Excel Live Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Kelly Married on 09/25/2021

Great DJ/Band

I would highly recommend Excel. My mother and I found them at a bridal expo in 2019, my wedding of course got postponed due to covid in 2020 until September 2021 and they gave us no problems AT ALL. They had the new date available so they rebooked no problem at no extra charge at all (they were the only vendor that did it with no extra charge). The price was so fair I thought they’d sing 2 songs and the rest would be the DJ but I was very wrong. They sang EVERY song and sounded perfect! Everyone was dancing the whole night. For the price I assumed they would only sing a few songs. Excel really knows how to make a wedding reception a party! I gave them next to no guidance as to what to play- I told them to make sure everyone’s having fun and that’s exactly what they did!! I would highly recommend them.
    Stevi C. Married on 08/21/2021

Best hybrid band/DJ you can find

Jason and his team are absolutely incredible. Beyond amazing to work with and extremely professional yet totally down to earth and easy to talk to. He’s totally willing to work with you, however we loved just leaving it up to him to read the crowd. He nailed it!!! My guests couldn’t believe the uniqueness of it being a band and DJ. They are worth every dime and then some!!! If you hire them, your guests will definitely have a night they won’t forget!
    Gynnifer S. Married on 07/09/2021

Incredible Reception!

A great DJ makes a big difference. We met with several DJ companies and when we found Excel Live we knew they were the one. Jason is professional and knows how to make a party that makes your guests want to dance!
    Lights, music, live band and DJ - check out this company.
    Lyndsay G. Married on 07/01/2021

What a party!

We looked at reviews of many DJs, and checked out Excel Live because the reviews were very good. It was a good decision! Not only was Jason so easy to work with, he and his group really delivered for our reception.
    The music was specially chosen for us, and the dance floor was full all night.
    Give these guys a chance - you will NOT be disappointed.
    Bridget B. Married on 06/13/2021

Best wedding band around!

I first saw Excel Live at a friend's wedding. I was blown away by the quality and professionalism. The dance floor was full. I had to have them for my wedding reception, and I am so glad I did!
    Jason was amazing to work with, giving suggestions and making the decision-making process easier. I have been to weddings where the DJ was kitschy. Not Excel Live! The music was top-notch. So many guests raved about the reception.
    I can totally recommend Excel Live...you will not be disappointed!
    Suzanne S. Married on 06/11/2021

Who doesn't love a party?

We loved working with Excel Live because they offer so many options. We had a list of what we wanted and we got it! The reception was one big party. The music is for everyone, and the dance floor was full. These guys are professional and energetic. We can totally recommend them.
    Jennifer A. Married on 06/06/2021

Great party band!

Excel Live turned out to be an awesome choice for our wedding! Professional and happy to accommodate is exactly what you will get with these guys. We partied the night away, and guests had only good things to say about them. Check them out - you won't be disappointed!
  • ELISA
    Elisa S. Married on 06/03/2021

Jason and his team were awesome!

Jason and his team were phenomenal for our wedding! They played all of our requested music and all of our guests expressed their appreciation for playing a wide range of genres for all generations. They transitioned well between live band and DJ. They truly made our evening one to remember and we never left the dance floor! We had a blast and I highly recommend them!!!
    Alexa J. Married on 06/01/2021

Highly Recommend!

Excel Live is amazing! From start to finish, they made the reception planning fun and easy. And the reception was awesome. The dance floor was full all night. There was music for all ages.
    You want an unforgettable reception, check our Excel Live!
    Elizabeth G. Married on 05/23/2021

Unforgettable Night!

We loved working with Excel Live! They made our reception so fun. Jason is professional and easy to work with. Livia is an amazing singer, and the band members are awesome as well. It was great to have a combo band and DJ. Try these guys...they will not disappoint!
    Celeste J. Married on 05/16/2021

Go for the best!

Planning a wedding is stressful enough! From the day we met Jason at Excel Live, we knew we'd found our reception entertainment. The live music and DJ-ing was over the top great, and our family and friends said so many good things about these guys (and women).
    We can 1000% recommend this business.
  • Casey
    Casey C. Married on 05/07/2021

The most dancing I've ever done at a wedding

I initially met Jason and his team at a wedding expo and they initially sold on my mom on their band with their very fun interactive booth. We hired them immediately! I communicated with Jason throughout the entire process who was professional, friendly and most importantly listened to us! The DJ/ band hybrid is really the best combo and it showed the day of our wedding. Who doesn't love some live music?? Our guests danced and sang up until the lights came on at the very end of the night. Everyone was amazed when Jason pulled out a megaphone to sing Mr. Brightside which made the cover sound like the original! What a genius idea!!!!
    I truly feel Excel took our wedding to the next level! If you are looking for a wedding band that will give you the concert feel but keep the wedding moving Excel is it! The performance for the price is such an incredible value. I really like that Jason is the person you communicate with and also the lead singer. Many times I found that the person you communicate with "the front desk" is not your performer and there is sometimes a communication. Jason helped us personalize everything. The talent on this team is incredible! Hope to see Excel at a wedding again sometime soon!!
  • Nicole
    Nicole C. Married on 05/01/2021

Excel Live is incredible!

We booked Excel Live for our wedding and it is hands down the BEST decision we made for our wedding! Jason and the entire Excel team were incredible. The dance floor was packed the entire night and no one wanted the night to end. We even had a specific request to incorporate a few Polish songs into the night and Jason made it happen - and made it a hit! We are so grateful to have found Excel Live and have them a part of our day, it was a party from start to finish and our friends and family cannot stop raving about how amazing the music was. We cannot recommend Jason and his team enough!
  • Liz
    Liz B. Married on 08/23/2020

Absolute best!!

Jason & CO are the absolute best! I happened to stumble across them performing live at a wedding expos and knew instantly I wanted to book them for my upcoming wedding. I am so glad I did! Excel entertainment is best in class without questions. Because they’re a band/DJ hybrid, we really got the best of both world! I absolutely loved the live cover of our first dance song. It made the first dance feels that much more special and customized.
    Jason was great at feeling the crowd and tailored music selections so that there was a little bit of something for everyone. We have gotten so many compliments from our guests with special shout out to the band.
    It wasn’t easy pulling a wedding in the midst of a pandemic. But even under current circumstances, our wedding was a night to remember (and the all!)
    I can’t recommend them enough!!
    Nancy S. Married on 03/07/2020

Thank you!!!

Jason is the best! Hiring him was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He was very communicative throughout the entire process. We had a sit-down meeting to discuss all our wedding details and Jason was pleasant and very easy to talk with. My husband and I felt 100% confident going into the wedding that he would do a fantastic job, and would play exactly the songs we wanted -- and he did! My husband really wanted to make sure our guests danced throughout the night, and Jason with his crew and band expertly read the room to keep playing the songs we wanted to hear. Everyone had the best night, thanks in large part to Jason!
  • Justin
    Justin M. Married on 01/11/2020

They “Excelled” our expectations

I told my wife I wanted to handle one thing and that was the entertainment. I love a band and a DJ. I was curious if there was a way to do both. Google passed me along to Excel. Going to YouTube watching videos I was blown away. I emailed Jason and he was very quick responding to me. I told him what I wanted and not only did he deliver but my wife and I felt that we were the headline of our concert. They played everything and Jason has a gift reading the crowd and had my guests dancing all night. You would not be disappointed. I even had one guest tell me that she wanted to get divorced from her husband and remarry him so they could have Excel haha. If you are torn between a band and DJ then you must go with Excel.
    Adriana D. Married on 12/22/2019

Amazing Job!!

Jason and his team did an amazing job at our wedding! Everyone loved the music and danced nonstop throughout the whole reception! We are so happy that we decided to go with his Dj/Band Hybrid! He understood our song styles and preferences, read the room well, and did a great job of planning everything beyond just the music. He seamlessly coordinated the various reception details such as toasts, special dances, lighting options, etc. Thanks Jason for making our wedding that much more special -- we had such a blast and all of our guests really enjoyed themselves!
    Laura D. Married on 12/20/2019

Pleasure to work with!!

Jason and his staff where absolutely amazing! Was serious when he needed to be, followed timeline, always responded quickly to me and gave great suggestions! Everything was perfect and I am so impressed by his set up and execution of his dj band hybrid! I loved the online planner it was so easy to use. The best wedding ever and everyone raves about how much fun we had!! It was amazing to watch some wedding highlights from his Instagram stories as well the morning after. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding reception! Thank you!
  • Z
    Zoey W. Married on 11/16/2019

Thank you!!!

Our DJ was one of the most important vendor decisions to us, dancing/partying was a huge piece of our wedding so this hire was critical. I can tell you that without a doubt, Jason and the Excel band were absolutely perfect. There was not a second of our wedding that the dance floor was not packed. We continue to hear how epic the dance party was and our guests were dancing HARD. Everything ran so smoothly, Jason was such a great MC, and we will remember the party forever. Thank you so much to the entire Excel team, specifically Jason for making our special day so memorable!
    Kim A. Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing!!!

Excel did an amazing job for our wedding!! With everything we had to plan, selecting our DJ/Band was by far one of the easiest choices. From meeting with us initially to helping us choose the package that was right for us (and let me tell you, they’ve got Options!!) to making sure everything would go how we expected, these guys blew it out of the water! Jason kept our wedding guests entertained, got the party going and really felt the crowd to decide what to play. Our wedding was a Party and it was all thanks to Jason and Excel Entertainment!!!!

Emily U. Married on 11/03/2019

Thank You!!!

We absolutely cannot thank Jason enough for such an amazing wedding this past Sunday. I have received nonstop texts about how much fun the night was and how perfect the music was. We had many special requests when it came to our first dance and wedding party intros and Jason went above and beyond to deliver. He was quick to get people up on the dance floor after dinner and was a fantastic emcee and the DJ Band hybrid was a must have! I have no doubt in my mind that the night would not have run as smoothly without him. Do yourself a favor and book now!!!! Music is the most important factor in keeping your wedding fun and memorable and this guy knows how to make it all happen!!! THANK YOU!!!
    Tara S. Married on 10/25/2019

Pleasure to work with!

We had the privilege of working with Jason from Excel Entertainment and he is absolutely fantastic! He was very accommodating when it came to scheduling meetings and helping us create the timeline for our special day. The day ran so smoothly! He kept us on schedule throughout the evening but we never felt like we were just running through a chain of events. We totally enjoyed every moment of our special day and it was an added bonus that Jason was willing to go along with our corny song choices for a few special moments at the reception. It definitely didn’t go unnoticed that he got to know our personalities well enough that he was able to go above and beyond when personalizing our music that night. That dance floor never had a break! I would highly recommend Excel Entertainment!
    Erica M. Married on 10/20/2019

Amazing!!!

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ/Band experience than Excel Entertainment. Jason did everything we wanted and more to make our day perfect. We are very indecisive people, thankfully he was there to help us plan and coordinate our day with ease and made the song selection process painless. Our dance floor was packed the whole night and our attendees are still telling us the wedding was one of the most fun they had been to. I cannot recommend Excel Entertainment enough. They will make your night one you and your guests won't forget!
    Sandra R. Married on 10/11/2019

Got what we wanted and more!

From the start of our wedding planning we knew we wanted Excel Entertainmet at our event. Jason was really personable and easy to talk to. When ever we had a question he was right there to respond. From the start of our wedding ceremony to the end of the reception they touched on so many emotions- it was amazing! My husband and I had a grand idea for our wedding party entrance and Jason delivered! We couldn’t ask for anything more than what Excel provided. We got so many compliments about our reception and the program. Thank you so much Jason and the Excel Crew for making our special day PERFECT!
    Marcus A. Married on 08/30/2019

The best out there

Excel Entertainment is the absolute best dj/band hybrid out there! We were looking primarily for a band, but when we found out that they offered a mix of live band with a dj, we were sold! We actually listened to about 8 other bands from NJ/NY in every price range and not one of them could close to the talent of Excel. We saw them perform live at a bridal show and their energy was off the charts, so it was a no brainer going with them. Jason and his team played everything from 90s pop to house music, keeping the energy at an all time high. They even learned songs that we wanted them to learn, and they killed it! Kudos to an amazing guitarist (Jason) and singer (Liv). Excel Entertainment is the best out there..thank you!