Excel Entertainment Reviews

Excel Entertainment 2
Excel Entertainment 3

Lauren Desppisch · Married on 07/07/2019

Amazing vibe!!!

We can't say enough good things about Excel Entertainment, and our guests have been raving about the quality of the band. We didn't want a cliche NJ wedding with just a DJ and all the same songs everyone is used to so we chose the DJ and full band option, and they perfectly executed exactly the vibe we wanted. The MC Jay struck the perfect balance of singing hits while getting everyone on the dance floor, to transitioning to what felt like a real live concert! Jay has a really amazing talent of being able to read the room, and maintain a level of energy that is out of this world! I would definitely recommend Excel Entertainment to anyone who loves live music that is well-executed, needs a versatile band who can cover a wide range of genres, and acts extremely professionally while having a blast. Thank you, Jay, Liv, and the rest of the band for helping make our wedding reception unforgettable!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Ewa · Married on 02/10/2019

Loved jason!

We loved Jason! He usually books himself with the band and we only hired the MC/ DJ so we weren't sure that Jason would be the one working our wedding until about 2 months before- thankfully he was! He played an awesome mix of music that catered to all our guests. My (now) husband and I danced the entire night ( we only sat for about 10 minutes total to eat our meals). Even our most picky guests LOVED the music! He is great at reading the crowd and mixing songs ( we had been to weddings where the DJ played every song entirely and it was awful!). I recommend Jason to anyone looking for great entertainment.

Sent on 02/26/2019

Danielle · Married on 10/27/2018

Park Savoy - Danielle and Brandon Albro

I would like to thank you and your band for rocking the house during Brandon and Danielle
    Albro's wedding reception at the Park Savoy on 10/27/2018. We have received tons of feedback from our guests complimenting the band’s energy and musicianship. You all are the best and we would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone looking for a great band! I have 2 more daughters. Totally worth it and best money spent.

Regards, Maryann and Dave Tompkins

Sent on 10/29/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/03/2018

Wow is all that we can say! We chose excel entertainment and it was the best decision we made! We knew the type of crowd we had (a bunch of dancing machines) and we wanted to be on the dance floor all night and we definitely were! Jason and his team are absolutely amazing and bring so much energy!! We used the hybrid half band and dj and our guests absolutely loved it people are still talking about it! When I tell you the dance floor was packed at all times it truly was they read the crowd so well! Jason and his team also surprised us with a live performance of our first dance song instead of playing it through the DJ it was so special we can’t thank excel enough! I wish we could re live the night over and over again and our guests wish they could too!! Thank you excel!!
    -Brittany & Ricky 8/3/18

Sent on 08/14/2018
    Excel Entertainment 4
    Excel Entertainment 5
    Excel Entertainment 6
  • I

Ivy · Married on 06/28/2018

We are so happy with our experience with Excel Entertainment! We had the pleasure of having them perform for our wedding reception at Seasons Catering. They took the time before the wedding to meet with us and see what kind of music we were interested in and how we wanted the night to go in terms of music for our guests as well. Jason and the team were so accommodating with last minute changes when it came to changes in song choices as well as introductions for the reception, which we greatly appreciated the day of! The energy was great throughout the night and no one wanted the music to end.

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 06/22/2018

Excel is exceptional

Jason and the rest of Excel Entertainment are simply AMAZING. My wedding was five days ago and I'm still getting calls about how awesome the dj/band hybrid was. One of my family friends actually booked them for my friend's wedding next June. We had 225 guest at our wedding all of which never left the dance floor. Our dance floor was packed from start to finish of our wedding. Jason is so great to work with. Explain the vibe you are looking for for your wedding and he'll make it happen. The dj/band hybrid is such a unique feel and leaves guests in awe. Excel Entertainment also has exceptional live musicians for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Our live pianist made the ceremony music a dream come true. We saw them once at a bridal show and booked them immediately, that's all it took. Do yourself and the rest of your wedding guest a favor and book them right away! They will bring down the house with an unforgettable night!

Sent on 02/21/2019

Ashley · Married on 04/28/2018

We loved working with excel entertainment ! Jason and his team were amazing. They kept everyone dancing all night, and we got so many compliments from our guests on how great our music was. Jason was awesome in helping us plan the perfect night. I would highly recommend the DJ/ live music combo - it made for an unforgettable party !

Sent on 05/06/2018

Steven · Married on 02/17/2018

As we planned our wedding and selected vendors, my wife and I were very certain about one thing: The DJ is what takes a wedding from "nice night" to something unforgettable for you and your guests. Everyone likes a nice centerpiece, and sure, pictures are important too... but how much fun people have, and making the reception special --- that's where the DJ, Band, and Company come into the picture.

Being a 20 something, we had been to A LOT of weddings leading up to planning our own. We knew what we liked, didn't like, and wanted from our DJ. Which is why Jason was the only vendor we needed to meet with when it came time for our own wedding. They exceeded our already high expectations, and IT WAS AWESOME! Ceremony music was beautiful and set the tone just right. Cool jazz got everyone loose during cocktail hour. Intros were stellar. First dances were beautiful and were performed live by the band. The, most importantly, reception. Everyone had a blast all night long with stellar live performances and great music choices.

Of the 10+ weddings i've been to in the past 4 years, Excel Entertainment has the #1 and #2 spot for best DJ. Of course, #1 is our own =). You simply will not find better.

Sent on 03/24/2018

Cris · Married on 02/16/2018

My daughter, Francesca and Devin were married on Feb. 16, 2018. We booked Excel for music, photography, photo booth, and more. They exceeded our expectations. The band/dj were amazing. We had a country singer who sang the wedding song and was really good. The dance floor was full all night. Jason and everyone at Excel were attentive to our needs and always available when we had questions. David the photographer was perfect. He was there every time we needed a photo. Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/15/2018

Victoria · Married on 12/09/2017

From the second I met Jason, I knew that we made the best decision when going with Excel. They are like no other wedding entertainers out there and I had no doubt in my mind that they were going to make our wedding the most fun time ever. What I didn’t know is how much they were going to exceed all my expectations! Jason came to my venue with us when we first booked and did a full walk through. He gave us so much expertise advice not only about the music and the lighting, but about the layout of the room, different ideas that would make the wedding flow - and everything he suggested we went with which made everything even more fabulous. He is SO knowledgeable about everything Wedding and a genius in knowing exactly how to throw a fun and awesome party.

During our wedding, our guests had SO much fun!!!!! Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night and Excel knew exactly how to read the crowd to keep everyone going. Jason checked in with us all night long making sure we were having a great time and that everything was going how we wanted. Liv has the voice of an angel and can sing ANYTHING! The DJ and instrumental members of the band are out of this world. I am so happy to be one of the first in my very big family to get married because I will definitely make everyone book with Excel. I am a very particular and picky person, especially when it comes to music and I cannot express enough how out of this world Excel was. My husband and I are so thankful that we booked with Excel. They will absolutely make your wedding and you will not be disappointed for even a second.

THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SO MUCH YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Erika · Married on 11/18/2017

Jason and his team at Excel Entertainment rocked out at our wedding in the best way. Our friends and family kept coming up to me just to say how awesome the band was. Some didn’t even realize that someone was singing until they looked, because that’s how authentic they sounded to each song. They always had great control of the crowd and kept everyone on their feet. Thank you all so much, we had the best time of our lives.

Mr. & Mrs. Wesley Hebrew
    11.18.17

Sent on 11/24/2017

Kayla · Married on 10/07/2017

Excel Entertainment played at our wedding this past weekend in Geneva, NY and they hit it out of the park!!! First, Jason was a pleasure to work with during the whole planning process. He is 100% a professional and very responsive. They showed up promptly after a 5 hour drive for them ( sorry guys! Haha) and everything went very smoothly. They absolutely killed it at our wedding! Such amazing energy, perfect song choices, incredible vocals and talent. A great band was our top priority and we're so glad that we booked them. I heard our guests say multiple times that they didn't even realize that there were people singing because it sounded so good just like the original songs. Thank you guys for everything! I'd recommend you to anyone!

Also, our coordinator said that you guys had the best sound volume out of every band that has ever played there.. and they have a wedding 3x a week every week of the year. Awesome job!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Erica · Married on 08/14/2017

THE BEST BAND EVER! Our wedding was SOOOO amazing thanks to Excel! They had our guests (and us!) dancing all night long until the very last second. They were so fun to work with and accommodating as well. Jason, the owner, is awesome and Livia has the prettiest voice in the world. They did the perfect variety of music to please the diverse crowd. Our guests could not stop talking about how amazing our band was and how much fun they all had!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Sandra · Married on 08/13/2017

I first heard Excel at a bridal show and I was immediately convinced I wanted them for our wedding. We are extremely happy that we chose them to perform at our wedding. You get the perfect blend of DJ/band to play a variety of music. I was a bit worried since most of our guests are Hispanic/Filipino but everyone absolutely LOVED them. We purchased the band option which includes the MC, singer, bass/drums. First of all, the singer, Livia, is fantastic! Her voice is just wonderful. The MC, Jason, is super awesome and flexible with whatever you need. He also sometimes sings and plays the guitar (he is AMAZING on it). The men who played the bass/drums are also great! There was another guy who was the DJ and also happened to sing one of the songs we requested to hear live. He turned out to be fabulous as well! We also purchased the uplighting, custom gobo design, and TV package option. The uplighting is what MADE the room! All the guests loved the different colors that were used. The gobo design was beautiful too (there are dozens of options to choose from)- although our guests didn't even realize we had it since they are distracted by other things. The TV package was awesome as well. We are so happy we purchased it. The only thing that disappointed me was that the candid camera guy (which is included in the TV package) took less than 100 photos and most of them ended up looking cloudy/blurry. Either way it's an added bonus that we didn't even expect because all we cared about were the huge TVs that were by the band. We'd like to thank the entire team for an amazing night- we are so happy to have booked you. Jason- you are awesome for helping us make our custom mixes. Thank you for being flexible with us and also we love how easy it is to use your client webpage. We will definitely use you again for other party needs! Brides- this team is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. You will not regret booking them!!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Carol · Married on 04/21/2017

Excel Live is straight up a great band. There's no other way to put it. If you want real entertainment at your wedding then look no further than these guys. We had a blast!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Marissa · Married on 04/15/2017

Excel Entertainment kept our dance floor packed all night. I didn't think anyone would be able to do it because our crowd was so diverse but they did it, and it was AMAZING! Thanks again guys, you rocked!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Nicole · Married on 04/07/2017

My husband and I were so happy with Excel Entertainment on our wedding day. They had every guest on the dance floor and played all the songs that we requested. Jason and his team are talented, easy to get along with and very professional. They went above and beyond for us and I cannot thank them enough!!

Sent on 04/21/2017

Avery · Married on 03/04/2017

If you want your wedding to be perfect, this is the company you book for entertainment. We were concerned about booking a band that was not only entertaining, but could also keep up with appearances. Excel Entertainment is your best option period. Thanks guys.

Sent on 04/13/2017

Valerie · Married on 02/18/2017

We could not have been happier with Excel Live. They went above and beyond all of our expectations. Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had and I cannot wait to see the video! It was like there was a concert being held in our honor. Thanks again guys you rocked!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Jennifer · Married on 02/18/2017

Excel Entertainment is the real deal. They are without a doubt the most professional guys in the business and we couldn't have been happier on our wedding day because of them. They are simply the best wedding entertainment available right now.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Sarah · Married on 01/14/2017

Our wedding was amazing and we owe it all to Jason and the guys at Excel. If you're going to go with a band in 2017, these are the guys you book. Livia has an incredible voice and they know exactly what to play to make people get up and dance, both old and young. All of the other bands we looked into just seemed dated. All it took was one appointment at the office and we were sold. Check them out and see for yourself. Thanks again guys you rocked!

Sent on 01/24/2017

Leandra · Married on 12/03/2016

People are still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding! Anthony was a great MC. I would recommend Excel to anyone booking a DJ for their wedding.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Tara · Married on 11/19/2016

Picking the entertainment for your wedding is one of the scariest most stressful things you have to book. You need someone who's going to keep your guests up on the dance floor without you having to worry about it, Jason, Livia and the rest of the guys at Excel Live killed it. I didn't have to say one thing the entire night. They were perfect!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Silvia · Married on 11/05/2016

Jason and Keith did an amazing job for our wedding at Rock Island Lake Club. The music for our ceremony and cocktail hour was perfect. For our reception they kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. They even played some ska and freestyle music which made my night entirely. Jason was a pleasure to work with. His planning tool online made everything so easy and he always responded to emails promptly. I would definitely recommend excel entertainment for any future couples.

Sent on 11/17/2016