Evermore Wedding Gown Care Reviews

33 | Minneapolis, MN

33 Reviews for Evermore Wedding Gown Care

• Danielle

Danielle Norgren · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing Dress Alterations! Absolutely recommend.

I definitely recommend Evermore in New Hope for wedding dress alterations. My seamstress was Nga and she did perfect work and was able to make every alteration I wanted. She (along with everyone at the shop) was easy to work with and the result was the dress of my dreams. This likely won't be the cheapest place, but the quality of work is worth every penny.

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Emily

Emily Iten · Married on 07/20/2019

Best place to get preserved

I used Evermore to preserve my dress and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience! They answered all of my questions with ease and helped me understand the whole process on how they clean it and why their cleaning/preserving is much different than others. Many other companies send your dress out to foreign countries and claim they cleaned it in house, but not with Evermore! They clean and preserve your dress in their location!

I got married outside and had tons of stains on the bottom of my dress, that I thought would never come out, was I wrong. They got out EVERY single stain on my dress, even the spray tan spots on the thin straps. I was shocked on how beautiful it turned out and I would recommend this place to anyone in a heartbeat. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Camille

Camille · Married on 07/13/2019

AMAZING Experience!!!!!!!!!!!

I went in for an initial consultation and fitting on Saturday, May 4 for my July 2019 wedding. I was late to my appointment and they were extraordinarily accommodating. I believe they only book one appointment at a time so that morning I had the exclusive attention of the experts in the salon. After putting on the dress and discussing the wedding, the tailor, Pa, let me know that in her opinion, the dress already fit correctly and that she did not think that I needed any alterations at all, although she said that if I felt there were any I needed she would be happy to make them. So many other salons would have made unneeded alterations so they could make money, but Pa was incredibly honest and made me feel great about my dress and my day! I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Gabby

Gabby · Married on 06/08/2019

$600 alterations but it was totally worth it!

Po and Serena were lovely to work with. I came in with a gown I purchased second-hand (had never been worn or altered) and they made it look absolutely stunning! The price for the work they did felt high, but the work was also of very high quality. Overall, I spent about $600 to add a belt, hem, bustle, and bring in the bodice of my gown. I was completely thrilled with the results! The experience was comfortable, and my gown was perfect. I will absolutely be bringing my gown to them for cleaning before reselling it.

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Banks · Married on 05/26/2019

She saved my dress!

Pa did an incredible job, she completely fixed my dress. When I first tried on my dress at the store it was a number of sizes too big for me, so when they had it all clipped back it looked very different than when I got my size in. I was very concerned about not having significant cleavage, but the real dress came with a very very deep V. Pa was able to recreate the lace and redo the beading so that it was more conservative but beautiful and you couldn't even tell it wasn't how the dress was made! It's unbelievable what she did. She also fixed the hemline and straps. She is very professional and she is such a lovely woman. Her store is beautiful.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Kathleen · Married on 09/02/2018

You get what you pay for, Evermore is expensive, but worth every penny! I took my full crepe and silk wedding gown to them for alternations and the final product was beyond expectation!! After the three fittings, cleaning and pressing the gown was absolute perfection and fit like a glove. Serena and Pa were both wonderful to work with and extremely polite and friendly. The atmosphere of the shop is very modern, located in an old brick building, but beautifully feminine and well decorated. Each time I went, I looked forward to seeing my gown knowing it was in great hands. When I went to pick it up before my wedding, Serena notice a small stain on the train and had it spot cleaned and returned within the day. They are such a wonderful vendor, I would highly recommend Evermore to anyone looking for gown alterations, pressing and cleaning.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Claire · Married on 07/14/2018

I went to the Evermore New Hope location and it was UNREAL. Both a friend and my day of coordinator suggested Evermore and I am SO glad they did. Nga was unbelievable - my dress was way too big for me and she had me come in multiple times over a two-month time span to get it just right. It was a strapless dress (something I had always vowed that I wouldn't get) and she altered it SO well - she took it in perfectly at the ribs so it stayed up the entire day without me thinking about it, but it wasn't too tight. And she was personable too! I was trying to figure out what to do with my hair/ headpiece and she was the one who helped me figure out what to ultimately do - which I loved when I look back at pictures!! I have told so many people about wonderful Evermore in New Hope and how amazing Nga was. Thank you so much, Evermore and especially Nga! And I took my dress in after the wedding and got it preserved - they were great. They got everything out (even a red wine stain on the back) and walked me through my annual care so I can keep it in pristine condition forever and pass it on. Beyond impressed.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Dalia · Married on 06/23/2018

I bought my dress at a trunk show. The top has beautiful beading work and the shoulders were too long. I was very concern that a seamstress would be able to work with the dress and still keep its beading work. When I tried on the dress it was beautifully updated. My dress looked even better the day of and they also pressed my veil.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Shannon · Married on 06/04/2016

I had a great experience working with Wedding Gown Care Specialists! I wore my grandmother's wedding dress (with a different skirt) and quite a bit of work needed to be done to the dress. I probably visited Wedding Gown Care Specialists 5-6 times throughout the process, and the staff was very patient with my requests and the amount of changes that were needed (lace was ripped, boning needed to be replaced, panels needed to be rebuilt, buttons needed to be replaced, etc.). They even helped me put together a belt for the dress. I am so thrilled with the final product and really believed that they saved my grandma's dress!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Jade · Married on 11/07/2015

I was nervous to leave my dress for the first time, but they did an absolutely wonderful job tailoring it to me! The ladies that work there are so nice and did a great job taking care of my dress. I have them preserving it now, can't wait to pick it up!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/02/2015

I wanted to thank your team for taking such great care of me. They thoroughly made the process of cleaning and packaging of my dress less stressful. Knowing that my dress is prepared to withstand the elements and cleaned to look like the day I first put it on makes me incredibly happy. I can’t wait to fluff and re-visit my dress every 2 years and appreciate knowing that if I have any future issues that they would continue to take care of me and my dress.

Thank you for all of your help!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Nothing but great things to say about Wedding Gown Care Specialists. After a disaster alteration appointment three weeks prior to my wedding at my original seamstress in Chicago, Wedding Gown Care Specialists took me in at the last minute and fixed an uneven and too large strap on my wedding dress. They steamed it as well - all within one week of my wedding. The shop is adorable and people are so nice - I wish I had gone there from the beginning (my personal advice - don't do alterations at the bridal shop, go elsewhere!). I had such a great experience that my wedding dress is there right now to be preserved. Totally recommend! Competitively priced.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Megan · Married on 06/20/2015

Sarah did such an amazing job cleaning and preserving my dress. I had multiple stains on the front of my dress, and the under skirt of my train was filthy from mud. The dress is good as new. I highly recommend spending the additional money to get your dressed clean and preserved, and getting it done from the Wedding Gown Care Specialists. It's sad seeing your wedding dress in a box, but the Wedding Gown Care Specialists make much more enjoyable due to their high quality work and how pretty they make it look :)

Sent on 08/06/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/24/2015

I had my wedding dress altered by Wedding Gown Care Specialists and was extremely happy with how it turned out! I wore a mermaid style dress for my wedding, so it was critical that it was altered correctly. The dress fit like a glove after alterations, but I was still able to drink and dance all night in it. The ladies at Wedding Gown Care Specialists were friendly, timely, and professional. I'm so glad I chose them to alter my dress!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Ruthie · Married on 01/03/2015

Keep up the good work, Girls! Great job! Our daughter-in-law was able to wear her mother's wedding dress on her special day because the Wedding Gown Care Specialists did such a terrific job cleaning and restoring the dress that had stains, yellowing, and stored improperly. I highly recommend this service that is also friendly and done quickly!

Sent on 03/09/2015

Colleen · Married on 07/25/2014

I would highly recommend Wedding Gown Care Specialists! I couldn't believe how dirty my dress was after our wedding day and wanted to find a place that I could trust to handle the cleaning and preserving of my wedding dress. I was VERY pleased with the results. The Wedding Gown Care Specialists are the BEST! My dress looks brand new and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They gave me great advice on how to fluff my dress out with the special gloves that they gave me to prevent wrinkles. I will never forget my husband's reaction when he saw me in my dress for the first time. I am so thankful to have that memory forever preserved in the keepsake box they gave me. Thank you, Wedding Gown Care Specialists! I am excited to toast my husband with champagne on our future anniversaries and relive our wedding each year by opening up the box and seeing my immaculately preserved wedding dress!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Emily · Married on 07/18/2014

Great experience! Will definitely go back in the future. I was extremely impressed during every interaction.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Becky · Married on 11/05/2011

Service was great! She does all the cleaning herself by hand in store. She made me feel much more comfortable than the dry cleaners could about how my dress would be handled.

Sent on 12/16/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/24/2010

I would definitely recommend Wedding Gown Care Specialists gown preservation! karen was also able to clean up my shoes to almost perfection and I will be able to wear them again! They offer personalized service with flexible hours. I am very pleased!

Sent on 08/18/2010

Ashley · Married on 03/26/2010

I was in a wedding and took my bridesmaids dress to Wedding Gown Care Specialists to have it pressed after the "professional dry cleaner" was unable to properly care for it--twice (and in the process of trying actually made it worse)! Karen does an awesome job and was super accommodating to make sure that I got the dress back in time. She knows so much about dresses and how to care for them and is a fantastic resource for how you should care for the garments once you get them home. Even if there is a store closer to home, Wedding Gown Care Specialists is well worth the trip!

Sent on 05/18/2010

Serene · Married on 01/09/2010

Karen was so helpful in the cleaning of my gown prior to my weddding. I had heard all sorts of horror stories about wedding gown cleaning. Once I met Karen I could tell she was a very knowledgable and caring person. My gown looked perfect for my wedding and now Karen is cleaning and preserving it for my daughter or granddaughter to use some day. I would highly recommend her service to anybody that asks.

Sent on 02/17/2010
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/27/2009

Did a beautiful job of cleaning my mothers veil from 1981 for me to wear on my wedding day. Now she is in the process of preserving both my mother and my dress together. Thanks your great work.

Sent on 08/05/2009

Kara · Married on 05/16/2009

As a belated wedding gift, my mom took my dress to Wedding Gown Care Specialists to have it cleaned and preserved for me. She was extremely impressed with their knowledge and was very happy with the care they gave to my dress. It came in a nice box with directions on how to keep my dress in its best condition. We are very pleased!

Sent on 09/03/2009

Leah · Married on 02/21/2009

I felt so comfortable handing my gown over to Karen. She did a wonderful job of cleaning and pressing the sample gown that I bought prior to my wedding and I am already using her for the post-wedding cleaning and preserving as well. Great service at a great value! I highly recommend!

Sent on 04/10/2009
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/11/2016

I recently used WGCS for my dress bustling and my maid of honor had her dress pressed there. They did a wonderful job with the bustling (I had a big princess dress and I can imagine it was not an easy task!) They were very friendly and professional through the whole process! I thought they were a bit pricey but it was well worth it since they did a perfect job. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/19/2016