Evergreen Country Club Reviews

114 | Haymarket, VA

114 Reviews for Evergreen Country Club

• Stephanie

Stephanie Ryan · Married on 11/09/2019

Stephanie & David (Bride & Groom)

This venue is a one stop shop. It has everything that is needed for your wedding day. Gorgeous scenery, lodging on site, breathtaking venue for your ceremony, beautiful reception area, lots of great places to take your bride and groom pictures and an AMAZING staff. Evergreen country club was our first choice and no other venues compared. Leah made sure everything went over perfectly that day meeting all of our needs and answering all of our questions. All of our guests complimented how spectacular this location was, especially in the fall. Evergreen Country Club will always hold a special place in our hearts forever.

Sent on 12/30/2019

Jacqui · Married on 10/19/2019

Perfect Wedding

Evergreen is beautiful! The stone garden was a perfect place for our vows. Leah was so great. The inn is perfect to have your closest family and friends with you during this special time in your lives!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 08/31/2019

Elegant Evergreen Country Club

When we toured ECC, my husband and I knew almost immediately that we wanted to hold our wedding reception there. From the beautiful Civil War-era Inn, to the manicured landscape, and rolling mountains - it was everything we could have wished for. Leah and Cassi were very responsive to our questions and worked with us to make our dream come true. We brought our parents to the tasting and everyone loved the food - including all the guests at our reception! Our wedding day ran smoothly and flawlessly. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Eunice

Eunice · Married on 07/20/2019

Leah was amazing!

Due to the hot weather, we had to move our wedding indoors and Leah made sure everything ran smoothly. I changed my mind on the tablecloth literally the day before the wedding, and Leah was able to accommodate for the sweetheart table last minute as well. Food was incredible, drinks were all great, and the staff were all incredibly friendly. I would say even with the power outage from the freak storm, the whole experience was wonderful. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • KTRADH

KTR ADH · Married on 07/06/2019

The Perfect Wedding Experience!

We went through several site-visits to find the perfect wedding venue… we stopped searching after we found the ECC. This was the only location that we could actually envision having our wedding at. Unfortunately, due to the heat, we had to move our event indoors. This was a personal decision to ensure the safety of our older family members and to still look fresh for our wedding photos! While having the ceremony outdoors was our first choice, the indoor ceremony looked really nice!

Leah, our coordinator, was amazing. She was able to move the event indoors for us with no problems. Her flexibility with any last-minute changes and ability to work with all our vendors helped immensely. She was always available by phone or email for any preparation/planning questions we had. I don’t recall any stress on the day of our wedding! It was easy to let go and just let things happen.

We received A LOT of compliments on the food from our guests. Midge did a great job bartending for the event, too! I would like to thank all of the ECC staff who helped to make our day perfect.

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Ginny

Virginia G Filer · Married on 04/20/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue

This was the perfect wedding venue. Everything was so beautiful and so smooth. Leah was amazing and I was so pleased with everything. The food was delicious and the staff was helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 03/29/2019

Wonderful scenic venue

Evergreen Country Club was fantastic and a joy to work with. With a late March wedding the weather was bound to be iffy, but Evergreen offered to set up both inside and outside locations just incase (luckily the weather cooperated!).

Leah (our point of contact) was professional, helpful, and always answered any of our (many, many) questions promptly and thoroughly and kept in touch as the day approached. She walked us through the rehearsal the day before, and made sure we were taken care of in the bridal suite the day-of. This was especially helpful since my mother and aunt have mobility issues; Leah and her crew were fantastic helping them. (Mom stayed at the Inn at Evergreen and loved it). They were extremely accommodating when we needed to finagle some of the timing, and they made it easy to drop off decorations, desserts etc. the day before.

The food was fantastic! Our guests were talking about the food days later (seriously, get the whipped potatoes, you will not regret it) and they let us bring in extra desserts to supplement theirs. And the outside balcony was perfect to step away and get some fresh air at our cigar bar. At our request they even made up “to-go” bags with left overs for us so we could actually relax and enjoy the food later that night!

We certainly recommend the Evergreen Country Club. The scenic location and friendly service make this venue a must see.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Christine · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect Wedding Venue

Our wedding at Evergreen Country Club was perfect and we couldn’t have been happier working with Leah and her team. The venue was gorgeous (even in the rain we had) and the staff was friendly, responsive, and executed all the details perfectly.

The ceremony was originally supposed to be outside but because of the rain, it had to be moved inside. We were a little bummed but Leah and team sprang into action making sure the setup inside was flawless and as close to what we were imagining outside.

We also loved the food and our guests could not stop raving about how impressed they were with the filet and crab cakes.

Overall, Evergreen CC made sure our day was perfect even with the unexpected rain. We highly recommend this venue to anyone searching for the perfect place for their wedding!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Aly Lowry · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing wedding venue!

Evergreen was the perfect wedding venue! The venue was beautiful on the inside and outside. Food was amazing! Leah, the coordinator, was amazing. From start to finish she was there to help with anything and everything. I could not imagine a more perfect wedding experience.

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/19/2018

Wonderful wedding Venue

Leah and the whole crew at Evergreen country club was absolutely amazing and willing to work with us on everything. I highly recommend them as a venue

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Kayleen

Kayleen · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredible Venue

First off, this place is absolutely gorgeous on its own. The stone garden with the mountains in the background is stunning. The event coordinator, Leah, was amazing. She responded to all of my questions extremely quickly, even when she was on maternity leave, and was so helpful. The day of my wedding I didn't have to stress over making sure anything was set up or that everything was in place because she had it all handled. The overall price is pretty good especially for the Northern Virginia area. I highly recommend the Evergreen, they were a huge part of making my wedding day feel perfect.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Andrea · Married on 09/22/2018

We had our wedding at the Evergreen CC and everything was top-notch. Leah was responsive and helpful and walked us through every detail. Every time I emailed her a question, she always gave her expert opinion. She took so much stress out of it. The day of the wedding was seamless. Leah and Brandon made sure that everything was running smoothly. Before I walked down the aisle Leah smoothed out of my dress. She knew what time all of our vendors would arrive and she was able to make sure that everything was set up as planned. We did not have to worry about any of this. The food was amazing. While doing after ceremony pictures, servers came and brought us appetizes. During dinner, my husband and I were visiting tables and Brandon made sure to keep our food warm until he saw that we were back at our table. After, Brandon and his team cleaned up and put all of our items in very accessible spot so that we were able to pick them up after brunch the next morning. We only had 1 bartender, Midge she was absolutely amazing. No one was waiting in line. She was quick and courteous. She went out of her way to make sure my husband had his drink of choice. During the whole time of getting ready and preparation, Leah was working with the vendors and making sure that everything was as planned. She came to check on me a few times. She really made it seamless from the beginning to the end. The day before our wedding, we had our rehearsal. Leah helped coordinate. She told us when to walk down the aisle, where to stand and where to do after ceremony pictures. We rented the Evergeen Inn and Lisa was so helpful. She was responsive in answering all of our questions and made sure that everything was perfect. I did my hair and make-up in the Bridal Suite at the Evergreen Country Club, but put my dress on in the honeymoon suite. When my husband arrived, he got dressed in a friend’s room and Lisa came and brought his bag to our room, so we wouldn’t see each other before our first look.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/16/2018

I'm not even sure 3 weeks later I still have the words to adequately describe how wonderful ECC was during our wedding. From planning to day of--everything and everyone was amazing. We even held our rehearsal dinner here. I'm not sure how they did it--but the whole weekend I felt like ECC staff was just as invested in our events as we were--like it was "their" wedding too. That is a sign of a great event staff. Everything from event coordination to wait staff to food was top notch. People are still talking about the salmon--people who claimed they don't like salmon--loved it. Looking for a venue that is quintessential Virginia--look at Evergreen. You'll regret it if you don't.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Sharon · Married on 06/16/2018

We just had our daughter's wedding at Evergreen. A year of planning with a VERY professional team. The day of the event we had So much RAIN. They waited until the last possible minute to move indoors. The team decorated to our specific requirements while we were all busy getting ready. The food was wonderful, the grounds are beautiful. The wedding party stayed in the Manor House onsite, and because of the weather all photographs had to be taken indoors. The Manor house is so beautiful that the pictures were awesome. You really must visit Evergreen and discuss what they can do for your event. I can't say enough about how wonderful the entire staff was. The on-site coordinator, bartender, chef, servers, EVERYONE was awesome and professional.

Sent on 07/24/2018
  • Alina

Alina · Married on 06/09/2018

The Perfect Venue!

I knew from the moment I stepped on the Evergreen lot that I wanted to have our wedding there. The venue is breathtaking and full of charm. From the outdoor ceremony venue to the Bridal Suite, I was so impressed by every facet of professionalism and beauty in Evergreen. Our pictures look AMAZING, and the backdrop of the rolling hills of home make them lovingly nostalgic as well.
    Leah was sweet and personable, prompt in responding to emails and getting information, flexible in dealing with changes and a powerhouse all around! The day of was HOT, and the team made sure our wedding party and photographers were hydrated and fed! I’ve heard from so many couples that they were unable to eat at their wedding, but we were specifically brought food so that we could stay focused on the important things. The Hors d'oeuvres and Dinner were all amazing! Our wedding was stress-free and wonderful, and the Evergreen team contributed so much to that! Thank you Evergreen!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Chris · Married on 11/18/2017

I don't have the words to explain how amazing the group at Evergreen Country Club is to work with. It starts at the top with the GM (Brian) and flows through the entire staff specifically Leah and Brandon. They make you wedding special from the first time you visit the venue until the day you get married. The staff that works the event (Especially Midge our bartender) goes out of their way to make every guest feel important and taken care of. I see no reason I will get married again but if I had any friends getting married, Evergreen Country Club is where I would recommend. Our weather was touch and go and the staff had us setup inside and out and we were able to make the call where the wedding would take place at the last minute. We did have the wedding outside and with the Bull Run Mountains in front of us it left my wife and I speechless. The day was absolutely amazing. Thank you Evergreen Country Club.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Chelsea · Married on 11/04/2017

The team at Evergreen is incredible. They go out of their way to make sure you’re taken care of and answer any questions in such a timely manner. Leah is such a calming presence and switched my ceremony in less than 30 min due to last minute rain. She ran the wedding day without a fault and Brandon did a great job taking over at night for the reception. It’s a beautiful venue in itself but Leah and Brandon are what made it run like a well oiled machine. There was zero stress on our wedding day! It’s truly because they handled everything with such care.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Katie · Married on 10/28/2017

Evergreen was everything and more for our wedding. This place is truly remarkable. Leah and Brandon make a great team. Both were very friendly, responsive to any questions we had throughout the planning process, and such a joy to work with. All of the event staff were wonderfully helpful and friendly. All of our guests have had nothing but great things to say about the venue, decor, food, and service provided!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Ryan · Married on 10/21/2017

From start to finish EVCC was amazing to work with. They were fast, flexible and made sure all of our details were spot on. The food and service the night of were outstanding. All of our guests commented how great the steak and crab-cakes were. The bar service was fast and friendly as well. I also highly recommend renting out the Inn. It was perfect for our family and wedding party. Ten rooms plus the bridal suite, which we split up 5 and 5 on both my and my wife's side. Super comfortable, very convenient and made things much easier. The grounds and area are breathtaking. We could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding. We consider ourselves extremely lucky to have found Evergreen.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2017

We had our wedding at Evergreen a few months ago and it couldn't have gone better! Leah is amazing and super responsive. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful...We chose Evergreen over a year before our wedding because of the outdoor ceremony space. The mountains in the background make for an amazing backdrop, and the wrap around terrace for cocktail hour was perfect. And we are still receiving compliments on the food! (Especially the filet!) I definitely think Evergreen deserves way more than 5 stars as far as value. Weddings are expensive in the northern Virginia area but I truly feel like you get your money’s worth at Evergreen. I also really appreciated that the staff made sure to bring us appetizers during cocktail hour while we were outside taking pictures- thank you!!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/23/2017

Evergreen was everything my husband and I could have asked for and so much more. Leah, the Director, was always so helpful and responsive when I had any questions or bridal freak-out moments. She gave us lots of great ideas and set everything up perfectly for the day of the wedding. The bridal suite is huge and such a nice place to get ready on the day of the wedding. The food was delicious and we received so many compliments on the food throughout the night. If you’re looking for a great venue and want to work with great people who truly love their job and want your wedding to be everything you ever imagined, you have to go with Evergreen.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Erica · Married on 08/26/2017

I would definitely recommend filling out the BEO earlier in the process. It was really helpful to ask questions and receive feedback while I was planning.

Leah did a fantastic job with our wedding!

Sent on 09/10/2017
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/10/2017

Planning a wedding from out of state is not easy but with the help of Leah and Brandon's help they made it all possible! The venue is gorgeous, The Inn with the Bridal Suite is beautiful and the mountains behind you are breath taking! The food was also amazing! Some pictures online show that they have forest green carpet where the reception is but those pictures are old (they are now a neutral color) so don't let that defer you from checking out the venue! So thankful I found this hidden gem and the team at Evergreen.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Caitlin · Married on 05/06/2017

We received nothing but compliments, everyone loved the venue being in the mountains. It was super green out and raining off and all all morning leading up to the wedding and when it came time Leah was extremely supportive and helpful when I needed to make the call - it was outdoors. The staff reassured me that the rain was almost gone and low and behold it stopped the moment I walked out! The food was cooked to tasty perfection and everyone was very pleased with their choices (including allergies/sensitivity meals). Leading up to the wedding I could bounce ideas off Leah, who was quick to respond and helped me with the final planning of the wedding (i.e. Tables, food items, when we could drop off items, ceremony set-up, and more..). The only downside was in the rush of cleaning up the wedding our bathroom baskets were picked through and wedding desserts disappeared, but Leah still made sure that we were able to enjoy some our the desserts we had. Which we extremely APPRECIATED. Overall, friendly staff, amazing quality food (everyone raved about it even my chef uncle), WONDERFUL day of coordinator/point of contact (Leah), and great wedding venue. You will have an amazing wedding day if you work with this group.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Sarah · Married on 04/29/2017

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Evergreen Country Club. The staff is unbelievably patient, kind, professional, accommodating, prompt, extremely reliable, and two steps ahead of the game- they were on point at all times. They were also very quick to respond to our emails and texts. A special appreciation to Leah, Brandon, and Travis for providing such a wonderful experience. You are in good hands with this team, they will do everything in their power to make sure you are happy on your wedding day. Everything was exactly what we wanted and we couldn't have been happier. I am still receiving compliments on the dinner served at our wedding. The food was nothing short of incredible and the presentation was divine! The scenery was breathe taking and the layout of the ballroom provided easy transition of events. At the end of the night my husband and I conveniently walked across the way to the bridal suite in the Inn at Evergreen, which was the perfect way to end the night. We truly had an unforgettable experience and highly recommend you booking your ceremony/reception/romantic getaway here at Evergreen Country Club. Thank you again Leah, Brandon and Travis for giving us the best day of our lives!

Sent on 05/05/2017