Events on the Half Shell Reviews

24 | Murrells Inlet, SC

24 Reviews for Events on the Half Shell

Kelli · Married on 04/08/2017

Debbie was great! She really helped me put all my ideas and vendors together into one cohesive vision.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Margaret Kay · Married on 06/14/2015

Debbie did a wonderful job with our destination wedding. She organized and found everything since we could not be down there to organize and find what we needs ourselves. She made our wedding exactly how we wanted it and did so with professionalism and eloquence. I would recommend Debbie to anyone!

Sent on 03/06/2015

Teresa · Married on 11/08/2014

After having several months to reflect on our only daughter's wedding day, we can honestly say that the best money we spent was with our Wedding Coordinator, Debbie Idol with Events on the Half Shell. My daughter, her fiancé, my husband and I were in agreement that on the day of the wedding, the last thing we wanted to do was worry about the details of the day. From our first meeting until the last guest left the reception, Debbie was there to provide us with whatever it took to make the day as seamless and worry free as possible. We were not disappointed, we celebrated the evening away without the first thought of the details. That can only happen when you have the right people in place to do the job. If we had to use one word to describe the way Debbie handled our event, it would have to be "integrity". That word encompasses all of the other superlatives that I would add to our experience. If we had to do it all over again or had another event to plan, I wouldn't hesitate for one second to call Debbie with Events on the Half Shell.

Trish · Married on 10/26/2014

We interviewed 2 previous planners and were very dissappointed until we met Debbie. She was excited about our ideas and willing to work with us and we felt very comfortable working with her from the very first meeting. Debbie was absolutely amazing. She answered questions we didn't even know to ask and worked with us every step of the way. She provided suggestions of her own that proved to be very valuable ideas, showing us that she knew what she was doing and yet made us feel like we were all working together for the best possible wedding day. The wedding day itself was amazing in that she handled every detail no matter how insignicant, and we were left to just enjoy the day with our daughter, totally stress free. I don't care how much you try, weddings are stressful , but this was one most enjoyable day, thanks to Debbie.

Sent on 03/01/2015

Liz · Married on 10/25/2014

Debbie Idol is amazing! A friend told me about her and I am so glad we connected. She was knowledgeable, professional, affordable, and genuine! She kept me on track and helped me with many decisions based on her experience. I would be happy to talk with anyone that is considering using Debbie as an event planner.

Sent on 02/28/2015

We couldn't have done it without Events on the Half Shell. Thanks for such a special experience!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Courtney · Married on 10/25/2014

Debbie was wonderful! Always prepared and went above and beyond to make my wedding day everything I had dreamed for and hoped for!

Sent on 03/12/2015

Mimi · Married on 09/20/2014

Debbie was the best! She was there all the way through and provided expert advice in every area. She has all the best contracts and can be counted on to ensure everything goes perfectly. Highly highly recommend Debbie.

Sent on 01/30/2015

Denise · Married on 06/14/2014

Debbie Idol was a great help in planning our daughter's destination wedding. She was experienced and knowledgeable about making this day special for our family.

Sent on 02/27/2015

Rena · Married on 05/17/2014

As a mother of the bride (living in VA) with the bride living in Atlanta, Debbie was an essential part of planning a wonderful wedding in Pawleys Island, SC! At the beginning, when we did not know where to start to find the reception venue and other vendors with our hoped-for qualities and budget, she met with me and provided key suggestions that helped me get the main vendors lined up in one weekend (mostly). She has valuable working relationships that helped us with the reception venue, florist, rentals, DJ, etc. Debbie always got back to my daughter and I quickly when we called or e-mailed, and made us feel calm and in control of the many details leading up to a busy and amazing wedding weekend. Most of all, she made the rehearsal evening and wedding day flow smoothly with her timeline and positive professional presence! She did so much to help our friends set up the reception venue so that we did not have to go over on the wedding day - we KNEW Debbie would handle the details well, and she did admirably!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Carol · Married on 04/26/2014

Events on a Half Shell helped my daughter's wedding proceed like clockwork. Hiring them was the best decision I've ever made! We only had to worry about ourselves on the wedding day!

Sent on 01/31/2015

Miranda · Married on 04/26/2014

Debbie was wonderful! So cheerful and supportive-everything a bride needs in a planner! She calmed my nerves and made my day more than I could've wished for!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Madi · Married on 06/01/2013

I could not say enough wonderful things about Debbie at Events on the Half Shell. Since I choose the "Black Pearl" services, she stepped in around the five-week mark and helped me extensively with tying up all the loose ends, as well as provided exceptional day-of coordination. Most significantly, she took care of any communication that needed to occur with the vendors, which was the most taxing aspect of the wedding planning process for me. It was such a relief to be able to hand her the contracts and simply text or email her with anything that needed to be done, knowing that I could trust her to make sure it happened. And that's the thing: she WAS trustworthy. Throughout the planning process and on the day-of, Debbie proved herself to be a capable, efficient professional. She was always sweet and positive, and unobtrusively offered suggestions and good, sound advice, always with a smile. During the rehearsal and the wedding itself, she worked tirelessly to make sure that all I had to do was enjoy the day. Thanks to her, I did! I would highly recommend Debbie's services.

Sent on 06/08/2013

Jill · Married on 11/19/2011

Debbie was such a huge help in making sure my wedding went smoothly. She was always one step ahead and thinking of things that I never considered. Best money spent for the entire wedding! I had the best time and neither us or our parents had to worry about a thing!

Sent on 01/17/2012

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2011

Debbie Idol was worth her weight in gold in helping to put on the wedding of our dreams! I was planning the wedding from another state while working full time and going to grad school part time. Debbie very unobtrusively contacted me (as I had signed up for vendor info on some wedding websites), and I am so thankful that she did! I was at the end of my rope with all things wedding planning, and just having someone to give feedback on the remaining details was such a relief in in self.....and then having her take over some tasks lifted so much weight off my shoulders! I'm not great at asking for help or admitting I need help. But Debbie made me feel empowered and relieved by allowing her to help.

Debbie is the essence of a strong southern belle who gets things DONE, and she personally embodies the loveliness of the low country and southern charms. She really took the time to get to know us and honor our wishes for the execution of the ceremony. I don't think I would have been able to fully enjoy the wedding week and day if it wasn't for Debbie and her team. There were no details she overlooked, her responsiveness was fabulous, and her organizational skills are obviously top notch. Her taste is excellent, and she has fabulous relationships with local vendors, who highly recommended her. She took away all of the stress of being in charge and handling all the details, and allowed me to be a glowing bride!

I cannot express enough our gratitude for her help. She truly puts the bride and groom first, and we feel like we have come away with a dear friend and mentor. Debbie is the best!!!!

Sent on 11/05/2011

Christen · Married on 08/07/2011

Ms. Debbie was the perfect wedding planner! She listened to my wants/needs/worries, and graciously offered her opinion on each to help me to make the best decisions! When it game to the big day, she was always smiling, never stressed, and perfectly coordinating everything down to my every last micromanaging wish!!!! I was sooo thankful to have her, as was my mom! She knew everything I had planned and when something did go wrong--aka the wrong flowers for my bouquet arrived, she knew it was what I had wanted, and was right there on top of it while we still had time to fix everything! If you want a sweet, joyous, gonna-get-the-job-done kind of wedding planner, Debbie is the one for you!
    p.s. the money we paid for Debbie's services, we ended up SAVING on other aspects of our wedding thanks to her GREAT advice!!!

Sent on 01/12/2012

Michelle · Married on 07/17/2010

We enjoyed Debbie Idol so much! She helped us plan our wedding for July 2010. She was so sweet, organized, extremely helpful, professional, and fun! We highly recommend using her for any special occasion!
    Michelle & Patrick Rissmiller

Sent on 01/06/2011

Events on the Half Shell's reply:

Michelle was an absolute joy to assist with her destination wedding plans! A charming southern gal with a winning smile and her handsome groom that hails from Boston, MA celebrated their wedding weekend with lowcountry flair!

claudia · Married on 05/22/2010

No details were missed, my wedding was truly magical!

Sent on 01/05/2011

Events on the Half Shell's reply:

What a delight to work with Claudia and Graham to bring their wedding dream into reality! A unique couple blending their cultural backgrounds from Austrailia and the Lowcountry of South Carolina to create a truly one-of-a-kind wedding celebration!

We had a great experience with Debbie. We would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/06/2015

Debbie helped make the last minute frustrations and complications much easier to deal with! She was helpful and professional in making things move smoothly. Overall she did a very good job and we were pleased to have her.

Sent on 02/28/2015

Use this wedding coordinator , she is very excellent!!!!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Kierston · Married on 10/18/2014

Debbie was an excellent day-of coordinator, having a wedding at Atalaya is not possible without her. Everything ran smoothly the day of, and we were able to enjoy our day!

Sent on 04/06/2015
  • Susie and Justin

SUSAN · Married on 12/05/2015

Debbie came to our rescue late in the wedding plans when we realized we needed a day of coordinator. We primarily used her for execution of our plan, but she was so helpful with some of the final details.

Sent on 01/24/2016
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 05/26/2012

I could not have organized my wedding weekend without Debbie Idol and her assistants! Debbie asked all of the nitty gritty questions and made me pay attention to all the details! I would have definitely forgotten so many things without her!

Sent on 06/11/2012