Events by Sorrell Reviews

50 | Francestown, NH

50 Reviews for Events by Sorrell

Elizabeth Berard · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful, stress-free wedding day

We are so happy that we were introduced to Sorrell to support us as a “day-of” planner for our wedding. Living outside the area, Sorrell made the planning as easy as possible for us and was fantastic helping us with all sorts of last minute details including: using her extensive list of contacts to identify a last minute tent for dancing; developing a “day of” schedule of event that she shared with all vendors; providing great insights on seating to maximize guest flow; overseeing the setup of the venue and ceremony; moving all the guests to the right place at the right time; finding us a wonderful musician last minute to provide music for the wedding ceremony; bringing extra baskets to set up for s’mores; and even bringing extra shawls to defend against the cool fall air. Sorrell was so flexible and easy to work with and made our day as minimally stressful as it could have been. Looking back on our wedding day, thanks to Sorrell’s attention to all the details, we can genuinely say that we enjoyed our wedding to the maximum and will think back on it fondly for years to come.

Sent on 04/13/2019

Samantha Harrington · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding planning expert!

Can’t say enough about working with Sorrell for our wedding. Picking a venue that required us to bring in all vendors for the weekend was a bit daunting, so we knew we needed a planner’s help. For us, we wanted someone who was going to have strong relationships with vendors in the area, and know exactly who I needed to hire and what we needed for the day. Sorrell was that and more! I can’t imagine all of the details I would have overlooked if I didn’t have her help and guidance. She did an amazing job helping our wedding come to life, and really emphasized making sure things ran smoothly on the wedding day. I would highly recommend Events by Sorrell for your wedding planning and coordinating! Thank you Sorrell for everything!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Events by Sorrell's reply:

You two are adorable and I can not thank you enough for this sweet review. I loved being a part of your weekend wedding celebration!!!
    XO

Jill Dutra · Married on 09/07/2018

Best wedding decision!

Sorrell is the best thing we could have done for our wedding! She is a pleasure to work with and has a great eye for design and impeccable attention to detail. She made the planning and design process so easy! We even decided to have her help us with day of wedding coordination! As the bride & groom, we were able to ENJOY our wedding morning and afternoon without stressing out about the details because we knew Sorrell had it all taken care of. Sorrell is a must have vendor for all New England weddings!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Events by Sorrell's reply:

Thank you so much Jill!! I wish you and Julio a lifetime of happiness!! Thank you for having me be a part of your special day.

Kelly Casey · Married on 06/30/2018

Best Decision We Made

We worked with Sorrell to plan our wedding back in June of this year. I originally had no idea exactly how to navigate the whole process and I had just been gathering information from various wedding websites. Of all the vendors we hired, the best decision we possibly could have made was to hire Sorrell. She helped us to streamline the process and went above and beyond to make our day absolutely perfect. She didn’t bat an eye when we had to move our ceremony location to a completely new venue with only weeks to spare! I was completely stress free on the day of our wedding, and this was all thanks to Sorrell and her incredibly positive attitude and insane attention to detail. I promise you this will be the best money you spend!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Events by Sorrell's reply:

Thank you Kelly!! I smile every time I think of your wedding - I can't hear "Where is my super suit" and not think of you :-). It sure was a warm day filled with love and laughter and it was an honor to be a part of it. XO

Anne · Married on 10/21/2017

We are an above average busy couple, and we gave Sorrell minimal direction, and she developed us a great wedding! Everything was beautiful. She know the best vendors - you can always trust who she recommends, which was vital to the success of our wedding. I am a relatively selective person, and typically spend a lot of time and effort into picking things out for myself (I read a lot of reviews), and it felt absolutely wonderful that I could just trust Sorrell's choices, and they came out better than expected.
    She was flexible, and always reached out to me when necessary. I didn't feel like I had to be on top of her to figure things out. She reads to what each couple needs, and was accommodating to our style of wedding planning.
    You can't go wrong with Sorrell.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Thank you Anne!

Stephanie · Married on 09/23/2017

I can not POSSIBLY say enough about how AMAZING Sorrell was on our wedding day. She was above and beyond through the entire process and I could not have asked for more, on behalf of myself, my husband, and my entire family! Thank you.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Events by Sorrell's reply:

I just LOVED being a part of your wedding weekend. I wish you all the happiness in the world. XO

Diana · Married on 05/27/2017

Sorrell's amazing creativity coupled with her boundless energy and ability to juggle and manage so many details Were incredibly impressive .

She handles everything with such grace under pressure, it was a true pleasure working with her !

Sent on 12/15/2016

Deborah · Married on 04/22/2017

Sorrell is simply outstanding!

We live in Washington State and needed to coordinate a wedding in NH. After interviewing several planners by phone it was clear Sorrell was the most pleasant, hospitable and knowledgeable. Shortly afterward we flew to meet Sorrell and decide on a venue, vendors etc. Sorrell met all our expectations and more. She is amazingly creative and after understanding our desires and style suggested numerous ideas to personalize the wedding to the tastes of the bride and groom. She has a plethora of excellent vendors from which to choose for music, photography, videography, hairstylist, etc and coordinated with each as to our wishes and when to arrive on the wedding day. Prior to the wedding, Sorrell communicated with us frequently and always kept us up to date. In addition she provided itemized bills for ongoing expenses and expected final amounts. She also solved all the small and large issues that pop up planning an event like this, something we simply could not have done without her.

When we arrived several days before the wedding, Sorrell met with us and gave us a complete run down of how the plan was going and how the days leading up to and including the wedding would unfold. It was such a reassuring feeling to know she had everything under control. And when, less than 24 hours before the wedding our daughter considered adding an outdoor ceremony to the indoor one, Sorrell was amazing. She not only took it in stride but had excellent suggestions on how to make it special. We eventually did not take that course but it showed us just how resourceful and versatile Sorrell is.

We could go on in detail but this comment space is limited, and our thoughts would be the same. The wedding, reception and vendors were excellent. Sorrell seemed to be everywhere on the wedding day and her thoroughness and energy ensured we completely enjoyed the wedding without a concern.

We highly recommend Events by Sorrell for any occasion!

Sent on 04/30/2017

Events by Sorrell's reply:

Thank you for the thoughtful and kind review. I smile thinking back on the day, what fun!!!

Jennifer · Married on 03/11/2017

My #1 goal as mother-of-the-bride was to enjoy the wedding day with my daughter stress-free! Sorrell made this happen, handling all details better than I could so that I did not have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. Hiring Sorrell was worth every penny! She will make sure your event is what you envisioned and more! I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Events by Sorrell's reply:

Thank you Jen! It was a joy to be a part of the celebration
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 01/07/2017

Amazing!!!! A Total MUST!

Sorrell is truly wonderful. She fits in seamlessly to the planning and day of the big day. She's organized, friendly and feels like family. We're so glad we used her and should be considered by any and all couples!! She's got a variety of options and pricing to fit everyone's needs!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Events by Sorrell's reply:

Thank you Caitlin!!! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding celebration a few weeks ago! Please keep in touch as life moves forward....Lots of love to you and Rory as well as to Brittany and your mom :-) XO

Jerise · Married on 12/08/2016

Sorrell is amazing--wonderful to work with, everything done on time and beautifully, good sense of humor and great people skills, terrific on all details and always quick to respond! I had a great time working with him and would jump at the chance to do so again!! **Note: I was working with Sorrell as a co-contributor, not as a customer**

Sent on 12/08/2016

Harris · Married on 12/07/2016

Sorrell was amazing! She thought of every detail and was very flexible with changes. I would HIGHLY recommend Sorrel for any type of event. She is fantastic with flower, and whipped up an amazing display of flowers on just a moments notice.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Events by Sorrell's reply:

Thank you for the review!

Kate · Married on 12/03/2016

Having a wedding planner to help with your wedding is the best thing you can do to eliminate stress. Sorrell is an amazingly detailed planner! She thinks of every little detail and takes care of it so you don't have to! She is laid back and fun to work with and has a great sense of style. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Amy · Married on 11/12/2016

Have an initial consultation with Sorrell, we knew instantly we wanted to work with her. Events by Sorrell is a fantastic company. Sorrell is easy to work with, thorough and thinks of every little (and big!) detail related to an event. We gave her a very short deadline for our wedding and she made things easy for us. She identified trusted caterers and other vendors including a DJ, tent rental company, florist and photographer. She made detailed to-do lists and kept us on task as we got closer to the day. She provided great suggestions for us to consider including decorations and other details, such as developing a master task list (for the event day) and task delegation. I think most importantly, she listened to what we wanted and made suggestions accordingly that were felt in the tone of the day. She also took care of the table/tent/ceremony décor the morning of our wedding, which was a huge help. We highly recommend Sorrell, and can honestly say she made a big difference. Consequently, we were able to relax and enjoy our own wedding because every last detail had been taken care of by her!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Heather · Married on 10/22/2016

Sorrell was amazing! She went above and beyond for my wedding. She decorated my venue to perfection and it was more than I could ever have imagined. She will definitely take your visions and make them a reality. I couldn't say enough good things about her. Myself, husband and bridal party all loved her and we would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2016

Sorrel was amazing to work with! As a photographer, she made my job a breeze! Thank you Sorrell, and hope to work with you in the future!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Phoebe · Married on 10/08/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Sorrell and her amazing work. My husband and I were planning our wedding remotely and we could not have done it without her. We got married at a private residence so every detail needed to be planned from the ground up. From our first meeting over the phone I knew I had made the right choice. She helped me to find the vendors that were a perfect fit and made herself available to meet on our tight schedule while we were in New Hampshire. She was very conscious of our budget and kept that in mind while making suggestions on vendors, gift bag items, favors, etc. She also helped coordinate our actual ceremony timeline and rehearsal as our wedding was the first our officiant had ever done and we were in need of help on those details. Looking back at the wedding pictures I am seeing even more details that she arranged that I didn’t notice on the day of in all of the hustle and bustle. My husband and I received so many compliments on our wedding and we owe a large part of that to Sorrell. I highly recommend her! She is very detail oriented and so very easy and fun to work with.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Events by Sorrell's reply:

It was such a pleasure to be part of your wedding preparations and celebration! Lots of happy memories made that day - lots of smiles and plenty of laughter. I wish you continued shared joy as the days, weeks, months and years pass.

Jamie · Married on 10/01/2016

Sorrell was absolutely amazing, from start to finish! She communicated with me via email, text, and phone, and ALWAYS made herself available to me. She also worked directly with my parents (who are not easy!) in addition to our work together. She was incredibly thorough and covered all of the bases- big and small. She made my vision come to life, while always filling me in on her progress along the way. She is sweet and funny and so creative! She is worth every penny, and we simply could not have pulled off our wedding without her. I would recommend her to my closest friends or family looking for a wedding planner. 5 stars all around!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Events by Sorrell's reply:

Oh My Jamie, so sweet of you to write this....It does help future clients know a bit more about me and how I work. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write this. The worst thing about my job is losing the constant connection after the event is over - please stay in touch! It was a joy to be a part of your wedding.

Carrie · Married on 09/24/2016

Sorrell helped us with our wedding in Sugar Hill, NH on 9/24/16 and I cannot recommend her highly enough with this review. This woman will go above and beyond for you!

We used a town building for our wedding, not a "real venue"... town buildings do not come with "wedding coordinators" - which is why I first decided to reach out to Sorrell. Reflecting on our day a week later, Sorrell was one of the best uses of our budget (probably the best use!). We hired her for "day of" management only, so I tried not to overuse her for questions before the wedding. That said, she was more than happy to answer any inquiries I had during my own planning (who do I tip, how much, is xyz important or can I skip it, etc...). We met up with her before our event so she could understand my vision for the day as well as the space we were using. She was very perceptive to my tastes and seemed to understand me immediately.

Here are just a few things she did for us: helped me put together and manage my "day of timeline" which kept the whole day running smoothly, got people where they needed to be for photos, brought added decor to dress up areas we had missed in our venue (she has an amazing ability to transform ugly things!), helped our families feel at ease, fixed tux buttons that fell off during photos, texted with me with updates during the morning confirming things were ready/completed, welcomed our vendors to get them where they needed to set up, made our accidentally destroyed cake presentable, helped the men get ready (they need help!).

This list goes on, if you're looking to feel more at ease on your day, and to know things are taken care of, I very highly recommend reaching out to Sorrell. We are so grateful to have had her support on our wedding day, thank you, Sorrell!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Peter · Married on 09/24/2016

Five stars are not enough! Hire this lady quickly before she is already booked on your day.

Sent on 10/01/2016
  • F

Fred · Married on 09/17/2016

I can't speak highly enough about Sorrell. She is professional. VERY detail oriented which is the key for successful wedding planning. Sorrell works extremely well with other vendors coordinating timing and details to make for a seamless wedding day. She is excellent with handling the wedding party and guests keeping everything on track and super friendly. If you need a great planner for a great wedding, Sorrell is your lady.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Aliina · Married on 08/27/2016

I didn't know how helpful a wedding planner or day-of-coordinator could be until I met Sorrell. Sorrell was worth every penny. I planned a New Hampshire wedding from Colorado and I hired Sorrell to be my day-of-coordinator. She far exceeded my expectations. Sorrell provided vendor recommendations, decoration ideas, and event timeline suggestions leading up to the event, and handled every detail on my wedding day. I can honestly say that I enjoyed my wedding because I didn't have to deal with all the little 'issues' that come up during a wedding. Sorrell took care of the minor hiccups with such grace that neither me nor my guests noticed. Thank you Sorrell for helping me create a fun, beautiful and memorable wedding!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Events by Sorrell's reply:

Thank you Aliina for the review! It was such a joy to be a part of your wedding day. I wish you both a long and happy life together!

Ryan · Married on 08/27/2016

Sorrell did a fantastic job. She solved all problems on our wedding day with little or no input from us. This meant we could enjoy the day more. Her service was invaluable and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Events by Sorrell's reply:

Ryan, it was a joy to be part of your special celebration! Happy "Happily Ever After" - XO

Allison · Married on 08/20/2016

Sorrell was a life saver!!! We got married in Peterborough on the most beautiful day, this August, and pulled it off only with her help. We live in CT so it was challenging to try to plan anything not knowing vendors or having personal reviews. She got us in touch with awesome people and everything was a dream come true.
    MANY THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Events by Sorrell's reply:

It was a pleasure to be a part of the day! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness

Sierra · Married on 08/14/2016

Sorrell was absolutely incredible to work with! We hired her for our day of coordinator and we couldn't be any happier to have had her a part of our special day! She took all of our ideas and made them a reality! Everything was beyond perfect!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Events by Sorrell's reply:

Thank you for the review Sierra!