Events by Emily Reviews

Events by Emily 7
  • Juliann

Juliann Ferguson · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Easy Peazy

Emily has made our planning easy and simple thus far. She has a great connection with vendors and that is helpful when meeting them for the first time.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Marisol

Marisol · Married on 09/29/2019

Amazing Coordinator

Emily Bennett was an amazing wedding coordinator. She made sure every detail was perfect to what I was looking for. She had the whole event on target and on time. Everything was so beautiful and loved everything they did to make my day special.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Den

Den Ta · Married on 06/15/2019

Awesome Team!

Where do I start? I'm so glad I chose Emily and her team to coordinate my wedding day. They were nice, hardworking, fun, and especially patient--I had so many questions and requests but they were able to execute what I wanted. They were professional and on point with everything. I was happy with the details they put in, the timeline, and the outcome of it all. The team consisted of Emily, Amanda, Candace and Kylie--super sweet and helpful gals. Amanda was awesome in the sense that she was with us when we were taking family photos and made sure everything was in order. Although there were so many vendors suggested by Nixon, I decided to go with Events by Emily when a friend recommended her to me. Even though my wedding had its own Vietnamese customs and vendors, Emily was able to cooperate and communicate with them without any problems. This was a major plus because that showed she had versatility in who she's able to work with. In the end, everything turned out beautiful and the way I wanted. I was very happy with her and her team.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Lisa · Married on 06/01/2019

Emily is the best!

Emily is quite simply, the best. We met her at a wedding show held at our venue, Coyote Hills Golf Course. She was so friendly and personable from the start and had a ton of experience coordinating weddings at our venue that it was one of the easier decisions to hire her as our wedding coordinator. And it turned out to be the one of the BEST decisions we made! Starting with our meeting about one month out from the wedding, Emily was so on top of everything. She helped us create a timeline for our wedding day and contacted/stayed in contact with all of our vendors to ensure that everyone was on the same page. She ran our wedding rehearsal the day before, collected all of our decor items and favors that night, set everything up perfectly at the wedding, and packed it all up nicely for us to take home after the wedding. She is incredibly organized, thorough, dedicated, and experienced - and she does her job with a big smile! I do have a tendency to worry about things but never at any point did I worry that she would disappoint because she had given us so much reason not to. Our wedding was one of the best days of our lives and a big part of that was thanks to Emily!

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Belinda

Belinda George · Married on 05/04/2019

We all need her at our wedding. You just don't know it yet.

After interviewing and speaking to 4 coordinators, we weren't set on a coordinator until we discovered Emily through YELP. We loved the packages and prices she had to offer, we loved speaking to her over the phone, and we signed with her because she felt like someone that we can trust. We did the day of coordinating option, and leading up to the day of the wedding, Emily was very helpful with recommending vendors and was very quick in responding to emails. Our bridal party and family members met Emily on Rehearsal day and everyone was asking me who she was. Like, hellooooooo, she's our coordinator (hair flip). Everyone lOVEEEEED her. Emily and her team came THROUGH for our wedding. I'm no expert in wedding coordinating, but I felt like coordinating a wedding like ours would be a pain in the butt. Our wedding was set on the beach in Salt Creek Beach, and we basically built a venue from the ground up. We had a ton of vendors that they had to deal with BUT our beach wedding was no match for team Emily. Everything went smoothly in my eyes, and the day was PERRFECT thanks to Emily and her team. The only problem we had leading up to the wedding was with a florist that couldn't create our arch vision and deliver the flowers. Thankfully, Emily had a solution for us, and got us another Florist that was willing to help... LAST MINUTEEE! We almost didn't hire a coordinator but looking back we are SOO glad we did. Events by Emily was by far the best investment we made for our wedding.

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Eastman · Married on 04/20/2019

Events by emily is amazing!

Where to even begin! :)
    I met Emily and her team through my sister in law. She had used Emily as her wedding coordinator and said I HAD TO HIRE EMILY.
    I thought I was a pretty organized and creative person, but Emily was above and beyond organized and amazing! She made everything I hoped and dreamed for my wedding more than I could ever ask for! She took every little bit of information I gave her and created a magical wedding day! She thought of the things I forgot, and added her own twist on decor, placements for things that I was unsure about. We had an initial meeting and then a couple meetings right before the wedding to finish up our custom timeline, and all the information about every vendor.
    Emily then took over everything for me! She contacted each vendor and gave them contact info and the timeline. She made sure everyone knew when to be at the venue, and what my vision was. :)
    She is truly one of the most genuine and selfless people I know. She puts her heart into her work and makes sure your vision of your wedding is exactly what you hoped for if not better. :)
    Along with Emily being amazing her two assistants that came with her were phenomenal as well! I had Amanda and Kumary and they both were on top of everything! Amanda was awesome at making sure guests didn’t see us before the wedding during our “first look”. They took care of moving gifts and decorations to our cars after the wedding (all the little stuff you don’t think about when you’re saying bye to all your guests).
    Overall I couldn’t be more pleased and happy with how Events by Emily worked for my wedding!!! She has become my families event coordinator and a family friend!
    If I could leave more than 5 stars I would! Emily is an amazing person. She’s personable, respectful, hard working and professional.
    Thank you all so much for an unforgettable wedding day! Love you all!

Sent on 07/15/2019
    Events by Emily 20
    Events by Emily 21

Alona Leiva · Married on 03/30/2019

Excellent service by Emily

Very happy with her services, everything turn out perfect, Emily always respond very quick and pays atantion on every little detail you want in your wedding. Will recommend to my friends ♥️

Sent on 04/02/2019
    Events by Emily 22
    Events by Emily 23

Elvia Lopez · Married on 03/24/2019

No regrets!

Everybody on my wedding court loved Emily and her team, including me. She was so helpful as we planned from South America, and managed to work around all my travels. I only needed to talk to her once to know she was well-experienced and could get the job done well and, importantly, with the kind of positive energy you want surrounding your special day.

From planning to day-of, I was very satisfied with my decision to work with Emily. She was also helpful as I considered additional vendors, and I was happy with the recommendations. It was especially great to have two bilingual assistants on the day of. Kumari was lovely and helped with so many things from carrying my train and veil to keeping me cool as I started with the feels.

I only needed to talk to Emily as I searched for the right coordinator, and I have no regrets!

Sent on 04/06/2019
  • Carter

Carter Malouf · Married on 03/02/2019

Best Decision!

Emily and her team are amazing, she did such a great job and I couldn't be happier. Because of her and her wonderful team my husband and I got to enjoy and actually experience our wedding instead of running it. She even took care of moving the ceremony indoors as it rained on our day.

From the consultation to mid appointments at the venue and day of Emily handled it all. What really stood out to me is that she took care of contacting our vendors for everything day of, a few weeks out. This took loads off of us and allowed us to spend more time with our families, several of whom flew from out of town. As I mentioned it rained on our wedding day and Emily stayed calm the entire time while also being clear when we needed to make decisions. Not once did she lose her cool which really helped us stay calm. I can't say enough good things about how professional she and her whole team are. Do yourself a favor and hire her! It was certainly the best decision we made :)

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Events by Emily 24
    Events by Emily 25
    Events by Emily 26
    Events by Emily 27
    Events by Emily 28

Pam J · Married on 02/02/2019

Emily's Amazing!

Emily helped to make my daughter's wedding one of the best I've ever attended -- no joke! We received so many compliments from our guests that it was one of the best and most fun weddings they've ever been to! Emily made it run smooth as silk and her personality is delightful! Thanks Emily!!

Sent on 02/02/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Grey · Married on 12/29/2018

Friendly, efficient, amazing!!

Emily is the hardest working person I have ever met! She was vigilant about making our wedding day perfect. Not only did she foresee details I would have never imagined on my own, she solved problems before they ever happened! She ensured all of our vendors were on the same page with our vision, and stopped at nothing to make our dreams come true. While watching our wedding video, I saw how hard she truly worked behind the scenes. When she is in the moment you can't even tell how much she is balancing, but when you look back, you will understand everything she did for you! I would hire her for another event in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/01/2019
    Events by Emily 29

Mari M · Married on 11/25/2018

Amazing and easy to work with

Having Emily as our day-of wedding coordinator was one of the best decisions we made with regard to our wedding. We were planning for a relatively small wedding (60 guests) and so initially when we were selecting our various vendors we never even considered hiring a wedding coordinator. A few months into planning, we realized that there were so many small details that go into a wedding day and we really wanted to enjoy the day and be as stress free as possible. I began looking into hiring a day-of coordinator and came across Events by Emily. She was so quick to respond and her price was very reasonable compared to others. When we met her she was so friendly and explained how the process would work and offered to always be available via text or email. The month before the wedding she took over communicating with the vendors and created a thorough wedding timeline, which was such a huge help. She made sure that everything was exactly the way we wanted it on our wedding day and made it so that we were able to just enjoy the day without worrying about any of the details. We even had several friends comment about how it was the first time they had been to a wedding that was actually running on time. I would definitely recommend Emily to any couple considering a wedding planner or a day-of coordinator!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Mary

Mary P · Married on 11/04/2018

Emily is the best

My daughter and son-in-law got married in November and Emily and her crew were the backbone of the entire wedding day! I'm so happy I found Emily, she is a real pro. She was so knowledgable about every single aspect of the wedding. We found all of our vendors on our own, but as soon as we hired Emily she started communicating with all of them and making sure every one of them had all of the correct details for the event. Meeting with her to plan the day was so essential. She has a wealth of knowledge and is very detail-oriented. She is so Top Notch at every aspect of wedding planning. Her team worked so hard on the wedding day to make sure the the day was perfect... and it was! I would not hesitate to recommend Emily to anyone and everyone, especially any Mother-of-the-Bride who wants a worry-free day! Thank you, Emily! You are truly THE BEST!

Sent on 12/22/2018
    Events by Emily 30

Rachel L. · Married on 10/28/2018

Event Coordinator Extraordinaire!!!

I’m one of those organized, Type A people who thinks they can do everything themselves. Fortunately, relatives and friends convinced me that it was necessary to hire a day-of coordinator for my wedding. This was THE BEST decision we made throughout the entire planning process – and I can honestly say that Emily and her assistants (we had Amanda and Kylie on our wedding day) are THE BEST in the business. All of them were professional and exceptionally good at their jobs. I never had to worry about the flow of the day, whether people were having a good time, or if there was a problem with anything at all. One thing a lot of friends told me about their own weddings is that they barely got to eat their dinner – Emily made sure we got to eat our meal and cake! From the moment we hired Emily, I knew we were in good hands, so I felt confident that I could devote 100% of my energy and focus to enjoying the day itself. Like everyone says, your wedding day goes by super fast, so the more you can be present in the moment and not worrying about the details, the better. Earlier in my planning, Emily also helped out by recommending a top-notch florist when I couldn’t find one that would provide what I wanted in my budget. Even though Emily wasn’t planning my wedding from the start, she was always so responsive to my questions. Honestly, if I had to do it over again, I probably would have hired Emily from the very beginning and had her plan the whole thing, because she’s that amazing! I am so glad we hired Events by Emily for our big day – thank you, Emily, Amanda, and Kylie for making it the best day of our lives!!!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Lena · Married on 09/22/2018

Sweet and friendly! Great experience!

I hired Emily and her crew to decorate for my wedding. They did an amazing job setting up and taking down everything. They were so nice and friendly. Very professional. I would recommend them for your next big event!! They made my dream wedding come to life!

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • Roman

Roman · Married on 09/15/2018

Best decision in our wedding was hiring Emily!

We we're originally going to hire Emily for her setup and breakdown service, but we decided to hire her for her full coordination service. Hiring her was the best decision we made. She made our meetings with other vendors go so much smoother and quicker and pointed out a lot of details of setting up our wedding that we would not have even thought of. She made it to where all we had to worry about was just to show up and enjoy our wedding. Emily and her crew took care of all the small little details on the day of the wedding allowing us to just enjoy our day and our guests.

Sent on 12/25/2018
    Events by Emily 40
    Events by Emily 41
    Events by Emily 42

Michael · Married on 09/08/2018

Emily was our wedding MVP!!! We had fun nicknaming her the bulldog because she flat out gets Sh*t done!

When you think of a quality that would make for a great wedding planner, she not only has it... but has mastered it!

Her response time is scary impressive, and she by far exceeded our expectations more than any other party involved in our wedding.

She is also a tremendous value as she happily goes above and beyond her responsibilities and her rates are well bellow other planner we interviewed!

Start your wedding journey off with a great choice, hire the bulldog and watch her go!!!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Janiece · Married on 09/01/2018

I can’t say enough about how amazing Emily was and how much she did to make our day perfect! From the beginning of planning, she gently reminded me and made suggestions about things I hadn’t even thought about. She walked with me every step of the way, walked us through any decisions, and was always willing to talk it over when I called panicking about something. She made all of our timelines, contacted our vendors, and coordinated their arrival and setup. We had a more DIY wedding and it’s safe to say it would have fallen apart without Emily at the helm! I initially thought we didn’t really *need* a wedding planner/coordinator, but I quickly saw that having the wedding I wanted was impossible for me to do on my own. Emily’s professionalism, helpfulness, enthusiasm, encouragement, and organization were invaluable! If you’re on the fence, let me tell you that you NEED a coordinator, and you NEED Emily. She treated our wedding as if it was the most important thing on her schedule and was super responsive. With my now husband and I both working a full-time job, it was such a relief to hand over managing, calling, and coordinating with vendors to her and have full confidence that she would take care of everything and keep us looped in. I really can’t say enough good about her. Hire her! She is amazing and you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Karina · Married on 07/21/2018

When I was first planning a wedding, I was really apprehensive about getting a day of wedding coordinator. I wanted one, but I didn’t know I needed one or if it was in my budget. Through my planning process, I realized I really did need a coordinator and it was one of the best decisions I made, but the best decision I made was choosing Emily as my day of coordinator.
    Emily is friendly, professional, lively, calm, and organized! She was also so quick to response whenever I had a question, which was awesome! She was very knowledgeable about the wedding industry and helped my day of planning go smoothly through a crazy detailed timeline!
    My wedding was truly stress free, and it was stress free for my family as well. I had elaborate DIY centerpieces that the venue would not set up or tear down, so Emily and her two assistants set up and tore down everything! We didn’t have to worry about anything, which was one of my main concerns. Emily also did an amazing job taking care of our vendors by ensuring they were on time and directing them where they needed to be.
    Emily is truly the best! If you are on the fence about getting a coordinator, I highly suggest getting one, and I highly recommend working with Emily!!!!!!!! She is the perfect person for the job!!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Randi

Randi · Married on 06/23/2018

Emily and her team are awesome! I was not the girl that had her dream wedding all planned out so I knew I was going to need some help. I booked most of the major vendors on my own but wanted someone that would help me pull all the details together and that is where Emily came in. She was already booked on my date but said her lead coordinator, Amanda, was available. She assured me I would still get the Events by Emily service by working with her leading up to the wedding and Amanda would take over a few days before the wedding and be there on the actual day. Emily was amazing to work with! She was so organized and on top of everything. She was super responsive anytime I had a question or needed her advice. She helped me handle issues I was having with a difficult vendor and reassured me things would work out. She also referred me to a couple of fantastic vendors that helped make our wedding even better.

Amanda was at our rehearsal to ensure everyone knew where to be and what to do. On the day we had Amanda and 3 assistant. Our ceremony was at a different location than our reception so we had help at each location. The team made sure everything was setup perfectly. I was so relaxed on my wedding day because I knew Emily and her team were prepared and had everything handled. I knew having a day of coordinator would be helpful but I honestly cannot imagine how the day would have happened without them.

Emily is amazing at what she does. She really has a passion for weddings and it shows. Our wedding would not have been as awesome as it was without Emily. I am a little sad the wedding is over and I don't get to work with her anymore. Do yourself a favor and hire Events by Emily, I promise you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Z

Zelina Gore · Married on 05/19/2018

Stress Free Wedding Day!

I met Emily when she coordinated a wedding at the venue I work at. After working on our client's wedding together, I knew I would hire her for my Big Day.

I got married May 19, 2018 at Coyote Hills Golf Course. Emily was one of the first vendors I hired once we set our date. Being an event planner, I wanted to do most of the details with vendors leading up to the wedding, however, I knew with Emily by my side the day of, we would have a stress free wedding day. The month leading up to the wedding I started looping her in with some of the other vendors, and she had already started reaching out on my behalf! It was awesome to just start looking forward to the big day, rather than worrying about the little details leading up to it.

Emily took all of our little decor items the day of our rehearsal and set everything up exactly as I had envisioned it! The day of went so smoothly with her team keeping everything on time and organized. Because of their experience and attention to detail, we thoroughly enjoyed the day with our friends and family. She helped make all of my wedding day dreams come true. Thank you again Emily!! XOXO

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Events by Emily 47
    Events by Emily 48
    Events by Emily 49

Mayra · Married on 04/21/2018

The gift that keeps on giving

Emily was a gift from my uncle who had hired her for his wedding just 2 years ago, but she seriously is a gift from above to any bride and groom that is lucky enough to have her take the wheel. My wife and I at the time of our engagement were like most engaged couples planning a wedding, we had no idea to what we wanted! (This is the part where Emily comes in with her cape to save the day!) My uncle had told her a little bit about us prior to us meeting My family is Cuban, and my wife is Mexican so we knew we both wanted our cultures to have a part in it. and when she showed up to the door she had brochures from various types of venues from all over LA and Orange County areas. What impressed me the most about Emily was that it took very little effort to find out what are dream venue was. We literally only visited 3 places. 2 Golf Courses, and the venue that would soon become the setting to one the most memorable nights in our lives. The Reef Restaurant in Long Beach (sigh)... Mayra and I had always dreamed of a water front wedding venue, but never thought in a million years it was going to be within our budget range. We had to make a few adjustments to make it happen, but Emily was there next to us helping to make every decision, offering all of the pro's and con's, and knowing when to tell us to not make a fast decision, but to sleep on it instead. Emily was never pushy, never was on a time crunch even though she was planning and coordinating other weddings at the time. To make a long story short, Emily had already impressed us- but when the actual day of the wedding came, our jaws dropped on the floor with the incredible, and I mean INCREDIBLE job Emily and her team did to make our venue look exactly how it did in our dreams. Every thing was perfect, and for a bride and groom on their wedding day thats the best gift we could have asked for, every little detail was met and it did not go unnoticed. The fact that we did not have to worry about paying vendors, or our entertainers, knowing that Emily handled that already gave such a sense of relief. I know what Emily does is what planners and day of coordinators are supposed to do, but my wife and I strongly believe that Emily is without a doubt the best at what she does. Her response time is lightning fast. Her attention to detail with the mexican candy table and cigar roller set up is a talent in itself, her pro-activeness made everything such a smooth experience, but her resources and great relationships with vendors she has nurtured over her career is what makes her stand out as real triple threat.

I can't say enough about how lucky and blessed we were to have her be our planner and coordinator. My wife and I were just floored on how impressive she was. I don't think our wedding day could have been any more memorable thanks to her and her team. Thank you Emily for being there for us, and mediating the fun little debates my wife and I had back then like Chivari Chairs or Ugly titanic looking banquet hall chairs. (The last debate I will win as a single man) lol

I also want to say thank you for your very thoughtful card and bottle of champagne that you left for the hotel staff to put in our room. These are just a few of the MANY reasons we were so lucky to have you.

Everybody, I have 2 words for you.... HIRE EMILY.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Vincent · Married on 03/31/2018

In our time working with Emily to plan our wedding, she was nothing but professional and courteous. Her thorough understanding and years of experience in the wedding industry was on full-display throughout the process and she went above and beyond to help us make informed planning decisions.

Unfortunately, due to some unanticipated circumstances, we were not able to have Emily finish the planning process. However, we were nothing but impressed and grateful for everything that she did for us. If things could have worked out logistically, we absolutely would have loved for Emily to plan our wedding. She is a joy to work with.

We can't recommend her enough to anyone looking for a wedding planner/coordinator!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Ken · Married on 01/06/2018

We met Emily at the ExpoBridal show in January 2017 in Anaheim and our first impressions were that she was warm, friendly, and professional.

We had our share of stressful moments on the month of our wedding. We had one issue with a vendor double-booking our wedding date. Emily helped us with quickly finding a last-minute replacement who ended up doing amazing work! It saved us a lot of unnecessary stress. No matter what, Emily always had a level head and she gave practical feedback that helped us make clear decisions. She took control of coordinating the timelines with our vendors and she made it possible for us to enjoy our wedding without having to worry about the details of our event. She also provided helpful recommendations for some vendors that would be great to work with.

Another outstanding characteristic about Emily is that she was great with open communication. Even if we were not looking for a quick response, during the month of the wedding, she often responded to emails or texts quickly. And when it came to communicating with vendors, she was also on top of everything. She knew exactly what we wanted and she handled things and advocated for us in the way we would have wanted for it to be done. It was always evident that she absolutely cared about our event and all the details and logistics for our event. And that was so meaningful to us.

All of our vendors confirmed that she was an absolute joy to work with. They appreciated her kindness, her attentiveness, and her attention to detail. My family even complimented how helpful and pleasant it was to have Emily and her team to run the show. Emily and her two assistants made sure all our needs were taken care of for our wedding. They did a wonderful job with managing our vendor team, with assisting with the setup of key décor, and with making sure we were able to enjoy our moment.

We highly recommend Emily and her team to you! She was our favorite person to work with!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Events by Emily 50
    Events by Emily 51
    Events by Emily 52
    Events by Emily 53

Rachel · Married on 11/12/2017

Emily was recommended to us by our venue El Dorado Park Golf Coarse. I cannot say enough about her! Emily is so sweet and incredibly good at what she does. She is super organized and so professional. Emily helped us figure out some things that we were unsure about. She gave us a lot of advice about what works and what doesn't when it comes to wedding ceremony. She has definitely learned a lot from past experiences and was able to pass on the wisdom to us! Emily and her assistant, Ashley, set up all of the decor for the ceremony and reception so beautifully. Everything was exactly as I wanted it and the setup was even prettier than I had imagined. My wedding day was the best day ever and I truly believe that Emily had a huge role in making it that way!

Sent on 07/19/2018