Events by Emily Reviews

37 | Huntington Beach, CA

37 Reviews for Events by Emily

37 Events by Emily Reviews

Lena · Married on 09/22/2018

Sweet and friendly! Great experience!

I hired Emily and her crew to decorate for my wedding. They did an amazing job setting up and taking down everything. They were so nice and friendly. Very professional. I would recommend them for your next big event!! They made my dream wedding come to life!

Michael · Married on 09/08/2018

Emily was our wedding MVP!!! We had fun nicknaming her the bulldog because she flat out gets Sh*t done!

When you think of a quality that would make for a great wedding planner, she not only has it... but has mastered it!

Her response time is scary impressive, and she by far exceeded our expectations more than any other party involved in our wedding.

She is also a tremendous value as she happily goes above and beyond her responsibilities and her rates are well bellow other planner we interviewed!

Start your wedding journey off with a great choice, hire the bulldog and watch her go!!!!!

Janiece · Married on 09/01/2018

I can’t say enough about how amazing Emily was and how much she did to make our day perfect! From the beginning of planning, she gently reminded me and made suggestions about things I hadn’t even thought about. She walked with me every step of the way, walked us through any decisions, and was always willing to talk it over when I called panicking about something. She made all of our timelines, contacted our vendors, and coordinated their arrival and setup. We had a more DIY wedding and it’s safe to say it would have fallen apart without Emily at the helm! I initially thought we didn’t really *need* a wedding planner/coordinator, but I quickly saw that having the wedding I wanted was impossible for me to do on my own. Emily’s professionalism, helpfulness, enthusiasm, encouragement, and organization were invaluable! If you’re on the fence, let me tell you that you NEED a coordinator, and you NEED Emily. She treated our wedding as if it was the most important thing on her schedule and was super responsive. With my now husband and I both working a full-time job, it was such a relief to hand over managing, calling, and coordinating with vendors to her and have full confidence that she would take care of everything and keep us looped in. I really can’t say enough good about her. Hire her! She is amazing and you will not regret it!

Karina · Married on 07/21/2018

When I was first planning a wedding, I was really apprehensive about getting a day of wedding coordinator. I wanted one, but I didn’t know I needed one or if it was in my budget. Through my planning process, I realized I really did need a coordinator and it was one of the best decisions I made, but the best decision I made was choosing Emily as my day of coordinator.
    Emily is friendly, professional, lively, calm, and organized! She was also so quick to response whenever I had a question, which was awesome! She was very knowledgeable about the wedding industry and helped my day of planning go smoothly through a crazy detailed timeline!
    My wedding was truly stress free, and it was stress free for my family as well. I had elaborate DIY centerpieces that the venue would not set up or tear down, so Emily and her two assistants set up and tore down everything! We didn’t have to worry about anything, which was one of my main concerns. Emily also did an amazing job taking care of our vendors by ensuring they were on time and directing them where they needed to be.
    Emily is truly the best! If you are on the fence about getting a coordinator, I highly suggest getting one, and I highly recommend working with Emily!!!!!!!! She is the perfect person for the job!!

• Randi

Randi · Married on 06/23/2018

Emily and her team are awesome! I was not the girl that had her dream wedding all planned out so I knew I was going to need some help. I booked most of the major vendors on my own but wanted someone that would help me pull all the details together and that is where Emily came in. She was already booked on my date but said her lead coordinator, Amanda, was available. She assured me I would still get the Events by Emily service by working with her leading up to the wedding and Amanda would take over a few days before the wedding and be there on the actual day. Emily was amazing to work with! She was so organized and on top of everything. She was super responsive anytime I had a question or needed her advice. She helped me handle issues I was having with a difficult vendor and reassured me things would work out. She also referred me to a couple of fantastic vendors that helped make our wedding even better.

Amanda was at our rehearsal to ensure everyone knew where to be and what to do. On the day we had Amanda and 3 assistant. Our ceremony was at a different location than our reception so we had help at each location. The team made sure everything was setup perfectly. I was so relaxed on my wedding day because I knew Emily and her team were prepared and had everything handled. I knew having a day of coordinator would be helpful but I honestly cannot imagine how the day would have happened without them.

Emily is amazing at what she does. She really has a passion for weddings and it shows. Our wedding would not have been as awesome as it was without Emily. I am a little sad the wedding is over and I don't get to work with her anymore. Do yourself a favor and hire Events by Emily, I promise you won't regret it!

Vincent · Married on 03/31/2018

In our time working with Emily to plan our wedding, she was nothing but professional and courteous. Her thorough understanding and years of experience in the wedding industry was on full-display throughout the process and she went above and beyond to help us make informed planning decisions.

Unfortunately, due to some unanticipated circumstances, we were not able to have Emily finish the planning process. However, we were nothing but impressed and grateful for everything that she did for us. If things could have worked out logistically, we absolutely would have loved for Emily to plan our wedding. She is a joy to work with.

We can't recommend her enough to anyone looking for a wedding planner/coordinator!

Rachel · Married on 11/12/2017

Emily was recommended to us by our venue El Dorado Park Golf Coarse. I cannot say enough about her! Emily is so sweet and incredibly good at what she does. She is super organized and so professional. Emily helped us figure out some things that we were unsure about. She gave us a lot of advice about what works and what doesn't when it comes to wedding ceremony. She has definitely learned a lot from past experiences and was able to pass on the wisdom to us! Emily and her assistant, Ashley, set up all of the decor for the ceremony and reception so beautifully. Everything was exactly as I wanted it and the setup was even prettier than I had imagined. My wedding day was the best day ever and I truly believe that Emily had a huge role in making it that way!

Amanda · Married on 11/03/2017

Emily is the best!! From the very first time we spoke Emily was easy to work with, understanding, personable, and very helpful. When we called her we weren’t sure we wanted to spend the money to hire a coordinator. She was completely honest and upfront with the services she offered and answered all our questions. In no way was she pushy or trying to get us to hire her she just wanted us to have the dream wedding we were imagining. After speaking with Emily it was not a hard decision to hire her. From the start we were impressed! She was always professional and organized working with our venue and vendors. It was such a relief knowing she was handling everything for us on our special day. She handled all the tiny details that can be very overwhelming and time consuming leading up to the wedding. Emily was always quick to respond either through email or text! Her assistants were wonderful as well and we received many compliments from our guests. I would highly recommend Emily!!! We are so thankful for her making our wedding and the months leading up to it stress free and fun!!

Julie · Married on 10/20/2017

We hired Emily through a recommendation from a friend. I was trying to be as frugal as possible during the whole process so I was hesitant. But after getting her prompt response with a quote and the list of things she would be able to do for us for that price, it wasn’t hard for a thrifty spender like myself (my wife would call me cheap) to consider hiring Emily. Upon meeting her, we felt she was a good match for our needs and we were impressed with her professionalism and resume. She was charismatic and (here comes the cheap-skate again) her rates were REALLY reasonable for the service she provides. It was an easy decision to hire her.

I’m so glad we did! I kind of felt like we ripped her off! Considering all she handled for us (and had to endure for us) we felt like she gave us more value for our money than we were expecting of her. She was always available for our questions and went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding day was perfect. She was organized, creative, knowledgeable, timely, and did a great job in assisting as a liaison between us and all of our wedding vendors (all of whom she already seemed to know from having worked with them before).

She was so patient and thought of all the details (and then some) and was probably the glue that held our whole incredible day together. I don’t plan on getting married again, but if I did I would definitely hire Emily again. She was incredible. Thank you, Emily.

Events by Emily 5
    Events by Emily 12
    Events by Emily 13
    Events by Emily 14

Ashley · Married on 10/14/2017

Hiring Emily was the ticket to a stress free, organized and BEAUTIFUL wedding. I was referred to Emily by a friend, at first I was thinking I could do this whole production on my own. However after talking with Emily over the phone I was sold. And let me tell you, it was the best investment we made for our wedding. Emily is professional, organized and so much fun. She helped me find vendors that were reliable. The months leading up to the wedding she helped me stay on task. The day of the wedding it was important to me that I could find someone who would be able to catch my vision for the wedding and make it all come together for that big day. Emily exceeded my expectations in every way. The venue looked stunning, I felt carefree when I arrived and knew my guests were in good hands. I know my wedding was as magical as it was thanks to having an incredable plannner!

Events by Emily 15

Elle · Married on 10/07/2017

Emily is wonderful! She is so thorough and helped me through my very DIY wedding! She was always thinking 3 steps ahead - she really knows her stuff! I could not have had a more fantastic experience with the planning or with the wedding day. She was there for me day and night, responding to my Pinterest screenshots and Instagram inspiration, giving me guidance and wisdom! She went with me to vendor appointments and site visits, and she recommended vendors that were fantastic to work with. Emily and her staff take the details of your event personally, always going the extra mile to make sure the day is true to the vision you planned. Emily, you're the best! Thank you, thank you!!!!

Events by Emily 16
  • Yvonne

Yvonne · Married on 09/23/2017

The best thing I did for our wedding was hire Emily as our Day of Coordinator for our wedding on 09/23/17. We met Emily at the OC Bridal Show in January 2016 and knew from the start, she was going to be the woman for the job. We booked her a full year and a half before our own wedding. I’m so glad we booked her because after the grueling experience of meeting with SEVERAL other coordinators who were snobby, rude, and very money hungry, Emily easily stood out among that crowd and is without a doubt, beyond amazing!! Emily is so sweet and bubbly, you forget that she is working for you because she becomes more of a life-long family friend throughout the experience; she truly takes care of all her clients and goes above and beyond any other coordinator we have ever met. She is very easy to talk to and confide in and works diligently to carry out every bride’s vision, which is what every bride wants on her special day.

Not only is Emily exceptionally organized and attentive, she truly made us feel as if we were family and took great care of us. She worked well with all our other vendors and they all gave us great feedback about how awesome and organized Emily is. The timeline Emily created and provided to ensure our day ran smoothly was perfect and it really helped keep everyone in the bridal party and all our vendors on time. Emily is very creative and helpful, she is readily available to assist with any/all wedding and bridal needs. Whether you have guests who are easy to deal with or difficult to deal with, Emily is on top of her game and is there to immediately rectify any situation and put out any fires without interrupting your special day.

She is very genuine and that’s the type of person you want running your show. Thank you Emily so much for making our wedding day beautiful, special and stress free, we seriously could not have had an enjoyable day without you there!

Kathleen · Married on 09/09/2017

Emily was AMAZING! I found her after my first Day of Coordinator had to quit due to personal reasons. I was stressed and literally went on YELP and picked her for a few reasons: first off because my new sister in laws name is Emily and she is a wedding planner, second she lived in Huntington Beach so I knew meeting up with her would be easy, third she was highly rated and super cute. Well turned out to be one of the best decisions ever because she made sure that my wedding and rehearsal dinner ran flawlessly. I love her as a person...she is sweet as can be and knows what she is doing. She brought multiple assistants with her to my wedding and I felt we had so much support the entire day. Her prices are great. After working with her and getting through planning a wedding and pulling it off (with the help of Emily) I realize I probably would have paid her way more....her prices are great and she really is always available and responds so quickly. Any concerns I had she took care of, she worked well with all of my vendors and gave me honest opinions through the whole process. The day of the wedding she stayed calm, never stressed me out and still at the same time was micro-managing the event so it ran on time and everything was executed perfectly. I literally have had so many guests tell me it was one of the best weddings they have been too. I know that without her help it would have been such a stressful day for me. As a bride who planned the majority of her wedding on her own, I always knew from day one that I would need a day of coordinator. If you are even thinking for one second that you can enjoy your wedding day and coordinate the event....you are crazy. Contact Emily and she will make sure that your special day is nothing less than perfect. I can honestly say it was the best day of my life so far. I will always remember how much she helped me and I have already referred her to multiple other people. Thanks Emily : ) James and I can't thank you enough!!!

Jan · Married on 08/20/2017

Planning a wedding can be daunting. The deeper we got into planning and the closer our countdown came, the more we became grateful and appreciative of Emily. She made our special day surpass our expectations. We are so glad Emily was there for us. Her professionalism is exceptional and her optimistic personality made us feel like anything can be done. She was always open to our ideas and welcomed our questions. Emily’s ability to adapt so seamless during high pressure timelines while maintaining a genuine happiness and excitement for the soon to be married couple is beyond anyone could ask for. We are very happy that Emily helped us make our wedding day come together in such a magical and memorable evening. Thank you so much.

DJ Armando · Married on 07/29/2017

I DJ'd a wedding where Emily was the coordinator. She was on top of the agenda and when it came time to make on the fly adjustments she rolled with it. She has a flow about her that makes working with her at ease. Some coordinators have a fake "I'm in control" attitude. With her it's more of a humble "I'll make it happen" calmness. That makes a big difference for me and I'm sure for the couple that someone has their eyes on everything. Highly recommend her

Sarah · Married on 07/01/2017

Upon seeing Emily's work on fb, I sought out information from her regarding possibly planning my wedding in Dallas. I didn't know if this was a possibility considering she's in LA, but without hesitation, Emily took on the task. From the second our discussion was confirmed and plans were in place, Emily went above and beyond to not only ensure my wedding was exactly as I asked, but that we also stayed in budget. She did all the planning remotely, which never ceased to amaze me the whole way through. She was patient with me, as I was a very hands off bride. She was diligent, and at no point in time did she question whether or not my ideas were possible, she just made them happen. She flew into dallas a couple days before the wedding and hit the ground running. If I tell you that every single person said "omg she's so good at this", I wouldn't be lying. She was loving and caring the whole way through, not to mention excited. The wedding was beautiful and an absolute success from beginning to end. There's no way it would have been possible without her. Her love for her career is so transparent. She never cuts corners, and she strives to have every couple enjoy the wedding of their dreams! Thank you Emily for everything! We can never stress how lucky we are to have had you here with us! Thank you for making our day what I always dreamt of!

• Z

Zara · Married on 05/07/2017

Emily was my wedding coordinator and did a great job at my wedding. I am not an easy customer in general but she spent enough time to understand my needs and followed them one by one at the wedding. She helped me to have a stress-free wedding and enjoy my big day. She brought enough assistants and helpers to manage the wedding very well. Also she and her staff stayed not only for the entire event, but also they stayed for couple hours after the wedding to wrap my stuff and deliver to my suite.I highly recommend her. She is the best.

Tanya · Married on 04/22/2017

YOU NEED TO BOOK HER!!! She really was the best money I spent for my wedding. She was incredible and made the whole experience very easy for me. I had planned to go into my venue a day before to set up all my decor. A month before the wedding someone had booked that date so I was not able to do so. The venue (La Mirada) had recommended her to me and thank God they did. She met with me a head of time and worked through all the details of the reception to make sure I had everything the way I wanted. Not only did she set up all the decor as well as manage and take care of all the vendors, she and her team took down and packed everything at the end of the night as well. She is extremely professional and experienced. My whole reception was amazing and she was a major factor in making the day so special.

Nestor · Married on 04/08/2017

I first learned about Events by Emily through our wedding package at El Dorado Golf Course. Our package included a Ceremony only event planner and we had a few to choose from, but it was her website and many positive reviews that made me contact her. We set up an appointment and after meeting her we realized we were in way over our heads! We were going to need her help if we wanted to be able to sit back and enjoy our day. So we decided to hire her as our Day-of Wedding Coordination, and I can honestly say that was the BEST decision we made throughout this crazy wedding planning experience.

Emily was super professional, easy to talk to, and made us feel comfortable. We knew she was going to be there to help us, but she really went above and beyond for us by keeping us on track with "homework," constant emailing, and texting which I really appreciated. She also did an amazing job with our wedding day timeline! It was so detailed. We could tell she put a lot of work into making it. There wasn't a single stressful moment on our special day and that would not have been possible without her.

If you are on the fence about hiring Emily for your big day, I suggest you set up an appointment with her and you will be convinced. We will be forever grateful for the amazing job that she did and I wish Events by Emily only the best and lots of success in the future.

Jess & Ness.

Sergio · Married on 11/12/2016

Emily’s professional services were invaluable to the success of our wedding. Her organizational skills are remarkable and she took control of a particularly complicated wedding time line that went ever so smoothly. Most important – Emily listens. She takes in all thoughts, ideas and information and comes up with excellent results with wonderful follow-up on all the details. She has extensive knowledge on vendors and works incredibly well with them. There’s so much less stress working with Emily. She’s dependable, professional and someone you can rely on and feel confident with.
    Let me save you hours of searching for the right Wedding Planner (btw which I did do) and HIRE HER! You may ask for my email address if you want further information.
    Lastly, we appreciated her services so much so that we acknowledged her with special thanks in our printed Wedding Program; “… to our extraordinaire Wedding Planner.”

Andrea · Married on 09/11/2016

Professional. Thoughtful. Patient. Assertive. Great listener. Upbeat. Positive. Flexible. My Sanity. Receptive to critiques. Easy to work with.
    =>These are some of the words and phrases that come to mind when I think of my experience with Emily.
    SUMMARY
    We hired Emily for Day-Of Coordination services. But we got more than what we paid for - this is a positive. We got to work with her for over two months prior to the event. She attended one of our site visits a month prior to the event, the Rehearsal the day before the event, brought an Assistant for our event, and even housed some of our decorations during the Rehearsal.

Emily is a true professional and delight to work with. She is an asset to any event with her combination of organizational skills, positive and observant attitude, and quick troubleshooting mind.

THE EVENT: Sept 2016 Wedding. 125 guests. Location: Cherry Valley, CA. Venue: Highland Springs Resort (90 miles outside of LA - so consider that when I mention her attending site visits)

FIRST IMPRESSSIONS: Great.
    WORKING WITH EMILY: Great
    ANOTHER THING: A friend of mine who was getting married in October (2016) was experiencing issues with his Coordinator (who was very unresponsive and did not at all listen to his clients about their needs) contacted me to ask about Emily's services. He was so impressed by her work during our wedding that he considered hiring her to help save his wedding. When I shared with Emily my friend's problem, she came in to the rescue to consult with my friend to understand this situation.
    LASTLY: I wholeheartedly recommend Emily for your event.

YELP (more detailed review) - https://www.yelp.com/biz/events-by-emily-fountain-valley-2?hrid=S8TyYyXJNRPzPil81YoaRg&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

Nicole · Married on 08/27/2016

Emily was referred to me through a friend of mine. I was looking for a day-of coordinator for our August wedding and had emailed a few other coordinators to see if they had any experience working with large Middle Eastern weddings before. It's one thing to say you could handle us, but its another thing when you've actually experienced 250 loud and opinionated Arabs! Emily had the most professional, well versed, detail-oriented, and attentive reply of all who emailed me back. She was prompt with all her replies and was never hard to get a hold of. She designated a convenient time and location for us to meet and was certainly a delight to speak with upon our first meeting. She was a lifesaver the day before and day of my wedding. She surpassed our expectations! Emily handled our crazy families very well, stuck to my instructions and wishes, and politely but sternly catered to vendors requests while communicating everything with me and my now-husband. My bridal party and I were able to get ready and snack on subway and sip on coffee that she brought us, and I'm so grateful for that because I definitely would not have had time to do so myself the day of my wedding. I was not worried about anything at the church and the reception because I knew Emily had the entire timeline figured out and I just waited for instructions while I enjoyed my party :) I can go on and on about all the awesome things she did and said to help us in the 3 months leading up to our wedding, but I'll spare you and just say she's very experienced, knowledgeable, mature, dependable and fairly priced. You'd be a fool not to hire her!

David · Married on 04/22/2016

The wedding was hours away, and Emily was at the venue getting things set up, and making sure everything was perfect. Her attention to detail is exceptional, and she has a knack with keeping events on track without rushing the guests or the vendors. I was the photographer at the wedding she coordinated, and she made my job so easy. We collaborated on a timeline that would give our clients enough time to capture the important photos without compromising the wedding day. I can't thank Emily enough for her professionalism, her up beat personality, and her knack to make it all look effortless!!

Emily offers a fantastic package for day-of wedding coordination. It is everything an organized bride will need at a great price. She ran a great wedding rehearsal session with all of our family and did a fantastic job setting-up all our decorations on the day of our wedding. She is flexible, adaptive, and professional. I really appreciate how she managed lots of last minute changes with grace and elegance. My guests and family also enjoyed working with her.