Events by Elle Reviews

60 | Kansas City, MO

60 Reviews for Events by Elle

Esther Z. · Married on 10/17/2020

The professional with rich experience, an awesome network, and beautiful virtue

Due to COVID, all the steps to prepare our wedding were delayed. So, when we found Michelle in Mid-August for our wedding ceremony on Oct. 17th,I was overwhelmed. She impressed me with both her professional skills and with her beautifully virtuous heart. She recognized how overwhelmed I was and provided recommendations even before she officially became our coordinator.

During the time I worked with her, her elegance and warmth along with her rich experience and work efficiency brought such a relief, and made the intense preparation process fun.She is patient, a good listener, and was able to quickly recognized what I was looking for - sometimes in ways that were beyond words. After recognizing my needs, she was always quick to respond, connect, and solve the issues. With over 10 years experience inthis industry, she brought with her a rich resource of various vendors and sharp judgment on the arrangement of both the big and tiny aspects of my wedding day. Her excellent coordination helped to make my vision of the wedding day come true.

Sent on 10/31/2020

Kristin W. · Married on 10/10/2020

Our wedding was a dream thanks to Lauren!

After a rough start and trying to plan a wedding during a pandemic, I reached out to Events by Elle to see if they still had our date open. When talking with Michelle, I immediately felt that she truly cared and wanted the best for us. Luckily one of their lead planners, Lauren, was available. I can’t say enough good things about Lauren. She was professional, calming and worked incredibly hard to make sure our day was perfect. She had excellent communication and was always thinking ahead to things that would have never crossed my mind. Lauren coordinated with our vendors and always had our best interests at heart. She made me feel cared for and supported. We hired Events by Elle for the last 8 weeks leading up to our wedding, but my now-husband and I often talk about how much easier things could have been if we had worked with Lauren from the beginning. To sum things up, Lauren is the sweetest person and our day was an absolute dream totally thanks to all her hard work!

Sent on 11/03/2020

Jamie V. · Married on 10/06/2020

Life Savers!!

Hiring Events by Elle was hands down the best service we hired for our wedding. It was worth every penny! With each meeting before the wedding I felt better and better about the Big Day. In addition to having all my wedding dreams come alive in front of my eyes.. Our parents, my husband and I were able to be guests at our own wedding and enjoy ourselves. Best day ever thanks to my Elle Girl, Karoline!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Natalie R. · Married on 09/19/2020

This is your girl for all things wedding!!

Michelle is an absolute star! She’s truly amazing. Her knowledge and creativity is unmatched. She makes planning fun and easy instead of daunting and overwhelming. She has great relationships with so many vendors and you can tell they like working with her as much as you will.

Erik R. · Married on 09/19/2020

Events by Elle Rocks

Michelle and her team are the absolute best! If I could give more than 5 stars I would. From planning to executing a perfect wedding day, this team was not only extremely professional but an absolute pleasure to work with/be around

• Damaris

Damaris H. · Married on 09/11/2020

The Perfect Match for us!!

The perfect match for us was Events By Elle! To be exact our event planner Michelle was everything we needed in making our 10 YEARS wedding renewal dreams come true. The planning begun over a year ago. The moment I sat in that chair with my husband to meet who our planner was I was amazed. After leaving I said lets finalize the deal and pick her as our wedding planner. Boy was I right on the money! lol, that's an ole southern quote. Michelle not only became my wedding planner she became a friend. I love the way she allow us to be free with what we wanted for our wedding. She wanted the best for us and she knew what we wanted. Especially after learning that I'm a type A kind of lady!! lol, but in a good way! She also never missed a beat when choosing the right vendor for us to pick out!! We got everything we needed with her pick. So if you want a Wedding planner who wants the best for you, she will be just that! If I could do my wedding over I would pick her again and again. I can't think Events by Elle, Michelle enough for all the phone calls, emails, messages, coffee meetings and so on. You are amazing!! So brides out there if you are trying to find a responsible, reliable, and down to earth planner here you go. The perfect match for us!!

Sent on 09/30/2020

D Washington · Married on 09/05/2020

Michelle/Events By Elle

Events by Elle came to our rescue during the pandemic, Michelle helped make the decision less stressful when the wedding date had to be pushed back 90 days. She facilitated the entire process and made the entire event magical!!!

Gabby K. · Married on 05/30/2020

Incredible Lakeside Pandemic Wedding

I absolutely loved working with Lauren and the EBE team! They were amazing from start to finish. They were so flexible and encouraging with the countless restrictions and plan changes due to covid. Without a pandemic, I couldn’t have imagined planning a wedding without them but with the pandemic it wouldn’t have happened without them. Lauren and Michelle pulled off the wedding day flawlessly. In the months that have passed since the wedding both sides of the family have talked about how much they loved and enjoyed the day (and how much they were able to relax). I can’t say enough about how genuine the ladies were to work with and how much we appreciated having them as part of our day!

Sent on 11/02/2020

Serena N. · Married on 03/06/2020

Dream Team for Your Dream Day!

We were luckily paired up with the brilliant Michelle Layman from Events by Elle for our daughter's wedding. Michelle is innovative, takes the initiative and listens to what you want and then make suggestions based on her years of experience and expertise. Michelle is a true professional, and I discovered it's a necessity to have one so you can enjoy the day too. You really need one for such a once in a lifetime memory making day. Working with vendors, guests, the wedding party, weather and stressed parents are all her forte. She handles them all with good humor, calmness and confidence. We had an outdoor tented reception with guests that would be driven in to the location in open area wagons. The weather sounded awful, but Michelle didn't let it phase her. She had alternatives and options if we would have needed them. She always kept her wonderful, calm and positive demeanor, which definitely came in handy! Michelle made it a truly wonderful experience for all of us, and we now consider her a friend of our family.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Matthew W. · Married on 10/05/2019

Events by Elle save our big day!

Being the stereotypical dude I told my fiancé from day one we didn’t need a planner. After numerous disagreements and being lost in all the wedding questions we decided to contact Michelle and it was the best decision we made. Michelle was extremely professional and helped take the pressure off Annie so she could enjoy the process. Michelle was available to answer questions at all hours and always gave us her honest opinion and not just the easiest answer. Thank you Michelle for everything you did!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Rick N. · Married on 06/15/2019

A true professional

There’s a lot of decisions that go into a wedding, but none are more important than choosing the right wedding planner. Our daughter chose Michelle Layman of Events by Elle. From the minute we met Michelle we knew we were in great hands. The wedding reception was outside under a tent with a forecast of severe weather. Nothing phased her! She was a calming influence that had it all under control. Several times she had to move the escort board wall inside, only to move it back outside when the weather suddenly cleared right before the reception. Michelle was really great to work with all the vendors and she knew the right questions to ask and expect from them. She exceeded every expectation - a true professional!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Katie H. · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible Experience

Jonnelle made everything so easy from start to finish. We really didn't have anything to worry about throughout the entire process, especially during our wedding weekend. All of our guests flew in for the weekend and we were able to just relax and spend time with friends and family.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Ryan G. · Married on 05/04/2019

Very Organized

We first met Jonelle when she helped with my sister-in-laws wedding. Jonelle jumped in with 1 month to go and that wedding went amazing. So of course we had to have her for our wedding. When we first met with Jonelle, she had a list of when different things needed to be done and she helped us stay on track for over a year. The day of went amazing. I mentioned that the flower for my jacket was wrong and she made a phone call and a replacement was delivered in 15 minutes. She had everything so well organized that even with some hiccups, the day of went so smoothly that we barely even noticed. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Michaela · Married on 10/17/2017

Jonnelle/Events by Elle was the BEST money I spent for my entire wedding! Jonnelle kept me calm throughout the entire planning process. I always knew that I could rely on her to give me good advice or answer any questions I had. She helped me choose all of my vendors, communicate with them, make sure everything was on schedule, and turn my wedding vision into reality. I would not have had the wedding of my dreams without Events by Elle. Our day was absolutely magical and stress free! I recommend everyone hire Events by Elle....It will be the best money you spend on your wedding!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Amber · Married on 10/14/2017

I will never be able to thank the Elle Girls enough for helping my husband and I plan the most perfect wedding! We hired them six months before our wedding, after initially trying to do the planning ourselves. This was the best decision we could have made throughout the whole planning process! Jonnelle took all the stress out of planning, helped us select the best vendors, and brought our vision to life. Our wedding was gorgeous! Thank you Elle Girls! We will recommend you over and over again!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Hedda · Married on 10/07/2017

We were so happy using Events by Elle. Michelle is an extremely competent and efficient planner whose calming influence allowed us all to truly relax and enjoy the wedding. She knows the vendors, the venues, the protocols, but most importantly, she knows what makes for a beautiful wedding! I highly recommend her and her staff.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Lucy · Married on 08/05/2017

Events by Elle made my wedding vision come to life. I really could have not gotten through my wedding weekend without them. I hired Events by Elle for a three day event. We had a Welcome Reception on Friday, Wedding on Saturday and Sunday we had a brunch. I wanted our wedding to feel like an experience. The Elle girls were put to the test when I shared my "dream big" vision. They constantly worked with vendors in KC to perfect our weekend. No matter what time of day it was Michelle (my wedding planner) was there for me. She has so much experience and I am so thankful for her input. I cannot say enough amazing things about Events by Elle. During our wedding weekend I did not have to worry about a thing and I truly got to enjoy every moment. Not only did I not have to worry about a thing, my bridal party and family did not have to either. Events by Elle took care of it all. To me this was important, because not only did myself and my husband want to enjoy our weekend we wanted our loved ones to enjoy it as well! I have never seen a wedding planning team work so hard. My wedding day it was raining and Michelle was running back and forth in the rain to take our gifts to my dad's car so he wouldn't have to worry about it and could continue enjoying the night. I loved the relationship I created with the Elle girls and I and so thankful we picked them to help plan our crazy wedding weekend! The most talented, caring, hard working, thoughtful and dedicated planners in Kansas City. My husband and I LOVE THE ELLE GIRLS!!!!

Sent on 10/22/2017
  • Kaitlynn

Kaitlynn · Married on 07/22/2017

Michelle is Amazing! We were so grateful to have Michelle help us plan our dream wedding from start to finish! We met with multiple even planners after we got engaged but one thing that kept sticking out to me about Michelle was that there really were no boundaries, no matter what questions I had, how many times I needed to meet with her, or emails/phone calls back and forth she was there through it all, which was exactly what I was looking for in a wedding planner. Michelle also asked us questions to get to know us as a couple and not trying to plan right away "what if" situations... She was extremely helpful with each decision that was made throughout our planning journey. Michelle knew what I wanted more than I was even able to describe out loud. She took my random, unorganized thoughts and ideas and turned them into the perfect wedding! We had initially picked out a venue before we met Michelle, but with Michelle's professional opinions and guidance we ended up changing our venue, if it wasn't for her excellent advice and reasoning our wedding definitely would not have turned out as perfect as it did. Not only did she help ease the most stressful parts of wedding planning for us she also recommended the BEST, yet affordable, vendors out there. I didn't have a single problem with any vendors she recommended the entire Wedding Event Crew was incredible and we were so thankful for all of Michelle and EbyE’s help making our day the best it could possibly be! I highly recommend working with Events by Elle and allowing them to turn your thoughts and ideas for your dream wedding into a reality!

Sent on 10/26/2017
  • Spenser

Spenser · Married on 06/10/2017

Best Planner in the Biz!!!

Deciding to work with Michelle at Events by Elle was the best thing I could have done for my wedding!! I loved that no matter what wild idea I came with, she made it work!!! From the moment we spoke, I knew I had found the perfect chick to work with. She made everything so easy and above all, fun. Having the wedding two hours away from KC made things a little tricky, but I knew I could always reach out and get a response immediately from Michelle. Having someone truly get your vibe and vision for your big day was such a wonderful and exiting feeling. And seeing her out the magic touch the day of- all while keeping my crazy group and myself calm and organized- just further proved that she was the best decision we could have made to make our day absolutely perfect. I am sooooo thankful for her guidance and creativity in making everything so perfect!!! I am so so so sad it’s over because that means less Michelle in my life!! #TeamMichelleForEver

Sent on 10/30/2019

Brock · Married on 06/03/2017

The Events By Elle team went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was amazing! They provided great insight and money saving tips throughout the planning process and worked so hard during the big day to keep everything coordinated and on time! I highly recommend working with the Events by Elle girls!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2017

When it came time to plan our wedding, my now husband and I met with several different coordinators before choosing to work with EbyE. I was already feeling overwhelmed, but my husband broke it down very simply by saying, "We liked them the best." They were the only ones who started our meeting by asking, "So tell us about yourselves, how did you meet?" We immediately liked and trusted them more than the others because they wanted to get to know us before they helped us plan our dream wedding. A wedding is supposed to be personal and about each individual couple and with within minutes, we could tell that was a huge priority to EbyE. Karoline was our lead coordinator and we adored her! Not only was she available to us whenever we needed something or were feeling overwhelmed, but she worked through all our ideas to ensure that our dream wedding came to life. The details are very important to me and by proxy my husband, Jake, and Karoline was constantly working to come up with creative solutions to ensure every detail was perfect. Our photographer even took photos of her making sure my husband and all he is groomsmens' bowties were perfectly placed! Without her guidance and extremely helpful suggestions, our wedding would not have turned out as perfectly as it did and we would not have been able to enjoy it. She was not only professional, but personal as well and we felt like we were working with a friend throughout the entire process. We highly recommend Karoline and the entire EbyE team and cannot thank them enough! They worked with us through every step of the process, and even we were in awe of how beautifully everything came together.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Betsy · Married on 03/04/2017

Hiring Events by Elle was the best thing we did to insure my daughter had the wedding of her dreams. Even though we are in the hospitality business, we don't plan weddings every day~ The Elle Girls do! With all the details and frankly, the money involved, in planning a wedding, Jonelle helped us avoid costly missteps and made my daughter's vision come alive. The wedding was "a dream come true". Thank you!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Katie · Married on 03/04/2017

Events by Elle is the best...hands down! They took the time to get to know us and listen to our vision, and used their experience and wisdom to make our day perfect. We loved working with them and truly appreciate the attention and work they put into our day - our wedding was an absolute dream thanks to them!

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 11/05/2016

Event's by Elle planned our wedding from start to finish. Michelle made herself available to us anytime we needed via email, text, call or in person meeting and vendor meetings. I am not a "pinterest" type of gal and didn't really have a clear vision. I only knew what I did not want. Michelle was able to take everything she learned about my husband and I, what our vendors were creating and what we did not want and turn it into our perfect vision. The day that I walked into my reception and saw what had been transformed into my day was more than I could ever have imagined. You will not regret hiring the Elle girls to plan your event and I recommend to everyone I know planning a wedding!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 10/01/2016

Ok so if I could give EbyE 10 stars I would!!! You do not want anyone else planning your wedding in KC! My main planner was Jonnelle, but I did meet Michelle a few times and both are incredibly nice people. I was on the fence about getting a wedding planner or not and believe me when I say that it is probably some of the best money I spent on my wedding and I am so glad I did. I used EbyE as my full service wedding planner meaning that they worked with my from the time I was engaged to my wedding day. (The also do just "day of" planning.) One of the nice things about working with Jonnelle was that she arranged all of my venue appointments when we were touring venues which came in handy for me as an out of town bride. She also set up many of my other vendor appointments when I was choosing everything out. She was so organized! Closer to the wedding day she was in touch with my wedding vendors to organize logistics. Let me tell you- this was the biggest weight off my shoulders. I didn't have to worry about when the cake was going to need to get there, or when to tell the photographer to show up- Jonnelle did it all. Weddings are a special time and you want to be able to enjoy your months as an engaged couple. Jonnelle ensured that that happened. She also ensured that I was not stressed on my wedding day and I cannot express my gratitude for this. Most of us will put a lot of time and money into this one special day and then not get to enjoy it because we are putting out fires with the vendors, wondering why the band is late, etc. If you have EbyE with you on your big day, you literally have to do nothing besides enjoy your day. That is something that was invaluable not only to me but to my family as well. My mom and dad could also enjoy the big day instead of worrying about who was going to clean up or load the wedding presents in the car. Another plus of having EbyE on your side is help negotiating with wedding vendors. We had a slight issue with our cate

Sent on 10/21/2016