Events by Elle Reviews

Events by Elle 6
Events by Elle 7

Jamie Vielhauer · Getting married on 10/06/2020

Life Savers!!

Hiring Events by Elle was hands down the best service we hired for our wedding. It was worth every penny! With each meeting before the wedding I felt better and better about the Big Day. In addition to having all my wedding dreams come alive in front of my eyes.. Our parents, my husband and I were able to be guests at our own wedding and enjoy ourselves. Best day ever thanks to my Elle Girl, Karoline!!

Sent on 10/16/2019
    Events by Elle 8

Serena Naylor · Getting married on 03/06/2020

Dream Team for Your Dream Day!

We were luckily paired up with the brilliant Michelle Layman from Events by Elle for our daughter's wedding. Michelle is innovative, takes the initiative and listens to what you want and then make suggestions based on her years of experience and expertise. Michelle is a true professional, and I discovered it's a necessity to have one so you can enjoy the day too. You really need one for such a once in a lifetime memory making day. Working with vendors, guests, the wedding party, weather and stressed parents are all her forte. She handles them all with good humor, calmness and confidence. We had an outdoor tented reception with guests that would be driven in to the location in open area wagons. The weather sounded awful, but Michelle didn't let it phase her. She had alternatives and options if we would have needed them. She always kept her wonderful, calm and positive demeanor, which definitely came in handy! Michelle made it a truly wonderful experience for all of us, and we now consider her a friend of our family.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Ryan Gress · Married on 05/04/2019

Very Organized

We first met Jonelle when she helped with my sister-in-laws wedding. Jonelle jumped in with 1 month to go and that wedding went amazing. So of course we had to have her for our wedding. When we first met with Jonelle, she had a list of when different things needed to be done and she helped us stay on track for over a year. The day of went amazing. I mentioned that the flower for my jacket was wrong and she made a phone call and a replacement was delivered in 15 minutes. She had everything so well organized that even with some hiccups, the day of went so smoothly that we barely even noticed. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Michaela · Married on 10/17/2017

Jonnelle/Events by Elle was the BEST money I spent for my entire wedding! Jonnelle kept me calm throughout the entire planning process. I always knew that I could rely on her to give me good advice or answer any questions I had. She helped me choose all of my vendors, communicate with them, make sure everything was on schedule, and turn my wedding vision into reality. I would not have had the wedding of my dreams without Events by Elle. Our day was absolutely magical and stress free! I recommend everyone hire Events by Elle....It will be the best money you spend on your wedding!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Amber · Married on 10/14/2017

I will never be able to thank the Elle Girls enough for helping my husband and I plan the most perfect wedding! We hired them six months before our wedding, after initially trying to do the planning ourselves. This was the best decision we could have made throughout the whole planning process! Jonnelle took all the stress out of planning, helped us select the best vendors, and brought our vision to life. Our wedding was gorgeous! Thank you Elle Girls! We will recommend you over and over again!

Sent on 10/30/2017
    Events by Elle 9
    Events by Elle 10
    Events by Elle 11
    Events by Elle 12

hedda · Married on 10/07/2017

We were so happy using Events by Elle. Michelle is an extremely competent and efficient planner whose calming influence allowed us all to truly relax and enjoy the wedding. She knows the vendors, the venues, the protocols, but most importantly, she knows what makes for a beautiful wedding! I highly recommend her and her staff.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Lucy · Married on 08/05/2017

Events by Elle made my wedding vision come to life. I really could have not gotten through my wedding weekend without them. I hired Events by Elle for a three day event. We had a Welcome Reception on Friday, Wedding on Saturday and Sunday we had a brunch. I wanted our wedding to feel like an experience. The Elle girls were put to the test when I shared my "dream big" vision. They constantly worked with vendors in KC to perfect our weekend. No matter what time of day it was Michelle (my wedding planner) was there for me. She has so much experience and I am so thankful for her input. I cannot say enough amazing things about Events by Elle. During our wedding weekend I did not have to worry about a thing and I truly got to enjoy every moment. Not only did I not have to worry about a thing, my bridal party and family did not have to either. Events by Elle took care of it all. To me this was important, because not only did myself and my husband want to enjoy our weekend we wanted our loved ones to enjoy it as well! I have never seen a wedding planning team work so hard. My wedding day it was raining and Michelle was running back and forth in the rain to take our gifts to my dad's car so he wouldn't have to worry about it and could continue enjoying the night. I loved the relationship I created with the Elle girls and I and so thankful we picked them to help plan our crazy wedding weekend! The most talented, caring, hard working, thoughtful and dedicated planners in Kansas City. My husband and I LOVE THE ELLE GIRLS!!!!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Events by Elle 21
    Events by Elle 22
  • Kaitlynn

Kaitlynn · Married on 07/22/2017

Michelle is Amazing! We were so grateful to have Michelle help us plan our dream wedding from start to finish! We met with multiple even planners after we got engaged but one thing that kept sticking out to me about Michelle was that there really were no boundaries, no matter what questions I had, how many times I needed to meet with her, or emails/phone calls back and forth she was there through it all, which was exactly what I was looking for in a wedding planner. Michelle also asked us questions to get to know us as a couple and not trying to plan right away "what if" situations... She was extremely helpful with each decision that was made throughout our planning journey. Michelle knew what I wanted more than I was even able to describe out loud. She took my random, unorganized thoughts and ideas and turned them into the perfect wedding! We had initially picked out a venue before we met Michelle, but with Michelle's professional opinions and guidance we ended up changing our venue, if it wasn't for her excellent advice and reasoning our wedding definitely would not have turned out as perfect as it did. Not only did she help ease the most stressful parts of wedding planning for us she also recommended the BEST, yet affordable, vendors out there. I didn't have a single problem with any vendors she recommended the entire Wedding Event Crew was incredible and we were so thankful for all of Michelle and EbyE’s help making our day the best it could possibly be! I highly recommend working with Events by Elle and allowing them to turn your thoughts and ideas for your dream wedding into a reality!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Brock · Married on 06/03/2017

The Events By Elle team went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was amazing! They provided great insight and money saving tips throughout the planning process and worked so hard during the big day to keep everything coordinated and on time! I highly recommend working with the Events by Elle girls!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2017

When it came time to plan our wedding, my now husband and I met with several different coordinators before choosing to work with EbyE. I was already feeling overwhelmed, but my husband broke it down very simply by saying, "We liked them the best." They were the only ones who started our meeting by asking, "So tell us about yourselves, how did you meet?" We immediately liked and trusted them more than the others because they wanted to get to know us before they helped us plan our dream wedding. A wedding is supposed to be personal and about each individual couple and with within minutes, we could tell that was a huge priority to EbyE. Karoline was our lead coordinator and we adored her! Not only was she available to us whenever we needed something or were feeling overwhelmed, but she worked through all our ideas to ensure that our dream wedding came to life. The details are very important to me and by proxy my husband, Jake, and Karoline was constantly working to come up with creative solutions to ensure every detail was perfect. Our photographer even took photos of her making sure my husband and all he is groomsmens' bowties were perfectly placed! Without her guidance and extremely helpful suggestions, our wedding would not have turned out as perfectly as it did and we would not have been able to enjoy it. She was not only professional, but personal as well and we felt like we were working with a friend throughout the entire process. We highly recommend Karoline and the entire EbyE team and cannot thank them enough! They worked with us through every step of the process, and even we were in awe of how beautifully everything came together.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Betsy · Married on 03/04/2017

Hiring Events by Elle was the best thing we did to insure my daughter had the wedding of her dreams. Even though we are in the hospitality business, we don't plan weddings every day~ The Elle Girls do! With all the details and frankly, the money involved, in planning a wedding, Jonelle helped us avoid costly missteps and made my daughter's vision come alive. The wedding was "a dream come true". Thank you!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Katie · Married on 03/04/2017

Events by Elle is the best...hands down! They took the time to get to know us and listen to our vision, and used their experience and wisdom to make our day perfect. We loved working with them and truly appreciate the attention and work they put into our day - our wedding was an absolute dream thanks to them!

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 11/05/2016

Event's by Elle planned our wedding from start to finish. Michelle made herself available to us anytime we needed via email, text, call or in person meeting and vendor meetings. I am not a "pinterest" type of gal and didn't really have a clear vision. I only knew what I did not want. Michelle was able to take everything she learned about my husband and I, what our vendors were creating and what we did not want and turn it into our perfect vision. The day that I walked into my reception and saw what had been transformed into my day was more than I could ever have imagined. You will not regret hiring the Elle girls to plan your event and I recommend to everyone I know planning a wedding!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 10/01/2016

Ok so if I could give EbyE 10 stars I would!!! You do not want anyone else planning your wedding in KC! My main planner was Jonnelle, but I did meet Michelle a few times and both are incredibly nice people. I was on the fence about getting a wedding planner or not and believe me when I say that it is probably some of the best money I spent on my wedding and I am so glad I did. I used EbyE as my full service wedding planner meaning that they worked with my from the time I was engaged to my wedding day. (The also do just "day of" planning.) One of the nice things about working with Jonnelle was that she arranged all of my venue appointments when we were touring venues which came in handy for me as an out of town bride. She also set up many of my other vendor appointments when I was choosing everything out. She was so organized! Closer to the wedding day she was in touch with my wedding vendors to organize logistics. Let me tell you- this was the biggest weight off my shoulders. I didn't have to worry about when the cake was going to need to get there, or when to tell the photographer to show up- Jonnelle did it all. Weddings are a special time and you want to be able to enjoy your months as an engaged couple. Jonnelle ensured that that happened. She also ensured that I was not stressed on my wedding day and I cannot express my gratitude for this. Most of us will put a lot of time and money into this one special day and then not get to enjoy it because we are putting out fires with the vendors, wondering why the band is late, etc. If you have EbyE with you on your big day, you literally have to do nothing besides enjoy your day. That is something that was invaluable not only to me but to my family as well. My mom and dad could also enjoy the big day instead of worrying about who was going to clean up or load the wedding presents in the car. Another plus of having EbyE on your side is help negotiating with wedding vendors. We had a slight issue with our cate

Sent on 10/21/2016
  • Genesa

Genesa · Married on 09/30/2016

The Elle Girls were amazing, we couldn't have had the magical day we did without them! Start to finish, Jonnelle and Michelle were central in bringing our vision to life, coordinating and recommending the BEST vendors, and keeping me sane through our year of planning. Thanks Girls, for helping my creativity flow and flourish and for making everything absolutely perfect! Much love!

Sent on 10/22/2016
  • O

Orlando · Married on 07/09/2016

We hired Jonelle for our wedding as a day planner. She met with us a month before the wedding to make sure she fit all of our requests and. We had a pretty difficult wedding with a groom from Peru and bride from the US, both living away, so the wedding had to be planned from far and meeting time was limited. They did an excellent job and everything was great. The one thing I will never forget is that I had lost one of my cufflinks during the reception (which we specially made for the occasion). When I mentioned this to Jonelle, she instantaneously went to look for them and, somehow, found it! That is just a small display of her dedication and how great she is. I recommend Events by Elle, they will make your life easier and make sure everything goes great during your wedding.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Erin · Married on 07/02/2016

Having Events by Elle as our wedding planners was the best money we spent in our entire wedding budget. AND they were such a great value—we interviewed at least four planners in the KC area, and Events by Elle were the only ones to really listen to what our wedding would entail and give us a custom price.

Our wedding was basically a destination wedding—although from Kansas, none of my family lives in KC and I was living overseas during the entire planning process. Jonnelle was a dream to have on my side! I was only able to visit KC twice to tour venues and meet with vendors, but Jonnelle maximized my time by helping me narrow things down based on our style and budget and she was able to help us select the perfect slate of vendors that helped bring our vision to life. I’ve planned many receptions and events for work (and can be a control freak!) but I felt completely confident in leaving everything in Jonnelle’s hands. We were able to totally relax and enjoy the time with our family and friends, while she and her team expertly handled every aspect. Jonnelle has truly gone above and beyond for me and my family, even handling some extra details for my mom after the wedding since we all live out of town.

The upfront investment in Events by Elle really helped to extend our budget by getting us quality vendors and ensuring everything was pulled together perfectly. Hiring a wedding planner was a good decision, but choosing Events by Elle was the BEST decision!

Sent on 07/29/2016

jeff · Married on 06/04/2016

there is not enough good things to say about these ladies. Jonnelle and Michelle are the best. they took all of the pressure off of me and Tara. there are so many details you do not think about when planning a wedding, Jonnelle was the absolute best. we would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Tara Marie · Married on 06/04/2016

I have seriously been putting off writing a review for Events By Elle because I have been worried about properly conveying their perfection and our appreciation for everything they have done for us! I had never imagined having a wedding planner by my side for when I got married. It always seemed like something unnecessary and that I would be able to plan and do everything that a wedding entails all on my own. Two days after getting engaged, I was at work finding myself incredibly distracted already! I was beyond overwhelmed with ideas, Pinterest, and suggestions from friends and family. I threw my hands up and knew I could not spend the next year feeling like that. Events By Elle happened to be a preferred vendor listed on The Knot. I shot over an email that day, scheduled a meeting for the next week, and then patiently waited for our appointment. Jeff and I meeting Jonnelle is nothing short of one of the biggest blessings in our lives. I felt incredibly comfortable within minutes of meeting her. I am far from crafty nor do I have an eye for decoration and style. Thankfully, Jonnelle asked for our overall vision of the wedding, a few specific details, and then calmly asked us to trust in her. Little did I know that in one year I was going to experience the most gorgeous and perfectly laid out day. EVERY SINGLE DETAIL she laid out was miraculous. Events By Elle linked us up with the best in the business. We had the most incredible caterer, photography, and music. I cannot stress to anyone enough that if you do this on your own, there is just going to big, very big piece missing! Jonnelle handled every step for us from one week after we were engaged to the week after we were married. She made sure everything was flawless, if there was anything that slipped on our big day, I honestly had no idea! My appreciation for keeping my mother, family, and myself so stress free throughout the process and especially the day of, I will never be able to show! I am so lucky! If you

Sent on 11/02/2016

Rita · Married on 05/07/2016

My recommendation to anyone planning a wedding (big or small) is to hire Events by Elle. Jonnelle was our planner and we can't thank her enough. She kept us on track with the timeline, had great ideas, terrific vendor options and has the patience of a saint. She coordinated every moment of our daughter's wedding from finding a venue to the moment when the last guest was out the door. We would have been lost without her. She is professional, fun, hard working, responsive and 'gets the job done!' Combine her flexibility with her experience and there isn't a problem she can't solve. She truly does her best to make it a dream day for the happy couple and family. On the big day, my husband and I were treated as VIP guest. Our task was to enjoy the day....& we did. Jonnelle handled everything flawlessly such as: providing lovely detailed instructions for the wedding party at the rehearsal dinner, getting ready for photos, transportation for the entire party (20+) to multiple locations, venue set up, coordination with DJ (lighting, photo booth and set up), florist, photographer, venue staff, caterer, cake staff, establishing toasting times, cake cutting time and first dances just to name a few. You name it, she took care of it. The reception had a fun flow and was so much fun because Jonelle had everything timed out perfectly. She makes you feel like you are her only client. You can't go wrong with Events by Elle. They are the best!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Hope · Married on 04/23/2016

Hiring Events by Elle is hands down the best wedding related decision my husband and I ever made. Jonnelle from EBE is incredible. She created the wedding of our dreams based solely off of my crazy, scattered ideas. She was amazing through the entire process. She knew all of the right vendors, responded quickly to any kind of communication, organized, so fun, professional, and everything great you can think of. Our wedding ended up in a magazine if that tells you anything. I could write a novel on what a phenomenal addition Jonnelle was to our wedding.

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 03/19/2016

I hired Michelle with Events by Elle about 10 days after I got engaged. As and event planner myself, my Parents gift to me was a wedding coordinator. I knew exactly how many details and how much coordination would be required to execute the perfect day and I didn't want to be the one doing any of it. I wanted to be able to enjoy and savor every moment instead of stressing if the cake was on time or the guys tuxs had been steamed. I am a perfectionist and pay great attention to detail and honestly was worried about finding a coordinator who could keep up. Not to mention I was planning the wedding from out of state and would only be able to visit KC twice before the big day. I interviews several coordinators over the phone and after speaking with Michelle I just knew. She was the only coordinator who didn't ask questions about the type of wedding I wanted but about me and my fiancé, who we were, our interests, our lives, and the type of marriage we wanted to have. The entire 9 months of planning, Michelle was always available. She listened to what my fiancé and I wanted and helped us select vendors that could meet our needs and match our personalities (very important). She handled my crazy and kept up with all of our requests. The week of the wedding I felt completely at ease, she had everything down and taken care of. From the begging of the rehearsal on I didn't have to worry about thing. The day of the wedding was flawless, I celebrated and got ready with my bridesmaids and family and Michelle took care of the rest. All that time she had spent listening to me and learning what I wanted paid off. If there were any issues I know nothing about it, she handled them and our day was perfect! I do this for a living and I can 100% tell you Michelle is the only person I would trust (besides my self) to pull off a perfect day. If you want to enjoy your wedding and ensure your guests attend a perfectly executed, amazing party, I strongly recommend you hired Events by Elle!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Susan · Married on 11/07/2015

When our daughter got engaged, we thought we could easily handle planning a wedding. We very quickly found out that we were in way over our heads!! Especially since our daughter was living in Vegas. Events By Elle was recommended to us by a number of people. We met with Jonnelle and knew right away that we wanted to work with her!!
    Jonnelle is an amazing wedding planner!! Her knowledge of her industry is unmatched! When we first met with Jonnelle we had already contracted with our venue and our caterer. Jonnelle reviewed our contracts and immediately saved us money.
    Jonnelle is extremely creative and has so many ideas!! Our daughter would tell her what her she envisioned and Jonnelle would come up with multiple ideas and options to choose from. She also made sure that what we picked would fit into the overall theme of the wedding. She scheduled all the vendor appointments and tasting, which wasn’t always easy when a bride is only in town once a month. She thought of every detail, no matter how small.
    The wedding day was perfect!! Jonnelle was there from the very beginning to the very end. She kept everyone on schedule!! My husband and I were able to relax the whole evening and enjoy the wedding and our guests company. She took our daughter’s dream and made it into a reality.
    The next day I asked my daughter if her wedding was everything she had dreamed it would be. She said it was far beyond anything she could have ever imagined. That’s what a parent wants to hear! Thanks Events By Elle for making my daughter’s wedding magical!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Ruth · Married on 10/03/2015

We could not have been happier with the great work of Events by Elle co-owner, Jonnelle Gentry. She did a perfect job and went about and beyond anything we ever expected. Use them. The best!!!

Sent on 12/07/2015
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 09/06/2015

So, before I tell you about the Elle girls, know this -- you want a planner. "But do I *need* one?" Shush. Yes. You owe it to yourself and your family to get a planner so that you all can just enjoy the day instead of stressing about the details. Your planner will take care of all the stress and worries for you, and you can focus on the serious and fun business of getting married! Now, if you want the best in the business, you will hire Events by Elle. These ladies are absolutely amazing. They helped me through everything from vendor selection to event to design to all of the set up and tear down. They helped me keep a clear vision for the day and kept everything within my budget.

Sent on 06/03/2016