Events at Plimoth Plantation Reviews

Events at Plimoth Plantation 7
  • Devon

Devon · Married on 08/03/2019

So beautiful!

We got married on the river view next to the Peabody Pavilion at Plimoth Plantation, and it was absolutely gorgeous! The venue is perfect if you're looking for a venue with both outdoor & indoor options. Not only was the venue amazing, but so was our coordinator, David. He was so attentive throughout the whole process, and truly made our big day perfect. We couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Shanno

Shanno Quinn · Married on 07/27/2019

Exceeded our expectations!

The Plantation was perfect, everyone we worked with was amazing and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding day. Thank you!!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Allison · Married on 04/27/2019

What a Day!

I don't even know where to begin....everything was wonderful! From the location to the food to the staff- nothing was short of perfect. David was our day of coordinator and a superhero. Unfortunately the weather didn't allow us to be married outside, but David executed our back up plan flawlessly. He made the entire night run smoothly. Our guests are still talking about how great of a venue it was and the best wedding they've ever been to (and we got married a month and a half ago!). I highly recommend Plimoth Plantation to anyone looking for the perfect day. It made us want to get married again just so we have an excuse to have another party there!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Concannon · Married on 04/06/2019

4/2019 Wedding- Peabody Pavilion

Peabody Pavilion hosted 165 guests for our wedding.

David was a wonderful event manager during the 2 weeks leading up to our day, and on the evening-of. He put me at ease, took some of my planning load, and made sure I had checked all of my boxes. He is a professional. Our celebration was wonderful, thanks in big part to him.

The venue itself was excellent for our family and friends. The tent, with 18 round tables (about 10 guests at each) did not feel crowded. Our entertainment had plenty of space to set up in the building with bar and dance space. Also, plenty of room. The outdoor patio area was picture perfect with a seating area and roaring fire. The view of the bay, very pretty.

Cocktail hour and dinner service was wonderful, The food came out quick, hot, and delicious. Drinks were plentiful. Service was very good. Cake by the plantation partner, Veronica's Sweetcakes, was beyond delicious.

The grounds and building were clean and comfortable.

Plimoth Plantation offered us an exceptional value and gave us a fairy-tale evening.

Sent on 04/24/2019

Joy Bagni · Married on 10/26/2018

Plimoth Plantation

Our wedding October 26/2018 . What a beautiful place . We had the perfect fall day and the perfect place . The Event coordinator Diane Cox was wonderful to make our plans in 5 months so easy. The wedding planner , David Sheehy was professional and caring to all
    Our needs. The food was excellent and the staff so personable. We can’t thank you enough for all your care. Pia Capone & Patrick Donnelly wedding !

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Events at Plimoth Plantation 20
    Events at Plimoth Plantation 21

Stacia Gillen · Married on 10/21/2018

Best day of my life

Plimoth Plantation was a delight to work with. The people are wonderful, the grounds are gorgeous and the food was fabulous. My family and friends had a top notch time at our October wedding. I, as the bride, did not have to worry about anything. The staff made this day that I had planned for and toiled over for 10 months the easiest day of my life. I worked with Deb, Erin and my day-of coordinator (who's name I cannot remember right now) took all the stress out of this whole experience. BOOK THIS PLACE

Sent on 12/10/2018

Katie Cleggett · Married on 10/19/2018

The perfect venue!

Everything about this place is unbelievable! We just got married a few days ago and I was so excited to write this review. Amazing food, service and gorgeous venue! Affordable but no detail goes
    Overlooked!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Kendra and Dan · Married on 08/24/2018

Absolute perfection

Exceeded expectations beyond belief!! The husband had to convince me to look here and it was the BEST decision we ever made! It was so fun hearing our family and friends say how they can’t believe their old field trip destination is this hidden gem! From start to finish Plimoth was a dream to work with. To start you can’t beat their food and beverage package, coupled with their absolutely stunning backdrops for ceremonies—which are hard to choose from because both are gorgeous—and the Peabody Pavilion reception space. Diane and your day of coordinator (shoutout to Alex!) make sure you are absolutely stress free leading up to the day! The group food tasting/Q&A were amazing and took the guesswork out of planning, I highly recommend attending to save yourself several emails:) The food is delicious, the bar beverage options are endless, and the bride and groom don’t have to lift a finger the day of—Alex took phenomenal care of us and made sure we stayed on track with the evening agenda. It was the PERFECT summer evening, cigar bar, fireplace, dancing and all. We can’t recommend it enough!! Thank you Plimoth for an unforgettable experience!

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Events at Plimoth Plantation 22
    Events at Plimoth Plantation 23
    Events at Plimoth Plantation 24

Krista · Married on 06/29/2018

I can't say enough wonderful things about Plimoth Plantation's wedding venue. Our wedding was on June 29, 2018, with the ceremony in Hornblower's Garden and the reception at the Peabody Pavilion. The garden is really like a secret garden. It was the perfect backdrop for our ceremony. Erin, the ceremony coordinator, was great to work with. She got everyone organized and in-line and was super helpful. The renovations made to the Peabody Pavilion are gorgeous. We booked the site for the view of the river and ocean and the upgrades are outstanding (making it even more beautiful, which we didn't think was possible). David, the day of coordinator, was a major help. He made sure we ate (the food was delicious), always had a drink in our hand, and checked in every so often. All of our guests loved the food and the view.

Sent on 07/15/2018

Morgan · Married on 07/29/2017

We had a dream wedding at Plimoth Plantation. It exceeded our expectations in beauty, service and value. We had our ceremony in the Hornblower Garden in July, and it was absolutely stunning; like an enchanted forest. The photos came out stunning. As for the service; everyone we dealt with was fantastic -- especially Diane and Erin. Thank you for making our decision so smooth! They were so organized and guided us every step of the way. Our guests raved about the garden and Gainsborough Hall, where we had our reception. The food, in particular, was outstanding. We are still getting compliments (we had the swordfish and the beef). Oh, and we 'rented' two pilgrims to socialize in-character during the cocktail hour. So fun! We are so grateful we could get married here, and highly recommend to anyone looking for a New England wedding!

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Events at Plimoth Plantation 25
    Events at Plimoth Plantation 26
    Events at Plimoth Plantation 27
    Events at Plimoth Plantation 28
    Events at Plimoth Plantation 29
    Events at Plimoth Plantation 30

Sophie · Married on 07/22/2017

The team at Plimoth Plantation was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. Diane kept in touch with us from the minute we booked the venue and David, our day of coordinator, really brought it home. He made sure to keep in touch with all of our vendors and made us feel at ease days before our wedding. On the day of, David made sure we ate and catered to our every need as the night went on. Even our guests are still saying what a pleasure it was to have him join us! Our guests also raved about the appetizers (get the stuffed mushrooms!) and main dishes served at the wedding. The venue itself is just beautiful with a timeless view of the Eel River and ocean just beyond it. 5 stars all around! Wish we could do it all again!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Events at Plimoth Plantation's reply:

Sophie,
    It was so nice to work with you. The Plimoth Plantation team wishes you the best in life!!
    Diane

Jessica · Married on 05/13/2017

We are so thrilled beyond words that we worked with the Plimoth Plantation as our reception venue for our wedding. They did such an amazing job with everything from their amazing service, great location, and the food was great as well. All the guests loved everything about the venue and we have nothing but positive things to say about this place.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Katherine · Married on 09/25/2016

Plimoth Plantation was the perfect venue! My husband and I had looked a bunch of other places and nothing else compared. It was rustic yet elegant. We got married in the Hornblower Garden and it was the perfect backdrop. We felt like we were in some secret garden. We took pictures in one of the villages, which was super cool and fun! We played games on the lawn and overlooked the beautiful water. It was perfect. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. We had such an easy time working with everyone there. Diane helped us put everything together, David helped coordinate our reception and made it run so smoothly, and Liz helped make our ceremony perfect. Would highly recommend checking out Plimoth Plantation!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Kayleigh · Married on 06/18/2016

We absolutely loved our wedding at the Plimoth Plantation. The food was amazing, the staff was wonderful, and we didn't have to worry about any details along the way- our wonderful event manager Karlene had us covered. This venue is an amazing deal and a hidden gem. I highly recommend newly engaged couples booking with the Plimoth Plantation for their wedding!

Sent on 09/07/2016

LOVED our venue! The food was amazing and the staff was great!!!! Very Happy!!!! Beautiful location!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Alicia · Married on 05/09/2015

I am SO please with how my wedding turned out. The staff at the venue were very attentive to my husband and myself, the food was insanely delicious, and Karlene and Kathleen were just amazing on the day of. I have to admit I was a bit nervous, but all my fears were laid to rest during the rehearsal. Thank you SO MUCH for making our special day as incredible as it was. Our guests raved non-stop about everything. You truly lived up to, and exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 05/26/2015

SO beautiful. Food is delicious Kathleen is amazing

Sent on 06/05/2015

R · Married on 05/30/2014

Planned wedding from west coast but Diane was responsive and helped so much with every detail along the way. From general questions early on to final details leading up to our wedding, Diane and Erin were on their toes. Diane helped alot with setting up AV services. AV services were hard to contact and get answers from but she helped that come through and was gracious about extra charges they normally charge for booking AV services because of the long communication delays we experienced with the AV vendor!
    Erin helped with reception details and made sure the reception ran smoothly during the evening!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Stephanie · Married on 10/19/2013

Everyone at PP was wonderful to work with. They are all very experienced and know exactly what to do without you asking. Our ceremony and reception were both at PP and they couldn't have gone more smoothly. Everything was taken care of behind the scenes so we could just enjoy the day.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Kim · Married on 09/14/2013

I cannot begin to explain how amazing my wedding day was at Plimoth Plantation. The entire venue is gorgeous. The Pavilion overlooks the water and the Garden is a stunning ceremony site. The food was awesome!! I was told by almost everyone that it was the best food they have had! Lobster mac and cheese was to die for. And on top of all that, the staff was so great.They treated the guests so well and were always there with anything we needed (scissors last minute, a sewing kit, any appetizer I hadn't tried yet, a drink whenever mine was empty!). I would reccomend this place to everyone!

Sent on 10/30/2013

We recently had my daughters wedding at Plimoth plantation and I could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. The staff was absolutely professional, courteous, and helpful. The food was out of this world and very high end at a reasonable cost. The ceremony was at Hornblower Gardens onsite and was so very enchanting and like a fantasy. The reception was held at the Pavillion onsite and comfortably hled 180 guests. The tent overlooks the field , river and ocean and was so scenic and charming. From the beginning stages of wedding planning to the very end was impeccable.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Emily · Married on 10/06/2012

Everything was great! The food, service and attentiveness throughout our planning were amazing. Everyone had a wonderful time and continue to comment on how beautiful the location was. Our ceremony was in the garden and it couldn't have been any more perfect!

Sent on 12/21/2012

Joyce · Married on 07/03/2011

My daughter recently had her reception at the Plimoth Plantation Pavilion. From the time we signed the contract with Diane Cox until the end of the reception, everything was managed in a professional, caring manner. Any time we had a question or concern, Diane was very easy going and always put us at ease. She was very easy to work with. The staff set up our decorations in an amazing way. I was so surprised when I walked into the Pavilion and tent that evening to see how they had set everything up. The Hornblower garden where we had pictures taken was in full bloom and beautiful. Our event coordinator for the evening, Erin, and Joseph, were in contact with us throughout the evening to let us know what was going on and to see if we needed anything. The food was excellent. We had many friends comment on the food and that it was the best wedding they had ever attended.

Sent on 07/07/2011

Carey · Married on 07/03/2011

I recently had my wedding at the Plimoth Plantation in the Pavilion overlooking the Eel River and Plymouth Harbor. From the first time I visited the Plantation and met with Diane, I knew that this would be the perfect venue for my husband and I. The Pavilion has the perfect feel of New England and the beautiful ocean view. Diane was amazing to work with and extremely responsive to all of our questions and guided us through the entire process. When the day of my wedding came, we were all very calm and confident in how the reception would go.

Our event coordinators Erin and Joseph knew every single detail of the day and made sure we had everything we could possibly need. The food was amazing and all of our guests commented that it was some of the best food they had eaten at a wedding. The servers were very professional and polite. The view was beautiful and the staff at the Plantation set up our decorations exactly how we imagined. I cannot thank Diane, Erin, Joseph and the rest of the staff that were part of our wedding enough for making our day so wonderful and amazing.

Sent on 07/24/2011