Eventfully Planned Reviews

101 | Newport, RI

101 Reviews for Eventfully Planned

Gabriela · Married on 04/16/2011

Let me start by saying that by the end of the wedding I don’t know who loved Jaime most – me, my mom and or my husband. My mom was the hardest sell on a planner too and by the end she literally said “I don’t know what we would have done without Jaime at this wedding”. From the second I spoke to Jaime I knew she was the perfect person to work with. She’s calm and easy going but VERY hard working and detail oriented. Besides her great vendor suggestions and ideas the things that made her really special is her willingness to help with literally anything. For example, I was having a wedding artist and he needed a canvas a hour before the wedding…Jaime found a store to purchase it ASAP. We needed a keyboard for a family member playing during the ceremony..Jaime found a place to rent it. When we needed to purchase things for the gift bags it was Jaime that let us use her BJ’s card to get everything in bulk. During the wedding my mom needed to walk our dog…Jaime was the one that took care of it so my mom didn’t need to leave the wedding. These are just a few of the things that made Jaime great – there are a million more! Everyone that worked with Jaime thought she was the most sweet, professional and wonderful person. Honestly, spend the money on Jaime – you won’t regret it!!!!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Marla · Married on 03/19/2011

Jaime was excellent!! we think back to our wedding day, and know that we never could have pulled it off that smoothly, and for that we are so grateful! i would highly recommend her to absolutely anyone!!

Sent on 04/25/2012

Kara · Married on 11/27/2010

There are not enough words to describe Eventfully Planned. From the time my mom hired Jamie as my Christmas present last year she was invaluable. Jamie was the best gift a bride could receive. Jamie was there every step making sure my very special “Winter Wonderland” wedding was what I always dreamed of. She worked with all my vendors to know every detail to make this day a success. My fiancé wasn’t sure I really needed a wedding planner but when she came to his rescue on our wedding day she is now at the top of his list. Jamie was there at all times to meet everyone’s needs; even a band-aid for my mom. Her job did not stop at the end of the reception. Jamie helped the florist clean up and transport large flower arrangements to my parents house for the brunch the next day. My dad calls here the HERO of the day! Thank you Jamie for helping to make my dream come true.

Sent on 03/13/2011

Tovah · Married on 10/10/2010

Eventfully Planned made my vision for my wedding possible. I had done every part of my wedding myself until I realized that I wouldn't be able to orchestrate setting it all up. I hired Eventfully Planned for by the hour day of coordination. Jaime was flexible, professional, prompt, understanding, a total pleasure to work with. My only regret is that I didn't hire her sooner for complete wedding planning. She totally saved the day. If you are considering it, hire her!!!

Sent on 11/02/2010
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/09/2010

Hiring Jamie from Eventfully Planned as our day of wedding coordinator was probably the smartest thing we did when planning our wedding. She is very professional and organized, responds quickly to e-mails, and gave us valuable advise and information on vendors. We told her exactly what we wanted and she was able to carry out our vision. She kept things running smoothly at the rehearsal and during the wedding, making sure we got everything in and on time. Having her around took a lot of the stress off of us in making sure everything was the way we wanted it. We didn't have to worry about a thing since we had complete faith in her. We would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Eventfully Planned's reply:

Thank you Allison! It was my pleasure this weekend. BTW, I was actually at Whispering Pines the next day and saw one of your baskets and props for the photo booth. I grabbed it and will leave in your mailbox next time I am on your street. Congratulations!

Emily · Married on 09/05/2010

Loved working with Jaime. Everyone involved in the wedding agreed that the best decision of the wedding was deciding to work with her. I chose to work with Jaime for the Day-of Coordination and she was very helpful in guiding me in the process of planning the wedding, recommending vendors and making sure that the final day went off smoothly. I would highly suggest to anyone considering her services to use Jaime, she really helped to pull off all of the small last minute details that made our wedding perfect. Thank you, Jaime!

Sent on 09/09/2010

Melanie · Married on 08/28/2010

Thanks to Jaime Nelson and Eventfully Planned we had the BEST day of our lives! We had Jaime as our Day of Coordinator for our wedding, but she was so much more for us! Right from the beginning I knew we were in the best of hands! She helped me find a makeup artist (who was wonderful!) with only a couple of weeks left until the wedding. She was there for us during our venue walk thru and helped organize all of the vendors for us! This was no small feat - we had 9 different vendors for our day and with us having a very hectic work schedules this saved us a LOT of time! Jaime was wonderful with organizing our families during the ceremony rehearsal and making sure the ceremony went off without a hitch the day of the wedding! She was at the venue assisting with the set up and coordination before myself and my girls were even there to get ready that day! She was still there at the end of the night waving the last of my guests goodbye! All of my vendors raved about her organization and wedding knowledge and also complimented her about being so easy and friendly to work with! A few details that I learned about after the wedding showed the kind of planner Jaime really is - she really does go way above and beyond for her brides! At one point before the wedding, the ceremony set up was going slowly; Jaime jumped right in and began setting up the chairs along with the set up crew in almost 100 degree weather! When the bartenders arrived, they had forgotten to bring lemons - not wanting my guests to go without - Jaime had made a phone call and had someone deliver lemons for us! About half way through the wedding, we had run out of soda (we had a really hot day and my guests were drinking lots of soda!); again, not wanting to disappoint my guests, Jaime actually ran to a nearby store and bought more soda for the bar. What was even more wonderful was that never once did I know about this during the reception - the situation was taken care of and didn't disrupt us at all! Our wedding was absolutely perfect; far better than we could have ever imagined! Not once were we stressed or distracted from enjoying the party. Everything was under control and we really were able to relax and enjoy our day and celebrate with family. When you throw a party - especially a wedding - it is a reflection of the couple; Jaime really made us shine! I would highly recommend Jaime to any bride needing a wedding coordinator!

Sent on 11/27/2010

Alison · Married on 08/21/2010

I decided to hire a day-of-coordinator for peace of mind, and that is exactly what Jaime did. My mom passed away when I was younger, so I felt like if something went wrong or if there was a question that had to be answered, it was all on me on the wedding day---Jaime took on this role for me. She went with me to my final meeting with my caterer, and took ALL my do-it-yourself projects/decorations off my hands the week of the wedding. She also created a ridiculously detailed timeline, got my bridal party organized for the day, made sure that everything was running on track, and put all the little details/decorations in place. She did all these things seamlessly. It just worked. I know that I will never truly know how valuable she was, because things JUST WENT smoothly with her there, but I know that I would have felt a real strain without her. There are so many little details and logistics to plan and coordinate for a wedding, and I am so glad that I hired someone to make sure that everything was executed according to my vision.

Sent on 09/25/2010

Shannon · Married on 08/14/2010

I got married in Narragansett RI during the craziness of the Summer. I couldn't have been luckier to have found Jaime as my day-of wedding coordinator. She took the stress off my shoulder and really ensured that everything went smoothly. She made a very detailed schedule for my wedding party, helped us at the rehearsal, and even brought us lunch while we were getting our hair and makeup done. I highly recommend her and can guarantee that she will put you at ease on your wedding day!

Sent on 09/19/2010

Marisa · Married on 08/07/2010

I don't even know where to begin with this review. When my husband and I hired Jaime, we were into a year of our engagement and a little overwhelmed with all the venue and vendor choices. We wanted everything to be perfect and we didn't feel confident that we could choose a vendor that would live up to our expectations. I decided that I wanted someone who knew the industry, who could be on our side and help us plan the perfect day for us and our guests. I had several interviews lined up, but the evening we met Jaime, we knew right away we wanted to hire her. She was so organized, professional and really nice. She went above and beyond for us during the whole process. She asked about and listened to what we wanted and helped us find the perfect vendors to make it happen. We ended up going with 3 vendors that she knew and recommended to us and we were extremely happy with all of them. She talked our venue down substantially in price without even having worked with them before. When the coordinator from the venue was hard to get in touch with, Jaime kept at it until we got all the answers and information we needed. She was my support when I went to my hair and makeup trials (and took pictures for me when I forgot my camera). I felt like I could call her anytime and anything and she would bend over backwards to help us. I knew she had other clients, but she really made me feel like ours was the only wedding...really the only thing...she thought about and worked on. During our rehearsal, when no one knew what to do, she took charge, made it quick and easy and our whole bridal party (even my Dad!) agreed that she was great. The day of our wedding, she did everything. She set up the ceremony space. She made sure the reception room was perfect. She made sure that special needs for allergies and my Mother-in-Laws preferences were taken care of. She was organized, efficient, and calm. She fixed my dress when we discovered it would be too long to ballroom dance in and then fixed it again after my husband stepped on the back and broke the bustle. She and her assistant did more for us than I ever expected. I can't say enough about how perfect our day was and how stress-free and fun planning was because of her. I wish I could have another wedding so I can work with her again! My husband and I both highly recommend her for day of and full wedding coordination.

Sent on 10/15/2010

Eventfully Planned's reply:

Marisa! Thank you! I miss you too!

Jennifer · Married on 07/23/2010

I don't think I can express how much I appreciate Jamie Nelson. I first met Jamie 19 months ago when I began planning my May 8, 2010 wedding. She was the first and only wedding planner I met with. I knew immediately after meeting her that I wanted her help as a day of coordinator. Since the ceremony was to be outside I was worried about the chairs arriving, weather, my husband passing out during vows...you name it. After meeting Jamie I had total confidence that she could help me with the logistics of the day so I could enjoy it but I also wanted to work with her because immediately she felt like a friend.

When my May 8 wedding had to be postponed and eventually cancelled she was very sincere and supportative and offered many kind words at a difficult time.

When my husband and I decided to have a small ceremony with 7 people and a few vendors Jamie offered to help. That meant the world to me.

My 2nd wedding ceremony was to be outdoors. After spending hours in a salon getting beautified for the big day I peered out the window and realized it was pouring and it was not going to pass!! I had a plan B location for rain but I never firmed up the details with my contact. I was running late and the vendors were supposed to be at the outdoor location in 45 minutes. To top it all off I left all of my contact numbers at home. I was able to reach Jamie and she was able to get my location unlocked in a moments notice, pick up my flowers, coordinate with the vendors, make sure my husband didn't see me ahead of time..you name it.

My small wedding, pouring rain and all, was the most amazing day of my life and I couldn't have done it without Jamie. It didn't matter if I had 100 guests or 7 she was indespensible either way. Now, I finally made it down the asile and I also made a friend.

Sent on 08/03/2010

Kelly · Married on 07/16/2010

Hiring Jaime as our day of wedding coordinator in Newport this past July was the best thing we ever did. Not only was she extremely professional, but she was so nice and allowed me to completely relax on my wedding day because I knew she had everything covered.

In the months leading up to the wedding, Jaime always made herself available to help us answer any and all questions we had. She created a timeline that gave us a clear understanding of how the day would flow and distributed them at the rehearsal. She even picked up waters and cookies for us to put in the gift bags in advance.

On the day of the wedding, Jaime dropped off all of the gift bags, coordinated everyting with the vendors, set up lunch for all of the bridesmaids, and helped out with the transportation.

Jaime made sure my day was as smooth as possible and it absolutely was. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/18/2010

Jack · Married on 07/16/2010

5.0 - We couldn't have been happier with Jaime's quality of service and her attention to detail. She took all the anxiety out of the equation on the day of the wedding and was a joy to work with. We would be happy to recommend Jaime to any prospective bride who is looking for a wedding consultant.

Sent on 08/22/2010

Cathy · Married on 06/05/2010

I hired Jaime Nelson of Eventfully Planned in March 2010 for my June 2010 wedding as a "day of coordinator". Jaime was available to me from the date I hired her through the wedding and provided so much more to me than "day of" services. She saved me money with her contacts at the linen rental company. Everyone raved about her organization and how hard she worked for us. I really could not have done the wedding without her.

Sent on 07/13/2010

Stephanie · Married on 05/22/2010

I can't say enough about Eventfully Planned. I can't imagine our wedding day without Jaime. She made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be and worked with all my vendors so that nothing was missed. I highly recommend Eventfully Planned!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Christie · Married on 09/26/2009

I truly wish that I could give Jamie Nelson of Eventfully planned more than 5 stars in all of the above categories. Working with her was a complete joy. She was hired as a "Day of Coordinator" and I can not believe the amount of time and effort that she put into my wedding WELL before the actual day of. She went above and beyond for us countless times. On the day of the wedding, she was nothing short of exceptional. Even my guests commented on how wonderful it was having her there on our wedding day. She was easily one of my favorite vendors and hiring her was definitely one of the best "wedding decisions" that my husband and I made.

Sent on 01/26/2010

Nicole · Married on 07/11/2009

If there were more stars available, I would have selected them for Jamie (Eventfully Planned). We signed up for her 'Day of' package and got so much more! Jamie was professional, quick on her feet (we had more than a few problems arise which she resolved), friendly and worked easily with my other vendors. As a Type A, stressed out bride, Jamie's ability to be cool, calm and collected throughout the entire planning and wedding was truly both awe-inspiring and helpful to me. Even though she was 'just' of our Day of Coordinator, Jamie made sure to reach out and familiarize herself with all our vendors, locations and wedding roadmap. She made herself available to anyone wedding-related (vendors, family, wedding party) and everyone that spoke with her also had glowing reviews. I fully endorse Jamie as a Wedding Planner without a single reservation.

Sent on 05/06/2010

Holly · Married on 05/16/2009

It was such a wonderful experience having Jaime Nelson of Eventfully Planned as the full service planner for our big day. From helping us book every vendor for the Wedding as well as her excellent input, Jaime kept us very organized every step of the way. My husband and I can not thank Jaime enough for the tremendous amount of work and effort she put forth to make our dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 02/01/2010

Sarah · Married on 06/29/2008

Jamie was a huge help ensuring that my wedding weekend was everything I dreamed of. She was willing to help with any request; finding a dog sitter, finding someone to play at our after party, helping create and deliver welcome bags, etc.. On the day of the wedding she was professional and helped keep everyone and everything on track. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/01/2010
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/06/2014

Jaime was an essential part of our wedding planning and our wedding day. She was willing to help in all ways possible-- coordinating vendor meetings, keeping track of outstanding invoices, creating wedding day timelines and more. Jaime anticipated all of our needs (ordering pre-ceremony lunch for my bridesmaids and me several weeks in advance of my wedding day, for example) and alleviated all stress for the day-of. I would recommend Jaime to any couple getting married in Newport, RI, especially because she knows all of the vendors in the area. She made our lives much easier-- more than I could have anticipated!

Thank you, Jaime, for all your hard work to help make our wedding day run as smoothly as possible!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Karin · Married on 09/25/2010

Jaime was amazing and the best decision I made among the MILLION decisions we made to plan our wedding. Because our wedding was in the backyard there were many things that needed to happen...Jaime was perfect. Her attention to detail, preparation, patience and calming personality was exactly what we/I needed. We thoroughly enjoyed our wedding day and didn't worry about one thing because I knew that Jaime had everything under control. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and Jaime helped to execute my vision and DREAM tented wedding!!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2010

Eventfully Planned's reply:

Thank you Karin! I am glad you enjoyed your wedding day! Also, thank you for the flowers I received yesterday on my doorstep! What a big surprise and very much appreciated!

Emily · Married on 08/24/2012

Thanks to Jaime, our wedding day was even more wonderful than we could have imagined! We didn't have to worry about a thing, and our families, too, were able to just enjoy the wedding. Thanks Jaime!

Sent on 09/27/2012

Eventfully Planned's reply:

Thank you Emily! It was my pleasure!

4.2

Jaime is very sweet and overall my event turned out great. She did a great job with the timeline and ceremony line-up for the wedding and everything went really smooth and according to plan. She checked up on all my vendors and went the extra mile for me on a few items. I did think her response time was a little slow, I had read such rave reviews so I was a little surprised. I know I wasn't, but I think this is the kind of thing where you should feel like you are the only bride they are working with. I might just be too type A and a perfectionist to really use a planner effectively, but I felt like I had to micromanage the relationship more than I wanted to at times. Again though, I had the most amazing wedding ever, so hard to complain!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Eventfully Planned's reply:

Thank you. I am glad you had a wonderful wedding. Thank you for the feedback.

Katharine · Married on 09/10/2011

4.2
      3.0

I used Eventfully Planned for my wedding in September. It was an unusual wedding, as it took place at my house, which has a very small garden and is right on the water. Jaime did a great job helping us to find exceptional vendors - we loved the caterer, DJ, transportation company, and florist with whom she put us in touch. She also did a wonderful job on the day itself - the wedding ran as smoothly as it could have, and the day was absolutely perfect. Jaime herself is lovely - friendly, down-to-earth, hard-working, and very responsive to phone call and emails.

Sent on 09/26/2011

Eventfully Planned's reply:

Thank you Katharine! It was a beautiful day. I miss your emails! Congratulations again! - Jaime

Maria · Married on 08/26/2011

3.6
      3.5

We got this service to help ease some of the Day Of Stress- Jaime was very organised and eager to help. She was very ontop of details and reaching out to all my vendors. However, I would say that I am about 75-80% satisfied with the way the actual day went. I felt like she often running around and left me with her assistant. I started to run late and as a result had no time for any pictures before having to leave for my ceremony. I truly regret not having anytime for those candid moments before my ceremony because they were moments I had thought about alot. Having time with friends & family -time to reflect instead we had to grab bouquets and rush. It was the last thing I had wanted so for me thats something I regret and I wish my coordinator had been there for me to make sure that we had been moving in a more timely manner and that we had time to get things like that done.

Sent on 09/19/2011

Dear Maria,
    I am just sitting down and reading my reviews and I am so sorry you felt this way about my services on your wedding day. I had no idea. I specifically had typed when I would be departing the hotel for Ochre Court in my wedding day timeline, which would have been when you were slipping in to your dress. That is when I left. I am sorry things started to run behind from that moment before you actually had to depart for the church. I remember when you interviewed me over the phone, you made it clear that most of the guests were not used to an American wedding and would need guidance and assistance and that you did not want to be the one worrying about those dynamics on the wedding day. It was imperative that I made it to the church to greet the guests and also touch base with the officiant because he was not at the rehearsal. If you had wanted me to stay with you at the hotel, I wish you would have told me that. I will take this as a learning experience in the future. I am truly sorry you feel this way.