Event Studio Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Rachel
    Rachel G. Married on 09/25/2021

Absolutely Wonderful!

We used Event studio for both our wedding flowers and decorations. 10/10 would recommend to anyone in the area getting married. My flowers were absolutely beautiful along with all of the arrangements. Her florals and decorations were what made my wedding absolutely perfect. I cannot say enough good words about Kelley and her team and I am so happy that we used them for our wedding!

Event Studio's reply:

Rachel, it was so easy to work with you and Ryan. It was such a beautiful day and your soft romantic flowers looked great. I can't wait to see Sammi's photos!
  • Lexi
    Lexi N. Married on 09/05/2021

Fantastic team

Kelley and her team were incredible! she was super flexible with resheduling our wedding and really helped make our vision come to life! She's so creative and her inventory is awesome to do some unique installations. It seemed like she could make any ideas a reality! SO so happy we worked with Kelley!
    Kevin K. Married on 09/04/2021

She Nailed Our Vision!

Kelley was amazing to work with! She totally nailed our vision of combining a rustic and Hawaiian theme for the floral and decor elements of my daughter's wedding. She was friendly, accommodating, TALENTED, and reliable (even when Covid pushed out the wedding date and interrupted the supply chain of certain flowers)! Every floral piece, as well as all the other decor she provided were the perfect blend for daughter's farm wedding and looked stunning in the pictures. I can't say enough about the time and talent that Kelley shared with us to make this wedding a dream come true!

Event Studio's reply:

Creating this beautiful fusion design was a lot of fun for me and my team. We loved the tropical pieces combined with traditional flowers in a rustic setting--so unique! I can't wait to see the photos. It makes us especially proud to create a dreamy day for couples who had to postpone and reschedule due to covid. I know you all had an awesome time at Winding Creek!
  • Maura
    Maura F. Married on 08/14/2021

The perfect wedding florist!

What an absolute delight to work with Event Studio for our wedding. Kelley is a total pro and was very responsive when we had questions. She invited us to her studio where we hand-selected the rental items and reviewed flower pictures on her computer. She is super organized! I was able to send her bridesmaid dress swatches and even ribbon for my bouquet and she remembered everything.

On the day of the wedding, we were completely blown away by the breathtaking arrangements. In addition to the gorgeous flowers, Kelley and her team were professional and even stayed longer to help move flowers once our ceremony was over.

After the reception, we were able to send our friends and family members home with arrangements and people are still raving about the flowers a month later! Gorgeous colors and lasted for a really long time!

My only regret is not booking Event Studio for wedding coordination in addition to florist services. Thank you Event Studio for making our wedding day unforgettable with your beautiful floral arrangements!

Event Studio's reply:

Maura & AJ, you two were dream clients... so organized and confident in your vision! You both looked like you stepped right off the pages of a wedding magazine and the bridesmaid mismatched gowns were perfection!
  • Jackie
    Jackie S. Married on 06/11/2021

Dream come true!

Kelley and her team are simply the best. Planning and executing our wedding vision with their expertise to guide us truly made our wedding a dream come true. The flowers and everything else was STUNNING!! They helped us adjust our ceremony space the day of our wedding due to rain and even with the change in location for the ceremony, everything was still so incredibly beautiful. We're so lucky to have had a team like Event Studio by our side through this whole process - supportive, kind, and the perfect experts.

Event Studio's reply:

Jackie, thank you so much for this great review. Our whole team was cheering for you & Chris to have the perfect day, unruined by covid restrictions. It was iffy for a while, but then you were able to have all your favorite people attend the wedding. Then rain came along. Geesh, one more obstacle. But none of those little bumps in the road dampened your dreamy day! Gorgeous venue, amazing band, one of our favorite photographers, all the recipe for a wonderful wedding! Please plant the succulents from your bouquet and keep them forever! We loved working with you!
    Stacey M. Married on 04/30/2021

Kelley is the queen of her craft

Originally I was suppose to have a 150+ person wedding, but with Covid looming we decided to downsize to just immediate family which was 15 people. Kelley was amazing through all of this, and with the last minute changes she handled everything better than even I did! She took my complete vision for the big day at a venue and made it miniature and even added her arbor at my home. She did not skimp on quality, or beauty, or color. I wanted my wedding to scream spring and boy did it. That being said, I was also married on a random 65mph wind and rain day with an outside wedding. Kelley was amazing, she switched and adapted some of the décor to suit the weather and made my dream come alive even with the circumstances we were given. My wedding would not have been as beautiful without her. She is a true talent, my flowers were stunning and I received so many complements, I sent everyone home with a bundle of flowers because they were just to beautiful for just me to enjoy. The only part that makes me sad is not everyone originally invited got to experience the breathtaking talent Kelley has because of Covid, she is truly something special and you cannot go wrong with trusting her with your big day.

Event Studio's reply:

Stacey, you and Matt were a dream to work with. Never once a complaint with all the obstacles of covid, moving locations, doing battle against the wind, being doused with a little rain and cooler than expected temperatures. You were both smiles all day. Your family and friends were awesome and I am so happy you had the best day ever!
    Shannon Married on 11/21/2020

Amazing All Around

My husband and I are SO thankful we found Kelley in the summer of 2019 when we were planning our wedding. Our wedding was scheduled for November of 2020 and the week before our date covid restrictions forced us to move our reception to August of 2021. Kelley kept me sane, she jumped in and helped us plan both our Catholic wedding and our reception, she was always available to talk, she had great ideas, and she went above my wildest dreams. We could not recommend her and her team more they brought my vision to life and I am forever grateful!

Event Studio's reply:

Shannon, it was twice as nice to work with you! I kinda like the ceremony one year, celebration the next. I know it was stressful, but it was perfect! I loved working with you and your mom!
  • Emily
    Emily H. Married on 07/04/2020

July 4th 202 Wedding - Absolutely Perfect!!!

I worked with the Event Studio team for event planning, floral arrangements, and day-of coordinating for my July 4th 2020 wedding. There are not enough good things to say about Kelley Truxel and Allison Kipp. Especially given all of the uncertainty around our wedding due to COVID19, I truly owe so much to the two of them. They are both so thoughtful and they helped make the planning process so easy. They made sure everything the day of our wedding was absolutely stunning and perfect, and I received tons of compliments about Kelley's floral arrangements. I would 10/10 recommend using Event Studio for all of your wedding needs.

Event Studio's reply:

Emily, with all the stress you had to deal with during your planning, it’s unbelievable how easy going you were! You had the best attitude. Your goal was to have a beautiful day with the folks you love and to simply be married. I’m so happy Allison & I could help you. You had me at “I like color” as soon as we started talking together. Congratulations! to you & Butch!
  • Elliott
    Elliott H. Married on 05/16/2020

Incredible service, went above and beyond

Kelley did such an amazing job with our wedding. She went above and beyond expectations. After all the ups and downs we experienced with covid and pushing back our wedding, she made sure she was available to answer all questions. She is what every vendor should strive to be. Then I saw her floral designs at the venue. As soon as I saw her decor, I immediately sobbed uncontrollably. I was so overwhelmed with how beautiful it was. Her team did such a stunning job! I will always remember it! It was such a perfect day!

Event Studio's reply:

Thank you, Elliott! You & Bradley deserved an amazing day with all the craziness of planning a wedding during a pandemic. Our whole team had fun installing the branches! It was our first wedding with the crescent moon arbor. You chose so many unique and beautiful details. You were beautiful, your dress, the cool jackets, you have style!!!
  • Heather
    Heather H. Married on 10/19/2019

Event Studio makes dreams come true!

There are SEVERAL reasons why I loved my experience with Event Studio but I think the best part is that it is a one stop shop for dressing up your venue - decorations, florals, and signs! My now husband and I really enjoyed the planning process, especially the part when Kelly (the owner) invited us to her inventory barn and we got to hand select all the items we wanted at the wedding! It felt like our vision was starting to come to life. Kelley says that they take care of everything and they really do!! Not one detail was missed. As a bride having that piece of mind on my wedding day really meant the world! Not to mention the joy of not having spent thousands of dollars on useless wedding decor and trying to figure out how to re-sell it all after the wedding.

We also used Event Studio for day of coordination and Allison did a great job with our timeline and ensuring everything stayed on track!

We are SOO happy with our decision and would recommend Event Studio time and time again!!!

Event Studio's reply:

Thank you, Heather! We loved working with you and now I’m obsessed with your dog! It was a beautiful day!
  • Rachel
    Rachel A. Married on 10/12/2019

Our Wedding Would Not Have Been the Same Without Kelley!

I will tell every person I know to hire Kelley to transform their wedding vision into reality. Kelley is such a talented individual who has an eye for details and personal touches that help make your Pintrest inspirations become a tangible curated experience. When we went to her home/office to talk finer details and pick out some decorations, I fell in love with her barn where she inventories all of her decorations that you get to hand select for your wedding. When none of the table numbers she offered seemed to fit my vision, Kelley offered to make some table numbers from candle holders she had that matched our theme. We talked about floral design at length, specifying what types of flowers I really liked or wanted to use, and she suggested other flowers that we discussed and decided on. The final result on the day of the wedding was MAGIC. We had our wedding at the Stable at Bluemont Vineyard, and for anyone that is familiar with it, with no decorations it’s essentially an empty barn shell. Kelley’s ability to transform the venue into a rustic romantic environment had everyone swooning. My mom also can’t stop saying enough how wonderful it was to have Kelley’s services include set up and take down. None of my family or other wedding guests had to do a thing at the end of the night to clean up, which was so nice. Kelley also took some personal touches and incorporated them into her execution. She even included some sentimental things, like wrapping my bouquet with part of my mom’s veil, to help make the day even more special. Kelley’s team is top notch, and I cannot thank her enough for the amazing job she did.

Event Studio's reply:

Rachel & Wyatt, this is soooo sweet of you. I remember when we first got together to go through your ideas. I was excited to get to play with your beautiful dusty purple palette. It really was a beautiful day!
    Nothing makes me happier than happy couples and happy families!
    Katherine Married on 10/06/2019

An Amazing Experience!

I don’t even know where to begin with what an amazing job Event Studio did for our wedding! We planned our wedding from California and from the beginning Kelley was extremely responsive, easy to work with and her costs were straightforward.

Finding a florist was one thing I found very overwhelming for our wedding especially being so far away. I knew the vision I wanted but felt like all the “details” on top of the flowers were going to be extra and all I really cared about was that it looked it good. After finding Kelley she let us know her booking fee included everything, and we were able to pick out what we wanted for decor in her storage in Purcellville Va when we met, which included literally everything you could want!

She delivered on everything and more. The bouquets and boutonnières were awesome, the all decor was amazing. She hand paints wedding signs for her clients so she did our main sign, a hashtag sign, and had s’mores table signage, and quiet cell phones sign. There was no bare space at the venue, she knew what details needed to go where. She also made us garlands (we had an Indian fusion wedding) that turned out amazing.

We also used Allison as the event coordinator and she did an amazing job herding people and making sure everything went smooth. They provided reassurance to our families that the rain would clear up, and it did!

Our families are very blunt and don’t hold back how they feel about anything, and they still can’t stop raving about what an amazing job Event Studio did!

If finding a florist/decorator/coordinator is stressing you out, I can’t emphasize enough how much stress was alleviated for us by going with Event Studio! There’s a reason why they book up quickly!

Event Studio's reply:

We had the most fun working with you! I wish you
    both were here in Loudoun. I'd love to work with Neal on filming a wedding here. Are you ready to set up a Loudoun office?
    Your dresses were stunning, both of them. Neal's entrance was so much fun. We loved every detail you both chose. It was a great day!
  • Leah
    Leah B. Married on 09/28/2019

Hire kelley!

Hiring Kelley was not only the easiest decision of our entire wedding planning process, it was the BEST decision we made. I have worked in the wedding industry for 5+ years and I promise you there is not a more talented, dedicated, “above and beyond” planner out there than Kelley and her team at Event Studio. My husband and I really wanted a wedding that was unique to us, from day one Kelley embraced our vision and took it to the next level. I truly cannot count how many guests have told us they have never ever been to a wedding like ours, there was not a single detail overlooked. Kelley and her team worked tirelessly to turn our dream into our reality, when I had moments of “I want this or that, but don’t know how to do it” Kelley was there every time to say “Girl, we can totally do that!!!” And she did it!! And would not stop until it was perfect. Her constant communication and growing excitement for our special day meant so much to us, it is so much more than a job to her, she truly cares about her couples. Because we wanted a unique wedding that came with unique flowers and omg we were in AWE at the floral arrangements, the table scapes, the suspended florals in the tent, etc. they were matched perfectly to our pallet and country boho style!! She truly pulled all the stops for our wedding and she will do the same for yours, if you’re looking for peace of mind with an insanely talented florist & planner than seriously stop looking and hire Kelley at Event Studio!!! It will be the best decision you make!

Event Studio's reply:

I don't think working on your wedding could have been more fun or more fulfilling. What a gorgeous, amazing day! Some times when I'm feeling down about myself (who doesn't have that occasionally?) I can look at your pictures and feel so good about what my little team can do and remember how much I love being a small part of the greatest love stories. Let's do it again. Seriously. It was that much fun. Plus, you guys looked so awesome, don't you want to put on that dress and that suit and dance that dance, eat that food and raise that glass all over again?
  • Debbie
    Debbie Married on 09/27/2019

Gorgeous florals, beautiful design, great value!!

Kelley was an absolute dream to work with. To be honest, I was absolutely lost when it came to wedding florals and design, but Kelley answered every question I had and seamlessly blended some of my vision/ideas with her own-- and the end result was spectacular! She's much more than a florist-- she's got a full design and floral business, and let me tell you, she's everything you need for your wedding!

I couldn't have asked for a better vendor to work with. Kelley's got an incredible eye for great design, beautiful colors and small details. She graciously created a drink sign and gifted us a beautiful welcome sign for our reception!

My husband and I loved how interactive the planning process was with Kelley. We were able to walk through her inventory & choose the exact details/elements we wanted for our big day. I highly recommend Kelley for your wedding floral and design needs!

Event Studio's reply:

Thank you so much, Debbie! I loved working with you and Zack. I am still swooning over your photos. Dreamy doesn't seem to be descriptive enough. A wedding day doesn't have to be perfect, but it definitely can be! Your wedding was just perfect. ;)
  • Arianne
    Arianne G. Married on 08/31/2019

Exactly what I had imagined in my head!

We used Event Studio for our flowers and for our wedding coordination. Although our reception was in a very large barn, I had my heart set on a “romantic garden” style wedding. I was so nervous about how it was going to turn out because I wanted more than what we really had in our budget. Kelley literally took my 100 plus pins on my Pinterest board and turned it into exactly what I had imagined in my head. From the bouquets to the chandeliers, the center pieces, the drapes, all of the greenery that was hung, she just completely nailed it!! Kelley and her team worked so hard the day of the wedding, and it was everything we could dream of!

Event Studio's reply:

Can we just do this again? It was an amazing night! Your dress was perfection and you were gorgeous! Kevin is the sweetest guy. No wonder you married him. He said do whatever we could to get the draping over the dance floor for you!
  • Carly
    Carly P. Married on 08/24/2019

Gorgeous Florals & Decor, Plus Day-of-Coordination!

Choosing Event Studio to handle the flowers, decor, and day of coordination was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day! Kelley and her team go above and beyond to add the perfect touches to your venue and to ensure your day goes without any hiccups! So many of my guests commented that the flowers throughout my venue were the most gorgeous they had ever seen! Before your wedding day, you have a design meeting with Kelley to talk about what you have in mind for the florals and decor for your venue, and then you get to hand select pieces from her huge inventory of items for your centerpieces, decorations for your ceremony area and so much more! Kelley is a pro at what she does, and can help you with any questions you may have regarding her direct services and just general questions about your bringing wedding day together. I also hired Kelley for the day of coordination, and I am so thankful that I did! What she provides is so much more than "day of" coordination. I was in contact with Kelley all throughout the year or so prior to my wedding, and there is no way I could have brought everything together without her help! On the day of, Sarah from the Event Studio team also assisted with the day-of coordination. Both Sarah and Kelley were perfect at making my family and bridal party feel comfortable and ready to enjoy the day. Sarah was so attentive and helpful, and always made sure my family and bridal party had what they needed. She made sure we stuck to our timeline as best as possible, and was always a step ahead in working with our vendors whenever we needed to make any adjustments. I am so thankful for Kelley, Sarah and the entire Event Studio team for making my dream wedding a reality! It was absolutely perfect!

Event Studio's reply:

Carly, thank you so much for such a beautiful review. It was really easy to work with you and your family. From the day you came to visit with your MiL, Tina, I knew your wedding would be just perfect!
  • Marilyn
    Marilyn P. Married on 07/13/2019

Best Florist and Design team - top notch Loudoun county Florist

As the Mother of the Bride all I wanted to do is make my daughters and future son in laws wedding dreams come true. Kelley and her team at Event Studio made all that possible beyond anything we had ever imagined at Shadow Creek Wedding & Events July 13, 2019. From our first phone call about her services, to our planning meeting in her studio home, to the masterpiece picture she paints for each bride and groom, to our weekly chats and lots of changes throughout the process - Kelley was remarkable! At one point during the planning she offered to go and look at farm tables with us and she was not even our coordinator. She offered great thoughts and we knew the day would be special. What we did not expect is how beautiful, perfect and spectacular the actual day would be. I can’t describe in words the overwhelming emotion we all had that day with the beauty that Kelley delivered. Every single person at our wedding were amazed with the flowers. The last thing I will share is my daughter brought an idea to Kelley that had never been done at Shadow Creek and she wanted Chandelier Roses around the four poles that shape the dance floor. Well what Event Studio did was nothing short of fantastic. We walked into the reception area and I cried with happiness. Event Studio is the best - and pricing was so reasonable and thoughtful of our event. Thank you Kelley and team for the magical day you created for Michelle and Andrew!
    Patrick T. Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing Floral Arrangements, Highly Recommended!

Kelley is truly amazing! It was such a pleasure for my wife and I to work with her. She is kind, professional, responsive, and very helpful! We sat down with her and in only a few minutes of talking, my wife and I felt like she knew exactly what our vision was for our wedding. In addition to that, she was able to provide, from her extensive inventory, all of the decorations that were needed to realize our vision. Finally, her floral arrangements were absolutely stunning and exactly what we had hoped for. We could not be happier with our decision to work with Kelley, and highly recommend Event Studios!

Event Studio's reply:

It was so much fun working with you. Sofie should model wedding dresses. I loved watching your video and hearing all the beautiful things your families said about you two. What a great day!
  • Jan
    Jan L. Married on 07/04/2019

Event Studio offers peace of mind to MOB

My daughter returned from her Peace Corp Service in SA and decided she wanted to marry her SA love ASAP. With little time to plan for a July 4th Wedding, I turned to Event Studio to design her bouquets and flowers for her wedding. I can honestly say that Kelley Truxel was so easy to work with and her beautiful work made our daughter's day so complete! She offered peace of mind to Alyssa and I are this very special day!

Event Studio's reply:

You would think that designing a wedding within a short amount of time would be challenging, but it was a breeze! I'm so happy that you and Alyssa were thrilled with the day. It really was awesome--all your best friends and family that traveled from so far away to share a wonderful night capped off with fireworks!
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Married on 06/08/2019

Stunning florals

Kelley was an absolute miracle worker for our wedding. Unlike most florists, she does both decor and flowers. I personally do not have an eye for that type of stuff, and it was hard to put into words what I even wanted. Kelley walked me through the whole process seamlessly, and trusting her with the decor and flower arrangements was the best decision I've ever made. When I walked into the venue, I was absolutely stunned at its beauty.
  • Paul-Kate
    Paul-Kate E. Married on 04/28/2019

Beauty, Vision, and Organization

Kelley (florist) and Allison (Day of Coordinator) from Event Studios made our wedding day flawless. The arrangements were lovely with an arbor, barrel toppers, head table spread, three different styles of centerpieces, and many other smaller touches. They also used our signs, photos, and other decorations to make the space truly reflect us as a couple. Everyone says that you can’t have a wedding without something going wrong but if anything went wrong at ours, it was dealt with without our assistance. We got many compliments on the flowers and how beautifully decorated the space was. They were both easy to work with and in addition to the flowers Kelley hand painted us a corresponding welcome sign.
  • Lois
    Lois B. Married on 04/12/2019

The best wedding ever!

There are not enough adjectives or words to express how blown away we were with Kelley and the work that she did for my daughter's wedding in April. We had a vision, we had Pinterest boards - but it is so hard to convey a vision to someone else. Kelley caught and executed our vision beyond our wildest hopes and dreams. She did the flowers, tablescapes and day-of coordinating. The flowers were beyond amazing - they were stunning, gorgeous, spectacular - again, there are not enough adjectives to do justice to what Kelley created.
    As the day-of coordinator - Kelley helped us think through all of the details of the day, helping us think about things that we didn't even know we needed to think about!
    The day went off so smoothly - if there were any hiccups - we didn't know about them. We were all able to thoroughly enjoy the day without having to worry about anything! Kelley was kind, patient and invested. I felt like she cared about this wedding as much as we all cared about the wedding.
    Hiring Kelley was the best decision we made. I wish I had another wedding to plan so I could work with her again!

Event Studio's reply:

Lois! This is the kindest sweetest review! You all were so much fun to work with. I loved all the choices you & Caty made. You all kicked off my season in the best possible way! It was an awesome wedding for sure!
  • K Esmonde
    K Esmonde Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful flowers and decor

If you are having a wedding in the DC/Virginia area, you should get in touch with Kelley and Event Studio as soon as possible! She was such a pleasure to work with from start to finish.

Before we met, Kelley put together a beautiful proposal based on our budget and our wedding Pinterest board. This attention to detail and creativity is what makes Kelley the best-- she takes your vision and makes it happen, even if you cannot fully articulate it yourself. We met up with her a few months later to finalize the contract and to pick out items from her extensive stock. Working with Kelley saved us from having to rent things like lanterns and crates and from a year of saving every Mason jar we use. She has tons of beautiful wedding items that you can use for free the day of! Kelley really took care of everything: the flower crowns our ring bearers wore, the greenery necklaces for our dogs who walked down the aisle, the flowers on our cake, and flowers on a chair in the front row for my mom who passed away in the year before our wedding. Kelley even made burgundy pom-poms because I told her I was inspired by decorative hoops with flowers and balloons on them!

We got so many compliments on our wedding decor, and it was all because of Kelley. She truly knows what she's doing and will make your vision happen. Working with Event Studio saved me so much stress because I knew that she could handle anything, like last-minute requests and inclement weather.
    Kelly Married on 10/27/2018

Kelley and team are incredible!

I was the type of bride who had a vision but not the keen eye for how it would be executed or interest/time in trying to think through every last detail myself and Kelley took my simple ideas and made my wedding at Bluemont absolutely stunning. All of the flowers were GORGEOUS and her decore ideas just perfect for my outside ceremony at Bluemont and indoor reception in the Stable. Her style is impeccable, unique to each bride/wedding and she is so kind and wonderful to work with. So so many compliments from my guests and if I could do it again, Kelley and her team are my go-tos 10x over. I feel so lucky to have had such a stunning wedding and to have had the opportunity to work with Kelley. Thank you Event Studio!

Event Studio's reply:

Kelly & Paul were so easy to work with. They knew what they wanted -- beautiful color choices, classic style -- and they were comfortable to let our team execute it all. Kelly's bouquet was a stunner! We don't ever have repeat clients (thank goodness!), but it's a shame we don't get to collaborate again :)
    Karen Married on 10/06/2018
    Kelley and Event Studio were recommended to us by our photographer, Jessica Smith Photography, who said that if she were planning a wedding in the DC area, Kelley would be the first person she'd call. We heeded her advice and met with Kelley. Simply put, Kelley has vision.... and an entire basement full of everything you could ever want for any style event. She has an incredible way of turning your ideas into more than you could have thought possible. The flowers at our wedding were absolutely beautiful. Kelley also made our seating chart and programs, brought our card box, and painted a gorgeous welcome sign. (She'll say she's mediocre at painting but that's just flatly untrue!) Allison was our coordinator and our event flowed unbelievably smoothly. I can't recommend Event Studio enough!

Event Studio's reply:

You & Andy will always be among the easiest couples we have worked with! We loved your color choices and really had fun creating your dream day—especially the gorgeous gazebo. You were so beautiful. You both looked like you stepped out of the pages of a magazine.