Event Media Production Reviews

30 | Annapolis, MD

30 Reviews for Event Media Production

1 User photo

Laszlo · Married on 06/23/2012

Thank you Event Media Production for the wonderful experience! They filmed my wedding in a highly professional way and everything was excellent! Their team is very flexible and easy to work with! Our wedding video was stunning and they manage to capture all the beautiful moments of our special day! I would totally recommend Event Media Production if you are seeking for a professional videography company!

Sent on 02/20/2013

Desi · Married on 06/19/2011

The pleasure of working with EVENT MEDIA PRODUCTION cannot be described with a few words. Emil and Anna were very professional but at the same time made us feel as they are our old friends. They worked towards making us happy and responded to our numerous requests. We were pleased with EVENT MEDIA PRODUCTION’s ability to capture every cherished by us moment and save it for years to come. The DVD is stunning quality and we could not have asked for more! Great job team!

Sent on 02/20/2013

Swati · Married on 03/29/2014

Long overdue review! We got married last year in March 2014 and we are very happy with our video. EMP worked hard and captured our wedding so well! It was so nice to relive our day through all the moments they captured! If I have one thing I could change is just the ability to select better music for the highlights video since that is something we like sharing with our friends and family. But everything else was perfect and we were very happy with our video :) Thank you Event Media Production!

Sent on 05/11/2015
  • Chelsea

Chelsea L. · Married on 06/01/2019

3.0

Highly Recommended - Great Product at a Fair Price!

Event Media Production was wonderful! It took some time to receive our videos (which may have felt longer than it was due to anxiously wanting to relive the day!) but we were SO PLEASED with the final product. We requested a few changes but they accommodated us flawlessly! Also for the products we received (5 minute highlight and a 30 minute full video) I thought they were very fairly priced. We will cherish our videos forever! Thank you!

Sent on 03/20/2020

Event Media Production's reply:

Thank you, Chelsea! Indeed, it may feel longer when you are anxiously waiting to relive such a beautiful day. We are always focused on quality. We want to ensure that all our couples love the final product, this is why we addressed all of your follow up requests on the initial video. Thank you again for your kind words and for including us in your special day.
  • F

Fatima · Married on 07/20/2019

Okay videography

We worked with Event Media Production for our wedding (which was last summer, so well before COVID, thankfully), and it was a bit of a mixed bag. We met one of the owners in person and she seemed lovely and was very helpful in working through the contract and clarifying what would be included, such as access to all raw footage. We didn’t meet our videographer in person until the day of the wedding, but we had a call with him to talk about his style and he seemed like a great fit. He was a bit rough around the edges sometimes and he seemed rushed while filming, but he was funny and kind. The raw footage he got was, for the most part, also beautiful and it captured the emotional moments very well. There were some things that I was surprised he missed, like my husband’s expression when I started walking down the aisle and full-body shots of our first dance, which means I disappear from the frame each time my husband dips me. That was disappointing. The highlight video they put together missed moments that felt important to us, too, like the flower girls and ring bearers walking down the aisle, but we shared our feedback and ended up with a clip that we liked. The full-length video took a long time to put together – weeks longer than the 18-week maximum that was stated in our contract – and we were so underwhelmed by it. The transitions from one part of the day to the next were choppy, at best, and they entirely left out our reception. We went from the ceremony to the cake-cutting to the grand exit. We felt so deflated watching it, and we ended up looking through the raw footage and seeing so many incredible moments that we wished had been included. We appreciate that they needed to stay within a time limit for the full-length video, but if they had talked to us for five minutes on the phone about what mattered to us they could have delivered a great product. We expected a much better result with the cost of their service and the way they advertise themselves as cinematic storytellers. Our story was well-captured by the videographer but not the editor, so my husband edited the full-length video they sent to include some of the most precious moments so we could have a wedding video we actually enjoy watching. If you decide to hire them for your wedding, I would highly encourage you to request all the raw footage in case you have a similar experience.

Sent on 07/22/2020

Event Media Production's reply:

Hi Fatima! Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to improve, so we appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review. I will do my best to address some of your concerns. I am not sure what you mean by the videographer “was a bit rough around the edges sometimes”. It would have been helpful to contact me with this concern right after the wedding so I can address the issue. In fact, your words were: “Lawrence did a great job capturing many big and small moments throughout our day, which we absolutely loved to see.” Our clients always have the last say in the editing part. That’s why we addressed all your suggestions for the highlight and delivered a product you loved. This is a quote from the email you sent regarding the highlight: “What a beautiful video! I got teary-eyed watching this and seeing all the kids. Thank you for making the edits. The short video is fabulous - thank you so much for making it perfect for us!!” Regarding the longer version of the video, I informed you from the first time we’ve met that this will include: the full ceremony, first dance, speeches, cake cutting. Basically, the most important moments. If the 45 min have been reached after editing these moments, we are not obligated to include parts from the reception. Also, the 45 minutes are edited in a standard style, and not cinematic. This was a special package that you decided purchasing and the price was customized and considerably lower in comparison to the other packages. This was your choice of the package and I hope you agree when I say you were fully aware from the beginning of what was included. We do offer the opportunity to add more edited footage for an extra cost, but since you have never contacted us regarding this until now, we did not know you were not satisfied. Also, this special package includes one videographer and since we proudly call ourselves cinematic storytellers, we like to get candid shots during the first dance, and not a wide shot. I am sorry that the cinematic style is not one that fits your taste. The raw footage was an additional item we added to your special package. Regarding the timeline, yes, there were delays, but we were focusing on addressing all your concerns to the video. Once we need to re-edit parts of the video, we need to put in additional hours of work. I am sure you understand. Once again, thank you for providing us this valuable feedback and please feel free to contact me via email if you have additional suggestions. Thank you!