Event Lighting Concepts Reviews

45 | Eliot, ME

45 Reviews for Event Lighting Concepts

Erin · Married on 11/03/2018

Made our venue warm & inviting

We got married at the Red Barn at Outlook Farm, and had bistro lighting above our ceremony & dance floor. The lights looked spectacular and really added to the ambiance of our venue. I am thrilled with how the lights look in our ceremony and reception photos and am so grateful for Event Lighting Concepts.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Allison · Married on 10/01/2016

I highly recommend Event Lighting Concepts for any of your event lighting needs. The team was extremely helpful and professional. Jon Roy was my point of contact and he helped a very indecisive bride like myself create the most beautiful wedding day I ever could have imagined. When I entered the tent I was blown away at how Jon made my vision come to life. The communication between ELC and myself through the entire process was above and beyond amazing. The team was also able to work seamlessly with all our vendors without any involvement from me - just what a bride needs! If you have any lighting and DJ needs for your wedding look no further as you will be in the best hands. We used Nick Teti with Revolution DJ and he was also incredible. I keep saying that it is truly the people included in your day that make it so special, and I feel lucky and grateful to have worked with Event Lighting Concepts and our DJ Nick - they were truly awesome and made our day amazing. Thank you Jon, Nick and the entire team!

Sent on 01/02/2017
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 07/30/2016

I would highly suggest booking Event Lighting Concepts. They did an unbelievable job conveying what I wanted into the light display. I wrapped lights around the posts and beams of On The Marsh in Kennebunk, Maine and I'm so glad we spent the extra money on it! They were great to work with and the execution was on point. It was the first time the venue had approved putting lighting up like that and the owner loved it so much she mentioned doing it for Christmas Prelude in Kennebunk!! They did a magical job!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Anna · Married on 07/16/2016

ELC did an incredible job for our wedding! From the start, Luke and Jon were easy to talk to and they helped me figure out a lighting design that fit within our budget and our style. They created a fully-custom piece for us that looked like a million bucks (and wasn't!). They took care of all the details including hanging it up with no damage to the building, and building it in a way that concealed the electrical wiring. To this day I am not quite sure how they engineered it, but it was stunningly beautiful and exactly what we wanted. Numerous guests commented on how amazing the lighting was and how impressed they were. We hadn't originally considered doing lights because they sound so expensive, and custom lights at that, but they totally made a design work within our budget, so if you were thinking you can't afford lights, go ahead and have a chat with them because they are awesome! I would definitely use them again :)

Sent on 07/20/2016

Jourdan · Married on 07/16/2016

Event Lighting Concepts was wonderful at both our wedding and rehearsal dinner! The uplighting totally transformed the US Custom house into a historic dreamy romantic venue. It was breath taking! ELC also worked with us for our wedding on an island with no cars or stores, they were so flexible with our difficult logistics and lit up the entire property for guests ease and setting the mood. It was absolutely perfect. ELC is the best resource for lighting and draping!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/11/2016

They were really able to work with me and understand my lighting vision for underneath a tent for my wedding. Jon was awesome to work with

Sent on 07/19/2016

Kristina · Married on 06/11/2016

Hiring Event Lighting Concepts to add Bistro Lighting and Lanterns to our venue was the best decision! They were responsive and easy to work with providing quotes and layouts for us to choose from and had everything set up and ready to go on our wedding day without any issues. The lighting made such an impact in our space, it rained during our outdoor/tent wedding day but everyone still talked about how beautiful it was in part due to the extra touches from Event Lighting Concepts!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Amy · Married on 06/05/2016

ELC did a fantastic job of providing the lighting for our wedding. Communication was easy from the start, and Jon made himself accessible to make sure sure that all of our needs were met. The lighting was beautiful, and we received many compliments on the ambiance of the room. Thanks, ELC!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Luke was the dj for our ceremony/reception. EVERYONE was on the dance floor at one point or another, which is exactly what we wanted! We couldn't have been happier with his service. By the end of the night we had so many compliments from our guests about what a great dj he is. There was even a minor hiccup when our photographer was looking for a ladder for a large group photo and was gone for awhile, and he managed it beautifully by just transitioning into the next dance on the list and coming back to it when our photographer returned. He was so easy to work with through the process. Very responsive to emails and phone calls. He has an open and honest line of communication with each meeting/phone call. My new husband and I have agreed that he was by far the best choice we made during wedding planning (other than to marry each other!) ;) Our photographer even gave him a rave review saying that he was the best to work with from a vendor's perspective.

Sent on 12/07/2015

ELC did the lighting for our ceremony, we were going for a rustic look in a hiking lodge and the bistro style lighting was perfect. Their reps came in and worked very independently, which was huge because we did most of the coordinating by ourselves and not having to interact much with them took a huge load off. Everything looked great and best of all, we had only paid for lighting on the second day of our event (the actual ceremony) but since their reps arrived the night before, they got the dining room lighted in time for the rehearsal/welcome dinner at no extra cost! It really saved us because we also didn't have enough time to put most of the decorations out the first night, but the lighting really made the room look perfect.

Sent on 11/15/2015

The lights really made the yard look fabulous! It was well worth the money and we highly recommend this company.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Julia · Married on 09/12/2015

We used Event Lighting Concepts for our wedding in September at the Portland Company. They did an outstanding job! I will absolutely use them again for future events. Jon was easy to work with, professional, helpful with last minute changes, and worked within our budget. He gave us different options and made it easy to understand for someone who is not working in lighting every day. The final product looked exactly how I pictured it! Thank you for a job well done!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Amy · Married on 09/06/2015

The uplights brought our wedding ceremony and reception that extra touch that we needed to make it perfect! The staff met with us to go over the directions to use the lights. They pre-programmed the exact color that we wanted so that we just had to turn them on once we placed them. Light shields were supplied at no extra charge. Returning the lights was flexible for a day that was convenient for us after the wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2015

ELC was excellent! They were professional and timely with their responses. They were very accommodating to our needs and the lighting was exactly as I had imagined it. Great job!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Kasie · Married on 06/06/2015

We were so pleased with the up-lighting for our beautiful Sperry Tent. Because it got dark so late in the evening we were apprehensive to spend thousands of dollars on different decorative lights and Event Lighting Concepts suggested to use our special tent up lighting for the primary light source as well. It looked magnificent and we saved about 1/2 the price as well. They were prompt and the process was seamless. The lights were one of the highlights from the day. Thank you!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Abigail · Married on 12/31/2014

We used ELC for our NYE wedding. For both our ceremony site and our reception venue. It was absolutely gorgeous and totally transformed both spaces into a magical beautiful wedding dream!!! We recommend them times 100 to anyone planning any type of event!!!

Abigail & Annette Dudarewicz
    12.31.14

Sent on 01/02/2015

Event Lighting Concepts and Jon Roy did a magnificent job in all areas helping to make our big day exactly what we had wished for. No need to look any further than Event Lighting Concepts.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Jeff did an absolutely incredible job with the uplighting. He took a somewhat dated/dark space and made it glow with glamour and beauty. Guests at our wedding were commenting on how good it looked all night and even after. I love looking at the pictures and seeing how he made the space so special for us. I highly recommend this company for your uplighting needs!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Eric · Married on 01/25/2014

We had Jeff as our DJ for our wedding at LaBelle Winery in Jan. We met with Jeff a few times before our event and every time he was very professional. He listened to our requests as quirky as they might have been. When the big day came, he made sure to check in with us and double check everything. Jeff kept the night rocking and everyone up and dancing for the whole night.

Sent on 03/02/2014

nikki · Married on 11/09/2013

Event uplighting was amazing! They were easy to work with and had the most affordable prices we could find and they keep a technician at the venue the entire night! Our technician for the night was Jon and he was wonderful! He contacted us a few days before the wedding to go over our color theme so he could give us lights that would match, the bridesmaids were in plum with fall colored flowers. They lighted our ceremony and our reception our ceremony was done in purple lights that looked stunning in pictures and our reception spaced started out in an array of fall colors that was amazing! As the night went on Jon changed the lights to the music!! I was so much fun to be on the dance floor with the lights changing around you, it never looked "cheesy or like you were at a state fair" it just looked amazing. All of our guests were in awe watching the lights change! Event lighting concepts is definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/21/2013

nikki · Married on 11/09/2013

Sent on 11/21/2013

Katie · Married on 11/01/2013

Event lighting was able to do the lighting for our reception and they did an absolutely fantastic job. Originally I had thought that our venue was perfect because the ballroom we had the wedding in was beige which would work well with our décor. Our DJ pointed out though that rooms like that can tend to wash out because everything is the same color. We decided to go with Event lighting and it was a great decision. The room looked beautiful all lit up and as the night progressed it added some wonderful ambiance! Their attention to detail was great, and I was surprised by how creative they were. For instance, we had a candy bar, which when setup looked nice, but Event lighting added LED coasters underneath the vases and candy and it looked spectacular!! I would absolutely recommend this company for any and all lighting you need!

Sent on 08/10/2015

allison · Married on 10/19/2013

ELC were so courteous and checked in all night just wanting to make sure everything was perfect. They really seemed to care about the quality of their work. If you are going through Music Man DJ service, they provide an AMAZING discount. Totally worth every penny, as it really brought my wedding to the next level. It provided the perfect party atmosphere without being over the top.

Sent on 11/13/2013

We had a great wedding and it would not have been possible without Jeff Erwin and Event Concepts Lighting. The days events were flawless and Jeff helped move things a long to make sure everyone had a great time and kept dancing. Our wedding was at the Red Barn at Outlook Farm and the coordination that Katie and Jeff provide from the Red Barn made this a very special day.

Sent on 10/25/2013

mallory · Married on 09/21/2013

I have to admit I didn't think about lighting for my wedding until a few weeks prior to the event. I contacted Event Lighting Concepts and they quickly responded and were extremely helpful and professional. I only spoke with one of the guys (Jon) for a few minutes on the phone and told him exactly what I wanted and he made sure to contact me a few days before the wedding to confirm all the details.
    When i walked into my reception I was totally blown away by how amazing the uplighting made the venue look. It was beyond obvious that Jon listened to exactly how I wanted my event to look and executed it flawlessly. The added lighting to the sweetheart table, cake table and coaster lights for the candy bar, added a special touch. The whole event was classy, elegant and most importantly fun. I know a lot of that is thanks to the added lighting and the dedication of Event Lighting Concepts. I would recommend this company to any bride looking to make her wedding a memorable one!! My guests still talk about how great the event looked! So don't save the lighting for last!! :)

Sent on 10/17/2013