Event Envy Reviews

43 | Reston, VA

43 Reviews for Event Envy

Everything was great, thank you very much for all your help.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Wedding decorations were amazing and we would use your services in the future.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Event Envy's reply:

Thank you very much for the positive review!!

Sina · Married on 11/21/2015

Event Envy made our wedding! There was not a single person that congratulated us all night that didn't also compliment the décor of the room/tables/stage. This was the best decision I feel like we made in the entire wedding. They are such sweet, kind people that work with your budget and really make everything as stress free and easy as possible for the bride and groom.

I recently got married and I was in the market for a decorator. This is what I found was the hardest part of wedding planning; researching vendors/looking into 10 or more to gauge the market/reaching out to them/playing phone and email tag etc. I just wanted to get to the point and know if a specific vendor was within my budget. I was finding that it would take vendors a few days to respond to me and they would be very vague with what they could do for me and the price it would cost.

One day, I found Event Envy online. I got a phone call back within an hour and when I spoke to them I finally felt they I found a vendor that was on the same page as me. Answered my questions clearly and didn't just give me a lot of fluff to get my business. I automatically felt comfortable and that I was in good hands. Fast forward to our wedding; I walked in and the room took my breath away! Event Envy created EXACTLY what I imagined and made it even more beautiful!!! Working with them was so easy leading up to the wedding. They are extremely responsive, kind and professional. They worked with me to help me stay within my budget which was very important to me! I will never forget walking into the reception of my wedding and being astonished at how beautiful it was! I am SOOO HAPPY I found event envy!! I will forever recommend them to anyone getting married/engaged/has any kind of event!

I hope to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Sina,
    Thank you so much for the incredible review! Likewise you were a wonderful client to work with. Congratulations again to you and Sani!

We had a great experience with Event Envy. They were great to work with and did a great job for our large Diwali event. They went above and beyond to accommodate last minute requests, and to find the perfect statues and diyas. They were also fantastic in the setup, came early and with enough people to get everything done quickly and stress free, we were even able to start the event early because they finished setting up so quickly. We already booked them for next year and I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/14/2016

Gurleen · Married on 09/19/2015

I am not sure where to begin because Aamina and Mehdi really made our wedding very special and one to remember. We received so many and I mean so many compliments for our decor! They were so easy to work with and knew exatly what I wanted! They worked hard to make sure they presented what we wanted, everything was just so perfect! The communication was a breeze! They were always there to address all questions and concerns. One of the things we loved about them was that they were very honest about everything. They came prepared with so many ideas and which really helped us! From what I had envisioned, they delivered so much more! Thank you guys so much from the bottom of our hearts! I will defnitely be referring others your way!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Hi Gurleen,
    I didn't even realize we could respond to reviews until just recently :) but since now I know, just wanted to thank you again for allowing us to be part of your special day and for the positive review. Looking forward to seeing you and Amit sometime in the near future.

-Mehdi
  • Z

Zubeda · Married on 09/12/2015

It was very quick response and on time, it was set up everything the way I wanted and pick up on time. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 01/01/2016

Event Envy's reply:

Zubeda, thank you for your kind words!

Emily · Married on 09/05/2015

Oh my gosh... Event Envy really made my wedding. I got TONS of compliments on my decor. I really can't say enough good things. Mehdi was wonderful to work with. He really understood what I was trying to get across, even when I couldn't articulate it. I really appreciated him going above and beyond to really make my vision come to life. Through out the whole process, I told everyone that there were only two people who helped to ease my stress about my wedding- my fiance and Mehdi! Very professional, beautiful decor, easy to work with, and affordable make Event Envy an incredible value.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Event Envy's reply:

Hi Emily, I didn't know we could respond to reviews until recently or I would have wrote you sooner but thank you for the nice review! I enjoyed working with you and Monty. Appreciate the opportunity and I hope Event Envy is around to decorate your 25th anniversary party ;)

Very easy to work with and very helpful

Sent on 08/27/2015

Prem · Married on 07/18/2015

Mehdi and Amina did a beautiful job on our special day. They were wonderful to work with. We wanted to have a simple, yet elegant stage for our reception. It was absolutely stunning. Mehdi and Amina were open to feedback and incorporated many of our ideas into their design. We are so thankful to have found them. They made our day magical!

Prem and Sarah

Sent on 01/31/2016

Event Envy's reply:

Prem/Sarah, thank you so much for the compliments and kind words. You guys were an absolute pleasure to work with...very prepared, open, responsive, and just nice people! Wishing you the best of success, happiness, and health. - Mehdi & Amina

Mina · Married on 06/06/2015

We met with Mehdi first and right off we loved his enthusiasm, honesty and professionalism. We later met with Amina who was extremely helpful bringing all our ideas together. The decorations were beyond our expectations and everyone complemented on the stage throughout the night. Mehdi and Amina make a great team and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Nadia · Married on 05/24/2015

The Event Envy team did an absolutely phenomenal job with the mehndi and reception décor for my South Asian wedding.

For the mehndi, I wanted a Moroccan themed event, and they delivered with a beautiful stage area and cushions and seating for our guests as well as centerpieces.

For the wedding décor, they worked with me to create a stage design and centerpieces that achieved the look and feel that I was envisioning. I actually ended up changing my mind about the stage design two months before the wedding and they took it in stride and delivered exactly what I had in mind ( only better!).

They were extremely responsive via email and text/phone to all of my questions and concerns and made sure to stay in my budget while delivering a beautiful set up for both events. They presented me with various options for centerpieces and had recommendations as far as lighting and room arrangement as well. We received so many compliments on the wedding décor and it was an extremely relaxed and worry free process working with the Event Envy team. I highly recommend booking Event Envy for your wedding and would not hesitate to work with them again.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Kanwar · Married on 01/03/2015

I will like to say that my fiance and I are extremely happy with their service for the event. They were on time, they are personable, and of course their work is impeccable. I would highly suggest this person or company to anyone looking for this particular service. Amina and her husband were very professional and wonderful to work with. Both are very talented and I was very pleased with their stage design, I could have not asked for anything better for our engagement party. Throughout the whole process Amina was very attentive and always ready to answer my questions and give suggestions. I was truly a pleasure working with both of them.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Radha · Married on 11/08/2014

I recently worked with Event Envy on wedding decorations and coordination. It was truly a pleasure.

Before I booked with Event Envy I met with several wedding planners- but it was never quite right. In retrospect it must have been because very few people are as professional, friendly and positive as Amina and Mehdi. It is also shocking how little they charge for their services considering the quality.

For example, both Amina and Mehdi are incredibly prompt at answering questions and punctual to your meetings. They will not waste your time and they'll give you their undivided attention. Simply put, they are focused and courteous.

Further, as wedding professionals they will flag potential problems and work with you to propose solutions. Where others would create panic, they reassure. They are such sweet, kind people- they have exactly the energy you want to surround yourself with on your wedding day!!

Finally, they will listen to you. They aren't interested in planning an event that doesn't fit your vision and REALLY want to see you happy. If you take their advice and don't sweat the small stuff you WILL have an awesome (stress-free and beautiful) wedding.

Best of luck Amina and Mehdi! We were SO lucky to get to work with you.

Sent on 11/21/2014

We worked with Event Envy for our wedding in October and it was the best decision we made! Amina and Mehdi are a fantastic team. She worked with us to plan the details of our two-day affair (a mehndi and a wedding) and he executed the details of our décor beautifully. Our wedding fused together American, Scottish, Pakistani, and Jewish traditions, so it was no small feat for Amina and Mehdi to make it all feel seamless. The back drop for our mehndi was stunning, and the rest of the room looked gorgeous. We were married under a lovely “chuppa” and had a stage for our reception that balanced our need for some Pakistani styling with our western tastes. They struck the perfect balance. And Amina handled all the logistics of coordinating our day with such grace and charm that it started to feel like she was a bridesmaid rather than one of our vendors! They did all of this at a very reasonable price, which allowed us to spend on some other details we didn’t think we’d be able to include. Amina was also very helpful in suggesting other vendors who met our style and budget- and they were all terrific, too. Whether you need help with décor and lighting or wedding planning and coordination, we can’t recommend Event Envy highly enough. They made our wedding weekend magical and easy for us, which is priceless

Sent on 05/25/2015
  • U

Usha · Married on 06/20/2014

Event Envy-truly made my sister's wedding magical!! Working with Amina & Mehdi was a true pleasure, from just one meeting they were able to create a design to match her wedding vision. For the wedding my sister wanted a modern design mandap with traditional accents including lots of crystals, lights and flowly fabric. Amina and Mehdi designed, created and flawlessly executed this vision with ease and simplicity. They both have a great sense of style, an excellent eye for design and their attention to detail really sets them apart from others. Amina and Mehdi were professional with calming personalities and flexible with any requests we made. Their communication and responsiveness was on point. Their dedication and enjoyment in what they do is definitely shown in their work. Thank you Amina and Mehdi for helping make my sister's wedding day extra special.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Event Envy set up an absolutely stunning backdrop for our engagement ceremony. Mehdi worked with us closely a week prior to the event to make sure we got exactly what we were looking for so that there weren't any surprises. He gave us exactly what we wanted and much more. We look forward to working with Event Envy for our wedding next year, and can't wait to see what they come up with! :)

Thanks Event Envy! All our guests are still calling us to tell us how beautiful the entire setup was!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Ayesha · Married on 01/08/2016

Mehdi was very helpful! He co-ordinated all the colors as I had imagined!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Event Envy's reply:

Ayesha, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Nasrin · Married on 09/12/2015

Mahdi was very professional detail oriented and created the most beautiful stage which was based on customization. Everyone at the wedding commented and asked who created. I recommend event envy for upcoming clients.

Sent on 09/17/2015