Event Concepts Reviews

Event Concepts 5
Event Concepts 6
Event Concepts 7

Thomas · Married on 11/06/2016

Being our event was for a vow renewal and a smaller group, we were concerned if having a DJ would be awkward. Steve vastly exceeded our expectations and we are so happy we went with him, his music selection and upbeat manner appealed to everyone at the event. Even days after the event people would mention to us how well he did and that they were amazed how he got everyone, and I mean everyone out on the dance floor for the last couple of songs! If we ever have an event in the area again he will be our first call. Our event was selected by Disney to be featured as one of their top events for their weddings blog and we believe in no small part this is owed to the success we had with Steve. Thank you!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Laurie · Married on 10/29/2016

Steve and Adriana were SO easy to work with and my event was PERFECT. They listened to our ideas and followed through on all of them. We got to incorporate all the songs we wanted to and they tailored the rest of the reception so that everything flowed well. I got so many compliments on how everything kept moving, it didn't get stagnant, and how great the music was. We opened up the reception with a group dance that got everyone on the dance floor and then the party got started by there. Steve kept checking on us throughout the night to make sure that we were happy with what he was doing. The photobooth was a HUGE hit-- they gave us hard copy of every photo at the end of the night. Everyone loved it. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2016

Book this DJ today !! Before he's booked and your wedding suffers for it!! Seriously, he's the best DJ ever, he took our wedding to a whole other level. We just got married last Friday and people are still telling us how fun our wedding was. Even those old grumpy uncles that moan at everything got up and danced!!! Steve and his wife Adriana are so nice and Adriana got back to me right away with any questions I had!! I used them because my neighbor had used them at their daughters wedding and said he was great and now we agree too, this is a great choice if you are looking for. DJ!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Melissa & J.R. · Married on 10/08/2016

If anyone looking for a DJ I would recommend Steve he was amazing!!! He gets involved with the guest he did a 'lip singing' Contest boys against girls , He even taught all the guest dance moves! Everyone is still talking about the DJ at our wedding!! Plus if you had any questions Adriana always email you back fast and was good with last minute changes. Thank you guys for everything!

Melissa and J.R. Bowman

Sent on 10/17/2016

Alyssa · Married on 07/16/2016

Steve was amazing! Had me and my new hubby dancing along with all of our guests the whole time! My family from NY said they wished they had him at their weddings! I loved how into the wedding he was! Best DJ I have ever worked with or seen!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Sarah · Married on 03/12/2016

I can not even put into words how amazing both Steve and Adrianna Dunlap were not only during our wedding but throughout the whole planning process. I was directed to look into hiring Event Concepts by a venue that we were considering. I emailed the company and within five minutes, my phone rang. Steve ran through how he typically works, the pricing, and what else they offer. I was put right at ease. We booked Steve pretty early on in our planning process. Between he and Adrianna, we never had an unanswered question. They were so thorough on the playlist and song choices. On the day of our wedding, they were there early, setting up and both personally came up to me to introduce themselves and say some kind words. Steve did an AMAZING job at getting our guests up and dancing. He had people that we didn't think would even dream of dancing, dancing. He picked all the right songs and kept the beat going. We have had several people ask who our DJ was and I don't hesitate to direct them in Steve's direction. We will 100% be hiring him again if the opportunity for a DJ presents itself! The only complaint we have is that our wedding ended and he had to leave! :)

Sent on 03/21/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 01/16/2016

Event concepts was one of our favorite vendors for our wedding. They were quick to get back with us whenever we had questions and really just made the whole experience enjoyable. Steve was also the best dj we have ever Listened to, he managed to keep our guests engaged and dancing all night long!! Would absolutely recommend them to a friend!

Sent on 02/29/2016

Katie · Married on 11/07/2015

For our wedding this past November we went with Event Concepts to provide 20 uplights for our reception, and DJ services for our outside ceremony and inside reception. Our DJ was named Melody. She was amazing!! We were so nervous as you know a DJ can make or break your reception. We had so much fun, and everybody danced all night. Melody came out and lead the dances for people who did not know the moves for the thriller, chacha slide, etc. She also was awesome about taking requests and making sure everyone was involved and having fun. We would recommend anyone to Event Concepts for their DJ services!

Sent on 12/12/2015
  • Anngela

Anngela · Married on 10/24/2015

DJ: We met with Steve based on a referral from a friend and I'm glad we did! He was extremely nice and after negotiating a price within our budget, we booked his DJ, Luis--one he thought would meet our needs based on our desires. Not meeting the DJ you book seemed risky at first but throughout all of the planning Steve and Adriana were great and answered any questions we had. Although still a little nervous, the week before our wedding we talked to Luis on the phone and couldn't have been happier! He was very professional, articulate and knowledgeable. He helped work out our timeline, suggested songs when we needed it and even managed to put together a special mother dance medley of 2 songs that I threw at him just the night before our wedding!! His energy level was perfect and he went with the flow, checking with us the entire night. The shoe game we played was a hit!! He was great!! We have no doubt that with Steve's high standards & expectations any DJ he has on his team would be a pleasure to work with!

Photobooth: Event Concepts was also able to accommodate a VERY last minute request for a photobooth and I am so glad we chose to do it! The photo quality was great, the accessories and props were fun and we got a file with all of the photos within a week or so of the wedding! The background was white and basic (perfectly what I wanted!) and the guests loved it!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Lily · Married on 10/10/2015

After meeting with a few DJs in the Orlando area, we chose Event Concepts for their price, professionalism and overall positive and fun energy. They were a great fit for us. Working with Event Concepts, Steve and Adriana Dunlap and DJ Scott King for our wedding was such an amazing experience from beginning to end. We are beyond satisfied with the level of customer service and care they provided for our special day. Scott King brought such energy and fun to our reception, we really couldn't be happier. The photobooth was a hit with our guests and now we have hundreds of pictures to add to our wedding photo collection. I am so happy that we decided to have Event Concepts take care of our entertainment. We will definitely recommend them to our friends and family.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Megan · Married on 10/09/2015

Steve Dunlap with event concepts was enthusiastic, entertaining and great at what he does!! Steve was affordable for those who are working with a budget!! He kept our guests entertained and dancing all night long:) Steve was friendly and very accommodating. Adriana Dunlap is who I corresponded with via email. Adriana always answered in a timely manner and was helpful! I would highly recommend Steve Dunalp with events@dj-Orlando.com for any event you would like to have a DJ for:)) He rocks!!!
    Megan and Sean

Sent on 10/12/2015

Michelle · Married on 09/26/2015

We used event concepts and worked with Steve Dunlap for our DJ, Ceremony music, and Up-lighting. Steve met with us prior to signing any contracts or making any down-payments to make sure he would be a good fit for our wedding. He is extremely out going and has a fantastic attitude. The up-lighting was beautifully done and the ceremony music was perfect, but the best part of the night was the Reception! Steve had our guests dancing from the very beginning until the very end. All of our guests had wonderful things to say about Steve and how it was the most fun they had ever had at a wedding. He had all sorts of tricks to keep people moving and having a wonderful time. If you are looking for a DJ I highly suggest Steve Dunlap and Event Concepts he was worth every penny

Sent on 10/25/2015

Steve Dunlap was our DJ and did an amazing job. He made our day very special. We can't thank Steve enough. He played all the songs we wanted. He was interactive with everyone and had everyone on the dance floor.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Tara · Married on 09/19/2015

Steve was absolutely amazing at our Fairy Tale Disney Wedding. We have gotten so many compliments on him. He kept the whole day going and we had the time of our lives. I was very nervous about my first dance with my Uncle and Steve did a 'bat signal' with me to cut it off when I was ready. When the crowd seemed to die down Steve realized it and put on a game of 'lip singing'. It was so fun. We will never ever forget his amazingness and making our day so so special!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Tony · Married on 06/22/2015

The DJ (Steve Dunlap) for our Disney Wedding on June 22nd, 2015 could not have been more perfect. Despite there being miscommunication on our end about the playlist, names and requests before the reception, we both were able to sit down with him and within minutes we had our entire reception planned out perfectly. He was extremely well-prepared with all the songs we asked about and half of the time knew what song we wanted before we did!

He obviously paid attention to our chat earlier when we mentioned that not only were we theatre enthusiasts, but so was a large portion of our party, because Steve surprised us with his own idea of having a sing-off between the males and females. He knew we didn't want the usual bouquet/garter toss or dollar dance and let me say...it was a HUGE HIT. Everyone was on the dance floor singing and enjoying impromptu choreography. It was unique and special and I know my wife and I will look back on that as one of our favorite moments for a long, long time.

On a more personal note, Steve also went above and beyond with his interactions with our guests. Several of our friends and family commented that he truly engaged them in conversation and went out of his way to get to know people. He was able to connect with them and got people on the dance floor that we never would have guessed would make their way out there.

Not only will we be telling our friends getting married in the future about the sing-off idea, but Steve gets our full thanks and recommendation as well. He, along with everyone else at Disney, was worth every penny we spent on our fairy tale day. Thank you Steve!

Tony and Elizabeth

Sent on 07/21/2015

James · Married on 06/20/2015

He kept EVERYONE up & moving, even those that don't dance. He interacted great w/ the party. I would definitely recommend him, & use him in the future!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/16/2015

DJ Steve Dunlap was our DJ for our Disney Wedding. He is amazinngggg! He was so much fun and interactive. He goes above and beyond to make sure that every single guest is having a great time! Our guests absolutely loved him and are still talking about him being the best DJ they have ever experienced! He is professional and provides a FUN time! He had all of our guests up and dancing :) I highly recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ. Thank you Steve for the amazing memories! You truly are best of the best :)

Sent on 10/07/2015

Steve was amazing, he brought lots of energy to our wedding reception, going so far as coming out and teaching the guests dances such as the Cuban Shuffle and Thriller. He was very responsive to last minute requests, and attentive to our needs and keeping things on track during the reception. Overall did a fantastic job!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Keishan · event on 05/09/2015

I want to thank the special events company, Event Concepts, and their DJ Melody for providing excellent service at American Lung Association's LUNG FORCE Run Walk that was held on Saturday, May 7, 2015 at Baldwin Park. We got wonderful feedback, and the crowd really enjoyed the music, and MC skills. It was great and entertaining. It was an absolute wonderful addition to the run walk. Thank you again.

Sent on 09/04/2015

Austin · Married on 05/04/2015

Steve was a fantastic DJ, everyone told me afterwards how much fun they had and even some told me they have never had a DJ get an entire group going like he did out of every wedding they've been to. Would highly recommend Steve to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Lisa · Married on 04/13/2015

The music played was on point or better then expected. Our whole wedding experience was exceeded by the quality of service we received from Steve. Thank you so much.

Sent on 04/19/2015

Lili · Married on 04/12/2015

When I asked some of my family what their favorite thing about my wedding was, many responded, THE DJ. Steve was absolutely wonderful. Many of the people at our reception were the older, no nonsense type, and even THEY were on the dance floor! Steve chose songs that totally fit with what I requested, which was a club dance atmosphere. I think the best part was how he made sure the party did not die at the end. It was a non-cheezy way of making sure all were singing, participating, and having fun!

There were some awkward moments at our reception caused by overly enthusiastic guests…and like any good entertainer, Steve took those moments and worked around them. Steve is just a fun loving guy who wants people to party and have fun, and that is what he did at our wedding.

Steve also did lighting and "dancing on a cloud" at our reception, which completely transformed our drab reception space into a glowing, dreamlike space. Our first dance was complemented so well with the dry ice machine. I didn’t notice, but someone told me he was following us around the dance floor with it as we danced, which added to the effect.

Choosing Steve as our DJ was definitely one of the best wedding decisions we made. I want to host another party with him as DJ, I had that much fun!

Sent on 04/26/2015

The DJ for our wedding, Melody, was fabulous! She kept the fun going all night! We spoke with her before the wedding to give her an idea of what we envisioned for the night and she listened and made suggestions as needed. During our reception she also reminded us of what was coming up soon (cutting the cake, throwing the bouquet, etc) so I wasn't worried about it. Our entire wedding group was on the dance floor all night and we got so many compliments on how great the music and dancing was. I would totally recommend! Steve and Adriana were also great to work with via email. They responded promptly and answered the many questions I had throughout the entire planning process.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Dj Melody is a super fun DJ who keeps the party going! DJ Melody blows them out of the water with her blend of personality and passion. From the minute we hired her, she was attentive, didn’t try to tell us what music we needed, listened to all of our requests, and made herself personally available at the drop of a hat. Besides her professional nature, she went all in with the fun and brought great energy all night long for our wedding. She mixed songs for us that were really important, especially for our First Dance, which was awesome.
    One thing we really loved about Melody (among the many things) was during the wedding itself, she wasn’t afraid to get on the dance floor and party it up. She led the crowd in some dancing and made sure we had fun with her fist pumping, jumping around style. One of my groomsmen even quoted saying, “Dude, your DJ was frickin’ awesome, she crushed the music mix!”
    If you are looking for a DJ that will listen to your wants, keep the party going as long as possible, feels the pulse of her crowd, and really gets it, look no further. DJ Melody is your DJ. She will be discovered really soon by some big wig and her calendar will fill up quickly. Our wedding party had such high praise for her, and we were so excited we hit the jackpot on our wedding day. Yes, DJ Melody, you did crush it and we were extremely happy with her abilities, energy, and passion.
    Find DJ Melody on Facebook, she’s fantastic!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Robbie · Married on 03/28/2015

My wife Elizabeth and I got married at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando on March 28th, 2015 and we were referred to Steve Dunlap's company, Event Concepts. We could not have asked for a better DJ experience! Steve is the owner of the company but he personally provided service for our wedding along with one other gentleman who's name I can't remember, but both were EXCEPTIONAL across the board. Steve helped us come up with a playlist and plan of action for our reception and he exceeded all expectations. Steve was funny, engaging, professional, enthusiastic, and a blast to work with. You can tell he takes tremendous pride in his work and truly cares about his clients. I would highly recommend Steve's company to anyone who's looking to get married or have an event of any kind!

Sent on 04/20/2015