Event Concepts Reviews

Event Concepts 6
Event Concepts 7
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Nicole · Getting married on 06/04/2021

Perfect DJ for our Wedding!

We chose DJ Steve Dunlap for our Disney World wedding in April and we were SO glad that we chose him. From the very beginning of working with him, everything was so easy and straightforward in the way of selecting songs. We were worried because our group was relatively small (30 people) and we didn't know how dance-y they would be, so Steve helped us with ideas for wedding games that he could facilitate during the reception which was fantastic. In the end, however, Steve was able to get pretty much all of our guests on the dance floor. We were amazed and so happy! All of our guests thought he was fantastic and we couldn't agree more. We highly recommend DJ Steve!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Vishawn

Vishawn · Married on 09/12/2019

Dj scott king is truly the king

My dj was amazing! The lighting was so beautiful and he kept the party going all night. I was so sore for the next 2 days I could barely walk from all of the dancing we did!!! I will definitely be hiring Scott King again for upcoming events. Thank you again!!!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 02/23/2019

Awesome! Got everyone moving. Tons of compliments.

Special Thanks to Gabrielle and Steve. From start to finish they were amazing. We had several changes to our outline and they were accommodated immediately. Let’s talk about the party ... it was a complete success. Everyone had a blast. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts for your time and energy for our wedding.

Sent on 03/01/2019
    Event Concepts 8
    Event Concepts 9
    Event Concepts 10
  • Gayle

Gayle · Married on 01/20/2019

So Much FUN!!

Event Concepts did a wonderful job providing music and lighting for my wedding. We had DJs Luis and Sumi and they were so much fun! They had such a great music selection, which was important since we had a culturally diverse group. Afterwards I had several of my family members say how much fun they had, and of course that was due to great music!

Sent on 02/19/2019
    Event Concepts 11
    Event Concepts 12
    Event Concepts 13
    Event Concepts 14

Ashling · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Wedding DJ Ever! DJ Scott King

Awesome friendly and professional. Just explained what our party was like and he ran with it. Picked up on what the crowd liked and the night was a huge success. Everyone literally raced about the DJ. Thank you for making our wedding so magical.

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 10/10/2018

Steve is the best!!

We got the pleasure of working with Steve for our October 10th 2018 Disney wedding. Steve was quick to respond to emails and very informative. He had my husband and I fill out a reception timeline and also send a list of our favorite songs and made everything so easy. I was very nervous that not many people would dance during our reception but Steve worked his magic and everyone was on the dance floor! He really listened to our likes/dislikes and made the whole experience so awesome. Thank you Steve for making our day so special and FUN!

Sent on 09/22/2019
    Event Concepts 15
    Event Concepts 16
    Event Concepts 17
    Event Concepts 18

Lillian · Married on 05/19/2018

Steve really understood what we wanted during our reception. We always had a good sized crowd on the dance floor and every one really enjoyed themselves. He was a key factor in making sure everything went smoothly. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Rachael · Married on 03/04/2018

DJ Scott King was fantastic!! He helped make our special day perfect!! He was so personable, upbeat, & easy to work with! The music was great & we couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect day!! Thank you, Scott & DJ Concepts!!

Sent on 04/16/2018
  • Lorraine

Lorraine · Married on 03/03/2018

We hired Event Concepts for several things: ceremony sound (perfect!), up-lighting (dramatic!), photo booth (so fun!) and a sparkly dance floor (show stopper). This dance floor isn't just white lights, it's all different colored lights that are operated by a technician. It was amazingly beautiful. I don't have pictures yet but I'll add them when I get them. The photo booth was great too with lots of fun props that were very clean and in pristine condition. I would hire them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 03/15/2018

Aphrodite · Married on 03/03/2018

Our friends and family cannot stop talking about our wedding, and we owe all of that to Steve! WOW! is all I can really say. We used event concepts for uplight and DJ service (ceremony and reception) and this was by far the best decision we made when it came to our wedding. Steve is THE BOMB! Everyone had a blast at the wedding and it was largely due to Steve involving everyone in our reception. We always hear that people remember only a few things about a wedding, and music is one of them. Steve nailed it! Even the people who do not normally dance were up and dancing at our wedding (my father did not stop dancing, he broke a MAJOR sweat). Prior to the wedding, Event Concepts sent us over a packet of information to fill out with the details of our wedding. It was a very thorough packet, and from there they put together a timeline of the evening for us. We also spoke with Steve beforehand to go over that timeline, he is so personable, he made even the planning part fun for us. I cannot thank Steve enough for making our wedding such a night to remember. If we could have another wedding reception we would make sure Steve was there-EVERYONE is still talking about the lip sync battle he set up for us. Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 04/05/2018

Lora · Married on 02/11/2018

Unbelievably Good

Steve is a badass. He gave us complete control of the music which we handed right back to him saying that we just wanted everyone to dance. Every single person at our wedding danced. Steve was kind and understanding through our entire planning process. He put together a custom mashup song for us for a surprise dance for our guests and worked with us to get it perfect. He even went to the dance floor himself and taught all our guests dances through the decades. We had such a great time and could not recommend Steve and Event Concepts any higher. Hire him today!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Event Concepts's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words !
    We LOVED being part of your event and wish you both the best !!

Cheers =)

Kristen · Married on 11/04/2017

DJ Steve IS AMAZING BEST CHOICE WE MADE

Sent on 01/21/2018

Molly · Married on 10/28/2017

Hiring Steve was probably the best decision I made during the wedding planning process. I wanted everyone to keep dancing and he did that! He nearly danced me to exhaustion because it was just so much fun I couldn't sit down! I had some geeky music choices and he made them happen along with great suggestions for when I was struggling to choose. He was also very affordable! You won't go wrong choosing Steve to DJ your event. Plus he did some great uplighting.

Sent on 10/30/2017

christie · Married on 10/14/2017

Steve Dunlap was the DJ for our Disney Wedding on 10/14. He made the song selection process completely painless for us! I didn't think our guests would be dancing much but he got nearly everyone out on the dance floor and was so outgoing and enthusiastic! Everyone was talking about how great he was! If you need a DJ... choose Steve!!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/07/2017

DJ Steve was AMAZING. Ryan was there with him and he was so great too! They kept the party going all night, the dance floor was never empty! My guests were talking about them for weeks, our wedding was two months ago and people STILL talk about them! The whole process was so easy, from the quote to the final invoice. You can customize your services and how your night will go or let them take the reigns. Either way, they are phenomenal. DEFINITELY RECCOMMEND.

Sent on 12/09/2017
  • Jami

Jami · Married on 07/19/2017

I can't recommend DJ Steve enough! He had all of our guests (even the non-dancing family members) up on the dance floor as he led them through fun dance moves to kick off the dancing after dinner! Later in the night, he MC'd (and served as judge of) a group lip sync battle-- women vs. men. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! We had our guests send song requests to us with their RSVP cards, so I sent the list of songs to Steve to incorporate throughout the night, and he did it perfectly! When the best man mentioned break dancing with the groom in his toast, DJ Steve pulled up the perfect breakdancing song following the toast, so my hubby and his best man had to show off their moves... moves they hadn't done in 14 years! It was the best spontaneous addition to our reception and certainly led to lots of laughs. You and your guests will have an absolute blast if you hire Steve as your DJ/MC!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Meagan · Married on 06/10/2017

Steve is wonderful, I highly recommend! He was the DJ at a friend's wedding and I knew I had to have him at ours. He created a father/daughter mix based on songs I sent him overnight and sent it back to me so we had plenty of time to practice with it and didn't even charge me extra for it!

He perfectly nailed the playlist we would have picked our selves for dinner before getting the party started. A DJ makes sure music is playing the whole time, a good DJ interacts with the crowd, Steve takes it one step further making the garter removal a mission impossible themed attraction, has your guests dancing in conga lines all through the ballroom, and forming a dance off circle to make sure everyone is on the dance to close out the night.

If you want to not have to worry about if your dancing machine guests are enjoying themselves just as much as the wallflowers at your wedding you should definitely book Event Concepts!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Rebecca · Married on 04/14/2017

Spectacular is not even a strong enough word for how wonderful Steve is! Engaging with the guests and getting everyone up and dancing. He understands the crowd and makes sure that everyone is having a good time. I have attended many weddings and would have to say Steve is by far the best Dj out there!! I do not have enough positive words to say other than Thank you so much! You made our day wonderful and memorable! I want to throw another party again just to have you there! You're truly the best out there!! I would recommend Event Concepts to everyone!!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Kayla · Married on 03/05/2017

Steve was a great DJ for our wedding! He was fun, super personable, and had everyone on the dance floor all night! He has a great voice for entertaining. We have been to other weddings where the DJ tries too hard and you can't understand them at all, but that is not Steve! He is great at what he does and we would highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Haley · Married on 02/03/2017

Everyone was obsessed with Steve!! People will not stop talking about how amazing Steve was and neither can I! He was so nice to work with and was willing to change things up the day/night of without having me worried about anything!! He can get anyone dancing. The best part of our reception was the lip sync battle!! SO MUCH FUN! The DJ makes or breaks your reception and I promise you Steve will not disappoint!! Book him ASAP! :)

Sent on 02/07/2017

Jody · Married on 01/28/2017

I have very high standards and I was OVER the top impressed! The engagement, professionalism, customization and event delivery clearly exceeded my expectations. The team really has a passion for what they do and a commitment for excellence. The management and creative team were great to work with and lived up to their brand. My family is extremely grateful to Steve and his team for ensuring my family had the best event ever. I would recommend this team to anyone.

Sent on 04/29/2017

Corrine · Married on 11/20/2016

We used event concepts for our Photo Booth and absolutely love them! They were so great to work with from start to finish, such a friendly and professional company, they always seemed excited every time we corresponded they didn't treat us like just another customer they always made us feel special. On the day of the wedding to see the photo booth set up was such a pleasant surprise it far exceeded our expectations, they had such great props in such great backgrounds to choose from and different options that during taking the pictures I guess could make it colored or black and white and they all loved it. The attended who worked our Photo Booth was the best she was super friendly and helpful and helped our gift put together our photo guestbook as they went along and seemed super excited the whole time. We love that not only did our guest get a copy of your photo but we got a copy of their photo and a digital copy of the photos. I 110% recommend that concepts for all of your wedding needs, especially Photo Booth!!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Kasima · Married on 11/14/2016

Steve Dunlap was our wedding DJ. We attended a family member's wedding he DJ'd; he was fantastic and we knew we had to book him. He was absolutely fabulous. We were concerned about our guests making it through a late night and he had everyone engaged and entertained and partying into the wee hours of the morning. There wasn't a single song he played we didn't love and even the sillier moments (like the most epic battle of the sexes lip sync battle of all time) were memorable and made it the best party of our lives. The party never stopped and we all still talk about how much fun the night was. Steve was amazing, but caution, only book him if you want to have the best time ever.

Sent on 02/09/2017

Paige · Married on 11/12/2016

DJ Steve Dunlap was AMAZING!!!!! He lead dances to get the party started and kept the dance floor full for 3 hours! Our guests ranged in age from 10 to 88 and he kept everyone moving and grooving. Thank you Steve! Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without you!!!

Sent on 11/23/2016