116 Reviews for Event Concepts

Do-Not-Play List (4)
Consultation (2)
Liability Insurance (2)
Projector (1)

Steve really understood what we wanted during our reception. We always had a good sized crowd on the dance floor and every one really enjoyed themselves. He was a key factor in making sure everything went smoothly. I would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Lillian, 5/19/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Uplighting

DJ Scott King was fantastic!! He helped make our special day perfect!! He was so personable, upbeat, & easy to work with! The music was great & we couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect day!! Thank you, Scott & DJ Concepts!!

Profile Picture Rachael, 3/4/18, 6 Reviews

We hired Event Concepts for several things: ceremony sound (perfect!), up-lighting (dramatic!), photo booth (so fun!) and a sparkly dance floor (show stopper). This dance floor isn't just white lights, it's all different colored lights that are operated by a technician. It was amazingly beautiful. I don't have pictures yet but I'll add them when I get them. The photo booth was great too with lots of fun props that were very clean and in pristine condition. I would hire them again in a heart beat!

Profile Picture Lorraine, 3/3/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Our friends and family cannot stop talking about our wedding, and we owe all of that to Steve! WOW! is all I can really say. We used event concepts for uplight and DJ service (ceremony and reception) and this was by far the best decision we made when it came to our wedding. Steve is THE BOMB! Everyone had a blast at the wedding and it was largely due to Steve involving everyone in our reception. We always hear that people remember only a few things about a wedding, and music is one of them. Steve nailed it! Even the people who do not normally dance were up and dancing at our wedding (my father did not stop dancing, he broke a MAJOR sweat). Prior to the wedding, Event Concepts sent us over a packet of information to fill out with the details of our wedding. It was a very thorough packet, and from there they put together a timeline of the evening for us. We also spoke with Steve beforehand to go over that timeline, he is so personable, he made even the planning part fun for us. I cannot thank Steve enough for making our wedding such a night to remember. If we could have another wedding reception we would make sure Steve was there-EVERYONE is still talking about the lip sync battle he set up for us. Highly, highly recommend!

Profile Picture Aphrodite, 3/3/18, 10 Reviews

DJ Steve IS AMAZING BEST CHOICE WE MADE

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hiring Steve was probably the best decision I made during the wedding planning process. I wanted everyone to keep dancing and he did that! He nearly danced me to exhaustion because it was just so much fun I couldn't sit down! I had some geeky music choices and he made them happen along with great suggestions for when I was struggling to choose. He was also very affordable! You won't go wrong choosing Steve to DJ your event. Plus he did some great uplighting.

Profile Picture Molly, 10/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Steve Dunlap was the DJ for our Disney Wedding on 10/14. He made the song selection process completely painless for us! I didn't think our guests would be dancing much but he got nearly everyone out on the dance floor and was so outgoing and enthusiastic! Everyone was talking about how great he was! If you need a DJ... choose Steve!!

Profile Picture christie, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Steve was AMAZING. Ryan was there with him and he was so great too! They kept the party going all night, the dance floor was never empty! My guests were talking about them for weeks, our wedding was two months ago and people STILL talk about them! The whole process was so easy, from the quote to the final invoice. You can customize your services and how your night will go or let them take the reigns. Either way, they are phenomenal. DEFINITELY RECCOMMEND.

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

I can't recommend DJ Steve enough! He had all of our guests (even the non-dancing family members) up on the dance floor as he led them through fun dance moves to kick off the dancing after dinner! Later in the night, he MC'd (and served as judge of) a group lip sync battle-- women vs. men. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! We had our guests send song requests to us with their RSVP cards, so I sent the list of songs to Steve to incorporate throughout the night, and he did it perfectly! When the best man mentioned break dancing with the groom in his toast, DJ Steve pulled up the perfect breakdancing song following the toast, so my hubby and his best man had to show off their moves... moves they hadn't done in 14 years! It was the best spontaneous addition to our reception and certainly led to lots of laughs. You and your guests will have an absolute blast if you hire Steve as your DJ/MC!

Profile Picture Jami, 7/19/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Steve is wonderful, I highly recommend! He was the DJ at a friend's wedding and I knew I had to have him at ours. He created a father/daughter mix based on songs I sent him overnight and sent it back to me so we had plenty of time to practice with it and didn't even charge me extra for it!

He perfectly nailed the playlist we would have picked our selves for dinner before getting the party started. A DJ makes sure music is playing the whole time, a good DJ interacts with the crowd, Steve takes it one step further making the garter removal a mission impossible themed attraction, has your guests dancing in conga lines all through the ballroom, and forming a dance off circle to make sure everyone is on the dance to close out the night.

If you want to not have to worry about if your dancing machine guests are enjoying themselves just as much as the wallflowers at your wedding you should definitely book Event Concepts!

Profile Picture Meagan, 6/10/17, 12 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Uplighting

Spectacular is not even a strong enough word for how wonderful Steve is! Engaging with the guests and getting everyone up and dancing. He understands the crowd and makes sure that everyone is having a good time. I have attended many weddings and would have to say Steve is by far the best Dj out there!! I do not have enough positive words to say other than Thank you so much! You made our day wonderful and memorable! I want to throw another party again just to have you there! You're truly the best out there!! I would recommend Event Concepts to everyone!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Steve was a great DJ for our wedding! He was fun, super personable, and had everyone on the dance floor all night! He has a great voice for entertaining. We have been to other weddings where the DJ tries too hard and you can't understand them at all, but that is not Steve! He is great at what he does and we would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Kayla, 3/5/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Everyone was obsessed with Steve!! People will not stop talking about how amazing Steve was and neither can I! He was so nice to work with and was willing to change things up the day/night of without having me worried about anything!! He can get anyone dancing. The best part of our reception was the lip sync battle!! SO MUCH FUN! The DJ makes or breaks your reception and I promise you Steve will not disappoint!! Book him ASAP! :)

Profile Picture Haley, 2/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I have very high standards and I was OVER the top impressed! The engagement, professionalism, customization and event delivery clearly exceeded my expectations. The team really has a passion for what they do and a commitment for excellence. The management and creative team were great to work with and lived up to their brand. My family is extremely grateful to Steve and his team for ensuring my family had the best event ever. I would recommend this team to anyone.

Profile Picture Jody, 1/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used event concepts for our Photo Booth and absolutely love them! They were so great to work with from start to finish, such a friendly and professional company, they always seemed excited every time we corresponded they didn't treat us like just another customer they always made us feel special. On the day of the wedding to see the photo booth set up was such a pleasant surprise it far exceeded our expectations, they had such great props in such great backgrounds to choose from and different options that during taking the pictures I guess could make it colored or black and white and they all loved it. The attended who worked our Photo Booth was the best she was super friendly and helpful and helped our gift put together our photo guestbook as they went along and seemed super excited the whole time. We love that not only did our guest get a copy of your photo but we got a copy of their photo and a digital copy of the photos. I 110% recommend that concepts for all of your wedding needs, especially Photo Booth!!

Profile Picture Corrine, 11/20/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Steve Dunlap was our wedding DJ. We attended a family member's wedding he DJ'd; he was fantastic and we knew we had to book him. He was absolutely fabulous. We were concerned about our guests making it through a late night and he had everyone engaged and entertained and partying into the wee hours of the morning. There wasn't a single song he played we didn't love and even the sillier moments (like the most epic battle of the sexes lip sync battle of all time) were memorable and made it the best party of our lives. The party never stopped and we all still talk about how much fun the night was. Steve was amazing, but caution, only book him if you want to have the best time ever.

Profile Picture Kasima, 11/14/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ Steve Dunlap was AMAZING!!!!! He lead dances to get the party started and kept the dance floor full for 3 hours! Our guests ranged in age from 10 to 88 and he kept everyone moving and grooving. Thank you Steve! Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without you!!!

Profile Picture Paige, 11/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Being our event was for a vow renewal and a smaller group, we were concerned if having a DJ would be awkward. Steve vastly exceeded our expectations and we are so happy we went with him, his music selection and upbeat manner appealed to everyone at the event. Even days after the event people would mention to us how well he did and that they were amazed how he got everyone, and I mean everyone out on the dance floor for the last couple of songs! If we ever have an event in the area again he will be our first call. Our event was selected by Disney to be featured as one of their top events for their weddings blog and we believe in no small part this is owed to the success we had with Steve. Thank you!

Profile Picture Thomas, 11/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Steve and Adriana were SO easy to work with and my event was PERFECT. They listened to our ideas and followed through on all of them. We got to incorporate all the songs we wanted to and they tailored the rest of the reception so that everything flowed well. I got so many compliments on how everything kept moving, it didn't get stagnant, and how great the music was. We opened up the reception with a group dance that got everyone on the dance floor and then the party got started by there. Steve kept checking on us throughout the night to make sure that we were happy with what he was doing. The photobooth was a HUGE hit-- they gave us hard copy of every photo at the end of the night. Everyone loved it. Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Laurie, 10/29/16, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

Book this DJ today !! Before he's booked and your wedding suffers for it!! Seriously, he's the best DJ ever, he took our wedding to a whole other level. We just got married last Friday and people are still telling us how fun our wedding was. Even those old grumpy uncles that moan at everything got up and danced!!! Steve and his wife Adriana are so nice and Adriana got back to me right away with any questions I had!! I used them because my neighbor had used them at their daughters wedding and said he was great and now we agree too, this is a great choice if you are looking for. DJ!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting

If anyone looking for a DJ I would recommend Steve he was amazing!!! He gets involved with the guest he did a 'lip singing' Contest boys against girls , He even taught all the guest dance moves! Everyone is still talking about the DJ at our wedding!! Plus if you had any questions Adriana always email you back fast and was good with last minute changes. Thank you guys for everything!

Melissa and J.R. Bowman

Profile Picture Melissa & J.R., 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Steve was amazing! Had me and my new hubby dancing along with all of our guests the whole time! My family from NY said they wished they had him at their weddings! I loved how into the wedding he was! Best DJ I have ever worked with or seen!

Profile Picture Alyssa , 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I can not even put into words how amazing both Steve and Adrianna Dunlap were not only during our wedding but throughout the whole planning process. I was directed to look into hiring Event Concepts by a venue that we were considering. I emailed the company and within five minutes, my phone rang. Steve ran through how he typically works, the pricing, and what else they offer. I was put right at ease. We booked Steve pretty early on in our planning process. Between he and Adrianna, we never had an unanswered question. They were so thorough on the playlist and song choices. On the day of our wedding, they were there early, setting up and both personally came up to me to introduce themselves and say some kind words. Steve did an AMAZING job at getting our guests up and dancing. He had people that we didn't think would even dream of dancing, dancing. He picked all the right songs and kept the beat going. We have had several people ask who our DJ was and I don't hesitate to direct them in Steve's direction. We will 100% be hiring him again if the opportunity for a DJ presents itself! The only complaint we have is that our wedding ended and he had to leave! :)

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Event concepts was one of our favorite vendors for our wedding. They were quick to get back with us whenever we had questions and really just made the whole experience enjoyable. Steve was also the best dj we have ever Listened to, he managed to keep our guests engaged and dancing all night long!! Would absolutely recommend them to a friend!

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/16/16, 5 Reviews