EUROPEAN CAKE GALLERY Reviews

1 User photo

EUROPEAN CAKE GALLERY 1
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 07/27/2018

Yum, Yum, Yum & More Yum!

This cake is MAGIC! And it's super well priced. I cannot say enough good things. They don't have the wild flavors you'll find at some other cake shops. But what they do make, they do to perfection. We have a standing reservation for a little cake every year on our anniversary for the rest of our lives. I committed to my husband on my wedding day, and we both committed to enjoying the cakes of European Cake Gallery forever and ever.

EUROPEAN CAKE GALLERY 2

Giulia · Married on 01/17/2016

This bakery helped me out on Very short notice, (2 weeks,) when my other pre-booked bakery went out of business. My wedding cake was beautiful, delicious, and very fairly priced.

Erica · Married on 04/18/2015

I have ordered pastries and cakes from this company for 15 years and have yet to be disappointed. We ordered a 4 tier cake ith two flavors, White Bavarian Raspberry and Chocolate Black Forrest. I ordered extra cake and people ate two or three pieces until it was gone! The best tasting cake I've ever had! It was absolutely beautiful as well! I gave them an idea and they sketched it out exactly as I wanted and at no extra charge! Service, quality, and professionalism among many other things are their strong suits. I will continue to be a loyal patron and definitely recommend their services.

Rebecca · Married on 11/09/2014

European Cake Gallery provides delicious cake! Everyone at my wedding loved the cake! Also, everyone complimented us on how great the cake looked. Like someone said to me, you just want to grab it and eat it.

Brenna · Married on 08/22/2014

We are from the San Francisco Bay Area and were married in San Diego on 8/22/14. Since we are not from the area, we had my aunt who is from S.D. find a bakery for us. She decided on European Cake Gallery and I am so happy she did! We ordered the White Bavarian and not only was it beautiful, it was honestly the best cake I have ever had! Very, very happy with this bakery!

• User2190978 · 2+ years ago

Our cakes was AMAZING! They made our wedding cake and it was seriously the most beautiful cake I have ever seen and it tasted sooo good. We got Black Forrest and White Bavarian and I loved both of them. They new exactly when to take it out of the freezer so that it looked perfect for the reception and was defrosted by the time we were ready to cut it. Also, the people who work here are wonderful. So friendly and knowledgable. We loved everything about ECG and would recommend them to everyone.

• User4206222 · 2+ years ago

The cake was beautiful and delicious! Staff was very professional. The tasting was a lot of fun!

Kerri · Married on 10/13/2013

Our cake from European Cake Gallery was the best cake I have ever tasted and one of the most beautiful of all time! It was exactly as I pictured it to be! All of our guests raved about the taste of the cake for days after the wedding!!! Most people had more than one piece!!! In addition to tasting amazing, it also stood out and was beautiful. I highly recommend them for an awesome tasting and unique looking cake (We had White Bavarian with raspberry and white chocolate shavings!)!! Thank you for everything!!!

• Camila

Camila · Married on 07/12/2013

My wedding cake turned out to be beautiful and tasted sooooo good. My guests are still talking about it. The White Bavarian and the Chocolate Mousse are my favourites. I highly recommend them if you are looking for a beautiful wedding cake with no fondant which I don't like.. My cake was beautifully done and still tastes amazing...

Katie · Married on 06/22/2013

I knew since the age of 7, when my parents got married, that European Cake Gallery would be providing my wedding cake. They did my parents wedding cake, countless birthdays, and tons of parties for my friends and family.

Our cake was delicious and beautiful!! 3 layers included, bavarian cream, chocolate truffle, and a swiss black forest. Of all the weddings I've been to, ours had the best cake, and I'm not just saying that because it was my own! I've had some pretty awful wedding cake!

Thank you so much European Cake Gallery for being as delicious and reliable as you always have been for years!! xoxoxo

• I

Ilze · Married on 06/08/2013

Every Point Loma family knows that THIS is the place to get your wedding cake. We had the Bavarian cream & raspberry and all four tiers where covered in white chocolate shavings. It was gorgeous and delicious. Everyone was raving about it! They delivered it locally for $35 and it was perfect. Heads up, this is an old school place that only takes cash & checks. Very highly recommended.

• Sandy and Apollo

Sandy · Married on 04/27/2013

European Cake Gallery is amazing.. All our guests kept saying how delicious & gorgeous the cake was. We selected white bavarian and swiss black forest. The cake was moist and so delicious! I met with Steve, the owner. He was friendly, down to earth, and professional. He had angel cookies and I wanted to buy just a few to taste them. I was considering buying them as favors. Because they were in a bag, he graciously gave me a complementary bag for me to try out! I highly recommend European Cake Gallery for not only their amazing cakes but also for their pastries! You can't beat their prices and taste... Love them!!

• Crystal

Crystal · Married on 03/10/2012

Just perfect!!!!!!!!!!!! Looked and tasted amazing. I got the whipped smooth frosting because I was more about taste than anything. IT LOOKED AMAZING:-) SO CLEAN AND SMOOTH!!! Very Impressed with them. Highly Recommend!!

Roger · Married on 09/09/2011

European Cakes in San Diego makes the Best Cakes!!! We ordered the chocolate cake for our wedding and it was the best not too sweet like some of the other cakes. The florist added the final touches and it was beautiful, Thanks European Cakes for making our day special!!

Alice · Married on 07/16/2011

I just read about someone's cake being frozen and I am so glad that didn't happen to me. I ended up going here through my reception vendor. They're known for they're whip cream frosting and shavings of chocolate sprinkled all over. I wanted a buttercream cake without the shavings and they were able to do this. The cakes they have to offer are just a few but the truffle and carrot cake are the BEST!!! I had them to a plain white butter cream and decorate the outside with white chocolate shells and starfish. Just beautiful!!!! Again my situation is unique because the venue actually bought the white chocolate pieces to give to the bakery to put on but overall i was satisfied with the taste and look of my cake , it was beautiful!!!

Carolyn · Married on 07/30/2010

My cake was beautifully decorated and everyone enjoyed it! I didn't really get to eat any until the next day, but it was still just a great the next day. They helped us pick out our selection and were very patient with us while I changed my mind three times.

If you use Diane's Flowers Please, she will pick up the cake and deliver it to your venue for free. They were by far the least expensive and the tastiest cake we tried. They don't do a lot with different types of frosting, but the cake is so delicious, they don't need to! I can't tell you how many compliments I got on the cake. I suggest that you stick to only two flavors because people will want to try each one.

Jane · Married on 04/10/2010

Oh my gosh!!! We love every bit of our cake!! European Cake Gallery really delivered a very delicious cake! We had two different chocolate flavors and they were just awesome! The price of our cake was really reasonable too! All our guests loved our cake. Some even had more that two slices!! So future brides, European Cake Gallery is the place to be for a very delicious cake!

Beverly · Married on 09/19/2009

this family owned bakery is the best bakery ever! the service was great, everyone was helpful and friendly, they never rushed us - and were on top of our wedding. Our cake cost came down to $2.40/slice (which we thought was a great deal!) and our cake was exactly as we wanted it: white with shavings, alternating layers of black forest and white raspberry bavarian, 5 tiers. They delivered and set it up for $30 and it was beautiful. I wouldn't have found them if their black forest cake wasn't my mom-in-laws favorite, i love them and plan to use them in the future for all other occassions.

Ryan · Married on 06/21/2008

Great tasting cake and it looked great as well!

Julie · Married on 05/23/2008

Beautiful cake that tasted great, too.

Amanda · Married on 12/16/2007

AMAZING CAKE. I crave it every day. AMAZING VALUE, 75% less than the competitors and 200 times better tasting! Check this place out!

Maria · Married on 03/31/2007

We had been to a wedding 3 years earlier that had cakes from The European Cake Gallery and I told my then boyfriend that we would get the same cakes. Delicious. When my wedding came aroun we went to other bakeries and the cakes were yummy but they tatsted a bit "store bought" I then went to the European Cake Gallery and the cake melts in your mouth. I order the Swiss Black Forest and The white cakes with raspberries - both with shaved chocolate on top. Everyone loved the cakes and the price was very reasonable.

Anne · Married on 10/02/2004

I loved this cake since before looking for a wedding cake! I knew I did not want any other cake but this wonderful swiss black forest chocolate cake!!!

• Z

Donna · Married on 03/01/2003

This was the best cake I've ever had! The staff was friendly and helpful, there was a welcoming "family business" feel to the store. There were options for every taste and budget, and were very affordable compared to other bakeries I visited. Everyone loved the look and taste of the cake. I HIGHLY recommend them, I wish I still lived in the area to order more items for other events!

Melissa · Married on 06/20/2001

wow!! My (now) husband and I were so impressed with the taste!!! We ordered a 3-tier cake, each layer was a different flavor cake! So delicious!!! They make the cake EXACTLY how I wanted it! So much work when into making it look perfect. And the staff make sure they we knew how to transport our cake and assemble it to make sure it stayed just as beautiful! I could eat one of these EVERY day!!!!!