Europa Sounds Reviews

51 | Whitestone, NY

51 Reviews for Europa Sounds

Andrea · Married on 10/28/2018

The best wedding dj!

Europa was to me the most important part of my wedding besides the food, and they definitely outdid themselves! We had non-stop dancing all night and so many of my guests told us they wish the wedding was longer!!! They still wanted to dance! I owe that all to Europa they made our wedding an amazing time!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Aspasia · Married on 10/07/2018

Kefi = Europa Sounds

Planning a wedding on your own from a different state is not easy. My husband and I had three things that were super important to us when we planned our wedding: food, booze and music. Growing up in a Greek household, Greek music was a must! I found Europa sounds online as a Greek DJ knows best on the different styles of Greek music and also non Greek music . My dad has worked in the Greek restaurant business for over 30 years with live Greek music, and at the end of our wedding he spoke to Steve and said that he was impressed with the music and kefi he provided - better than a live band!! Steve and Dino (our MC) did an amazing job all night. Steve answered all my questions throughout the planning process and was quick too! We also added Farouk and he did an amazing job with the percussion!! We were happy with our wedding and happy our guests had such an amazing time. As it turns out Steve has also done some other family functions. :) I definitely recommend Europa Sounds. Looking forward to our future functions as Steve and his team will be our number one choice!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Robert Tibert · Married on 09/16/2018

Greek American Wedding

Europa Sounds professionalism and experience were exactly what we were looking for. They listened to our requests and put together a playlist that was perfect for the Greek/American reception we wanted. They cared about the subtle details and were flexible when we had some night of changes. We received SO many compliments on the music and the event overall. Would DEFINITELY hire again!

Sent on 12/20/2018
  • Helen

Helen Reda · Married on 09/08/2018

The Real Deal!

Excellent DJ, professional, punctual and elaborate. Has all the extras you could possibly want for your special day. Was always available for questions and to communicate with us from beginning to end. There's a reason he is consistently booked. Would highly recommend him to anyone wanting to add that very special touch to their special day!!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Megan · Married on 07/28/2018

THE best DJ around!

The guys behind Europa Sounds were amazing to work with start to finish. They were so flexible and accommodating. They're also THE best at getting the party started. Our guests didn't stop dancing all night! Thank you Europa Sounds for helping to make our night the best ever!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Maria · Married on 06/10/2018

Amazing wedding DJ!

Music was one of the most important parts of our wedding and I was SO happy I chose Europa Sounds. The dance floor was packed the entire night! I even had people come up to me telling me how much they loved the DJ and asked who it was. During the entire planning process Steve was so easy to work with. We wanted a mix of Greek and American music and he played the perfect mix based on the reaction of the crowd. I would definitely call Europa Sounds for a future event!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Betsy · Married on 02/09/2018

There are no words to put for how AMAZING our wedding was. The music was flowing according to the crowd. There wasn’t a moment when that dance floor wasn’t packed our with ALL our guest! They blended the music so well that I didn’t even know the song changed. It was INCREDIBLE! I wish I could do it all over again just because it was so PERFECT!! Our photographer and videographer said they never saw so many people consistently dancing! We added the ZAP shots, worth it they captured so many candid moments that I was so happy to watch the next day with my feet propped from dancing for all those hours. It’s been over a week since our wedding and still getting calls of how “much fun” everyone had.

Sent on 02/21/2018

Erin · Married on 12/10/2017

professional, detailed, high energy

When it comes to a Greek-American wedding it's nerve racking making decisions on how much of each do you play. Steve kept assuring me that everything will be just fine and at that point I was like I guess I have to trust him. As we got closer and figured out all the details we told him what we thought for a percentage of Greek an American music and he agreed and jotted everything down. Right before our last meeting he said make sure you understand that this is your wedding not your parents and you need to do what makes you happy and let us take over the party piece for you because we are great at reading the crowd. Wedding day came, the music started out and it started off great. The first round of Greek music was a huge hit and the second round of Greek music we had a lot more people tend to sit down and felt the energy level lower a little bit. As we were going on the third set of Greek music Steve's partner came up to me and explained to me what was going on and said "I just want to let you know the last time we played Greek music half the crowd sat down and the energy level lowered". What would you like us to do? Continue with what we are doing and keep everyone on the dance floor and the energy level high or play the third round of Greek music. We decided to not play anymore Greek music for the night and the party was amazing. I live in Connecticut and met with a couple DJs up here and their lack of professionalism made me go to other states like New York to find a DJ. Don't waste your time on anything else and just go with Steve and his company. He's funny, double checked and triple checked names, details and everything. We are so happy we chose him!
    Love,
    Erin & Christos

Sent on 12/29/2018

ekaterini · Married on 10/14/2017

I initially booked Europa Sounds for my bridal shower in June 2017. They were so amazing and broke the norm of opening gifts and boring people. Steve had such a great vibe and flow of music where it kept everyone dancing and having a great time!

We also booked Steve and his crew for our wedding on 10.14.17. My husband and I picked a great package with our names in lights, the touberleki with percussion drums and the setup of the DJ was amazing! From our cocktail hour until the end of the night the music was pumping! Everyone is still texting me and saying what an amazing time they had with the perfect mix of music (modernGreek, hip hop, r&b and traditional Greek). Farouk, the touberleki player always had perfect timing with making us shake it all night and having us dance on chairs.

We loved everything about our wedding and your team showed professionalism and kefi to party from the moment you arrived.

When we have our babies, we will definitely be booking you guys for the baptisms!

Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 11/11/2017

gigi · Married on 10/01/2017

Excellent Experience

Steve, it's just amazing!
    It was great to work with him as he understood the entire process.
    I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/12/2018

MaryAnn · Married on 09/02/2017

Europa Sounds made our wedding such a memorable day. They were so professional and responsive to every question and request we had. They really get a feel for the crowd and had our family and friends dancing the entire night. The dance floor was full the entire night. Farouk did an amazing job with the percussion and Dino was an unbelievable MC as well as Steve. We couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you for an amazing night and we will definitely be using Europa Sounds for all of our future parties.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Martha · Married on 06/30/2017

Europa sounds gave us the best experience and memories from our event. The music, the lighting , and their amazing quality photo booth are just a few of the reasons I will never go anywhere else. Stavros the DJ knows how to feel the crowd and knows exactly what they want to hear, and to me, a full dance floor is a sign of a great time. The MC Dino was amazing as well he knew how to get everyone into a great mood. Their professionalism , dedication , and experience with events shows from the minute you book them to the final dance . They left me confident as always that my night will be memorable and it was !

Sent on 07/06/2017

Katerina · Married on 06/25/2017

My husband and I were extremely pleased with Europa Sounds at our wedding in June 2017. We worked with Steve, and he listened to all of our requests. He played all of the songs that we requested, and he read the crowd as he played his sets. He had a perfect mix of Greek and English, which was great for our guests. Europa Sounds made our night, and it was the perfect party for our dream wedding!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Barb · Married on 06/05/2017

I have used Steve and his team for over 10 years! He did my wedding and baptisms for both of my children. He is so in tune to what your guests want and takes his cues off the room, the mood and the event to create a truly personalized experience!! His music is current and his selection of Greek music always rocks! Not only have I worked with him several times I have seen him deliver at countless weddings and baptisms I have attended as well!! Don't look anywhere else!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/04/2017

We had a great experience with Steve and Europa Sounds! Very professional, helpful, friendly and dependable. We couldn't figure out our bridal party entrance song and he found a great one for us. Our venue told us that he and his team were really great to work with. The MC was also very good, not disruptive and kept the party going. Thanks Steve!

Sent on 09/10/2017

James · Married on 05/27/2017

Very Happy Father of the Bride here…. and not for the obvious reason of handing off a daughter to someone else. We hired Europa Sounds for a Big Fat Greek American Wedding. It was an 8 hour party with nonstop music throughout. The cocktail hour included a Bouzouki player (arranged by Europa Sounds) serenading our guests with classic Greek instrumental music. The party was orchestrated by Steve and his group, including a percussionist. The dance floor was never empty all night. The selection of Greek music was spot on, only to be surpassed by the American music. Steve seemed to know exactly how we wanted our party to go. When the clock struck midnight, we sang Happy Birthday to the bride and proceeded to another room where another DJ (arranged by Europa Sounds) entertained us for a seamless continuation of great music - for another 2 hours. I cannot say enough of the superb service, quality of music and all around wonderful experience we had with Europa Sounds.
    Steve… You ROCKED the party!
    One happy father of the bride!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Europa Sounds's reply:

Jim , thank you very much for this awesome review.

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2017

Fantastic experiment with Europa Sounds! They were professionals and knew how to help our chaotic reception feel like all was smooth and as planned. Our guests didn’t stop dancing and that was the most important. As a Greek and Hispanic fusion wedding, they flawlessly mixed between traditional Greek music and Spanish! It was a blast and we will look forward to using this them for our child’s baptism!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Europa Sounds's reply:

Thank you Jessica. You and nick were such a pleasure to work with. Can’t wait for the christening, best of luck !

STEPHAN · Married on 05/20/2017

GREAT DJ ! HANDS DOWN THE BEST DJ AND M/C OUT THERE. MY WIFE AND I ARE STILL GETTING COMPLIMENTS ON WHAT AN AMAZING JOB WAS DONE FOR OUR WEDDING. I WANT TO PERSONALLY THANK DINO FOR MAKING OUR EVENT FOREVER MEMORABLE. STEVE YOU WERE AWESOME GETTING ALL OUR STUFF SET UP WITH US. PRICE WAS EXCELLENT. I WOULD RECOMMEND EUROPA SOUNDS TO ANYONE. WE WILL DEFINITELY USE THEM FOR OUR FUTURE EVENTS. THANK YOU GUYS! FROM THE KOUSTOUBARDIS'S

Sent on 06/03/2017

Thank you Stephan!

anthi · Married on 05/20/2017

Europa Sounds was so great! My husband and I hired Steve and team for our wedding in May 2017. At our reception we had both Europa Sounds play as well as a separate band. Steve and team did a great job of coordinating with the band and made sure that my husband and I were 100% happy with the mix of dj/band and the music altogether. I would highly recommend Europa Sounds for any event. In fact, we hired them for a family baptism and another family event in September. Thank you for making our reception amazing!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Europa Sounds's reply:

Thank you Anthi , see you in September.

Judy · Married on 05/14/2017

Paul and I are so happy that we went with Europa! Steve and his team were amazing and made our wedding a day that we'll never forget! Farouk was out of this world on the percussion and Dino made sure to have EVERYONE on that dance floor at all times! Thank you guys for a night that we will always cherish and we will be recommending your services to our family and friends!

Judy and Paul

Sent on 05/27/2017

Thank you Judy & Paul!

Dafne · Married on 05/06/2017

Loved the europa sound team! We had an amazing time at our wedding and everyone loved the music! Had everyone dancing until the last minute! Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 05/31/2017
  • F

Faye · Married on 04/23/2017

Thank You Steve for making our special day so memorable. Perfect mix of greek, spanish, and american music. Everyone had a blast! I was dancing all night, I didnt even eat!! And the photo booth was a hit.

Sent on 04/29/2017

Thanks faye!

kathy · Married on 12/03/2016

I HAVE WORKED WITH STEVE AND EUROPA SOUNDS FOR OVER 15 YEARS! BOTH FOR THE FOUNDATION I FOUNDED AND PERSONAL EVENTS. STEVE & HIS STAFF ARE BOTH PROFESSIONAL & A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH. THEY MAKE YOUR EVENT SEEM EFFORTLESS AND RUN SMOOTHLY! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EUROPA SOUNDS

Sent on 12/03/2016

Europa Sounds's reply:

Thank you Kathy, looking forward to working with you again this year.

Nicole · Married on 11/05/2016

Dont look any further for your music. Steve and crew are the absolute best. Still getting calls about the music and percussionist. My friends remarked that my wedding was the #1 greatest wedding they have ever been to. From start to finish Steve made sure it was magical! I wish i could do it all over again!!! Thank you Europa Sounds!!

Sent on 11/07/2016

thank you Nicole & Jay!

stephen · Married on 10/09/2016

The whole team at Europa Sounds was amazing! They worked closely with us to choose a package that would best fit our needs. They took any questions and concerns in a timely manner and helped ease our last minute planning worries! THe night of our wedding they kept our dance floor packed and our guests happy! Steve and his team played the songs we requested while choosing their own to keep the flow of the night going. They used our own personal pictures to make a touching slide show, as well as put pictures from throughout the night on the TVs they provided. It was truly a great touch. You will not regret choosing Europa Sounds! We are so happy we did!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Europa Sounds's reply:

Thank you Stephen for the review, best of luck to the both of you.