Ettore's European Bakery & Restaurant Reviews

46 Reviews for Ettore's European Bakery & Restaurant

1 User photo

• Pattie

Pattie S. · Married on 06/28/2020

Delicious! Worth every penny! The guests raved!

I can not speak highly enough about how delicious, fresh, and wonderful our raspberry cheesecake was for our wedding. Not too sweet, just enough and absolutely to die for! We will definitely be return customers for years to come with all of our big events!

Sent on 06/30/2020

Allie F. · Married on 09/21/2019

Best cake around!

Honestly, our cake selection might have been the easiest part of planning our wedding. Can’t recommend Ettore’s enough. By far the most professional and most delicious!

Sent on 12/12/2019

Mai · Married on 07/07/2018

We had Merebeth at the Natomas catering location meet with us months prior to our wedding and the process was easy and simple! We tried all of the cakes available and finalized three we wanted. On the day of, we heard more reviews about the flavors of our cake than the venue's food! Everyone absolutely loved it! Thank you to Merebeth for your awesome customer service and for helping us with our vision.

Sent on 07/31/2018
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 10/16/2016

Merebeth is truley amazing. She listens to what you are looking for and then as you're talking begins SKETCHING out what she sees in her head that you're explaining. The cake she sketched was perfect! The cake tasting was AMAZING and there's so many flavors to choose from (and it's HARD because they're all incredible!) We're really looking forward to seeing what our cake is going to look like and most of all, EAT IT! We get 4 flavors in ONE cake...how amazing is that? If you don't go here you are truly missing out!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Janna · Married on 10/01/2016

Merebeth was AMAZING. She was able to come up with a plan for our cake even though I didn't have a clear understanding of what I wanted. She put all of my thoughts together and created a masterpiece. The cake was delicious and her process of creating the cake from start to finish was perfection. On the big day I had a gorgeous 4 tier cake with ribbon and cascading fresh flowers. Wonderful job!

Sent on 10/13/2016
  • Debi

Debi · Married on 06/11/2016

We had two cakes from Ettore's, a groom's cake for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding cake. Both were STUNNING as well as tasty. Could not have gotten better!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Katherine · Married on 05/27/2016

Ettore's is AMAZING! Not only do I love their wedding cakes but their restaurant serves up amazing lunch items. My wedding cake flavor was the fruit basket. I believe you can choose up to two or three flavor a but we decided to just stick to one flavor just in case guests complained they wanted one flavor instead of the other. Did not want to deal with that drama. Cake tastes amazing even though I literally was only able to take Two bites during my actual wedding day because of the crazy maddness of being pulled in 20 million different directions. Lol but working with the coordinator, Merebeth, was such a breeze and she was so much fun to work with. Love the fact that she will make you a complimentary 4 inch round cake for your one year anniversary and it can be any flavor you want. Love it!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Brittany · Married on 03/26/2016

AMAZING!!! Best cake & wedding cake we've ever had! I now know why Merebeth was so surprised to hear we had never eaten, let alone heard of Ettore's prior to searching for wedding cake bakeries. The cake tasting was awesome. We got to try about 8 flavors of cake and go through photos and favorite styles we liked. I went in only wanting a simple cake with frosting and flowers because I thought that was all we could afford. Merebeth listened to what our vision was and sketched up our DREAM cake, it was absolutely beautiful. I was so excited to see our cake the day of our wedding and was even MORE impressed. It was delicious and perfect.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/17/2015

Not only were my wedding cakes from Ettores the most delicious cakes anyone has ever tasted (just ask my guests), but Merebeth worked so hard to make my biggest dream come true!

As soon as I got engaged, I didn't start browsing the internet for wedding dresses or wedding rings or glitzy new shoes. All I really cared about were my cakes. I had dreamed for years about having all of my guests get individual mini-wedding cakes. That's right! Envision giant petit fours for everyone.

Most bakeries laughed and refused to do it. Others quoted me the most ridiculous prices. Merebeth was the one who made everything a reality, and the cakes were probably the most stunning and unusual element of my wedding that everyone is still talking about.

Merebeth also helped me surprise my groom with a groom's cake at our rehearsal dinner that was made to look like a golf course and even included a tiny chocolate replica of his actual golf bag! Amazing bakery, amazing people.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Kevin · Married on 09/18/2015

Best cake I have ever had. It was beautiful inside and out and would definitely recommend ettores to other couples.

Sent on 10/21/2015

I received a few quotes for cake designs in the Sacramento area and ultimately decided to work with MaryBeth at Ettore's. I've never even met her in person, but she's an absolute doll to work with over the phone and email since I live 2 hours away from our wedding site. She made the process very easy and super flexible. For the cake tasting, she had set aside a full box of slices of wedding cake flavors that were 90% heavenly. Even the lemon flavored cake I tried was good, and I don't like lemon flavored anything. I would not hesitate to recommend Ettore's for your wedding cake desires for service, quality and pricing was reasonable too. We can't wait to see how our top cake tastes on our one year wedding anniversary!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Rhonda · Married on 08/29/2015

Beautiful and perfect and delicious! Not only was our wedding cake beautiful, but it was so delicious that we did not have any cake left over, which was kind of a bummer because the next day all I could think about was having a piece of wedding cake! No worries though, because on our 1st anniversary we get a free top cake that matches our cake....I can't wait! I think the best part was the tasting, and worst part was having to choose which flavors. Their cakes are so delicious, it's hard to choose, so I did each layer a different flavor...it was a huge success.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Service here is great, and they're cakes are amazing! Pricing is not bad at all either.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Maria · Married on 07/10/2015

I have nothing negative to say about Ettores. When we first met with Merebeth we knew we were going in the right direction. I had tagged along my auntie and uncle, my cousin, grandmother and my husband for the cake tasting. Every flavor we had tasted made the decision even harder in choosing the 4 flavors of our cake. I was able to show her examples of difference cakes that I like and she was able to put together a sketch using different elements of the cakes that I loved.

A few days later, I had contacted her to request a surprise grooms cake. She was able to come up with a design and send it to me asap. After I agreed, I sent in the payment and we were set for the wedding.

The cake was delivered on time. Once my husband and I walked into the room for a ballroom reveal, the cake was the first thing we noticed. It was everything and so much more. It was such a beautiful cake that I didn't want to cut into it. Once everyone had tasted the cake I received so any comments on how amazing the cake was.

I know we did right when we broke Ettores for our wedding cake.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Chelsie · Married on 01/18/2015

I absolutely loved going through Ettore's for our wedding cake needs. We ended up with two cakes - a beautiful 3 tiered traditional and a half a sheet cake that was decorated for a grooms cake. Their prices are incredibly reasonable and they even offer a discount if you pay the full amount at once. They were very upfront about what could and could not be done with buttercream. When we went for tastings it was a done deal. So good! For the grooms cake, the decorator took pictures that I sent her of our game characters and created them in chocolate. She then printed the map of the world that we play in and decorated the grooms cake. Above and beyond. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Stephanie · Married on 11/08/2014

I loved my wedding cakes from Ettore's. We got four delicious cakes for the price of one normal wedding cake. I worked with a woman named Merebeth who helped me choose the delicious cakes as well as gave me advice on things I could do to keep the cost down; one being to not use fondant! (Frankly, I've never seen the point of fondant!) The other wonderful tidbit is, if you come back with your original receipt at your 1 year wedding anniversary, Ettore's will make you a small anniversary cake for free!

I'm so glad we went with Ettore's! Delicious cake at a very economical price.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Camille · Married on 10/12/2014

Ettore's was absolutely amazing and Merebeth was so great to work with. She walked us through flavors and pricing from day one and was so flexible and understanding through all the changes I made to the design! We ended up with a cake with three different designs on each layer, including lace to match my dress. Wouldn't change a thing and so glad I chose ettore's.

Only thing I didn't think about was that I had the cake up on a stage to show it off, and my guests weren't able to take a close look at how beautiful it was! Take that as a lesson brides!!!!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/11/2014

Our cake was phenomenal! We got so many compliments on both it's looks and flavor! We went with the Princess Torte. It was somewhat light and fluffy which made for a great dessert after a very filling dinner! I would highly recommend Ettore's! Very easy to work with.

Sent on 10/28/2014

The cakes were perfect! I ordered a custom grooms cake, and my wedding cake. Not only did they taste amazing but they looked beautiful! They were amazing to work with! I sent over 30 pictures for my cake and it came out better than I could have imagined!

Sent on 02/23/2015

To Merebeth and her team, thank you for your wonderful and delicious wedding cake creation. I truly believe I have seen no wedding cake more beautiful than mine - and it fit our theme perfectly.

Sent on 11/02/2013

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE our wedding cake. Merebeth was so sweet at our tasting and patient. I knew I wanted the cake to be square but other than that, I had no idea. We decided on a 3 tier cake with several sheet cakes. Ettore's took the stencil design from our wedding invitations and added them to our top layer of the cake. They had so many beautiful sample cakes and she was really helpful with coming up with ideas and options. We had so many delicious flavors to try at our tasting. It made it really hard to decide. The best part was, we really didn't have to. We basically got to have a little bit of everything. We did 3 different flavors in our 3 tiers and then we did additonal flavors of sheet cake. Merebeth is extremely prompt about email responses and I really appreciate that. And even better.. for our one year anniversary, we get another cake! We didn't have to save any of our wedding cake. :)

Sent on 01/08/2014

Erin · Married on 06/02/2013

Our cake was really, really amazing!! Not only did it look beautiful but it tasted devine. Marybeth made my cake look absolutely perfect and she was a real pleasure to work with. Ettore's is also really affordable AND they give you a free anniversary cake when you go back the next year. I highly recommend them! Either for cake or for a dessert bar.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Merebeth here is simply amazing. The cake was just as delicious as it was during the tasting.

Sent on 05/27/2013
  • User2042955 · 2+ years ago

Amazing cake and design came out great.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Victoria · Married on 10/28/2011

I had 5 sheet cakes with 5 different flavors and there was nothing left after the wedding (and yes I even over ordered). The cakes were all so yummy that most guests had to try different varieties, and not just stick with one. I also ordered a special girly cutting cake for photos and for me to eat, and I ordered a special grooms cake decked out in all of my husband favorite things (for him to eat). Ordering was easy, delivery was easy, and everything turned out great!

Sent on 04/04/2012