133 Reviews for Ethan Allen Hotel

House Liquor (3)
Decor (3)
Lighting (3)
Chocolate Fountain (3)
All Inclusive Packages (2)
Specialty Beer (2)
Specialty Wine (2)
Pet Friendly (1)
Wireless Internet (1)
Chair Covers (1)
Shuttle (1)
132 Ethan Allen Hotel Reviews

My husband Brian and I got married here in November 2017. Our wedding coordinator Eileen, the staff, Sue, and Janice made our special day very special. Eileen helped us every step of the way planning the ceremony, reception, favors, and breakfast the next day. She suggested vendors that fit our personalities and this was so helpful since we were coming from out of town. She helped us plan the decor in the conservatory which made for the most beautiful space for the ceremony. The reception was gorgeous and so fun we lost track of time. The menu we chose was very specific to suit many diets and they accommodated everything we asked for. Excellent carving station and our guests raved about the potatoes!! She takes the stress away the day of the wedding and takes care of all the details that would have made us crazy. My family wishes we lived closer so we could have all our events at Ethan Allen Hotel. We will never forget everything you did for us. We are forever grateful. Love you Eileen and thank you

Profile Picture Kate, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Ethan Allen Hotel was very accommodating to our wedding. We had over 100 guests staying at the hotel, we had the rehearsal dinner, an after-party and a brunch all at the hotel. The staff was very attentive, set everything up for us and handled everything with ease. The food was delicious and the amenities were clean, professional and just what we were looking for in a hotel. The hotel handled the gift bags perfectly and guests complimented their attentiveness.

Profile Picture Stacy, 10/14/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Accommodations

Eileen was such a joy to work with. She catered to our needs at every turn and we knew in full confidence that going into our wedding day everything would be perfect because of her and her wonderful staff! We would definitely recommend Ethan Allen for any event!
-Anthony & Kelly

Profile Picture Anthony , 10/1/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Uncovered Outdoor

The Ethan Allen Hotel was the perfect place for our wedding. After reviewing a few other options, we decided on Ethan Allen because of the price, staff, and proximity of the venue. I can safely say this was an excellent decision. We had several meetings with Eileen who helped us through every step of the process. Our big day went off without a hitch thanks to Eileen! Every single person we’ve talked to has said it was one of the best weddings they’ve been to. From the gorgeous scenery in the courtyard to the table settings and banquet room, every single thing was exactly how we imagined it. The food, drinks, and cake were all amazing. The staff was friendly and incredibly helpful. I cannot recommend The Ethan Allen enough, thank you to all who helped make our day the best day of our lives! If you’re looking for a venue then you should absolutely take a hard look at Ethan Allen!

Profile Picture Greg, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Words can't express how happy and grateful we are with Ethan Allen Hotel - especially with Eileen Whitney ( events coordinator ). She was so kind, organized, helpful, and most important, she was able to take away the overwhelming feeling (that allowed us bride and groom) to enjoy our wedding day. She made sure that everything was ready for us. We didn't worry about anything. I can't thank her enough for all she's done for us through out the days of planning, until the actual date. Once again...thank you thank you!!! You are the best!!!

Profile Picture Adriana, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s)

I don't even know where to begin. Eileen, thank you! From the moment we met you we knew that you were going to make our wedding perfect, and you did!! You were ALWAYS available, even on your days off. I can not wait to have a reason to work with you again. The food, the staff, and the decor was all perfect. Truly the best decision we ever made!

Profile Picture eliana, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I got married at Ethan Allen hotel last month! We had looked at many venues before, attempting to find a completely handicap accessible venue as he is paralyzed. Having been to an awesome wedding before at Ethan Allen, we checked it out for our wedding and once again found that not only was it perfect for our wheelchair wedding, but also so accommodating to our many guests traveling from out of state! From the beggining Eileen was there for us, not only as our wedding liaison but also as our friend! She totoally got my vision and brought it to life beautifully, all while making sure everything was accommodating for my husband! The food was amazing, the party was great, the hotel is beyond gorgeous and our guests all had a wonderful time!! Thank you Ethan Allen hotel and Eileen!! It was the best day ever!!

Profile Picture Elisa, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Indoor, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink

I could not hope for a better venue for our wedding! Eileen, the Catering Director is a rock star! she understood my needs and vision for the wedding from get go! Everyone I interacted with was very pleasant and professional. The Hotel has a very nice outdoor space with a gazebo, makes the perfect setting for a wedding ceremony! the day of my wedding it rained, everyone worked really hard to dry out the space so I can have my perfect outdoor wedding!!
We also had a lot of our guests stayed at the hotel, very comfortable and spacious rooms!

Profile Picture Nathalia, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding at the Ethan Allen on June 3, 2017 and literally everything was perfect!! Eileen is wonderful to work with and really made my dreams a reality on the day of. She is a perfectionist like me so the finishing touches and small details were beyond perfect! The cocktail hour was delicious as well as the main courses, everyone was raving about the food. As guests were leaving we kept hearing people say it was the best wedding they ever been to. Our DJ, big daddy, who I highly recommend was incredible. The party started the second we walked in and didn't end till the last song. I highly highly recommend having your wedding at the Ethan Allen. The price is right and you get a lot for that price. Again, Eileen is wonderful to work with and takes all the stress of planning a wedding away, I had full trust in her and my day turned out better than I could have ever imagined!! Thank you Eileen and the rest of the staff at the Ethan Allen!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We celebrated our wedding at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Spring 2017. After researching and seeing many venues local to Fairfield County/Northern Westchester, we loved the idea of having a venue that offered the ease of allowing guests to head straight up to their rooms at the end of the night - plus the property was beautifully renovated over the last two years! Taking everything into consideration (location, pricing, food, service, etc.) and having attended other receptions at the Ethan Allen Hotel, we knew it would be the right choice for us to celebrate our special day. What we didn't realize at first, however, was just how special the wedding coordinator, Eileen, was in helping us organize our reception. From our initial meeting, we knew we were in good hands. Many times in the "wedding process" making decisions, organizing vendors, and ensuring that all is in line can feel like a daunting process. Having Eileen on our team made everything that much easier. She was consistently prompt in her replies, fair in honoring pricing and packages, and always willing to meet in person to go over any questions that arose. Months prior to the event, Eileen allowed us to come in to the restaurant on property with our parents to sample some of the menu options in what was a small, private event. Here, we really got to know Eileen as a person, and she walked us through all the details and even introduced us to the chef. This personal touch truly makes the difference between other venues in the area. Needless to say, on the day of the event we thought the food was great and many of our guests said they truly enjoyed their meals. When it came to working with various vendors around the area, Eileen was often familiar with them and made our decision-making process that much easier. She never rushed us and was always on top of things. In the end, Eileen and her team at the Ethan Allen gave us a wonderful wedding reception that we will never forget and I know our guests won't either!

Profile Picture Catherine, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I looked at a lot of places to hold our wedding reception. None felt special to me. When I went to the Ethan Allen, I was in love. The Regency was beautiful, the hotel was recently renovated, and we just knew this was the right place for us. Our first visit was unscheduled and it was late at night. The staff accommodated our intrusion with nothing but courtesy. We made an appointment with Eileen to discuss our wedding. I could take over the whole page talking about Eileen, so I will be brief. I could not have asked for a better person to have at my side during the wedding planning process. Eileen Whitney is the most amazing person at her job. We are so grateful to the Ethan Allen for everything that they did to make our day special.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 3/31/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Had a wonderful experience at Ethan Allen! Beautiful space, great value for the money and Eileen is fabulous at coordinating weddings!!

Profile Picture Erica, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Everthing was absolutely fabulous!!!! Food was fantastic and everyone had a great time!

Profile Picture Erica, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I were sure we wanted to have our wedding reception at the EAHotel as soon as we met Eileen. We knew she would make everything run smoothly and work to make our special day perfect. We were not disappointed. Our guests absolutely raved about the food (which was phenomenal) as well as about the service from all of the staff. Everyone was willing to go above and beyond and provide any assistance that was necessary, including getting some ice cream to comfort my 2 year-old nephew/ring bearer after he felt and busted open his lip. The cocktail hour space feels more like a home (with the fire place and comfy seating) and since my husband and I were able to attend that it really felt like we got to welcome everyone to a party we were hosting. Eileen gave me and the bridal party the hospitality suite off of the ballroom for the whole day, so we had enough space for make-up and hair to be happening for all 11 of us that needed it. Eileen really makes you feel like you are planning and organizing this event with a friend. All of my vendors (photographer, florist, etc.) were so happy to be able to work with Eileen again. We ended up having 50 hotel rooms used from all of our guests and I had wanted to provide breakfast the next morning for them. Eileen made up tickets that my guests were given when they checked in that they just had to turn in at Sunday's breakfast then I paid for how many tickets were turned in. It was perfect, just like everything else on that day.

Profile Picture Meghan, 2/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

With recent renovations to the hotel, my number one recommendation is to book early. My daughter's wedding on 12/31/16 was booked in March 2015 to ensure we locked in the date. The property is well appointed. The service was above the norm. There were many highlights but two were especially noteworthy. The Wedding Coordinator, Eileen Whitney, is the ultimate professional. Weddings can be a very stressful event. Eileen took the time before and during the event to ensure everything went as planned. That level of hands-on attention to detail separates her from others. She was a positive presence throughout the day of the event and eased any concerns we had. The other standout highlight for us was the beverage and catering staff. Food -- delicious, beverage service staff -- attentive. I personally met the head chef who took time away from preparing desserts to greet us. Very humble demeanor and excellent at his craft. I still have no idea how they can prepare and serve warm, perfectly prepared meals for 170 people without a hitch. And the desserts -- great presentation and flavor with nothing overly sugary. All in all, an "11" on a scale of 1-10. Many thanks to the whole staff.

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Thanks to Eileen and the Ethan Allen we had our dream wedding. Eileen was nothing short of amazing. She took our vision and brought it to life, making the day magical. I would highly recommend Eileen and the Ethan Allen.

Profile Picture Kristy, 12/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter was married Thanksgiving weekend, and our friends & family are still raving about the hotel, room accomodations, food and party! But most important to this special day was Eileen Whitney, the Catering Director - She does not disappoint....she is the BEST! Finely tuned in to her couples, Eileen will guide you to a perfect day! She's warm and friendly, always available to answer questions & always one step ahead of the bride & groom. She was there every step of the way with us from helping plan to decorating (she is extremely creative & carried the theme & color scheme throughout the wedding!), & suggested the floral, bakery & cocktail music vendors that were just right for us. She oversaw the rehearsal the night before the wedding, and with her fantastic staff, was at the ceremony & cocktail hour, right to walking us thru the doors to the reception, where Gregory took over and saw to our every need! Thank you Eileen and your fantastic staff for making our lives so easy through it all, but mostly because according to Alison & Chris, the bride & groom, "...it was the best day ever!"

Profile Picture Charlene, 11/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Entertainer, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Amazing is all I can say. From the first moment I met Eileen I knew that the Ethan Allen was the right venue for my wedding. She perfected every detail and she got my 2 1/2 yr old son down the isle without any problem! Every guest stated that this was the best wedding they ever attended. The food was top notch. They even had a DJ in the bar when our wedding ended so we could keep celebrating. I'm actually going to miss planning my wedding with Eileen. It was an amazing and easy experience. I can't say thank you enough!

Profile Picture Merissa, 11/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I don't even know where to begin with my experience. I guess it all started with Eileen. She was absolutely amazing through the whole process of planning. Any time I had a question she always got back to me in a timely fashion. She would give me suggestions when I had no clue what I was doing and would find a solution if there was an issue. You are in very good hands once you book the hotel. Not only was she amazing but the staff there as well. We had our rehearsal dinner there too. All of the staff were so attentive and nice. I couldn't have asked for a more smooth weekend. All weekend my husband and I were getting compliments left and right about how beautiful the hotel was and how amazing the food was. You will not be disappointed with the food! My friend actually told me that she would make a special trip just to go back to eat at the restaurant. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. If you are looking for an elegant venue for an amazing price, look no further! You will have the most stress free experience. The Ethan Allen Hotel is the way to go.

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I have to say my husband and I looked high and low for the perfect venue to have our wedding and nothing compares to what you get at Ethan Allen for the money you pay. The entire process was so simple. From our first meeting with Eileen prior to the Bridal show that is hosted at Ethan Allen we knew that this was our venue. Eileen is a straight shooter and there is no hidden anything. She lays everything out on the table for you and you can take it or leave it. Well we took it! Our wedding was on 10/15/16 we had the most perfect weather and everything from soup to nuts was great. All of our guests raved about the food and the great time they had. We certainly could not have done it without the help of Eileen and all of the fabulous staff at Ethan Allen. Jason and I thank you so very very much!! We could not have asked for a better wedding reception!

Profile Picture Carrie, 10/15/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Two years ago we walked into the Ethan Allen and absolutely knew we wanted to get married there, especially after we met Eileen!!!! Whenever I wanted to meet with Eileen to go over details about our wedding, or emailed her with loads of questions, Eileen always took the time out to answer our questions and make us feel important! She really goes out of her way to make sure things are perfect, and adds the little extras to make your day unique! Our wedding day was gorgeous, and I can say it was one of the BEST days of my life!!!! Everything was perfect! Not to mention- the atmosphere, the food, the drinks, the staff, and the rooms are all wonderful!!!!!! Highly and totally recommend the Ethan Allen for any event!!!!! Also, there are many surrounding landscapes that are very pretty for pictures too!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/7/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I started our venue search with a detailed spreadsheet with LOTS of venues that looked good to us and offered what we were looking for in our price range. We visited Ethan Allen first... booked it that night without hesitation!

Words cannot describe how amazing Ethan Allen Hotel is. The venue is just stunning! However, Eileen and her staff is what makes this place AMAZING! From the very first night we meant Eileen, we knew we wanted to work with her. She has this amazing ability to make you feel comfortable and like you've been friends for ages even though she just met you. Throughout the entire process, she never once made us feel like we were bothering her with our endless list of questions. All her suggestions and recommendations were ON POINT! Ladies and gents, she knows what she's doing!

We all deserve a wonderful wedding - and our wedding was absolutely flawless and perfect, thanks to Ethan Allen! I honestly could not have asked for a better day even though it was rainy and gloomy. We have gotten so many compliments on the venue, on the amazing food, and on the fantastic service provided by all the staff at Ethan Allen. We even heard LOTS of compliments on how amazing the rooms are. So many people told us, it was the best wedding they have ever been to. That I believe is the biggest compliment a newlywed couple could hear.

Trust me, if you book your wedding at Ethan Allen you will not be disappointed. We cannot wait to visit on our 1st anniversary!

Thank you, Eileen! You're simply the BEST!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 10/1/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Our wedding was so perfect. I am so gladwe picked Ethan Allen Hotel for our wedding venue. It was so worth the price!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My advice for any couple looking for a great wedding venue would be to have Eileen and her team do your wedding. We knew immediately that this was the place for us. So classy yet understated elegance. Eileen and her team could not have been easier to work with. For the price of the reception you actually get a wedding planner!! Eileen is on top of things and can make suggestions to help plan. The food is excellent, the restrooms are immaculate, the staff is courteous and professional. The chef has made a name for himself in the Danbury area. Eileen truly cares about each of her brides and goes above and beyond to make her day the best day ever. It shows in the every wedding she does. Planning was a breeze. Eileen has room drawing and questions to help you get started. She responds to email and call immediately. This is the place to go!!!!!

Profile Picture teresa, 9/23/16, 1 Review