Essential Sounds Entertainment Reviews

166 | Belmar, NJ

166 Reviews for Essential Sounds Entertainment

Kim · Married on 05/03/2014

I absolutely love PJ! From the moment we first met with him I knew that he would be awesome! He was so attentive to who we were as a couple and wanted to make sure that the music fit us. Even days after the wedding, guests kept saying how great the DJ was. I love that he played everything we asked for and kept people dancing without being overwhelming to our guests. Don't waste your time with other DJs...just use Essential Sounds!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Tracy · event on: 04/27/2014

Anthony did my daughter's sweet 16. Her primary request was she wanted was for her friends to dance all night. Dance all night they did! Anthony did a great job and keeping the kids up and on their feet all night. He incorporated all the music we asked for and played other tunes that the kids loved. I would highly recommend Anthony for any event.

Sent on 05/07/2014

Erin · Married on 04/25/2014

PJ is AMAZING!!! We did not have to worry one bit about music with PJ. He understood what we were looking for at our wedding and he hit it on point! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ, he had our crowd up and dancing the ENTIRE night! (My feet still hurt!!) Thank you PJ for such a WONDERFUL wedding. We couldn't have boogied our butts off all night without you!!! Thank you!!!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Josie · Married on 04/18/2014

We had a wonderful experience working with PJ to plan the wedding music. PJ was very thorough and understood the music choices we were looking for. The wedding was amazing - dancing all night, music was tremendous. We highly recommend Essential Sounds.

Sent on 05/13/2014
  • Jessee

Jessee · Married on 04/05/2014

We had our wedding this past Saturday and the American Hotel in Freehold NJ, and OH MANNN. I wish their were words better then amazing and awesome. PJ and the guys are the best. Great music was played and the dance floor was occupied the whole wedding. Wonderful wonderful wonderful.

Sent on 04/09/2014

Melody · event on: 04/05/2014

Anthony From Essential Sounds was amazing! He DJ'd a fundraiser for us and thanks to him, everyone had a blast! He was on time, professional and a fun guy! He was able to read the crowd very well and change things up when needed. He had people on the dance floor all night long! His range of music was amazing, everything from top 40 to old school to latino! It was awesome! We can't wait for next year!!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Kelly · Married on 03/29/2014

We hired Essential Sounds after meeting at a tasting at Doolan's. As soon as we started talking with PJ we knew that he understood exactly what we were looking for! After having a meeting and a few messages back and forth we knew we found the perfect DJ's for us! We could not be happier with our choice! They helped us and made several suggestions. PJ & his team were incredible! I still have people coming up to me a month later raving about how wonderful they were! We highly recommend Essential Sounds for any event!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Tracy · event on: 03/22/2014

The birthday party I threw for my husband brought together different groups of friends that had never met. PJ Windle was so great at playing the right music for the right time and getting all guests up and dancing, He was also on top of making announcements before I even asked him to. Our party was a huge success -all night guest were coming up to me saying what a fantastic party it was. PJ had everything to do with that!

Sent on 03/23/2014

Cristina · event on: 03/22/2014

Anthony was awesome! He could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Would definitely hire him for another event!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Cassandra · Married on 03/21/2014

We had our wedding this past Friday and it was an absolute BLAST! PJ and his assistant kept our guests dancing all night and played just enough of every genre to keep guests of all ages happy. Everyone was raving about the music.

Throughout the entire planning process, PJ was quick to respond to every question we had, and each meeting with him reassured us that we had made the right choice. Not only did he take the time to get to know our taste in music, but he got to know US and it made a huge difference on our big night. The wedding wouldn't have been the same without Essential Sounds Entertainment-- I'm so thankful we found them!

Thanks again PJ for a wonderful night to remember - Cassie&Edgar

Sent on 03/24/2014

Kathleen · Married on 02/22/2014

thank you so much PJ for making our wedding day so wonderful! it's not hard to get our family on the dance floor but they had nothing but wonderful things to say about song selection & how smoothly the reception went! such a great day :)

Sent on 03/24/2014
  • User3849415 · event on: 01/11/2014

PJ was committed to understanding the atmosphere we were trying to create and he made it happen. He was open to specific requests and he kept the timing of the evening moving on track. Professional, communicative, on-time, targeted the age group appropriately.

Sent on 01/24/2014

Desiree · event on: 01/09/2014

We used Essential Sounds entertainment for our corporate Holiday Party in January, and everyone was overwhelmingly pleased. PJ did a fantastic job of selecting the perfect songs for the mood of the event and the night, whether it was during dinner, dancing, cocktail hour, etc. Everyone was having such a good time, that they didn't want the night to end, and we extended our party an extra half hour! A huge thank you to Essential Sounds Entertainment for making it a memorable night that our employees won't stop talking about! :) Anyone who needs a DJ should absolutely contact them! I know that we will definitely be using them again for future events!

Sent on 02/27/2014

Donna · Married on 11/30/2013

It is difficult to put into words just how amazing Essential Sounds - PJ - was at our wedding. PJ spent time with us prior to our wedding day and totally figured us out! He played the absolutely perfect choices for our special day. Our guests ranged in age from 10 to 87 and every single person loved the music, and the atmosphere, made possible because of PJ's professionalism and ability to personalize our evening. Our entry and every announcement was accurate, clear and done with great energy. The music for our ceremony was provided by PJ - and again it was flawless. I loved and admired that PJ politely and professionally choose not to play a request made by a guest - it was something that we discussed with PJ and did not want played at our wedding. When I learned of this, it became even clearer to me that PJ did everything - and then some - to make our wedding an amazing night to remember. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Rick · Married on 11/23/2013

Would definitely recommend their services to anyone! The level of professionalism was outstanding ! Thank you so much for making our day awesome!!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Kayleigh · Married on 10/26/2013

I would definitely recommend Essential Sounds to anyone who is looking for a DJ for any type of event! PJ is awesome and my now husband and I were so pleased with him not just on our Wedding day, but throughout the entire process. We could tell that he really cared about what we wanted to hear at our Wedding and that his goal was to make sure that we were happy with the music he would be playing. Any questions that I had for PJ (and there were quiet a few!) were always answered quickly and being the stressed out bride that I was it was so nice to know that I could email him at any time with any question and I wouldn't have to wait days for a response! I usually got an answer within minutes! It was such a relief to have Essential Sounds as our DJ company because I knew that PJ understood exactly what we wanted and would take care of all the music and I could focus on other parts of the Wedding! Thank you PJ and Essential Sounds for listening to us and playing exactly what we wanted to hear on our Wedding day!!!
    Kayleigh & Scott

Sent on 11/19/2013

Anthony · Married on 10/26/2013

DJ Matt from Essential Sounds absolutely killed it at our wedding. They did a phenomenal job--we could not have been more pleased with them.

Sent on 03/04/2014

Susan · Married on 10/12/2013

Anthony and Chris kept the party rockin all night long! They were so professional and Anthony singing was a nice bonus. Everybody had a great time! A+ guys!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Casey · Married on 10/05/2013

PJ Windle at Essential Sounds is a wonderful DJ. He really loves what he does and knows how to keep a party going. It was really important to me that the dance floor stay full at all times. PJ made sure that everyone was up and dancing the whole time! He knows just how to transition from song-to-song and knows when to change the mood. He will also get as involved as you want him to, which is great if you just want "music," but you're not looking for an "entertainer" necessarily. PJ also did a great job getting our music preferences beforehand so that every song played was one that we absolutely loved!!!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Cori · Married on 09/29/2013

PJ and his staff where excellent!! From the moment we booked him we knew our wedding was going to be a blast. Telling him our taste in music and what we where looking for he immediately knew what styles to play at our wedding and how to keep the energy and fun going. He was always quick to respond to any questions we could possibly have and was able to give us some excellent pointers that we might have missed. You can tell he has a passion for what he does and loves every moment. We had so many people at the wedding say they had such an amazing time and how spot on the music was. I would recommend essential sounds entertainment to anyone looking to have the best music entertainment

Sent on 10/06/2013

Dana · Married on 09/20/2013

My biggest fear in planning my wedding was that the music wouldn't be great and no one would dance which is why we went with Essential Sounds Entertainment- PJ made sure that DID NOT happen! He worked with my husband and I on our very different music tastes and provided us with a great mix of it all. I wish the night could have gone on forever, everyone was having so much fun dancing. We also booked a last minute photo booth through them and I am SO GLAD we did as our guests really seemed to have fun with it! Do not hesitate to book Essential Sounds Entertainment, you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Kellene · Married on 09/14/2013

Essential Sounds is amazing! We heard them at another wedding and knew we had to have them for ours. Not only are the responsive, but they really take the time to understand your requests, budgets and timing. We worked with PJ directly, and he is the absolute best! He took the initiative to set up multiple phone calls and send follow-up emails for everything. He took the time to understand the types of music we wanted, made fantastic suggestions and kept our guests on the dance floor the whole night. They couldn't stop raving about how great the music was and how much fun they had. What we enjoyed the most about Essential Sounds is that they don't just play music, they time perfectly music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner service and dance... everything melded so well and truly reflected our personalities. We highly recommend PJ and his company to anyone that is looking for professionalism and a good time.

Sent on 09/25/2013
  • Tatum

Tatum · Married on 09/14/2013

What can I say here, these guys ROCKED our wedding.
    My husband and I knew the moment we chatted with PJ that this was the DJ for us! We explained that our reception would be a bit unique as my husband is a drummer and his band was going to play for a portion of the wedding; Essential Sounds was all over it, and just as excited as we were.
    We had Matt Night & Ryan McCrorey as our DJ duo and I can't say enough great things about them. We had a few chats with Matt prior to the wedding, went over all the "must haves" and "I'll hurt you if you play the chicken dance" - he was so accommodating and to be frank we felt like he was an old friend that we hadn't met yet.
    With my husband being a musician he is a perfectionist when it comes to timing and specific moments in a song- these guys NAILED every single one we had, from on the spot editing for our bridal party entrance to the seamless transition when the band and the DJ picked up the exact same song. Myself, my husband and our guests were on the dance floor until the end- and we all know that a bride and groom's biggest fear is no one dancing at the biggest party you'll ever throw.
    We just loved having a DJ team that was just as excited about our wedding as we were!!!
    Would I recommend Essential Sounds Entertainment?? TO EVERYONE I KNOW- and I have passed along their information to pretty much everyone I know. We couldn't be happier with the professionally of PJ and his crew, they made a very special day even better.
    Thank you so much, we are so grateful for everything you guys did for us!!!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Ryan · Married on 09/13/2013

From our initial consultation, continuing through planning and phone calls and emails, up to and including our wedding day the staff at Essential Sounds Entertainment provided absolute professional and knowledgeable service. They made the entire process easy and stress-free. They not only provided excellent DJ/MC service they also provided the photobooth which was a huge success at the reception. From the first dance to the last they had the dance floor filled to capacity. Thank You so much to Essential Sounds and especially PJ, Matt, and Ryan.

Sent on 09/27/2013

Maria · Married on 09/07/2013

Everything was incredible at our reception! The Photo Booth was awesome. We had SOOOOOOOOO many people comment that the music was perfect all night and that the photo booth was so much fun and well run! The guest book from the booth is so cool, funny and touching. Great memories!!!!

You guys did soooo much for us and did an amazing job at it! I will recommend you highly to any engaged couple I know.....for sure!!! I can't say enough how happy we both were/are.

Sent on 09/08/2013