Essential Sounds Entertainment Reviews

166 | Belmar, NJ

166 Reviews for Essential Sounds Entertainment

Jeneen · Married on 07/30/2017

PJ is one of the most professional and fun vendors I have ever worked with. He responded to all of my questions quickly. He listened to my ideas and help tweak what would flow better. He kept the crowd going. His assistants are also a pleasure to work with. Everyone is so friendly! I will absolutely refer him to everyone I know seeking a DJ. I for sure will use his services again. Perhaps for my daughter's 21st birthday next year!

Thank you PJ and your entire team for making my wedding a fun time!

Jeneen

Sent on 08/01/2017

Justin · Married on 07/03/2017

It was a pleasure to work with PJ and his team! He always answered all questions and emails in a timely manner. He kept my wedding going all night long and always had guests dancing! I would recommend him to anyone and cant wait to have him DJ my sisters wedding next year! Thank again PJ!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Laura · Married on 06/10/2017

This business made my wedding a hit. PJ was always prompt in responding to emails and calls during the early process. Our DJ for the event was Anthony and he was high energy and listened to all of our requests. (Anthony was also very quick to respond to us when we reached out to him) People loved the music and only ever stopped dancing to eat or head to the bar. This is an amazing business that I would recommend to anybody looking for a DJ.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Brianna · Married on 06/10/2017

PJ and his assistant did an AMAZING job at our wedding last weekend! The music flowed all night long and got everyone up dancing. From the cocktail hour selections to the last song of the night they did not disappoint. The uplighting changed the room and made it that much more special, I recommend that you spring for that special touch. Communication and preparation for the big day was seamless and I had no doubt that PJ knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding vibe! I highly recommend this company for your entertainment needs, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2017

I worked with PJ for our May 2017 wedding and could not have been happier.

PJ was fairly priced, accommodating w our schedules, and responsive to our needs. From the moment our guests walked in they were dancing and PJ is so great at reading the room.

We gave him a lot of freedom as far as choosing songs even for some arguably more important parts of the reception and PJ exceeded our expectations every time.

I HIGHLY recommend using PJ for your wedding you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/03/2017

Jayne · Married on 03/18/2017

Essential Sounds was the perfect choice for our wedding. From my initial call to the last moments of our wedding PJ and his staff were extremely professional and accommodating. PJ took the time to get to know us and what we wanted for our special day. All calls and messages were returned very quickly! Our guests were dancing all night long!!
    Thank you for everything!

Sent on 03/31/2017
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/17/2017

PJ was awesome every step of the way! He went through our entire night step-by-step with us and had no problem incorporating our custom songs into our ceremony. He played a great variety of music that appealed to every generation at our wedding, one of our guests even booked him for their own wedding at the end of the night! In addition to DJ services, we opted to have a photo booth. Our guests LOVED it, and we loved looking through the scrapbook at the end of the night. Essential Sounds was probably one of the best choices I made throughout the entire wedding planning process, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 03/29/2017

Deanna · Married on 03/10/2017

PJ and his team were absolutely amazing. His response time to answer questions was within the hour every single time. We loved the up-lighting and he had the dance floor packed all night! He was very flexible and we even extended our wedding an extra hour because everyone was having so much fun!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Priscila · Married on 01/28/2017

Great DJ to work with! Played music for all ages and took request with out hesitation.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Jackie · Married on 11/05/2016

We had PJ from essential sounds at our wedding (11/5/16). From the moment we met/booked him, through the day of the wedding, he was just wonderful - very responsive, personable, easy to work with, and he knows his stuff! We weren't very picky with what we wanted/didn't want, and we felt comfortable trusting PJ's knowledge/experience, which totally paid off - he had everyone up dancing all night long, even our older guests. He worked so well with our venue staff, and helped our wedding reception flow wonderfully. We cannot thank him enough! We went back and forth between a band and a DJ, and are so happy we ended up with PJ and his team. We highly recommend essential sounds!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Sandra · Married on 10/15/2016

Looking for advice? Let me tell you: BOOK PJ!!! Our reception was a disaster except for Essential Sounds Entertainment. PJ was very understanding during the planning process, and understood our tastes intuitively. He really saved the night and made sure everyone had a good time despite all the things that fell apart with our other vendors. He rolled with every unexpected change of plans with a smile on his face. He played songs we love that we hadn't thought to ask for - he was truly an incredible DJ. I cannot recommend PJ & Essential Sounds enough.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Stephen · Married on 10/08/2016

Essential Sounds contributed significantly to our wedding day. The professional preparation prior to the wedding ensured we got exactly what we were looking for. I would highly recommend Essential Sounds and PJ the DJ, to anyone who has a similar event.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Anthony · Married on 09/30/2016

I cannot fathom how our wedding would have been without the quality of service my wife, Emily, and I received from PJ and Essential Sounds Entertainment. All of the music and Emceeing was perfect! All night we were complemented on how much fun our guests had. Not to mention how easy PJ made setting up the day for us! Part of the reason we wanted to work with PJ was his knack for knowing our musical preferences, and the entire ceremony every song was exactly to our liking! PJ does all of the little things you look for: great music and great flow all night, great mic skills, and a knack for wanting to go the extra mile. My wife and I couldn't recommend their services enough!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Malissa · Married on 09/25/2016

We used Essential for our photo-booth on our wedding day. Everyone loved it! PJ was awesome to work with and made the process simple and quick! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Heather · Married on 09/24/2016

PJ and his team made our wedding super special. Since the first phone call we hit it off right from the start. He made us feel comfortable and didn't try to take over the conversation. He was sincere, sweet, and just what we needed for our wedding day. He was entertaining but was not way over the TOP like most DJ's he made it about us and not about him. We can't thank PJ enough for being the perfect match for us. Thank you PJ! You will be highly recommenced and we will use you in the future!! S & H xo

Sent on 11/13/2016

Kerry · Married on 09/23/2016

We were married at the end of September, and worked with PJ. We were very leery about hiring a DJ to start off with, and did not want the over-the-top, obnoxious, club- type DJ. Essential Sounds' motto delivered exactly what we were looking for- upbeat, personalized entertainment without being in-your-face. He was completely professional, friendly, and flexible. The music selection he created for us was great, and he led the reception through everything we wanted. We were not on time for the start of the reception, but PJ took it in stride and kept the party going on schedule regardless. I became quite anxious in the days leading up to the wedding, and I relayed this to PJ, and I have to say he was amazing. He said "I got this", and he totally did. Much appreciated =). I felt very confident and in good hands, and will definitely look to hire them again for any event in the future. I tell everyone looking for a great DJ that PJ and Essential Sounds are the guys to go to.

Sent on 11/25/2016
  • Y

Yazmin · Married on 08/27/2016

We challenged PJ with the tough task of incorporating three styles of music for our multicultural wedding which included Colombian, Greek and American. PJ did not disappoint and did a WONDERFUL job blending all three types of music. All of our guests were happy and truly enjoyed themselves. The dance floor was jam packed the whole night! All the presentations throughout the night were done very well and everyone's name in the bridal party was pronounced perfectly. The personalized monogram that was created for us was very nice and we were happy to see it in the reception venue during the party. PJ was very responsive throughout the whole planning process which made it very helpful for us and he was very easy to work with. We would definitely recommend PJ the DJ for any event especially weddings.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Crystal · Married on 08/19/2016

PJ and his team were amazing!!! They had everyone on the dance floor the entire night and their energy was great. Everyone had so much fun with the photobooth too! PJ was so easy to work with and we didn't have to worry about a thing. You couldn't find a better DJ!!!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Chess · Married on 08/06/2016

We just had our wedding a couple of weeks ago and it was a huge success, a big part of that was PJ and Essential Sounds. The vibes were great and the tunes were rocking. There wasn't a time when the dance floor was empty. He was great at reading the crowd and keeping the energy up. PJ was incredibly easy to work with and very reasonable $$$-wise. I would highly recommend these guys!!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Megan · Married on 07/23/2016

From the start we loved working with PJ! He took the time to get to know our personalities and what we liked. He always answered our emails immediately and was very flexible if we wanted to make changes! He will go all out for you!!!! The man ruptured his achilles just weeks before our wedding and still came and rocked it, boot and all! Everything went off without a hitch and he had the dance floor full all night. Thanks for everything PJ!!!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Danielle · Married on 07/16/2016

We attended our very good friends wedding two years ago and PJ from Essential Sounds was the Entertainment. I didn't eat my dinner all night because the music was so good all I wanted to do was dance! 1 year later my fiancé and I got engaged and he was the first person that I wanted to call to make sure we booked him for our wedding! He was very organized and made everything go so smooth it was refreshing! We had a video chat with him before our wedding and it was great! It was convenient and I felt like we still got everything finalized just as if we went to their office. PJ is one of the nicest and most kind people we have dealt with and I would recommend him to anyone! We had our wedding this past Saturday, July 16th with PJ. Unbelievable!! I don't think the dance floor was ever not packed. From the start, PJ came out to cocktail hour introduced himself and gave us the low down on how the night was going to go. What a great guy! Very organized and still fun to be around! Thank you for making our wedding memorable and for keeping everyone on their feet "literally" We can't wait to see you again at Patrick's sisters wedding in October! You're amazing! Thank you again! Sincerely, Danielle & Patrick

Sent on 07/26/2016

Caitlin · Married on 06/26/2016

PJ & his team at Essential Sounds were so phenomenal to work with. The music played at my wedding reception was one of the main things I cared about- I wanted to have fun at my own wedding and don’t love a lot of traditional “wedding songs.” PJ really took my interests to heart while also catering to the crowd and mixing it up a bit. People were on the dance floor the entire night and a few people mentioned they barely took pictures or ate anything because another good song kept coming on. I wanted to spend some time outside (since we were at the beach) but that didn’t happen either because the music was so good. He was also great about working with us from farther away. My husband and I weren’t able to meet with him live so we did a video chat and PJ was able to suggest songs and play YouTube videos within the chat. He had some amazing ideas that we ended up using for our ceremony/reception. I can’t thank him enough for making the day SO special.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Marissa · Married on 06/25/2016

Essential Sounds Entertainment did an amazing job keeping the party going at our wedding! PJ and his team are great to work with, and really know how to get people on the dance floor. We've been to several Essential Sounds weddings and they are always a blast! We highly recommend Essential Sounds Entertainment!
    -Marissa and Gary Stafford

Sent on 07/15/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/18/2016

-I first met PJ when he was DJ-ing my sister's wedding. My immediate first impression was that he was extremely personable, while simultaneously ensuring every detail was accounted for. I distinctly recall him reviewing each of the bridal party members' name pronunciation so that he would announce everyone correctly. Later on after seeing nearly everyone dancing (like really, realllllly gettin' giggy wit it), I knew I would someday want him to be my DJ for my wedding day, too!
    -Fast forward 1 year, and I reached out to my bud PJ to get the ball rolling. From day 1, his availability & responsiveness to my emails was stellar. He was articulate when answering specific questions I had, and his contract was very clear. The best way to describe working with him is "easy & enjoyable"... Literally so much so that I ended up asking him to please officiate our ceremony as well! And I am so glad I did. His conversational weave thoughout the love ceremony was fluid and he kept things moving in a non-choppy way. All in all, everything was beautiful & he did a tremendous job. A lot of my guests commented on how well-spoken he was!
    -He also generously gave me an extension on mailing him my deposit, as my husband and I had just bought a house. He is a relatable guy who understands the stress of planning a wedding, and he goes above & beyond to make it as enjoyable as possible. With PJ, what you want is exactly what you'll get. You will not have to wonder if he'll remember this or that/ here or there, because he is a genuine professional at this. He takes all of the guess work out of it for you, gets a solid feel for what type of vibe you hope to set, and then offers excellent song suggestions (I actually chose his first suggestion for my song as I walked down the aisle!). He also suggested "Hand Clap" for us to walk into the reception, and it was PERFECT!! I was 110% blown away by how in tune he was with our hopes for how our special day would flow. PJ, thank you for everything!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Tim A. · Married on 06/11/2016

When we started looking for our wedding vendors, the venue we chose directed us to PJ and Essential Sounds Entertainment. He was experienced, knowledgeable, professional, and a lot of fun. We initially had him booked as the DJ, and after several correspondences decided that we would also like him to be the officiant for our wedding. He knocked it out of the park. Our family loved our ceremony and a huge part of that was PJ understanding what we were looking for our ceremony to be. It was very comforting to know that we had someone we could trust with such an important part of our lives.

As far as the entertainment, these guys rocked it. They kept the entire wedding engaged and entertained throughout the night. When we went to discuss the music with PJ, he knew what we wanted better than we did! He found the perfect song for every part of the evening, was accommodating when we wanted to change some stuff around last minute, and continued to entertain everyone until the end of the reception. We absolutely would recommend Essential Sounds Entertainment to anyone looking to book a DJ for their wedding. Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding the best night of our lives!

Sent on 06/13/2016