Essential Sounds Entertainment Reviews

155 | Belmar, NJ

155 Reviews for Essential Sounds Entertainment

155 Essential Sounds Entertainment Reviews

Marina · Married on 10/20/2018

PJ is absolutely the best DJ I have ever worked with. Hands down! PLUS he plays awesome music at perfect times throughout the evening!

• Marina

Marina Vorobyev · Married on 10/20/2018

They ensured we had the best day of our lives

Essential Sounds Entertainment is hands down the best entertainment company. I used to work in the wedding industry and have planned multiple weddings over the years. When it was time to plan mine, I knew the only person I can trust for entertainment and lighting, is PJ, the founder of Essential Sounds. PJ is the most kind, genuine, and a true professional. Not only did he MC the night away, I also explained to him that I wanted our first song to be performed by a live guitarist. In a moment, PJ thought of a wonderful guitarist named Curbie. And instead of just playing during our first dance, Curbie played a set during our cocktail hour.

From the moment my husband and I met with PJ, we knew that he would not only provide entertainment and lighting at our wedding but that he would be a life long friend. Our wedding hashtag was #plantzoffdanceoff and PJ made sure that our wedding lived up to that name. Everyone was on their feet dancing the night away and almost every guest told me at the end of the night that the entertainment at our wedding was absolutely phenomenal.

So, if you are just starting to plan your special event and you are wondering and asking around who you should call for any of your entertainment needs, stop asking around, and simply call PJ. You will fall in love with him and I promise you, working with him will be the best decision you would have made for your event.

Essential Sounds Entertainment 1
    Essential Sounds Entertainment 6
  • Christine

Christine Smith · Married on 10/12/2018

Best Choice

PJ was great from start to finish! He even came and did a walk through at the venue with us so that we could figure out where we wanted everything laid out! The party was great, and everyone was dancing pretty quickly and almost never sat back down! Essential Sounds handled the photo booth, music for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, the monogram lighting and a photo montage screen.

Justin · Married on 07/28/2018

PJ and the crew were extremely helpful. When I wanted to make some last minute changes they easily accommodated me. The wedding was perfect, with great music, and a DJ who really cared. The whole process leading up to our wedding ensured that the music on our day was exactly what we wanted. Thank you again!

Essential Sounds Entertainment 7

Brian · Married on 07/21/2018

PJ was the BEST choice we could have made for both a DJ and an officiant. Not only was he extremely professional, but his calming demeanor was exactly what we needed right before our ceremony. Guests raved about how wonderful the ceremony and the music was! Our guests commented that our interfaith ceremony was both tasteful and sweet. PJ got to know us so well that our guests thought he was a close friend and by the end of the ceremony he certainly made us feel that way. I highly recommend Essential Sounds!

Kristen · Married on 06/30/2018

When we booked Doolan’s Shore Club as our venue, Essential Sounds is a preferred vendor and we had the opportunity to see them at Doolan’s during an open house event. PJ, the owner, is wonderful to work with. He is down-to-earth and attentive to all details. When we first sat down with PJ, he answered each and every question we had and made sure his focus was on us despite it being an open house at Doolan’s. He made sure we knew that we were the priority at the moment and he would take however long it needed to answer our questions to make sure we felt comfortable. As the big day approached, we met with PJ for our planning meeting. Music was a huge focus for us as we both love music and we love a wide variety of music. PJ asked specific questions to understand the types of music, genres and overall vibe we wanted for the day. We felt beyond comfortable with what music he had in store for us at our wedding when we left the planning meeting. Additionally, we had PJ do a slideshow for us which was amazing and something he put together quickly and with more photos than he typically uses because we had selected so many. When the reception came, PJ mixed sets that had the entire room dancing from the first song to the last song of the night. The music was perfect and captured everything we wanted. Additionally, we wanted some traditional Portuguese music to be played and he made the songs mesh well within sets that it didn’t make it feel like we had asked to play it and he just placed it anywhere during the night. PJ also had an assistant with him that night who was just as great as him. From the moment we met PJ, he was attentive to our wants, understood our vision of the day and executed it seamlessly. All of our guests commented that they loved the music. We would without a doubt recommend Essential Sounds to anyone who needs a DJ for any event!

Rob · Married on 06/02/2018

Just let PJ do what he does best! He won't disappoint! After being at two parties that he had done it was the simplest part of our vendor selecting. We went in with full confidence that our wedding would a night to remember. He answered any questions my wife had in an awesome response time. Always nice to work with a down to earth individual that clearly takes pride in his work.. HIGHLY RECOMMEND for any event big or small.

Jessica · Married on 05/12/2018

I told my now husband that there were two things I wouldn't cut prices for, the entertainment and the catering. I wanted people to walk away and be like "wow that was some great food and a lot of fun!" And PJ went above and beyond for us. Not only did he drive 8 hours to OHIO to be here for our special day but he was there every step of the way! He made everything seamless. He coordinated everything so well. Played all the music we wanted to hear. He had a special custom monogram made for us that incorporated the Marblehead Lightouse (where we got married) and provided all the up lighting! He knew exactly my vision and made it come to life. The up lighting just adds so much more to the room. It was gorgeous!! He had our guest up and dancing ALL night! Knows exactly what to play to please the younger and older crowds. We keep going back to our special night and talking about how much fun we had. We wouldn't of had that without PJ! He is extremely good at his job and makes it his priority to make sure your day is exactly what want!

Samantha · Married on 04/21/2018

I knew right away that I wanted to entrust my wedding into the hands PJ and the guys at Essential Sounds Entertainment. I always said that the DJ could make or break the wedding, and PJ definitely made it! He was always quick with a response and solution to any concerns we had. Anything we needed, and so personalized right down to the Disney music during dinner and our Disney monogram! We only hope that we have another opportunity to book them for something again!

Jamie · Married on 03/03/2018

We highly recommend PJ and his team at Essential Sounds Entertainment! He did such an amazing job officiating the ceremony and had everyone on the dance floor the whole time at the reception! We really appreciated meeting with him a few weeks before the wedding to go over all the details. He had a lot of great suggestions, and was very responsive throughout the whole process.

Adrienne · Married on 02/17/2018

We highly recommend Pj and his team at Essential Sounds Entertainment. The planning process can be overwhelming at times and Pj was always available when we had questions. Pj offered so many helpful suggestions when we were uncertain of something. The day of our wedding was incredible! We had a full dance floor all night long. The photo booth and snow machine were the perfect additions to making our day complete. Thank you so much ensuring we had a great party while also being so professional!

• HeatherDusk

Heather · Married on 11/10/2017

PJ and his assistant, Kells, we're amazing at our wedding! The entire experience working with PJ from start to finish was wonderful. He is professional, super friendly, and so talented at what he does. Everyone had a blast at our wedding...especially my kids! And, PJ created the perfect ceremony for us by allowing us to choose the exact music we wanted to be played for prelude, processional, my entrance, and recessional. It was a dream come true! I can't recommend PJ enough! Thank you!!

Kelli · Married on 11/03/2017

I honestly don’t even know if I have the right words to describe just how amazing PJ and Essential Sounds were. PJ almost effortlessly made our wedding the best day of our lives. So talented, so energetic and so dedicated to making our wedding everything we wanted, Pj had our entire wedding up and dancing ALL NIGHT! I couldn’t possibly reccomend Essential Sounds enough! Perfection!

Mary · Married on 10/07/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Essential Sounds Entertainment. From the very beginning I knew that this was the entertainment group for our wedding. PJ made the initial process so easy that I knew the rest of the planning process would be a breeze. PJ was so responsive and flexible when planning, we never had to worry that we wouldn’t get what we wanted out of our wedding DJ. We used Essential Sounds for our ceremony music, cocktail hour, and reception and everyone raved about how much they loved the music choices. At the reception, PJ was just as responsive to the guests tastes than he was when we were planning. He could read the crowd really well, which we loved! He never had to ask people to start dancing because he had everyone dancing from the very beginning of the night! We also did the photobooth, which I would highly recommend – everyone had so much fun with it and we were able to create some really amazing memories. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend Essential Sounds!!

Jeneen · Married on 07/30/2017

PJ is one of the most professional and fun vendors I have ever worked with. He responded to all of my questions quickly. He listened to my ideas and help tweak what would flow better. He kept the crowd going. His assistants are also a pleasure to work with. Everyone is so friendly! I will absolutely refer him to everyone I know seeking a DJ. I for sure will use his services again. Perhaps for my daughter's 21st birthday next year!

Thank you PJ and your entire team for making my wedding a fun time!

Jeneen

Justin · Married on 07/03/2017

It was a pleasure to work with PJ and his team! He always answered all questions and emails in a timely manner. He kept my wedding going all night long and always had guests dancing! I would recommend him to anyone and cant wait to have him DJ my sisters wedding next year! Thank again PJ!

Laura · Married on 06/10/2017

This business made my wedding a hit. PJ was always prompt in responding to emails and calls during the early process. Our DJ for the event was Anthony and he was high energy and listened to all of our requests. (Anthony was also very quick to respond to us when we reached out to him) People loved the music and only ever stopped dancing to eat or head to the bar. This is an amazing business that I would recommend to anybody looking for a DJ.

Brianna · Married on 06/10/2017

PJ and his assistant did an AMAZING job at our wedding last weekend! The music flowed all night long and got everyone up dancing. From the cocktail hour selections to the last song of the night they did not disappoint. The uplighting changed the room and made it that much more special, I recommend that you spring for that special touch. Communication and preparation for the big day was seamless and I had no doubt that PJ knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding vibe! I highly recommend this company for your entertainment needs, you will not be disappointed!

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2017

I worked with PJ for our May 2017 wedding and could not have been happier.

PJ was fairly priced, accommodating w our schedules, and responsive to our needs. From the moment our guests walked in they were dancing and PJ is so great at reading the room.

We gave him a lot of freedom as far as choosing songs even for some arguably more important parts of the reception and PJ exceeded our expectations every time.

I HIGHLY recommend using PJ for your wedding you will not be disappointed.

Jayne · Married on 03/18/2017

Essential Sounds was the perfect choice for our wedding. From my initial call to the last moments of our wedding PJ and his staff were extremely professional and accommodating. PJ took the time to get to know us and what we wanted for our special day. All calls and messages were returned very quickly! Our guests were dancing all night long!!
    Thank you for everything!

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/17/2017

PJ was awesome every step of the way! He went through our entire night step-by-step with us and had no problem incorporating our custom songs into our ceremony. He played a great variety of music that appealed to every generation at our wedding, one of our guests even booked him for their own wedding at the end of the night! In addition to DJ services, we opted to have a photo booth. Our guests LOVED it, and we loved looking through the scrapbook at the end of the night. Essential Sounds was probably one of the best choices I made throughout the entire wedding planning process, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Deanna · Married on 03/10/2017

PJ and his team were absolutely amazing. His response time to answer questions was within the hour every single time. We loved the up-lighting and he had the dance floor packed all night! He was very flexible and we even extended our wedding an extra hour because everyone was having so much fun!

Priscila · Married on 01/28/2017

Great DJ to work with! Played music for all ages and took request with out hesitation.

Jackie · Married on 11/05/2016

We had PJ from essential sounds at our wedding (11/5/16). From the moment we met/booked him, through the day of the wedding, he was just wonderful - very responsive, personable, easy to work with, and he knows his stuff! We weren't very picky with what we wanted/didn't want, and we felt comfortable trusting PJ's knowledge/experience, which totally paid off - he had everyone up dancing all night long, even our older guests. He worked so well with our venue staff, and helped our wedding reception flow wonderfully. We cannot thank him enough! We went back and forth between a band and a DJ, and are so happy we ended up with PJ and his team. We highly recommend essential sounds!