Essential Sounds Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Jack
    Jack H. Married on 10/02/2021

Excellent in Every Way

PJ was our wedding DJ on October 2, 2021, and he absolutely killed it! Everyone loved the music. We got so many compliments after the reception. Most importantly, we loved working with him. He played everything we wanted and added his own touches that had people dancing all night! I cannot recommend him more!
  • Karla
    Karla P. Married on 08/28/2021

Superb, knowledgeable, professional...

PJ did an excellent job at my wedding. He is trustworthy and easy to work with. He is professional and highly qualified. I knew I was going to be in great hands since the first time I ever called him. I loved the way he spoke to me, I felt as if I knew him. I felt so comfortable. He completely understood my vision, style and type of music I wanted. There are so many great things to say about him but long story short...I highly recommend him and his crew!!
    Dan H. Married on 08/27/2021

August 2021 Wedding Officiant and DJ

We chose PJ to be our officiant and DJ for our wedding. He put together an excellent ceremony for us that was exactly our style. And the music for the rest of the night was great too! We highly recommend PJ for your next event
    Colleen Married on 07/03/2021

Excellent service and communication

PJ was an excellent DJ for our wedding and was wonderful to work with during all the pandemic uncertainty. Leading up to our event we had to postpone twice and he was incredibly accommodating and great at keeping us informed of his availability, we were so fortunate that we'd committed to him early in our process.
    At our wedding he was the perfect amount of charming without stealing the show. His introductions were clear and easily heard by everyone. He was friendly and welcoming. He responded to our wedding music goals and allowed for "requests within reason" which was a perfect blend of gracious to our guests and aware of the overall needs of the party. PJ had previously DJ'ed for both my brother's wedding and my sister's wedding. I had high hopes and he met them. I would highly recommend him and Essential Sounds Entertainment for any event!
    Samantha R. Married on 10/31/2020

Excellent- 100% worth it all!

2020 was a year of crap for everyone and PJ and his company did EVERYTHING he could to work with everything going on. Amazing work, awesome performance and great all around.
  • Erica
    Erica C. Married on 10/17/2020

Exceptional, responsive, highly recommend!!

Our wedding was 10/16/21 and we were so lucky to have PJ as our amazing DJ and our officiant. We were originally supposed to be married last year but due to covid we had to postpone. PJ was very accommodating and had great communication through out the whole process. The night of our wedding was a dream! He had such beautiful words for our ceremony, it was perfect! He took care of the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and he listened to all our requests. He always made sure we were okay. Throughout the night we got nothing but compliments on how great the music was the entire night. Everyone had a fabulous time and we highly recommend PJ Windle at Essential Sounds Entertainment!! You will not be disappointed!!
    Emily M. Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing experience

From the very beginning they were so helpful and understanding with all the changes that came with a double wedding and the pandemic. When you get a DJ willing to bend over backwards for you, it means the world! I recommend Essential Sounds for any event and especially weddings!
  • Collette
    Collette E. Married on 12/14/2019

PJ is Incredible and really reads the crowd phenomenally

Our experience with PJ was amazing. He was so easy to work with. My husband and I are both career firefighters so our schedule is extremely hectic. PJ kept us on track, he checked in on us and made sure we didn't miss a thing! Absolutely above and beyond. He has a form you fill out prior to your last meeting with him (which seems like a bunch of random questions) and based on your answers he gets exactly what your vibe is and how to deliver it flawlessly. We had a big wedding party, kids, fireman and an age range from 2 - 90 literally. Every single person was dancing and having an amazing time! He even nailed a part of a kid song for my nephews and nieces to walk into to. My father also wanted to surprise me with our first dance song. PJ worked with my father and never slipped on the surprise, it was amazing! I also wanted to surprise my mother and husband with my entrance song into the ceremony. The volume and timing was literally breathtaking. He played everything we wanted took requests and didnt play anything on the do not play list! The lighting the slideshow of pictures and the "dancing on clouds" was stunning. Huge thank you to PJ and whenever we have another milestone and need a DJ he will certainly be our guy!

Essential Sounds Entertainment's reply:

Collette and Michael, Thank you so much for this amazing review and the kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you both and I had such a great time putting everything together to create what turned out to be a beautiful wedding night! It was my honor!

A huge thank you to both of you for your service to your communities and for putting yourselves on the line for the safety of others! I have a HUGE respect for you!

• Gary
    Gary R. Married on 11/24/2019

No Need To Look Elsewhere

PJ and his team were amazing. We couldn’t be happier with him as our dj. From our first meeting PJ made us feel important and special. We are both huge music fans and had many requests not heard in your typical wedding. PJ had/found them all. He even came up with such incredible music for our ceremony even those off the boat Irish were impressed with his selection of traditional and newer instrumentals.
    He made his lighting into the Irish tri color for us as well. His attention to detail and desire to think outside the box for us knowing thats what we like was incredible. He kept people dancing and engaged all night long. We have received several calls regarding his friendliness and abilities as a dj. My mother is elderly and not in the best of health, shortly into our dance I needed to get her off the dance floor. With a simple hand motion PJ noticed my need and seamlessly segued out of the song and into the next. Amazing music, fantastic attention to detail, time spent making the night special. He did so much for us. Look no further, PJ is the man for your event. I can’t recommend him strongly enough
  • Shannon
    Shannon S. Married on 10/05/2019

Awesome!!!

PJ and his guys were so awesome at our wedding last Saturday. People kept complimenting about the music and saying how he had such great interaction with everyone. The music was so on point I couldn’t stop dancing! Even my now husband (who normally is a wallflower) danced and did the Cupid shuffle lol! The monogram and up lighting was such a special touch that brought a very big smile to my face. Not to mention the photo booth that had EVERYONE laughing and having a good time, we love the scrapbook! I would highly recommend Essential Sounds Entertainment to everyone who wants to have a good time. Thank you PJ and your crew for making our wedding day more fun and special than we could’ve ever imagined!
    Melissa P. Married on 09/13/2019

Perfection!

PJ and Team were absolutely amazing! PJ, in addition to being the DJ, he was also our officiant. His words can only be described as perfect. We had guests come up to us throughout the night with the highest compliments on the ceremony and the energy throughout the reception by the best music. Best experience, ever!! Highly recommend!
  • samantha
    Samantha Married on 06/08/2019

Everything was perfect!

We hired PJ for our wedding at Doolan's and we were extremely happy with the service he provided. He takes the time to get to know you - what you like and what you don't like - and makes sure everything goes exactly the way you want it. He made sure our wedding was a blast and had everyone dancing the entire time. After the wedding we actually had many people come up to us and make a point of saying how great the DJ was. We also got the uplighting which looked great! Could not recommend him enough!
  • Melissa
    Melissa M. Married on 04/27/2019

Goal accomplished- all guests on dance floor

We are so happy we chose PJ and Essential Sounds Entertainment. From the first conversation with PJ he was so helpful in creating our playlist and vibe we wanted for the big day. The music portal was also awesome to sift through at our leisure. On the day of our wedding PJ made sure the entrances and special dances went off without a hitch. Bonus- all the guests were raving about the music.
  • I
    Ivy W. Married on 01/05/2019

Best DJ ever

PJ did such an amazing job. He was really thorough when meeting with us and cares about the details that make your wedding your own. He is a great guy. We danced the night away and everyone was so happy!
    Christopher Married on 11/10/2018

Phenomenal in Every Way!

Absolutely the best full service entertainment company around! We hired Essential Sounds for our wedding and couldn’t be happier. From start to finish PJ was PHENOMENAL with his coordination and communication about our requests, timelines, and any other questions or concerns we had. He got to know us and our preferences and went above and beyond in making our day truly special! From the ceremony to introductions to keeping the party going all night, I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. PJ and his team gave us an AMAZING and UNFORGETTABLE wedding celebration and our guests continue to rave about how great of a time they had. I highly recommend Essential Sounds if you are looking for a truly OUTSTANDING experience!
    Marina Married on 10/20/2018
    PJ is absolutely the best DJ I have ever worked with. Hands down! PLUS he plays awesome music at perfect times throughout the evening!
  • Marina
    Marina V. Married on 10/20/2018

They ensured we had the best day of our lives

Essential Sounds Entertainment is hands down the best entertainment company. I used to work in the wedding industry and have planned multiple weddings over the years. When it was time to plan mine, I knew the only person I can trust for entertainment and lighting, is PJ, the founder of Essential Sounds. PJ is the most kind, genuine, and a true professional. Not only did he MC the night away, I also explained to him that I wanted our first song to be performed by a live guitarist. In a moment, PJ thought of a wonderful guitarist named Curbie. And instead of just playing during our first dance, Curbie played a set during our cocktail hour.

From the moment my husband and I met with PJ, we knew that he would not only provide entertainment and lighting at our wedding but that he would be a life long friend. Our wedding hashtag was #plantzoffdanceoff and PJ made sure that our wedding lived up to that name. Everyone was on their feet dancing the night away and almost every guest told me at the end of the night that the entertainment at our wedding was absolutely phenomenal.

So, if you are just starting to plan your special event and you are wondering and asking around who you should call for any of your entertainment needs, stop asking around, and simply call PJ. You will fall in love with him and I promise you, working with him will be the best decision you would have made for your event.
  • Christine
    Christine S. Married on 10/12/2018

Best Choice

PJ was great from start to finish! He even came and did a walk through at the venue with us so that we could figure out where we wanted everything laid out! The party was great, and everyone was dancing pretty quickly and almost never sat back down! Essential Sounds handled the photo booth, music for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, the monogram lighting and a photo montage screen.
    Christopher Married on 09/16/2018
    AAA++++++++++++ x INFINITY
    PJ and Essential Sounds Entertainment are ACES! We were first recommended to them when we posted on Facebook looking for awesome Wedding DJ’s. We hadn’t even started looking elsewhere for DJ’s yet. The first reply we got was a very encouraging recommendation for Essential Sounds.
    The personal touch PJ puts on the entire process is priceless. He was always available to contact with any questions or ideas for your wedding. I knew if I sent PJ a message on Facebook he would respond within a couple minutes, if not immediately. By the time the wedding came around, it was like having a good friend DJ, and OFFICIATE our wedding. The only difference is that we don’t have friends with 20+ years of experience in the industry!
    The day of the wedding PJ was at the Venue early with his awesome assistant, Chris. PJ left the controls in Chris’ hands to allow PJ to begin the ceremony as our Officiant. His custom ceremony was perfect, and he executed it flawlessly. We highly recommend using PJ as your Officiant! The entire ceremony went off without a hitch and was 100% exactly what we planned with him. It went right from script to stage….phenomenal!
    The reception was also outstanding. The Bridal Party introductions were seamless and energy-packed. The music was perfect and included all the requests we made in the planning process, coupled with similar songs that kept the party rocking ALL NIGHT!! The guy doesn’t just DJ your wedding, he is the supporting role in a performance where you and your spouse are the Main Attraction.
    Thank you PJ, Chris, and Essential Sounds Entertainment for making our day play out perfectly. We are forever grateful to have been so fortunate to have you guys run the show, and look forward to the friendships we’ve created as well!!
    STOP LOOKING AT ANYTHING ELSE AND BOOK YOUR WEDDING WITH ESSENTIAL SOUNDS ENTERTAINMENT NOW!!!!!!!!!
    Justin Married on 07/28/2018
    PJ and the crew were extremely helpful. When I wanted to make some last minute changes they easily accommodated me. The wedding was perfect, with great music, and a DJ who really cared. The whole process leading up to our wedding ensured that the music on our day was exactly what we wanted. Thank you again!
    Brian Married on 07/21/2018
    PJ was the BEST choice we could have made for both a DJ and an officiant. Not only was he extremely professional, but his calming demeanor was exactly what we needed right before our ceremony. Guests raved about how wonderful the ceremony and the music was! Our guests commented that our interfaith ceremony was both tasteful and sweet. PJ got to know us so well that our guests thought he was a close friend and by the end of the ceremony he certainly made us feel that way. I highly recommend Essential Sounds!
    Kristen Married on 06/30/2018
    When we booked Doolan’s Shore Club as our venue, Essential Sounds is a preferred vendor and we had the opportunity to see them at Doolan’s during an open house event. PJ, the owner, is wonderful to work with. He is down-to-earth and attentive to all details. When we first sat down with PJ, he answered each and every question we had and made sure his focus was on us despite it being an open house at Doolan’s. He made sure we knew that we were the priority at the moment and he would take however long it needed to answer our questions to make sure we felt comfortable. As the big day approached, we met with PJ for our planning meeting. Music was a huge focus for us as we both love music and we love a wide variety of music. PJ asked specific questions to understand the types of music, genres and overall vibe we wanted for the day. We felt beyond comfortable with what music he had in store for us at our wedding when we left the planning meeting. Additionally, we had PJ do a slideshow for us which was amazing and something he put together quickly and with more photos than he typically uses because we had selected so many. When the reception came, PJ mixed sets that had the entire room dancing from the first song to the last song of the night. The music was perfect and captured everything we wanted. Additionally, we wanted some traditional Portuguese music to be played and he made the songs mesh well within sets that it didn’t make it feel like we had asked to play it and he just placed it anywhere during the night. PJ also had an assistant with him that night who was just as great as him. From the moment we met PJ, he was attentive to our wants, understood our vision of the day and executed it seamlessly. All of our guests commented that they loved the music. We would without a doubt recommend Essential Sounds to anyone who needs a DJ for any event!
    Rob Married on 06/02/2018
    Just let PJ do what he does best! He won't disappoint! After being at two parties that he had done it was the simplest part of our vendor selecting. We went in with full confidence that our wedding would a night to remember. He answered any questions my wife had in an awesome response time. Always nice to work with a down to earth individual that clearly takes pride in his work.. HIGHLY RECOMMEND for any event big or small.
    Jessica Married on 05/12/2018
    I told my now husband that there were two things I wouldn't cut prices for, the entertainment and the catering. I wanted people to walk away and be like "wow that was some great food and a lot of fun!" And PJ went above and beyond for us. Not only did he drive 8 hours to OHIO to be here for our special day but he was there every step of the way! He made everything seamless. He coordinated everything so well. Played all the music we wanted to hear. He had a special custom monogram made for us that incorporated the Marblehead Lightouse (where we got married) and provided all the up lighting! He knew exactly my vision and made it come to life. The up lighting just adds so much more to the room. It was gorgeous!! He had our guest up and dancing ALL night! Knows exactly what to play to please the younger and older crowds. We keep going back to our special night and talking about how much fun we had. We wouldn't of had that without PJ! He is extremely good at his job and makes it his priority to make sure your day is exactly what want!
    Samantha Married on 04/21/2018
    I knew right away that I wanted to entrust my wedding into the hands PJ and the guys at Essential Sounds Entertainment. I always said that the DJ could make or break the wedding, and PJ definitely made it! He was always quick with a response and solution to any concerns we had. Anything we needed, and so personalized right down to the Disney music during dinner and our Disney monogram! We only hope that we have another opportunity to book them for something again!