Essence Entertainment - Premier DJ Services Reviews

Essence Entertainment - Premier DJ Services 1
  • Hannah

Hannah Nilsen · Getting married on 09/25/2020

Consultation process

Meeting with Rich and Jack for a consultation was so calming in the DJ hiring process. They really made my fiance and I feel comfortable, heard, and relaxed throughout this part of the vendor-hiring portion of planning! I am super excited to work with these two and write a wonderful review after our wedding!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Tony Davis · Married on 11/03/2018

Much more than just a DJ

Rich is a great guy to work with. He scheduled time to meet us personally, then at his office, then at our Venue (Tuscany Falls Mokena, another 5 star review) and again 2 days before our wedding. We had some odd requests for music like a Disney soundtrack mixed with trap and dance music, sure enough, he made it happen. He made sure the room was upbeat and fun for everyone, read the room well, and knew when it was time to slow it down. He made sure to tell us to take a step back and soak in the experience, because the day will fly by.

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Nicolette

Nicolette · Married on 10/27/2018

Fantastic!

Essence Entertainment was absolutely fantastic! Tom and Jack truly made our wedding something special. I was completely stress free on the big day. Jack made sure every detail was covered and coordinated with the other vendors to make sure the day ran smooth. He stuck to the timeline we put together and let us know when we needed to do the cake cutting, first dance, bouquet toss, etc. This made the night so simple and I wasn't worried about what needed to be done next. We also got the photo booth which came with an attendant and our guests said it was the best photo booth they had seen at a wedding. I would 100% recommend Essence Entertainment to anyone!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Kathleen Chromcak · Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely Wonderful DJ Services

We worked with Rich on organizing our vow renewal for our 10th anniversary, and he was amazing. He went above and beyond our expectations. The music was exactly what we wanted, and all our guests had a blast with the photo booth. I would gladly recommend Essence Entertainment to anyone looking for entertainment at their special event.

Sent on 08/10/2019

Jaime L Dean · Married on 10/06/2018

The Best!!!!!

Extremely professional, efficient and flexible. Every party I have from here on out I will be using Essence Entertainment!!!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Nina · Married on 09/15/2018

WHOA!!!! Rich and his team were amazing! They made our wedding an absolute blast! Our guests are still talking about how much fun it was. Thank you to Rich and team for helping us throw an awesome party!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Liz · Married on 09/08/2018

Our Wedding September 2018

We used Essence Entertainment for our wedding on September 6th 2018, and they did an amazing job. I met Tom at a bridal expo in the fall of 2017, and he was the one who worked with us for our wedding. He was very detail oriented with what we wanted for our wedding, and he went over and beyond our expectations for the music we used. He also acted as the day of coordinator for events of the day, which was perfect because he kept reminding us of things he knew we wanted, but we kept forgetting about! This company is amazing, and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is getting married. I would definitely use them again, for any future event if I get the chance!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Chessa · Married on 08/04/2018

We used Essence Entertainment for our DJ and photo booth. Tom was our DJ for the evening and he did a PHENOMENAL job. The dance floor was always full and he perfectly incorporated what we envisioned with what would make a wedding crowd happy. He always checked in with me to make sure I was happy or if I needed anything. He coordinated calling up tables to our buffet and even made sure we made it out to our photo booth. It's easy to get carried away with the craziness of the night and miss some of your own entertainment, so it was awesome to have someone there to coordinate the schedule and little details. I wouldn't hesitate to use these guys again for any DJ needs. They were amazing!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Cydney · Married on 11/26/2017

Essence Entertainment is AMAZING!!!! Tom was our emcee and DJ. We heard about all of their awards in Chicago, so we couldn't wait to have them be the DJ for our special day. (They traveled all the way to metro Detroit to help us! --And the pricing was competitive with local DJs.) Rich and Tom met with us beforehand to understand exactly what we wanted --the feel, the vibe, the music-- and then delivered above and beyond, accommodating all of our requests from a photo booth to ceremony audio. Big events can be stressful... but Essence Entertainment took care of all of the worrying for us. Once the reception started, they took over the wedding and it was like we were guests at our own event. More than a week later, we’re still hearing from all of our guests about how much they loved the music, the flow of the night. We really couldn’t have imagined a more magical experience. Thank you!!

Sent on 12/09/2017

Joshua · Married on 11/11/2017

Awesome group of guys! Cassey was incredible! Great speakers sound equipment and awesome choice of music. My whole family loved it from my 85year old grandma to my aunts Uncles parents and bridal party

Sent on 01/05/2018

Veronica · Married on 10/06/2017

I want to thank dj rich and dj Patrick for a phenomenal experience using this company!!!! I can not thank them enough for throwing a great show...everyone was dancing non stop..I asked rich to start with the older generation of music to our generation and he did a very good job on doing so for my request! I definitely recommend to use rich and Patrick at your wedding people are still talking about how awesome the music selection was! Thank again you two!
    -veronica bentham

Sent on 10/09/2017

Kim · Married on 09/23/2017

When we were searching for a DJ we needed to find one who could also speak polish, and cater to the mixed cultures that our wedding would have. I recently stood up in a wedding that Rich dj’ed and remember being so impressed, and the fact that he spoke Polish and had plenty of experience with mixed cultural weddings made going with Rich & Essence Entertainment a no brainer. The company offers so many different options and packages to choose from, and completely customizes everything to fit your wedding needs and budget. From our “name in lights,” to the photobooth our guests couldn’t get enough of, to the beautiful uplights, our wedding was nothing short of amazing. Rich was extremely organized, professional, and personable, which made working with him easy. Most importantly, he kept the party going all night, and all of our people dancing with his wide variety of music that catered to both of our families and friends, and our mixed cultures. We have been receiving compliment after compliment about how much fun, and how much dancing was done at our wedding, and we owe it all to Rich and Essence Entertainment! Bogdan and I can not thank you enough for your hard work at our wedding!! I 100% recommend this company for any event. I promise you will NOT be dissapointed!

- KIM & BOGDAN

Sent on 09/27/2017

Megan · Married on 08/26/2017

Rich is THE BEST! So good in fact that I used him for the second time when I got re-married this year. After my first wedding back in 2010 so many of my guests were impressed by him that they also hired him for their weddings (at least 5 I can remember). My brother also hired them for his wedding this summer and my bff is using them as well in December. The value, expertise and service are unbeatable. No one can read a crowd like Rich, he is truly talented and kept the dance floor packed all night! He also did the up-lighting for our reception (at theWit) and did a fabulous job.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Emily · Married on 08/19/2017

We had a great time with Rich and Patryk at our wedding in August! From the day we reached out Rich was always very responsive to our emails and was flexible with meeting times. He has solid experience, always gave great advice, and we felt totally comfortable with him taking the reigns on our wedding day! They listened to our music preferences and also have great insight on what will get the crowd on the dance floor and stay on the dance floor. Choosing Rich helped making our wedding day the best day of our lives and we are so thankful that they played such a huge role! We highly recommend them, and are currently trying to plan another huge party where we can use Essence Entertainment again! Thank you Rich and Patryk!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/12/2017

Tom was our MC & DJ for the night and he was amazing. We emailed, talked on the phone, and met several times before the wedding. He provides this amazing online planner that helps you (and him) with a timeline for the day that includes places to put your songs for introductions & special dances. The planner also has a section for requested songs that can go on a "Must Play" list or a "Do Not Play" list and he and the other DJs really abide by that!
    Tom & Essence Entertainment also have a photo booth and services they provide which was a MUST for our wedding. There are several options for style of booth but they all come with a custom scrapbook where guests can put their photos and write notes to the couple & then we were given it at the end of the night. Each person also got their own copy of the photos! We used that scrapbook as our guest book & are LOVING looking through it still. Tom also provided us with our wedding favors--he ordered us magnet strips that fit the photo strips perfectly and then the entire thing becomes a fridge magnet! It was the perfect addition to add as a favor for our guests to keep their photos nice.
    Tom also did a site visit with us a month before the wedding where he came to the venue & we walked through it & discussed our lighting & any of the extras we wanted. Our uplighting turned out GORGEOUS!
    They also provided mics & for our Reverend & readers during our ceremony which was awesome.
    Tom was at the venue early & set up before the ceremony even began. He constantly came to check on us to see if we needed anything & kept us on time. The music was amazing and the perfect mix of everything we asked for-everything from Dean Martin to Taylor Swift. Every song we requested was played & mixed perfectly into the night. We even had a custom dinner music playlist! Tom & the guys really know their stuff and are extremely professional. You will NOT be disappointed with them--they are amazing guys & will keep people dancing all night!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Kimberly · Married on 07/29/2017

This DJ is so much fun to work with! Music is a huge part of our lives and we were so happy with the sound quality, the volume, the order of songs, and everything. It played a huge part in our wedding and we were so happy with their services!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Randi · Married on 05/13/2017

We chose Essence Entertainment to DJ our wedding after we saw what an amazing job Rich and his crew did at ourgood friends wedding. We can not say enough good things about this company and everyone who works there! Rich was very easy to get ahold of and you could really tell he wanted to provide an personalized experience for us so that we got exactly what we wanted! The music was great, everything was coordinated perfectly and he took a lot of the planning stress away from my husband and I! We also had them do our photo booth which was a huge hit! Everyone had so much fun with the props and we absolutely loved the fact that we got copies of everyone's funny pictures so we can always remember them! Rich was professional, down to earth and made sure everyone was dancing all night which is exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/08/2017

Essence entertainment is great! We had the pleasure of working with Rich and he was awesome, very patient as well. I wanted a special mix for my father daughter dance and he put one together and executed it perfectly during. All my guests danced the night away thanks to him. 110% recommend Essence entertainment!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Sarah · Married on 11/25/2016

Rich was absolutely fantastic - he met with us to get an idea about what we wanted and we could tell from the first meeting that we wanted to work with him. We canceled other meetings we had lined up and have no regrets! We met once more before the big day, he went through what we wanted, gave us tips on things to think about throughout, and assured us that he intended to be our coordinator and take care of all the details - and he did just that! We had him be our DJ as well as put together a slideshow to play during dinner, which people are still talking about! Rich had people on the dance floor nonstop the entire night, and with very little direction from us - we trusted he'd feel the crowd out and he did a great job of that! Highly recommend Essence Entertainment!!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Mike · Married on 10/15/2016

Rich did an awesome job coordinating and DJing our wedding. He is the type of guy that will go the extra mile to ensure your day runs as smooth as possible. We had a few special requests of custom mixes and songs played on cue and he absolutely nailed it. He does a great job keeping your party on schedule and keeping your guests on the dance floor having a great time. I highly recommend Rich for your next party!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2016

Rich was absolutely amazing! He really went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was everything that we had dreamt of. He met with us at the venue the week of the wedding to go over the schedule, music selection, and uplighting options. There he told us that once the ceremony was over, we no longer needed to worry because this was our time to celebrate and that he would manage all of the scheduling from there. He also told us to make sure that we step away and take some time to ourselves to take everything in because this day was about us. This was HUGE because it showed that Rich genuinely cares about his clients. We received so many compliments on the music and his personality. Personality aside - the music was excellent and the dance floor was full the entire time. One of our friends who was in the wedding party ended up booking Rich for her wedding, too because he did such an amazing job. He really is the best!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Lydia · Married on 09/17/2016

Rich is an amazing DJ and MC. I am so happy we chose him and his team for our wedding. He definitely went above and beyond to make sure our day went exactly how we pictured it would go! Our wedding planner actually sent him to the wrong location for our ceremony and he RAN over to our ceremony site to make sure everything got set up on time. I always got the sense that he really cared about my husband and I, and that he wanted us to have a blast/exactly the the type of day we wanted. If you're deciding on whether to book Rich or not, JUST DO IT. Oh! And the photo booth is huge- it's awesome!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Antonia · Married on 08/28/2016

Rich was amazing to work with!!!!
    My husband I are both Bulgarian but have lived in the US for many years, so when it came to the music at our wedding we wanted to have something for everyone (Bulgarian music to represent our culture) and new EDM music that we and our friends listen to all the time.
    Both of us were afraid that if we overdo it with one type of music either our Bulgarian friends and family would not have fun or our American friends will feel out of place.
    Rich was amazing in helping us find that balance. He took the extra time to email back and forth with us and schedule extra meetings in person to ensure that our wedding was blast.
    He was able to smoothly incorporate both cultures for our big day, so that no one was feeling out of place or bored.
    We made a fantastic choice with Essence Entertainment and we could not have asked for a better DJ for our Special Day.

Many Thanks,
    Toni and Svet :-)

Sent on 10/05/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 06/11/2016

Rich and his company was extremely flexible and understanding. He did anything he could to accommodate our requests and make our day feel special and personalized. We always had people on the dance floor all night long, which was my biggest concern, but Rich did not let us down, it was a great party! The photo booth was also a blast, I wish I had more time to actually go in it...best piece of advice is as the bride and groom, use our photo booth first before your guest come in to the reception! There's no way we would have gotten other photos...we were all over the place the rest of the night!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Nicole · Married on 05/07/2016

Such a great company to work with. We received so many compliments on our DJ, and our reception room looked amazing with their uplighting! We couldn't have been happier with Essence Entertainment

Sent on 06/18/2016