Erin Shimazu Photography Reviews

Erin Shimazu Photography 6
Erin Shimazu Photography 7

Lisa Anderson · Married on 10/23/2018

Erin is Amazing!

Working with Erin was a great all around experience. She was really friendly, responsive to our requests and ideas, and just a very sweet person. She took our request for a quirky anniversary session and totally rolled with it. During the shoot she makes you feel as comfortable as if you were just taking casual pictures with a friend. The photos she delivered were top quality, even capturing the silly moments between poses. She even went so far as to scout the location before hand so she'd be familiar with the lighting. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Cyndi T · Married on 10/21/2018

Wonderful person and amazing photographer!

Erin was our photographer for the engagement photoshoot and for our wedding day. She is so friendly and professional, and we really appreciated how organized and responsive she was throughout the process. We were a bit nervous with the engagement photos, but she put us at ease, and the photos turned out beautiful! We did a walkthrough of the wedding venue with her a few months before the actual date, which was helpful so that we could get some ideas on the type of photos we wanted to take on the day of. She provided us a detailed timeline and confirmed our shot list, and everything went super smoothly on our wedding day! We are amazed with all the photos she and Adam took on the day of - the photographs are a great blend of candid, casual photos, along with artistic, visually stunning imagery. We are so grateful that we had a wonderful photographer to document our special day. Thank you Erin!!

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Ken and Sunshine

Ken and Sunshine · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfectly an amazing adventure.

After a number of attempts to find the perfect photographer. Every response seems like a typical cookie cutter reply. Then there was Erin. It was an amazing journey working with her. From the first meeting to our engagement session to the wedding day itself. We knew we found someone who could capture our story. She has such a sweet, warm, personality and is reflective on her work. My wife and I are not made to be in front of the camera. But Erin made us feel completely at ease in front of the camera. On the day of our engagement shoot. Erin took her time to research the location and the proper lighting. We fed off from Erin’s energy as she went above and beyond to the point of dodging cars in Downtown LA to capture the perfect shot. On the day of our wedding, she was not only on time, but full of energy and enthusiasm. What we love about Erin is that she gets to know you at a personable level. We could not recommend any other photographer, but Erin. We really hope to use her services in the future! Thank you Erin, we truly loved your work and I swear, we never looked better in any other pictures.

Sent on 04/26/2019

Kailey · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing experience

Oh my gosh, we got our photos back and they are GORGEOUS!!! Seriously, I cried all over again. Erin (and her second-shooter Adam) did such an incredible job capturing the feel and personality of our wedding. When I told Erin about a shot from Pride and Prejudice I wanted to do, Erin had even more ideas for other photos! She was so thoughtful and sweet and she really took the time to think about us as a couple and what we wanted to capture in our photos. We are raving to everyone we know. Seriously, thank you Erin!!

Sent on 02/19/2019
    Erin Shimazu Photography 20
    Erin Shimazu Photography 21

Jay · Married on 09/08/2018

Truly a spectacular photographer

This review is long overdue. We had Erin take our engagement shoot and wedding. To say that hiring Erin was a great decision is such an understatement. As we were planning our wedding, everyone kept telling my now wife and me to make sure we get a good photographer. I didn’t know much about photography and thought pictures are pictures. The first couple of photographers seemed good enough, but then we met Erin, and now I get what people are talking about. Erin is so down to earth, always on time, and her work was amazing. I really appreciated how she was knowledgeable about lighting and just always seemed to take the right shot. Everyone was so impressed with the final product. The one thing that I truly appreciated about Erin is how we felt she truly cared about us and what we wanted. She never imposed her “artistic vision” as I have heard other photographers do, but worked with us to see what we wanted and executed it perfectly. Also, weddings can be so stressful, but Erin did everything to reduce the stress. I appreciated how well she worked with all our vendors. Also, she was very on point with the schedule and stayed on time (despite our ceremony going around 30 minutes later than scheduled). Every shot that we asked her to take (and we asked for quite a few) she was able to get. In addition, she caught some amazing moments that we did not even think about listing, which we greatly appreciated. She even was able to get difficult shots like getting all the guests to stand in front of the church and on the dance floor for group shots (and we had around 180 people). If you are considering Erin as your photographer, I would strongly suggest you don’t hesitate and hire her.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Ellie · Married on 09/02/2018

If I could Erin 10 stars, I would! Such great personality and quality work! We had such a great time with her while we took our engagement photos that we hired her again for another event we hosted (we got married on the east coast so unfortunately had to find another photographer there...).
    I CANNOT RECOMMEND HER ENOUGH! we will definitely hire her again. Professional, communicative and easy to work with, and not the mention the AMAZING pictures we got! We are still getting compliments on those photos.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Jordan · Married on 06/16/2018

We had consulted with quite a few photographers before meeting Erin, and once we did it was easy to see how professional, easygoing, and creative she was. We were immediately impressed by her photography style but were blown away at her ability to make us laugh and relax while taking pictures. When we were shooting our engagement photos it felt like just another one of our friends taking the photos.
    On the day of the wedding Erin was able to control the crowd and take all the shots we had asked for. Our big day was perfect and Erin was able to capture all the beautiful little moments throughout the way. Her pictures were absolutely incredible and my wife and I couldn’t help but look at them all day long! Without a doubt we would recommend Erin to any of our good friends and we can’t say enough how satisfied we are with her work.
    Erin does an amazing job at what she does and her passion for it really shines through in the end product! All of our family and friends continue to rave about the photography work Erin did for our wedding!

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Erin Shimazu Photography 22
  • F

Fion · Married on 04/28/2018

Erin and her second shooter, Adam, is an absolute joy to work with. They're very kind and easy to work with. Their demeanor helped put us at ease when we felt awkward posing. Erin was very fun, friendly, sweet, and detailed oriented. My husband and I knew immediately that we wanted to book with Erin for our engagement and wedding. She worked with us during the planning stage and made sure she knew the shots and poses we wanted. She offered beyond what we paid for. She's very accommodating. She takes a lot of time to make sure she knows what you're looking for. She even went to our ceremony venue with us to scout it out. Erin takes a lot of consideration into the details like the time (for sunsets), angle, and background. She has a natural talent for photography and she is an absolute professional. She has a great eye for capturing beautiful moments into photos. I love the color, the smiles on our faces, and the love between my husband and we that I see through each photos. She willing to get dirty for a good photo angle. She fell once taking our wedding photos, but was a good sport about it and kept going. What a professional! Erin captured the moments of our engagement/wedding better than I imagined and it brings me back to the magical day.

Sent on 08/25/2018
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 03/31/2018

Erin is really pleasant to work with and has a natural talent for photography! Since I dabble in photography myself, I’m really picky about photographers and this was the one area in our budget I was willing to spend more on but not necessarily a ton. Our wedding was indoors so I asked Erin early on to send samples of indoor shots. Not only was she willing to share lots of samples, she also took the time to meet with us before we decided to hire her. The final product took over two months but it was well worth the wait, as I’d rather she spend the time carefully editing rather than rushing the job. I also highly recommend doing the engagement photos as well, since this is an opportunity to get to know each other and figure out what poses work best when you are not in a rush. She also sent ahead a “shot list” template for the wedding day which I thought seemed obvious at first (e.g., bride walking down the aisle?) until I sat down and started filling it out, and realized that I wanted many off-the-beaten-path type shots (e.g., all of the food, all of the guests, etc.). I’m really glad I filled out the template because Erin really took the time to make sure we got everything on the list (in addition to the usual!) Our friends who got married around the same time hired other photographers for roughly half the cost and I honestly think they got what they paid for - there was a significant difference in the quality - in terms of composition, scope (very few of their 150 guests were captured), and sheer quantity (we had way more shots of our 4-hour wedding than they had of their 6-hour wedding). We also got to have full res digital downloads, which made it easier to print, share, and make photo books elsewhere (our friends’ photographers did not provide this). Added bonus is that Erin and Adam are really nice and easy to work with, making a stressful day less stressful! We are extremely pleased and would gladly hire Erin again and recommend her to our friends!

Sent on 09/05/2018

T · Married on 12/30/2017

Erin really went above and beyond for our engagement portraits and party. She called me ahead of time to ask what sort of photos we would like to have taken, then met with me at the location to scout out shots the day before. When it turned out that I had misjudged the amount of time I needed covered, she rearranged her plans to stay an extra hour for us at the last minute! Erin was really great at working with our boisterous and somewhat disorganized group of people, and of course her photos looked fabulous. I love the way she got the lighting to look so bright and cheerful, which can be difficult for our multi-skintoned group. All of our family was impressed with the photos she took, which is a feat unto itself!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Julianne · Married on 12/17/2017

Erin is an wonderfully talented photographer and a genuinely friendly and kind person. We had to plan the majority of our wedding in LA from across the country, but Erin made the entire process super easy and stress-free. When we were finally in town and able to meet with her, she was just as warm and bubbly as her emails. She was great at really understanding what we wanted in our wedding photos (even when we weren't sure how to articulate what we wanted), and she made excellent suggestions! On the day of the wedding, Erin was awesome. I don't usually feel comfortable around a camera, but she made us feel so at ease and made the experience so much fun. We just got our wedding photos, and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out. I feel like Erin captured us so well, and I am really impressed with the candid shots from the reception. I don't usually write online reviews, but I could go on and on about how Erin is the best!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Ariel · Married on 12/10/2017

There are few things that are as stressful as planning a wedding and arguably one of the hardest things to choose is the photographer- the person who is in charge of capturing all the sights, the feelings, and all the memories that you and your family will look back upon for years to come. But fear not! Your search is over! My new husband and I cannot speak more highly about Erin Shimazu and her work and we were blown away by how much we loved all of the pictures. Not only were they beautiful but she was also able to capture the unique aspects of my husband's and my personality that make us laugh and remember just how magical our wedding day was! We were married at my parent's home and she was able to take simple decorations and transform them into real works of art while still capturing the homeyness that I was looking for. Not only were the results fantastic, but Erin as a person is genuinely one of the sweetest, most calm, and organized people I've ever met- the exact type of person you want capturing your wedding. She made the whole process so easy, from the initial meeting to planning our shot list and getting everyone together on the day of, and I never once had to worry about anything photography related. We absolutely loved working with Erin and her partner Adam and would love to work with them again in the future!! Maybe a maternity session someday? ;) Thanks a million Erin!! <3

Sent on 04/06/2018

Dale · Married on 12/02/2017

My wife and I were very pleased to have Erin as our photographer. Upon our first meeting, we knew that she would be the one to make us look good in our photos and capture all the moments during our big day. Her enthusiasm reflects the quality of her work. The moment we told her about our expectations and ideas, she beamed at them and wanted to make sure that they were made possible. She is super organized and keeps in constant contact with you to make sure everything goes smoothly. Everything on our shot list was taken and even more that we didn't even think of. My only regret, and this is not on her but on us, is that we didn't have more on our shot list since she would have made it happen. She is great at directing and keeping us on time. Both of our families are huge, so getting them all organized for a photo is an achievement in itself. She was able to get them all together while keeping in mind our strict schedule since we didn't have much time due to another event that was going to occur at our church. Overall, our photos turned out fantastic and working with her was a pleasure! Definitely recommended!

Also shout out to her assistant, Adam, who was also awesome and helpful!

Sent on 04/09/2018
    Erin Shimazu Photography 23
    Erin Shimazu Photography 24
    Erin Shimazu Photography 25

Emi · Married on 10/28/2017

We found Erin to be a most delightful and talented wedding photographer. From the get-go, we were taken by Erin’s artistry, attention to detail, and enthusiasm. In line with our outdoor wedding theme, she helped select the Santa Monica Mountains as a backdrop for our engagement photos — and highlighted her ability to capture us in the context of the natural surroundings. In the very busy ensuing months up to our wedding, Erin’s ability to help us plan ahead was instrumental; she proactively coordinated with us on visiting the venue and developing a photo shoot list and timeline. For the wedding day, Erin and her assistant, Adam, showed prowess in keeping schedule and cheerfully organizing the various group shots, as well as in unobtrusively taking casual photos. The photographs, which Erin had ready for us in a compilation only a little over 3 months after the wedding, were superb. They expertly captured the wedding party, guests, botanic garden ambience, and all of our little artistic details. We would eagerly use Erin again!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Patrick · Married on 09/30/2017

Erin came highly recommended by my wife's family. From the very beginning she was incredibly responsive and an absolute joy to work with. Currently, my wife and I are in the east coast. We flew home to get married in SoCal. Erin was incredibly flexible, coordinating from across the country. She did a magnificent job capturing our wedding. We are so pleased with our photos. We received a batch of pictures to use for our thank you cards immediately. The rest followed quickly.

Erin took time to get to know us and made it an incredibly personalized experience. We love our photos and will absolutely be looking to use her again.

If you are getting married in the LA area, there is no other choice. Erin is the absolute best.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Rochelle · Married on 08/17/2017

Erin was our photographer for our wedding and she was absolutely amazing. I contacted her around 6 months before our wedding and she kept in constant contact with me to ensure we were on track for the wedding. She even drove to a different city to scope out the venue with me to make sure we had all the shots planed in advanced since we weren't doing first looks and time between the ceremony and reception was going to be limited.

Outside of outstanding service, Erin has to be the nicest person I have ever met! She's so polite and sweet! After 2 hours of shooting, I was so done taking photos but she motivated me to continue shooting which I really appreciated. I would 10000% recommend her to anyone. You can't go wrong with Erin!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Tony · Married on 06/24/2017

Erin was a delight to work with! We had a low key City Hall wedding and small lunch afterwards. With the chaos of getting family, friends, and everything else involved in getting married squared away, we really didn't know what we wanted or needed as far as pictures. Thankfully, Erin just handled everything on that end. We just put our trust in her and she captured all of the important moments. There were so many glimpses of our day we missed even being a part of it and she was so creative in getting amazing photos of everything from the dresses and jewelry to the food at our family lunch. After the ceremony she wrangled everyone for beautiful family photos and striking bride and groom photos around the building. Everything came out better than we imagined. She was really great at capturing photos that matched our personality and giving us a dreamy record of our special day.

Sent on 07/23/2017

Marilyn · Married on 06/18/2017

We absolutely loved having Erin as our wedding photographer. From our very first meeting with her, she was so friendly, warm, bubbly, and enthusiastic. We knew we wanted her to be our photographer because of her passion and love for photographing weddings, but also because of her genuine and kind personality. Throughout the whole wedding planning process, Erin was very thoughtful and thorough, always checking in with us and making sure to take care of all our photography wishes. She even made sure to coordinate timing with our wedding coordinator so that we could get beautiful golden hour photos during our wedding. On the actual wedding day, Erin ensured that everything went smoothly from a photography standpoint. She made us feel very comfortable and happy in front of the camera. She was also wonderful during all of our family photos, group shots, and so on. We felt that we could completely trust her to capture all our wedding moments. After getting our wedding photos, we were so happy--the lighting, the framing, the style, the moments she captured--we loved everything about our photos. We highly, highly recommend Erin. We can't imagine a sweeter, better photographer!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Darius · Married on 05/21/2017

Erin Shimazu was one of the first photographers who’s work my wife and I viewed – and there were many. For almost 3 months straight, we scanned the internet, chasing recommendations and searching for that perfect artist. No matter how many prospects we surveyed, each of us kept coming back to Erin as our favorite. In communicating with Erin prior to our special day, another thing my wife and I agreed on with respect to feedback was Erin’s pleasant disposition. On the surface, one may not find this important since you figure the camera is the primary tool for completing a photography job. Our thought process was a bit different in that we believed the subjects (people, in our case) would be the primary medium and an ability to interact and actually feel these subjects could only enhance the power to capture moments. My wife and I were nervous about many things as our wedding day approached. Erin’s ability to work her magic was not one of them.

May 21, 2017 came, and we were not disappointed. Erin and her crew arrived timely and immediately blended in. With exception to those shots we clearly asked for, Erin and her crew were careful not to make their presence known. When the work was all done and we viewed our 2000+ photos, my wife and I marveled not just at how many pictures were taken, but to our pleasant surprise - how many special moments were snapped without interfering in our special day. Thank you, Erin, for capturing memories that are as beautiful as the day they were made!!
    Darius & Karen Gray

Sent on 10/08/2017
    Erin Shimazu Photography 26

Elise · Married on 04/25/2017

We had Erin do our engagement photo shoot, as well as the pictures for our wedding. She was extremely professional and her pictures turned out BEAUTIFUL! About half way through our engagement shoot, it became super windy and Erin offered to reschedule the rest of the shoot for a few weeks later, at no charge! She was a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Shin · Married on 03/02/2017

We originally hired Erin for our wedding back in 2015. However, we ended up cancelling the ceremony. At the time, Erin mentioned that she could not refund our deposit but that it could be applied towards future services. Fast forward two years, and we rescheduled a much smaller ceremony. True to her word, Erin honored our previous deposit, and since the new ceremony was going to be much smaller, she even offered to charge us just her standard event rate, which left us with credit even after the wedding. Erin was very easy and comfortable to work with, totally chill and low stress, not like some of the demanding wedding photographers you sometimes come across. She also did not get in the way, and took great shots throughout. We were very pleased with her work and would highly recommend her to others.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Tina · Married on 11/26/2016

We hired Erin as our photographer for our pre-wedding events and our wedding day. We were so pleased with Erin :) She is so friendly, helpful and talented! We felt very comfortable with her and Adam as our photographers for our special day. They were both very professional and our family & friends were also quite impressed! We love the photos and will cherish the memories captured! If you are looking for a very nice, talented photographer, don't think twice about hiring Erin! She is simply the best!

Sent on 12/20/2016
    Erin Shimazu Photography 27

Bob · Married on 11/12/2016

Don't think twice, book a meeting with Erin and you'll be satisfied beyond your wildest expectations!

Sent on 03/16/2017

Aida · Married on 10/08/2016

I cannot even begin to explain how incredible Erin is, but I'll give it my best shot. From the moment we first met her, we knew that she was perfect not only by her sheer talent but her fun natured personality and professionalism. Everything from the get-go just felt so natural and comfortable. Everyone who has looked at our Engagement photos and or our wedding photos rave about how incredible they are and we have Erin to thank for these perfect forever lasting memories. We loved our Engagement photos so much we even had Erin make an autograph book for us out of them so all of our wedding guests can see them on our special day! On the day of our wedding, Erin was amazing. She made sure we got all the pictures we wanted, with whom we wanted which you would think would be near impossible with soooo much going on with sooo many people. Our wedding album that she made for us was of the upmost quality and she surely turns your imaginations into a reality. She was a ball to work so working with her will be the thing we miss most post wedding. We ❤ you Erin!
    Highly recommend her to everyone! You will not be disappointed and she will exceed your expectations in every way!

-Aida & Jason