Erin Shimazu Photography Reviews

Erin Shimazu Photography 6
Erin Shimazu Photography 7

Lisa Yee · Getting married on 05/30/2020

Highly Recommend!

Erin did our engagement photoshoot and she is AMAZING. We absolutely loved how our photos came out. Not only is Erin super talented, she is also very sweet and made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. She made the effort to meet us and get to know us before the photoshoot which we really appreciated. She also asked us for poses we wanted to do and made sure she got shots of those. I highly recommend Erin as your photographer!!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Ava M · Getting married on 02/16/2020

Amazing experience and beautiful pictures!

Cannot recommend Erin enough! She just recently shot our engagement photos, and they came out gorgeous; we've gotten so many compliments already from friends and family! Erin was reasonably priced, was quick to respond to all our emails, was a joy to work with, and accommodated all of our needs. She traveled to two different locations for us, waited patiently during two outfit changes, and touched up all the photos we requested for an extra pop of color. We had so much fun running around LA with Erin and will definitely be calling her to photograph future life events!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Bryan La Sota · Married on 07/20/2019

AMAZING!!!! Erin was fantastic!

Highly recommend!!! From the very beginning, Erin was beyond amazing! We did our engagement shoot with her about 8 months before our wedding and the shots were beyond amazing! On our wedding day, her and her partner Adam were so professional, organized, prepared, and respectful. They got all of the shots we requested and soooo many more. She kept us ahead of schedule as well. We could not be happier that we chose Erin as our wedding photographer.

In addition to being an amazingly gifted photographer, Erin is a genuinely nice person and was so amazing to us throughout everything!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Xochitl

Xochitl · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely amazing

Having Erin as our photographer was a great decision,

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • W

Wendy Figueroa · Married on 05/17/2019

Love Erin!

We loved working with Erin so much. She made us feel relaxed and took better pictures than we could have imagined. People have said my pictures look like they should be in a magazine. She had a very calm and relaxed energy, but at the same time very professional and knew what she was doing. She let us make most decisions and chimed in when we needed her opinion or if she had a helpful suggestion. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Lien Cheung · Married on 03/29/2019

Highly Recommend!!

Erin was referred to me by word of mouth and I highly recommend her as your photographer for any special occasion! From the initial contact, to the engagement shoot, to the wedding day, Erin was wonderful throughout it all. She was very responsive to all my emails and requests. She assisted with my timeline, scoped out the venue with me (to plan which spot was good for first look, wedding party and family pictures, etc.), and arrived early on our wedding day just to make sure she captured all the details. Erin is sweet, patient, and accommodating, and she listens and genuinely cares professionally and personally. What I learned from working with Erin is that not only she is brilliant at what she does but her ultimate goal for her clients is to make them happy. We are extremely happy with our engagement and wedding photos and to have the pleasure working with her.

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/23/2019

Loving our wedding/engagement photos!

When finding a wedding photographer, my husband and I wanted to find someone who we felt comfortable with and who we appreciated their artistic eye for shots. I had contacted several photographers prior to Erin but none of their shots really impressed me. When meeting Erin for the first time in person we found she was the perfect fit! We felt immediately comfortable as she had such a sweet spirit, was very flexible, patient with all of our questions and explained her vision and process for photography. She took the time with us to scout out the location prior to both our engagement shoot and wedding day and she was a joy to have around on the day of the wedding. All of our friends and family said how beautiful both our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out! We are so impressed and are having a hard time picking our favorites because they are all so good! Erin is truly an artist and was calm and managed to capture the key shots in the midst of a truly packed wedding day photography schedule. Definitely would recommend!

Sent on 09/14/2019
    Erin Shimazu Photography 20
    Erin Shimazu Photography 21
  • Karen

Karen Pazzani · Married on 02/16/2019

Great pictures and great demeanor!

We loved working with Erin! She is calm and easy going, which is wonderful on a stressful wedding day. She did a great job making sure we got all the pictures we wanted and that we stayed on track with our timeline. She also took amazing pictures! I am generally not photogenic , but our engagement pictures and wedding pictures came out great. She gives helpful directions to get the best angle and lighting for the pictures, and also makes you feel comfortable with the process, so I did not have my usual frozen, deer in the headlights expression in the pictures. We're very happy we chose Erin.

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Erin Shimazu Photography 22

Lisa Anderson · Married on 10/23/2018

Erin is Amazing!

Working with Erin was a great all around experience. She was really friendly, responsive to our requests and ideas, and just a very sweet person. She took our request for a quirky anniversary session and totally rolled with it. During the shoot she makes you feel as comfortable as if you were just taking casual pictures with a friend. The photos she delivered were top quality, even capturing the silly moments between poses. She even went so far as to scout the location before hand so she'd be familiar with the lighting. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Cyndi T · Married on 10/21/2018

Wonderful person and amazing photographer!

Erin was our photographer for the engagement photoshoot and for our wedding day. She is so friendly and professional, and we really appreciated how organized and responsive she was throughout the process. We were a bit nervous with the engagement photos, but she put us at ease, and the photos turned out beautiful! We did a walkthrough of the wedding venue with her a few months before the actual date, which was helpful so that we could get some ideas on the type of photos we wanted to take on the day of. She provided us a detailed timeline and confirmed our shot list, and everything went super smoothly on our wedding day! We are amazed with all the photos she and Adam took on the day of - the photographs are a great blend of candid, casual photos, along with artistic, visually stunning imagery. We are so grateful that we had a wonderful photographer to document our special day. Thank you Erin!!

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Ken and Sunshine

Ken and Sunshine · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfectly an amazing adventure.

After a number of attempts to find the perfect photographer. Every response seems like a typical cookie cutter reply. Then there was Erin. It was an amazing journey working with her. From the first meeting to our engagement session to the wedding day itself. We knew we found someone who could capture our story. She has such a sweet, warm, personality and is reflective on her work. My wife and I are not made to be in front of the camera. But Erin made us feel completely at ease in front of the camera. On the day of our engagement shoot. Erin took her time to research the location and the proper lighting. We fed off from Erin’s energy as she went above and beyond to the point of dodging cars in Downtown LA to capture the perfect shot. On the day of our wedding, she was not only on time, but full of energy and enthusiasm. What we love about Erin is that she gets to know you at a personable level. We could not recommend any other photographer, but Erin. We really hope to use her services in the future! Thank you Erin, we truly loved your work and I swear, we never looked better in any other pictures.

Sent on 04/26/2019

Kailey · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing experience

Oh my gosh, we got our photos back and they are GORGEOUS!!! Seriously, I cried all over again. Erin (and her second-shooter Adam) did such an incredible job capturing the feel and personality of our wedding. When I told Erin about a shot from Pride and Prejudice I wanted to do, Erin had even more ideas for other photos! She was so thoughtful and sweet and she really took the time to think about us as a couple and what we wanted to capture in our photos. We are raving to everyone we know. Seriously, thank you Erin!!

Sent on 02/19/2019
    Erin Shimazu Photography 36
  • Jay

Jay · Married on 09/08/2018

Truly a spectacular photographer

This review is long overdue. We had Erin take our engagement shoot and wedding. To say that hiring Erin was a great decision is such an understatement. As we were planning our wedding, everyone kept telling my now wife and me to make sure we get a good photographer. I didn’t know much about photography and thought pictures are pictures. The first couple of photographers seemed good enough, but then we met Erin, and now I get what people are talking about. Erin is so down to earth, always on time, and her work was amazing. I really appreciated how she was knowledgeable about lighting and just always seemed to take the right shot. Everyone was so impressed with the final product. The one thing that I truly appreciated about Erin is how we felt she truly cared about us and what we wanted. She never imposed her “artistic vision” as I have heard other photographers do, but worked with us to see what we wanted and executed it perfectly. Also, weddings can be so stressful, but Erin did everything to reduce the stress. I appreciated how well she worked with all our vendors. Also, she was very on point with the schedule and stayed on time (despite our ceremony going around 30 minutes later than scheduled). Every shot that we asked her to take (and we asked for quite a few) she was able to get. In addition, she caught some amazing moments that we did not even think about listing, which we greatly appreciated. She even was able to get difficult shots like getting all the guests to stand in front of the church and on the dance floor for group shots (and we had around 180 people). If you are considering Erin as your photographer, I would strongly suggest you don’t hesitate and hire her.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Ellie · Married on 09/02/2018

If I could Erin 10 stars, I would! Such great personality and quality work! We had such a great time with her while we took our engagement photos that we hired her again for another event we hosted (we got married on the east coast so unfortunately had to find another photographer there...).
    I CANNOT RECOMMEND HER ENOUGH! we will definitely hire her again. Professional, communicative and easy to work with, and not the mention the AMAZING pictures we got! We are still getting compliments on those photos.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Jordan · Married on 06/16/2018

We had consulted with quite a few photographers before meeting Erin, and once we did it was easy to see how professional, easygoing, and creative she was. We were immediately impressed by her photography style but were blown away at her ability to make us laugh and relax while taking pictures. When we were shooting our engagement photos it felt like just another one of our friends taking the photos.
    On the day of the wedding Erin was able to control the crowd and take all the shots we had asked for. Our big day was perfect and Erin was able to capture all the beautiful little moments throughout the way. Her pictures were absolutely incredible and my wife and I couldn’t help but look at them all day long! Without a doubt we would recommend Erin to any of our good friends and we can’t say enough how satisfied we are with her work.
    Erin does an amazing job at what she does and her passion for it really shines through in the end product! All of our family and friends continue to rave about the photography work Erin did for our wedding!

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Erin Shimazu Photography 37
  • F

Fion · Married on 04/28/2018

Erin and her second shooter, Adam, is an absolute joy to work with. They're very kind and easy to work with. Their demeanor helped put us at ease when we felt awkward posing. Erin was very fun, friendly, sweet, and detailed oriented. My husband and I knew immediately that we wanted to book with Erin for our engagement and wedding. She worked with us during the planning stage and made sure she knew the shots and poses we wanted. She offered beyond what we paid for. She's very accommodating. She takes a lot of time to make sure she knows what you're looking for. She even went to our ceremony venue with us to scout it out. Erin takes a lot of consideration into the details like the time (for sunsets), angle, and background. She has a natural talent for photography and she is an absolute professional. She has a great eye for capturing beautiful moments into photos. I love the color, the smiles on our faces, and the love between my husband and we that I see through each photos. She willing to get dirty for a good photo angle. She fell once taking our wedding photos, but was a good sport about it and kept going. What a professional! Erin captured the moments of our engagement/wedding better than I imagined and it brings me back to the magical day.

Sent on 08/25/2018
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 03/31/2018

Erin is really pleasant to work with and has a natural talent for photography! Since I dabble in photography myself, I’m really picky about photographers and this was the one area in our budget I was willing to spend more on but not necessarily a ton. Our wedding was indoors so I asked Erin early on to send samples of indoor shots. Not only was she willing to share lots of samples, she also took the time to meet with us before we decided to hire her. The final product took over two months but it was well worth the wait, as I’d rather she spend the time carefully editing rather than rushing the job. I also highly recommend doing the engagement photos as well, since this is an opportunity to get to know each other and figure out what poses work best when you are not in a rush. She also sent ahead a “shot list” template for the wedding day which I thought seemed obvious at first (e.g., bride walking down the aisle?) until I sat down and started filling it out, and realized that I wanted many off-the-beaten-path type shots (e.g., all of the food, all of the guests, etc.). I’m really glad I filled out the template because Erin really took the time to make sure we got everything on the list (in addition to the usual!) Our friends who got married around the same time hired other photographers for roughly half the cost and I honestly think they got what they paid for - there was a significant difference in the quality - in terms of composition, scope (very few of their 150 guests were captured), and sheer quantity (we had way more shots of our 4-hour wedding than they had of their 6-hour wedding). We also got to have full res digital downloads, which made it easier to print, share, and make photo books elsewhere (our friends’ photographers did not provide this). Added bonus is that Erin and Adam are really nice and easy to work with, making a stressful day less stressful! We are extremely pleased and would gladly hire Erin again and recommend her to our friends!

Sent on 09/05/2018

T · Married on 12/30/2017

Erin really went above and beyond for our engagement portraits and party. She called me ahead of time to ask what sort of photos we would like to have taken, then met with me at the location to scout out shots the day before. When it turned out that I had misjudged the amount of time I needed covered, she rearranged her plans to stay an extra hour for us at the last minute! Erin was really great at working with our boisterous and somewhat disorganized group of people, and of course her photos looked fabulous. I love the way she got the lighting to look so bright and cheerful, which can be difficult for our multi-skintoned group. All of our family was impressed with the photos she took, which is a feat unto itself!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Julianne · Married on 12/17/2017

Erin is an wonderfully talented photographer and a genuinely friendly and kind person. We had to plan the majority of our wedding in LA from across the country, but Erin made the entire process super easy and stress-free. When we were finally in town and able to meet with her, she was just as warm and bubbly as her emails. She was great at really understanding what we wanted in our wedding photos (even when we weren't sure how to articulate what we wanted), and she made excellent suggestions! On the day of the wedding, Erin was awesome. I don't usually feel comfortable around a camera, but she made us feel so at ease and made the experience so much fun. We just got our wedding photos, and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out. I feel like Erin captured us so well, and I am really impressed with the candid shots from the reception. I don't usually write online reviews, but I could go on and on about how Erin is the best!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Ariel · Married on 12/10/2017

There are few things that are as stressful as planning a wedding and arguably one of the hardest things to choose is the photographer- the person who is in charge of capturing all the sights, the feelings, and all the memories that you and your family will look back upon for years to come. But fear not! Your search is over! My new husband and I cannot speak more highly about Erin Shimazu and her work and we were blown away by how much we loved all of the pictures. Not only were they beautiful but she was also able to capture the unique aspects of my husband's and my personality that make us laugh and remember just how magical our wedding day was! We were married at my parent's home and she was able to take simple decorations and transform them into real works of art while still capturing the homeyness that I was looking for. Not only were the results fantastic, but Erin as a person is genuinely one of the sweetest, most calm, and organized people I've ever met- the exact type of person you want capturing your wedding. She made the whole process so easy, from the initial meeting to planning our shot list and getting everyone together on the day of, and I never once had to worry about anything photography related. We absolutely loved working with Erin and her partner Adam and would love to work with them again in the future!! Maybe a maternity session someday? ;) Thanks a million Erin!! <3

Sent on 04/06/2018

Dale · Married on 12/02/2017

My wife and I were very pleased to have Erin as our photographer. Upon our first meeting, we knew that she would be the one to make us look good in our photos and capture all the moments during our big day. Her enthusiasm reflects the quality of her work. The moment we told her about our expectations and ideas, she beamed at them and wanted to make sure that they were made possible. She is super organized and keeps in constant contact with you to make sure everything goes smoothly. Everything on our shot list was taken and even more that we didn't even think of. My only regret, and this is not on her but on us, is that we didn't have more on our shot list since she would have made it happen. She is great at directing and keeping us on time. Both of our families are huge, so getting them all organized for a photo is an achievement in itself. She was able to get them all together while keeping in mind our strict schedule since we didn't have much time due to another event that was going to occur at our church. Overall, our photos turned out fantastic and working with her was a pleasure! Definitely recommended!

Also shout out to her assistant, Adam, who was also awesome and helpful!

Sent on 04/09/2018
    Erin Shimazu Photography 38
    Erin Shimazu Photography 39
    Erin Shimazu Photography 40

Emi · Married on 10/28/2017

We found Erin to be a most delightful and talented wedding photographer. From the get-go, we were taken by Erin’s artistry, attention to detail, and enthusiasm. In line with our outdoor wedding theme, she helped select the Santa Monica Mountains as a backdrop for our engagement photos — and highlighted her ability to capture us in the context of the natural surroundings. In the very busy ensuing months up to our wedding, Erin’s ability to help us plan ahead was instrumental; she proactively coordinated with us on visiting the venue and developing a photo shoot list and timeline. For the wedding day, Erin and her assistant, Adam, showed prowess in keeping schedule and cheerfully organizing the various group shots, as well as in unobtrusively taking casual photos. The photographs, which Erin had ready for us in a compilation only a little over 3 months after the wedding, were superb. They expertly captured the wedding party, guests, botanic garden ambience, and all of our little artistic details. We would eagerly use Erin again!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Patrick · Married on 09/30/2017

Erin came highly recommended by my wife's family. From the very beginning she was incredibly responsive and an absolute joy to work with. Currently, my wife and I are in the east coast. We flew home to get married in SoCal. Erin was incredibly flexible, coordinating from across the country. She did a magnificent job capturing our wedding. We are so pleased with our photos. We received a batch of pictures to use for our thank you cards immediately. The rest followed quickly.

Erin took time to get to know us and made it an incredibly personalized experience. We love our photos and will absolutely be looking to use her again.

If you are getting married in the LA area, there is no other choice. Erin is the absolute best.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Rochelle · Married on 08/17/2017

Erin was our photographer for our wedding and she was absolutely amazing. I contacted her around 6 months before our wedding and she kept in constant contact with me to ensure we were on track for the wedding. She even drove to a different city to scope out the venue with me to make sure we had all the shots planed in advanced since we weren't doing first looks and time between the ceremony and reception was going to be limited.

Outside of outstanding service, Erin has to be the nicest person I have ever met! She's so polite and sweet! After 2 hours of shooting, I was so done taking photos but she motivated me to continue shooting which I really appreciated. I would 10000% recommend her to anyone. You can't go wrong with Erin!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Tony · Married on 06/24/2017

Erin was a delight to work with! We had a low key City Hall wedding and small lunch afterwards. With the chaos of getting family, friends, and everything else involved in getting married squared away, we really didn't know what we wanted or needed as far as pictures. Thankfully, Erin just handled everything on that end. We just put our trust in her and she captured all of the important moments. There were so many glimpses of our day we missed even being a part of it and she was so creative in getting amazing photos of everything from the dresses and jewelry to the food at our family lunch. After the ceremony she wrangled everyone for beautiful family photos and striking bride and groom photos around the building. Everything came out better than we imagined. She was really great at capturing photos that matched our personality and giving us a dreamy record of our special day.

Sent on 07/23/2017