Erin Shimazu Photography Reviews

57 | Los Angeles, CA

57 Reviews for Erin Shimazu Photography

Chrissy S · Getting married on 02/01/2021

Stunning photos, wonderful photographer

Erin was absolutely wonderful! First, her photos are stunning. She can capture such a spectrum of emotion from a couple fully relaxed, to in stitches with laughter, to moving and dramatic. She helped us to feel ourselves, both at are most confident and vulnerable. She is super conscientious--in how she approaches photography and her relationships with her clients. Erin listened for the special moments and roles of our guests in our lives, and photographed them accordingly--making them especially heartwarming too. She shot details beautifully, from my jewelry to the accents and architectural details of our venue. In spite of my too-big nose, I fell for her profile photos, which were ultimately among my many favorites of us.
    Erin's kind and gentle demeanor helped us to relax,  put us and our families at ease , even being a refuge when moments of stress came up. The way she laughed and spoke with us made us feel like we'd known her forever and ultimately gained a new friend. She was generous with her time to ensure she understood what we wanted from our wedding photos, the details that were unique and special to us, like capturing an inside joke. Erin's warmth and positive personality just puts a smile on your face. She asked us questions along the way and always answered ours promptly and thoroughly. Her second shooter for our wedding, Adam, was also really great. He echoed her calmness, ease, attention to detail and ability to capture photography rich with light and emotion--whether in an expression or an elegant cocktail.
    Thank you so so much. We would choose you again in a heartbeat and couldn't recommend you more. All the best. C & A

Sent on 04/10/2020
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 07/17/2020

Amazing engagement photos

Erin is amazing to work with. She is so kind and makes the whole experience fun. You can tell that she really cares about her clients. Our engagement photos were absolutely stunning.

Sent on 07/27/2020

Rachel & Charles Ouano · Married on 06/12/2020

Absolute Pleasure To Work With

Having Erin as our photographer for our wedding day was an absolute pleasure! After communicating with multiple photographers, there was just something about Erin where we instantaneously knew that she was the photographer for us! She made the process so easy that we had everything in place to book her for her services within 2 days! In preparation, she had suggested that we meet prior to the wedding to scout the venue in order to get a better idea of the type of photos we wanted and to provide her creative input as well. Her willingness to meet with us and to also answer any questions we might have had was so helpful in calming our nerves as this was our first professional photoshoot and we definitely didn’t want any of that to show in our pictures. Come the day of our wedding, Erin did exactly that! She made us feel so comfortable and relaxed that no nerves were in sight! Our photos taken after our wedding ceremony throughout the venue was so seamless and enjoyable. When we received our photos, the quality of work was beyond our expectations and every single one was amazing. She was able to capture every special moment that we can relive and cherish for the rest of our lives. Her professionalism, flexibility for last minute changes, and responsiveness during the entire process prior to and on our wedding day made it one of the best experiences and we’re so grateful to have shared this with her. We highly recommend hiring Erin if you’re looking for a great photographer!

Sent on 03/09/2020

Lisa Yee · Married on 05/30/2020

Highly Recommend!

Erin did our engagement photoshoot and she is AMAZING. We absolutely loved how our photos came out. Not only is Erin super talented, she is also very sweet and made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. She made the effort to meet us and get to know us before the photoshoot which we really appreciated. She also asked us for poses we wanted to do and made sure she got shots of those. I highly recommend Erin as your photographer!!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Ava M · Married on 02/16/2020

Amazing experience and beautiful pictures!

Cannot recommend Erin enough! She just recently shot our engagement photos, and they came out gorgeous; we've gotten so many compliments already from friends and family! Erin was reasonably priced, was quick to respond to all our emails, was a joy to work with, and accommodated all of our needs. She traveled to two different locations for us, waited patiently during two outfit changes, and touched up all the photos we requested for an extra pop of color. We had so much fun running around LA with Erin and will definitely be calling her to photograph future life events!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Dayna

Dayna · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing!

I cannot recommend Erin enough!! She is an absolutely amazing photographer. My husband and I knew the moment we met Erin that we wanted to work with her. She has an amazing personality and is beyond kind!! She was quick to respond to our emails and questions.

Our engagement and wedding photos are amazing!! My husband and I both cried after seeing them. She was able to capture our personalities in our photos.

She took the time to walk the venue with us and give her opinion on what areas would give us the best photos. She was knowledgeable about picking out spots with the best lighting.

Erin is AMAZING!! Absolutely would recommend!!!

Sent on 04/07/2020

Christina · Married on 07/26/2019

Erin is absolutely the best!

Erin was an absolute GEM as our wedding photographer. Her calm, easy going demeanor made it so pleasant to work with her for our engagement shoot and wedding! She has such a good eye for beautiful lighting and natural beauty to photograph in. Our photographs all came out AMAZING. I would recommend Erin as highly as I can!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Bryan La Sota · Married on 07/20/2019

AMAZING!!!! Erin was fantastic!

Highly recommend!!! From the very beginning, Erin was beyond amazing! We did our engagement shoot with her about 8 months before our wedding and the shots were beyond amazing! On our wedding day, her and her partner Adam were so professional, organized, prepared, and respectful. They got all of the shots we requested and soooo many more. She kept us ahead of schedule as well. We could not be happier that we chose Erin as our wedding photographer.

In addition to being an amazingly gifted photographer, Erin is a genuinely nice person and was so amazing to us throughout everything!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Xochitl

Xochitl · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely amazing

Having Erin as our photographer was a great decision,

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • W

Wendy Figueroa · Married on 05/17/2019

Love Erin!

We loved working with Erin so much. She made us feel relaxed and took better pictures than we could have imagined. People have said my pictures look like they should be in a magazine. She had a very calm and relaxed energy, but at the same time very professional and knew what she was doing. She let us make most decisions and chimed in when we needed her opinion or if she had a helpful suggestion. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Dj O. · Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing! Fun! Detailed! Everything you want in a photographer!

Words cannot explain how amazing Erin and her work are! Erin took the photos for our other friend’s wedding last year and she was highly recommended. When we first met her, it already felt like we were friends. She showed up with a portfolio and we were instantly impressed. Her prices were great and coordinating timelines with her was so easy!

My husband and I were beaming and so excited that we couldn’t sleep when we looked at our wedding photos. Erin captured all the details, vibrant colors, and candid moments without breaking a sweat. She also took our engagement photos (set at an awesome price as well if you book a package with her!) and let me tell you, she works wonders. She shared our same love for the beach and the great outdoors and had awesome venues to suggest. She was thorough in checking the weather and lighting to ensure everything would be captured under optimum conditions. My husband and I had our awkward moments during the shoot, but Erin was able to make the session fun and it definitely showed in her shots.

On the day of the wedding she was very professional and was even kind enough to show up earlier than scheduled to get extra shots in. She scouted the church, hotel and reception venues ahead of time so that she new exactly where and when to take her photos. She fulfilled all of our little requests and captured all aspects that were important to us. Everything went according to schedule without us having to feel the pressure of getting all our photos on our shot list taken. She made sure we were comfortable and made it a priority for us to have fun and enjoy the process! Capturing every moment is such an important aspect of a wedding and we can assure you that Erin will definitely deliver! I can confidently say anyone who has the pleasure of working with Erin will love her as much as we did!

Sent on 11/14/2019

Lien Cheung · Married on 03/29/2019

Highly Recommend!!

Erin was referred to me by word of mouth and I highly recommend her as your photographer for any special occasion! From the initial contact, to the engagement shoot, to the wedding day, Erin was wonderful throughout it all. She was very responsive to all my emails and requests. She assisted with my timeline, scoped out the venue with me (to plan which spot was good for first look, wedding party and family pictures, etc.), and arrived early on our wedding day just to make sure she captured all the details. Erin is sweet, patient, and accommodating, and she listens and genuinely cares professionally and personally. What I learned from working with Erin is that not only she is brilliant at what she does but her ultimate goal for her clients is to make them happy. We are extremely happy with our engagement and wedding photos and to have the pleasure working with her.

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/23/2019

Loving our wedding/engagement photos!

When finding a wedding photographer, my husband and I wanted to find someone who we felt comfortable with and who we appreciated their artistic eye for shots. I had contacted several photographers prior to Erin but none of their shots really impressed me. When meeting Erin for the first time in person we found she was the perfect fit! We felt immediately comfortable as she had such a sweet spirit, was very flexible, patient with all of our questions and explained her vision and process for photography. She took the time with us to scout out the location prior to both our engagement shoot and wedding day and she was a joy to have around on the day of the wedding. All of our friends and family said how beautiful both our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out! We are so impressed and are having a hard time picking our favorites because they are all so good! Erin is truly an artist and was calm and managed to capture the key shots in the midst of a truly packed wedding day photography schedule. Definitely would recommend!

Sent on 09/14/2019

Cruz · Married on 03/10/2019

Simply Amazing and Beautiful Work!

We completely recommend Erin as a wedding photographer or just generally for any photography you may need! Erin and her team did an amazing job with our wedding, working so well along with our other vendors, and being responsive and involved the entire way until our wedding day and after! Erin truly understood us as a couple and our wedding vision, and she made sure to capture every single special moment, especially the little moments we would want to remember for the rest of our lives, with such wonderful timing to capture our true essence. The pictures came out absolutely beautifully and we highly recommend her for your wedding! She is completely amazing as a photographer and just a wonderful and overall friendly person! Her photography skills are simply amazing, she captured the beautiful cherry blossom season, its delicate but vibrant color and all of the small but special touches we had in our wedding, and knew how to get us back to our comfort zone when we ever strayed into our awkwardness (which we are very aware of lol). Everything was absolutely beautiful and we highly recommend her! Thank you Erin for our amazing and beautiful wedding photographs, we absolutely love them!

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • Karen

Karen Pazzani · Married on 02/16/2019

Great pictures and great demeanor!

We loved working with Erin! She is calm and easy going, which is wonderful on a stressful wedding day. She did a great job making sure we got all the pictures we wanted and that we stayed on track with our timeline. She also took amazing pictures! I am generally not photogenic , but our engagement pictures and wedding pictures came out great. She gives helpful directions to get the best angle and lighting for the pictures, and also makes you feel comfortable with the process, so I did not have my usual frozen, deer in the headlights expression in the pictures. We're very happy we chose Erin.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Mae T · Married on 12/21/2018

Really easy to work with

Working with Erin for our wedding was such a breeze. I was looking not only for a great photographer but also someone I knew would be really great and easy to work with on one of the most important days of our lives. She was a pro. I didn’t have to worry about anything. She knew beforehand the shots I wanted and did them so beautifully. I definitely would recommend her. And we were so happy once we got the photos. Thank you Erin!

Sent on 03/29/2020

Lisa Anderson · Married on 10/23/2018

Erin is Amazing!

Working with Erin was a great all around experience. She was really friendly, responsive to our requests and ideas, and just a very sweet person. She took our request for a quirky anniversary session and totally rolled with it. During the shoot she makes you feel as comfortable as if you were just taking casual pictures with a friend. The photos she delivered were top quality, even capturing the silly moments between poses. She even went so far as to scout the location before hand so she'd be familiar with the lighting. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Cyndi T · Married on 10/21/2018

Wonderful person and amazing photographer!

Erin was our photographer for the engagement photoshoot and for our wedding day. She is so friendly and professional, and we really appreciated how organized and responsive she was throughout the process. We were a bit nervous with the engagement photos, but she put us at ease, and the photos turned out beautiful! We did a walkthrough of the wedding venue with her a few months before the actual date, which was helpful so that we could get some ideas on the type of photos we wanted to take on the day of. She provided us a detailed timeline and confirmed our shot list, and everything went super smoothly on our wedding day! We are amazed with all the photos she and Adam took on the day of - the photographs are a great blend of candid, casual photos, along with artistic, visually stunning imagery. We are so grateful that we had a wonderful photographer to document our special day. Thank you Erin!!

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Ken and Sunshine

Ken and Sunshine · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfectly an amazing adventure.

After a number of attempts to find the perfect photographer. Every response seems like a typical cookie cutter reply. Then there was Erin. It was an amazing journey working with her. From the first meeting to our engagement session to the wedding day itself. We knew we found someone who could capture our story. She has such a sweet, warm, personality and is reflective on her work. My wife and I are not made to be in front of the camera. But Erin made us feel completely at ease in front of the camera. On the day of our engagement shoot. Erin took her time to research the location and the proper lighting. We fed off from Erin’s energy as she went above and beyond to the point of dodging cars in Downtown LA to capture the perfect shot. On the day of our wedding, she was not only on time, but full of energy and enthusiasm. What we love about Erin is that she gets to know you at a personable level. We could not recommend any other photographer, but Erin. We really hope to use her services in the future! Thank you Erin, we truly loved your work and I swear, we never looked better in any other pictures.

Sent on 04/26/2019

Kailey · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing experience

Oh my gosh, we got our photos back and they are GORGEOUS!!! Seriously, I cried all over again. Erin (and her second-shooter Adam) did such an incredible job capturing the feel and personality of our wedding. When I told Erin about a shot from Pride and Prejudice I wanted to do, Erin had even more ideas for other photos! She was so thoughtful and sweet and she really took the time to think about us as a couple and what we wanted to capture in our photos. We are raving to everyone we know. Seriously, thank you Erin!!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Jay

Jay · Married on 09/08/2018

Truly a spectacular photographer

This review is long overdue. We had Erin take our engagement shoot and wedding. To say that hiring Erin was a great decision is such an understatement. As we were planning our wedding, everyone kept telling my now wife and me to make sure we get a good photographer. I didn’t know much about photography and thought pictures are pictures. The first couple of photographers seemed good enough, but then we met Erin, and now I get what people are talking about. Erin is so down to earth, always on time, and her work was amazing. I really appreciated how she was knowledgeable about lighting and just always seemed to take the right shot. Everyone was so impressed with the final product. The one thing that I truly appreciated about Erin is how we felt she truly cared about us and what we wanted. She never imposed her “artistic vision” as I have heard other photographers do, but worked with us to see what we wanted and executed it perfectly. Also, weddings can be so stressful, but Erin did everything to reduce the stress. I appreciated how well she worked with all our vendors. Also, she was very on point with the schedule and stayed on time (despite our ceremony going around 30 minutes later than scheduled). Every shot that we asked her to take (and we asked for quite a few) she was able to get. In addition, she caught some amazing moments that we did not even think about listing, which we greatly appreciated. She even was able to get difficult shots like getting all the guests to stand in front of the church and on the dance floor for group shots (and we had around 180 people). If you are considering Erin as your photographer, I would strongly suggest you don’t hesitate and hire her.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Ellie · Married on 09/02/2018

If I could Erin 10 stars, I would! Such great personality and quality work! We had such a great time with her while we took our engagement photos that we hired her again for another event we hosted (we got married on the east coast so unfortunately had to find another photographer there...).
    I CANNOT RECOMMEND HER ENOUGH! we will definitely hire her again. Professional, communicative and easy to work with, and not the mention the AMAZING pictures we got! We are still getting compliments on those photos.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Jordan · Married on 06/16/2018

We had consulted with quite a few photographers before meeting Erin, and once we did it was easy to see how professional, easygoing, and creative she was. We were immediately impressed by her photography style but were blown away at her ability to make us laugh and relax while taking pictures. When we were shooting our engagement photos it felt like just another one of our friends taking the photos.
    On the day of the wedding Erin was able to control the crowd and take all the shots we had asked for. Our big day was perfect and Erin was able to capture all the beautiful little moments throughout the way. Her pictures were absolutely incredible and my wife and I couldn’t help but look at them all day long! Without a doubt we would recommend Erin to any of our good friends and we can’t say enough how satisfied we are with her work.
    Erin does an amazing job at what she does and her passion for it really shines through in the end product! All of our family and friends continue to rave about the photography work Erin did for our wedding!

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • F

Fion · Married on 04/28/2018

Erin and her second shooter, Adam, is an absolute joy to work with. They're very kind and easy to work with. Their demeanor helped put us at ease when we felt awkward posing. Erin was very fun, friendly, sweet, and detailed oriented. My husband and I knew immediately that we wanted to book with Erin for our engagement and wedding. She worked with us during the planning stage and made sure she knew the shots and poses we wanted. She offered beyond what we paid for. She's very accommodating. She takes a lot of time to make sure she knows what you're looking for. She even went to our ceremony venue with us to scout it out. Erin takes a lot of consideration into the details like the time (for sunsets), angle, and background. She has a natural talent for photography and she is an absolute professional. She has a great eye for capturing beautiful moments into photos. I love the color, the smiles on our faces, and the love between my husband and we that I see through each photos. She willing to get dirty for a good photo angle. She fell once taking our wedding photos, but was a good sport about it and kept going. What a professional! Erin captured the moments of our engagement/wedding better than I imagined and it brings me back to the magical day.

Sent on 08/25/2018