34 Reviews for Erin Shimazu Photography

Toning (1)
Canvas (1)
Flush Mount (1)
34 Erin Shimazu Photography Reviews

Erin and her second shooter, Adam, is an absolute joy to work with. They're very kind and easy to work with. Their demeanor helped put us at ease when we felt awkward posing. Erin was very fun, friendly, sweet, and detailed oriented. My husband and I knew immediately that we wanted to book with Erin for our engagement and wedding. She worked with us during the planning stage and made sure she knew the shots and poses we wanted. She offered beyond what we paid for. She's very accommodating. She takes a lot of time to make sure she knows what you're looking for. She even went to our ceremony venue with us to scout it out. Erin takes a lot of consideration into the details like the time (for sunsets), angle, and background. She has a natural talent for photography and she is an absolute professional. She has a great eye for capturing beautiful moments into photos. I love the color, the smiles on our faces, and the love between my husband and we that I see through each photos. She willing to get dirty for a good photo angle. She fell once taking our wedding photos, but was a good sport about it and kept going. What a professional! Erin captured the moments of our engagement/wedding better than I imagined and it brings me back to the magical day.

Profile Picture Fion, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Canvas, Prints

Erin is really pleasant to work with and has a natural talent for photography! Since I dabble in photography myself, I’m really picky about photographers and this was the one area in our budget I was willing to spend more on but not necessarily a ton. Our wedding was indoors so I asked Erin early on to send samples of indoor shots. Not only was she willing to share lots of samples, she also took the time to meet with us before we decided to hire her. The final product took over two months but it was well worth the wait, as I’d rather she spend the time carefully editing rather than rushing the job. I also highly recommend doing the engagement photos as well, since this is an opportunity to get to know each other and figure out what poses work best when you are not in a rush. She also sent ahead a “shot list” template for the wedding day which I thought seemed obvious at first (e.g., bride walking down the aisle?) until I sat down and started filling it out, and realized that I wanted many off-the-beaten-path type shots (e.g., all of the food, all of the guests, etc.). I’m really glad I filled out the template because Erin really took the time to make sure we got everything on the list (in addition to the usual!) Our friends who got married around the same time hired other photographers for roughly half the cost and I honestly think they got what they paid for - there was a significant difference in the quality - in terms of composition, scope (very few of their 150 guests were captured), and sheer quantity (we had way more shots of our 4-hour wedding than they had of their 6-hour wedding). We also got to have full res digital downloads, which made it easier to print, share, and make photo books elsewhere (our friends’ photographers did not provide this). Added bonus is that Erin and Adam are really nice and easy to work with, making a stressful day less stressful! We are extremely pleased and would gladly hire Erin again and recommend her to our friends!

Profile Picture Jenny, 3/31/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files, Prints

Erin really went above and beyond for our engagement portraits and party. She called me ahead of time to ask what sort of photos we would like to have taken, then met with me at the location to scout out shots the day before. When it turned out that I had misjudged the amount of time I needed covered, she rearranged her plans to stay an extra hour for us at the last minute! Erin was really great at working with our boisterous and somewhat disorganized group of people, and of course her photos looked fabulous. I love the way she got the lighting to look so bright and cheerful, which can be difficult for our multi-skintoned group. All of our family was impressed with the photos she took, which is a feat unto itself!

Profile Picture T, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Erin is an wonderfully talented photographer and a genuinely friendly and kind person. We had to plan the majority of our wedding in LA from across the country, but Erin made the entire process super easy and stress-free. When we were finally in town and able to meet with her, she was just as warm and bubbly as her emails. She was great at really understanding what we wanted in our wedding photos (even when we weren't sure how to articulate what we wanted), and she made excellent suggestions! On the day of the wedding, Erin was awesome. I don't usually feel comfortable around a camera, but she made us feel so at ease and made the experience so much fun. We just got our wedding photos, and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out. I feel like Erin captured us so well, and I am really impressed with the candid shots from the reception. I don't usually write online reviews, but I could go on and on about how Erin is the best!

Profile Picture Julianne, 12/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

There are few things that are as stressful as planning a wedding and arguably one of the hardest things to choose is the photographer- the person who is in charge of capturing all the sights, the feelings, and all the memories that you and your family will look back upon for years to come. But fear not! Your search is over! My new husband and I cannot speak more highly about Erin Shimazu and her work and we were blown away by how much we loved all of the pictures. Not only were they beautiful but she was also able to capture the unique aspects of my husband's and my personality that make us laugh and remember just how magical our wedding day was! We were married at my parent's home and she was able to take simple decorations and transform them into real works of art while still capturing the homeyness that I was looking for. Not only were the results fantastic, but Erin as a person is genuinely one of the sweetest, most calm, and organized people I've ever met- the exact type of person you want capturing your wedding. She made the whole process so easy, from the initial meeting to planning our shot list and getting everyone together on the day of, and I never once had to worry about anything photography related. We absolutely loved working with Erin and her partner Adam and would love to work with them again in the future!! Maybe a maternity session someday? ;) Thanks a million Erin!!

Profile Picture Ariel, 12/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits

My wife and I were very pleased to have Erin as our photographer. Upon our first meeting, we knew that she would be the one to make us look good in our photos and capture all the moments during our big day. Her enthusiasm reflects the quality of her work. The moment we told her about our expectations and ideas, she beamed at them and wanted to make sure that they were made possible. She is super organized and keeps in constant contact with you to make sure everything goes smoothly. Everything on our shot list was taken and even more that we didn't even think of. My only regret, and this is not on her but on us, is that we didn't have more on our shot list since she would have made it happen. She is great at directing and keeping us on time. Both of our families are huge, so getting them all organized for a photo is an achievement in itself. She was able to get them all together while keeping in mind our strict schedule since we didn't have much time due to another event that was going to occur at our church. Overall, our photos turned out fantastic and working with her was a pleasure! Definitely recommended!

Also shout out to her assistant, Adam, who was also awesome and helpful!

Photo for Erin Shimazu Photography Review - Our dog, Envy! She was able to work her into our pics!
Photo for Erin Shimazu Photography Review - She was able to capture our dog's true nature and essence!
Profile Picture Dale, 12/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits

We found Erin to be a most delightful and talented wedding photographer. From the get-go, we were taken by Erin’s artistry, attention to detail, and enthusiasm. In line with our outdoor wedding theme, she helped select the Santa Monica Mountains as a backdrop for our engagement photos — and highlighted her ability to capture us in the context of the natural surroundings. In the very busy ensuing months up to our wedding, Erin’s ability to help us plan ahead was instrumental; she proactively coordinated with us on visiting the venue and developing a photo shoot list and timeline. For the wedding day, Erin and her assistant, Adam, showed prowess in keeping schedule and cheerfully organizing the various group shots, as well as in unobtrusively taking casual photos. The photographs, which Erin had ready for us in a compilation only a little over 3 months after the wedding, were superb. They expertly captured the wedding party, guests, botanic garden ambience, and all of our little artistic details. We would eagerly use Erin again!

Profile Picture Emi, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Erin came highly recommended by my wife's family. From the very beginning she was incredibly responsive and an absolute joy to work with. Currently, my wife and I are in the east coast. We flew home to get married in SoCal. Erin was incredibly flexible, coordinating from across the country. She did a magnificent job capturing our wedding. We are so pleased with our photos. We received a batch of pictures to use for our thank you cards immediately. The rest followed quickly.

Erin took time to get to know us and made it an incredibly personalized experience. We love our photos and will absolutely be looking to use her again.

If you are getting married in the LA area, there is no other choice. Erin is the absolute best.

Profile Picture Patrick, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Erin was our photographer for our wedding and she was absolutely amazing. I contacted her around 6 months before our wedding and she kept in constant contact with me to ensure we were on track for the wedding. She even drove to a different city to scope out the venue with me to make sure we had all the shots planed in advanced since we weren't doing first looks and time between the ceremony and reception was going to be limited.

Outside of outstanding service, Erin has to be the nicest person I have ever met! She's so polite and sweet! After 2 hours of shooting, I was so done taking photos but she motivated me to continue shooting which I really appreciated. I would 10000% recommend her to anyone. You can't go wrong with Erin!

Profile Picture Rochelle, 8/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Erin was a delight to work with! We had a low key City Hall wedding and small lunch afterwards. With the chaos of getting family, friends, and everything else involved in getting married squared away, we really didn't know what we wanted or needed as far as pictures. Thankfully, Erin just handled everything on that end. We just put our trust in her and she captured all of the important moments. There were so many glimpses of our day we missed even being a part of it and she was so creative in getting amazing photos of everything from the dresses and jewelry to the food at our family lunch. After the ceremony she wrangled everyone for beautiful family photos and striking bride and groom photos around the building. Everything came out better than we imagined. She was really great at capturing photos that matched our personality and giving us a dreamy record of our special day.

Profile Picture Tony, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We absolutely loved having Erin as our wedding photographer. From our very first meeting with her, she was so friendly, warm, bubbly, and enthusiastic. We knew we wanted her to be our photographer because of her passion and love for photographing weddings, but also because of her genuine and kind personality. Throughout the whole wedding planning process, Erin was very thoughtful and thorough, always checking in with us and making sure to take care of all our photography wishes. She even made sure to coordinate timing with our wedding coordinator so that we could get beautiful golden hour photos during our wedding. On the actual wedding day, Erin ensured that everything went smoothly from a photography standpoint. She made us feel very comfortable and happy in front of the camera. She was also wonderful during all of our family photos, group shots, and so on. We felt that we could completely trust her to capture all our wedding moments. After getting our wedding photos, we were so happy--the lighting, the framing, the style, the moments she captured--we loved everything about our photos. We highly, highly recommend Erin. We can't imagine a sweeter, better photographer!

Profile Picture Marilyn, 6/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Erin Shimazu was one of the first photographers who’s work my wife and I viewed – and there were many. For almost 3 months straight, we scanned the internet, chasing recommendations and searching for that perfect artist. No matter how many prospects we surveyed, each of us kept coming back to Erin as our favorite. In communicating with Erin prior to our special day, another thing my wife and I agreed on with respect to feedback was Erin’s pleasant disposition. On the surface, one may not find this important since you figure the camera is the primary tool for completing a photography job. Our thought process was a bit different in that we believed the subjects (people, in our case) would be the primary medium and an ability to interact and actually feel these subjects could only enhance the power to capture moments. My wife and I were nervous about many things as our wedding day approached. Erin’s ability to work her magic was not one of them.

May 21, 2017 came, and we were not disappointed. Erin and her crew arrived timely and immediately blended in. With exception to those shots we clearly asked for, Erin and her crew were careful not to make their presence known. When the work was all done and we viewed our 2000+ photos, my wife and I marveled not just at how many pictures were taken, but to our pleasant surprise - how many special moments were snapped without interfering in our special day. Thank you, Erin, for capturing memories that are as beautiful as the day they were made!!
Darius & Karen Gray

Photo for Erin Shimazu Photography Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Darius, 5/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had Erin do our engagement photo shoot, as well as the pictures for our wedding. She was extremely professional and her pictures turned out BEAUTIFUL! About half way through our engagement shoot, it became super windy and Erin offered to reschedule the rest of the shoot for a few weeks later, at no charge! She was a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Elise, 4/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We originally hired Erin for our wedding back in 2015. However, we ended up cancelling the ceremony. At the time, Erin mentioned that she could not refund our deposit but that it could be applied towards future services. Fast forward two years, and we rescheduled a much smaller ceremony. True to her word, Erin honored our previous deposit, and since the new ceremony was going to be much smaller, she even offered to charge us just her standard event rate, which left us with credit even after the wedding. Erin was very easy and comfortable to work with, totally chill and low stress, not like some of the demanding wedding photographers you sometimes come across. She also did not get in the way, and took great shots throughout. We were very pleased with her work and would highly recommend her to others.

Profile Picture Shin, 3/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Erin as our photographer for our pre-wedding events and our wedding day. We were so pleased with Erin :) She is so friendly, helpful and talented! We felt very comfortable with her and Adam as our photographers for our special day. They were both very professional and our family & friends were also quite impressed! We love the photos and will cherish the memories captured! If you are looking for a very nice, talented photographer, don't think twice about hiring Erin! She is simply the best!

Profile Picture Tina, 11/26/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours

Don't think twice, book a meeting with Erin and you'll be satisfied beyond your wildest expectations!

Profile Picture Bob, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot even begin to explain how incredible Erin is, but I'll give it my best shot. From the moment we first met her, we knew that she was perfect not only by her sheer talent but her fun natured personality and professionalism. Everything from the get-go just felt so natural and comfortable. Everyone who has looked at our Engagement photos and or our wedding photos rave about how incredible they are and we have Erin to thank for these perfect forever lasting memories. We loved our Engagement photos so much we even had Erin make an autograph book for us out of them so all of our wedding guests can see them on our special day! On the day of our wedding, Erin was amazing. She made sure we got all the pictures we wanted, with whom we wanted which you would think would be near impossible with soooo much going on with sooo many people. Our wedding album that she made for us was of the upmost quality and she surely turns your imaginations into a reality. She was a ball to work so working with her will be the thing we miss most post wedding. We ❤ you Erin!
Highly recommend her to everyone! You will not be disappointed and she will exceed your expectations in every way!

-Aida & Jason

Profile Picture Aida, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints

Working with Erin was a dream! My husband and I truly enjoyed having her as our engagement and wedding photographer. She was easy to contact, communicate with, and extremely kind and patient. She has a superb eye for the perfect moments and was perfectly in our budget. We were SO happy at how our photos came out. They were beautiful.

Profile Picture Esther, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

I first learned about Erin’s work while searching various websites for photographers in southern California, which is where my wedding was going to take place. I immediately gravitated towards her work as it distinguished itself from that of others in terms of a level of energy, creativity, and quality that clicked with me and husband. When I first contacted her over email, the response I got was much more extended and thoughtful than what I received from over a handful of other photographers. Over the phone, she was personable, sweet, and extremely fun to talk to. These personality traits were evident in person when we first met her to take our engagement photos during a short trip to southern California, since we live in Arizona. The worst part about our visit is that my husband and I arrived an hour late by reaching the wrong destination that our smart phone mapper guided us too. She was very patient and waited for us and never showed any sign of frustration during our photo shoot. The final photos we took that day were gorgeous and we took advantage of a number of areas of a large park that required hiking, getting dirty, and rushing around before the sun eventually set on us. Erin volunteered to meet us at the wedding venue in advance of our wedding and even went another time herself to study the venue to anticipate taking photos at the right angles and times. During the wedding, Erin and her team were very professional, easy to work with, and calmed us down as we took every shot we had discussed in advance in addition to more. The quality of our wedding photos was extremely high and we have only good things to say about Erin. We would not hesitate to call upon her for other future events or to recommend her to others.

Profile Picture Atria, 4/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are so pleased we chose Erin to photograph our special day. We looked at so many portfolios on-line, received quotes from several photographers and narrowed it down to a few to meet with. Even before speaking with Erin, we fell in love with her photos. They were emotive and artistic, but not over-the-top; perfectly aligned with our vision for our celebration. She took time out of her schedule to personally meet with us for a consultation, listened to what memories we were hoping to capture on our special day and came up with some terrific ideas as well. She was reliable, on-time and flexible. She was also very sweet and easy to work with yet extremely confident in her abilities. The resulting photos are fantastic and there are so many! We are thrilled.

Profile Picture monica, 4/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Prints

Erin is very easy to work with! When we met I had a google doc ready of what shots I like and I told her why I like them. She made sure I got the shots I wanted. If there was a conflict of any kind, like timing for certain shots, she told me and then I made a decision from there. I am very happy with the results. Awesome quality photos and she truly pictured precious moments. I especially loved my "First Look" photos. I tear up every time I look at them. She is super professional, fun and easy to work with! I am so glad I left photos to her! I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't wait to print some pictures and hang them up on my wall!!!

Profile Picture Allison, 3/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were looking for a photographer for our wedding reception and saw Erin’s work online… and just fell in love with it! And she has been a joy from beginning to end. Not only is she super nice and professional, she’s a great photographer/artist AND her crowd control skills are awesome, which is very important when dealing with large families! All the photographs turned out so well that we always get envious comments from our friends about how great they look. She is now the go-to photographer for all our family and friends for all kinds of events… be it weddings, baby pictures, engagement, or whatever, she’s so accommodating and flexible! And I dare not trust anyone else to do the job that I know she’s the best at! It’s truly amazing how every time I work with her, I’m more impressed with how much hard work she puts in and how perfectly she captures each and every moment!

Profile Picture Chuck, 3/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Erin for our ceremony and wedding reception on two separate dates. I know she would never say this but I was a difficult client. Not because I’m picky but because I did not know how I wanted to capture my “special day”. Erin sat down with me a couple of times and threw out a lot of ideas. Erin was so patient and took the time to explain everything. My husband and I aren’t really romantic so during the photo session she was able to relax us and make us feel more comfortable which made for some great photos! One thing we did want was to take pictures with each family during the reception. We were concerned that we would look crammed in the photos, because the venue wasn’t all that big, but Erin was able to pull it off and took great shots! I know there are many options for a wedding photographer but I’m truly at awe of Erin and her talent as a photographer!

Profile Picture Theresa, 2/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Erin was amazing to work with. She is such a warm and friendly person and everything was very professional and straight forward. She took pictures for our wedding (it was a simple ceremony), and I couldn’t be happier with the results. She actually went, by herself, to the venue days before the actual event to scope it out and to pick out cool spots both there and around the area. On the day of, she arrived early (a HUGE plus for any vendor!) to where we were getting ready and took a bunch of great, artistic pictures before, during, and after the ceremony. My wife and I aren’t the most creative people when it comes to stuff like this, but Erin had many ideas already planned out and she guided us very well through the whole thing. After the ceremony we went to some of the areas that she picked out nearby... Knowing that I like unique architecture, she got some very memorable pictures of us at this building with these tall columns… it was perfect! She has a great eye and awesome ideas that all come together so well. Every time I see our photo album, it takes me right back to the happiest day of our lives. I’m so glad we had the best possible person to capture all of it! I can’t say enough for Erin’s dedication and her talent. Thanks Erin!

Profile Picture Charlie, 2/19/16, 1 Review