Erin Hession Photography Reviews

Erin Hession Photography 7

Robin Tanner · Married on 05/11/2019

Outstanding!

TL:DR Hire this woman!

Erin and her team are true professionals! I met Erin 10 years ago when she shot my best friend’s wedding. When it was finally my turn to get hitched, I went directly to her as I knew the quality I would get was top notch.
    She really listens to the client’s needs and has great flexibility with any changes. We had a last minute location change and rainy weather. She quickly mobilized everyone in the pics and got it done before we got drenched. My brother in law even remarked he was amazed at how she handled everything.
    Erin is super organized without being pushy. Believe me, that type of skill is invaluable on your wedding day.
    A quick word about cost as photography is a huge chunk of the wedding budget. Erin’s pics and her service exceed her costs. Her skills alone are worth the cost, plus you get a TON of awesome pictures.
    If you made it this far, don’t hesitate to hire Erin!

-Robin

Sent on 05/14/2019

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Awww thanks for the sweet review Robin!!!
  • Tine

Tine · Married on 03/02/2019

Erin is amazing!

Erin, John, and Diana were amazing! I could not imagine having another photographer team for our wedding day. Erin suggested to us to get ready at the Alexander and I LOVE all the shots from the morning. Erin did a great job of getting classic photos with a contemporary mix. They were so organized and knew exactly what photos we wanted. We come from large extended families and they were quick at the church in getting everyone corralled together to get important group photos. We even were running ahead of schedule at a few points throughout the day thanks to her team. Erin communicated with all of our vendors the week of our wedding, which made it so easy for us to know that everyone on our vendor team was taken care of and knew what to do! Our day could not have gone any smoother and it was all thanks to Erin Hession Photography! Erin even sent us some teasers less than 48 hours after and I love every single photo! I can’t wait to see all of our photos from the day! Thank you so much Erin!

Sent on 03/06/2019
    Erin Hession Photography 8
    Erin Hession Photography 9
    Erin Hession Photography 10
    Erin Hession Photography 11
    Erin Hession Photography 12

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

You're welcome!! Thank you so much for the kind words Christine!! We had so much fun with you and David last weekend!! :)

Jamie Herman · Married on 01/19/2019

Fun, Efficient, and Great Team!

Erin and her team were fantastic. Our focus was less on the posed pictures and more on candid shots throughout the reception and they delivered. We knocked out posed pictures before the ceremony and then got to just have fun and get the candid pictures we wanted throughout the cocktail hour and reception. They were there without being overbearing, had great ideas on different places to take fun pictures, and were overall a blast to work with. They managed to keep our group in line, which was no easy feat as we had a ton of personalities, many of which (the groom for one) who are not picture people. They made the whole picture taking experience super comfortable and open and just an overall great time!

Sent on 02/04/2019
    Erin Hession Photography 13

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jamie!! We had so much fun with you & Andrew that day! :) I'm glad you guys had a great time at your wedding and had fun taking photos with us!
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 12/01/2018

Such an Amazing Photographer Team

Oh my gosh Erin and her team are WONDERFUL! She actually went onto my Pinterest board and found pictures that I had under my wedding board and brought them to the venue. Her team is absolutely wonderful! I would hire her again in a heartbeat! We just had our wedding last weekend and I’m so excited to get our pictures back!! She also gives you about 10 pictures that she and her team takes that day and gives them to you at the reception! So you have some pictures to take home with you to share with everyone. They kept us all on schedule which was fantastic and they got us ahead of schedule which was GREAT! She is our photographer forever! If you ever need a photographer, Erin and her team should be your go to!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Awww thanks Leah!! It was great working with you and Adam last weekend!! :) You had such a fun wedding!!
  • Jordan

Jordan Lynam · Married on 10/12/2018

Exceptional value for top quality professional photography - Highly Recommended !

Erin and her team were outstanding! From our initial call with Erin, we knew that we had made the right decision. She's extremely sweet/responsive/detail oriented and helped us choose the right package for us. She worked with us to meticulously craft a wedding day schedule to capture all of the important pictures of the day between the wedding party and our families. The team worked efficiently to execute the schedule on the day of the wedding - They were ON IT!

The value and professionalism we received was beyond our expectations! Erin and her team are a joy to work with and we couldn't be happier with our choice to trust her with capturing our special day. We will happily recommend Erin to all of our friends and family or anyone in need of amazing professional photographs!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Erin Hession Photography 14
    Erin Hession Photography 15
    Erin Hession Photography 16
    Erin Hession Photography 17
    Erin Hession Photography 18

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Awww thanks Jordan!! :) We loved working with you and Amy! :) I'm so glad you were happy with how everything turned out and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review!

Rachel · Married on 10/06/2018

Where do I begin...Erin and her team captured every moment of our day beyond anything we could have ever dreamed of! I loved going home that night with some of her favorite shots! Erin also worked so hard to get photos posted with in 24 and 48 hours! We got to see teasers and then a big array! Erin was worth every penny and I am so thankful she was with us to capture the day! She kept us calm and had a huge kit with her to help with our needs through out the day! I could seriously go on for hours with how AMAZING Erin is! She is by far the best wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 09/28/2018

Amazing photographers!

Erin, John and Dianna are AMAZING! I have known and worked with Erin & John for 10 years. Once Doug proposed I was so excited to reach out to Erin. My email started with "you do not know how long I have waited to send this email!"
    Erin is super detailed and comes up with a day of photography schedule. She also met with in person prior to the wedding to make sure we had proper time for all the photos I was requesting. She provided helpful advice and helped guide me with some of my timeline elements. She also shares her timeline with the other vendors to help make sure everyone is on the same page.
    On wedding day Erin, John and Dianna were there and they were phenomenal! They were positive, upbeat, on time, professional, patient, flexible with last minute changes and so many more things. They helped keep us on schedule and made sure we did not run late for things. She also had back up plans in the event of poor weather but thankfully we did not need them! They also had bottles of water with straws (and with full face wedding makeup having a straw is great!), cooling towels, band aids etc. Anything we needed, they had it! They took so many photos and were like photo ninjas – my parents were super impressed. My parents just kept telling me – wow they are great, wow they are working hard – and I kept saying “I know!” 😊
    Towards the end of the night she took some really cool sparkler photos and also gave us 8 printed photos we could take home/show to family/friends at the reception! This was so awesome!
    The teasers so far have been fabulous, and I know the rest of the photos will be great! I knew I made the right decision from day one and I am so thankful to have had Erin and her team apart of our day. Photos are one thing you can hold onto after the day is over. I know my investment was worth it and I know they captured all the amazing moments that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Erin Hession Photography 25
    Erin Hession Photography 26
    Erin Hession Photography 27

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jackie!! I know you've worked with hundreds of photographers throughout your career so we were so honored and humbled that you chose us for your wedding day! xoxo

Amelia · Married on 08/11/2018

Not just a photographer, but a good friend

Ever since I was a little girl I can remember wanting the perfect wedding. As I grew up that "perfect" wedding seemed to seem unobtainable because of how weddings are priced now and days. As I sat down and budgeted out what money would go towards what vendors I made a decision that I wasn't going to just chose any photographer because I truly believed that you got what you paid for! I didn't want to risk having bad wedding photos especially because your wedding is a day you'll never get back. I wanted someone who would make me feel comfortable and who I could be goofy with and be myself around. I didn't want someone to just look at me and tell me "okay now smile!"
    I looked around at a few local photographers and I did talk to quite a few, but there was something about Erin and her photography that really drew me to her. I loved how she was so colorful with her work and seemed creative. She also struck me as a person who was fearless and wasn't afraid to try new things or new techniques. We first met for coffee and Starbucks and talked business, but I can say I felt such a connection! It was almost like we knew each other before and were great friends! I decided to take a moment to think and literally a day later she told me "I had another bride inquire about your date!" I jumped onboard as quickly as I could and saved my spot on her books! I can say that was the best decision I made throughout my whole wedding planning process!! Erin was always so informative, organized, and so patient, kind and calming when I needed someone to defuse my panic. Erin's communication skills are phenomenal and her eye for beauty and opportunity is remarkable! I truly look up to Erin as a great photographer and as someone who has always questioned whether or not I should take up photography--I have even started my own business journey into photography because of her! She was not only my wedding photographer, but has proved to be the most inspiring and influential person in our lives. Her work is beautiful and her spunkiness is addictive! Brides, if you MUST chose a photographer then you NEED to book with Erin as quickly as you can. For the price and amount of work she puts into your special day as well as the results you receive from it, her and her amazing team really are worth every penny and every memory!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Awww thank you Amelia!! (I'm crying - this is so sweet!) It was our pleasure to capture your special day!! xoxo

Tyler · Married on 06/16/2018

Erin and her team are the very best of the best! My advice is to get a great photographer to capture all of the special moments of the day that goes by way too fast for you. Erin is simply the best and you'll be glad that you chose her for your big day!

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Erin Hession Photography 28

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Aww thanks Tyler! It was great working with you and Agnes (and Zigi!!) last weekend!! :)
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 06/02/2018

We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our wedding! Erin and her team are honestly the best. They worked with all of our requests to make sure that our day was everything we could have imagined. Erin and her team’s knowledge was extremely helpful, too. The day wouldn’t have been the same without her skills (and her help, too). Not only was she a photographer, but she helped with hair, her team helped coordinate everyone, they got a stain out of my dress, and made sure we didn’t know if anything went wrong. Erin and her team should be the top choice for any photography needs!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Aww thanks Maggie!! It was great to work with you and Ryan for your big day! :)

Brenda · Married on 05/26/2018

We cannot say enough good things about Erin and her crew. She was professional, VERY organized, and easy to work with. We really liked the fact that there were 3 people involved taking photographs so they were able to provide a unique visual perspective. In addition, she was exceptionally creative.

Leon and Brenda Freeland

Sent on 08/25/2018

Allison · Married on 05/19/2018

Erin and her whole team were such a pleasure to work with. From the initial contact, I knew we were in good hands. Erin, Diana, and John had everything covered so we didn't have to worry about anything. I absolutely loved working with them, and he quality of photos are unmatched. They are absolutely the most amazing team. And so organized!! I don't think we could have done this without them. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!! You can't go wrong by choosing Erin!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Thanks Allison!! We loved working with you and Troy! :)

Cortney · Married on 05/12/2018

Erin and her team are amazing. I am so happy with the pictures. She is willing to listen and hear what pictures are important to you and recreate them. She is able to rally in everyone for the pictures amongst the chaos of the day. Anything you need, her and her team are ready and prepared. I always knew I wanted to book Erin when I got married and I could not be happier I did.

Sent on 05/19/2018

Awww thanks Cortney!! :)

Nikki · Married on 05/05/2018

If we could give Erin and her team more stars we would. She was BEYOND amazing. Erin was prepared for ANYTHING. She had anything and everything handy if you needed it. Her and her team made sure my husband and I were comfortable and if we needed anything throughout our event. She was more than a photographer on our wedding day. We loved working with her. If you are considering Erin and her team you MUST book them. They're the best! She was easy going, super sweet and a great communicator. She made our day so special. We had photos in our hands before we left the venue and they were beautiful! She really knows how to capture a moment. Absolutely loved working with her. <3

Sent on 05/22/2018
    Erin Hession Photography 29
    Erin Hession Photography 30
    Erin Hession Photography 31
    Erin Hession Photography 32
    Erin Hession Photography 33
    Erin Hession Photography 34

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Awww thanks Nikki!! We loved working with you and Jake! It was such a fun day!

Samantha · Married on 11/25/2017

Wow. If you need a Photographer at your wedding- you need Erin. You would be doing your wedding a disservice not to include her in your special day.
    Starting the process of finding a Photographer can be scary. These are the memories that will be captured for the rest of your life. When I reached out the Erin, she was accommodating, responsive, & interested in my ideas. She knew that we were on different time zones & preferred later calls after working hours. She worked with our schedule to answer emails & set up calls to go over details. Erin responded right away & knew the exact thing to say. What I really loved from the beginning is that she had examples. Ideas can be in your head or from Pinterest, but Erin had her own to show. This really brought ideas to light of what we could work with & especially where. She found our venue & had different examples of events/weddings lined up to show us so we could have a better understanding of truly perfect photos. She listened to our likes & dislikes & constantly kept notes & reminders for herself so we enjoyed every photo experience. No Bride is alike. Instead of cookie-cutter, Erin gave me unique.
    The process throughout the engagement is difficult. There are many times that we couldn't find the time or let stress get the best of us. But with Erin, we were on it. She did not let us drop the ball. She was a photographer & planner rolled into one. She really does have the best plans for the entire wedding day in order to capture the photo every time. Erin even knew if there was going to be traffic or bad weather the day of. She had her times down, schedules ready for anyone getting photographed, & really helped create a detailed plan for every minute of our day. That is what I called comfort. The day of, I couldn't believe how on it she was: actually I could she is the most organized person out there. She exceeded every single expectation I had for my wedding. It was as close to perfect as I could've dreamed. TY Erin:)

Sent on 11/28/2017

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

You're very welcome!! :) We had a great time working with you and Nick!

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

I have worked in the wedding industry in Indianapolis and had the PLEASURE of working with the Hession team as a vendor for multiple years. They have always been my favorite not only because they are truly amazing people, but because I always knew when they were hired by my brides that it was going to be a flawless event having her and her team on my team for the evening. Recently I was finally able to experience this team from the other side. My brother was fortunate enough to have Erin as his wedding photographer in November. I already knew how wonderful they were, however, I was blown away at the level of service, professionalism and how prepared they were with EVERYTHING!! Any thing that came up throughout the day they were there to save the day!! Everyone in the bridal party and both families could not believe how amazing they were and lucky we were to have them with us. I could not recommend this team more!! Not only are you guaranteed to receive unbelievable photos but also an amazing team to help make sure you and your day is flawless…..and a friendship for many years to come!! Thank you again to Erin Hession and your team for helping to make sure it was a day to never forget!!!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Thanks Jen!! It was great to work with you and your family for Chris & Tabitha's wedding! :)

Hannah · Married on 11/03/2017

Erin, John, & Diane were amazing and they know what a hectic day it was for my husband and I and made it all work out to sheer perfection!! :)

They made our day about as perfect as it could be and the fact that we were able to see pictures during our reception that we had taken earlier that day is impressive by ANY standard! So happy to have had them and they truly made our day more special than I had ever imagined! <3

Thank you again Erin, you made every aspect of our day special and we couldn't be more thankful!

Sincerely,
    A Brand New Mother & Wife - Hannah Pope <3

Sent on 11/20/2017

Erin Hession Photography's reply:

Awww! Thanks Hannah! :) You and Corey were great to work with, congrats on your new baby!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2017

There is nothing that could have been any better. Erin and John and Diana are the friendliest, most professional people in the business. I'm 100% convinced. They were prepared for everything. The day went perfectly...because of them. The pictures are better than I ever could have imagined. Absolutely stunning! Side note: I normally hate taking pictures and I hate looking at photos of myself. They made it so fun and have given us so many beautiful memories we will never forget. I can't say enough good things.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Dayna · Married on 09/16/2017

Erin’s team is truly the best of the best!!! Our wedding day was a little warmer than expected, but Erin and her team were both accommodating and flexible throughout the entire day. Erin’s team honestly goes WAY above and beyond for their clients. For example: At the hottest point of the day my curls began to fall. Wanting the perfect hair and the perfect pictures, I began to worry that I wasn’t going to look perfect for the wedding ceremony. Seeing and feeling my concerns, Erin sent her husband to the store to buy a curling iron. At the time, I did not know this was happening. However, when I was later told about this, it truly brought tears to my eyes. Knowing that someone cared about me and my wedding day, just as much as I did, meant the world to me!!! They say the little things matter and I couldn’t agree more!!! During the entire wedding planning process and wedding day, Erin made me and my husband feel like more than just clients but friends. Thank you Erin and team for everything! We could not have asked for anything more!!!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Angela · Married on 08/12/2017

Erin is phenomenal! After meeting with her and seeing her diverse and creative body of work, we rushed to lock in our wedding date with her because we absolutely knew we wanted her to capture our wedding day. With Erin you not only hire an expert photographer but also a super organized wedding planner! For example, as soon as we arrived on location for our engagement photo session, Erin ran through a plan for the various locations where we could take the photos we'd discussed. In that moment, I knew that hiring her was one of the best decisions we'd made for our wedding. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, she went over every detail with me, and she even helped me nail down the timeline for our reception. The week of the wedding, including the wedding day itself, she was the glue that kept everything together and on track. She, John, and Diana kept everything rolling, from coordinating delivery schedules with our other vendors to helping the guys fold their pocket squares to making sure I stayed hydrated to capturing every moment we wanted (plus some we wouldn't have thought of, but she did!). We loved the folio Erin and her team put together before our reception even ended, as well as the teasers she sent less than 2 days after our wedding. Erin is talented, smart, organized, and professional. She, Diana, and John are also genuinely nice and caring people. We cannot recommend Erin highly enough.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2017

Erin is amazing!!! We cannot say enough great things about Erin and her photography team. Our wedding went so smoothly thanks to her. Erin’s organizational skills and positive personality make her the ultimate wedding photographer. She was prepared for everything and kept us on schedule. We had lots of family and kids in our wedding and Erin created a schedule which worked for everyone. She is able to do a variety of styles such as portraits, candids, and artistic shots. The pictures are better than I could have ever imagined. We are so grateful Erin was our photographer and really could not have asked for anyone better. Erin has given us so many beautiful memories which we will always cherish.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Abby · Married on 06/24/2017

Erin and her team exceeded expectations at our wedding day. We knew right after our first meeting that she was the photographer we wanted. Erin is so authentic - her personality is fun, kind and caring. She loved our quirkiness and our meeting really felt like we were just chatting with a friend. During our engagement shoot, Erin made both of us so comfortable. When we get our photos back, we were blown away!! We loved them all and had confirmation again that we had picked the photographer for us. What topped it off, was our wedding day. Erin and her team went above and beyond the whole day. Erin had printed pictures from my pinterest that I liked and made sure to get each of them. She accommodated all of our requests and kept us laughing as we went. My feet hurt so John brought me memory foam slippers. Some salad dressing got on my dress during dinner, and Erin was at my side with a cleaning agent. Again and again, this team put smiles on our faces even when the camera wasn't pointed at us. My favorite moment was getting the folio of pictures at the end of the night!! It was such a wonderful way to end the day. I am counting down the moments until we get to see all of the pictures of the day. Thank you Erin, Diana and John for making our day so memorable and perfect!!

Sent on 07/02/2017

annie · Married on 06/23/2017

Erin Hession Photography team is the best investment you can make in planning your wedding. I met Erin when she photographed a friends wedding, and she highly recommended her. Erin has years of experience and it definitely shows. I felt like I had more than a just a photographer but also a wedding planner in working with Erin. She was so organized and had a full picture timeline that she shared with all of our vendors. Erin and her team are so prepared the day of that no matter what I asked for they seemed to have it. They also did a wonderful job of sensing when we needed a break or were over taking pictures (my husband does not like his picture taken, yet Erin captured one of the best photo's I have ever seen of him) If you are looking for a photographer, Erin and her team should be your number 1 pick!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Nichole · Married on 06/03/2017

The Erin Hession Photography team is the best investment you can make in planning your wedding. I had the pleasure of meeting Erin when planning my sister's wedding three years ago and it was clear from the planning stages all the way until the wedding day that they were amazing! They are in contact with all vendors (they know most of them in the Indianapolis area), they work with your schedule (or help you make a schedule if you don't have one), and they are prepared for anything, and I do mean anything, that can happen on that day. Erin's attention to detail, quick response, and professionalism can make even the most obsessive bride (i.e. me) feel comfortable and calm days before the wedding. They are practically a wedding planning team disguised as photographers. I do not have all of my prints yet, but from my sister's engagement and wedding photos and my own engagement photos I can attest that you get the highest quality product possible. The entire team are talented and skilled photographers and even better you can tell they love what they do. I cannot stress enough how much I recommend Erin Hession Photography for your wedding day!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Emily · Married on 05/20/2017

Wow, Erin was the greatest thing that could have happened in my wedding planning and on the wedding day! Always prompt, great insight and suggestions, and such a kind heart!! And I LOVED that she works with a team. You get pictures from multiple angles, or doing 'getting ready' shots they could split up and get pictures of me and my groom at the same time. She keeps you on schedule the day of and makes sure she gets everything photographed that you want. She even checked my Pinterest board to see what specific shots I wanted!! This is the best vendor in the whole world and I am SO glad I worked with her. You will not regret it!!! Thanks so much Erin!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2017