Erin Covey Creative Reviews

1 User photo

Erin Covey Creative 1
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/07/2018

I have been following Erin and her work since the day I met her about eight years ago. When you choose a photographer, don’t just choose someone because you like their work- choose someone that you feel comfortable with, that makes you laugh, and that is willing to go the extra mile. Erin, who is currently based out of upstate New York, first met my husband and I at a coffee shop in New Haven, CT. For our engagement shoot, her and her partner, Peter, trekked to Arlington VT. A few months later, wanting to get in some winter shots, and see where the wedding would be held, they came to my family home in Torrington, CT.

On the day of my wedding, Erin got to work at 8 AM and met me at the salon, and kept working after the guests left at 10:30 PM so we could get one last night shot. My guests remarked that Erin blended in with the crowd, seemingly being no where but EVERYWHERE at the same time. She valued my opinion in what I wanted for shots, but also demonstrated expertise and professionalism, guiding my husband and I, as well as our party and family through amazing shots.

Erin is prompt in picture turn-around time (the two week range!!) and even got us a few teaser shots within 24 hours. She is quick to respond to phone calls, text messages, and emails, whether it has to do with a photography-related issue or wedding related angst. We could not be more thrilled with our photos, and with Erin Covey Creative as our photographer choice.

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Erin Covey Creative 2
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2018

Hands down- THE BEST!!

Erin was our photographer for our wedding in early September and if wedding wire would let me give 10 stars out of 5 I would!! She was an absolute dream from start to finish with our wedding journey. She was extremely professional and captured the entirety of our special day. She was extremely flexible and responsive to my millions of questions! We received so many compliments for our photos already--- Erin is an extremely gifted photographer who is able to take the best AUTHENTIC and REAL photos while at the same time being like a fly on the wall! We were so thrilled with Erin and Peter! We can't thank them enough for everything!!!!!

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Andrea

Andrea Imhof · Married on 08/04/2018

Erin is hands down the BEST in the field!

Erin is the absolute BEST in the field -- words can't describe how thankful we are to have found such an incredible photographer for our wedding. She brings so much passion and energy to her work, working tirelessly to make sure every moment of our wedding weekend was captured in her beautiful photographic style.

Erin & Peter know no limits in their determination to get the perfect shot: they joined us for a trail run, waded upstream to capture a wedding tubing adventure, and managed to turn an unexpected downpour into some of the most artistic and gorgeous wedding photos I've ever seen. They even came up to Vermont a day early to hike the local trails, scoping out the best backdrops for a mountaintop wedding shoot. She captured all of the love, laughter, and tears from our wedding weekend through an incredible series of candids that embody her "perfectly unposed" style.

Erin has been an absolute joy to work with from start to finish, and we can't recommend her (and Peter!) highly enough.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Gina · Married on 07/01/2018

Oh gosh! Are their enough words to describe how amazing this lady is? Erin is probably one of the most genuine, real, and sweetest person there is. And hands down one of the best decisions my husband and I made leading up to our wedding day.

My husband and I got married on June 30, 2018, but booked Erin the year before. She did our engagement pictures shortly after we chose her for our wedding, and that was it! We just loved her from the moment we met her.

Erin is all about catching you in the raw, natural moments... and she did just that! She made us feel comfortable and just let us be us. In the months of planning leading up to the wedding day, I had several crazy bride questions, and Erin happily took them all. She had recommendations for me when I needed to be pointed in the right direction, like my makeup artist who I ended up loving, and was there for everything we needed her for. She simply went above and beyond her "duty" as a wedding photographer.

The day of the wedding Erin was there for it ALL! I'm not kidding, from moments before the day began, to the very last dance, Erin was there. She was on the floor, standing on chairs, and wherever she needed to be to catch that moment. Most photographers charge you by the hour, but Erin is there all-day-long. Some of my favorite pictures were taken from opposite times in the day, which I don't think I could have gotten without her being there that whole time. After looking at my photographs, I was so taken back by what she captured. It was genuine all the way through, and that's exactly what we wanted. People cannot get over how beautiful my photographs were and that is because of Erin. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to be with us on the best day of our lives. Do yourselves a favor: look at Erin's work, and then call her! You'll get the best photographs you could have imagine and a great friend! We love you, Erin! :)

XO

Sent on 07/20/2018

Heather · Married on 05/26/2018

Somehow I stumbled upon a photograph of Erin’s on a social media site and then googled her.The best part about her website is that she makes everything transparent and up front; I can’t tell you how much I loved this about her right away!While freakishly going to her website every day for weeks I drooled over so many beautiful photos that she had posted on her blog along with tears of absolute joy reading her heartfelt words about each couple.I knew that I wanted to meet with Erin, and once I emailed her she was very responsive and got right back to me.She was super accommodating and traveled to Syracuse to meet us before work.I instantly got a warm vibe from her and felt super comfortable.Erin and Peter, who we later hired as a second shooter, met us at my husband’s family farm for the engagement shoot.They captured the most beautiful pictures during a sunset shoot of the two of us and our fur baby Stella.Fast forward to our wedding day on May 26, 2018 when we had the dream team, Erin and Peter capturing one of the most important days of our life.Our guests and other vendors had so many wonderful things to say about Erin and Peter, and how easy they were to work with.They photographed so many beautiful, intimate moments and we will be forever grateful to them both.It is amazing to look back at our wedding day as it unfolds and just re-live the entire day photo by photo.We were overjoyed when Erin was already posting pictures of our wedding on social media just a couple days later and less than 2 weeks after the wedding she sent us the link to access 2,600+ edited, colored, and black and white photos from our wedding.Now that’s amazing, I swear she’s superwoman!Not only is Erin the best at what she does and produces gorgeous photos, she is genuine, caring, accommodating, professional, timely, and passionate about her work! I could go on for days about how awesome Erin is but just know you won’t be disappointed with her as your photographer! Sincerely, Her #1 Fan

Sent on 07/24/2018
  • Katie

Katie Eddy · Married on 02/10/2018

Erin Covey Creative is the best!📷📸

I can not say enough great things about Erin! She captured every moment of our engagement session last summer.... our wedding in February... our maternity pictures just a couple months ago! I love how she is able to capture such raw moments with candid pictures and how she’s able to loosen anyone up when capturing the moments. She cares about her clients and I highly recommend anyone that’s getting married to contact her and book her right away! Thank you Erin from the bottom of our hearts for these pictures that we will cherish forever!
    - Katie & Kris Eddy

Sent on 12/10/2018

Alyssa · Married on 10/22/2017

Erin was literally the most amazing person and most talented photographer ever! She was so easy to work with, she stayed all day at the wedding, she worked incredibly hard and delivered our pictures less than 2 weeks after the wedding. Best decision of all our vendors!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Abigail · Married on 09/16/2017

Erin is the most talented, kind, accommodating, supportive, generous, fun, and professional photographer - and person! We couldn't have asked for more. We had met with a couple photographers however didn't feel the "click" we felt was necessary - seeing as we are both a little awkward in front of the camera, ha-ha. We felt it was important not to settle unless we felt it was "right". So we kept looking... We were actually referred to Erin by our incredible videographer, Josh, from Bear in Motion. They work together a lot and he couldn't have said more amazing things about her. We reached out to her and scheduled a call a couple days later. We knew, from our 10-15 minute phone conversation, that she was the one. And after our engagement photo shoot - in which she traveled all the way from Saratoga, NY to Westport, CT - we knew we had found the best of the best. We even used one of her INCREDIBLE photos as our Save the Date. Erin's photographs are stunning - every single one. As I mentioned, I have trouble looking "natural" in photos however Erin made us feel so comfortable and like we were superstars! We can't praise her enough. Everyone that we show our photos to is blown away. Oooh and not to mention, we got all of them a week after the wedding!!! Erin was a pleasure to work with from start to finish and would recommend her to anyone!!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Paige · Married on 06/24/2017

There are not enough words to describe how much my Husband and I love Erin and her awesome photography skills! Not only is she a fabulous person, but she is an amazing photographer who helps couples capture their day perfectly. We first saw a glimpse of Erin's work when she shot the wedding for our very close friends in October 2015. We would always check out Erin's blogs because we loved her work so much, so when we became engaged, she was our first choice. Luckily for us she was available on our day and first we were able to take the most beautiful engagement photos at Green Lakes Park. Throughout the year Erin was always available for the many questions we had and always answered them with the most enthusiasm, which made us love her more! When the day came, Erin was at my parents house bright and early and got straight to work. We had Peter as our second shooter and he was able to capture some beautiful photos of the guys getting ready and some unique shots at our ceremony! Throughout the entire day Erin and Peter were a joy to all of our family and friends. Our wedding party and family couldn't stop saying how professional and easy they were to work with. Our timeline went very smoothly and we were able to get all the photos we wanted throughout the day. Erin does an amazing job at editing and sending the photos in such a quick turnaround time. Erin sent us almost 1,500 photos (over 2,700 with black and white included) which made us so happy. She literally captured every detail and moment of our day so we will be able to constantly re-live it. The photos we received are simply amazing and we are forever grateful that we found Erin. Hiring Erin was one of the best decisions we have ever made and we will definitely hire her for our future family photos along with always recommending her to anyone! Thank you so much for everything Erin!!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Michael · Married on 05/26/2017

Erin is one of the most kind and talented people we met throughout our wedding planning process. She was so accommodating and flexible, while producing some of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen. She took our engagement photos in Central Park in NYC for us and then came up to Utica, NY for the wedding. She has a real passion for photography and was so dedicated to capturing those little moments throughout the day. She showed up at 9am the morning of the wedding and left when my husband and I got on the bus to leave the reception. She and her partner were some of the last people there! She made being photographed feel so easy and not stressful. She encouraged us to have fun with it - and we did! Those photos she took bring tears to my eyes. I cannot say enough good things about her. Her prices were EXTREMELY reasonable for the quality of the final products and the time she puts in. We will be using her for family portraits in the future for sure! We highly recommend Erin for any photography needs.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Nick · Married on 04/28/2017

Our experience with Erin was nothing short of incredible! We worked with her for both our engagement and wedding photographs, and we can't recommend her highly enough! First and foremost, her photographs are absolutely stunning. We were thrilled with the images she produced both for our engagement shoot in Central Park and our wedding in Sonoma wine country. Beyond the photos, Erin is a dream to work with. She is easygoing and creative, and we felt relaxed and comfortable during our shoots. Erin is also a great communicator, and we were amazed at how quickly she got our final images back to us. Working with Erin (and her second shooter Peter) was easily the best decision we made in terms of vendors...we can't say enough good things about her!

Sent on 07/01/2017

Nick · Married on 04/28/2017

Sent on 07/01/2017

Marcea · Married on 01/31/2017

My wedding was perfect, and because of Erin Covey I can live this day over and over with her perfect pictures. Erin Covey it the very best photographer, she has become part of the family. Erin is the 1st person I called when I need a photographer to take pictures of my newborn and any family picture we will need . Erin new instinctively what shots to take. I was amazed when I received my pictures ( within a week after my wedding) just how beautiful they are.
    Erin Covey is the only person I trust to take any pictures of important moments and events.
    She saved my wedding perfectly!

Jennifer · Married on 01/14/2017

Erin is amazing and her photographs of our wedding and engagement were fantastic! We could not be happier with her and will definitely work with her again in the future! She took thousands of photos for us and shared them all. We wanted a documentary style feel to our wedding photos that help us feel like we are reliving the day when we look at them and that is exactly what she provided. She is extremely talented, accommodating and easy to work with. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/26/2017

Dennis · Married on 11/26/2016

Erin is a gem and we couldn't be happier with how our wedding was captured! We are grateful for the referral to Erin and will shout her name from the rooftops to anyone looking for photography for a special occasion! From the initial e-mail/phone call we felt confident and comfortable in Erin's care. Erin and Peter met us first for engagement photos in usptate NY, and were so accommodating and fun. These photos were incredible and we knew the wedding images would be just as special. Due to a family medical emergency we made the difficult decision to postpone our wedding. Erin was beyond understanding and willing to work with us to reschedule on short notice. Words can't do justice to how special and talented Erin is. Rest assured that working with Erin for your wedding or special event is the best investment you can make. You'll be in the best possible hands and won't stop smiling during your event and when viewing your photos! Baby photos are next :)

Sent on 03/12/2017

Caitlin · Married on 10/22/2016

I am not even sure there enough words to describe how amazing Erin and her partner Peter are! My husband and I were married October 22, 2016 in New Hampshire. Erin was simply amazing. From the moment I sent her the first email to the moment she said goodbye post sparkler exit, Erin made us feel loved and wonderful and perfect. Our engagement session was carefree and she followed us around on an adventure and spent more time with us than expected and we had some of the most beautiful photos taken of us. Our wedding day was nothing short of that either. It rained and at some points, REALLY rained! Erin was laying on the ground in the rain and stopped at nothing to make our day nothing short of perfect! Our sneak peeks of our photos make us wanting more and we cannot wait to see what the rest of the pictures look like. She does amazing work. Thank you Erin from the bottom of our hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Ashleigh · Married on 10/14/2016

Erin was simply fabulous from the start. She is very professional, responsive, and truly goes out of her way to make your wedding day as stress free as possible (from photography stand point). She was there beginning to end which other photographers won't do. She couldn't be nicer but don't be fooled she will do what she needs to do to get you the beautiful pictures you're hiring her for! I had electronic photos in hand within a few weeks. I am a picky person and would without a doubt recommend Erin Covey!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Chris · Married on 09/24/2016

Erin consistently ensured that we were never stressed when it came to the Photography Ring of the Wedding Circus. Initial interactions via email were professional and easing. FaceTiming to discuss our ideas (we live 2 states away from our venue) was a great way to meet as well. She, along with her second shooter, drove from upstate NY to central NJ to do our Engagement Shoot! Her extremely delightful and engaging personality made feeling comfortable in front of the camera a breeze, and the final product was so much more beautiful than we ever would have imagined. On the Big Day, her presence was only ever known when we needed her, otherwise blending flawlessly into the celebration. She is always open to your ideas, but I recommend going along with hers. She is a true professional, while still being able to feel more like a friend helping you through the process. I highly recommend reaching out to her, she will paint a picture of your wedding with her camera that you will not believe.

TL/DR: 6 out of 5 Stars, will get shot again.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Marielle · Married on 08/20/2016

I agree with all of the brides who have posted before me....no words can describe how just absolutely AWESOME Erin is! Just look at each and every FIVE STARS that she has received and that I have given her! In every single aspect she is amazing! Quality of service, responsiveness, professionalism, value, flexibility! I don't know how she does it, but she does it with style, beauty, and grace. Her work is absolutely breathtaking and she's just so easy and fun to work with. I just recently got married in August and I'm very sad that our working relationship is over. But lucky for me I follow her on Facebook and Instagram and I still have her e-mail address, so I can still stalk her incredible work! I could honestly go on forever in this review with just raving about every little thing, but honestly look no further for a wedding photographer! Your perfect one is right here! She captures EVERY single detail and emotion and sometimes I wondered how she did it because I never even remember seeing her during those moments. My heart is so full writing this review. She is a wonderful woman inside and out and I feel like I've made a new lifelong friend. She is beyond wonderful! Thank you Erin for all your hard work and for making me feel like a beautiful bride!

megan · Married on 08/06/2016

I remember sitting on my couch googling different photographers for my wedding. While surfing different photographers I was thinking way to expensive, way to cheap, not good quality, etc. Then I stumbled upon Erin's website by a photo of hers I found on google images. I remember going to her website every day for almost 2 weeks and every time just in awe at her photo's. Finally my future husband said "Lets meet her" and so we did. She is lovely! She came to us. She showed us everything, went over everything, discussed everything...even things I didn't know needed to be done. We even chatted and were able to create a personal relationship. I knew I wasn't just another wedding to her. She is a blessing! She did our engagement shoot which was included in the package...we didn't even plan on doing one. She was always on time. While taking photo's at the engagement and at our wedding she was so relaxed. I always felt at ease around her. She has a great timeline that is flexible. She is like a fly on the wall with that camera. She is confident in telling people where to go or what to do to get the shots that bride and groom want...but she is very cordial about it. Her second photographer is also a blessing. He is very relaxed and professional. He seems to know exactly what Erin wants done at the exact second with her barely directing him. Some of our favorite shots are from his perspective as well as hers. Erin truly is remarkable and I am not just saying this. I did not cry at all during my wedding except for an e-mail that Erin had sent me. The pictures come back to you in 2 weeks time and they are immaculate. They are breath taking. We were also surprised to receive a package from her a few weeks ago...she had sent us a black and white framed photo and a lovely card. She has an amazing heart and such a kind soul. You'd be crazy to not hire her.

Sent on 12/30/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/29/2016

Erin does an amazing job capturing the emotions and story of your wedding day. I have looked at my photos several times a week since we've gotten them! She is extremely knowledgable and responsive, not to mention has incredible turn around rates for weddings. You will get your photos quickly! On the wedding day, she makes you feel confident in front of the camera and makes sure you get all the shots you want. Even more, she is truly an artist and is amazing at bridal portraits. We could not have asked for more in a wedding photographer. She's also a wonderful and kind person!

Sent on 08/29/2016

A · Married on 07/16/2016

My now husband and I have been absolutely blown away with Erin. From our very first communication with her, when we were referred by another local photographer to her when he was booked for our wedding weekend, she has responded almost immediately, with warmth and grace. She is a true joy to work with, making both us of feel comfortable in front of the camera (she has my husband convinced he should be a model), and always overflowing with positivity and a sense of relaxation. For a very reasonable base price, she included an engagement shoot, a boudoir shoot for a wedding day gift, and all rights to our photos. We did not have to worry at all on our wedding day that she was going to miss something important or not take a photo we wanted. We had all the faith in the world in her, and boy has she delivered, every step of the way. Our photos have been absolutely stunning and reflections of us as a couple.
    She has a photojournalistic style, and stays out of the way throughout the day, blending into the background to capture authentic moments, but will happily fulfill any requests you have. She was totally professional throughout, never asking for anything.
    We had some really amazing vendors for our wedding, but Erin was above and beyond the best. You will NOT regret booking her, and you will be proud to share her name with everyone you know. This woman is truly amazing.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/18/2016

Selecting Erin Covey as our wedding photographer was an absolute no brainer for me. I was lucky enough to be in two weddings prior to my own where Erin was the photographer. On top of being organized, professional and easily the kindest vendor we worked with the photos are incredible. I thought my wedding day seemed pretty enough on the day itself. I felt like one of those brides in Martha Stewart Magazine though when I got Erin's photos back. Every shot was just perfect and beautiful.

Erin is an amazing soul. So generous with her time. Always answering your emails. She answered all of my crazy questions and even assured me they weren't that crazy (who doesn't love hearing that?). My groom and I were so nervous about doing an engagement photo and in five minutes Erin had us laughing and channeling our inner supermodel. Do the engagement photos because it really helps you know what to expect wedding day.

The speed in which we got our photos was unbelievable. I know people who are waiting 12-16 weeks to get photos back from their wedding. I want to say it was two weeks and bam we had them. That is pretty much unheard of. I just can't say enough nice things about Erin and her work. If you hire her you can breathe easy because you are in good hands.

Mary · Married on 05/29/2016

Let me just start by saying, I was having terrible anxiety about getting my picture taken. I had gotten sick before the wedding, gained lots of weight and dreaded the idea of photos to document it all. However, on the day of my wedding, I didn't have a care in the world. I credit a lot of that to Erin. She is wonderful. She made me feel at ease, she knew the right angles to make me look my best and she constantly reminded me that I looked fantastic. I felt so comfortable and at ease with her. Not only was she amazing on our wedding day, but she was amazing from the very first moment I spoke to her, our first meeting, random run-ins, and after our wedding! She has sent us sweet surprises and does extra things to show appreciation for her clients. She is the absolute best.

As for the photos? WOW. I have never gotten so many compliments on anything! Her photos are PERFECTION.

She is a true professional with a beautiful heart. Will only use her for as long as she will put up with us!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Erin was a joy to work with and her photographs are stunning. We are so happy to have had her photograph our wedding. I'd recommend her to anyone who is looking for photographer that can capture images that tell stories and preserve the tiny intimate moments of a day that flies by faster than you can imagine.

Erin was always quick to respond by email, and the engagement session we did with her helped us get comfortable with the process and provided amazing pictures for use on our save the dates and in our photo-guestbook! On the day of the wedding she was professional, warm, and accommodating. She was unobtrusive, and yet somehow everywhere! She was also wonderful at herding reluctant relatives into place during the family portraits and magically keeping us on schedule.

Our photos were ready for us to view just two weeks after our wedding. That's incredible, and nearly unheard of for wedding photographers.

I recommend her, absolutely, and without reservation.

Sent on 10/12/2015