Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist Reviews

Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 6
Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 7

Melissa Branco · Married on 12/15/2018

Best MUA You Can Find!

Working with Erica was a dream! First off, she is extremely responsive and was able to answer all of my questions without hesitation. Secondly, she is a true professional! Having my makeup done by Erica surpassed every other experience I've had with a makeup artist. She advised me on what products to use leading up to the wedding to obtain the optimal "canvas". She also provided suggestions for different looks and lip colors to help create my look for the big day. Erica provided a unique, personalized experience which I am truly thankful for. I am SO happy that she was with me on my special day!

• Thalia

Thalia Farietta · Married on 11/16/2018

Erica is amazing!

I had the hardest time trying to visualize what concept I wanted for my wedding look. As someone that generally goes for a more "natural" look day-to-day, I still wanted to look like myself on my wedding day. Enter Erica who not only is extremely professional but also just a great human. She helped me on my six month quest to find the perfect lip product and it didn't budge on my wedding day! I loved my wedding makeup so much that I wish I could get it done all of the time. She worked with a variety of complexions and ages showing true versatility as an artist. She is awesome but as an artist but as a person - definitely book her!!

• Stephanie

Stephanie Anne Silva · Married on 10/28/2018

Makeup Queen!

Erica is a makeup queen! As someone who loves makeup I wanted to hire an artist with a passion for what they do, and with Erica you can tell she really loves what she does. My makeup held up all night, even with dancing up a storm my rosacea never peaked through the foundation she used. Leading up to the big day she gave me many recommendations on how to help my skin look it’s best, and my skin is still thanking her! She did an amazing job not only on myself, but also with my mom’s, and maid of honor’s looks as well. My mom was apprehensive having her makeup done as she has sensitive skin, but Erica helped with her concerns by telling us where my mom could get samples of the foundation she would be using so she could see how she would react to it ahead of time. My mom had such a great experience she has been raving about Erica since. Erica is a true professional, as well as a real sweetheart, my beautiful makeup will be remembered through photos, but I will never forget her calming presence on what could have been a stressful morning.

• Stephanie

Stephanie Gort · Married on 10/27/2018

Best choice I made for my wedding!

Erica was the first wedding vendor I contacted when I found out my date- and it was one of the best choices I made throughout the vendor selection process. I knew I had to have Erica for my big day after she did my sister’s wedding makeup a couple of years ago. It was the first time I can say that each and every bridesmaid looked amazing- like the best version of themselves. She makes everyone that she is working on feel special and truly cares about the work she is doing. She was also super helpful along the way with skin care tips and product recommendations. You can tell she really loves what she is doing and is so knowledgeable about her industry. She is such a talented professional and she ensured smoothly- even though I was a bundle of nerves! She even gave me a little "touch up" bag to make me feel my best all night! It was awesome getting to know her and I can’t wait to have more events so that I can use Erica to beautify me!

Maura Eagan · Married on 10/06/2018

Book Erica IMMEDIATELY for your wedding day!!!!

Erica is AMAZING!!!! From the first time I spoke with Erica I knew I had to work with her. Erica focused on exactly what I wanted and how I wanted to look. During our first discussion Erica spoke about making sure that I felt most beautiful happy self inside and out on my wedding day and that's exactly what she did! She walked me through all of the products she was using and tailored the makeup based on my skin complexion, the vibe of my wedding, flowers, dress, hair and wedding color palette.
    I received so many compliments on my makeup and so did my bridesmaids, mom and mother-in-law! Everyone had an amazing experience with her. Each person in my party loved how they looked. The makeup stayed on all night, even with my many happy tears from the day.
    Erica is who you want on your wedding day. She kept me calm and centered and I felt beautiful inside and out!!

Kate · Married on 09/22/2018

Let me start out by saying I never wear makeup! I still wanted to look like a special version of myself on my wedding day and I was nervous about it. I googed something like "natural wedding makeup Conneticuit" and somehow found Erica. I browsed her instagram and something just felt so right about her. I'm so glad I went with my gut because the wedding makeup and entire experience for my bridesmaids and I was perfection. I loved the way everything turned out. She works with you and makes sure you are comfortable with everything she does. Her extra treatments (hand massage, jade roller) helped calm my crazy nerves. It also doesn't hurt that she is a professional, calm, funny and fantastic person to be around! You will have no regrets hiring Erica!

Jehanne · Married on 09/08/2018

Erica is amazing. Like many of the brides on here, I wanted to look like myself, but better, on my wedding day. Erica really listened to me (which is surprisingly rare in my limited experience w/ makeup artists) and created a look that made me feel so comfortable and so much like myself. My bridesmaids – who usually don’t wear makeup – were also so happy with how they looked (and none of them washed it off asap, which is a first). Beyond making me look pretty, Erica made me feel so calm, confident and relaxed – her positive vibes are infectious! I’m so happy to support a kickass-female-run business and I can’t recommend Erica and her team more highly. Thank you, Erica!!!

Lauren · Married on 09/01/2018

If I had to describe Erica in one word it would be PERFECTION! She completely blew me away with her industry knowledge and skill. As a person who does not regularly wear makeup, I dreaded the thought of feeling uncomfortable in my skin and not looking like myself on my wedding day. Erica addressed all my concerns and completely blew me away with her ability to transform my everyday look into a better version of MYSELF. I could not recommend anyone more highly, as she truly is the best in the business. THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME FEEL LIKE A QUEEN/FAIRY/GODDESS ON MY WEDDING DAY!!!

Suzanne · Married on 08/24/2018

For my wedding, I wanted a makeup artist that could make me look and feel my best. My goal was to find someone that would make me look in the mirror and feel beautiful while still recognizing the face staring back at me. Erica manages this technique perfectly and did so for every single person in my wedding party. She truly is an artist but perhaps even more significantly, she is knowledgeable, supportive, patient and methodical. The result is a calming, warm personality that instantly puts everyone around her at ease -- critical on a wedding morning when there's a lot of people and nerves running wild!. I knew the second we spoke on the phone that she was a true gem and that I'd love working with her. We went through all the same questions and details I'd asked of other makeup artists, but with Erica you can tell she has an intentional, specific approach to everything from her contract to trials to day-of timeline based on years of experience and a focus on doing what is best for her clients. Every member of your bridal party gets a customized experience, based on what their beauty needs are and their comfort level with makeup. At my trial she recommenced a skin care routine and some products that I now cannot live without. The last two weeks before a wedding are so hectic and in that run up she checked in unprompted to see if I had questions, verify headcount and logistical details (she is meticulously organized) and issue friendly text-message reminders to stay hydrated. In short, with Erica you get so much more than a makeup artist. You'll have a talented beauty mentor that will make sure you and your nearest and dearest look and feel great, inside and out, and get you to your wedding day and down the aisle while minimizing your stress.

Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 8
    Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 9

Adina Jick · Married on 08/04/2018

Would recommend, over and over again.

Hiring Erica was one of the easiest decisions to make during the wedding planning process. I connected with Erica immediately. She is kind, caring, and very available to her clients. Erica made my entire bridal party feel comfortable. She checks in throughout every stage of the makeup process - making sure that her client's are happy with how they look. Erica is focused on making each individual feel their best and look their best, from the inside out. Erica's ability to listen to what client's are and are not comfortable with is key for wedding makeup. Lastly, Erica's energy was so, so calming during the day. She really is the best. I would recommend Erica to anyone, anywhere. I wish Erica could do my makeup everyday.

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 07/28/2018

Everything about Erica exceeded my expectations and I could not be happier with my bridal make-up! From the moment we set up the contract, through the trial and my wedding day, she was extremely knowledgeable and involved. She listened to evert question and concern that I had, made recommendations and designed a classy and flattering look that was better than I could have imagined and fit my personal style perfectly. She stayed in contact prior to the wedding and made recommendations on products and routines to make sure that my skin looked its best. She is so talented and not only was I happy with my look but my entire bridal party, mother, and mother of the groom were all extremely happy and looked beautiful!

Amanda · Married on 06/23/2018

From our first meeting, I knew right away that Erica was a professional and would help guide me through the wedding beauty process. Her personality and talent immediately put me at ease. At our trial (a few months before my wedding), Erica totally understood where I was coming from and provided such valuable feedback. Erica carefully listened to all of my asks and provided great feedback as we talked through some inspiration photos for achieving my beauty look. I truly felt that while she guided me during the whole process, she was super receptive to my feedback and we worked together to create the best makeup look for me. Regarding her execution at the trial, Erica was absolutely amazing. She delivered on everything that I had wanted and more. I was so happy (and relieved!) coming out of my trial to have found someone as talented as her, and still wonderful to work with.

Regarding the day of my wedding, Erica was an absolute dream to work with. I truly felt so beautiful and couldn't have been any happier with how my makeup turned out (and lasted through the night!). And even with the nerves of the morning while getting ready, Erica made me feel calm and confident. I was also so impressed with how my bridal party’s makeup turned out, especially on my mother and mother-in-law. I’ve never seen my mom look so beautiful (and so happy). No matter the age, Erica knows how to best highlight your features, allowing you to show off the best version of yourself. I was so lucky to be surrounded by such a beautiful and wonderful group of women that day, Erica included.

Erica is professional, talented, responsive, patient and extremely supportive. She was so lovely to work with through the entire wedding beauty process and exceeded my expectations. I am so appreciative of all her work that went into shaping my perfect day and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a best-in-class makeup artist.

Sent on 07/16/2018
    Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 10
    Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 11

Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist's reply:

Wow, Amanda--what kind words! I am so appreciative of you taking the time to write such an amazing review! Truly, you were my dream bride and I am so lucky to have clients like you. Every bit of my end of the process with you was a walk in the park! I wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness--he is one lucky guy!

Erin · Married on 04/21/2018

Erica is my favorite wedding vendor! When researching makeup services, I had two goals: (1) to find someone who could make me look like the best, natural-but-glamorous version of myself and (2) to make sure that my bridesmaids would have a good experience. Erica exceeded my expectations and provided so much more! When I first called Erica, I had already interviewed three other bridal makeup services, all of which were hair & makeup teams. I was instantly impressed with Erica's depth of knowledge; she clearly articulated her process as well as the pros and cons of different makeup products. For example, she explained how she would customize her foundation recommendation based on the individual client's skin, age, and other features in a much more detailed and nuanced fashion than I was able to find in a google search, or through my calls to other vendors. Although the idea of hiring separate hair and makeup professionals seemed a bit daunting at first, I quickly realized that Erica’s level of expertise, care, and attention to detail was something I wouldn’t find with a packaged hair and makeup “glam squad” -- especially considering that Erica would take the time to personalize her approach for each of my bridesmaids as well. This turned out to be particularly important -- two of my bridesmaids were very apprehensive about letting someone else do their makeup, fearing bad results or acne breakouts. Erica was incredible with them! She calmly and clearly walked each bridesmaid through what she was doing and the products she was using; she started by asking about any skin sensitivities, how they normally wear their makeup, and involved them in the decision making process so that they knew they were in control. The results were amazing! My girls looked gorgeous (and so, so happy). Altogether, I couldn't have been happier with Erica's services. I learned so much from being her client - I still rely on her lipstick recommendations!

Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 12

L · Married on 03/09/2018

I first booked my hair stylist for my wedding and I had asked her for recommendations for a makeup artist. She said 100%, without a doubt, Erica Martell. I could tell from our first conversation that she was going to make me feel so comfortable and so beautiful on my wedding day! She was always available to answer any questions I had, and I was blown away by her talent on the day of my trial! She made sure that I loved the look on the day of my wedding and it was absolute PERFECTION! My bridesmaids even said it was the best wedding makeup they have ever had. Thank you Erica for making me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day!!! If you are looking for a talented, professional, and overall amazing makeup artist for your special day, choose Erica Martell!!

Meghan · Married on 12/08/2017

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Erica on my wedding day! She is the definition of a talented professional and an overall kind and calming presence to have around on the day of your wedding. Erica showed up on time and fully prepared. She was both patient and thorough with my bridesmaids and me. My bridal party included those who wear little to no makeup and those who aren’t afraid to get dolled up. She was able to achieve the looks each of us were going for that day. Everyone looked stunning! I could tell Erica truly cared and wanted me to be happy with the outcome. Mission accomplished! I felt beautiful; I loved my makeup and it held up nicely. If you’re looking for a super talented makeup artist for your special day, Erica is your girl! I would definitely recommend her to any bride/bridal party and hope we have the opportunity to work together again in the future.

Christine · Married on 09/09/2017

I could not have asked for a kinder more genuine individual to work with and do my
    Makeup on my wedding day. Erica makes everything effortless! She is funny and sweet and just fits right in! Her work is phenomenal! She enhances all of your best features, listens, and just brings out everyone's inner "glow"! Her makeup is romantic, developing gorgeous eyes and for me a fabulous lip!! I want her to do my makeup for every single event in my life! Cheers to Erica! You cannot go wrong choosing her to make your wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 13
    Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 14
    Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 15
    Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 16

Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist's reply:

Christine, I adore you beyond words!! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this beautiful review! Every part of your wedding day and everything leading up to it was a pure dream for me. Thank you again for including me in your special day. I will be drooling over your photos for many moons!!!

Aubrey · Married on 08/05/2017

I cannot express how happy I was with Erica's services on my wedding day! Erica's flawless work, along with her professionalism, and laid back yet positive attitude helped to make my day perfect. I was an out of town bride and Erica always made herself available to me through email or phone. She even did my makeup trial the Thursday before my wedding since I was an out of town bride. Needless to see I was comfortable and I absolutely LOVED my day-of look on Saturday. And of course I have to mention how beautiful all of my bridesmaids, mom, and mother in law looked! If you want to look amazing and feel pampered on your wedding day, Erica is the perfect makeup artist!

• User7222288 · 1+ year ago

Erica puts the 'artist' in 'makeup artist'. She is thoughtful and takes her time, and the whole process of getting your makeup done by her is so relaxing. She has a way of making everyone look AMAZING but also just like themselves at the same time. She enhances your features so you feel and look like yourself, but prettier! Erica did the makeup for my wedding and I couldn't have been happier. She has also done a few of my friends' weddings and I have also recommended her to others! Erica was the first vendor I booked aside from my venue.
    She is great to work with, and also has lots of knowledge and recommendations for someone planning a wedding in the CT area.

Marissa · Married on 07/25/2017

Erica is the best of the best!

I was lucky enough to have Erica Martell on my wedding day! She was absolutely amazing to work with from the very beginning! After our first phone call, I knew she was the truly the best and there was no one else I wanted to do the makeup for my wedding day. She was able to crate the EXACT look I wanted, while still exceeding all of my expectations. Her work is perfection. I would 100% recommend her to any future bride! Book her now! You will not be disappointed!
    Thank you Erica for making me look absolutely stunning on my wedding day!

Kelly · Married on 07/14/2017

A big THANK YOU to Erica T. Martell!! I cannot say enough about how amazing Erica was from the time we first spoke to review the services she provides until the day of my wedding when she made me feel the most beautiful I've ever felt. Not only did I feel amazing, but she created beautifully flawless looks for all of my bridesmaids and my moms. Everyone felt and looked gorgeous throughout the entire day (even with the light misty rain we took pictures in!). Erica was incredibly sweet and professional throughout the entire process and went above and beyond, providing guidance on how to care for my skin along with recommendations for products to try, as well as amazing little personal touches with a hand massage and touch up kit on the day of to keep your look flawless all day! She truly cares about and listens to the needs/wants of each person she works with in order to help them feel comfortable and to achieve the desired look for their special day. She is incredibly thorough; elevating my look just a bit on the wedding day after looking back at pictures from the trial. This lovely lady is educated about skin care, products, and the most current and relevant techniques-- she truly values the importance of continuing to learn and improve her skills so she can provide the absolute best service to her brides! I feel so lucky to have found Erica and highly recommend her to anyone who is looking to feel relaxed and amazingly flawless on their special day!

Charlotte · Married on 06/24/2017

Erica is nothing short of amazing. I worked with Erica twice this past year, once for my sisters wedding and then again for my wedding. She was not only amazing at doing our make-up, but she was so easy to be around the day of my wedding and sisters wedding. No one in my family wears a lot of make-up, and she totally understood that and made us feel comfortable in our own skin. She completed a very natural look for each of us, and the make-up did not move the entire day. I was definitely impressed. I can’t wait to use Erica again for another event in the future.

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

There aren't enough positive words in the dictionary to describe Erica. She did my make up twice as a bridesmaid (where I KNEW I needed her for my own wedding) and most recently as a bride! She is truly special. She is warm, super passionate about her work and incredibly talented. Every time I leave her chair I feel like a glowing goddess-- never overdone, yet never an aspect overlooked. She is professional-- always on time and moves according to whatever schedule you give her-- yet the most down to earth person you will ever meet. I was so thankful to have her calming energy around me as I got ready for such a special yet high stress moment. Erica is amazing and if you can steal her before she is booked up you will walk into your wedding looking naturally flawless and radiant!!! So happy to have had the opportunity to work with her--- she's simply fabulous.

K · Married on 04/28/2017

An incredibly talented artist and a lovely person! Erica did makeup for six of us ranging in age from 30s–80s. Erica is careful and thoughtful, with a fun personality that makes you totally comfortable. Each of us looked and felt gorgeous, all with different styles. My mom, who’s in her 70s and was very afraid of looking “made-up” was absolutely thrilled at how naturally beautiful and young she looked. And I couldn’t have been happier with my look- in a mastery of subtle drama, Erica made my eyes look amazing behind glasses, and she found the perfect lip shade to complement my complexion and brightly patterned bridal outfit. My sister in law wanted more glam and the result was stunning. Our makeup held up all day and night. Erica is brilliant!

I don’t wear much makeup and wanted to look like myself…and as soon as I met Erica I knew it was a great decision to work with her. We had a trial, then emailed to refine a plan. She was so enthusiastic every step of the way; it was a fun process. And the travel fee to NYC? Worth every penny.

Anne · Married on 03/25/2017

Erica was perfect! She was everything I was looking for in a makeup artist for myself, my bridesmaids, and my family. She is not only extremely talented, she is professional, punctual, accommodating, and a lovely person to have as part of your team for your day. She truly took the time to make sure not only I was happy but each of my other girls as well. I would not hesitate to recommend her! Thank you so much Erica!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist's reply:

Anne--You were everything I was looking for in a bride too! Total dream to work with you. Impeccable taste and the sweetest disposition--it was truly an honor to be a part of your day and I will never forget it! Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write them for everyone to see xoxoxo
  • F

Fiona · Married on 03/11/2017

Erica is absolutely fantastic! In the words of my mother, "she is truly an artist". I found Erica through reading reviews on this website and she was the first and only make-up artist I spoke to for my wedding. I had few photos of inspiration to show Erica at my make-up trial and she understood what I was looking for right away (even if I wasn't a 100% sure what look I was going for!). On the day of my wedding (3/11/2017) , I was a little stressed with the hubbub of my family getting ready and the timing of the day. Erica saw that I was a little stressed and was able to help calm me down, by asking my sister/matron of honor to put on some music in the background. In addition, she did a fantastic job with my sisters' make-up, and my mother. My mother was very nervous about getting her make-up done but once Erica finished with her, my mother could not stop raving about how great she looked and felt. She truly made my mother feel like the mother of the bride.

Erica did such a great job with my make-up, I felt comfortable the entire night. I felt like I looked like myself, only a better of myself (which is absolutely how I wanted to feel that day).

I truly could not have asked for a better make-up artist than Erica! I never felt nervous about how my look would turn out, I completely trusted her!

Fiona Ellis