Eric von Bargen Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

1 User photo

Mindy A. Married on 10/23/2021

The only choice for photography in coastal North Carolina

On coastal North Carolina, we have our fair share of weddings. The weather, beaches, and waterfront properties make it a perfect spot to marry. As a former owner of a stationery store specializing in wedding invitations, I got to know many vendors around town. When it came to planning both of my daughters’ weddings, there was only one photographer I would use—Eric von Bargen Wedding and Lifestyle Photography. Not only is Eric an exceptional human, but his talent takes wedding photography to a new level. If you don’t believe me, check out his website. You won’t be disappointed. He’s easy to work with, and he will make sure the bride comes first. He has out-of-the-box ideas and a unique spin on weddings. I’m a fan, and I will recommend him to anyone who asks.
    Haley D. Married on 09/28/2019

Spectacular!

Eric is such a soulful and amazing photographer. His work is spectacular! We have only seen the teaser from our wedding and that alone was breathtaking. We can't wait to see all of our photos!!! He is creative, artistic and went above and beyond for us. Thank you Eric for sharing our day with us and for making our wedding magical!
    Hollie Q. Married on 05/04/2018

Incredible Photographer

When I came across Eric's website, I knew immediately that he was the photographer I wanted for my wedding day. I searched high and low for months looking for someone who could execute something edgy, creative, and tastefully dramatic but continued to come across the "cookie-cutter" in the Southeast. I will never forget the moment that when I saw Eric's website and work...I was sold and couldn't wait to book him.

Eric is a gem and meshed well with every personality in our wedding! He is approachable, easy to work with and helped capture the most special memories on our wedding day. I cannot say enough about how incredible he is. Not only was the process a great experience, but the end product is amazing! The photos are EXACTLY what I had envisioned - I can't believe these are MY wedding pictures that I will have forever - they're perfect!! Thank you, Eric!

Eric von Bargen Photography's reply:

Hollie,
    Thank you so much! Both of you were so positive with great energy. It truly comes across in your photographs! Greece looks nice!

Eric
    Kayleigh Married on 04/14/2018
    I do not even know where to start! Eric did our engagement photos, my bridal portraits, and our wedding ceremony and reception! Every single time Eric sends me our photographs I am blown away at the quality, the number of prints he sends, and just the overall artistic quality of the pictures! Eric was the first vendor I hired for our wedding and I did not regret it for one second! Eric was apart of our special day from the beginning to the end and as nervous as I was about how I would look in the photos, Eric always reassured me that they would be perfect! And they were! I cannot wait to see our wedding ceremony and reception photos!
    Brennan Married on 03/17/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Eric was so wonderful to work with! He made it very easy to communicate with him leading up to the wedding weekend and on the actual day you didn't even notice him taking pictures - which helped the entire day be seamless. His 80% candid / 20% staged photo mentality is amazing - the candids he took are some of my absolute favorites from our wedding.

Eric von Bargen Photography's reply:

Brennan,
    Thank you so much! I truly enjoyed shooting your wedding at the Ritz in New York. You two have great energy & it shows!

Eric
    Ashley Married on 09/30/2017
    Eric managed to create beautifully artistic photos, allowing us to feel the love and community from our special day. The photography tells our story from beginning to end. Eric captured authenticity, and we are pleased to not have "cheesy", staged wedding photos, but rather tastefully done photos with raw emotion.
    Lauren Married on 05/20/2017
    Eric exceeded my expectations in so many ways! He worked so hard to capture every moment during our wedding. My photos are perfectly edited and so beautiful. Thank you Eric for all of your hard work!

Lauren and Sam Hilker
    Liz Married on 04/23/2017
    My husband and I had a hard time finding a photographer that we agreed upon. Most of the wedding photographers out there are very cookie cutter and look much the same. I knew I would have a hard time finding someone my fiance would agree upon being that he does photography as a hobbie. I stalked wedding planner's instagram pages and fell upon the most stunning photo and then searched to find Eric's website. I was blown away by his work as was my husband (finally!). Eric was super flexible, communicative, easy to work with, friendly and a just a nice dude. The day of our outdoor wedding was a complete washout down pour and Eric tackled the rain and still provided stunning photos from our wedding. Do yourself a favor and book him for your project. Check out his website and you will be hooked. He's amazing!
    Ahmed Married on 04/23/2017
    Eric is one of the most amazing photographers I've ever met. I myself am an amateur photographer who has don't some shoots including weddings and let me tell you the pressure is to easy and at the the same time you have to be creative. In our search I wanted to find a photographer who would be different from the norm and who would work with my attitude since I have some experience, Eric was and is a perfect fit. We had planned an outside wedding and unfortunately it rained and Eric first of all not only suffered thru the weather but went the extra mile to make sure that we forgot it was raining on our wedding day ! When you hire a photographer for your special day you want a photographer who doesn't just treat the day like another day at the job and thats Eric . He sees the opportunity to be creative with every situation and with whatever might be thrown his way. We had a plan but due to the rain we had to kind of "wing" it the entire day and Eric was right there letting his creative juices flow and going along with whatever changes we made and truly making the best or every situation and just being creative on the spot. Eric was such an amazing photographer to work with that not only are we friends now but I've already reserved him for the future for our baby pics! and who knows what else !
  • Asessoms22
    Amy Married on 03/25/2017
    Eric is a highly skilled photographer who has such a creative eye and the ability to capture every aspect of your special moments. We were thrilled to have Eric be part of our special day and were extremely pleased with all the great shots he captured.
    Erica Married on 09/17/2016
    Eric is a true artist who not only perfectly captured our magical day but added such an amazing vibe and style. He's incredibly talented and captures moments that will leave you breathless. We dubbed him "the wedding ninja" because he stealthily took the most amazing candid pictures of ourselves and guests all night long. Eric's aesthetic is impossibly cool and beautifully timeless. He's a joy to be around and everyone loved him. Super go with the flow and really captured the essence of us and who we are with ease. You will be thrilled with choosing Eric for your wedding day!
    Chris Married on 09/16/2016
    We love Eric! He is a true artist and has mastered his craft. His ability to capture the candid emotions of our day was incredible. We wanted timeless, artistic images that could be displayed and reflected upon for years to come and that is definitely what we received! If you want honest and gorgeous photos please look no further. Also he is very relaxed and kind to work with and will put you at ease on your big day!
    Claire Married on 08/20/2016
    I loved Eric! He definitely focuses more on the bride and groom. Quality is amazing and takes really unique shots. Definitely not your typical cheesy Pinterest style. My one regret is I did not get more father/daughter pictures or mother/son pictures. We got some "staged" family photos" but I wish I would have gotten more in the moment photos with my father or other family members.
    Cameron Married on 05/21/2016
    Eric's shots are incredible. He delivered more than enough photos. We've already got a few framed and they look awesome! He was easy to work with, listened to your concerns and did a job well done.
    Victoria Married on 10/13/2015
    Eric stepped in at the last minute to take our wedding pictures of the two of us and we are so grateful he did. We'd never met him before only dealt with him on email and he made us feel right at ease as soon as we met him. I can honestly say I could not be happier with the photos and we had a wonderful time having them taken.
    Jessie Married on 06/06/2015
    Eric is an incredible photographer, we were so lucky to have him for our wedding! He is so fun to be around and makes everyone feel so comfortable for photos! His work is top notch and he captured every moment of our wedding day beautifully!
    Jessie Married on 06/06/2015
    Eric is an incredible photographer and wonderful to work with. Eric could not have done a better job of documenting our special day beautifully, on top of taking amazing photos everyone absolutely loved him! He is very charismatic and makes everyone around him feel very comfortable for photos. I feel extremely fortunate to have had Eric as our photographer!
    Jillian Married on 05/30/2015
    Eric did a wonderful job with our wedding photos. He put an artistic twist on the photos that I do not believe we would have received otherwise. It made the photographs special and unique to our special day. Also, really great to work with--no problems.
  • User2441048 2+ years ago
    Eric is a talented and creative professional with a modern twist on today's wedding. He captures artistic shots and valuable moments with ease. He's basically a ninja going unnoticed the entire wedding. Then when you receive your pictures you wonder how he did it all!
    Kristin Married on 01/10/2015
    Eric is amazing. We initially were going to have a spring wedding, very traditional and planned a year out. We then decided to completely change our plans, and in 6 weeks changed to a wedding/party in Boston in the middle of winter (what could possibly go wrong with a wedding in Boston in the winter, right?). Eric went out of his way to change schedule, flew to Boston early to make sure he was there with any potential weather delays and created the most amazing wedding photos we have ever seen. He is professional, dependable, unbelievably talented and we could not have asked for anything more. Top notch and then some...
    Andrea Married on 07/20/2014
    Eric was so easy to work with. He made me (the bride) feel very comfortable, had awesome ideas for unique, classy photographs, and poured his heart into editing and giving me the best wedding photos I could have ever imagined. Eric primarily focuses on the bride and groom and their big day. He creates photos that come to life, and truly tell a story of your big day. He does photos of the family as well, however if you are in to taking a lot of the family photos, I would hire an additional photographer so Eric can focus more on the Bride/Groom. Eric is a great person, a great friend, and extremely gifted at what he does (his website proves it!) I highly recommend Eric if you want high quality, non-generic photographs and memories that are captured forever.
    Katie Married on 05/17/2014
    Eric von Bargen is an amazing photographer, not only because he takes amazing photos, but also because he takes charge when he had to in order to get the formal family and bridal party photographs over with so that we didn't have to miss out in any of the fun. He had fun ideas for photo-opts and he was up for anything! Also, during the reception he was like a chameleon and captured beautiful, yet candid moments. I was confident that he would capture everything important that I was experiencing and that he was working behind-the-scenes to capture the things that I was missing because, let's face it, a bride can't be everywhere at once! Also, he really seemed to take to heart my notes for "must-take photos" because he captured them all and more. All-in-all, the pictures turned out AMAZING. They were the perfect balance of creative, artistic, and classic. I truly would recommend Eric Von Bargen to a couple looking for a photographer to capture and develop artistic photographs of their wedding. Eric von Bargen photography was worth every penny and worth the waiting time to get the photos back because they were truly works-of-art.
  • User1644544 2+ years ago
    Eric von Bargen is an amazing photographer. He takes initiative and takes charge to get the formal family and bridal party photographs completed quickly so that we don't have to miss out in the reception. Then he was like a chameleon and captured beautiful candid moments. I knew he was there to capture everything important that I was experiencing and that he was behind the scenes capturing the things I was missing because a bride can't be everywhere at once! Also, he really seemed to take to heart my notes for "must take photos" to make sure he captured them. All in all, he is very professional and creative. I expect his photos to be beautiful, in a traditional sense, but also unique works of art.
    Suzanne Married on 05/03/2014
    Eric is awesome!! We couldn't be happier and more grateful that he was our photographer. Our wedding was in my sisters backyard on a sunny day on the lake. This is not a venue Eric would have experience shooting at and I am sure the extreme change in lighting and our set up made it difficult.

He has a natural eye and took amazing pictures even with the lighting and new venue! We did not have to worry at all about our pictures!

I honestly didn't even know he was around most of the time and he captured some amazing moments!

He is creative, timely in his response, professional, and easy to work with.

Even 8 months later our pictures are constantly complimented.

We couldn't be happier. We love our pictures and will treasure them forever!!!
    Your pictures will last forever and the day of the wedding seems to go by so quickly. You want a great photographer and Eric is that! We highly recommend him!!!
    Kristin Married on 03/29/2014
    We could not be any happier with Eric. The final product was so incredibly beautiful. He captured each and every special moment of our wedding day. He was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. His creativity and care really made such a difference in our photos. Highly recommended!