Eric Stocklin Photography Reviews

32 | Baltimore, MD

32 Reviews for Eric Stocklin Photography

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2018

We got married on September 2nd at Turf Valley Resort. We first met Eric at a wedding show and then continued to see him at a few other wedding shows. I really did not meet with too many photographers because I got a great first impression after meeting Eric, his work was beautiful, and his pricing was very fair. Eric has clearly been in the business for a long time and has developed a great reputation. I asked my coordinator at Turf Valley if she know Eric and what she thought of his work—she spoke very highly of Eric! On a related note, Eric knows a lot of other professionals in the wedding business who he was able to recommend. I trusted Eric and felt that if he vetted them, they would do good work. He recommended a beautiful cello and flute musicians for our ceremony and cocktail hour—they were awesome! He also recommended our videographer. Although we only got a sneak peek video so far, we are very impressed! Eric worked very well with our families, bridal party, and other vendors. Eric answered all of our questions prior to the engagement photo shoot and wedding. He made sure to have our day of schedule and photo list with him. He was also very flexible to me wanted to reschedule our engagement photos a few times due to weather. He is very professional and quick to respond—he even set up a phone call with me to help me make a day of time line. We got our engagement photos back just a few days after and our wedding photos about a week later. This is NOT A NEGATIVE REFLECTION OF ERIC, but I do have a tip for future brides—we had 175 guests at our wedding and a large bridal party; if you have a similar situation, you may want to consider hiring Eric for extra hours or hiring a second shooter. He worked extremely hard within the timelines we set up and Eric got amazing pictures and captured wonderful memories of our day, I just wish I had thought to hire him for longer or with another photographer. We would enthusiastically recommend Eric for any event!

Kyle · Married on 12/22/2017

After being a part of multiple weddings and dealing with different photographers, Eric is a cut above the rest. He made us feel comfortable and relaxed during the photo shoot, while also providing us with great direction. He was flexible and always made himself available. The shots we got from our shoot were incredible. He comes with my highest recommendation and is the photographer you need to hire for your next event. Thanks again Eric, we loved working with you!

Traci · Married on 10/20/2017

We could not have dreamed for a better photographer!! Eric and his assistant were both so kind, helpful and fun! Their attention to detail, creativity in photos, and knowledge of the "wedding world" is impeccable. They were both incredibly personable and blended in with the guests, but also remained very professional. Absolutely wonderful!!!

• MrsJRod

Maribel · Married on 10/08/2017

Eric was a wonderful photographer! He was helpful in answering all of questions prior to our wedding. He was on time and ready to capture the important moments of our day. He blended into the background during our ceremony and captured the most beautiful images. He was very accommodating and captured all the bridal portraits we desired after our ceremony. Our photos were available for us to view ahead of schedule with a link we were able to share with friends and family to order their own photos.
    Thank you Eric for capturing all those important moments. The photos are beautiful!!!!!!!!

Damian · Married on 08/25/2017

Eric and his team were wonderful. The photos were absolutely stunning, and the Album at the end is top notch. I will hire him for sure the next time i have a need for professional photographs.

Melanie · Married on 07/22/2017

Absolutely AMAZING - the BEST!!

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2017

Choosing Eric Stocklin as our wedding photographer was a fantastic decision! He was so available and responsive through personal meetings, phone calls and emails. He really made Jamie and I feel like celebrities, photographing every special moment of the day. It was really nice to get an understanding of Eric's photography style through an engagement photo shoot early on our engagement. He was flexible, patient and accommodating to all of our photograph requests during the big day. What is the most amazing of all is the speed in which James and I received the proofs from our wedding. When we signed on he talked about seeing our photos during our honeymoon and he followed through! It was a real comforting experience to have all the photos available to us a week later. We highly recommend Eric Stocklin as your wedding photographer!

Casey · Married on 10/22/2016

We don't live in Baltimore so flexibility was very important to us when choosing our photographer. Eric met with us to review his packages, he customized a package to fit our needs and immediately shot our engagement photo session without pressuring us to sign a contract with him.
    I used to work in the event industry and Eric has always had a great reputation for his professionalism and his talent. Working first hand with him was a pleasure for myself, my husband and my guests. So many people commented how nice and attentive Eric and his assistant Kat were. Eric sent us our pictures two days later and he captured so many great moments of my guests arriving to the church, mingling at cocktail hour and all of the moments we couldn't be there for as I was getting ready, taking pictures after the ceremony, etc. Your wedding day will fly by and Eric made sure to take my picture wish list and he worked with the D.J. to call guests up to make sure all of the photos were taken. I cannot recommend Eric and his team enough!

Elora · Married on 07/12/2016

Eric was amazing start to finish. He really wanted to make sure I had everything I wanted exactly the way I wanted it.
    He is timely with getting you photos and is able to capure the true essence of the moment with them.
    I would recommend him for any event!

Thank you Eric for capturing moments on one of the best day of my life :)

Elora Philon

Caroline · Married on 09/26/2015

It was an honor and a true pleasure to work with Eric Stocklin on our wedding day. We met Eric at a small (read: calm/not daunting) wedding expo. Eric was such a delight to talk to and given the nature of the expo, we actually had the chance to chat and become acquainted.
    Several things struck us about Eric - he is incredibly down-to-earth, genuine, approachable, and friendly. When looking at some samples of his work, we quickly realized how talented he is! We were fortunate, as Eric had our wedding date available, and so we booked! Easy decision!
    During the planning process, my husband and I experienced an unexpected loss of a beloved family member. In response to this, Eric was sympathetic, flexible, and truly committed to accommodating us in every way possible. He focused on our wishes and he was open to any changes we requested given the circumstances. We appreciated Eric's sincerity, compassion, professionalism, and understanding.
    Eric's work and presence on our wedding day was characterized as unobtrusive and fiercely dedicated to capturing every single important moment. He was everywhere; yet nowhere -- meaning, he captured every image we could have ever asked for, yet did this is the most professional and inconspicuous manner. We joked that Eric is like a silent photo ninja. He is incredible!!
    My husband and I did not want to miss our entire cocktail hour and we also did not want to do a first look. These circumstances could make it challenging for a photographer to get all of the important pictures given the time limitations we were imposing, but not Eric!! He captured all of the important family and bridal party pictures after the ceremony and still gave us plenty of time to make it to our cocktail hour.
    Eric is truly talented and an exceptional photographer. He is responsive, efficient, and has an amazing personality! He sent our wedding pictures to us quickly and we have over 17 pages of outstanding images from our wedding. THANK YOU ERIC!

Christine · Married on 04/25/2015

We met Eric at a vendor fair in the Baltimore area. The photographer the fair venue hired did not show- Eric took it upon himself to volunteer to photograph the fashion show at the fair. Even though he was now working a "surprise" job at this fair, he appeared from our consumer's prospective to be completely calm and having fun! When he came back to his booth later in the fair, he picked right up where he left off meeting and greeting guests at the fair. This was one of our amazing impressions of not only Eric's professionalism but his personality as well!
    When we began speaking with him, Eric was calm and knowledgeable, and I, as the bride, did not feel pressured in any way- this was a very unique experience as all the other vendors were very pressuring with booking them that day since I had so "little" time left (4 months...).
    We met with Eric a couple weeks later and he spent a lot of time with us as a couple, getting to know us and what we did and did not want. He tailored his photography packages to fit our needs, not his. The value with his company is fantastic. Eric contacted our wedding planner to arrange a meeting to go and see our venue on his own time since he had been there before.
    On the day of our wedding, Eric and Julie arrived early, and did an amazing job being professional and flexible with our events, personalities, and timeline! We even accidentally threw him a curve ball last minute and hired a videographer when we decided we really would like to have a video of our wedding as well. Eric contacted the videographer and the day of our wedding everyone worked together so well and was very professional.
    I would highly recommend Eric Stocklin Photography!

lara · Married on 09/21/2014

Eric was an amazing photographer who managed to capture all of the special moments of our wedding and ceremony despite an exhaustive list of shots I had requested. Eric even had all of photos ready for viewing online within a week after the wedding! Very Fast!!

V · Married on 04/26/2014

Of all of my vendors, Eric was hands down the easiest to work with. He did our engagement photos and made my husband who literally would have wanted to do anything else that day totally comfortable. Those photos came out great and we used him for the wedding as well. I didn't give him much direction aside from a list of the formal portraits with bridal party that I wanted and just let him do his thing and the photos turned out great. He seems to specialize in the candid moments. His assistant was fantastic too, and I think took a lot of the detail shots of the rings etc. He is unbelievably fast with all of the post wedding stuff, the DVD of our pics was waiting for us when we got back from our honeymoon, and the only delay on getting the album together was on my end. The album was fantastic too. I also think his prices are pretty reasonable for the level of skill he has.

Bethany · Married on 04/05/2014

Eric was fabulous!! He came early to take pictures of the church and outside the reception. He was very prompt in getting us our pictures back. Professional and skilled just what I was looking for in a photographer. He took so many pictures!! Caught every moment. I am so thankful we chose Eric Stocklin!

Liz · Married on 11/16/2013

Ahh well I am absolutely obsessed with my wedding pictures!!! Eric and Mike caught every moment from getting dressed, the gowns, the groom with his gentlemen, every family member, the flowers, the decorations, every moment of my ceremony and every moment I witnessed and missed throughout the reception! Really there is not one more shot that I could have asked for. Eric not only was able to capture every special moment that I requested, but also went above and beyond with his creativity and talent! Now I am able to look back and relive the fantastic evening picture by picture :). I highly recommend Eric for any and every occasion you would like to capture - without a doubt you will spend hours and hours just taking in every candid shot smiling the entire time.

Sue · Married on 10/27/2013

If I could give Eric a score higher than 5 stars, I would! We have three kids (ages 5, 5 and 7) and we challenged him to capture moments that would celebrate the wedding and our family, and he did just that! He was so easy to work with and was able to strike just the right balance between getting us in places were he knew would be great pictures and letting us go to capture candid shots with friends and family. He was so creative in his posed shots at the Cloister's Castle that the pictures were incredible! While dancing with family and friends, every time I wanted to capture that moment, he was there. I never once had to look for him to capture a memorable photo! He arrived earlier than he planned and stayed much later than the contract required him to stay. He delivered the link to our pictures within the time he stated and we could not be happier with how he staged the photos and captured all the significant moments of the ceremony. Every single guest at our wedding was included in the photos. If we had it to do all over again, we would definitely use Eric.

Barbara · Married on 09/22/2013

Eric was the photographer for my daughter's wedding and it was phenomenal! He took the time to meet with us beforehand and to understand exactly what she wanted as well as offering suggestions that she hadnt thought of. He arrived on the day exactly on time with his assistant and the results are phenomenal! And the best part of all was that Eric and his assistant moved around during the wedding and no one noticed they were there! That is exactly what an excellent photographer should do and everyone remarked on how nice they were. He was able to get a lot of the "formal" shots before the ceremony (at my daughter's request) so that she was able to really enjoy her day! Great Job!!!

• User3619317 · 2+ years ago

Eric did a beautiful job capturing the whole event. The posed pictures were beautiful, and the candid ones were amazing. He has a true talent and is wonderful to work with. Professional, timely, helpful, and one of the best photographers I have had the pleasure of working with! Finally, we ordered a photo book, and Eric did an exquisite job. It still moves me to tears!

Thanks Eric!!

Dan · Married on 10/02/2012

We chose Eric to be our photographer when we saw him at a wedding expo. His photos weren't all posed; the best were downright artistic. He will do the posed shots, but it's the more natural, candid shots he gets that sets him apart. Talking to him was great, he was always friendly and professional. He helped explain our options and talked with us about our timeline for the wedding day. During the event, he directed guests for the needed posed shots, but remained unintrusive for the rest. He was also quick to help with things like the wedding dress's train when we needed it, and he really blew me away when he produced a bottle opener for some sparkling cider we had. He took any extra photos we asked for, he seemed to love shooting us in the outdoor settings we'd picked out and, best of all, the photos came out great. He took hundreds of beautiful photos and we had such a hard time narrowing down our favorites for the album he created that we ended up upgrading to a much larger album!

Eric Stocklin was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. His correspondence was always timely and prior to our wedding his was always available to add to our "must have" photo list and answer all of our questions. On the day of the wedding, Eric arrived early and got every picture we could have wanted and then some! Each picture turned out beautiful and I love how you can clearly see the story of our wedding day through Eric's pictures. He was flexible in making sure we had a photography package we were happy with, and never pulled us away from a part of our wedding that we did not want to miss. Eric was unobtrusive and thorough and all together enjoyable to work with. I would highly recommend him for any bride.

Elisa · Married on 10/08/2011

We live in Texas and got married on the USS Constellation in Baltimore, MD. This was very difficult to plan from so far away as well as expenses to travel to baltimore many times before our wedding. Eric made the whole process SUPER EASY!! he was not too expensive either. He fit right in our budget. He reviewed his work with us wich we fell in love with the moment we looked at his previous wedding photos. He is deffinately an A+ photographer. As a studio art major myself I was looking for someone to capture the art in what I would like to see if I were photographing my wedding and he did it! His photography blew my mind. Every emotion every "scene" was captured. He even got photos of moments that were private between my husband and I as well as my grandmothers privately congratulating me. I would have expected paying WAY more than I did for such a great artisit! Very professional. I would only recomend Eric Stocklin Photography for both value and expertise for anyone looking for a photographer. Thank you so much Eric for making our experince the best!

Renee · Married on 10/23/2010

Eric did an amazing job capturing our wedding day. Everyone commented that his photos really showed the emotion and joy, and we agree!

Eric was also great with working into our budget. We knew we wanted a photographer of his caliber but couldn't afford it, and he managed to come up with a package that worked for us. The photos are truly amazing and we hope that anyone getting married in the Baltimore area decides to work with Eric!

Lindsay · Married on 10/10/2009

Eric was great and we loved the pictures. He is easy to work with and captured our day perfectly!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/27/2008

Eric was wonderful. He was very professional and made me feel at ease.

Sarah · Married on 07/20/2007

Your performance from your preparation before the wedding, to how you acted during the wedding, and to the development of the pictures, was all just absolute top quality. Not only were the pictures amazing and beautiful, but you were also extremely professional and very easy to work with! Thank you so much for giving us the most beautiful memories of our wedding day with your gift of photography.