Eric Stamer Catering Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
    Claire W. Married on 10/30/2021

Highly recommend!

Eric and Tish were amazing to work with as caterers for our wedding in October 2021. We haven’t planned many large events, and they were such a help in walking us through designing a menu and understanding what to expect. They even met for a walkthrough with our venue to ensure everyone was on the same page prior to the wedding. We really appreciated that they staffed the event so that everyone could eat at the same time. We have received numerous compliments on the food and would highly recommend them to anyone planning an event in Shenandoah!
  • Ahmad
    Ahmad E. Married on 06/05/2021

Perfect meal @ James Monroe's Highland (Wedding)

We had a hard time finding a caterer in Charlottesville, VA who could do halal food at a reasonable rate for our wedding. Eric Stamer was willing to work with us, calling on his supply chain to source options to meet our needs. We ended up with a delicious menu that included several, well-paired options that delighted our guests. Ask him about his mint lamb! Through all of our challenging requests, Eric and Tish remained cordial and professional. They helped set up our tables and quickly broke down the venue when we were finished, which was well into the evening hours! We paid a reasonable rate for incredible value. What brought us to Eric Stamer and what will bring us back, however, is the service. The personal touch. I could not imagine working with someone less flexible, less reasonable, or less proud of his/her work. If I could afford it, I would eat Eric Stamer's food every day!

Whatever your need is, Eric Stamer is the guy to call. We handed them a difficult situation that required constant communication and painfully sharp turnarounds and they wowed us and our guests at every moment. I am absolutely thrilled with the service they provided, and will look for any reason to use them again.

Eric, Tish, thank you both so much for making mine and Youmna's wedding perfect!
  • Lisa
    Lisa P. Married on 07/20/2019

Fantastic caterer with wonderful food!

We chose this caterer because he was close to our venue in Bridgewater, and had good reviews. Let me tell you, it was the best choice ever! Eric and Tish are amazing at what they do, and their food is fantastic! They worked within our price range and dietary restrictions, and provided an excellent, unforgettable feast for us and our guests! People kept telling us how much they enjoyed the food and service. Since we got married out of state, most of our communication was over phone and email, and Eric and Tish were good at getting back to me in a timely manner. The staff were very professional and friendly, and the setup was done well. I would recommend Eric Stamer Catering to anyone in the Shenandoah area!
    Sasha Married on 10/14/2017
    My wedding guests raved about the food. I have to admit I was a little nervous choosing a caterer, but I had heard so many wonderful things about Eric Stamer. They surpassed anything I had heard. They make quality, delicious food. My friend who had been to 12 weddings this past 4 months said that this was by and far the most delicious food she had. TIsh and Eric are fantastic to work with, accommodating and will help work with your budget. I am so thrilled we went with them!
    Heather Married on 08/12/2017
    Eric Stamer Catering did our wedding reception dinner at the American Hotel banquet room in August 2017. We're not from the area and planned the bulk of this remotely. They did a great job helping us through the menu and a plan for the evening over email. They offered lots of practical and professional advise as we made decisions about the set-up, linens, alcohol and plenty of other little things you don't often think about. All the wedding guests loved the food which was very tasty and well presented. The service that evening was fantastic and their bartender did an excellent job executing custom cocktails. We felt like we got a tremendously good value with no nonsense and lots of professional guidance. We were very happy we chose Eric Stamer Catering for our wedding.
    Samantha Married on 09/24/2016
    We lucked out tremendously with not having to scour the lands for a venue or a caterer. It was great that our selected venue highly recommended Eric Stamer Catering Inc. and they were our first and only tasting experience. It didn't take much more than that, especially after my husband had the boneless stuffed pork chops. That was a game changer and he even asked Eric if he could take the leftovers home, to which he generously obliged. Eric and Tish remained in correspondence with us for over a year. They were so very patient with us and our constant inquiries and concerns. Especially when we were often forgetful or distracted and asking the same questions over and over again. For over a year, their responses were always polite, detailed, and timely. It was also a comfort to know that they had already done numerous weddings at our venue, and knew the layout and procedures. The day of our wedding, Tish worked extremely hard to accommodate everyone and ensured that everything ran smoothly. With most buffets, you worry the food will become cold. That was not the case at our wedding. The portions were perfect and the food stayed warm throughout dinner. It was so good in fact, that we had people approaching us pretty consistently throughout the night to congratulate us on our wedding and picking such awesome food. At the end of the night, they went the extra step to pack up all of the extra food that was not eaten, and stored it for us. This meant more to us than anything, because (as you can imagine) there's nothing better to a wedding party than high quality leftovers after copious amounts of alcohol on a Saturday night. We ate this food over the next two days and we were really sad when it was gone. We're still sad.

We highly recommend Eric Stamer Catering, Inc. and hopefully one day our paths will cross again, if not only to extend our gratitude but also to have the opportunity to eat fantastic food. Thank you!

- Mike & Sam
  • User2769739 2+ years ago
    Amazing food, fun to work with, and the attention to detail + timing couldn't be better. Best decision we made!
    Laura Married on 08/06/2016
    We had Eric Stamer cater our wedding in early August 2016. We still have people telling us how wonderful the food was and that it was the best "wedding meal" they have ever experienced. Tish was our main contact and she was very professional and always responded quickly to any questions. The meal could not have been better. I would highly recommend Eric Stamer if you planning an event or wedding
  • User2664211 2+ years ago
    Tish was great to work with and answered all questions in a professional and timely manner. The food was excellent - so fresh, well prepared, and a lovely presentation. Our guests raved about the food and menu. It was so satisfying to hear so many positive comments from our guests..
    Lacey Married on 09/13/2014
    There are only a handful of weddings where I remember the food, and half of those it was because the food was less than great. My now-husband and I wanted to make sure that the guests at our wedding remembered our food for all the right reasons.

We wanted a veggie-forward meal that had bright flavors and would appeal to everyone. One of my favorite dishes of all time is imam bahildi, a vegetarian stuffed eggplant dish found in Greek and Middle Eastern restaurants. It was not on Eric's list of provided dishes, but he found a a couple recipes that he used to create his own melt-in-your-mouth delicious vegetarian main! I didn't think I could be happier after trying a bite of it, but then I tried his couscous salad, green bean salad, and caprese salad (he makes his own balsamic!). Fabulous! For the dads and other meat eaters, Eric managed to put out a chicken so moist and flavorful that it is absolutely shocking it spent any time on a buffet table.

My aunt never gets up for seconds, but she did at our wedding. My father-in-law went back for thirds. Our vegan food blogger friend said that this was the best wedding food she had ever had (and her wedding was in a Brazilian restaurant). Everyone loved the food so much that there were hardly any leftovers for us to enjoy the next day!

Eric Stamer Catering provided an amazing meal that everyone - vegans, vegetarians, gluten-free people, and carnivores - enjoyed immensely! And, it was all delivered with top-notch service leading up to and throughout the night. Eric was the one to ask about the challah for our Jewish wedding ceremony, which definitely earned me points with my mother-in-law!

Oh, and I almost forgot about the bartender! This lady was AMAZING! My aunt is still talking about the top-notch old fashioned that was mixed for her. Perfection!

A big thanks to Eric Stamer and his team for making my wedding such a success!
    Lauren Married on 09/22/2012
    I am happy that we chose Eric Stamer Catering to cater our food for our wedding. Eric met with us many times as we tried to narrow down our menu and always made himself available to meet with us. This was important and appreciated as we did not live local to the area. Some of the catering companies were uppity and exorbitantly expensive in my opinion. Eric was none of this-he was willing to work with you to accomodate catering services within your budget. He had to work another wedding on our day so Tish took things over in the end and on the wedding day (who was also great). They also are flexible in that they allow you to provide alcohol to keep costs down, while their bartenders serve it. The food on the wedding day was what we had requested, was plentiful, tasty, and warm. The bartenders kept the drinks flowing and had my glass of white wine ready before I even reached the bar :) They even cleared out the event space as part of their services and it was all ready to go the following day when I picked it up at the event space. This was nice so I could go back to the hotel and continue the wedding celebrations and not worry about cleaning up the reception space. I would recommend them 100%, for the great service and great value.
    Leah Married on 10/01/2011
    Eric and Tish were wonderful! They were great at paying attention to details, and forthcoming with advice during the planning process of this whole thing! The service and food on our wedding day was AMAZING, and the presentation of it was incredible as well (we actually got some GREAT photos of the food!!). I can't imagine working with a better catering team!
    Deb Married on 10/11/2009
    Eric Stamer Catering provided excellent food and food service. We had guests who needed special dietary needs and he was very accommodating. His staff was professional. They took care of every catering aspect and I was worry free.
  • User1000794 2+ years ago
    Eric and his staff are great to work with. Their experience and professionalism shine through everything. I highly recommend them and guarantee that you won't be disappointed. The food was a HUGE hit at our wedding and was absolutely delicious.
    Jenny Married on 05/14/2011
    Eric provided delicious food for our outside afternoon reception! All of our guests commented not only on how wonderful the food was, but the presentation of the food was beautiful.
  • elimara
    Elisa Married on 09/20/2009
    Eric was fantastic. Everyone in charlottesville seemed to know him, and when I mentioned he was catering my wedding, they all said great! I'd have a perfect night. and we did! the food was amazing, the ceremony ran late, but the food was still hot and perfect. The waitstaff were incredibly professional. We had a buffet, everyone's glass was always full, and they came by to check on us every once and a while. Out of the whole wedding, eric was the vendor I worried least about. I planned this from out of town, and he filled in the gaps between vendors to make everything flow smoothly. He was very flexible on the menu and worked well within my budget. He also made recommendations on how to best reduce cost. I was really suprised on the quality of food we got for the price I asked for. I would absolutely recommend eric for any event in charlottesville.
    Robert Married on 03/19/2016
    In terms of bang for your buck, you can't get much better than Eric, Tish and their crew. Like many couples, we were on a pretty slim budget, and their team did a great job of working with us. He hosted a free tasting for us when we were in town so we could decide on certain dishes. These guys were great to us, and the food was fantastic. Lots of options.

In terms of how they performed on the day, the kitchen did a great job of producing very little waste (as in could fit in a couple of Ziploc bags for the entire event) and the food was hot and fresh. The wait staff did a great job of making sure that the guests were fed and had whatever drinks they needed. The guests loved the buffet dinner and the cocktail hour food. The cheese display at cocktail hour was a gorgeous. We especially loved the shrimp carumbas! Big hit. The mustard chicken was pheonomenal, I could drink that sauce all day.

In all honestly, the bartenders did give my parents, who provided the alcohol, a pretty big scare about an hour before we were scheduled to walk down to aisle by telling him that he had nowhere near enough liquor. My father ran to the ABC store, purchased about $1,000 more liquor, then raced back to the venue in time to walk in. We never ended up touching that booze. The bartender did end up sending my parents a handwritten apology, which was a nice sentiment. Other than that incident, the bartending staff did a fantastic job of making sure people's drinks were filled.

All in all, I highly recommend Eric and his crew for not just your wedding, but for any event. You won't regret it.
    Dani Married on 06/22/2013
    Flexible with special diet needs. Very respectful and professional with customers.
  • Z
    Susanna Married on 06/15/2008
    Eric is super flexible and talented. His food is always delicious and he has a broad range of skill. He is willing to help you as little or as much as you need for your wedding. He's very open to helping you keep down costs so is not offended if you cut dishes or service or anything to help lower your cost because he so understanding. I highly recommend him and his staff for any event, not just a wedding.
  • hserk
    Hilary Married on 06/15/2019

Most delicious food we've had!

We had a difficult time finding a caterer. It was one of the last vendors we hired, and I was getting a bit frustrated! We wanted to find a caterer that did a little more than just your typical "meat and potatoes" food, but that also wasn't completely out of our style or crush our budget. I contacted many caterers but none of them felt right. Eric was highly recommended by our planner. As soon as we browsed their menu list, we felt like we hit the jackpot. It was exactly what we were looking for and the price was right! Eric is awesome and extremely talented. Tish was super helpful and kept in contact with us throughout the entire planning process. Eric and his staff know exactly what they are doing, and everyone was so friendly and great to all of our guests on our wedding night! The food was OUTSTANDING (and every other amazing adjective you can think of). We knew it would be delicious after our tasting, but I think almost every single guest made a comment to us about how delicious everything was! Many of them said it was the best food they've ever had! And honestly, we have to agree. We are beyond happy we found Eric's business and would recommend him over and over again! We hope to be guests at another wedding with him someday soon! ;)
  • User839858 2+ years ago
    Guest loved the food. I loved the knowledge they had of wedding catering. They were a bit slow in returning emails and phone calls, also they were not completely flexible in executing OUR vision, but rather were interested in doing it they way they "typically" do. However, that being said, the food and service at the wedding was TOP NOTCH.
    Matt Married on 06/15/2008
    Very flexible. The catering food was great. The service could have been improved upon, as well as the overall customer service of the company. Not the kindest bunch, but they get the job done. The food was great. Food prices are skyrocketing in general, so they were pretty expensive, but so is everyone else. If you can get cheaper food, do it.