Eric McCallister Photography Reviews

Eric McCallister Photography 6
Eric McCallister Photography 7

Amanda · Married on 01/05/2019

Simply perfect!

Eric was great to work with from the start. Open communication, great advice and guidance. He has a calming way about him but also made us feel like he was just as excited about our wedding as we were! He showed up to our wedding early and did his thing! We have a big family- that can be challenging. Eric was patient and kind and got the job done! His work is amazing. I highly recommend Eric McCallister to be a part of your wedding.

Eric McCallister Photography 8
    Eric McCallister Photography 9
    Eric McCallister Photography 10
    Eric McCallister Photography 11

Jocelyn · Married on 09/29/2018

Where do i begin? Eric made sure to meet with us well in advance of our big day. He was thorough and ensured we had a game plan for our wedding photographs. He is amazing at his craft and just based on a few of the shots he shared, we know that all of the photos of our wedding will be great!

Eric McCallister Photography 12
    Eric McCallister Photography 13
    Eric McCallister Photography 14

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and I had Eric shoot our engagement session last May, all of the pictures were breathtaking and exceeded our expectations. We knew that the photos from our wedding would be just as spectacular. Our wedding day was misty and cloudy so there was not much of a sunset, but we went out anyway to try and get some shots. Eric was able to transform the cloudy dark sky to something so beautiful and unique. We truly could not have found a better photographer and we are so thankful to have these awesome photos to remember our day by.

Eric McCallister Photography 15
    Eric McCallister Photography 16
    Eric McCallister Photography 17

Craig · Married on 07/14/2018

Eric is in a league of his own. To say nothing of his artistic talent, Eric is a selfless, thoughtful, all around great guy – I hope we get to do some hiking or skiing together in the future. He went above and beyond so many times with us on the big day and during the months leading up to the wedding. I’d say he went the “extra mile”, but really it was more like 8 extra miles when Eric loaded up all of his equipment on his back and hiked with it up a few thousand vertical feet so that my wife and I could do an engagement photo shoot on the side of Mt. Washington.

But that’s only part of the story, Eric has a gifted eye and is an extremely talented artist. He creates beauty and wonder out of spaces and angles that a left brainer like me would never imagine. Now, my wife and I are immortalized in that space of beauty and wonder. We purchased two large canvas prints from our engagement photo shoot and, one year later, they still bring such a huge smile to my face every time I walk by them. We had the pleasure of having Eric along for our rehearsal dinner cruise and made the great choice to have Eric bring a second shooter, Chris, for the big day so that nothing was missed.

Thank you so much Eric, you captured amazement, emotion, surprise, joy, love – oh, and EPIC dance party, for us to cherish forever. We can’t thank you enough!

kimber · Married on 02/14/2018

My husband Nick and I got married on valentines- 02/14/18. Eric was very professional and helpful with the shots. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer-literally worth every penny. Eric had sent us some teaser shots within the first 24 hrs after the wedding- which we got on our honeymoon.. they were amazing! and definitely worth the month wait until we got the usb drive. I can't express how amazing our photos are.. breathtaking. Thank you Eric!! You truly have an eye for what you do.

JenniferAnne · Married on 07/15/2017

When we searched for a photographer, Eric's portfolio was the only one that stood out. True to our hopes and expectations, Eric's photos of our wedding are absolutely stunning. People cannot believe what they are seeing when we show off our album. We got a great variety of photos of both ourselves and our guests; he captured the magic, beauty, and joy of every moment. Even better, Eric was so easy to work with. He was considerate, flexible, and very calm and easy going. When he photographed us, we felt totally natural, relaxed, and were able to enjoy our day without any self-consciousness. We would recommend Eric to anyone and everyone, his photos really will preserve your memories in the most beautiful way.

Eric McCallister Photography 18
    Eric McCallister Photography 19
    Eric McCallister Photography 20

Katy · Married on 12/31/2016

Eric is an amazing photographer and was such a joy to work with! He did both our engagement and wedding photos and they turned out absolutely beautiful! He also sends the photos out really fast! After both sessions we had a handful of photos in our inbox the next morning (which was especially impressive after our New Year’s Eve wedding!), which made our moms very happy because they had awesome photos to post on Facebook! Eric provided all of our photos to us on a thumb drive, which was a huge selling point for us! During our wedding, Eric was by our side all night and captured all of the most important and special moments, but without being in our face or annoying. In fact, most of the time we didn’t even notice, which meant he got a lot of beautiful, genuine candid shots. Eric is a trooper and would do whatever he needed to get the perfect shot! At one point he was laying in the snow without a coat on to get a picture of us during the NYE fireworks show. We absolutely loved working with Eric and highly recommend him for any event.

Photos were very important to my fiancé and I, so we knew that we found the perfect photographer with Eric McCallister. His work is absolutely breathtaking, Eric has been easy to work with from the beginning. After seeing our photos from our engagement session, we can't wait for the wedding!

Sarah · Married on 10/02/2016

We are from New Jersey and were married in Rockport, Massachusetts so there was a little bit of anxiety finding a photographer out of state for our destination wedding. I spent a lot of time researching photographers in the area and viewing their work and reviews. We couldn't be happier with our choice. Eric is a true professional. His photos are unique and classic. He has the ability to capture natural looking photographs with the most beautiful background without having it looked staged. Eric was great to work with. Open communication was important to us since we were planning a wedding from another state and he answered any and all questions we had promptly. Eric's pricing was fair and very reasonable. We definitely felt like we got the absolute best for our money.

Renee · Married on 09/02/2016

It's almost unfair to limit a review to just words. Just take one look at the photographs Eric takes and you will not need to read any further. The pictures Eric is able to take are nothing short of spectacular . He can take a a gorgeous perfect day and capture it all on film and somehow made it even better.

Eric is super easy to work with and very open to any ideas. When we first met Eric for our engagement shoot, I had a list of suggestions for places we could take our photos. Eric took my suggestion list and walked for 5 hours through the city of Boston so we hit not just one but all the sites.

On our wedding day we were lucky enough to have beautiful skies on our wedding day and Eric was able to capture the skies color and vibrance in all our pictures. I love looking at the reception pictures from our wedding as well. There are so many pictures of all my guests caught in perfect moments of happiness and joy and fun. It is wonderful to have those memories captured.

Eric's skills are truly worth every penny. Photography was the second most important wedding expense to me on my wedding day after the location and I don't think I could have asked for anything more than what Eric provided. Friendly, easygoing, and most importantly, incredibly talented.

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2016

Ladies! Gentlemen! Do yourself a favor and BOOK Eric McCallister Photography! Best decision my husband and I made!! I consider myself someone who is very hard to please and Eric absolutely amazed me with his creative talents!! I loved his website photos when I first discovered him and contacted him right away. We hired him immediately before our first in-person meeting ended. He and his second photographer, Brian, were ALWAYS polite, unobtrusive, fun, efficient, and easy going. They were extremely professional and did every formal (work friend, college friends) or photo (rings, cake, my shoes, guys getting ready) we wanted from the list my hubby and I put together. Just last night we received the email link to our proofs. I immediately sent it to my MOH and mom which created another unforgettable moment. We all cried (in a good way!! tears of pure joy!) while looking at the photos. He brilliantly captured the moments so we were able to relive it all over again. We did not have a videographer and knew how important the photos needed to be. After months and months of planning, the day goes by in a flash and you'll want EPIC photos to capture every special moment and even those you might have missed! Eric delivered everything and more! Booking Eric will seriously be a load of stress off your shoulders. You will not need to worry about anything, just pick the package you want, provide a list, and they will do the rest. Worth every penny! We cannot say thank you enough!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2016

Eric McCallister is a phenomenal photographer and hiring him for our wedding day was the best decision we made and the best investment we made. After our engagement session, we felt so comfortable around Eric because of his easy-going, fun, yet, professional personality. Our pictures were amazing and instantly we knew we had made the right decision hiring Eric. You will be at ease knowing he will capture not only the events of your wedding day, but also, the atmosphere, spirit and emotions of you and your guests. Ryan and I recommend Eric to everyone we know and for the most photographed day of your life, there is no better choice than Eric McCallister Photography.

Melissa · Married on 10/30/2015

We started the search for a venue before we actually got engaged. And during those many google searches of photographs of brides and grooms across NH, Eric McCallister's photographs stood out far beyond the rest! We didn't know where we were going to get married, how many bridesmaids we would have, or what month the wedding would be, but we knew we wanted Eric to photograph our wedding! We reached out and discussed package options, pricing and what was important to us. He was very gracious in accomodating our budget and requests. Our engagement photographs are amazing! Definitely recommend doing the engagement session. It was great for him to get to know us as a couple and see personal samples of his photography style, which is exactly what we were looking for! Eric was professional and despite nothing going to plan on our wedding day, he worked hard to get us the pictures he knew we wanted. As promised, we recieved a sampling of photographs the night of the wedding and people are blown away! I can't wait to receive the rest and am comfident that they will be as stunning as the ones I have seen so far!

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2015

When we asked a wedding coordinator on the board of directors for Boston Wedding Group who she recommended for photography, she immediately sat us down and began showing us a slide show of Eric’s work. She told us that of all of the weddings and events she’d been a part of, she’d never seen photos quite like his. After working with Eric and seeing the moments he was able to capture, we couldn’t agree more! Eric was extremely professional, made us feel comfortable, and was able to creatively and unobtrusively document our day. Beyond this, Eric is just a wonderful person. He went above and beyond to make sure we had priceless photographs of a family member who wasn’t able to make it to the wedding. I’ve already had countless guests and photo viewers ask for Eric’s information, which is a true testament of his talent (one has already booked and our wedding was 2 weeks ago!). When all is said and done, it’s the photos that you have to remember the day. You can’t go wrong with Eric and I would wholeheartedly recommend him!

Laura · Married on 05/30/2015

We were extremely happy with our experience with Eric for our wedding. The level of service we received is top notch. Eric is a true professional - very organized, friendly, patient, prompt and also extremely talented. Eric was always willing to answer my questions and lend an opinion ahead of the wedding. The day of he and his colleague showed up early to scope out our venue since they hadn't shot their before. I heard from several guests that he was walking all over the venue taking pictures, and I appreciated the time he took to do this. He was very friendly to our families but did a great job of keeping the large groups on task (not an easy feat with our families at times!) He and his colleague blended into the background for most of the day, and they did a wonderful job of capturing the tone and joy of the day. We are thrilled with the quality of our pictures, and Eric's ability to use lighting to capture a quiet moment at sunset can't be beat. Eric is very prompt in getting pictures back to you as well. Highly, highly recommend him.

Kaitlin · Married on 04/24/2015

If you want amazing photos taken by a professional and nice person, Eric is the vendor for you. There are not enough good things I can say about Eric and his work. His photography speaks for itself. His shots are creative and beautiful. He takes the images that will cause your friends and family to remark how talented your photographer is and what a great choice you made in selecting him. Aside from his professional talent, Eric is a great person to work with. He's incredibly nice and has a good sense of humor making him a joy to work with. He's also quick to respond to your emails and always gets you a sampling of photos the night of your event (engagement session, wedding, etc). I cannot recommend Eric enough.

I plan corporate events for a living, and therefore have worked with more than 25 photographers within my career. Eric is a complete professional, and the possibly the best I have had the pleasure of working with. He was able to provide an unbelievable collection of photographs of my wedding day that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

My recommendation is that you can spend a lot of money on extras for a wedding. With my wedding I am so glad spent the money and I chose to partner with Eric!

Amanda · Married on 11/07/2014

My friend mary told me about Eric when i was looking for a photographer, i had already been looking online and went to a bride show that had a bunch of vendors so when she told me about him and that i needed to like him up i honestly was thinking how good could he really be... and then i looked him up and i was speechless. .. his pictures are amazing!!!!! I knew i wanted him to take my wedding pictures. If you want great quality, a unique picture and something that looks so stunning you need to meet Eric! When we met in portsmouth the books he brought so we could see some of his work was simple breath taking and stunning, he was easy to talk to and answered all of our questions (most if the questions were from me) i meet another photographer and i just didn't get a friendly warm feeling from them like i did with Eric and the photos didn't even compare. Working with Eric was so easy, a person i never had to worry about whether he would show up or if my pictures would come out ok i just knew everything would be ok!

Thank you Eric for being my photographer! You were great and i look forward to seeing more pictures :)

Lindsay · Married on 09/20/2014

I found Eric pretty randomly as I searched for photographers who had shot at my venue (Wentworth by the Sea in New Castle, NH) previously. I'm so happy I took a chance on an unknown. Eric is amazing. He is so easy going but a total professional. He is creative and thoughtful in his photography and the outcomes are stunning--especially his sunset photos! I've only seen a sampling so far but I am beyond happy with my wedding photos!

Nick · Married on 09/06/2014

Eric could not have made the process more easy. We had an email from him at 2 o'clock in the morning the night of our wedding and were able to wake up on the day after our wedding to some preliminary photographs! Eric was extremely responsive and fielded all of our incessant questions with patience and in a timely manner. His work is amazing and speaks for itself! He has a unique vision when taking photographs and captures candid shots better than anyone I've ever seen. We honestly can't say enough about how much we enjoyed working with him and with the results of the photos he provided us.

Scott · Married on 05/31/2014

From the moment we met Eric at our engagement shoot, we knew we picked the right man for the job. We never felt rushed and Eric went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied and got all the shots we wanted. Eric's unique background as an outdoorsman photographer brought a unique twist to our pictures that I don't believe we would have had otherwise. He truly captured the beauty of nature and is a genius with light. He was fun, quirky, and minimalistic in his approach to both our engagement shoot and big day. We have not stopped receiving compliments on our photos and have them proudly displayed around our house. Eric, thank you for your efforts and for making our day everlasting!

Ashley · Married on 05/15/2014

Eric takes the most extraordinary photos. He is efficient, professional, and makes you completely confortable! We loved every minute working with him. He sends you a quick sneak peak of a few photos right away to hold you over, and then sends you an exceptional number of pictures of your event. He will be our photographer for life!

Megan · Married on 08/11/2013

My husband and I were beyond pleased with Eric and the service he provided us all the way up to our wedding day. We first fell in love with his artistic style online, and were then pleasantly surprised by his reasonable pricing and down-to-earth approach and personality. Eric was wonderful to work with- he listened to us, worked with us, and delivered on every point possible. His non-intrusive, laid back, and positive presence on the wedding day was greatly appreciated! We would recommend Eric's talent to anyone (and we certainly have!). Thanks again Eric for preserving the memories of our wedding day just as we had envisioned and hope for!!

Michelle · Married on 08/10/2013

When we first reached out to Eric about photographing our wedding, he was incredibly responsive and upfront about what he could offer us. He also sent us a bottle of wine as a thank you for hiring him, which we loved. On the day of our wedding, Eric was punctual and professional, and he really took some amazing, innovative photographs. He also respected our request for mostly candid shots, and he got some incredible ones. My husband and I, plus all of our family and friends, were honestly blown away by the photos Eric took and the work that he did. I highly recommend him for any of your wedding photography needs!

Chelsey · Married on 08/03/2013

Eric was absolutely FANTASTIC! We could not have been happier with our photos from the wedding, they are amazing! He was a lot of fun to work with on our wedding day and truly went above and beyond to get the perfect shot. Our guests were very impressed with his professionalism throughout the ceremony and reception. He was always there when you needed him, but was never in the way! If we could give Eric 10 stars, we would and would recommend his services to anyone in a heartbeat. If you're thinking of booking him for your wedding, just do it right now!