Epicurean Delight Catering Inc. Reviews

14 | Tunkhannock, PA

14 Reviews for Epicurean Delight Catering Inc.

• Emily

Jerry · Married on 10/26/2019

WOW FACTOR ~ Amazing staff, delectable meals, lovingly prepared with an amazing presentation

There's not a lot that we can say about Epicurean Delight that hasn't already been captured in their existing reviews. They create mouthwatering delectable meals, lovingly prepared, with an amazing presentation that will have you and guests saying "wow" for all the right reasons. We knew from our first tasting that we could trust the Epicurean Delight team to create a unique custom menu for our wedding and all throughout they were an absolute delight to work with. Our tasting was personal and intimate, not at all rushed. We got to try a variety of appetizers and entrees, all of with unique tastes and flavors that exceeded our wildest expectations. We were so excited to work with Epicurean that aside from our reception dinner, we also trusted them with our rehearsal dinner, bar tending, and even our wedding cake! If you are looking for a truly unique menu that will have you and your guests reminiscing long after your wedding, we promise you won't be disappointed with Epicurean Delight.

On a personal note - The quality of the food, professionalism, responsiveness aside - we wanted to share something that in the grand scheme of things was probably a very small gesture but was one of the most important moments of our wedding day. The groom's late grandmother had a fig tree outside of her house in New York, and much of her family would be present at the wedding. We had thought it'd be symbolic to garnish our wedding cake with figs. We shared some inspirational photos with Epicurean Delight, and while they were excited to create the chocolate drip and the gold leaf, they warned that figs may be difficult because they are usually out of season in the winter.

When we saw our cake for the first time, it was absolutely beautiful. Then we noticed, there on top, a beautiful fig. Then more figs scattered about. They were able to accommodate this and it made for such a special moment on our wedding day that we will always cherish. Thank you Epicurean Delight.

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/15/2019

10/10 Recommend!!

My husband and I are so incredibly thankful for the staff at Epicurean for being such a huge part of our amazing wedding day! Our guests were constantly coming up to us raving about how wonderful the food was. Usually, the bride and groom don’t eat much food on their wedding day, I think we were the exception! The staff was phenomenal in making sure we were taken care of, we got a little bit of every single part of the food spread, including the appetizers. The way the food was presented and laid out was absolutely beautiful and the cake itself was just as pretty as it was delicious! Carla and her team were so easy to talk to and plan with, I would recommend Epicurean to everyone! Thank you again so much for making our day even that much more meaningful💕

Sent on 07/19/2019

Epicurean Delight Catering Inc.'s reply:

Kelly,
    Thanks so much for choosing us to make your day special. We loved being a part of your day. All of your guests were so nice and we really enjoyed making everyone smile.
    Carla

Kelsey · Married on 06/08/2019

Unbelievably delicious

This review is not going to do Epicurean Delights justice. Carla deserves an endless amount of praise for my frequent emails with questions and changes throughout our wedding planning. We actually did two tasting because we made changes to our menu, which she accommodated graciously. From the first tasting with our family, however, we knew we made the right decision with this vendor. Carla is such a kind person and so professional. Food is arguably one of the most important things to me, so I knew I wanted the best whatever the cost. To say Epicurean Delights delivered is an understatement. From the fruit-infused water before the ceremony to our absolutely amazing hors d'oeuvres to our out-of-this-world dinner. If I had a dime for every food compliment we received during our wedding, we would be a very rich couple. Words cannot describe how amazing it was - even for our pickiest guests! Epicurean also accommodated our children guests and our one vegan guest by giving her a special salad and meal, which meant a lot to us. However, the actual taste of the food is only one part of my praise. The service provided the day of the wedding was also absolutely unbelievable. Every one of our needs were catered to, including one of the wait staff bringing me a personal platter of the appetizers as requested by one of my bridesmaids and a special boxed up meal for both my husband and I because we did not have a chance to finish our dinners. The same goes for our bartenders who worked so hard for our guests all night. Every aspect of this company is perfection and allowed for one of the most memorable parts of my wedding. THANK YOU, EPICUREAN AND CARLA! I cannot say that enough.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Epicurean Delight Catering Inc.'s reply:

Kelsey,
    Thank you so much! You made me cry as I was reading this. It fills my heart with such joy when we receive letters like this. My team works so hard and they deserve accolades. It was our pleasure to make sure you had a great day with no worries.
    Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.
    Lots of love
    Carla

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2017

Epicurean Delight exceeded all of our expectations. Their level of professionalism is admirable and their food is just down right delicious. Walking into the first tasting, all of my concerns regarding the food for our wedding disappeared. I immediately knew that everything was going to taste great and look fabulous. Carla and Cliff worked with all of our crazy ideas and made sure we had a menu from start to finish that we loved. The day of our wedding could not have gone smoother. Their staff was wonderful, accommodating, and very personable. Our guests still cannot stop talking about how much they loved the food. In fact, the day after our wedding we asked our flower girl (age 6) what her favorite part of the wedding was. Her response was, “the Caesar salad.” Our cake, baked and designed by Sarah, was an absolute showstopper. It was a pleasure working with the amazing team at Epicurean Delight and I would highly recommend them for any event….. and the mini Philly Cheesesteak sliders; words cannot describe how good they really are!

Sent on 11/29/2017

John · Married on 07/15/2017

My spouse and I are from New York City, one of the culinary capitals of the world, so we're no strangers to good food. But we were still floored at how delicious Epicurean's food was - it is seriously like a four-star restaurant's. We knew Epicurean Delight was the caterer for our wedding the minute we tasted their salmon, but everything they make is delicious. Our guests were raving about the food and did so for weeks after the wedding. The staff was incredibly accommodating and simply a joy to work with. Can't recommend highly enough!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Kristin · Married on 07/04/2015

I normally don't write reviews but Epicurean Delight deserves the 5 stars! My guests continue to rave about the quality (and quantity!) of the food. Many have said it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The desert table was nothing short of amazing. In the days leading up to the wedding, Epicurean Delight was very responsive to any questions and concerns. They are true professionals who are extremely meticulous. HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking to wow their guests with great food!

Sent on 10/21/2015

The food at my wedding by epicurean delight was absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! So amazing. My husband and I and our guests could not have been more pleased with the quality, the display and the service. TOP TOP NOTCH!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Epicurean Delight catered my wedding this past weekend and did an amazing job! Carla and Cliff were so great to work with. They were extremely helpful during the entire planning process, and the day went off without a hitch! All of the servers and bartenders were professional and prompt. I highly recommend them and hope to use them for all future catering needs. Such a job well done, worth every penny!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Manda · Married on 06/09/2012

This is the best food we have ever tasted. You will be blown away by the delicious taste and creative setup. Absolutely amazing.. Its been two months since our wedding and we are still getting compliments on how wonderful the food was. The strip steak and crab cakes are out of this world..The Wedding Cake, OMG to die for, melts in your mouth!!!! You will not be disappointed. Carla is a Gem and her staff is so sweet! Truly The Best and cannot be out done... We chose the Best and Are We Ever Happy!!!!!

Sent on 08/15/2012
  • Marguerite

Marguerite · Married on 09/03/2011

This company is 100% professional and took care of EVERYTHING food-related for our wedding day!!! The food was excellent, they did not complain about our somewhat hard-to-reach location; up a steep hill, in a field. All food was made on-location with fresh, local ingredients. And their presentation is outstanding.

We tasted many items at our initial meeting (before we even booked them) at their Tunkhannock, PA, location, and the tasting was like a 5-course meal! Once booked, we were in touch leading up to the event, but they did not bother us with EVERY little decision, which we appreciated. They suggested many hot, passed appetizers (6, I think), which we did NOT end up going with. Having 2 cold appetizers was just fine for our guests, and was a good way for us to cut costs. We had their crudite platter and fruit kabobs; both delicious.

This company needed our final count only the week before our event. We asked for a few services to be added the week before and that was no problem. Although at the higher end of our price range for our catering budget; WORTH every penny!! Many guests have commented on how wonderful the food was, better than the usual "wedding food!"

Sent on 09/20/2011

Kirsten · Married on 06/16/2018

Carla and Cliff were Epicurean DELIGHTFUL for our wedding last weekend! Our contract started with just a handshake last year and ended with a hug last weekend. Our guests were blown away by their amazing food! We then got to tell them that it was all made out of a truck and that our kitchen wasn't even touched! Their staff was professional, punctual and pulled off everything flawlessly! The presentation of their food was incredible and everyone commented on how it was the best wedding food they ever had (and we have some foodies in our group!) We were honored to have Cliff and Carla cater our entire weekend and will be highly recommending them to anyone having an event in our area. Thank you Carla, Cliff and team for an amazing experience! Ps: if you have an event where you need restrooms, they also have restroom trailers for hire that are out-of-this-world nice...didn't think I'd ever say that about a restroom but it's true! Eros Restroom Trailers!

Sent on 06/24/2018

caitlin · Married on 09/04/2016

The food was fantastic! All our wedding guests raved about it. They had plenty of staff to accommodate serving plated dinners to our 180 guests. All of their servers and bartenders were super nice, professional and accommodating. The wedding cake and cupcakes were the best! They were so much better than other bakeries that we tried.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Melanie · Married on 06/23/2012

Three words: Mashed. Potato. Bar. Perhaps you think that mashed potatoes aren't erudite enough for your wedding? Think again, brides, about the humble spuds. Epicurean did a phenom 10-foot mashed potato bar that the guests talked about for weeks--and it pleased both the snobby foodies and the meat-and-potatoes (wink, wink) crowd.

I am being unfair about the rest of the food, of course. Honestly, everyone loved everything. As the bride, I never got to the cheese display--which at most weddings is more of a diversion from the booze than a focus of its own--but apparently ours was a huge hit. We also had passed hors d'oeuvres--all excellent, with the biggest praise going to the grilled shrimp. (I personally would stock my freezer with a gross of the spring rolls......ermagerd, best ever.)

We had other stations that included chicken francaise, carved skirt steak, a pasta bar and caesar salads. It was all excellent, plus their presentation is first-rate. Their servers and bartenders are friendly, polite and VERY accommodating.

Epicurean is one of the pricier off-site catering options, but well worth it! They are a first-class operation. They also worked with us to get the per-person price within our budget. If you are having your wedding at a venue that does not provide catering.....call Epicurean....go for a tasting and get a quote.

Sent on 07/08/2012

Cristina · Married on 09/20/2014

3.0

To say that Epicurean Delight does amazing wedding food is putting it too lightly. The do amazing food...period. I would expect this quality at a 5-star restaurant. It is that delicious. Every single one of my guests raved about everything they ate from the hor d'oevres to the entrees (we did a seated dinner).

Not only is the food great, but they are super flexible as well. They swapped out items with no issue and were accommodating when I had last minute cancellations. The only thing I will say is that they are a little slow on responding to emails, but the food makes up for it :)

Sent on 10/01/2014