Epic Events Catering Reviews

26 Reviews for Epic Events Catering

• Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/21/2019

Best food ever!

EPIC has the most wonderful menu and THE BEST FOOD! We loved their food so much that we catered the rehearsal dinner / Welcome Party (fajita taco bar), wedding day snacks for bridesmaids and groomsmen (pinwheels and sandwhiches), and wedding through them. Our wedding menu was phenomenal! We had four passed hors d'oeuvres and the hummus platter and charcuterie board set up on a table during the cocktail hour. We also had salad, mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, vegetable ratatouille, asparagus, the pecan trout, and prime rib carving station for the Main Course. Everyone raved about the food. The service was also good and we hired additional servers through EPIC. I highly recommend this caterer! Karl is awesome.

Sent on 11/03/2019

Karen Trupp · Married on 04/06/2019

Epic is Epic!!

Epic Events was AMAZING! I was a little scared when my PLANNER changed right before my wedding but Kendall saved the day! She was professional and knew what she was doing. I'm sooo glad she was there! The food from Chef Aaron was Delicious and the Staff was superb. People are still giving us complements! The company has gone through some changes but they have a great team now! I totally recommend Epic Events!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Thank you so much for your review!
    It was a great pleasure serving your family and friends. You looked amazing and I appreciate you for putting your trust in Epic Events. The entire staff was committed to making your Day Special and it showed! Again Thanks!

Barbara · Married on 06/09/2018

I have never had wedding food as delicious as what Tony and his team prepared for my daughters wedding! Our guests were amazed at how wonderful the food and wedding cake were--we had compliments all night! The staff was so responsive, attentive and courteous to everyone as well. We could not be happier with our experience with Epic Events!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Soraia · Married on 03/24/2018

Candace did a MAGNIFICENT job at my daughter's wedding on March 24th, 2018 - Tatiana and Rocco' wedding at Pier 66, in Fort Lauderdale. She was PERFECT! A pleasure to work with, detailed oriented, the day went flawless. I am serious, look no further, hire So EPIC Events and you will be so happy! Candace is kind, she gets back to you immediately via email, text message, phone, she is on top of everything! Next time I will hire So EPIC Events for the entire wedding coordination! 5 stars plus, plus, plus! From our hearts dear Candace, THANK YOU!!! ♥ :)

Sent on 03/28/2018

Jane · Married on 10/20/2017

Tony, Tippa, and Chef Katherine-The food was AMAZING for our wedding!!!! Every single guest was beyond ecstatic at how delicious everything turned out!!! Several were very sorry that they weren't able to eat more of the appetizers!! The set up, presentation, and flavor of the food was fabulous!! Half the time, I wasn't able to articulate exactly what I was wanting (no theme for our wedding), but Chef Katherine was able to guide me and help me decide on the perfect meal!! PHENOMENAL!!!!!! Seriously, my new husband and I are very particular about how vegetables are cooked and the broccollini was cooked to PERFECTION!!!! Of course, the goat cheese stuffed chicken, beef kabobs, and appetizers were amazing as well! Kinda wish I could afford to have Chef Katherine as my personal chef!!! Epic was able to deliver exactly what we were wanting for our wedding and I would highly recommend them to anyone (no matter the type/style/ethnicity of the cuisine)-Epic can and WILL deliver!!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Alison · Married on 06/10/2017

Karl & Ellen were amazing to work with, and their food is amazingly delicious! They are also very cool people, so that's a plus, too. Will to work with us and create our dream menu, and they use quality ingredients. This was the best choice I made in terms of vendors. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/08/2016

I was a little nervous at first to spend the extra money on this catering company, but it turned out to be one of the best decisions we made. Everyone that we worked with (especially Tony) were very responsive and accommodating to our every request. I was so at ease on the day of the wedding and everything ran smoothly. They took care of so many of the little things that I had nothing to worry about on the day of. All of our guests raved about the food, especially the Manchego cheese fritters and fried chicken. Highly recommend this company.

Sent on 10/29/2016

Absolutely Exceptional! Tony, Chef Adam and Tippa were professional, kind and gracious and so devoted to making our wedding a dream come true. They made the planning and tasting so much fun and they were a joy to work with. Their servers were excellent, the food presentation so beautiful and the appetizers, and dinner absolutely delicious! The wedding cake was a masterpiece too. They are the epitome of quality, and the best caterer I have ever worked with. I would rate Epic events a 20/10 if I could!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Melissa · Married on 05/14/2016

Epic Events catered our wedding a few weeks ago, and we heard from MANY guests that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! If you are looking for something a little different, absolutely delicious, and very memorable, you won't be disappointed with Epic! They do a style of service called Russing family style that I had never heard of before-- the sides are on the table family style, and servers come around with the entree items on large platters and serve each person. They keep coming around, too, so everyone can have as much of everything as they want! This was the best of both buffet and seated dinner to me, and the quality of food was top notch! I wish they could cater every wedding that I attend! They were also so flexible during the planning process, and were happy to help make my vision come to life. Could not have been happier with Epic!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Brandy · Married on 05/07/2016

From the first moment that we met Tony at Epic Catering, we knew we had found what we were looking for. He was so helpful with ideas and suggestions but committed to making our wedding just what we wanted. During the tasting, we had a hard time choosing because everything was so delicious! We wanted something more formal than a buffet, but less formal than a plated meal and he said they could do something they call Russian Family Style which was perfect! Everyone was served a plated salad and then all of the sides were in bowls on the tables and they were replenished. Then the servers came around with plated meats for people to choose from. We have gotten so many positive comments about it. People have been raving about the food for weeks now, saying that it tasted like a dinner from an elegant restaurant, not at all like wedding food! We got our cake through Metrotainment Bakery, a sister company of Epic Catering and it was remarkable as well. We wish we could do our wedding over every weekend just for the food!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Laura · Married on 11/07/2015

"Best wedding food ever." This was all I heard after the dinner. Epic really is Epic. Tony was a pleasure to work with. He went above and beyond to make our day special. We had a rain probably which made us have to change the table arrangements. He handled the last minute switches with the linens. He made sure everything was perfect. He also provides the wedding cake. I meet with them to create a beautiful delicious cake. Tony and my venue have a great working relationship which made it even more easy on me. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Kelly · Married on 05/23/2015

Absolutely love Epic Catering and all their people! Tony, Tippa and Adam are amazing. I would eat our dinner over and over again if I could! Guest after guest raved about everything from the appetizers (The Manchego cheese fritters with spiced honey are to die for!) to the entree (Filet with blue cheese, Adam's famous Fried Chicken and rack of Lamb) to the desserts....not to mention the amazing cake done by their bakery Metrotainment Bakery...a lemon zinger (lemon cake and lemon icing with raspberry filling!! - thanks Suli!!). I love cooking and would die for a recipe book of what we had. I can't thank them enough!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Lyn · Married on 04/10/2015

Loved using Epic Events. Tony Albertini was wonderful in helping us choose menu options and giving us tastings and feedback. Even when changing things up within the last couple of months was easy.
    The food was so good and there was plenty of it, no one left hungry. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Margaret · Married on 04/04/2015

Epic Events Catering was recommended to us by our wedding venue's estate manager. Tony, Chef Adam, and the team are absolutely the best in the business and they are fantastic and fun to work with. They helped us to stay in our budget and created the perfect menu for our 100 person guest list. My husband and I are pretty simple and went with passed hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour and a BBQ and taco station for dinner. In addition to our FREE wedding cake through Metrotainment Bakery, we also had a dessert bar with a variety of desserts. What I liked most about working with Tony was his honesty and commitment in provided the highest quality of service to us. I highly recommend Epic Events Catering, you won't regret it their service or tasty food!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Most amazing food ever!!!! Everyone told us how good it was. They were on time with everything and made sure that we didn't have to stress at all. They worked with all our special requests and it was the best.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Chelsea · Married on 10/03/2014

Epic was the perfect choice for our wedding. They were flexible and willing to work with our budget. They even gave us a free wedding cake! On our wedding day, we did not get to eat our yummy appetizers, so they dropped us fresh appetizers for us. This is quality service. A must-have for ANY event.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Angela · Married on 08/24/2013

Did a great job. Easy to work with and very good pricing. The food was fabulous.

Sent on 09/02/2013

Epic Events Catering's reply:

Thank you Angela! You were a pleasure to work with as well!

David · Married on 07/27/2013

We really could not say enough good things about Romy and Epic Events. They listened carefully to the kind of food we wanted (fresh, local, farm-to-table, delicately seasoned) and gave us a complimentary tasting. The food at the tasting was amazing, and very representative of the food they served at the wedding reception. Both Romy and Adam (the head chef) came out to the wedding venue (a friend's house) to come up with a strategy for prep, serving, drinks, etc. They seemed eager and passionate about the food and the decor, and seemed to take great pride in crafting an experience that our guests would appreciate and remember. They responded willingly when we wanted to tweak a couple of things on their suggested menu. They worked very well with our "day-of" coordinator. Our wedding and reception (both in the same place) were flawless, and our guests raved about the food and the serving staff. All in all, I would say they were a key part of a day that is already an amazing memory for us, and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Cindy · Married on 05/25/2013

We were extremely pleased with our choice to use Epic Events. They were a pleasure to work with every step of the way. Romy was very responsive and professional. The food was amazing. Everyone enjoyed the meal. Some guests even commented that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding.

I described to them the menu I wanted to serve. Between Romy and their Chef, it translated in an incredible meal. I was a little dubious at the restaurant tasting because the food was so good. I was concerned whether they would be able to do as good a job at an Art Gallery (where our event was being held). I have to say the food preparation was just as good as when he prepared it in a commercial kitchen.

What also made them VERY unique is that they grill and fry (spring rolls) ONSITE. Food quality was amazing as a result. They also were very open to me specifying brands of things I wanted to serve (Mochi Balls, Pellegrino, etc...) without charging me ridiculous fees.

Romi also took care of ordering my cake from Metrotainment Bakeries. It was awesome, I just described to her over the phone what I wanted and it turned out perfectly. Didn't even have to spend time combing for pictures on the internet.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Epic Events Catering's reply:

That was a lovely and intimate wedding. Thank you for letting us be a part of it!

Linda · Married on 10/06/2012

Epic Events rolled out the red carpet for us from the beginning of planning our big day. The service, staff and above all, the food was amazing.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Rebecca · Married on 07/27/2013

I loved working with Epic Events! Romy and Adam helped make my wedding day special without a lot of work. They both understood my desire to create a casual, fun event and were flexible and creative with planning. Making an outdoor July wedding in Georgia work is no easy task! Epic Events brought in everything that was needed to turn the front and back yard into a beautiful place to enjoy my guests and the food. I will say, I wish I had eaten more of everything because it was all delicious!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Epic Events Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Rebecca! What a beautiful wedding. All our best to you and David!
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/02/2018

Simply Epic!

Epic Events catered our wedding and we were very happy with every aspect. The food was delicious and numerous guests raved about it before the end of the night. The service was excellent and truly turnkey. Zhana was our point of contact and she was very responsive, professional and sweet. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Thank you so much for your review!
    It was a great pleasure serving you. Your wedding was absolutely stunning and entire Epic staff is thanking you for your kindness.
    Zhana Pesa
    Epic Events
  • Meghann

Meghann · Married on 10/12/2013

Guests are still telling us how amazing the food was at our wedding!

Epic Events was the first catering company I spoke with when we started planning. We interviewed several others, but Romy made the decision VERY easy! I was amazed at the proposal we received after our very first conversation -- it was obvious Romy had listened intently to our ideas and did a great job of filling in the blanks of areas we weren't sure on. The menu Romy and Chef Adam put together was absolutely perfect, and came together beautifully the day-of. When we asked to do plated entrees with family-style sides, they didn't bat an eye, and the presentation and execution of the service was perfect.

From the passed starters to a delicious late night snack and "to go" cake, the food and service were just amazing and were clearly personalized for our event. I am so thankful we found Epic Events and for all the hard work Romy, Chef Adam, and the entire Epic Events team put into our event!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Epic Events Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Meghann! You guys were an absolute pleasure to work with. Congrats!!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/22/2017

Epic was absolutely fantastic at our wedding! They made everything easy because they were so organized and efficient. Every single person I have spoken to from our wedding has raved about the food. I truly appreciated Tony's and Chef Adam's willingness to listen to our vision and ideas before making any suggestions. I also appreciated how they thought about my husband and I throughout the entire wedding night by doing things like saving several appetizers for us to have with dinner. I cannot say enough nice things about them! Please meet with them and see for yourself!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Ashley · Married on 04/20/2019

2.8
      2.0
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

Food was AMAZING but the event planning experience was not very professional and was very stressful.

We had our point of contact/event planner change 3 times throughout the process. The first time, no one contacted us to let us know our planner had left. We had to hear it from another vendor. The 3rd time we were re-assigned anew person it was 2 weeks before our wedding! We had to get this new person up to speed, take them by the venue, AND pay more on top of it! The 3rd event planner we were assigned was very capable and made our day happen seamlessly but she added a lot of costs to our proposal 2 weeks before the wedding which was VERY stressful. In the end our wedding was beautiful and the staff made it happen. The food was amazing. We have friends still raving about the food a month after. I just wish that the planning leading up to the day was more organized.

Sent on 05/08/2019

Thank you so much for your review!
    It was a great pleasure serving you. Your wedding was absolutely stunning and entire Epic staff is thanking you for your patience.
    I understand that the planning process wasn't what we wished, All in all I am glad I was there to help make your Day Special!!