Enlightened Styles Reviews

Enlightened Styles 7
  • Karen

Karen Costa · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Experience

Stephanie and her team did an amazing job. Finding hair and makeup for the wedding was the most stressful for me as a bride. However, after finding Enlightened Styles on Wedding Wire, I knew this was it. Stephanie was very responsive and their Honeybook system makes payment and communication easy.

My trial day was a very rainy day, but for the rest of the day my makeup and hair stayed in place, which was another relief. Stephanie even showed me how my hair piece and veil would complement the hairstyle. All their products are healthy for your hair and they make the makeup! The day of the wedding, Stephanie and one other assistant arrived right on time and even ended up finishing earlier than anticipated. They worked on myself, four bridesmaids, my mother and MIL.

Everyone was very pleased with their end results, especially my mother. Both women were very nice and professional, also being flexible when the mimosas came. I'll definitely recommend them to friends. I'm also going to start using them as my regular hair salon.

Sent on 10/05/2019
    Enlightened Styles 8
    Enlightened Styles 9
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/18/2019

An Amazing Experience!

I had the best experience using Enlightened Styles for my wedding. Stephanie was so sweet and made me look beautiful for the day. It was a hot and humid day and we got hit with a quick bout of rain after our ceremony but my makeup and hair held up! I used them for hair and makeup for myself, wedding party, and my mom and MIL.

They are very responsive and their services and prices are straightforward and they were very helpful when I was deciding what services to book. I had a really great bridal trial with Stephanie and she made me look even more beautiful the day of.

I was amazed how quickly they were able to do my wedding party. There were 10 of us with me and my Mom doing both hair and makeup and everyone else doing either hair or makeup. Four of my bridesmaids did updos and I've been in weddings where the time line got very delayed because of complicated hair and makeup. Not an issue with Enlightened Styles! Each updo was very intricate and they were all done quickly and beautifully and withstood the hot and humid day and night. One of my bridesmaids is getting married next month and she was taking pictures of everyone's hair to get inspiration for her own wedding. I'm sure she would hire Enlightened Styles if she was getting married in the area! The makeup they did was very natural and everyone looked like themselves, just at their most beautiful. This is not always a given when getting your makeup done. Everyone looked so beautiful and there was not one complaint (which is a true accomplishment with 10 women!)

It's important to have good people around you the morning of your wedding and they definitely delivered! Could not recommend them more highly!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Valeria · Married on 09/02/2018

I loved Enlightened Styles they have the best people to work with. Stephanie and Vera did an amazing job at my wedding. With my bridesmaid and my mom and mother in law. Stephanie did an amazing job with my hair and my makeup. I will definitely recommend you guys anyone that would love to do their makeup and hair. Thank you so much for your amazing job.

Sent on 09/08/2018
    Enlightened Styles 10
    Enlightened Styles 11
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 09/01/2018

Enlightened Styles was absolutely amazing! Stephanie did such an amazing job on both my hair and makeup for my wedding. She has such a sweet and calming presence, which is so helpful on the morning of! I did a trial with her about a month or two before where I brought some pictures of looks I liked. In just one attempt she got exactly what I was looking for! I also purchased a hair piece from the salon as well that was so beautiful. On the day of, Stephanie came with an assistant to help with all the bridesmaids hair and makeup as well. They all choose slightly different looks and all came out great!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Pamela · Married on 08/11/2018

Stephanie and her colleagues were the perfect hair & makeup artists for myself and 12 bridesmaids!!! Stephanie is very detail-oriented, organized, and punctual -- which is such a "must" on wedding day. She worked patiently with me through thorough hair and makeup trials so that on the big day it was a breeze, and I looked (and felt) like a princess! Thank you Stephanie!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Hunter · Married on 07/21/2018

Enlightened Styles was fantastic. During my trial, she was very responsive on what I wanted and changed something I was unsure about. She took lots of photos during the trial process to be able to repeat it. The day of the wedding, she came to our venue and did hair and make up on 7 bridesmaids, two moms, a flower girl and me in 5 hours!!! Everyone looked flawless and my hair and makeup stayed for the whole night!

Sent on 07/31/2018
    Enlightened Styles 12

Samantha · Married on 05/19/2018

Seriously have never felt more beautiful in my life! Stephanie is an amazing artist and person and the perfect fit for our wedding day. She was professional, kind, and very talented. I’m very picky about my hair and makeup, but Stephanie was patient and fulfilled every one of my tiny, high-maintance requests! I highly recommend her and enlightened styles for your hair and make up needs.

Sent on 05/31/2018
    Enlightened Styles 13

Stephanie · Married on 04/21/2018

I first met Stephanie at Enlightened Styles for a hair trial. I was amazed at how quickly she was able to do my hair and how she nailed the hairstyle I was looking for to a T. She then put my hair into a different style before I left so my then (fiance now husband) would not see it before the big day! On the wedding day 04.21.18 Stephanie and her assistant came to our venue to do the bridesmaids and my hair. They were quick and efficient and everyone was satisfied with their styles! My makeup artist raved about how well of a job Enlightened Styles did as well and asked for their contact information. She said it was the best hairstyles she has seen at a wedding! Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 04/30/2018
  • soon2beSeg

Kelsey · Married on 04/17/2018

Greer did an amazing job with my hair and makeup for my an engagement photos! She was able to give me a stunning but more natural look for makeup and did a beautiful on my hair! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Nicole · Married on 08/18/2017

Stephanie Young did my hair and makeup for my photo-shoot and for my wedding day, and the results were amazing! She is so talented, and she did exactly what I'd been hoping for! I showed her pictures of what styles and looks I'd been thinking of and she did a wonderful job picking out the style that looked the best on me. She even practiced the braid I wanted to have. She is so reliable and wonderful, I loved the results!

Sent on 04/06/2018
    Enlightened Styles 14
    Enlightened Styles 15
    Enlightened Styles 16
    Enlightened Styles 17
    Enlightened Styles 18

Jacquelyn fit me in on a Sunday to do my hair and makeup for engagement photos, and when my normal stylist couldn't fit me in for a haircut, she did that for me as well! She is amazing and made me look great for my photographs. I have booked her for my wedding and I can't wait to see what she does for that! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Reem · Married on 07/31/2016

Best thing ever!!!
    Working with Jacquelyn in 07/31/2016 were absolutely amazing and fantastic. She did a fantastic job with the hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Jacquelyn was absolutely AMAZING! She was responsive, flexible and extremely easy to talk to. She is located in Warrenton, VA and my Wedding was also in Warrenton, VA. She came to us on site and we didn't have to lift a finger! She brought in all of lights, mirrors and chairs that she needed. After my trail I had some second thoughts on the hair style and the day of the wedding she was able to switch gears to a new style and it was FABULOUS! Her and her assistant did an amazing job on the hair and makeup for my bridesmaids and my adorable flower girl! Everyone looked amazing for our pictures and all of my bridesmaids provided me with great feedback as well! I would highly recommend having Jacquelyn and Enlightened Styles!!!!!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Leslie · Married on 04/09/2016

What an awesome experience! Jacquelyn is a very talented person! I highly recommend her!!
    Thank you for a wonderful wedding day experience ??.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Rachael · Married on 01/31/2016

Very sweet and professional I don't know what id do without them!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Johanna · Married on 12/13/2015

You know it helps when your hair and makeup artist always looks fabulous. I feel like it makes me trust their professional beauty instincts. Well, Jacquelyn always looks fabulous. She has been a colleague in the wedding industry (I am a planner) and a friend for several years. I trust her to make all of my clients look beautiful AND comfortable with the hair and makeup styles that she applies. She is wonderful at asking about styles that her clients like, do they like heavy or more natural makeup,etc... And when it was my turn as the bride, she was no different. She knows that I am pretty specific and that I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted to look like. I love how we worked through the hair and makeup trial together until I was certain that my hair swooped just the right way and that my makeup was just the right amount of dramatic and understated (Ummm, sorry Jacquelyn. I hope I wasn't too awful...).

The wedding day was perfect. Jacquelyn made all of my ladies, each with varying degrees of makeup comfort feel like beautiful, slightly enhanced versions of their already awesome selves. They had a blast. And I have never felt more beautiful than I did that day. Jacquelyn did an amazing job and helped to make me feel like the blushing bride I hoped to be! I recommend her wholeheartedly!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Martha · Married on 11/06/2015

Jacquelyn did a fantastic job and was a pleasure to work with on my wedding day! Not only is she fun, she was on-time, very professional and very easy going when my maid-of-honor needed some changes made to her hair on the day-of. I would highly recommend Enlightened Styles for your wedding day, and for your regular hair color and makeup appointments, as well. Jacquelyn is super!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Sydni · Married on 10/04/2015

I am beyond thrilled with choosing Enlightened Styles for my wedding hair and make-up. On our wedding day, Jacquelyn arrived early to the venue location and was all set up by the time me and my bridesmaids got there. She allowed for plenty of time to do all of our hair and makeup so that we never felt rushed or anxious. The morning would not have been as seamless and enjoyable without her! I am pretty simplistic when it comes to makeup, and Jacquelyn totally understood what I wanted and made me look exactly the way I had envisioned looking for my wedding. I was so pleased. Jacquelyn is a true artist and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Sherrie · Married on 09/19/2015

Jacqueline did such an amazing job. From start to finish, she was nothing but accommodating! During my trial, she made sure to redo my hair so it would different for my engagement photos. She took all of my concerns into consideration and made me look beautiful the day of the wedding. All the bridesmaids looked amazing too. I am so happy I found Jacqueline!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Cortney · Married on 09/12/2015

Jacquelyn and her team were great on the day of our wedding! She arrived 30 minutes early and was set up and ready to go well in advance of our starting time! Jacquelyn was able to capture the exact look I was wanting; all I had to do was show her a picture! My hair and makeup survived all of my tears of joy and numerous hours on the dance floor! Not to mention the makeup looked amazing in in all of our wedding photos. I am so happy I booked Enlightened Styles!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Marirosa · Married on 08/02/2015

Working with Jacqueline was fantastic. From the trial to the day of - she was amazing, focused and wanting to be sure I was happy with how I looked. You made me feel beautiful ---- thank you!
    As a wedding professional photographer myself, I knew that when we decided to have a 20 year vow renewal ceremony we only wanted the best with all of our vendors. I knew that having Jacqueline as part of our day was the only option for us. She started so early in the morning and was simply happy to be there with us. My daughter loved having her hair done and said she felt so pretty!
    Jacqueline - thank you for helping make our day perfect - for making my thoughts a reality.... I cant' say enough wonderful things about Jacqueline and her talent!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Jacquelyn at Enlightened Styles is amazing! She's so much fun to work with and I've enjoyed getting to know her. While I have yet to have my wedding everything leading up to it so far has been such a great experience. I'm not usually someone who enjoys being pampered with getting hair and make up done, but she does such a fabulous job of making you feel as though she's like a long time friend that you forget that she's also handling your hair and make-up. I recently started using her customized make up called Ammoura, using the foundation and lipstick. I absolutely love it. It works great and is reasonably priced as well! She works one on one to make sure the foundation matches your skin tone and for someone with sensitive skin I find that this foundation has actually been helping my skin and has started looking fresher and less irritated.

If you have the chance to check out Enlightened Styles I would highly recommend it!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/27/2015

I loved working with Jacquelyn! She really worked with me on what I wanted for both my makeup and hair for my wedding! When I did my consultation with her, we talked through different styles I liked and she did everything step by step to make sure I was happy with how both my hair and make up turned out! On the day of my wedding she made the whole experience very comfortable and very stress free! I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Loretta · Married on 01/01/2015

FINALLY FOUND THE ANSWER! I have searched most of my adult life for a foundation that not only covers my red-faced Rosacea but is also non-irritating for my super sensitive skin. I’ve tried everything under the sun!! Layers of cover-up so thick you want to peel it off, burning skin – even with hypo-allergenic and all natural ingredients.

I was asked to try Ammoura custom made foundation and figured why not? Thinking this won’t work either…. Well, to my pleasant surprise my Rosacea is not only invisible but I feel like I’m not wearing ANY foundation at all. No heaviness, no irritation, no sign of redness – NONE! I’m hooked.

Truly though, I am so grateful to Jacquelyn for working with me to solve this daily dilemma. I have replaced three products, (I had to layer on to cover my condition) with one bottle of Ammoura made just for me!

Thank you , thank you, thank you.

Loretta Sawatis
    Owner, Corporate Order
    CorporateOrder.org

Sent on 02/03/2015

Sean · Married on 11/08/2014

Jacquelyn was easy to work with, personable and talented. She made sure that as she worked that you were comfortable with the direction the look was taking, which was a huge plus. Her work doesn't overwhelm your natural look, she works hard to keep you "looking like you" and I got a ton of compliments on how I looked. Definitely recommend Enlightened Styles!

Sent on 11/23/2014