11 Reviews for Enfield Shaker Museum

Dance Floor (1)
Furniture (1)
Lighting (1)
11 Enfield Shaker Museum Reviews

I am so grateful that we chose the Enfield Shaker Museum for our wedding. There are many reasons why: 1) The support provided by the museum's event coordinator, Anna; 2) The ability to have many of our guests stay with us onsite, which was incredibly special; 3) The beautiful and historic buildings that also happen to look amazing in photos; 4) The flexibility to choose our own vendors; 5) The fact that linens/tables/chairs/dinnerware are included if you rent the Great Stone Hall; 5) The opportunity to support a fantastic nonprofit with an important mission. Our friends and family loved the location, and one memory that I will remember for the rest of my life was walking through the hallways at night and seeing my dearest friends and family mingling, talking, and getting to know each other after the party ended--made possible because of the overnight rooms. Anna is very knowledgeable and experienced, and she worked incredibly hard behind the scenes to keep everything running smoothly so we didn't need to stress. At one point, the caterer unexpectedly took away the water station and Anna saved the day by getting more water so we could keep dancing. She was also an invaluable resource during the planning process. I highly recommend the Shaker Museum as a wedding venue!

Profile Picture Meg, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married at the Shaker Museum May 2017---what a wonderful experience! We opted for a budget friendly wedding and decided to keep the guest list small (

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved this fall venue. It's rustic charm with plenty of space for all of our guests, access to a full kitchen, and GORGEOUS grounds make this place such an amazing place to have a Wedding! Our wedding coordinator was so helpful and responsive. Everything was so affordable but we didn't feel like we had to sacrifice anything. We had our dream wedding!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Enfield Shaker Museum was more PERFECT than I even first thought. The Shaker Museum is a hidden gem. My fiance and I wanted a wedding that blended elegance and comfort, while staying true to our New Hampshire home. The museum is this place. The grounds are gorgeous, well taken care of and the buildings are classically New England, beautiful and feel like home. We met the coordinator, Anna, and were right away impressed by her flexibility and assistance. She listened and asked about us and was responsive every step of the way. We had our ceremony in the Stone Mill, it was absolutely gorgeous. The exposed stone, beams and beautiful lights stunned everyone. We then had a cocktail hour in the Dining Room and the reception upstairs in the meeting room (both in the Great Stone Dwelling). The entire building is beams and wood floors making it charming and warm. It was easy to decorate and they were so open to anything we wanted! After the party, everyone absolutely loved the rooms, not only are they spectacular, clean and comfy, but it was one of the highlights to have a hotel full of people you know! All along we were happy. The museum provides so, so, so much for the money! For the same amount as some tent rentals we had a gorgeous, unique and inclusive venue. We didn't have to worry about chairs, tables, silverware, plates, linens, bar services, coordination and more. The little details were taken care of so we could come decorate and celebrate! We had so many compliments and tons of people asking where we had found the place! The Enfield Shaker Museum was perfect, I wouldn't change anything and would recommend it to anyone looking to plan a wedding. I promise you will fall in love!

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Buffet, Outside Cake

The Enfield Shaker Museum may not seem like the kind of place you'd have a wedding at first glance, but the charm of the buildings and the area make it a perfect spot. We used the Stone Mill as our reception spot and were married outside on the beautiful grounds. Both were gorgeous and perfectly fit the style we were hoping for from our big day. The event manager, Anna, is wonderful to work with. She's flexible with requests and committed to making your event special. She went above and beyond to create a beautiful day for my husband and I. Another benefit of this site is the availability of overnight rooms right in the main building. The room my husband and I stayed in was large and was perfect for my bridal party to get ready in. The guests loved being able to stay right on site and I loved not having to worry about providing transportation to a hotel. Although their website is a little difficult to look at, I highly recommend stopping into the museum to see it's beauty first hand and talk to Anna about having your next event at the Enfield Shaker Museum.

Profile Picture Nenia, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here in November of 2013. It couldn't have been a more perfect setting. We had our ceremony in the Stone Mill and the cocktail hour and the reception in the Great Stone Dwelling. There are so many things that made this a great day. Vreni Gust helped get us in touch with local vendors and was very responsive to all our questions. There were rooms on site in the Stone Dwelling where many of our guests stayed. And the setting was breathtaking. It was reasonably priced and was exactly what we both had envisioned. We had roughly 75 guests. Highly recommend for a small, intimate New Hampshire wedding.

Profile Picture Michael, 11/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our recent wedding at the Enfield Shaker Museum and couldn't be happier with our choice! The location far exceeded our expectations and provided the perfect backdrop to our wedding. We love that all our bridal party and close family were able to stay onsite for the weekend. Our ceremony was in the chapel with its beautiful stained glass window and marble alter and spectacular organ. We hosted our cocktail hour in the Old Stone Mill with twinkling lights and rustic granite walls. The reception was in the Great Stone Dwelling - the Shaker details were simple and the perfect complement to our DIY decorations. Anna, onsite coordinator, was great to work with and very responsive to our needs and requests. The Shaker Museum was perfect for our wedding and I would recommend to future brides looking for a place with natural character that you can make your own!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Carrie, 11/1/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved having our wedding at the museum! As someone who works at a nonprofit, I loved that the money we were spending was going to a museum. Anna was great to work with, very laid back and flexible. It was great to have the rooms at the museum available for our out-of-town family and bridal party to keep everyone and everything in one place.

Profile Picture Sandra, 9/3/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables

It has almost been a year since we celebrated our wedding day at the Shaker Museum and I have the most fond memories from our wedding weekend spent there-- Columbus Day weekend 2016. The venue is absolutely beautiful and came highly recommended by my photographer Kristy Burrell of Bethel, VT. B&W Catering of Hanover catered our event and it was a delicious buffet menu. With the stunning foliage that weekend, the venue was a magical setting for our traveling guests to stay the entire weekend. Everything ran smoothly from our ceremony at the Mary Keane Chapel to crossing the road for our reception celebration at the gorgeous Stone Mill (this building is a work of art on its own and barely needs any extra decoration--truly magnificent stonework!). Our band, The Johnson Brothers from Boston played into the night in the Stone Mill and it was perfect! Since I didn't have a wedding planner, I consulted with the Event Coordinator, Anna Guenther on so many occasions and she helped me along the way. She accommodated the whims and desires of my wedding weekend expectations--even to ringing the Great Stone Dwelling bells at the recessional of our ceremony! So very grateful for her attention to the details. I would recommend this venue to my near and dear friends, it's wonderful.

Profile Picture Tessa, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

LOVED LOVED LOVED our September 2015 wedding at the shaker museum. The Mary Keane Chapel is so beautiful and we loved having our ceramony there. The amazing stained glass is just beautiful and to be able to have the organ played gave us chills as it was just perfect. It was nice to be able to have family and friends spend the night and really made it a full night of celebrating. Anna the events coordinator was completely on point the night before and during our day. Any minor issue that would come up she was right on it. She treated us like royalty on our day. We would not have wanted our wedding at any other location. Beyond happy with our choice and memories made here.

Profile Picture Tammy, 9/19/15, 5 Reviews