Encore Events Reviews

414 | Rochester, NY

414 Reviews for Encore Events

Kaci S. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Will use again!

The entire team at Encore is amazing. Everything you could ask for - responsive, helpful, listen to what you want, but are creative enough to fill in the gaps of what you don't know you want! I have recommended them to everyone I know.

Sent on 02/10/2021

Samantha F. · Getting married on 07/09/2021

Epic experience

Everyone was so helpful and truly engaged in making your vision come true, start to finish!

Sent on 10/01/2020

Jenna C. · Getting married on 03/08/2021

they were awesome

During these hard times encore was amazing and did all they could do to make our day as perfect as it could be!

Sent on 08/21/2020
  • Christina

Christina W. · Married on 02/11/2021

fun.amazing.highly recommend

I don't know where to begin! Our wedding journey from start to finish was a journey filled with excitement, venue changes, guest count changes, date changes and everything in between. Something that didn't change throughout it all was our experience with Encore. They came highly recommended and they stood out to me immediately as their response time and attentiveness is IMMEDIATE! They value your time, thoughts, concerns and opinions. They're FUN, interactive and caring. We worked specifically with Rich and Mickey and they both made our day one to remember. They listened to me cry, they helped us brainstorm, they gave honest suggestions and feedback and they ROCKED our wedding day. We knew from the start that they would be with us the whole way through and they showed.up by being consistent, adaptable and reliable. THANK YOU

Sent on 11/19/2020
  • Chris

Chris G. · Married on 02/05/2021

Fantastic Service

My fiancé (now wife) and I did a lot of research to narrow down our wedding DJ selection before finally selecting Encore as the best candidate. No other DJ organization or individual DJ in the Rochester area matched Encore’s willingness to accommodate our numerous and specific requests, their clear and quick responses to inquiries about the thousand-and-one details inherent in wedding planning, and the affordability and bang-for-your-buck that was offered in their wedding package. We had multiple meetings with our DJ prior to our big day to ensure that every i was dotted and every t was crossed, and that attention to detail yielded dividends when everything went perfectly smoothly during our fairly unorthodox ceremony (it had some complicated dynamics - lots of song cuts, loops, microphone logistical considerations). After meeting with our DJ we also realized that no song list provided by us could match their ability to simply read the crowd during the reception and adjust the music to keep the party going accordingly, and so we gave him full artistic freedom and we were not disappointed, our dance floor was packed until the absolute end of the night! Our DJ was also an invaluable asset when deciding how to plan our reception celebration, we bounced tons of ideas off of him and ended up adding some really fun elements to the party, such as wedding party member entrances with individual theme songs, which greatly enhanced evening. Finally, we also rented a photobooth from Encore for the reception and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering doing so. The great prop selection and ease of use of the photobooth resulted in a ton of fantastic pictures from our big night! Their Chief Engineer of hype, Mickey, was also extremely helpful in communicating with us about a custom backdrop for the photos, and he ended up using custom elements from our wedding invitation to create a bespoke photobooth picture template for our guests. We could not be happier with Encore’s performance at our wedding, and I have already recommended them to other soon-to-be-married couples we know. If you retain their services for your event, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Devin G. · Married on 01/01/2021

Outstanding Service!

From our initial consultation to our wedding we experienced nothing but the utmost professionalism from everyone at Encore. We had a sudden change of plans and decided to move our wedding up from 1/1/21 to 9/26/20 (thanks COVID!) and the Encore team was able to accommodate our new date.

We worked with DJ Mickey and he was able to modify the song my wife walked down the aisle too and modify the step-mom and son dance with only 2.5 weeks notice. Mickey was just overall fantastic to work with. He walked us through the day of plans to ensure we were all on the same page. During the night Mickey would check on us to see how we were doing and if we needed anything, which is above and beyond what we would’ve expected from our DJ. Mickey kept the dance floor going all night long up until the very last song. Also if anyone had any odd requests or something on our do not play list he would check in and see what we wanted to do. Our guests loved the music and many people commented on how friendly Mickey as well as his assistant were. They helped make our wedding a night we will never forget!

Sent on 09/29/2020

Courtney S. · Married on 10/30/2020

Adam & Mickey were so attentive and awesome vendors!

Adam was so attentive and organized from start to finish! He ran the show and needed little from us the night of. The dance experience was epic and everyone had a blast! We recommend Adam to anyone planning an upcoming event.

Sent on 10/31/2020

Victoria B. · Married on 10/24/2020

The best dj ever

Hi. RUN & BOOK MICKEY RIGHT NOW. First off, Mickey is the coolest person you will ever meet. He’s hilarious, outgoing, very personable, & loves to have fun! Not only did he ensure that Corey & I had a drink in our hands all night as well as checked in to make sure we didn’t need for anything else, but he played the BEST music and remixed the best songs making it impossible not to dance in our seats. When you go to book a DJ service, you expect music & the hype but you don’t expect all out overall service that’s so spectacular it makes you want to cry of happiness. We not only have Mickey as our DJ for next year (we’re ready to party!) but our guests loved Mickey so much that they’ve all asked how they can book him for their events and even if he would travel to Massachusetts for their weddings. Truly the BEST experience and the most awesome person to work with. Thank you Mickey for making our wedding so much fun despite all restrictions and circumstance. We cannot wait to celebrate with you next year! ❤️

Sent on 10/27/2020

Rachel K. · Married on 10/17/2020

October COVID Wedding

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with encore. We had booked them about 15 months before our wedding (pre-COVID). Ultimately, we were one of the few couples who decided to keep our original date and we still had the most perfect day. John from encore was there to help us with our song selections, timeline logistics, and extras like smoke machines. I did not feel stressed on the day-of because I knew John was in close communication with my wedding coordinator. Everything went completely smoothly and I would highly recommend Encore if you want a stress-free, professional, and fun experience for your wedding.

I would also like to add that Mickey from encore did a great job creating our custom logo. I was a bit picky with it and he was able to create the most beautiful and unique logo for one of the walls.

Sent on 12/10/2020

Kyle C. · Married on 10/10/2020

Great flexibility and experience during Covid Pandemic

John and Rich worked with us to adjust everything we had planned during the Pandemic and even streamed/recorded our ceremony via Zoom. John was very well received and liked at our reception and was attuned to all of the music we loved.

Sent on 10/23/2020
  • Amber

Amber H. · Married on 10/10/2020

Best DJ in Rochester!

We met with John Roach in the early stages of wedding planning and realized Encore was the DJ for us. We chose Shane as our DJ and he was amazing while planning, if I text him or emailed him at 11pm he would get back to me almost immediately. Day of our wedding he was amazing, constantly checking on us, bringing me drinks, letting me know if I should eat my dinner or visit with my guests. Shane's assistant Jordan was AMAZING as well, we had so much fun with her! Even through COVID they were able to provide us an amazing wedding event that we will never forget! Thank you Encore!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Josh N. · Married on 10/10/2020

Ray was great...

Our dj Ray Tiano was absolutely the best person and perfect fit we had on our wedding day. With everything in the world going on he was flexible with our ever changing plans that came along with our wedding day. He listened to what we wanted and he always kept us and our guests’ enjoyment as his primary focus the whole day. He was ever the professional and I must say his music was on point and we had multiple guests say he was the best dj they had ever heard. Summarizing it up if I could give Ray more than a 5/5 I would give him way more and my wife and I just want to thank him for making our day so special! Thank you Ray.
    Josh and Meg

Sent on 11/10/2020
  • Emily

Emily H. · Married on 10/09/2020

Top notch services!! Highly recommend!!

We worked closely with Rich, Adam & Mickey while planning our wedding reception. They were always able to answer questions and give advice when needed. They were flexible when needing to change dates and venues due to covid19. We had such an amazing experience with the team and a phenomenal night. From photo booth, to sparklers, to slideshow, to lighting, to the music, everything was exactly as we imagined. We couldn’t have been happier or appreciated them more. Hearing dozens of compliments from our guests in regards to Adam & Mickey was something that solidified we made the best choice possible!!
    Thank you both so much for everything. Thank you for coming to party. Thank you for continuously checking in to assure we were happy. And thank you for all your hard work and passion! It was truly admired by all.
    We 100% recommend Encore to anyone looking for top notch services. Their attention to detail, love for their job, and talent overall made our night extremely fun! Everything was above and beyond our expectations and we couldn’t be happier to see our guests dancing all night long!!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Nicole M. · Married on 10/02/2020

THE BEST. Hands down.

Encore is the best of the best! They were right there every step of the way in planning, offered great advice and helped us make our dream wedding happen. Their execution was impeccable and really paid close attention to the bride and groom and ensured our happiness! John was the best DJ and Mickey was exceptional with our livestream that we added to our package!

Sent on 10/07/2020

Abigail W. · Married on 10/02/2020

Super flexible for our wedding even through pandemic

Encore Events did a wonderful job DJing our wedding. They are very professional and flexible to help us have our wedding after having to change our plans 3 times due to covid. Their online portal is easy to use and our DJ, Shane, and his assistant, Tom, were exactly what we were looking for! So down to earth and wonderful DJs. Thanks guys for helping everything so so smoothly!

Sent on 11/04/2020

Karly M. · Married on 10/01/2020

Thank you encore!

Rich and John were great from start to finish. After my first meeting with John I knew I had to book Encore. While 2020 looked much different than I anticipated, Rich and John were there throughout my wedding transition from 200 people to 20. Rich worked with me to secure a new date for 2021 and assured me that a small ceremony in 2020 would still be great. John was my DJ for my ceremony and was amazing!

Sent on 11/16/2020

Tomasz W. · Married on 09/12/2020

Encore Events

These guys were awesome from start to finish. Having the ability to choose you’re dj after watching them play was a bonus. What was most impressive was how flexible they were, made planning a wedding during a pandemic just a little bit easier, which helped a ton in the long run.

I’d choose them again for another event if I ever needed a DJ service.

Sent on 08/17/2020
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 09/11/2020

Worth every penny!!!

While I don’t recommend planning a wedding in the middle of a pandemic on top of protests and social unrest...if you do, then Encore is who you need by your side.
    John was quick to jump on the phone with us when me and my (now) husband needed a little assurance amid all the restrictions that we’d find a way to make it work. I believe his exact words were “it’ll be like the best night out with friends you’ve ever had”
    He was so right!
    Not only did John DJ what was hands down the best wedding EVER...but before that he sprung into action in crisis when our pastor “lost track of time” to find a back up officiant in case we needed it. Who does that?!?
    Encore was the best decision we could have possibly in our wedding planning process. I can’t begin to thank the entire Encore team for delivering a night better than we could’ve ever imagined. I’d book them again in a heartbeat!
    You get what you pay for...and they were worth every penny!!!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Brandon W. · Married on 09/05/2020

Couldn’t be happier

Highly recommend Encore, they are incredible and work tirelessly to make sure the bride and groom don’t have to

Sent on 09/11/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica P. · Married on 08/29/2020

Incredible every step of the way!

I love every single person that is a part of their team. They helped with anything and everything we needed even after the wedding was over. The amount of joy they feel with you for your day makes it even more memorable. Love you guys!

Sent on 08/31/2020

Gina T. · Married on 08/29/2020

Beyond amazing

4 years ago I was in my cousins Alex's wedding where Rich from Encore was the DJ. And at that moment I knew he would be the DJ if I ever got married. As soon as my fiance and I picked a date Rich was literally the FIRST vendor I called to book for our wedding- there was no one else I would trust to DJ the biggest day of my life especially since music is so important to both of us. From literally day one (I sent an inquiry he called me THAT NIGHT) I told him who I was and reminded him of the wedding 4 years ago. He was literally more excited than we were to do our wedding and everything was perfect.

THEN Covid happened. Once we realized the impact it would have on our wedding, boom he was on the phone with me FOR HOURS telling me no matter what him and his team would be there for me. I cried on the phone with him after having to reschedule, all the stress of not knowing if we could even have a wedding. As we changed plans over and over he was there for us, literally becoming my therapist talking me off ledges more times than I can count. I literally believe my wedding wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Rich and his team.

He supported and had our back through everything, over and over going so over and beyond a vendor's role I couldnt believe it. And when he couldn't step in he gave us another team member Mickey who is literally the sweetest guy I've ever spoken to and did anything and everything we asked and needed.

Then wedding day came and Rich and Mickey KILLED IT. Our tent wedding dance floor was PACKED the entire night. They played everything we requested and so flawlessly adjusted to the crowd to keep all generations happy and dancing. So many times a mix would come on and I would stop and just stare, jaw slack like I couldn't believe how amazing the music was. Honestly, WHO MIXES SANDSTORM AND CARDI B!?! A LITERAL GENIUS, ARTIST DOES- THATS WHO!!

We wanted to end with a bang and they did exactly that for us. I cant even describe how perfect and amazing they were and the 100s of compliments I got and I'm still getting. I would use them for every single event I ever have again. You are INSANE if you go with any DJ other than encore. They are not only the best DJs but became our lifelong friends.

I cant even begin to thank you guys enough for EVERYTHING you did for us to make our Covid wedding even BETTER than if the pandemic never happened. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Your lifelong friends,
    Nick & Gina

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole P. · Married on 08/20/2020

Beyond Phenomenal!

Encore Events is truly a respected name in the Rochester area. If you want the best, go with Encore! The staff truly makes the bride and groom a priority and will do anything to make your wedding day perfect! With that being said Rich Cranston did a phenomenal job officiating our small wedding and helping assist us with all that Encore has to offer. Mickey and John made sure our music was exactly what we wanted, when we wanted it. Overall, they had everything timed perfectly on our wedding day and we’re flawless! They helped set up videography to capture the day and overall exceeded our expectations! The photo booth and uplighting were added bonuses for us! The staff is extremely friendly and will make you a priority! They were always punctual when responding to any questions we had. My husband and I were married at the Canandaigua Country Club on August 20th 2020 during Covid 19. All Encore Events staff members were compliant with New York State guidelines. If you want a perfect wedding day, go with Encore Events! They are worth every penny!

Sent on 09/02/2020

Sarah B. · Married on 08/01/2020

Wedding services

Amazing service from start to finish. Encore Events was the only DJ company around that has all of their products on display for you to see how they look and work. Everyone we came in contact with from the company was super professional and helpful. They stuck with us through Covid and we never worried that we wouldn’t have a DJ. Our DJ, Kendrick, was over the top awesome! he blends songs into each other just like we asked for and always kept the dance floor going. Would 100% recommend this company to anyone.

Sent on 08/21/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 07/11/2020

Flexible and Dependable

COVID messed up our plans constantly but with every change we made, encore was lock step willing to do whatever we needed to pull this day off. They completely rocked our wedding video and had our guests dancing all night!

Sent on 08/17/2020
  • Daniel

Daniel Y. · Married on 07/10/2020

Great night with out DJ Justin

Loved our DJ Justin and everyone on the encore team! We did not have to worry about a thing with them! They played all of the songs we wanted and did a good job at taking requests. The photobooth was awesome and I would recommend adding that for people to do as well.

Sent on 10/22/2019