Emry Photography Reviews

Emry Photography 4
Emry Photography 5

Kevin Tan · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Amazing, Professional, and Fun

Emily, Ryan (photography) and their partner Adam (videography) were amazing professionals and really fun to work with. Our wedding was in November 2019 in San Diego and getting them up to speed on our plans and schedules was easily done with a few email exchanges and a phone call.

They really know how to capture the moments and coordinate fun and energetic poses for the bride/groom/family shoot. But other than that, my wife's and my main focus was to not have any 'posed' shots, but to let them capture the shots organically. These three did exactly that. If you plan to do photography and videography at your event, save yourself some trouble and hire them together. They work super well together and have amazing chemistry.

And let me add, we had a 1 hour photo shoot with just my wife and I, after our first look, and before the shoot with our parties, and it was so fun to walk around downtown San Diego with these guys. They scoped out the area ahead of time and found some really awesome spots. And the final product, digital files sent on a beautiful usb drive, was very nicely packaged. Truly appreciate the level of detail they put into their work.

Would highly recommend Emily, Ryan, and Adam. Thank you so much!

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Peck · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Best decision we made, besides saying "I do"!

I'm going to do my best to keep this short and to the point!

I HIGHLY recommend Emry Photography. They have made both my fiance and myself feel like we are their only clients through this whole process. They follow up with us often, they reassure our worries, they even helped us brainstorm wedding ideas outside of photography! Emily and Ryan have wonderful personalities, and I truly feel they are our friends instead of just a photography vendor. We actually enjoyed to spending our whole wedding day together with them. With all of the stresses we have to go through planning a wedding, I never once had any fear or anxiety with their service. They are professional, they are supportive, they are friendly, they are more than what we could have ever dreamed of!

Emry photography photograped our wedding, filmed our wedding, and provided a photo booth. I even got my wedding gift for my husband with their boudoir service. (That deserves a whole review itself!) Emily made me feel 100% comfortable, and I've never felt so beautiful in my own skin.

I'm giving them 5 stars when I wish I could give 10. I have no worries that the day will run flawlessly with them & I cannot thank them enough for providing this service. We are honored to have our day documented by such wholesome people.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Nikki Lhota Gutierrez · Getting married on 08/12/2020

Best of the Best!

Ryan and Emily are the best! They are worth EVERY PENNY and produce beautiful work. They made our wedding planning, deciding, and day of super easy; we didn't have to worry about our photos not turning out the way we wanted them. Both are great at directing without demanding and herded our families with ease. I would HIGHLY recommend them and can't wait till we have the next big event to book them again :)

Emry Photography 6
    Emry Photography 7
    Emry Photography 8
    Emry Photography 9
    Sent on 01/21/2020
  • F

Flex Plexico · Getting married on 08/10/2020

Exceeded expectations, gorgeous genuine photographs

My husband and I both independently concluded that our photography experience with Katelyn and Sarah from Emry Photography was our favorite part about our wedding day. Ryan was easy to talk to plan the big day, and I found the whole booking process to be easy, clear-cut, and non-intimidating. Ryan is great at communicating and we felt that he genuinely cared about our wedding as much as we did. This also extended to our photographers, Katelyn and Sarah. They worked hard, had great hustle, and made us feel very special on our big day. Not to mention they are very skilled, talented, and devoted photographers! Our shots from the sneak peek look better than we could have imagined and we are very excited to see the rest. I would highly recommend using Emry Photography for your wedding. They can definitely be trusted to capture the the most important day of your life with beauty and skill.

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia Meadows · Getting married on 08/07/2020

Dynamic Duo!

Emily and Ryan were amazing to work with and make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. The small details in their thank you box and delivery of the thumb drive were adorable! Sneak peek photos came the day after the wedding and all photos were ready by the time we got back from our honeymoon. No long waiting :) Our guests had a blast in the photobooth and all photobooth photos were included on the site and thumb drive! Highly recommend!

Emry Photography 10
    Emry Photography 11
    Emry Photography 12
    Emry Photography 13
    Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Elise

Elise Cherpin · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Make it easy on yourself - Book Them!!!

Booking Emry Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Co-owner Ryan was so responsive to the many questions that I had, and he immediately put me at ease regarding this big decision that will forever capture such an important day.

Ryan and co-owner wife Emily shot our engagement pictures, which turned out amazing! They were so fun to work with, which definitely helped us shed some nerves. They took their time, knew the locations we selected really well and ensured that we got all the shots we wanted. As for our wedding day, associate photographer Kaitlin and her assistant NK were with us for the whole journey. Like Emily and Ryan, they had great energy, and they caught so many beautiful moments from the day. It felt really natural to work with the team of Emry photographers. Also a big win is how quickly we received a sneak peek, all the photos, and proof of our wedding album!

All this to say, Emry takes great care of their clients and has a critical eye for detail! Book them! You won’t regret it.

Sent on 12/09/2019

Laura Schuck · Getting married on 02/04/2020

Ryan & Emily are an amazing duo

Ryan and Emily are an amazing duo. They are very professional and they make you feel completely comfortable. Neither my husband or I are very comfortable in front of a camera but they did an awesome job at making us feel at ease. Emily also did my make up for my wedding and it was gorgeous. Both were on time (actually early) and I even had an issue with my alcohol not being delivered and Ryan offered to pick up my kegs with his truck and deliver to the venue! What other photographer would do that...none other than EMRY! They finished editing our pictures in about a week and a half and sent a cute "wooden like" flash drive with their logo on it, and it also had a little box to keep the flash drive in. The pictures were beautiful, and you can tell they pay attention to detail and capture every moment on your special day. I would highly recommend them to anyone! Thank you EMRY for everything!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Myranda · Married on 10/17/2019

Talented photographers- amazing friends

There are truly no words to express how incredibly happy we are that we found Ryan and Emily.
    Let me be the bride you learn from. When we got engaged I knew that having the perfect photographer was one of my highest priorities for my wedding. It wasn’t just about great images, but also having photos that captured our love, told and story. We also wanted a photographer that we connected with personally.
    In a rush to lock in a photographer, we hired someone who we quickly realized was not the right fit. I was in so much distress when we got our engagement photos and were unhappy. That’s when I found EMRY! I stumbled across their Instagram and fell in love with the way they captured such raw moments. When I first talked to Ryan and shared with him my experience with my former photographer, he stepped up and assured me he would do whatever he could to help. A few phone conversations later we signed our contract and never looked back. From the moment our communication started with Ryan and Emily we felt so much better. They were always in contact, checking in on us and seeing if there was anything they could do to help. They had so many great resources and recommendations through the whole planning process. They were just our photographers, they became friends through the wedding planning process. They took the time out of their busy schedule to meet with us face to face before our wedding, and after an evening of getting to know the amazing people they were, we found ourselves realizing that choosing them was the best wedding decision we made.
    On the day of the wedding Emily and Ryan were on top of it, along with their videographer Adam. The 3 of them worked together so flawlessly. Their passion for what they do is evident, and their natural talent for capturing all the special moments is amazing. We laughed with them, cried with them and joked with them. If they weren’t there as our photographers, I would have wanted them there as friends. Our wedding night flew by, just like everyone warned us it would, but I was comforted to know that every moment was captured by Emily and Ryan and that we would forever be able to relive our special day. Before they headed out for the night, they took the time to say a sweet goodbye and told us they would do their best to get us a few sneak peak photos before we left for our honeymoon a few days later. 24 hours after our wedding we got a sneak peak back, and I was in tears. The photos surpassed ALL MY EXPECTATIONS. They were beautiful, and raw and full of emotion. Moments I completely forgot about were brought back to life by the photos Emily and Ryan took. As a couple who has experienced love and loss there were certain moments of our day that were really important to us. That first look coming down the aisle, our first dance, and dances with parents. Every moment that I mentioned to Emily and Ryan as having significance they took such care in capturing. My father daughter dance was particularly important to me, as my dad was diagnosed a while back with early onset Alzheimer’s. With an unknown prognosis I told Emily and Ryan that my dance with my dad would be shared with my 2 younger sisters. They took my concerns to heart and went above and beyon in capturing that dance. The photos I have of our dance are some of my most cherished captured moments. Like I said in the beginning, there are no words that can properly express how thankful we are to Emry photography. Our friends and family are all equally blown away with the photos and all my newly engaged friends want to know who the people were behind the cameras.
    If photos mean anything to you, I can’t stress enough how much you need Emily and Ryan as your photographers. They are incredibly talented individuals and such amazing friends, and they will hold a special place in our hearts forever.
    Love, Myranda & Richard

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Lorena

Lorena A. Prieto · Married on 10/08/2019

Best Ever!

If you are looking for your special day to be perfect, go with Emry Photography. They were amazing! I knew I would like them the moment I talked to them, but they exceeded my expectations. I am so happy I used them; they made my day even better. Thank you Emry, you are amazing, and a blast to work with.

Emry Photography 21
    Emry Photography 22
    Sent on 11/27/2019

Breanne · Married on 10/06/2019

Amazing photographers!

Choosing Emry Photography for our wedding day was by far, our best decision throughout the entire process! Ryan and Emily were absolutely outstanding from start to finish! They made us feel so comfortable from the moment we met them for our engagement shoot. I knew right away that we had made the right choice by going with them. We had both of them with us for the wedding day, and they went above and beyond in everything they did! I sent them my Pinterest board with general ideas/poses I liked and they made sure to recreate all of them for us, in addition to capturing all kinds of unique shots. They were there for every step of the day, and didn’t miss a thing. I could not be happier with how the photos came out! If you’re on the fence about a photographer, Emry is 100%, the way to go! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Paige

Paige M · Married on 10/04/2019

Best Photography Experience!

Where can I even begin! Emry Photography was such a huge part in our wedding! The work that both Ryan and Emily do is just amazing! They are so great to work with and they captured the most special moments of our wedding day. They were both there from start to finish and they just made picture taking so easy and enjoyable. They are really great people and my husband and I will always be grateful that we had them for our wedding photos. I would honestly recommend them for any of your photography needs. They work with you on everything and make the process of crazy wedding planning easy. I will always use and recommend Emry Photography. Wedding photographs are a huge deal and you want them to be amazing. The pictures we have from the work of Emily and Ryan is more than I could have ever asked for. It is absolutely perfect! Thank you Emry Photography! Thank you Emily and Ryan! You are the best!

Emry Photography 23
    Emry Photography 28
    Emry Photography 29
    Sent on 10/22/2019

Silvana · Married on 09/29/2019

Made our day so special!!

Choosing EMRY to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! Emily and Ryan were so helpful throughout the whole process and were super awesome to work with. My now husband and I were so nervous to be in front of the camera and they made our engagement session so wonderful, taking us to the coolest spots in Balboa Park. Our wedding day photographers/videographer Kaitlyn, Kevin and Adam were also so wonderful totally capturing our awkward and sometimes rowdy group! Thank you all so much for making our day so special!!

Emry Photography 30
    Emry Photography 31
    Emry Photography 32
    Sent on 11/09/2019

Dana Walsh · Married on 09/28/2019

Best Choice

We have nothing but great things to say about Emry photography! We were lucky enough to work with Emily and Ryan, as well as Kaitlin and Kevin, and we truly enjoyed working with all of them!

Ryan and Emily did our engagement session and they were so patient with us when we were trying to figure out a date and decide on a location. My husband and I don’t love being in front of the camera, but they were actually able to make the shoot really fun for us! They were great at coming up with cool ideas for shots in a location they had never shot before. We really loved how unique and amazing the photos turned out!

Kaitlin and Kevin were the photographers for our wedding and they hit it out of the park! We met them the morning of our wedding, but it felt like we had known them for years. We were so comfortable with them and they had us laughing and really enjoying the day. It was actually raining on our wedding day and they managed to get some absolutely stunning photos for us!

All four of the photographers were not only fun and outgoing, but also very professional and passionate! We could tell from the first phone call we had with Ryan that they were going to be on top of everything and reliable. Not only did they take great photos, but they got them to us so quickly! They sent us sneak peak photos two days after our wedding and we got the thumb drive with all the photos in less than two weeks!

We absolutely recommend Emry to anyone! You will not be disappointed!

Emry Photography 33
    Sent on 10/25/2019

Brittnie · Married on 09/21/2019

We love love LOVE Emry!!!

Don’t think twice about hiring Emry Photography for your wedding and engagement photos! I absolutely LOVED having Ryan and Emily as our wedding photographers. Not only do they capture amazing photos and make the wedding photography fun, they are also just wonderful people. They are so creative and their dynamic is so fun and carefree, even if you aren’t comfortable with getting photos taken, you will have a great time with them (and enjoy the results of their work!)

When I was choosing a photographer, I chatted with Ryan and another company to see who I clicked with better for my wedding day. I was instantly at ease, which was super important to me as my husband and I are terrible at mushy gushy love and we needed someone who could make us feel comfortable showing affection in photos. We opted to do the engagement photo shoot and I am so glad we did! Ryan and Emily put us right at ease and got us smiling and laughing and taught us how to try to look more romantic. It was great training for wedding day (plus the photos turned out AMAZING and we still get so many compliments on our wedding invite where we used one of the photos from the engagement shoot).

Ryan and Emily were constantly in touch with us as the big day approached to make sure we were on the same page, and they gave us a questionnaire a few weeks ahead that helped us to think of and prepare things that were not on our radar at all.

They are quick to respond to any and all questions we had throughout the wedding planning process. They have a photobooth add-on with props and personalized design including our names that i would highly recommend (our guests were obsessed!). Also, did I mention that their pricing isn’t limited to a set number of hours? I didn’t feel rushed or like any piece of my wedding wouldn’t get documented because I knew that they were in it with us for the long haul. It was so so much appreciated and the photos turned out way better than I could have imagined. Thank you so much Emily and Ryan!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Mayte manzo · Married on 08/03/2019

Perfect Photographers

Emily and Ryan are absolutely amazing, from the minute I saw their photography in their gallery I knew I wanted them to be a part of my special day and I was so happy that I made that choice. From the first time I spoke to Ryan he has always been professional and always available if any questions arise. His expertise we're the extra cherry on top, he always provided great recommendations and asked the perfect questions prior to the wedding in order to make sure that everything ran smoothly the day of.
    For our wedding we had 2 photographers, Ryan and his amazing wife, Emily. Not only are Emily and Ryan professional and make every step of the process easy, but they have great personalities that make the evening fun while taking photos. My husband who is not a fan of taking photos was telling me the whole day how we had made the perfect choice with our photographers. Emily and Ryan go above and beyond to get all your perfect shots. I cannot thank them enough for all of our beautiful photos.
    We also had the opportunity to have a photo booth with Emily and all our family had so much fun taking pictures and the book of photos we received in the end are a great memory for us.

Emry Photography 34
    Emry Photography 35
    Sent on 08/19/2019

Kim Silva · Married on 08/02/2019

Look no further... Seriously stop looking.. You found them!!

Where do I even start!! :D Emry did an AMAZING job capturing everything from our engagement shoot to our big day! They are professional and a pleasure to work with! Let's just start from the beginning... I met Emily and Ryan at their house so that Emily could do my make up for our engagement shoot. Instantly I felt welcomed and overjoyed to work with them. My (now) husband and I are water lovers so the del mar dog beach was the perfect recommendation from Emry! It was a fun(ny) and joyful experience! Within 5 days from our shoot, we had received ALL of our engagement pictures and let me tell you... I was BLOWN AWAY! When it came time to have a meeting for our wedding, Emry is on top of the Do's and Dont's! They make sure to cover everything so that they can ensure they capture everything you are looking for on your big day. And when that day arrived they greeted us at the venue with the biggest smiles and were already capturing our decor and venue setup! Now typically I like to manage control of my surroundings but I felt so comfortable in their hands I stepped back and let them lead us, and boy was that the best decision! We received our pictures for less than two weeks after our wedding and WOW-o-WOW!! I had been hyping them up so much and they STIL exceeded my expectations! Let me tell you, folks, the pictures are what you will have to remember your big day or any major life moment and Emry will not let you down. They are an amazing team, a pleasure to work with and truly amazingly talented photographers and videographers! I will continue to use them for other major milestones in our lives because I know I will be in the best of hands!

Emry Photography 36
    Emry Photography 37
    Emry Photography 38
    Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/27/2019

Brides! You want EMRY! Trust me!

I got married about 3 weeks ago. I was the bride with no wedding planner of a 125 person wedding. You can imagine the amount of stress that goes into that, especially with a different venue for both the ceremony and reception. I work full time as well, so finding time to plan my wedding after working 12 hour days was tough.

The biggest advice I ever received while planning my wedding besides enjoying the day to its fullest was to splurge on the photos/video because it's the only thing besides your husband you will keep forever. The day goes by so quickly, those photos and the video is what you have as a keepsake.

BUY THE PHOTOGRAPHY AND THE VIDEO!!!

I spent quite a large sum on these BUT it was well worth it. EMRY is friendly, professional, flexible, caring, very-much-interested-in-who-you-are-rather-than-just-how-much-you-can-buy company. I grew so fond of this entire team I wanted all of them to come and enjoy the wedding.

This is the most hassle-free company you can ever find. Their work is top-notch and you get your pictures back asap. It's all in the details. They sent us a flash drive with the pictures encased in a beautiful, personalized box wrapped with ribbon, with casing so the flash drive didn't get damaged, and included a handwritten note on parchment paper expressing their gratitude and excitement working on our wedding. Details people...details. That's a touching finish to the entire experience.

Brides, you want EMRY.

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Mike

Mike Ostapovich · Married on 07/20/2019

Don't overthink it

EMRY is fantastic. This was our first photo session together on all our parts. My fiance and I were nervous with a wedding approaching and wanting our engagement photos perfect. EMRY stepped up and delivered exactly what we were looking for. A very patient, polite, and most of all competent photography team that made us feel comfortable and assured. I'll use them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/07/2019

Excellent Work

They are the sweetest photography couple. Loved having them as our photographers. Beautiful photos.

Emry Photography 39
    Sent on 08/05/2019

Chelsea Keil · Married on 07/06/2019

No need to look elsewhere

Emry is Fantabulous (see what I did there ;))!!
    Dont think twice about booking these two, if they were twice as much they would still be worth it. The quality of their photos, capturing the best moments of our special day are impecable. They make you feel so comfortable and never forced at all. Their professionalism and over the top service cant be compared to competitors. Our sneak peaks were timely and beautiful in every way. We can not wait to see the rest of them.
    Couldnt give Emry higher praise.

Emry Photography 40
    Emry Photography 41
    Emry Photography 42
    Sent on 07/20/2019

Emily · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing!

From the first time we spoke with Ryan and Emily, my husband and I immediately felt so comfortable with them. They are organized, kind, professional, and amazing at what they do. My husband and I are not graceful in front of a camera but somehow they made me feel and look exactly like I would want on my wedding day. They listened to what we wanted and made the whole thing so easy. Both Ryan and Emily stayed throughout the ENTIRE wedding and I had so many of our guests come up and tell us what awesome photographers we had. They got all these amazing shots but nobody really noticed they were there! They are passionate about what they do and it really shows in the result. I would never hire another photographer!

Emry Photography 43
    Emry Photography 44
    Emry Photography 45
    Emry Photography 46
    Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Kiarlo

Kiarlo Ruth · Married on 06/28/2019

Ryan and Emily go above and beyond your expectations!!

We are BEYOND happy with Ryan and Emily at EMRY photography!!! We were referred to EMRY by a friend of ours at our wedding venue - but actually had the pleasure of meeting them while they were working at two of our other friend’s weddings! 😊(They are busy bees, but from the quality of their work, you can totally see why!) From the moment we booked them, they were both so communicative and supportive in helping us figure out what we wanted for our special day. The questionnaire was very helpful and both are quick in responding to texts, calls, and emails - which definitely helped put our minds at ease along the way. They are so so sweet and really care about the memories we wanted to make. ❤️ When our wedding day arrived, Ryan was professional, punctual, and so fun. He really helped capture our story and timeline wonderfully. He and Emily helped my husband and I, our bridal parties, and families feel comfortable with all of the goings on of the day. They gave great direction and were the perfect mix of flexibility and firmness - they were down for everything, but wanted to get things done! We never felt rushed or like we were missing out on anything. We are so thrilled with how everything turned out and we are so grateful for Ryan and Emily helping to make our wedding day so memorable and amazing!

Emry Photography 47
    Emry Photography 48
    Emry Photography 49
    Emry Photography 50
    Emry Photography 51
    Sent on 07/21/2019

Kelli Sievers · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing photographers

I can not say enough amazing things about EMRY Photography. We had Emily and Ryan shoot our wedding and they were absolutely incredible and total experts even our wedding guests were blown away by them.They took the time to speak with us prior to the wedding and provide different suggestions in addition we just received our USB with all the photos that was in the most lovely presentation I’m so excited for the album! I am/would highly recommend them to everyone!!!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Teresa · Married on 05/17/2019

It was a pleasure to work with EMRY Photography, Me and my fiancé wanted to do a destination engagement shoot in San Diego where he went out of his way to do. We were nervous to book someone based on reviews and some photos we saw, but it was the BEST decision we made. Working with Ryan was not only fun but he made tou feel comfortable! He was very punctual in getting back to you right away and sending the pictures that only took him TWO days to work on! Let me tell you they looked fantastic! Thank you again it was so nice to work with you.

Sent on 04/09/2018

Dennis G · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing service

In the middle of searching for wedding photographers, it’s difficult to distinguish between different shooters to capture such a special day. My wedding day was very busy, consisted of 3 ceremony’s and a reception, so looking for the proper photographers was very difficult for us. We are lucky to have stumbled across Emry Photography whose team of caring professionals captured all aspects of our 15 hour day beautifully. We loved the fact that their team was personable but very professional and worked effortlessly to capture each moment wonderfully. Speaking of moments, we were astonished at how many beautiful photos their team was able to capture of our day. Scrolling through the photos was like reliving our special day again. From putting on the bow tie and heels to dancing the night away in each other's arms, Emry Photography captured our wedding day spectacularly and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a team to capture their day.

Sent on 05/18/2019