Empowder Reviews

55 Reviews for Empowder

• Jessica

Jessica Full · Getting married on 08/10/2021

Highly Recommend!

I hired EmpowderedMD to do my make up for my family session after swooning over her wedding work for years. She gave me the exact look I was hoping for and blew my expectations away! Better yet, it was a humid and hot day and she took the time to apply products to make sure my make up lasted all night. I highly recommend her for any and all make up needs and can't wait to use her again in the future!

Sent on 11/20/2020

Empowder's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing compliments, Jessi! It was such a pleasure working with you. I also had been waiting to work with you for years! I’m so glad we had the opportunity to do so.
  • Sruthi

Sruthi · Married on 11/14/2020

BEST decision for hair and makeup!

I had one month to plan a last minute wedding so I had difficulty in finding a vendor for hair and makeup. I found Empowder and WOW- it was meant to be! I was so stressed with wedding planning but Amola really took off the stress I had regarding hair and makeup. She was extremely responsive, super flexible, and just all around an amazing person to work with. She made me feel very comfortable. Due to COVID, we had to plan quickly and Amola was always on top of things. She incorporated my own ideas and gave me guidance for the rest. This was by far the best experience I’ve ever had with hair and makeup- and I will definitely choose Empowder again for future events.

Sent on 11/19/2020
  • Emily

Emily R Zweig · Married on 10/02/2020

I love Amola!

I had the best experience working with Amola for hair/makeup for my wedding. She was extremely flexible especially when we had to change the location and then the date of the wedding due to covid. Amola does incredible work. She knew exactly the look I was going for and executed it perfectly. She is so sweet and I had such a great time working with her.

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/26/2020

Talented & Professional

Amola is absolutely fantastic to work with. She is incredibly talented and a truly nice person. She did both my hair and makeup- everything stayed in place all day. I also wanted to mention that Lyndsey (the hair stylist she brought) is very nice and did a great job with everyone else’s hair. I can’t recommend both of them enough.

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Kuenstner · Married on 09/12/2020

Excellent!

Amola was amazing to work with! I agree with one of the other brides, you are really getting a whole experience with Amola. She was incredibly flexible and accommodating as we kept having to change our plans and bridal party due to COVID. Amola also taught me what types of products work best with my skin tone and skin type, which will improve my daily make up routine. She was also very responsive.

I told her that I wanted my hair to look like Elsa and she executed my vision perfectly! I got so many compliments on my hair and make up on the day of the wedding. I felt amazing.

The trial was a very helpful experience, and definitely makes the wedding day go seamlessly. My hair is very thick and takes a long time to do, but Amola was so meticulous and thorough-tweaking it so it was just the way that I wanted.

She’s also very easy to talk to and makes you feel at ease. The room I was getting ready in on the day of the wedding was somewhat hectic, with different family members coming in and out, but she was so chill.

All around excellent experience! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/17/2020
  • Reeja

Reeja Pereira · Married on 07/18/2020

A wonderful experience!

Amola was absolutely amazing from start to finish! She was able to create the exact look I was looking for. We had to change our plans two days before our wedding because of enhanced restrictions and Amola was extremely flexible. With Amola you are getting a whole experience, not someone who will just do your makeup and leave. She really worked with me during the trial to make sure I was happy and confident for the big day. She also did final touch ups the day of before she left and I truly appreciated that. I’m so glad I made I made the decision to use her services. It definitely won’t be the last!

Sent on 08/19/2020

Anandi · Married on 07/04/2020

Amazing Experience

Amola was recommended to me by another vendor and from the time I reached out to her for our July 4, 2020 wedding, she was extremely friendly, responsive and flexible. As we got closer to the wedding, we had to change our plans several times due to restrictions- Amola was super understanding and very easy to work with. A few weeks before the wedding, I met Amola for the makeup and hair trial- she really listened to what my preferences were and my vision for the wedding and incorporated my ideas into the perfect look. On the wedding day, she arrived on time (which was super early, kudos to Amola for being able to work so well even that early in the morning!) and was extremely professional. Amola also helped me with draping my jewelry and Lehenga- the chunni was draped so well and I received so many compliments for my look and how my Lehenga was arranged. My mom and sister had guest hair done with Amola too and really loved their style. I highly recommend working with Amola! Thank you!

Sent on 07/07/2020

Azeeza Hasan · Married on 01/19/2020

Prefect experience end-to-end

Amola is a true artist. She immediately understands exactly what the client wants and her work is top tier. The way she does make-up enhances the client's features instead of taking away/changing them. When she showed me the final look in the mirror, I couldn't help but smile big - she executed my vision perfectly.

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Raina · Married on 11/09/2019

Amola did an amazing job!

I’m so glad I found Amola, she made me look amazing in my engagement photoshoot pics! We started early in the AM and she traveled 50 miles just to get to my place. She was able to understand my vision with ease and I definitely would recommend her :)

Sent on 10/19/2019

Mariam Nusrat · Married on 11/09/2019

Amola can do magic!

Amola is a dream makeup artist!

She is super fun and easy going and makes sure she listens to her clients! Your makeup artist is your first vendor you interact with and Amola was the perfect start to my day. She made things fun, put me at ease and gave me the perfect look! I received a bunch of compliments on my makeup and it shines through my pictures! She was patient with me as I wanted to make some minor tweaks and touched me up a couple of times to make sure I was fully satisfied with my look before I walked down the aisle.

She was on time and worked non stop to accommodate my large group of bridesmaids. I had a diverse group of bridesmaids with different skin types and preferences and Amola was able to perfectly execute everyone's vision!

I would strongly recommend Amola!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 11/02/2019

Bride/bridesmaid hair and makeup

OMG! I can not recommend Amola enough. From the very beginning of booking until the day of my wedding, Amola was super responsive in emails and in our phone interview. I planned my wedding from Austin TX and never had a chance to do any trials for hair or makeup but I was able to follow Amola on her instagram and see all of her previous work and I fully trusted her capabilities from the get go. I went with a pretty bold make up look and an updo, it was all exactly as I envisioned. I would absolutely hire her a hundred times over for any future event in the DMV area and I’ll definitely be recommending her to friends!

Sent on 12/21/2019

Grace · Married on 10/26/2019

Hire Empowder -you won't be sorry! :)

Amola did a fantastic job with the hair and make up for my bridal party! She is so talented, professional, and kind.

Amola and another hair stylist did the make up and hair for me (bride), 6 bridesmaids, 1 mother of the bride and 1 flower girl. It took about 6 hours. The cost was around $1300 plus tip.

She includes a trial in her cost which I found really helpful. Amola takes the time to get to know you and understand what type of look you want for hair and makeup. She matched my inspiration photos perfectly (actually better than I imagined). She also took good notes on how I wanted my make up- very natural looking.

On top of that, she was able to make some recommendations on my skincare. She mentioned that my face seemed a bit dry in some areas. I went to see a dermatologist after that and was able to impove my skin. This made for even better make up application on the day of my wedding.

I would 100% use Empowder again and recommend this company to other brides!

Thank you, Amola!!!

Love,
    Grace

P.s... I've included some photos from my trial and wedding.

Sent on 12/28/2019

Janki G · Married on 10/19/2019

Truly phenomenal

I could not have picked a better makeup & hair artist for my wedding and reception than Amola – she is simply the best. From the beginning to the end, she was the most perfect makeup artist. She was very quick to respond to my inquiry, made wonderful recommendations, and put me through ease about the whole process. She always listened to my wants/needs, and made me look and feel my best. I have had the pleasure of having Amola do my wedding and reception looks, and each time was wonderful. I’ve had problem skin for a long time, and she did an incredible job covering up my problem areas. The end results were absolutely flawless. I admire Amola for what she does – her passion, commitment, and dedication was above and beyond, which can be seen in the quality of her work. Her dedication She was so accommodating, and wonderful to work with! Amola made me a very, very happy bride!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Meghana Vijaysimha · Married on 10/13/2019

Wonderful Service

Hired Amola for my wedding reception hair and for my bridal party (two cousins and mother of bride and mother of groom). She was great! Very professional and a wonderful person. We had a gap in between the morning (at the temple) and evening reception (at the hotel) and of course we were running late for our hair appointment with Amola but she waited and worked quickly to make up the time but also without compromising on quality. Our appointment went over the time but she stayed until everyone that wanted hair done had it done. My mom who never wants to do anything with styling her hair got an updo and everyone was complementing her so much and she was so happy with the way it turned out it made me even happier.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Puja

Puja Patel · Married on 10/03/2019

Wedding Day MakeUp

Amola was so wonderful to work with. She was accommodating and truly listened to my preferences for my make up style. She even went out of her way to ensure she had the best colors in her pallet to go with each of my outfits. She did amazing work and I felt beautiful the whole day. The make up was long lasting and my pictures came out amazing. Amola also did my hair and draping. She was a one woman show with everything you could ever need- pins, clips, wipes, etc. were on her the whole day. She was professional and timely and truly made my wedding day spectacular!

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Madhu

Madhu · Married on 09/22/2019

Super talented and professional!

Amola was FANTASTIC to work with! She is both personable and professional, and really listens to what you want in terms of style. For my wedding she gave me exactly the fabulous 20s Hollywood inspired look I wanted!

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Vinay

Vinay Sharma · Married on 09/21/2019

Highly Recommend!!

Besides being a highly talented make-up artist and hairstylist, Amola is truly so sweet and kind. Starting from the hair and make-up trial, Amola listens to exactly what you are looking for (this can actually be quite hard to find)! She makes sure you are getting what you want and had envisioned for yourself. Her actual work speaks for itself (make sure to check out her instagram). My hair and make-up could not have been more perfect - both remained stable and in-tact for over 12 hours! She uses amazing products and I never felt cakey or over-done. She also did an amazing job draping my dupattas - my Mom and Aunts all were impressed :)

I truly could not recommend Amola enough!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Empowder's reply:

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review! It was my pleasure working with you. I knew from our trial day that we would connect and am so glad we did! You were such an amazing bride, which tells me a lot about your character as well!
  • Rohini

Rohini Mohanraj · Married on 09/08/2019

Amola exceeded my expectations!

Amola Surya exceeded my hair and make up expectations. She was attentive and considered my preferences while also adding her own ideas to my look. I had a great trial following which I provided her with feedback and she made sure to incorporate the feedback on the day of the wedding. All in all, I had a great experience and would recommend Amola to anybody in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Empowder's reply:

Where do I even begin?! Rohini, you were amazing to work with. You had a lot on your plate to plan for two ceremonies and I am so honored to be a part of your one here in the States. You and Ricky are such kind people which makes my job so much easier. Best of luck to you both!
  • Makenna

Makenna M Hardy · Married on 08/17/2019

Delightful!

Amola made me feel fantastic on my wedding day! I don’t normally wear a ton of makeup and she was able to give me the natural, but glamorous look I was going for. She was patient and professional every step of the way and I would definitely recommend her to any bride to be!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Empowder's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you, Makenna! You were so chill, but knew what you wanted. I loved everything about your style and was so glad that you were happy with your makeup.

Keyuri Joshi · Married on 08/09/2019

Loved working with Amola!

I couldn’t thank Amola more for making me look so beautiful at all of my wedding events! I absolutely loved both my garba and wedding looks. Amola is an amazing make-up, hair, and draping artist as well as beautiful person. She was super responsive throughout the whole process and willing to make adjustments/changes right up until the day of. I would highly recommend her to any bride that wants to look her best on her wedding day!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Radhika Patel · Married on 07/09/2019

Amola is amazing!

Wow, Amola went above and beyond my expectations. She provided hair and make up services for my mother, sister and niece for our garba, wedding and reception. We originally did a trial with my mother a few months before my wedding and Amola was very accommodating and understood exactly what kind of look my mother was going for, modern but classic. She is VERY punctual and works fast but neat and clean!! Her make up and hair techniques can suit any skin type and hair texture! She also used extensions for my mom and sister and it looked flawless - she had recommended which extensions to get color/length prior to the wedding and it matched very well. My sister raved about her work and she loved her make up! I would recommend Amola for being a great hair and make up artist but also a great person!

Sent on 03/15/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful!

Amola works magic with hair and make-up. You give her an idea, a style, or a picture and she makes it fit you. Amola did make-up for my 5 bridesmaids, my mom, my mother-law, and me, as well as my hair on my wedding day. Each girl’s makeup was beautiful and customized to their unique features. She’s gentle on your skin, ensures she uses proper hygiene, and uses the best products masterfully. Plus, her prices were extreme competitive for the DMV market.

At my trial, Amola worked with me to select the best colors and styles. She took one look at my face and selected the best products and colors. She was extremely open to feedback, as I decided to change my lip color, and worked with me to find the best option. On my wedding day, I felt gorgeous. However, even more important, I felt comfortable. The makeup was light but long lasting. My hair stayed perfect through sweat, humidity, and dancing.

Not only is Amola an artist, she’s also the sweetest professional. I felt comfortable with her from the moment I met her at my trial. The two hours past quickly because I had such an enjoyable time talking with her as she did my make-up/hair. Then, on my wedding day, Amola talked with me the entire time to calm my nerves and made sure I had time to eat lunch. It was such a joy to work with her and every bridesmaid raved about their experience with her!
    Overall, I would recommend Amola to anyone who needs hair or makeup for a special event.

Sent on 08/19/2019

Empowder's reply:

Samantha, this is the most amazing review I have received! Thank you so much for your support. I was so glad to work with you and get to know you as a person. You are an amazing teacher, friend, cousin, sister, daughter, and now wife! On your wedding day, I noticed how close you are to all of your bridesmaids and family members and how attentive you were to them even though it was your day. That told me a lot about your character and how unique you are as a client. I'm so honored to have had this opportunity to work with you.
  • kaamela

kaamela · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing, talented, personalized makeup!

When I started looking for a MUA for my wedding, I was overwhelmed with the options. I stumbled upon Amola's page on instagram and reached out to her. We set up a trial and I was absolutely in love with the look she gave me. Amola looks at your skin type and uses makeup that is right for your skin type and skin tones which was very important to me. I requested her for my both my wedding events as well as for my sisters. For one event, I went with a purple smokey eye and purpley-pink lips and for the other I went with a rose gold eye with hints of cranberry and a dark lip. Amola knew exactly what I was envisioning and even suggested going darker with one of my lips which turned out to be exactly what I wanted. She did an absolutely amazing job, working in all the chaos of the day with unwavering concentration. She made me feel completely relaxed and made the whole experience fun! She also helped me with my dupatta setting and stayed for any finishing touches. I would definitely recommend her for any of your makeup needs, she is not only talented with makeup, she also has ample knowledge of skin care, a caring personality, and enjoyable presence.

Sent on 07/25/2019

Empowder's reply:

Kaamela, you were the best canvas an artist could ask for! I really enjoyed working with you and am so happy you were happy with both of your looks. What's amazing is that we now have a great friendship and will see each other soon at your sister's wedding!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2019

Amola was amazing!

Amola was part of what made my husband and I’s wedding day so perfect!! She did a stunning job! Her and her assistant did myself, my mom, my mother in law, AND my three bridesmaids. And we were all beautiful! My father in law literally couldn’t believe his eyes the whole evening after he saw his come up wife. Amola took the time before my big day to do a makeup and hair trial, and she gave me super helpful tips on how I could make my skin better for the day of. Then on the day of she somehow managed to get all of us done on time! It was beyond pleasant and I think she was the perfect choice! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/11/2019

Janki Patel · Married on 05/24/2019

Talented and professional

Amola did my hair and makeup for my pre-wedding photoshoot and she did an amazing job! She was quick to respond when I inquired about her availability and very professional from the beginning. She is very talented and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Empowder's reply:

It was so nice working with you, Janki! Honestly, you were a dream client to work with - so easy going! Congratulations to you again and I hope to keep in touch.