Emily's Catering Group Reviews

108 | Bristol, CT

108 Reviews for Emily's Catering Group

108 Emily's Catering Group Reviews

Sherri · Married on 09/15/2018

Where do I begin? Let me just say with Emily's catering you can rest assured your wedding day or party will be superlative. Our daughter got married in MA on 9/15/18. Two weeks later I am still getting emails and messages from our guests about the amazing food that was served at the affair. Artistry abounded, both culinary and visual. The cocktail hour had all guests begging for more and then when dinner was served our guests could not believe the gastronomy kept on coming. As the mother of the bride and interested cook myself, I was able to make suggestions about menu items and food preparation that were important to the bride and groom. After all, it was their wedding and the foods they loved they wanted to have mixed into Rick's otherwise, amazing menu choices. Never a no, never a hesitation, only yes that sounds great. Although the venue’s kitchen was super tiny it never made difference to Rick and his miracle team. The food abounded, and our 160 guests were lavishly waited upon with a degree of professionalism I can say without reservation compared to the best of NYC restaurants. Whenever there was a road block with my venue Rick was always there with a we can do attitude. No issue was too big, no matter to trivial for Rick and his incredible associate Cheryl, to help take me down from the cliff. So how do we love Emily's Catering, let me count the ways...
    Sherri Hughes & Alan Kauffman

Emily's Catering Group 13
    Emily's Catering Group 14
    Emily's Catering Group 15

Christen · Married on 09/08/2018

We just got married 9/8/18 at South Farms and had Emily's Catering do an incredible job! They went above and beyond! We received so many compliments from our guests about how great the food was and I myself was so impressed with not only how amazing the food was, but how well everything was presented! Emily's did a fantastic job in both catering to our guests, as well as to us, the bride and groom! We had a mac 'n cheese bar as part of our cocktail hour, which was a huge hit! I wish I could give them more than 5 stars because they certainly deserve it! Thank you Emily's for helping us make our perfect day even more perfect!

R · Married on 09/02/2018

The wedding this past Sunday Labor Day weekend, was made perfect with Rick Kersner’s outstanding support and recommendations. He planned it as if for his own daughter. Not only was the food unbelievable and creative his staff was right on with smiles and great service to all. Cocktail hour was perfect and dinner of seafood and filet mignon and all the family style side dishes delicious. He recommended the florist, band, photographer and this perfect day at SouthFarm in Morris CT put our event as a lifetime over the top day! Thank you thank you Rick and Staff! *****

Emily's Catering Group 16
    Emily's Catering Group 17
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 08/11/2018

Emily's did such an amazing job at our wedding. It's been 2 months and people are still raving about the food! We still can't believe how amazing everything was. Food was our main priority and we were impressed from the first meeting until the day of the wedding. We used them for both the bar and the food and I loved that they made sure that my husband and I always had anything we needed. The dessert bar was spectacular! I have a huge sweet tooth so I very much appreciated the amazing desserts. My husband was happy that they were able to add in his favorite dessert as well. Whenever anyone asks me about my wedding one of the first things I rave about is the food. I highly recommend Emily's catering to any couple getting married!

Kellie · Married on 10/28/2017

Food and drinks were the most important to us when planning our wedding! After talking to Rick about a menu I knew it was going to be a great match! The pass around appetizers and awesome array of stations kept our wedding fun by having our guests up and moving! Everyone raved about the food and the staff was outstanding! Jana made sure that we, as the bride and groom were always well fed and never thirsty! Also, another wonderful part about the entire experience from setting up a tasting until finalizing the last minute details was the punctuality and responsiveness from Cheryl! She is amazing and gets back to you so quickly! Would recommend Emily's Catering for any catering needs!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Emily's Catering Group's reply:

Thank you Kellie for the review. It was a pleasure working with you on your wedding! Best, Emily's Catering Group

Christopher · Married on 09/30/2017

We used Emily's Catering Group for our Wedding in Ridgefield CT, and it was the best decision we made. My wife and I are so happy and impressed with how Rick, Cheryl, and the rest of the Emily's staff helped throughout our whole wedding process.

We didn't want our wedding to be ordinary or typical of other weddings we had been to. They understood our vision and offered suggestions that would work with our style, as well as give us the freedom to be creative in our own way. In the end, it all felt unique, and exactly what we wanted.

The menu was a huge hit (Southern Fried Chicken, BBQ Brisket and Butternut Squash Ravioli). And while the food was very much comfort food, it was all presented in an elegant way. A month later we are still getting rave reviews about how they just crushed every aspect of the food, drinks and service, cocktail hour, dinner and dessert.

The staff was incredible; professional, personable, attentive and prompt. They made all the workings of the wedding smooth, and it all was happening behind the scenes.

As great as the night was, we are sometimes a little saddened thinking we might never have a chance to throw a party with them again. It was a once in a lifetime experience.

Seriously, Hire These Guys!

Christopher · Married on 09/30/2017

As the prior reviews make a point of mentioning... truly exceptional. It is hard to describe how happy we are with Emily's Catering. I wish I could taste the food for the first time again. Going on two months later now, guests are still talking about the food and service Emily's Catering provided. They are the most professional, kind, and enthusiastic catering service I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. A huge thank you to Rick and Cheryl for making our wedding day exceptional. Emily's Catering definitely has my future business.

Kelleigh · Married on 09/16/2017

I have been dying to write this review, because I do not know how else to thank Rick and his team for everything they did for us! I had a 265 person outdoor wedding; it was held under a tent at my husband's parents house - Rick and his team pulled the entire thing together. Starting with the cocktail hour - people were coming up to me SO excited about the amazing appetizers (the display of the antipasto station and the cheese wheel was incredible). The bartenders were amazing and personable - creating custom, fun drinks for everyone - there was also NEVER a line at the bar (and for 265 people, that's a big accomplishment). The staff was professional, the meal was top notch and came out very quickly (looking and tasting beautiful)- everything was awesome. Working with Rick and Cheryl leading up to the wedding was also seamless. I ended up calling Rick several times asking his opinion about non-catering related things, because he clearly has so much experience doing big, formal weddings. They truly made my wedding amazing - I could not have been happier with them. Thank you Rick & Emily's Catering Group!!

Kevin · Married on 08/26/2017

Exceptional.
    It is hard to write just *how good* Emily's Catering is at the helm of Rick Kerzner. The moment my wife discovered them in searching we made an appointment to meet in their office. We were met by Cheryl and Rick (along with Harley an awesome dog). As we went through menus they kept bringing out incredible food for us to sample -- it was like a five course meal while I sat there in shorts and flip-flops as we discussed a possible wedding venue -- **NO commitment or money expressed as of yet** -- they wanted us to see/taste what they had and let us decide if we wanted to go forth with their group. Each time I talked with Rick he made everything seem easy -- he told me not to worry about anything -- and he was right. On our day he and the crew arrived and I had to worry about nothing (even though I did)-- the very talented group went to work making my wedding exceptional. And I had to do NOTHING -- they kept bringing out so much incredible food with the most professional service -- there was never a delay or any impedance to giving my guests enormous amounts of exceptional food/drinks.
    The food drinks and service were outstanding.
    The food in my opinion was Michelin 3 star quality -- and my guests continue to regret "not having access to leftovers." Rick and crew you are AWESOME -- EXCEPTIONAL -- THE BEST at what you do -- Katie and myself are *grateful* for you making our day exactly what it needed to be --> unforgettable -- and it would have never been that without your exceptional high-quality delicious work. I could go on for years -- but won't. Sincerely -- **THANK YOU** -- K A O'Toole MD.

Jaime · Married on 08/26/2017

You will not find a local company that can compete with what Emily’s has to offer. Customized menu, professional staff, setup, cleanup, and budget friendly. Everyone raved about the food and our vendor was thrilled with how clean the place was. I’m still hearing from relatives about our signature drinks. Wish I had pictures to share from our Labor Day wedding.

Lulu · Married on 08/13/2017

Emily's Catering Group is simply awesome. I had so many compliments from guests about their food and service. They went above and beyond to help us out when we learnt that the delivery of rentals would cost a lot. They offered to pick up the rentals and return them for free! Can't recommend them enough.

Abbi · Married on 07/22/2017

Emily's Catering was great for our summer wedding! We had a specific vision of our menu (and some very specific beverage service requirements) and style of service and Rick & co. absolutely met every request. I've been an event planner for 10 years and was a bit worried at first because they seemed to easily agree to everything with no pushback or adjustments to the budget--it seemed too good to be true! But everything was exactly what we were looking for, beautiful, and delicious. I've catered so many weddings where the guests of honor never eat a meal, but the food was so good, we definitely enjoyed a full plate! I'm still thinking about the magic they worked with Portabello mushrooms-yum!

Emily's Catering Group 18
    Emily's Catering Group 25
    Emily's Catering Group 26
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 07/01/2017

Oh my god, what can I say about Emily's that will do them justice? First of all, the owner (Rick), coordinator (Jana), and client manager (Cheryl) made our wedding day a breeze. Cheryl answered every nonsense email I sent her with patience and kindness and a helpful answer. Rick and Jana basically acted as day-of coordinations for the reception, running the show and and making us feel like guests at our own party. They assigned one or two employees to follow my husband and I around and make sure we had enough to eat and drink. They were reasonably priced, kind, responsive, and efficient. At the end of the night, they even put together a box of leftovers for us.

I can't recommend Emily's — and especially Cheryl, Rick, and Jana — enough.

Kaleigh · Married on 06/03/2017

I cannot speak highly enough of Emily's catering and the experience they provided for our June wedding! We decided on Emily's as they were a local business with rave reviews, and I can now say from experience that every review was spot on. Being a student with a crazy schedule made our wedding planning timeline a bit unorthodox, but Cheryl worked with us and guided us along every step of the way, from doing our tasting 13 months out while I was on summer break all the way down to frantic emails the night before our big day! We were also on a tight budget, and when we went to the tasting and tried the incredible food that Emily's is serving we thought it was beyond what was possible for us. Our tasting alone was better than much of the fine dining I've had in my life. Rick was informative and seemed genuinely interested in what my partner and I envisioned for our big day. When Cheryl and Rick sent over our proposed menu the next day I had tears in my eyes (dramatic, I know, but I come from a family of foodies!) because what they planned out for us was beyond our wildest dreams for what our wedding menu could ever be. Our family is still raving about the food, the beautiful grazing table and just how many options we had for our appetizers and dinner 'stations' - though the lobster rolls and steamers definitely stole the show! The presentation was gorgeous and portions were HUGE. The staff were all phenomenal and spent all evening making sure my husband and I (and all the guests!) were taken care of. Deciding to DIY much of the wedding had also been an extra stress, but the team at Emily's ended up taking care of most of the responsibilities I thought would end up being assigned to family members, allowing every single one of our guests to just enjoy the day with us. Emily's ensured our wedding day was spectacular and 'all about us', which we will be forever thankful for.

Vanessa · Married on 10/22/2016

Rick, and the staff of Emily’s Catering, are truly amazing. Rick is a great guy - funny, easygoing and amazing at his craft. Every interaction we had with Rick was a true pleasure. We visited him twice before our wedding - once for a tasting, and once to finalize our menu. He was open to all of our ideas and incredibly accommodating to every idea, even incorporating my mom’s own meatballs and sauce as a course! The appetizers were simply amazing and people are still talking about them. They were creative, fun, and delicious. There was certainly no shortage! The courses were incredible. From the taste to the presentation, they knocked it out of the park. Later in the night, I was upset to see no one on the dance floor. When I went looking for everyone, I was FLOORED to see the immense quantity of desserts that were displayed in the dessert room. There were tables upon tables of desserts, stations, etc that was SO MUCH MORE than I expected. At that point, I understood why no one was on the dance floor! There were things that I honestly missed because there was just so much, but later learned about them after hearing everyone talk about all of the deliciousness. Emily’s was absolutely, without doubt, the best. Leading up to the wedding, Cheryl was an absolute dream to work with. There were days I felt like Cheryl was my best friend. Embarrassingly, I sent Cheryl a lottttt of emails, and she was always friendly, organized and accommodating. I truly trusted her and had nothing to worry about. We would recommend Emily’s Catering to anyone. They went above and beyond. The food was amazing, drinks were great, the staff was incredible, the presentation was impeccable and the quantity was immense. One million thanks to Emily’s Catering for helping to deliver the most amazing day!

jessica · Married on 10/08/2016

Rick and his team are amazing, the food was out of this world. I had people at my wedding asking to meet him and for his card!!!HIRE HIM!!!! YOUR DAY WILL BE AMAZING BECAUSE OF IT.. I AM only sad i didnt eat more!!

Justin · Married on 10/01/2016

Book Rick immediately - he and his team are so great to work with and the food is out of this world. At the tasting stage, we were especially impressed by two things - first, the Chilean sea bass (and the rest of the food, but seriously, the sea bass) and second, Rick's attitude and expertise. Some of other caterers we met with were too quick to say "we can do anything" - but we wanted someone with an actual vision and an ability to direct us towards a cohesive menu that would satisfy (and impress) a wedding that would have a lot of foodies from NYC. Rick not only met that challenge and designed a spectacular menu - from passed apps to mains to a delicious dessert bar - but also did it without raising the price every time we wanted to make a substitution or change a sauce (which other caterers tried). Rick also catered our welcome reception the night before the wedding, and did a "Taste of New England" themed event with lobster rolls, clam chowder, a sliders bar and lots of sides. Everything was so good our guests thought the rehearsal could've been a wedding feast, and they were even more impressed at the wedding - many comments that it was the best wedding food they've ever had (or that it shouldn't even be considered "wedding food" it was so good)! You can't go wrong with Rick and I appreciated his steady hand and calm demeanor even as we were making last minute additions and deletions with guests. Thank you Rick!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Emily's Catering Group's reply:

Thank you for the kind words and accolades. We really enjoyed working with you and your families to make your wedding weekend spectacular! I just wish I could have held off the rain on Friday night!

Kelly · Married on 09/10/2016

I have been looking forward to writing this review since my wedding - Rick and his team were absolutely perfect in every single way. I had a wedding for 250 people at my parents home, so we needed to have an extremely organized team who could cook for the masses. And boy did Rick and team deliver! From the first planning phases to the day of, every detail was perfect.

Rick planned the most creative menu I have ever seen - appetizers like shrimp with a squeeze bulb of tequila, mini crocks of mac and cheese, duck quesadillas, a grilled cheese bar, etc - and the drinks were outrageously fun. He personally made jalapeno-infused mezcal, and created a frozen vodka bar that my friends have been raving about for weeks. The entire salad and dinner course was served to 250 people in under an hour, and dinner was cooked PERFECTLY for everyone. Multiple people commented that their steaks were done just right and were the perfect temperature.

More than that, Rick was kind, thoughtful, and such an absolute pleasure to have as a part of my day. I genuinely enjoyed getting to know him; he was quick to reply to all my emails, had innovative ideas, and he and his team made my day perfect. He truly understood how to make the food and drinks an integral part of the day. I will absolutely use him again and cannot say enough good things about him and his team! You will not regret using Emily's!

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2016

Everything was absolutely perfect, I can't imagine having used another vendor for our wedding. The food, the presentation, the service-- even billing and planning. Everything was easy and flawless. People are still raving about the food.

Rachel · Married on 06/04/2016

Hiring Emily's Catering was the best decision we made for our wedding day. We must have talked to 20 different caterers (including the two preferred by our venue) but Emily's was by far the best quality and value. Our guests, most of whom were from NYC and all of whom have very high standards -- RAVED about the food. The appetizers were plentiful and beautiful (our fave was the ahi tuna tacos served with a mini margarita) and the entrees (filet mignon, miso sea bass, chicken, and a stuffed portobello) were all delicious.

And if the quality of the food and fairness of pricing isn't reason enough, Rick and Cheryl are the easiest people to work with. I had absolutely no concerns or reservations heading into the wedding because I knew they had every detail covered!

Megan · Married on 05/21/2016

We had a wonderful experience with Emily's Catering Group. During planning they were flexible and open to what we wanted, but also helpful with providing ideas. They were easy to communicate with and friendly. On our big day everything ran smoothly. The food was so delicious, perfectly cooked and great variety! Rick has so many fun options to make your wedding unique. Our guests raved about it for weeks after! Service was exceptional and they made sure that even the tiny details were in place. They seemed happy to be making our day special for us. Wonderful!!

Sonja · Married on 04/23/2016

We hired Emily's Catering for our wedding on 4/23 and they were great! The food was really good, staff was very friendly and helpful, and everything flowed very smoothly behind the scenes. Cheryl/Rick were very good to work with - both very friendly, attentive and professional. Everyone loved the food and I really loved how we were able to really personalize our menu. My husband's side of the family is Colombian so they made amazing chicharrons and empanadas during our cocktail hour. I grew up on the Shoreline in CT and we even had a New England station with lobster rolls and steamers! The also provide a 2 tier wedding cake which was really nice - one less vendor I needed to hire.

Day of, they really took care of everything and I really didn't have to be involved at all! I would definitely recommend Emily's catering for fantastic wedding food, a personalized menu, and great service. Thanks Rick/Cheryl!

Brian · Married on 03/26/2016

SUPERB!!! Honestly I was blown away with the quality, care, professionalism, & execution of services that Rick and his staff provided at our wedding! He was referred to me by a girlfriend who hired him a couple years before who said he was the best and she was absolutely right. It was perfect right from the initial contact, menu tasting, quick email responses, walk though, and right on through the wedding day. His office mgr, Cheryl, was great to work with in ironing out all the details and his captain at the wedding, Jonathan, ran everything so perfectly & smoothly. All of our guests raved about how delicious & plentiful the food was. We had an antipasto station, 8 passed hors d'ouvres, sit down 2 course menu, followed by cake, desserts, & coffee/tea. They even created an AMAZING Art Deco cake replica from a picture I sent them!

You have 1 shot at that perfect day, so Emily's Catering Group is definitely the way to go!

I can't thank Rick & his staff enough for making my dream wedding come true!

David · Married on 03/26/2016

We used Emily's for our wedding in March of 2016 and they were fantastic! Rick was super easy to work with and had some great suggestions for our menu offerings. After getting the ol' bait and switch (offered a low per plate price, then charged a ridiculous service fee) from another caterer, Rick was able to help us out on short notice (about 2 months before the wedding date). He offered us a very fair price since we had an off season wedding. We told him our budget and he was able to offer us everything we wanted and more. Emily's is completely full service, they take care of the dinner, cocktail hour, bar, table designs, servers and bartenders. When the wedding day came, Emily's showed up and promptly set everything up. Everything looked beautiful and we had a lot of compliments on the table settings. During the cocktail hour, Emily's huge selection of passed appetizers were a hit. They have very creative passed apps, and all the different options were a lot of fun and all of our guests were super impressed. The bartenders Emily's provided were also fantastic. These ladies were super energetic and friendly and they made great (heavy handed) mixed drinks. We also had a huge beer selection. The dinner service was prompt, tasty, and there was plenty of food. They even offered seconds to our guests who wanted them, and had a special meal made my little cousin who is a super picky eater. The other vendors were also well taken care of. When the end of the night came, Emily's crew helped us with the break down process which was a huge help. I could not be happier with the way things went down on our wedding night and Emily's was a huge part of that. They made our wedding seem 10x more expensive than it really was. If you are looking to have a classy, fun, and most importantly, affordable, wedding, definitely give Emily's a call.