Emily's Cafe & Catering Reviews

Emily's Cafe & Catering 3
Emily's Cafe & Catering 4
Emily's Cafe & Catering 5

Becky · Married on 09/15/2018

There are no words to explain how much we loved working with Emily’s for our wedding in September of 2018. We were looking for a menu that would reflect the laid-back and comfortable atmosphere we wanted for our wedding, and we were so excited to see that Emily’s had the most perfect menu for us! Our guests raved about how amazing every single hors d’oeuvre and meal was - we had several passed hors d’oeuvres and three attended stations with pulled pork, mac and cheese, salmon and clams, and assorted flatbreads, just to list a few. Our dessert consisted of a variety of cupcake flavors - all of which were absolutely decadent! Finally, the staff at Emily’s was absolutely exceptional. We worked with both Jenn and Danny, who both went above and beyond to make sure that we were taken care of and that the entire day ran smoothly. Both of them were extremely professional, attentive to details, and thorough. The wait staff and bartenders were highly attentive and made sure to take care of my husband and I like family. Emily’s also helped us to arrange for rentals and an open bar - difficult tasks to navigate without their expertise. I would gladly hire Emily’s to cater every event I plan in the future, and we would highly recommend them to everyone!

Taylor · Married on 06/09/2018

Book them, book them, book them, book them. Do it now, you cannot possibly do it fast enough. Having Emily's cater our wedding was hands down the best choice we made during planning. The food is phenomenal- you can find that out when you do a complimentary tasting, probably complimentary because it is basically guaranteed you will book them once you try their food. We had a handful of foodies, people with sensitive diets, and general curmudgeons and they are all still raving about the food.

If the incredible food isn't enough to sell you, book Emily's because of Jennifer. By the time we got to the wedding day, I was almost more excited to see Jennifer than I was to see my future husband. Jennifer coordinated our rentals, our alcohol, the staff, set up of our rentals and decorations. She truly did it all. She answered my late night panicked texts and incessant emails. People not only commented on the quality of the food, but also the quality of the service. The bartenders were incredibly friendly and the servers were all attentive. It doesn't hurt that first thing after the ceremony, Jenn brought us drinks and plate of all of our appetizers. If you want to have a smooth wedding day, an experienced person to help guide you through your entire wedding, and the best wedding food you've ever had, book Emily's.

Kaitlin · Married on 10/21/2017

Words cannot even express how happy we were with Emily's!!! We used them for our wedding last month and they were a huge part in making our day perfect! My husband and I are huge foodies, so it was important to us that we found a caterer that reflected our passion! We were absolutely blown away by everything we tried at our tasting, and everything was just as amazing at the wedding! Every single guest raved about how wonderful everything was! (They're still talking about it a month later!!) And our cake was not only one of the most beautiful wedding cakes I've ever seen, but it seriously may have been the best cake I've ever tasted!! I cannot say enough great things about working with Jennifer! She seriously went above and beyond to make sure our day went smoothly. We had a venue where we had to bring everything in ourselves, and Jenn was SUCH a huge help. She is the sweetest and incredibly professional. We HIGHLY recommend using them!!!

Emily's Cafe & Catering 6
    Emily's Cafe & Catering 7
    Emily's Cafe & Catering 8
    Emily's Cafe & Catering 9
    Emily's Cafe & Catering 10

breanne · Married on 09/23/2017

We cannot overstate our satisfaction. We worked with both Beth and Samantha throughout the planning process, and Beth was our event captain at the wedding. Both of them were consummate professionals, kind and highly responsive. The entire staff at the wedding was professional and hardworking. And of course the food was excellent. We served meat and fish at our wedding, but I am a vegetarian, so it was important to me to have quality, inspired vegetarian options too. Emily's delivered -- we got so many compliments from our guests (especially on the steak and pumpkin cake).

Even beyond the food, Emily's provides incredible value. They work directly with an event rental company and do all of the pre-wedding coordination for you. Our venue (Willowwood Arboretum) was challenging -- there is no running water, and you are basically given use of outdoor space and have to figure the rest out. Emily's handled rentals of the tables, chairs, tent, lighting, dance floor, dishes, silverware, glassware, linens, extension cords, etc. and looped us in only as necessary to get our opinion on decorative choices. It was really wonderful to have to deal with only one vendor for so many services. Emily's had never worked our venue before, but you would never have known it. Beth put in all the necessary legwork (she met me for an on site walkthrough a month before the wedding, and coordinated with the venue on permits and other logistics), and things went seamlessly on the day of.

Also, we hired a day of coordinator who turned out to lack problem solving skills, but Beth stepped up and basically did her job too. Beth was on top of every minor thing that went wrong (the gas powering our generator for the bathrooms ran out, we were running low on mixers after the cocktail hour), and took care of things without stressing me or my husband out.

A million thanks.

Meredith · Married on 09/09/2017

Before you even start reading the next sentence, pick up your phone and schedule the tasting where you will ultimately beg them to cater your wedding (or any other life event). Of all the decisions we made throughout the journey of wedding planning, this was the best of them all. Jenn took the greatest care with every detail from start to finish. And the food was SPECTACULAR. And when I say spectacular, I mean some of the best food we have ever had (and we like to pamper ourselves with nice dinners out quite often). I've heard brides don't often remember the details of the big day, but I most certainly will remember how delicious the passed apps and dinner were that evening. We had a few people comment on the wedding and decor, but almost every single guest commented "that was the best wedding food we have ever had". And that was exactly what we wanted! I honestly can't recommend them enough.

Laura · Married on 08/05/2017

We got married at a private venue & Emily's Cafe was spectacular. The staff were warm, friendly and hardworking. They made sure my wife and I got plenty of food on our wedding day, despite the chaos. They brought out kids meals for the little ones immediately after everyone was seated. In addition to food, they also brought various useful signs and a frame to hand all our escort cards from. And, most importantly, their food was DELICIOUS!! Many guests raved about how delicious everything was. Great value for the money. Highly recommend!

Jenn · Married on 06/25/2017

I worked with Emily's for my wedding last Sunday. They were amazing! The food was unbelievable and the staff was great. Christina was my point person and she was wonderful throughout the entire process. She made it so easy for me and had an answer to every question. I only have positive things to say and so did all my guests.

Anne · Married on 06/03/2017

We loved working with Emily's Cafe and Catering for our entire wedding weekend. We worked with them to plan our rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour, reception dinner and wedding cake. The staff and service were wonderful and our guests were raving about the food the entire weekend. I would highly recommend Emily's if you are looking for a caterer.

• Y

Yessine · Married on 10/09/2016

We booked Emily's for our Fall Wedding at Baldpate Mountain. Jennifer was our event coordinator and she stuck by our side from the beginning of our planning process until the end. She was super responsive and flexible. She was also really encouraging as she helped me bring my "rustic/romantic" vision to life. The farm to table food was great and am beyond satisfied with the way the team helped stage and decorate the reception. Jennifer really made planning easier on me by being apart of so many other areas of the process besides just the food. Lastly, Emily's is familiar with many other wedding vendors in the area, such a photographers, DJ's, and florists, so this made a huge difference in how the vendors worked together to make the wedding flow seamlessly. For example: We originally planned to have an outdoor wedding, but it began to rain last minute. Jennifer had a backup plan ready and completely transformed the ceremony and reception layout, while ensuring all guests were still comfortable.. and no one even noticed! I am beyond grateful for my positive experience with Emily's Cafe and Catering. Huge thanks to the entire team!

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

Emily's Café and Catering helped to make our wedding day even better than I could have imagined! Christina from Emily's Catering had been my go to girl for a whole year before our big day. Any questions I had, she always had an answer, and was especially helpful with answering questions not even related to food but having to do with my venue or décor. The food served was not your typical "wedding" menu and had so many different wonderful things to choose from to build the menu. They served "pre-ceremony refreshments", a Warm apple cider, for guests to enjoy before the ceremony and during cocktail hour ( perfect for our fall wedding!)
    From the very start of the planning process I never had a shadow of doubt that Emily's Catering was going to provide outstanding food and service, and I was not let down at all. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Café (which also has awesome food!! ) their Catering staff and the amazing food. Everything down to our wedding cake and the cocktails they mixed up were wonderful. We could not have asked for a better day, and all of the staff at Emily's definitely helped to make it the best it could be!

Andrea · Married on 09/24/2016

We used Emilys catering for our wedding in September. From our very first meeting with Jennifer (our point person) we felt comfortable and in great hands. She was very personable, professional, and knowledgeable. She helped us organize not only our food and cake details, but also rentals. Every meeting was organized and in depth. She really got to know us as a couple and what our desires and vision were for the wedding. She was always available via phone or text and quickly responded to any questions we had. The day of she was always there if we had a concern (even if it wasn't related to her job). Jennifer and her staff made our day run smoothly and seamlessly. The food was delicious. Every plate I saw was scraped clean and the amount of compliments we received about the food were countless. Thanks in large part to Jennifer and the staff of Emilys our day turned out perfect. We are now trying to plan events so we can have them cater for us again!

laurie · Married on 08/06/2016

I highly recommend Emily's Catering for any special occasion. We have had the great good fortune to have Emily's help us out twice at our house. First for a small wedding (24) and then more recently in August '16 for our daughter's wedding (175).
    From start to finish, Christina, our wedding point person, was professional, efficient and thoughtful. She walked my daughter, her fiance and myself through the whole process -from the tasting menu in the cafe last november, to mid winter reminders to firm up our selections, to early summer when we fine tuned the entire dinner. Then she arrived the day of the wedding smiling and confident and supervised the entire emily's staff until the very end at 10pm. I can't say enough about their professionalism and the care with which they performed their job. the food was unbelievably delicious and they genuinely seemed happy to be a part of the wedding. They endured heat and humidity, and even a thunderstorm, and yet they carried on. The food was hot and beautifully presented. Their cleanup was outstanding. When we finally called it a night and went into the kitchen, there were leftovers neatly packed and the wedding cake ready for us to dive into!
    You will be lucky if you are able to engage Emily's Catering for your party.

Booking with Emily's Cafe & Catering is a must! From the beginning of the planning process to the execution the day of, Emily's catering is incredibly helpful, accommodating, and professional. Quality food was of utmost importance to my fiancé and I and our expectations were not only met, but exceeded. In addition, Emily's was truly accommodating in regards to my many food allergies, and took extreme caution and care to make sure I could eat and enjoy the food at the wedding, without sacrificing taste/quality. Throughout the night our guests were raving about the food and the quality of the wait staff/service. All of this could not have been achieved without the diligence of our catering manager/event planner Jennifer, who is incredible! She worked closely as a liaison between us and the chef, rental company, and our venue coordinator to make sure all our needs were met and everything ran smoothly from beginning to end. Jennifer, I can't thank you enough for all of your hardwork, organization, and flawless execution. The wedding was a dream come true, and I know it wouldn't have been the same without you! Lots of love, Kelly and Ben

Phoebe · Married on 06/04/2016

We had the most wonderful experience with Emily's Cafe and Catering! The staff was extremely professional, interested in helping us achieve our vision for the wedding, and responsive to our requests and feedback. We couldn't have been happier with Emily's!

Vince · Married on 10/24/2015

Absolute perfection! Our wedding was completely customized and we couldn't have been more satisfied and truly impressed with everything the staff at Emily's did. Our 180+ guests have been telling us about how awesome the food was as well as the venue (1850’s River House) and how it truly captured our personalities and was such a great time!

The event planning staff was awesome and integral in making our wedding day our's and keeping us within a budget. They enthusiastically and patiently listened to our various ideas about the food we wanted and feel of the event and came back to us with a sample menu that other than a few minor item changes was completely on point with what we were struggling to structure in our own minds and pretty much ended up being our final menu.

Your experience to make insightful suggestions with the menu, venue usage, event details and day of logistics was invaluable and your professional and fun event staff all took the ball and ran with it all day and all night to carry it all out. Many thanks of course to the chefs for the amazing food they prepared! Really, to all of your staff who had a hand in making this day happen thank you so much for doing what you do so well!

Appreciatively,

Vince and Anna Cifelli

Tim · Married on 09/19/2015

Working with Emily's for our wedding catering was a fantastic experience. The staff was incredibly kind and attentive. We went into the event with rather unconventional ideas--we really wanted a taco bar for dinner. Jenn (our event captain from Emily's) and her staff really pulled it off. The food was fantastic (especially the corn risotto!) and the service was outstanding. Our families are still telling us how much they enjoyed the food and what a great caterer we had. Emily's handled everything, making our big day as simple and carefree as possible. They beautifully arranged our decorations, ensured that everything was occurring in a timely manner, and cleaned up after the wedding perfectly. We would gladly recommend them to anyone who needed a caterer for an event! The whole experience, from our original tasting until the big day, was fantastic.

Lisa · Married on 08/15/2015

Wonderful catering company! Jennifer accommodated my every dietary need, and even made separate dishes. The staff was warm, friendly, and responsive. My guests commented all night about how good the food was, and how professional the serving staff was. I would definitely recommend this company!!

Krystyn · Married on 07/11/2015

Awesome! Jennifer was the best!

Catherine · Married on 05/02/2015

We wanted to thank Emily's Café and especially Christina, for helping us make our day wonderful. The preparation and planning was great, and she also suggested a photographer, tent vendor and DJ.
    The food was simply superb, and the setup and service wonderful!!! We asked for a wedding cake according to my old family recipe and that was also possible.
    Our guests said this was the best wedding catering they have ever experienced.
    So thank you once again,
    Cathy and Terry

Melissa · Married on 05/01/2015

Without Emily's, my wedding would not have been nearly as amazing as it was. Samantha coordinated everything so well that I was able to relax and enjoy being a bride. They were so helpful and the food was out of this world. My guests were unanimous in the opinion that it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. I wish my little sister was getting married in this area so they could cater her wedding, too!

We contrated with Emily's for our vintage barn wedding at the Rarittan Inn. They provided above and beyond service! They gave tips and floor plans on gave ideas on a workable set up for the barn and tent including prop transitions between the ceremony and reception. They also directly coordinated with our party rental supplier directly, saving my husband and I a lot of the planning stress during an already hectic time.

On wedding day, the staff dressed the tables and and up center pieces. They were even thoughtful enough to bring extra details in case we forgot anything... like a sign and box for our gift table. As far as the food goes, it was great! We still get compliments from our guests regarding the meals. We hightly recommend Emily's.

Margaret · Married on 10/25/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Emily's Catering! Jenn was incredibly responsive to every email, even about the smallest detail. The menu was flexible and there were so many amazing options to choose from. They were also very conscious about our budget. The food was amazing and we got so many compliments from our guests.

Jenn went above and beyond typical catering duties. She helped put out all of our center pieces and really played a big part in the day of coordinating. I felt completely comfortable leaving things in her hands.

I would recommend Emily's to anyone!

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2014

I love Emily's!!!!!! Jennifer was my contact, and she was such a delight!!! Super responsive via email, always accommodating (including to unusual requests, such as wedding pies and ice cream from my favorite local place), and she even brought me a plate full of chocolate-covered strawberries at the reception to make sure I got some. The food was absolutely to die for - gourmet preparations, truly truly delicious. If the food is important to you, go for Emily's!

Emily's was a crucial part to our wedding- not only did they provide the great food, cake, and service, but Sam also coordinated all the rentals and set-up- so much more than I ever expected a caterer would do! Sam herself was so patient, kind, and helpful through the process- she definitely made the planning stages a lot easier. We couldn't be happier we chose them, and I'm still getting compliments on aspects of their services and food. We are definitely looking forward to using them again in the future.