Emily Sullivan Events Reviews

64 Reviews for Emily Sullivan Events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Marilyn · Married on 12/07/2018

Best decision I ever made

Wedding went so smooth and it was so incredible and I give them SO MUCH of the credit. I knew I would want a wedding planner once I started planning since I was new to New Orleans and needed guidance vendors wise. I picked ESE at first because of the fact that they worked so often with the venue I wanted, I knew I couldnt go wrong. But once I met with the team and they saw my vision loud and clear, I couldnt not hire them. Throughout my 16 month planning time, any questions I had about budget, venue, vendors, they answered them. Once they completely took over, I did the month of planning option, I was completely at ease because I knew I could trust they had it all under control. Rehearsal went so smooth, Emily wrangled the bridal party and made sure everyone knew what they were doing at all times for the big day. The day of the wedding, I had an ESE team member, Michelle, who did so great through out the day handling the photographers, my bridal party and myself, even great with the kids, always asking if I needed water or a drink or a break. Every member of the ESE staff were amazing! Everyone keeps telling us how EPIC our wedding was and I give credit to ESE staff.

Michael · Married on 05/26/2018

Hiring Emily was by far the best decision that we made for our wedding. Her experience and knowledge of New Orleans weddings, vendors and locations was invaluable in giving us the destination wedding of our dreams. We continue to think about how perfect our time was and there is absolutely nothing that could have been any better. Emily ensured every detail was covered, while removing all stress from us as we prepared and during the actual day of the wedding. When things got busy, Emily was there to guide us completely everywhere that we needed to be. Her recommendations for vendors were perfect, and she even found us better venues than what we had originally planned. If you want to have a truly amazing New Orleans wedding without any of the 'wedding headaches' that people complain about, hire Emily! Thank you so, so much Emily & team! - Michael & Tevis

• W

whitnee · Married on 11/04/2017

Emily and her team were the best! They allowed me to just focus on my wedding and they dealt with everything else! I can't imagine what I would have done without them! Must hire!!

katie · Married on 04/01/2017

Emily is amazing! There is a reason I hired her and its because she is a little bulldog. I am way too laid back and I needed a planner like Emily to get me exactly what I wanted and she did! My husband and I had Emily plan all of our wedding weekend events, the rehearsal dinner, welcome party and wedding/reception. We had so many people tell us they had never been to a wedding like it! The only negatives were the day of, the assistants were not my favorite (I believe she has new ones now so not to worry), and there was a lack of communication between Emily and our photographer about our first look and photo locations.

Denise · Married on 03/04/2017

Being that my daughter's wedding was a destination wedding I was very nervous about everything going as planned.
    I was very involved with what we wanted since I am a designer by profession. I hired Emily for the day of and I got so much more than I was expecting. It turned out more as the month of with a couple of meetings and bringing items that Emily stored, she was available for the rehearsal as well as the wedding and reception. They were always on point and available. All I can say is I was more than pleased- everything was laid out according to plan. The only hitch was the bakery and I had a miscommunication and the pralines I thought I ordered were not delivered. Emily's team went out at 8:30 that night and purchased some so I would have them there for our guests! I truely cannot say enough about Emily and her staff. They have it together. Our guests had the ultimate New Orleans experience, and Emily helped make that possible. Thank-you!

Heather · Married on 02/11/2017

My best advice is to pick Emily Sullivan Events for your wedding or event. The team works together so well and has all your bases covered- I promise!

daisy · Married on 12/31/2016

I had a destination, rainy, holiday wedding that was a DREAM thanks to ESE. In retrospect I was someone who thought I could plan a destination wedding on my own. I had emailed probably 20+ caterers and venues throughout the year before we decided on NYE, and visited a number of venues in New Orleans. Given my experience with event planning, I was convinced I could do it with only a day-of coordinator. I couldn't have been more wrong. I was in the midst of law school finals when I had a minor panic attack and was like "I need to contact a planner for advice" and it was pure chance that I heard back from Emily first. Over the phone, she exuded professionalism, compassion and understanding. She was honest about budgetary concerns and seemed no nonsense. She was also VERY responsive, which was nice for someone like me who is always on their phone or email. While some of my friends wanted planners who would make them dozens of Pinterest boards and act like their best friends, I needed someone who could make hard decisions, negotiate prices and not stress. I also wanted someone who would listen to me, consider my vision, and offer the right amount of pushback. She and her team boasted the right amount of responsiveness and availability, yet come the actual wedding week they were handsoff so I could enjoy the hundreds of friends/family in town too. I couldn't have trusted her more. I know she had dozens of other brides (along with her own children), but she always made me feel important.

What I think best sums up my experience with Emily is that it rained on my wedding and she flawlessly executed everything. She never seemed stressed, and her level of calmness rubbed off on me. And when I say rain, I mean POURING. She made all the necessary changes without stressing me out - even FaceTiming me an hour before the ceremony just to make sure everything was ok! She was such a saint and couldn't have made our NYE celebration more magical! Couldn't recommend her more!

Megan · Married on 11/05/2016

Emily and her team were such a pleasure to work with for our wedding. My husband and I are NYC-based, and having Emily's expertise and honesty every step of the way proved essential, as well as affirming. Even though we selected the majority of our vendors ahead of time, Emily answered any questions and alleviated any concerns we had throughout the planning process. Emily even helped manage all of our family politics onsite. Most importantly, Emily was such a positive influence on the day of the wedding - so that my husband and I were able to dance, celebrate and spend time with friends and family.

Laura · Married on 10/14/2016

Emily and the whole team at GPE went so above and beyond what I expected! She took every single ounce of stress off of me during the planning process and our wedding day went so smoothly. One of her assistants, Melissa, was there with me while getting ready and she was so kind and made me feel completely at ease. Once we arrived at our venue, there was ALWAYS someone right there asking us if we needed anything, it was amazing and my husband and I felt like royalty! The weather was kind of hot that day and I was nervous and one of the GPE team members literally stood there and blotted my sweat with a towel whenever I needed it during pictures haha! That shows that they truly care about you and that your day is as amazing as it can possibly be. Emily is an amazing designer and really took my vision and made it into reality. I couldn't have asked for a more caring and devoted team. Go with GPE, you will be so happy that you did!

Gail · Married on 10/14/2016

The bride attends grad school in Hammond, bride and groom live in Baton Rouge and planned New Orleans French Quarter wedding. Parents in Virginia. We knew we needed "local" hands-on assistance and guidance and Emily and team were the perfect solution. They were polished, organized, calm under pressure and took care of the smallest details. Highly recommended!!

Heather · Married on 10/08/2016

I can't get over how AMAZING my wedding was. All of my guests said it was the best wedding ever! We planned ours from out of town and definitely needed her help. Also, remember the contacts and expertise she has will save you time and money in the long run.. there's no reason not to book her in my opinion! Her and her team took all of my ideas and made them even better that i could imagine. They are amazing!

Melissa · Married on 05/29/2016

My husband and I got married in New Orleans a month ago, and we are STILL getting calls and cards from people telling us how amazing the wedding was. That should give you some idea of the dedication, professionalism, aesthetic taste, grace, and all-around awesomeness of Emily and Get Polished. We don't live in New Orleans and so knew we probably needed a planner. But we were initially a little hesitant to hire Emily because we worried she was too expensive for our budget. However, my instincts about Emily were strong- I LOVED all her past events that I looked at on websites, and I also loved talking to her. She was practical, down-to-earth, quick to respond, and clearly very knowledgeable. So we hired her, and she and the Get Polished team did an amazing job in every respect. For the budget conscious, I want to emphasize that I am more than convinced Emily was worth it- she saved us money by finding amazing deals and sticking scrupulously to the budget we named. Aside from the strictly practical, everything else was perfect too. Her sense of decor, look, feel, flow-- all those intangibles that go into an event-- was perfect. Every vendor was spectacular. The flowers were incredible. The cake was incredible. The Second Line Band was incredible. The day of the wedding, no one had to worry about anything. Emily's team made sure everything flowed perfectly smoothly, and yet they were completely unobtrusive too. I also had my hair and makeup done by Get Polished, which was a perfect experience as well. A last note for out-of-towners getting married in New Orleans: it sometimes took a while to finalize things or get responses, generally not from Get Polished per se but from vendors. My husband is a New Yorker and this bothered him....I'm from Houston and I know things just move slower in the south. Don't worry-- everything comes together in the end!!!

Clara + Brian · Married on 05/21/2016

Emily and her team at Get Polished are the absolute best! I still can’t get over how perfect our day was thanks to them! My husband and I got married in the French Quarter in May - I spent weeks interviewing wedding planners and as soon as I talked with Emily I knew she was the one :) Being an out of town couple planning a destination wedding in NOLA, we knew a planner was more than necessary - we wanted to plan our wedding ourselves (so did not want a full service planner from start to finish) but knew we needed someone who knew the city to guide us as well as manage the day-of festivities! Emily offers varying packages at reasonable prices that couples can choose from - we chose the month-of package and I honestly say that Get Polished went WAY above and beyond a one month contract. While a lot of planners I talked to said under their one month contract you wouldn’t really touch base until a couple months before the wedding, Emily was available to answer unlimited emails from us asking for advice. She kindly always responded with amazing tips and recommendations in a super timely manner - and her suggestions and connections with other vendors alone saved us so much time and money!! When our reception venue was SOLD and our contract canceled with just 8 months to find a new venue, Emily was there. She helped us find an even more amazing venue that you can’t even find online but that her friend managed. I don't know what we would have done otherwise! As for the day of, Emily and her team did everything possible to make sure every detail was perfect and that most importantly that we and our families could just relax and enjoy the moment, knowing the Get Polished team was there to take care of the rest. I can’t thank them enough and recommend them wholeheartedly.

Ashley · Married on 10/10/2015

Look no further for your wedding planner, you have found her! Emily & her team were absolutely a-maz-ing! I was an out-of-town bride who wanted a NOLA French Quarter Wedding. When Emily asked me what I wanted, I told her I just wanted it to be fabulous...she made it happen. The Get Polished Events Team made me feel like I was their only Bride, seriously, I always got a response the same day no matter how small the request/question was. Believe it or not, I actually picked my venue through FaceTime with the team. Emily assured me that I would love the venue and it fit perfectly with my style. When I finally got a chance to visit the venue, I was floored because it was everything that I wanted.
    My wedding was two months ago and all of my guests are still raving about how fabulous it was! The Get Polished Events Team is truly the most professional, creative, and fabulous planning team out there!

Laura · Married on 09/12/2015

Emily and her team were AMAZING to work with. I am the sister of the bride and love to plan events so I was very involved in the process. Emily was very patient and also realistic when dealing with a budget.
    Her team is effective and gets the job done! Bride and Groom are from Florida/Illinois and more than 200 guests traveled to NOLA for the wedding and everything ran smoothly!
    Take it from me (a very picky and detail-oriented person)... THIS IS THE TEAM TO HIRE. Thanks again Emily & team for an unforgettable weekend!

Megan · Married on 08/15/2015

I can't say enough about Emily and the Get Polished team! They made our wedding dreams come true. Emily and The Get Polished team were my source of sanity and calm throughout the entire process. From turning our reception venue into something above and beyond my wildest expectations to guiding us through each step in the planning process, Emily and the team were TOP NOTCH. Their day of organization was amazing and kept everyone calm and able to enjoy themselves.
    Emily and the team strike a perfect balance of listening to your vision, gathering a deep understanding of that vision, and connecting you to vendors that are able to deliver.

THANK YOU GET POLISHED EVENTS for dedication, organization, and guidance. Y'all are truly amazing and one of a kind.

Brides in NOLA: if you are considering hiring a wedding planner, I URGE you to call Emily and Get Polished Events. You will not be disappointed!

Virginia · Married on 05/24/2015

Best wedding decision I made! Emily and her team were on point with all aspects. They made the best vendor recommendations, we understood my style and executed the event flawlessly. I would without a doubt hire Emily. My wedding day was perfect, because of her!

Shay · Married on 04/17/2015

Emily and her team are hands down who you want to hire to help plan your wedding. As an out of town bride, I had no idea how to navigate planning a wedding in New Orleans. Emily was beyond helpful, professional and honest. She handled everything for me and my family from helping us find the right vendors to fit our budget, our hotel room blocks and especially the best band ever (The Phunky Monkeys). I can't thank them enough for making our wedding so amazing, perfect and stress free! You will not regret hiring Get Polished for you event!

Jen · Married on 03/21/2015

Emily and Get Polished are AWESOME! I wish I could give them 10 stars, that is how much I LOVE THEM.

When my fiance and I decided to get hitched in Nola, we knew we needed a planner since we're based in Houston. So my mother-in-law, who lives in the area, called around and got a few planner recommendations. I called all of them and knew within seconds that Emily was the best fit. She spent over an hour on the phone with me - before we signed any contract or even talked $$ - just getting to know me, my fiance, what we wanted etc. Doing my due diligence I called several references and all gave me a rave reviews for Emily and her team, so I knew they were the team to go with.

The entire wedding planning process was a breeze. Like, everyone was SHOCKED by how chill and relaxed I was during the whole thing. Emily was very communicative and easy to get a hold of and she's soooo calm - I never felt stressed about anything. Her team was great too - Chelle rocked at the hotel blocks, and the team on the ground for the wedding was super nice and organized. We were so impressed with GPE that we had them plan the whole weekend, including the rehearsal dinner and day-after brunch. Both of these events were amazing too.

Now, the good stuff - MY WEDDING AND RECEPTION WERE GORGEOUS AND SOOO FUN. Like, one of the most amazing weddings I had ever been to. Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I wish I could show you photos but I don't think I can... but I'm sure if you reach out to Emily she can share them. We also had a fab photographer, Arte de Vie (LOVE THEM!), so check their blog around mid-April 2015 and you can see some of the pics.

All in all, Emily was one of the best wedding decisions I made - pretty much only topped by deciding to marry Kyle. :) Do yourself a favor, HIRE HER. And feel free to reach out to me - can you message on this site? Not sure - and I'll give you more deets.

Happy planning with Emily!

Merideth · Married on 09/13/2014

Being a wedding planner myself, I knew I had to hire someone for the day of. Emily was so patient with me and my crazy planner antics and was always there when I had a question or needed advice. She went above her call of duty and picked up a table from me from mrs vintage and returned it the next day. In addition there were many other details her and her team took care of. The set up was perfect and not a thing went wrong, that I know of! Thank you for allowing me to be a bride and produce a day that was over the top!

Rosavita · Married on 03/11/2014

WOW I cannot praise Get Polished enough!!! Chelle and Emily made my wedding day magical. They were the answers to my prayers and even the rain didn't destroy the day it went so smoothly!!! Chelle was there practically at our beck and call and friendly and helpful at every turn!! We planned a destination wedding in New Orleans and Emily and her team made sure everything was taken care of for me and my party!! Chelle was onsite and made sure everything was so perfect for me I love her sooooo much!!! The flowers were gorgeous the venue epic the whole entire thing was absolutely easy and the only bad thing was the rain which didn't even seem to bother anybody at all!!! I got so many compliments on the whole event being absolutely gorgeous and that was all entirely Emily and Chelle!!! I seriously could not have done anything close to this on my own... true professionals!!! Their make up team was on time, Friendly, and made everyone look great!!!

Liz · Married on 01/04/2014

BEST DECISION YOU WILL EVER MAKE ABOUT YOUR WEDDING!
    Wedding and reception blew my mind. Every expectation succeeded. If you want to work with a kind, caring woman who is professional and is patient than RUN to Emily Sullivan at Get Polished events. I still cannot believe that was MY wedding. I didn't feel rushed yet everything was timed perfectly...the whole day just flowed and the style...OMIGOSH the style...I remembered why I chose her in the first place...very very keen eye for design...absolutely chic. GORGEOUS reception and wedding. She has your back...I am not great at really putting my foot down and just wanted to please everybody but she was able to speak up for me for the things that I really wanted and were important to me...that was KEY for me. She has grace and poise. AWESOME wedding planner and team. Like I said before...it will be THE BEST decision you make about your wedding...without a doubt. Literally so happy. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Kim · Married on 10/12/2013

Emily was great she was always there for me when I had freak out moments, she also read my mind when it came to decor, flower.., etc. the day of the wedding her and her crew was on top of it. They checked on me the whole day and night. If I was to do again I wouldn't change a thing!!!

Marsha Barr · Married on 10/05/2013

Brief version: We couldn't have been happier! More details: Emily Sullivan & her entire team were so easy to work with. We gave them a tough goal, to keep us within a tight budget & still put together an iconic New Orleans wedding. They found an amazingly beautiful old home that up until now has not advertised a lot for weddings, so we would never have found it on our own. They put together a delicious & varied menu & we had plenty of food left over - which was one of our biggest concerns, not to run out of food. The Second Line band was not only classic with great music, but they were nice guys who seemed to enjoy being part of the party. The DJ was perfect, the cake was perfect, the bar was perfect. We have heard from so many people that this was one of the most beautiful weddings they've ever been to - & it's because Emily knows her stuff. The team is young but experienced, & to a person they seemed to have one goal, that our family should be happy. We are! Thank you, Emily & everyone at Get Polished Events!