Emerson Park Pavilion Reviews

53 | Auburn, NY

53 Reviews for Emerson Park Pavilion

Jessica Dudden · Married on 09/29/2018

Best venue ever

BEST VENUE EVER. I can’t say enough good things about this venue and the amazing people running it. The food was amazing, there was so much room to move around and more importantly dance. They accommodated everything I asked and helped with everything which made the experience stress free. We had an amazing band and the stage was PERFECT. Not to mention the venue itself is stunning. I promise you will not regret getting married at Emerson Park!

Sent on 03/01/2019

Kira Kelley · Married on 08/25/2018

Best day ever!

My husband and I got married at Emerson park in August and we had the best day! Everything about our experience with Andrea was wonderful. She truly made the entire planning process so easy and always made me feel at ease. Andrea was always prompt with responses and had great recommendations when I needed them. Our guests had a blast and several said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. All of the staff was so attentive and kind to our guests. Andrea made sure everything went off with out a hitch on our wedding day and I never had to worry about a thing, instead I was able to celebrate with all my family and friends. I would absolutely recommend Emerson Park for a wedding and would do it all over again in a heart beat!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Julie · Married on 08/11/2018

The staff was wonderful to work with start to finish Andrea is absolutely amazing . She made the planning and the actual wedding day simple for us . We told her what we wanted and we simply just showed up and enjoy the day ! Everyone loved the venue the convenience of having the outside for people to Wander in as well as the spacious dining room Made for a great day and fun was had by all. Can’t say enough good things you wouldn’t be disappointed if you booked here

Sent on 08/20/2018

Stephanie · Married on 07/14/2018

We LOVED Emerson Park. Best day of our lives! They are wonderful people to work with, everyone was so accommodating and the staff is outstanding! If a drink was empty or a plate was finished they made sure to be on top of everything. They whole day went so smooth, I am so grateful for them! And not to mention the place is gorgeous! It’s located right on the lake for a perfect backdrop for photos. All I keep saying is I want to get married again!! We actually got to attend a wedding the weekend after ours and be guests this time, it was so cool the place was transformed completely different from our wedding and everything was just as perfect!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Ruth · Married on 06/16/2018

H&J catered our daguhter's June 16, 2018 wedding at the Emerson. Andrea was very professional and helpful from day one inquiries to day of. activities and support The food was wonderful; and our guests raved aout about the food selections as well. We had looked for about a year in central NY for a quality facility and caterer and we couln't have been happier with our choice.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I were just married at Emerson park on October 7, 2017. It was everything we have ever dreamed of. Not only is the view breathtaking but the food and service was exceptional as well. We received numerous compliments on the food, stating how delicious it was. We worked very closely with Andrea the whole time and she was a godsent. Andrea was extremely responsive to the endless emails I sent her, asking all kinds of questions regarding our wedding to places for rehearsal dinner in Auburn (since we were not from the area). I had to change things a few times and she was super helpful and kind with all the requests made. She made everyone feel at home and everything ran so smoothly. It was perfect because of Andrea and the help of all the staff at Emerson Park. You won't regret booking here!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Julie · Married on 10/01/2017

Emerson Park Pavilion was the perfect choice for our venue. I contacted many venues and Emerson was a clear pick. The Pavilion is a historic, renovated building right on the water located in the Finger Lakes region, it is simple and beautiful. Everyone was friendly and prompt, and H & J Hospitality made everything simple. The prices were clearly laid out and the venue included almost everything plus they provided optional upgraded rentals for things like chairs and linens. The food was exceptional, and we received many compliments on how great the meals tasted. We chose the family style meals which everyone enjoyed. Andrea was our coordinator and she was great, she was very friendly and answered all of my emails promptly. The only things that I felt there a lack of communication on were the tasting, and final payment. For the tasting, only the time, date, and location were communicated so I assumed only my fiance and I were expected to come. I was a little disappointed when we arrived and realized the table was set for six people and we could've brought our parents, they would've loved to have been included. Also, as I was scrambling to get things ready before the wedding I realized it was less than a week away and no one had contacted me for a final head count/payment or table layout. Nonetheless, I paid our bill in time and everything went perfectly on the day of. Neither of those hiccups affected our big day, and I really couldn't have asked for a more perfect ceremony and reception. The only other suggestion I can think of is that it would have been great if there was a bridal suite on the property to get ready at. The recommended hotel by Emerson is the Holiday Inn in Auburn, and the suite was not quite what I pictured getting ready in on my big day.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Emerson Park Pavilion's reply:

Julie
    Thank you for your review it was a great pleasure working with you at Emerson Park also thank you for your comments and suggestions H&J Hospitality is always striving to improve our services so our customers will have a memorable experience to share with friends and family for years to come. Best wishes for your future!

Katie · Married on 08/04/2017

The venue is beautiful and the service is top notch. Andrea, the coordinator is incredible! She worked with us for over a year (all the while having a baby), answering all of our questions, and helping to plan a day that would be customized just for us. Cannot thank her enough for her guidance and how she is able to offer advice from her many years of experience, while still being completely open and excited about your own ideas. The scattered thunderstorms the day of our event didn't throw her off one bit, she had the team ready to adjust everything at a moments notice which allowed our family to enjoy the day. The other staff at the venue are wonderful as well! There was never a line at the bar and food was delicious. Love the outside portico, which was perfect for our bourbon and cigar bar. Certainly very relaxing to be right on the lake.

The only things that proved to be tricky were some mentioned their steak was a bit overdone (but all said the pork chop was delish!) and one of our busloads of guests was late to the ceremony due to traffic from a matinee at the theater. Hopefully they can work figure out a workaround in the future.

Sent on 09/11/2017
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/07/2017

I can't say enough good words for this place! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED it! Andrea was sooooo helpful throughout the whole wedding process and really went above and beyond to make sure my vision came to life! The weather lucked out for us and we got some GORGEOUS shots outside. We had a few smaller children at the wedding. We were worried about melt downs, but thankfully the big space for outdoor seating and yard took care of that! I'll never forget seeing my family SO happy and playing frisbee outside, dancing on the dance floor, rocking in the chairs.. this place is so accommodating for every age range! Not only was the space amazing, but also the FOOD! Definitely make this place a stop if you're looking for a venue in the area :)

Sent on 07/21/2017

Amber · Married on 09/03/2016

Everything you could honestly ask for in a venue (& ceremony too). Between the flowers, the fountain, the lake, and all the surrounding nature while having the comfort of being indoor/outdoor the entire night, it was PERFECT. Staff was super nice & efficient. We started with Andrea as our coordinator then Maria took over while she was out for pregnancy, and it was a smooth transition with everything taken care of. It was a lot to manage/coordinate & it was SUCH a relief not having to be worrying about every single little detail the day of the wedding. I was completely stress free day of! Made me very happy to not have attempted a DIY wedding! Everyone had an AMAZING time. It's only been a week, but everyone is still talking about how perfect the whole day was. Photo options are endless and so nice not to have to go far from the venue esp during cocktail hour. Our wedding party kept our drinks full and staff made sure to come out twice to find us & bring us hors d'oeuvres. Our photographer took advantage of the venue steps, the trees, the open grass, the lake, the small beach area by the lake, and at sunset we walked across the bridge to get pictures under the weeping willow tree. The venue is a one stop shop. I 100% recommend!

Sent on 09/10/2016
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/02/2016

We just had our wedding day at Emerson Park Pavilion on September 2, 2016. I had a hunch years ago that I would be married at this venue while there for a company picnic. There was something about the simplicity of a large room with wood floors and big white windows overlooking Owasco Lake that I just couldn't get out of my head. It truly is a beautiful venue. The staff was extremely helpful from day one. I worked with Andrea from the very beginning, and then also with Maria. Both ladies are experts at their craft and asked me all the right questions when I couldn't remember everything I had to mention or complete! I can't say enough about how well they both worked with each of my vendors (my wedding dream team!). Emerson Park offers a lot of great options no matter what your budget. I was able to bring in all of my DIY decor without any issue. They include a lot of things that add up if you don't think of them (champagne toast, a superior 'house' open bar option, all the linens and napkins, cutting up the cake, etc.). They also allowed us to come in early the day prior (pending there wasn't another event), to set up the room however we'd like with our personal belongings. The staff took care of the remaining things that needed to be set up (placing favors at each seat, setting up the outdoor welcome table, any ceremony signage).
    On the day of our wedding, Maria did a great job of making sure everything was running on time and flowing well. I only saw her a few times, which was a great thing because it meant less decisions to think about and just enjoy all the little moments happening around me! I can't thank her enough for all of her help and professionalism.
    The food! The food is FANTASTIC. We opted to do a family style dinner, which I had not experienced at other weddings I had been to. Everyone truly enjoyed themselves :-)

Sent on 09/14/2016

Megan · Married on 06/03/2016

The venue was stunning and Andrea was amazing to work with. And she was so flexible with changing things, even right up to the few days before the wedding. She made everything easier and kept us on track in the planning process and the day of the wedding!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Shelby · Married on 05/28/2016

Andrea and the rest of the staff at HJH Hospitality went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. I cannot say enough about how accommodating and patient Andrea was during our planning process. I had a million questions and she was always prompt and thorough when answering. Andrea also had great suggestions for us to use that I didn’t even think of. The day of the wedding all of the staff was amazing. I could not believe how efficient they were with everything. With a large wedding of 230 guests everyone made sure to tell us how great the staff was and how tasty the food was. Again I cannot say enough.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Steph · Married on 05/14/2016

I can't imagine getting married anywhere else but here! This was the first and only placed we looked at for our May 2016 wedding. When my husband and I were younger, this park was very special to us. We can't wait to bring our future children here and show them this beautiful gem of the Finger Lakes! Andrea was so professional through the whole process. She was readily available if I had questions and even let us check out some weddings beforehand to see different layouts. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception here. It was so convenient for our guests to stay in the same place all evening and there was plenty of parking. They let guests park overnight as long as they are picked up in the morning. No need to hire a caterer because their food is prepared on site through their company H&J Hospitality. Everyone to this day keeps telling me how delicious all the food was. They made sure we ate first and we had our own server that helped me with my plate when we went up to the buffet. Andrea and her staff made us feel so relaxed and let us really enjoy our day with family and friends. Thanks again for everything!

Sent on 08/24/2016
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 09/05/2015

Our wedding was last week (July 2nd) and I can't say enough about Emerson Park.

Our coordinator, Andrea, was so great to work with through the whole planning process. She followed up almost immediately with any questions we had, offered her advice and guidance, and overall made sure that everything ran smoothly on the day of our wedding.

Not only was Andrea great, the whole staff that night was just amazing. Everyone complimented the waitstaff on their professionalism (and my waitress, Kat, spoiled us all night by refreshing our drinks and helping me with my plate....just an added plus to the level of service :) ). The food was fantastic, too!

Everything was just perfect. We are so happy that we choose Emerson Park. It was such a beautiful spot!

Thank you to Andrea, the whole staff, and H & J hospitality for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/19/2015

Maria was very helpful both with corresponding long distance, and with the day of the event. The food was FANTASTIC, and exceeded our expectations for a brunch style wedding. We were very happy with the way the day unfolded, and could not have asked for more.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Andrew · Married on 07/19/2015

Emerson Park and H&J Catering were absolutely incredibly from the beginning to the end. Andrea from H&J was an invaluable asset to our wedding planning, and wedding day!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Shayna · Married on 05/24/2015

Emerson was the perfect location for our ceremony and reception. All of our guests RAVED about how beautiful it was, and said it was the BEST wedding food they have ever had!!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Alyssa · Married on 04/25/2015

Emerson and Andrea in particular, made mine and my wife's wedding the absolute perfect spot. For a lakefront wedding, you can always plan for a few years ahead and blow your savings account. Andrea was able to find a date in the timeframe we were looking for and worked with our budget to fit our exact needs. She was very helpful in answering every question we had, no matter how small it was. We visited the venue once (we're from California) over thanksgiving and she was kind enought o push her personal travel plans back to meet with us and go over all the details. When the wedding cam in April she was there for us whenever we needed her with a kind, happy, smile on her face.

When it comes to planning a wedding it's very easy for the coordinator to book your business and go on their way but Andrea made us feel like it was all about us and that we had everything we wanted was the top priority until the end of the evening.

Thanks again Andrea!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Emily · Married on 04/11/2015

Emerson park was the best decision for my cocktail hour and reception! Andrea was wonderful to work with, very down to earth and very helpful. She worked with me to figure out my dream reception and the food was FABULOUS! The venue is gorgeous whether you are inside or outside. The staffs attention to detail is wonderful and I didn't have to worry about anything but enjoying my big day!

Sent on 11/23/2015

This review is long overdue. We had both our ceremony and our reception at Emerson Park. Our entire experience was incredible. We worked with Andrea and she was so wonderful! She was very easy to work with, promptly responding to all of my phone calls and emails. She listened to everything we were looking for and helped us to make our day our own.
    All of the staff was great on our wedding day. They were attentive and helpful, but also stayed out of the way.
    We received so many compliments about the food and the atmosphere from our guests. I would highly recommend Emerson Park and H and J Hospitality! Thank you for making our day perfect :)

Sent on 04/26/2015
  • F

Farah · Married on 08/17/2014

We had our wedding ceremony and reception here at Emerson Park Pavilion last weekend and it was the best decision we made. First off, I like to thank our wonderful wedding coordinator Dustin who helped us through everything!! He was very timely in answering all our emails, phone calls and texts.

Emerson Park is a beautiful venue to have your wedding and I highly recommend it. Food is very good as well. Our friends and family had a awesome time and couldn't stop raving about everything. You will not regret having your wedding here. If you can get Dustin as your coordinator he was wonderful.

Sent on 08/22/2014
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/27/2014

All the people we worked with from Emerson Park Pavilion were extraordinary!! I was planning my wedding from CA, and Adrienne was especially helpful in accommodating phone calls at strange hours and visits from my family members on my behalf. They planned out every detail with me far in advance, and made me feel really comfortable throughout the whole process. The day of service was impeccable! All our guests raved about the food, bar service and the beautiful location. I couldn't have picked a better venue for my June wedding! (and there is air conditioning!)

Sent on 09/25/2014
  • W

Wayne · Married on 11/16/2013

Andrea (with Emerson Park) and the rest of the event staff were fantastic.

Andrea was warm, friendly and helped considerably in keeping our stress levels low.
    She was always available and we were able to rest easy knowing the event was in her hands.

Our guests complimented the swift service and attentiveness of the staff during the reception.

I would recommend this venue for any of your major events.

Sent on 11/30/2013