Emerald Events by Nilsa Reviews

Emerald Events by Nilsa 1
  • Mariah

Mariah Shaw · Married on 06/22/2019

Super Professional and Easy to Work With

Nilsa was so professional and easy to work with. On the wedding day she did even more than I thought to make everything go perfectly. I didn't have to think or worry about anything because we had planned it all together ahead of time. On top of that all my family commented about how nice she and Shannon were. She is very responsive to call and email which as anyone who has planned a wedding before knows is extremely important. I would highly recommend Nilsa to anyone looking for a planner or a day of coordinator.

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Mary Jo

Mary Jo · Married on 10/13/2018

Above and Beyond!

Nilsa and Shannon were everything and more I was hoping for! If there were any problems on the wedding day I didn't know about them, which is exactly what I wanted in a day of coordinator! They had great ideas and recommended awesome vendors. Everything was perfect and well beyond what I thought was possible on our budget. Thank you Nilsa and Shannon!!

Sent on 10/27/2018
    Emerald Events by Nilsa 2

Emerald Events by Nilsa's reply:

Mary Jo! Thank you for the kind words. We really enjoyed working with you both. LOVED the intimate ceremony & the easy going attitude you both had throughout the whole planning process. Hugs to you both!!

Joyce · Married on 09/22/2018

Very easy and great to work with. Could not have enjoyed the day if not for them. True professionals that have become friends❤❤

Sent on 10/05/2018

Amanda · Married on 03/10/2018

We could not have been more thrilled! Nilsa and her team were awesome. Everything was taken care of. Worth every penny. Very professional and helpful. Our day was beyond perfect and they were a big part in that!

Sent on 03/16/2018

Melissa · Married on 01/20/2018

First of let me start by saying that the first time I spoke to Nilsa, she immediately put my mind at ease. We discussed my vision and what work had already been done and she took it from there. When something was needed, she offered great suggestions and any additional needed vendors. I put a lot in her hands and she did not fail to deliver, even when thrown additional thoughts or wishes. She always got it done! This will be my go to for ALL event planning! I am still getting compliments 4 days later on how wonderful my guests felt the event was and I am 100% pleased! Thank you Emerald Events, for your Magnificent Work!

Sent on 01/23/2018

A · Married on 08/11/2017

Nilsa was very detailed in helping me plan my special day. She has excellent taste and is very thoughtful and definitely recommend her for your next event!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Chestnut · Married on 07/02/2017

We had the joy of working with Nilsa at a recent wedding. She was extremely professional and well organized. The wedding was absolutely beautiful, and Nilsa and her team were prepared for any twist the day might throw at them. We hope to work with her again soon!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Tamisa · Married on 06/03/2017

Nilsa and her team was awesome. Any concerns I had or stress that came about she was just a call away. And was easy to talk to and understanding. The day of the wedding she made sure I stayed calm and did an excellent jobs setting up. The day was like a fairy tale, nothing went wrong & was everything I would have imagined.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Lorinda · Married on 04/21/2017

The BEST wedding planner! She's in VA and I'm in NY and you would've thought she was my neighbor. Walked me through the entire process! Found my photographer, dj, caterer and supported my "non traditional" ideas! Extremely professional and budget friendly. Contact Nilsa ASAP!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2016

Nilsa and her girls helped us create the most fun, memorable, beautiful, rock n roll wedding ever! Altho hired as a "day of coordinator" I felt Nilsa's support throughout the entire planning process. Seriously, this lady knows her glamour, has amazing vendor contacts and will do her absolute best to make your day stress free! Could not be happier with Emerald Events! ??????????

Sent on 07/09/2017

Crystal · Married on 04/23/2016

I was apart of my sister's wedding in April 2016 that was absolutely beautiful. I was blown away by the intimate details of the decor. It was definitely evident that there were a lot of thought, creativity, planning and organization that went into this day. It was a crazy day for myself and family. At one point we were extremely concern about the weather however, Nilsa and her team were on it. We had a few woredrobe malfunctions, such as my son had a bloody nose that got all over his suit while I was still getting myself ready. OMG! I didn't plan for that and my husband wasn't much help lol. However, I think they had a magic bag because to this day I still don't know how they fixed these problems. They kept us calm (which for my family is a very difficult thing to do) and reassured us that they were going to make this day special. They did that and more! Wish I had known about this wedding planner prior to my own wedding, but definitely will be recommending them to anyone I know who wants a wedding they'll never forget! I usually don't write such a lengthy review but when I received a link to write one for this company I simply couldn't just mark them a 5 star because there services were much higher than a 5. My sister to this day still boasts about her wedding lol. Thank you Emerald Events by Nilsa! Not only making this day memorable for my sister and her new husband but for my entire family!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/01/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/16/2015

I had an awesome experience with Emerald Events by Nilsa. My wedding day was perfect and everything went according to plan because I had Emerald Events by Nilsa for my day of coordination. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/06/2016

J.T. · Married on 01/10/2015

I'm a man of honesty. I'm also a man of pragmatism. When my wife mentioned that we should have a day-off planner, I wasn't sure about the decision. I wanted to make sure everything was wonderful, and I wanted to make sure she was not stressed out, however I didn't know if a planner was necessary.

Cue Emerald Events. Nilsa and her crew were phenomenal. With the meetings we had before the wedding date, my wife and I not only felt comfortable with Nilsa, but we felt immediately comfortable the wedding day. She brought up great points with her past experiences that really assisted us in understanding what we needed to decide. She was amazingly detailed and accurate in her planning.

The day of the wedding, Kari and I didn't even have to lift a finger. We didn't have to problem-solve. All we had to do is get married and enjoy the day. I can say I've seen the opposite of those who did not have a planner, and it was miserable for them.

Nilsa and Emerald Events absolutely did a phenomenal job, one in which I would recommend to everyone. She is detailed, fantastic at communicating, and during the most wonderful day of your life, all you will have to do is stare into the love of your life's eyes and say, "I do."

Well done Emerald Events. We sing your praises all the time!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Samantha · Married on 09/27/2014

Emerald Events provides high quality services. My experience was wonderful. From professionalism of Nilsa and her staff to the level of perfection put into every last detail to make your wedding the day you always wanted. I always joke and say I want to get married again so Emerald Events can do it all over!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Latoya · Married on 03/24/2012

Nilsa did an amazing job with my wedding. She kept me on track with all my tasks and sent me regular emails ensuring me of all that was going well. The day of, I just wanted her to take charge and handle everything so I could focus on just being a bride and she did it flawlessly!

There are obstacles that occur in every wedding that you just can't predict and my friends and family told me later on that she handled them all promptly and professionally. I never knew or saw any of those obstacles. Now THAT is impressive.

Thank you again, Nilsa!

P. S Now if we can just get her to do toddler birthday parties! ??

Sent on 12/04/2016

Cindy · Married on 09/24/2011

Emerald Events helped plan our wedding. She helped us find our photographer and coordinated the day of. It was forecast to rain-we had an outside wedding; Nilsa kept me calm and worked with the venue for plan B. Thankfully, it stopped raining and it went beautifully.
    Thank you for keeping us on task so our day could be perfect and memorable.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Kathryn · Married on 03/10/2011

Nilsa is wonderful to work with! I love what she does and she really cares about her clients and loves what she does. She didnt plan a wedding for me but I work with her on invitations and I wouldnt want to work with anyone else shes great!

Sent on 04/04/2011

JP · Married on 12/12/2009

Budget friendly and worth every penny! Her ideas and execution scream celebrity event without the celebrity price tag. If you want your day to be worry free and memorable, then book Emerald Events by Nilsa.

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • Kathy Jerome

Kathy · Married on 10/14/2018

Stress free!

Nilsa was the first wedding planner I contacted and I knew after our first phone conversation that she would be the person I can trust to take care of my wedding day. Nilsa has such a great heart and she's a professional! Nilsa and Shannon made sure that my day ran very smoothly, I did not have a clue of what went wrong that day and that is exactly what I needed. Leading up to the event Shannon and Nilsa were very informative, if I had a question they would get back to me quickly, they provided great information on vendors, and overall had such a pleasant attitude. Although Nilsa had a Wedding earlier in the day she still stopped by to show support that evening and we greatly appreciated that. If you are looking for a wedding planner I highly recommend you hire Emerald Events

Sent on 11/14/2018

Emerald Events by Nilsa's reply:

Kathy! Thank you so much for choosing us! You looked absolutely beautiful on your wedding day! Wishing you and Victor many years of Love!!

Kari · Married on 05/09/2015

Nilsa did a wonderful job for us! For someone who lacks creativity, Nilsa was a dream come true. We told her what colors we were using and a vague idea of what we were thinking. She did an amazing job creating a beautiful dessert table that was perfect! She incorporated the colors we had wanted and added some touches that were beyond our expectations. Nilsa was very professional and responded to us quickly. I would recommend Nilsa without hesitation and I will definitely be using her services again.

Sent on 11/02/2016

niani · Married on 09/08/2012

My experience with Emerald Events was wonderful. I used her for the day of coordinator. I am glad I choose to utilize her services because my wedding was outdoors and it began to rain while we were transitioning to the reception. Nilsa and her team made it smooth and painless for all of our guests! I highly recommend her business for your wedding.

Sent on 11/03/2016
  • Brad

Brad · Married on 03/24/2018

1.8

Not a good experience

I hired Nilsa based on reviews from this website and others. She offered three "tiers" of pricing and service: complete (start to finish), two months out, and then day-of services. The day-of option, she explained, was more like a weekend package, which also included her company taking over communication with all vendors two weeks prior to the event date. This is what I chose, since I had already picked vendors.

Nilsa offered a 10% discount if I hired her within thirty days of our first phone call, which I took advantage of. She checked in periodically throughout the few months leading up to the wedding to discuss order of events and parts of the ceremony and reception.

Roughly 4-6 weeks prior, I sent her the ceremony order and script that I had planned out. She sent back the template that she usually uses and told me that most clients used her template. I made revisions to the template so that it was how I wanted and sent it back. We discussed the changes over the phone, and she "took notes."

The day before the wedding we had a rehearsal. Nilsa's company was supposed to help with set-up of the venue that day. No one arrived until the planned start of the rehearsal. She began to run through the ceremony, and she was using her order of events, not what I had sent. We stopped the rehearsal, and I again explained what differences I wanted and why, and we practiced the way I wanted it done. Nilsa again "took notes."

After the rehearsal, I asked who would be staying to help finish setting up. Nilsa's assistant explained that they all needed rest before the wedding tomorrow, so no one was going to stay. The groom, the best man, a bridesmaid, and I stayed and decorated the church instead of going to our rehearsal dinner.

Before Nilsa left for the evening, she said she would be at the church at 7 am the next day to open for the vendors that needed to be in early. We planned the timeline entirely around her schedule since she said she had only one other person and couldn't do both the ceremony and reception venues at the same time. The next day, I got a call from a vendor at 7:10, who was at a locked church. I went over and unlocked it myself, and no one from Nilsa's company showed up until 9. Her assistant came and, to her credit, helped with aisle decor. She said Nilsa had been at the reception venue, which was open at 8.

The photographer was supposed to come early for photos. When she wasn't there at the specified time, I called; evidently, Nilsa, during the communication she took over for me, had told her to come an hour after the wedding start time. The photographer later showed me these emails.

I wanted to do a first look with my family before the ceremony and had explained this to Nilsa. When it came time for this, Nilsa's assistant grabbed only my father, leaving out the other four people I wanted included. When I asked where the other people were, she told me there was "no time." Later when I mentioned this to my brother, he said Nilsa had kept him out of the area and told him I had changed my mind.

The ceremony was done according to the template that Nilsa wanted. She did not incorporate any of the changes from her script that I told her I wanted by email, phone, and at the rehearsal the night before. The attendants were very confused, since they were directed to do something different from what was practiced. The musicians also were confused, since they had prepared music for a different ceremony.

We had also discussed an order of events for the reception. This was completely disregarded, and started with an introduction of the bridal party, which I had told her I did not want. She mispronounced names, doing what I had specifically asked her not to do.

There was a playlist cued up for the reception-- an iPad which was already set up, somebody just needed to press play. Nilsa and her assistant played the wrong playlist.

I included in the reception meal count enough for everyone working to have a meal. I had also requested that any leftovers be sent home with my family and the groom's family. During the reception, I happened to see that Nilsa and her assistant had each made two and three to-go plates after eating. The caterer then told me they had asked to take all the leftover food, and he just wanted clarification on who it should go with.

Nilsa and her assistant also left before the end of the reception and left the caterer, the table vendor, and a few family members to clean up the venue.

During the planning process, I mentioned that the vendor I had used for invitations had sent the wrong ones. She made it clear that per our contract she could not suggest any vendors, but she could pass on a name at no cost. She recommended Vistaprint (which is what I had used).

TL;DR No help. Showed up late, left early, told vendors wrong times, didn't do what we had agreed on.

Sent on 05/16/2019