Emerald City Sound Reviews

Emerald City Sound 1
Emerald City Sound 2

Steph Kreuter · Married on 11/10/2018

Great addition to wedding

Matt at Emerald City Sound was great to work with. I booked Emerald City Sound without speaking in person first, but when I spoke with Matt over the phone, I was confident it would be great evening. Matt at Emerald City sound was friendly, flexible and approachable. He did a great job at the wedding of plying songs on the playlist and keeping the party going. I highly recommend Emerald City Sound!

Jill · Married on 10/06/2018

Awesome Wedding DJ!

Matt was so easy to work with and made our event really special! He did a great job incorporating mixing our requests with what he knows will work to get the party started. He's a no-ego MC with the right amount of energy to get guests to listen and stay organized, but he doesn't make it about himself and keeps the focus on the couple. We appreciate he also really rolled with the punches and was flexible when our event space had a few hiccups. Matt also gave us an zip drive with our playlist to keep. We really had a great experience and would hire Matt for an event again!

Kelsea · Married on 09/15/2018

Matt was such an amazing DJ for our wedding! Would highly recommend him for any wedding or celebration. There literally was not one issue with any sound or music. Everything went perfectly and he did a great job reaching out to us if he had any questions or needed anything clarified. Despite our last minute changes to ceremony/reception schedule and song choices there were no issues because he was on it. Matt was amazing!

Chris · Married on 09/15/2018

Matt was great for our wedding. He even made special song loops with our requests that made the event go very smoothly. Everyone at the party was extremely happy with the playlist and songs that he played. We strongly suggest you book him for your special day!

Jordan · Married on 08/26/2018

Working with Matt was absolutely amazing! We had some very specific music that we needed played for part of our family (cumbias), and Matt was able to find a way to include all of it without feeling like the party was slowing down. He was so easy to work with, and met us ahead of time to get a sense of our style and musical interests. We had so many compliments from family and friends saying they loved his choices and his timing! He also did a great job being a helpful MC without talking too much, which we've experienced at other weddings. I cannot recommend Matt enough!

Kyle · Married on 08/24/2018

Matt was great to work with. He was spot on with music and helped make announcements and keep the evening moving smoothly and seamlessly. We were extremely happy.

• Bryndis

Bryndis · Married on 08/19/2018

We were so so so happy to have Matt as our DJ for our wedding!! Everything was executed perfectly, from the ceremony music, to the cocktail hour, to the dancing, the music was exactly how I had envisioned it would be. We just told Matt the type of music we liked and he took it from there. He provided the officiant with a lapel mic, took care of a wireless mic for speeches, made announcements (like when we entered the reception and cut the cake), and even took a couple of karaoke requests! Before our wedding I was a little nervous we wouldn't really be a dancing crowd, but I was so happy with how many people we got up in the dance floor -- even my 80 year old grandma was up for most of the night too!! All in all, Matt made everything so streamline and easy that all we had to do was enjoy our day. Thank you again, Matt!

Nate · Married on 08/10/2018

Matt did an incredible job DJ'ing our wedding! He is a true professional and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding or event DJ. He was extremely flexible and adapted quickly and seamlessly to last minute changes at both the ceremony and reception. Matt is punctual, very easy going and executed flawlessly. Look no further, Matt is your guy. Thanks Matt!- Nate and Holly.

Sonya · Married on 07/27/2018

Matt was such a pleasure to work with start to finish! From walking us through the process and answering my questions as they came up he made me feel at ease throughout the planning process. He made the extra effort to be present at our rehearsal which made all of my pre wedding jitters settle. The entire day of our wedding he was not only professional and fun to work with but the music was a perfect combination of both my husband and i's suggestions and perfectly matched songs to fit the mood. We received several compliments from our guests about how unique our music was and how well it flowed throughout the night. Matt adapted to our changing timeline throughout the night and did a great job with announcements and helping with transitions. I would highly recommend Matt to anyone looking for an amazing DJ to make your wedding memorable and mostly importantly feel like YOU. Thanks for make the soundtrack to our special day so perfect.

Emerald City Sound 3

Thea · Married on 06/02/2018

Matt at Emerald city sound was amazing and professional from the get go. We did have a little more experience with him because he DJ’d my older sisters wedding a year before ours. He was so great to work with, it was slightly long distance and he worked with us over email for the majority of it. His spread sheets made everything so easy, and his communication was fast and effective. We only met with him once before the wedding over in Seattle. His ideas were helpful and you could tell he had a great passion for what he was doing. He made us feel comfortable immediately, my husband and I are extremely happy with our decision to go with Emerald City Sound, our wedding was absolutely what we wanted, and huge part of it was the ambiance that Matt created for us! It was perfect. His timing with our must play songs was also impeccable.
    Thanks again Matt, we are so happy you were apart of our special day.

Cheers,
    Josh, Thea & Auggie Scharmann

Emerald City Sound 4

Jared · Married on 05/19/2018

Matt was very helpful with our specific song requests and had the dance floor packed all night!

Hannah · Married on 03/31/2018

Matt was amazing! We were looking for a DJ who could understand the theme we wanted without us building a playlist and then just run the wedding, and he did just that! We had timelines that had to change and Matt handled them so expertly my bride didn’t notice until I told her the next day! The price was amazing for the seattle area and Matt is extremely friendly. I would recommend Emerald City Sound to any of my friends!

From
    Zack

Adin · Married on 02/18/2018

I don't know where to begin... but I know it all ended with a perfect wedding largely because the best DJ imaginable, Matt. From the get go, Matt was incredibly professional and timely in responding to our endless stream of questions about his packages and services. Leading up to our wedding Matt was communicative and took away so much stress that my wife and I were feeling from planning our wedding by ourselves. Come the day of the wedding Matt handled curveballs from the venue, my partner and I, and our guests with zen-like ease. The music was killer, his lights were energizing, and his presence made our wedding that much more memorable. He even took photos and videos of exciting parts of the night! At the end of it all he made us a usb drive containing all the songs he played during our wedding so we could relive our special day for years to come. We could not have wished for a better experience and service. Thank you truly from the bottom of our hearts.
    -Alexis and Adin Anderson

If you are weighing your options for Dj's at your wedding, or if Emerald City Sound is the first service you've found, just stop now. It does not and cannot get better. Do yourself a favor and email Matt about when you'd like to schedule his services.
    11/10

Sara · Married on 12/09/2017

Matt was WONDERFUL to work with! We met with him briefly the summer before our December wedding and discussed our music preferences, and then filled out his spreadsheet with the specific songs we wanted to hear. I didn't have very many specific songs outside of the ceremony and first dance selections, so I felt like the spreadsheet was a little bare. I wasn't sure if he'd be able to glean out our music tastes. I was also a little concerned that our family wasn't the dancing type. All my worries completely evaporated during the wedding. We had every single person dancing, the entire night. Even relatives that I would have bet you money wouldn't dance, danced! It was awesome! We ended up having to force people to stop dancing when the evening was done and we needed to tear down our venue. Matt was responsive and understanding for all the quirky things we asked and I couldn't speak more highly of him!

Joelle and Eric · Married on 10/28/2017

Matt was super easy to work with and did an awesome job DJ'ing (as well as MC'ing where needed) our ceremony and reception. We had a venue that required an outdoor and indoor setup and it all went great. We had Matt be in charge of a number of the song selections after sharing our musical tastes and he did a fantastic job mixing / selecting songs for the different parts of our event. Highly recommend you check his company out.

Carly · Married on 09/17/2017

Matt Boyer was absolutely Amazing our wedding was perfect and we had EVERYONE on the dance floor, I would definitely recommend emerald Cilty sound to anyone who is looking for a DJ, thank you Matt!!

Taylor · Married on 09/09/2017

We loved working with Matt! My husband and I hired Matt to DJ our wedding last month. From the first time we met with him we knew we wanted to have him at our wedding. He has a very laid back but fun and professional approach. We knew that we would be in good hands and that Matt would be able to personalize our wedding just the way we wanted and help us throw an awesome party! From the planning stages he gave us a shared drive so we could submit our song requests for each part of the wedding (pre- ceremony, cocktail hour, dancing, etc) which helped see the flow of the wedding before it happened and keep things organized. On the day of Matt helped the day flow seamlessly. Our ceremony was outdoors and reception indoors and he had a great plan to make sure that we were always with music. He emceed our reception as well and did a great job! He kept the dance floor on fire up until the end of the night! Overall I think emerald city sound is a fantastic choice at a very reasonable price! Thank you Matt!

Leesa · Married on 07/01/2017

Matt was so great to work with! He met with us prior to our wedding to go over the details and help ease my stress. He did an amazing job following all our needs/wants with our music the day of and helped fill in the gaps of things we forgot or didn't think about! He also did a great job helping us follow our timeline, make announcements and keeping us on track. Overall, he did an amazing job and very happy with how everything turned out!

Lily · Married on 06/10/2017

Matt was super communicative, kind, calm and very organized. His experience and questions asked prior to the wedding helped us coordinate a beautiful play list. He provided suggestions, listened to our requests and attended the rehearsal to ensure everything went down accordingly. He was a great MC, super positive and followed our timeline. And of course, best of all, the music was amazing! He played our requested songs, and threw in some of his own that matched our genre. During the dining part of the wedding, he saved my more low key tunes and created a very nice dining ambience, and as soon as it was time for dancing the music was non stop hits. The groom is a musician and he's still talking about how he teared up on the dance floor listening to hit after hit and watching all of our favorite people dance around. We had some toddlers that were jamming as well and super excited by the lights. It was amazing! Thank you, Matt!

Nate · Married on 05/28/2017

"We were incredibly fortunate to have Matt DJ at our wedding. He was incredibly easy to work with leading up to our big day meeting in person and over the phone. He had a great system for helping us get the right music chosen and was incredibly responsive. This was a huge relief during a very busy planning process. He showed up before he was scheduled the day of our wedding. He played everything we requested and chose songs that were a perfect fit. He was able to get almost of all our guests across generations consistently dancing. We had some of the best dancing that I've seen at a wedding. Our guests had a blast and we had one of the best day of our life partially in thanks to his thoughtfulness and talent as a DJ. Thank you Matt."

Anne · Married on 04/08/2017

We hired Matt to dj our wedding. Matt was willing to work with our budget, and he was very responsive and easy to work with. He played all of the music that we requested and handled announcements and transitions professionally. We received many compliments about Matt from family and friends. We definitely recommend Matt with Emerald City Sound for your event!

Sherece · Married on 11/05/2016

Matt is the most amazing DJ you could hire. He knows how to read a crowd and get them moving! Literally everyone at our wedding was dancing and telling us how amazing our song choices are. Matt was so great and made our life so easy. I just gave him a list of songs I liked and he just ran with it and did an incredible job. You will not be disappointed with Emereald City Sound!

Skyler · Married on 10/01/2016

I would suggest meeting Matt for fifteen minutes. He's professional, priced fairly and flexible. I went to two other weddings over the summer that Matt was the DJ at. He did a great job at every event.

Carole · Married on 10/01/2016

Matt was an absolute pleasure to work with. He is very personable, positive and professional - and on top of it all, has a great time being a DJ! We attended 2 other weddings this summer that used Matt and all were great! He was very flexible when it came down to the wire and allowed us some additional time when unforeseen family circumstances arose. He provided us with CDs of all the songs played at our wedding after the fact too - which has been fun to relive the best day ever. Thank you Matt/Emerald City Sound!