Emerald City Sound Reviews

46 | Seattle, WA

46 Reviews for Emerald City Sound

Thea · Married on 10/19/2019

Excellent DJ

Matt was so great. We were not the easiest clients, missing several deadlines as we planned our own wedding, and he worked with us so kindly. On the day of, he got to the venue and set up without me even knowing. Our vows could be heard clearly by everyone, the transitions were smooth and the dance floor was a blast. Couldn't say enough good things. PLUS - after the event he sent us a selection of our songs on a zip drive, which now feels like our soundtrack. Highly recommend. (price listed was for 8 hours)

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Sheena

Sheena · Married on 10/05/2019

Awesome DJ!

We LOVED Matt! Matt Boyer (Emerald City Sound) was recommended by a co-worker, who had him DJ his wedding. My photographer also mentioned how working with Matt has been a joy on several occasions and this wedding was no exception! He effortlessly handled our pre-wedding requests for specific versions of songs or custom shortened songs. During the wedding, he was very professional and set an elegant, but fun tone to the night. Everyone was dancing the night away because of Matt! Also, he expertly handled an obscure song request from my husband's uncle and it became one of the most memorable moments of the night!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 09/13/2019

Awesome DJ, professional and fun!

We are so glad we chose Matt for as our wedding DJ. I had contacted a dozen DJs in the area and Matt stood out to us the most. He is very friendly and professional, and he made the whole process very easy from our first meeting, to updating playlists, and wedding day correspondence. His package pricing is a great value for his high quality services, and we would absolutely recommend him! He played all the songs we wanted to hear and filled in the rest! He was great at reading the room for our high energy crowd! Everyone had a blast! Matt was a great emcee as well, he was on top of all the announcements and timeline for our day, and everything between the various vendors ran so smoothly! Thank you so much Matt!!!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Van Pamel · Married on 08/17/2019

Above and Beyond!

I did a lot of research when looking for a DJ for my wedding. Matt (Emerald City Music) showed up multiple times as a top ten DJ in the seattle area and I know why! From the beginning Matt was awesome! He was professional and prompt when I had questions. His set up at the venue looked professional and his MC skills were great! He had everyone from all age groups out on the dance floor! I highly recommend Matt for your wedding!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Steve

Steve Vlosky · Married on 07/20/2019

10/10 would hire again & highly recommend

Matt did an UNBELIEVABLE job for us on our day! We gave him a very short list of songs that were "must plays" and pretty much left the rest up to him. He did such a great job reading the room and playing a lot of crowd pleasers, as well as changing the vibe upon request. I would absolutely hire Matt again and will definitely recommend him to any/all of our friends that are tying the knot. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Johnna · Married on 06/22/2019

Emerald City Sound MADE our Wedding into a Party!

Emerald City Sound truly set the tone of the evening. They made our wedding transform from a reception to a party. Everyone was dancing, and I mean EVERYONE. We worked with Matt and he was extremely easy to work with and made the process seamless. He took our preferences and ran with them. As an added bonus he gave us the playlist he curated afterwards so it feels like the gift that keeps on giving. We 100% would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Heather · Married on 03/15/2019

Matt was a great DJ!

Matt from Emerald City Sound was an amazing DJ. Our wedding day was even better thanks to his professional but friendly approach. He had some great suggestions to maximize our timeline which made the flow of the evening even better. The music was awesome!

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Candice

candice · Married on 02/08/2019

Wedding music!

Where to start?? We actually found Matt (Emerald City Sound) on wedding wire and we are so lucky!! He was so amazing to work with!! Music was definitely an area I was a little stressed in (bride issues), but Matt quickly put me at ease. He was always quick to communicate and asked questions that I hadn’t even thought of. He sent us an excel sheet to get our specific ceremony songs in and list any other input that made our night unique to us. I especially thought it was genius to have a “do not play list”! So funny, and we did put some songs on that list. We met up prior to the wedding just to sit down briefly and make sure we were all on the same page. We got to hear how he made our bride/groom first dance flow so well (and the demo gave us a chance to practice a little dance we put together!) During our ceremony, we had two singers come up for one song and Matt did a great job at having everything set up for them and being super flexible with that. There are so many great things I could say but my two biggest take aways...1) the music was wonderful and flowed so smoothly [the ceremony songs and the dance music]. We had many people commenting to us on how much they enjoyed the music, 2) Matt was an absolute joy to work with and the experience was so fun!! I would definitely recommend him to anyone else and I’m so grateful for all he did to make our night so awesome!!

Sent on 02/24/2019

Steph Kreuter · Married on 11/10/2018

Great addition to wedding

Matt at Emerald City Sound was great to work with. I booked Emerald City Sound without speaking in person first, but when I spoke with Matt over the phone, I was confident it would be great evening. Matt at Emerald City sound was friendly, flexible and approachable. He did a great job at the wedding of plying songs on the playlist and keeping the party going. I highly recommend Emerald City Sound!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Jill · Married on 10/06/2018

Awesome Wedding DJ!

Matt was so easy to work with and made our event really special! He did a great job incorporating mixing our requests with what he knows will work to get the party started. He's a no-ego MC with the right amount of energy to get guests to listen and stay organized, but he doesn't make it about himself and keeps the focus on the couple. We appreciate he also really rolled with the punches and was flexible when our event space had a few hiccups. Matt also gave us an zip drive with our playlist to keep. We really had a great experience and would hire Matt for an event again!

Sent on 02/04/2019

Kelsea · Married on 09/15/2018

Matt was such an amazing DJ for our wedding! Would highly recommend him for any wedding or celebration. There literally was not one issue with any sound or music. Everything went perfectly and he did a great job reaching out to us if he had any questions or needed anything clarified. Despite our last minute changes to ceremony/reception schedule and song choices there were no issues because he was on it. Matt was amazing!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Chris · Married on 09/15/2018

Matt was great for our wedding. He even made special song loops with our requests that made the event go very smoothly. Everyone at the party was extremely happy with the playlist and songs that he played. We strongly suggest you book him for your special day!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Jordan · Married on 08/26/2018

Working with Matt was absolutely amazing! We had some very specific music that we needed played for part of our family (cumbias), and Matt was able to find a way to include all of it without feeling like the party was slowing down. He was so easy to work with, and met us ahead of time to get a sense of our style and musical interests. We had so many compliments from family and friends saying they loved his choices and his timing! He also did a great job being a helpful MC without talking too much, which we've experienced at other weddings. I cannot recommend Matt enough!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Kyle · Married on 08/24/2018

Matt was great to work with. He was spot on with music and helped make announcements and keep the evening moving smoothly and seamlessly. We were extremely happy.

Sent on 09/12/2018
  • Bryndis

Bryndis · Married on 08/19/2018

We were so so so happy to have Matt as our DJ for our wedding!! Everything was executed perfectly, from the ceremony music, to the cocktail hour, to the dancing, the music was exactly how I had envisioned it would be. We just told Matt the type of music we liked and he took it from there. He provided the officiant with a lapel mic, took care of a wireless mic for speeches, made announcements (like when we entered the reception and cut the cake), and even took a couple of karaoke requests! Before our wedding I was a little nervous we wouldn't really be a dancing crowd, but I was so happy with how many people we got up in the dance floor -- even my 80 year old grandma was up for most of the night too!! All in all, Matt made everything so streamline and easy that all we had to do was enjoy our day. Thank you again, Matt!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Nate · Married on 08/10/2018

Matt did an incredible job DJ'ing our wedding! He is a true professional and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding or event DJ. He was extremely flexible and adapted quickly and seamlessly to last minute changes at both the ceremony and reception. Matt is punctual, very easy going and executed flawlessly. Look no further, Matt is your guy. Thanks Matt!- Nate and Holly.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Sonya · Married on 07/27/2018

Matt was such a pleasure to work with start to finish! From walking us through the process and answering my questions as they came up he made me feel at ease throughout the planning process. He made the extra effort to be present at our rehearsal which made all of my pre wedding jitters settle. The entire day of our wedding he was not only professional and fun to work with but the music was a perfect combination of both my husband and i's suggestions and perfectly matched songs to fit the mood. We received several compliments from our guests about how unique our music was and how well it flowed throughout the night. Matt adapted to our changing timeline throughout the night and did a great job with announcements and helping with transitions. I would highly recommend Matt to anyone looking for an amazing DJ to make your wedding memorable and mostly importantly feel like YOU. Thanks for make the soundtrack to our special day so perfect.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Thea · Married on 06/02/2018

Matt at Emerald city sound was amazing and professional from the get go. We did have a little more experience with him because he DJ’d my older sisters wedding a year before ours. He was so great to work with, it was slightly long distance and he worked with us over email for the majority of it. His spread sheets made everything so easy, and his communication was fast and effective. We only met with him once before the wedding over in Seattle. His ideas were helpful and you could tell he had a great passion for what he was doing. He made us feel comfortable immediately, my husband and I are extremely happy with our decision to go with Emerald City Sound, our wedding was absolutely what we wanted, and huge part of it was the ambiance that Matt created for us! It was perfect. His timing with our must play songs was also impeccable.
    Thanks again Matt, we are so happy you were apart of our special day.

Cheers,
    Josh, Thea & Auggie Scharmann

Sent on 06/13/2018

Jared · Married on 05/19/2018

Matt was very helpful with our specific song requests and had the dance floor packed all night!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Hannah · Married on 03/31/2018

Matt was amazing! We were looking for a DJ who could understand the theme we wanted without us building a playlist and then just run the wedding, and he did just that! We had timelines that had to change and Matt handled them so expertly my bride didn’t notice until I told her the next day! The price was amazing for the seattle area and Matt is extremely friendly. I would recommend Emerald City Sound to any of my friends!

From
    Zack

Sent on 03/30/2018

Adin · Married on 02/18/2018

I don't know where to begin... but I know it all ended with a perfect wedding largely because the best DJ imaginable, Matt. From the get go, Matt was incredibly professional and timely in responding to our endless stream of questions about his packages and services. Leading up to our wedding Matt was communicative and took away so much stress that my wife and I were feeling from planning our wedding by ourselves. Come the day of the wedding Matt handled curveballs from the venue, my partner and I, and our guests with zen-like ease. The music was killer, his lights were energizing, and his presence made our wedding that much more memorable. He even took photos and videos of exciting parts of the night! At the end of it all he made us a usb drive containing all the songs he played during our wedding so we could relive our special day for years to come. We could not have wished for a better experience and service. Thank you truly from the bottom of our hearts.
    -Alexis and Adin Anderson

If you are weighing your options for Dj's at your wedding, or if Emerald City Sound is the first service you've found, just stop now. It does not and cannot get better. Do yourself a favor and email Matt about when you'd like to schedule his services.
    11/10

Sent on 03/09/2018

Sara · Married on 12/09/2017

Matt was WONDERFUL to work with! We met with him briefly the summer before our December wedding and discussed our music preferences, and then filled out his spreadsheet with the specific songs we wanted to hear. I didn't have very many specific songs outside of the ceremony and first dance selections, so I felt like the spreadsheet was a little bare. I wasn't sure if he'd be able to glean out our music tastes. I was also a little concerned that our family wasn't the dancing type. All my worries completely evaporated during the wedding. We had every single person dancing, the entire night. Even relatives that I would have bet you money wouldn't dance, danced! It was awesome! We ended up having to force people to stop dancing when the evening was done and we needed to tear down our venue. Matt was responsive and understanding for all the quirky things we asked and I couldn't speak more highly of him!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Joelle and Eric · Married on 10/28/2017

Matt was super easy to work with and did an awesome job DJ'ing (as well as MC'ing where needed) our ceremony and reception. We had a venue that required an outdoor and indoor setup and it all went great. We had Matt be in charge of a number of the song selections after sharing our musical tastes and he did a fantastic job mixing / selecting songs for the different parts of our event. Highly recommend you check his company out.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Carly · Married on 09/17/2017

Matt Boyer was absolutely Amazing our wedding was perfect and we had EVERYONE on the dance floor, I would definitely recommend emerald Cilty sound to anyone who is looking for a DJ, thank you Matt!!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Taylor · Married on 09/09/2017

We loved working with Matt! My husband and I hired Matt to DJ our wedding last month. From the first time we met with him we knew we wanted to have him at our wedding. He has a very laid back but fun and professional approach. We knew that we would be in good hands and that Matt would be able to personalize our wedding just the way we wanted and help us throw an awesome party! From the planning stages he gave us a shared drive so we could submit our song requests for each part of the wedding (pre- ceremony, cocktail hour, dancing, etc) which helped see the flow of the wedding before it happened and keep things organized. On the day of Matt helped the day flow seamlessly. Our ceremony was outdoors and reception indoors and he had a great plan to make sure that we were always with music. He emceed our reception as well and did a great job! He kept the dance floor on fire up until the end of the night! Overall I think emerald city sound is a fantastic choice at a very reasonable price! Thank you Matt!

Sent on 10/01/2017