Embracing Ceremony Reviews

184 Reviews for Embracing Ceremony

• Erin

Erin Blake · Getting married on 04/08/2022

Perfect intimate Taos elopement

We were hoping for a low key elopement and initially planned to have our ceremony in a courthouse. However, I stumbled upon Dan's site and loved the idea of having a ceremony outside surrounded by the beauty that is Taos. From the moment I contacted him Dan made everything extremely easy. The location he chose by the Taos Gorge Bridge was breathtaking, and Deanna, the photographer he works with (optional to add on to the ceremony), was also lovely and so easy to work with. Dan's ceremony was clearly carefully prepared and meaningful. Overall, working with Dan made our intimate wedding everything we wanted, and I would definitely recommend him to others who don't want to deal with the typical drama associated with a wedding!

Sent on 09/01/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Erin. Deanna and I loved working with you. We were so appreciative that you trusted us to be the ones to create (and capture by camera) this most special day in your lives.
  • Wendy

Wendy Jimenez · Getting married on 11/07/2021

Amazing Experience

Dan was very professional, kind, funny and knowledgable, he made our elopement very special. He communicated with us throughout the easy process, and was very helpful in answering any questions/concerns we had. The ceremony itself was beautiful and very special. The vows that he prepared for us were perfect. I highly recommend Dan to anyone who is needing an officiant for their wedding!

Sent on 07/29/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Wendy. I enjoyed working with you and I'm glad that we co-created such a good experience for you!
  • Robin

Robin Orr Nickell · Getting married on 07/12/2021

Great wedding!

Our wedding ceremony was awesome! Everything was done to our specifications. Everyone involved was professional and courteous. I have to say that my husband was hesitant with booking online since we live too far away to be able to meet with Dan in person, but after our day, he was very pleased with how everything went. The flowers Dan provided were beautiful as well. We honestly could not have asked for a nicer, less stress-free day!

Sent on 01/24/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Robin! It was a pleasure working with you. I'm glad that my package provided everything to make your day special.
  • Lisa

Lisa Ravenwood · Getting married on 02/10/2021

So much more than I expected

Dan provided us with beautiful vows in a gorgeous setting at SpiriTaos Gardens. Even the weather was perfect for being so late in the season. Dan kept in touch with us leading up to the date, and the ceremony was amazing, meaningful, and beautiful. I highly, highly recommend Embracing Ceremony for anyone who needs an accommodating, wonderful officiant.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Lisa. I loving hearing that you found my ceremony meaningful. Nice to know I succeeded in what I strive to do!
  • Julie

Julie Swanstrom · Getting married on 01/10/2021

Wonderful Officiant

I was simply impressed by everything. Dan made everything stress free and our day was simply beautiful. I could not have asked for a more beautiful ceremony and the vows/readings we perfect for the occasion. He is such a wonderful officiant.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Julie. I'm not sure how your wedding date of 10/14/19 came to appear as 2021 here! I'm sure you're glad you didn't wait any longer! Glad you liked the words I wrote and selected.
  • Karen

Karen Ruiz · Married on 09/19/2020

Cortez Wedding

Dan, is very excellent person. His communication skills are amazing. He helped us with our wedding ceremony and was very understanding on the last minute changes due to the pandemic.

Sent on 09/23/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much Karen. After all the challenges you faced in planning you ended up with the absolutely perfect venue and I think everything went very smoothly. I'm glad I could participate. And yes, with the pandemic we're all having to flex and adjust as things unfold.
  • Amanda

Amanda White · Married on 09/10/2020

Excellent Service

Very good experience with Dan he welcomed us at any time that worked for us we just wanted plain and simple he was very good with us

Sent on 10/28/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Amanda. So glad we got you married before winter set in here! The drive through the mountains would have been quite different now!
  • Patricia

Patricia Kilzer · Married on 08/01/2020

Attention to detail. Dan made our day memorable!

Dan personalized our ceremony and made us feel entirely relaxed throughout the entire evening. We were married at the Gorge Bridge on the Rio Grande during the golden hour leading into a beautiful sunset. The evening couldn’t have been more perfect if we picked it out of a magazine. The ceremony amongst the ambiance surrounded by mountains, the Gorge and a beautifully golden sunset sky was everything we dreamed of for our special day! We highly recommend Dan as a minister for couples looking for an experience that will last long after the last I do.

Sent on 08/03/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much! I wish I could take credit for those gorgeous skies, but that was the work of a power higher than me. Clearly the forces were aligned to provide you with perfect memories. It was a pleasure meeting you both.
  • Aana

Aana P · Married on 03/10/2020

Perfect wedding!

Dan was very professional. He made everything go smooth and there was no stress. He gave us good pointers and we felt at ease before during and after the ceremony.

Sent on 10/05/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Aana. It was a pleasure working with you and Frazier. I hope the streaming worked well so that all your friends and family could enjoy the ceremony with you. My very best wishes!

Pixy Amber · Married on 02/14/2020

Beyond Expectations!

Dan was absolutely wonderful! We were coming from Australia, to visit a relative, and decided at the last minute that we wanted to get married while we were there. Dan was super responsive, helpful and understanding of our disorganised ways!!! He helped when we were trying to find a location, picking the perfect spot for us based on what we told him, and was then flexible when we realised, after talking to our relative, that we would have to change it. He was very informative and helpful regarding what we needed to do to be able to get married while we were in the US.
    When we got to New Mexico it was great to meet up with Dan in person, and to confirm that we had made the right choice in him - we immediately felt comfortable with Dan, and felt that he got us and what we wanted.
    On our wedding day Dan was relaxed, supportive and professional. He gave us a beautiful wedding ceremony, and the readings and words he had chosen for us were absolutely perfect.
    Thank you so much Dan - we couldn't have hoped for anything better! You really helped to make such a special day even better.

Sent on 02/19/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Pixy! I'm so glad my words worked well for you both. And thank you for introducing me to the concept of Acknowledgement of Country. So meaningful and important for us to remember. Blessings!
  • Anti

Anti S · Married on 02/14/2020

Minister Dan Jones

Dan was lovely! He met with us beforehand to get a 'feel' for the sort of ceremony we wanted and even though this wasn't a long meeting, he nailed it. The poem he started with and his inclusion of an extract from the State of New Mexico legislature on same sex marriage were both very thoughtful and moving. He agreed to come to my aunty's place even though the road there was hazardous. He was very calm and measured. He helped us with all the paperwork. All of the guests commented on how lucky we were to have found him to officiate for us and how much they had enjoyed it. One even said it was the loveliest she had ever been to. Overall, Dan really helped to make the day a moving and memorable and stress-free experience. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 02/19/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Anti! Such a pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet you and Pixy. You're a beautiful couple, I loved the palpable flow of love between you.
  • Mikey

Mikey Montoya · Married on 02/08/2020

Very professional and delivered the perfect ceremony for me and my family.

Dan Jones was amazing! He arrived on time and willing to be flexible with our location (which was out in the freezing cold). He provided a heart felt ceremony that was perfect for my family. Highly recommend him for your special occasion!

Sent on 02/17/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Mikey. I was glad I had a warm coat and gloves! Your warmth and love helped keep us all smiling.
  • Gina

Gina Barton · Married on 01/10/2020

Wouldn't change a thing

Dan Jones of Embracing Ceremony was all we could have hoped for in a wedding officiant.
    He knew exactly how to make our wedding special, from the flowers he selected to the photographer he invited to work with us.
    The ceremony he created encompassed our spiritual beliefs, our love for each other and the meaning of our relationship. He helped make our wedding day magical.

Sent on 10/04/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Gina! Thank you so much. It was great to finally meet you after months of anticipation. I'm glad my words properly expressed your beliefs and love. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

Heather Miller · Married on 11/08/2019

Embracing Ceremony

Dan was superb in making my elopement memorable and special. He was professional and cared about everything to the smallest details. I’m beyond thrilled with how he planned everything and loved how it turned out.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks for noticing Heather! It's a big day for you and I want to be sure that all the memories are positive. I hope your return trip home is a safe one.
  • Viviana

Viviana Aguayo · Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect ceremony and location

Dan was great. His words we’re very touching it was everything we expected and more. We recommend him 100%

Sent on 11/04/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks for trusting me with your wedding ceremony Viviana! I enjoyed working with you both and meeting your friends ... and your son!
  • Leandra

Leandra Piro · Married on 10/19/2019

Davis Angel Fire Wedding

Dan was wonderful at our Angel Fire Wedding this past weekend. We spoke several times in the months leading up to the wedding to customize our ceremony. Dan also had many great suggestions to make our ceremony one of a kind. The wine Ceremony he recommended was beautiful and our guests loved it!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

So glad you enjoyed my suggestions and that they were appreciated by your guests! They probably were all wishing they could have a glass of the wine as well! I'm sure they did at the reception to warm up. My best to you!

Ron H · Married on 09/19/2019

Intimate Wedding at Spectacular Location

Dan was the perfect wedding officiate. He was flexible and respectful of our wishes. He customized a service that was Native American in flavor but was also inclusive to our Jewish and Christian roots. He included the perfect prayers and vows to complete it. He also accommodated our rather remote location and arrived exactly at the time that he said he would. A very pleasurable and memorable experience to last a lifetime. Thanks again Dan,

Sent on 09/19/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Ron. I'm glad that I was able to fulfill your wishes. Your remote location was awesome! Such a remarkable view of the Ghost Ranch geologic formations. You've got my best wishes always.
  • Valerie

Valerie Sands · Married on 09/15/2019

Memorable ceremony on a mountain

Dan put together a beautiful and memorable ceremony and vows that we both loved, seamlessly mixing quotes from an impressive variety of sources. We really enjoyed reviewing the transcript afterward. He is responsive, laid back and kind, and the perfect, most knowledgable choice for a New Mexico hiking wedding!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Valerie! I loved the meadow you chose -- so incredibly memorable for all of us. Yay to your intrepid families for making it up with seemingly minimal complaints! I'm honored to be part of your memories.

Amanda Ross · Married on 09/14/2019

Everything was seamless, easy and effective

Dan did a great job guiding us through the entire process and ultimately the flow of our ceremony. We were pleased with the outcome.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Amanda. May I say my services are S.E.E. in the future? (seamless, easy and effective)! I like it. Thanks for that new phrase. So glad everything went well with El Monte Sagrado as well. A beautiful spot for a ceremony, for sure.
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 08/30/2019

Our small but amazing wedding

Dan is awesome and so is his garden that we chose to do the ceremony in. We both don't have family in the area so this was the perfect choice for us. Sarah did an amazing job with taking pictures. Taos is an amazing small town to visit. There was alot to do in the area and getting our marriage certificate was really easy. The whole process could not have been easier and thanks to Dan I am officially married to the love of my life. Thank you!

Sent on 08/31/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Michael. It was great to meet you and Arielle. Her accent delighted me and took me back to my wonderful trips to New Zealand. So glad you're now happily married.
  • Melanie

Melanie Bauer · Married on 08/27/2019

Wonderful vow renewal

Dan took the time to get to know us, even though we are not local, by setting up a video call. As a result, the ceremony he prepared felt very personalized and really captured the essence of our relationship. He made us feel wonderfully comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend choosing Dan to perform your ceremony.

Sent on 09/04/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Melanie! I really enjoyed working with you and am thrilled my ceremony fit you properly. I hope the rest of your trip in New Mexico (especially the time in beautiful Taos!) was over-the-top incredible.
  • Cascade

Cascade Lineback · Married on 08/01/2019

Warm and personalized service

We were looking for an officiant a few weeks before our wedding. We are so glad to have found Dan, who was kind, flexible and attentive to our wishes.
    We wanted a simple, but elegant ceremony, with some spirituality, but not overly religious and that mentioned how we met and our families. Dan fulfilled all that we asked for and we are very happy that it worked out with his schedule.
    He recommended several locations, including his garden, for the ceremony and let us decide when we arrived to Taos (just 3 days before the wedding!) as it was important to us to see the spaces before we made our decision.
    He was also able to recommend a photographer, who took amazing photos.
    Overall, we highly recommend Dan.

Sent on 10/05/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Cascade! I love helping people find the perfect Taos location for their intimate ceremonies. We have so many great options here! All my best!
  • Audrey

Audrey Newman · Married on 07/27/2019

Incredible elopement in Taos!

My wife and I decided at the last minute that we wanted to celebrate our 5th anniversary by getting married in Taos, NM (one of our favorite places!). We found Dan through a quick web search and although our preferred day was only 3 days away we thought we would give him a call and see if he was available. Dan answered immediately and checked his planner and made miracles happen :) He was available for our date and walked us through the process of getting a NM marriage license (a very easy process compared to our home state of TX) as well as lodging, dinner accommodations, and so much more. Dan even offered us the use of his private gardens for our nuptials. On the day of our marriage Dan was available and so accommodating as we added last minute guests to our small party. His gardens are beyond beautiful and the backdrop of the mountains makes for phenomenal pictures. The whole experience was picturesque and NO stress from start to finish. I would highly recommend Dan and the beautiful and hospital town of Taos. We are so glad we said I do in New Mexico!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Audrey! I'm thrilled to have been able to contribute to the success of a memorable day for you in Taos. And my gardens appreciate the mention as well -- they're always happy to be appreciated. My very best wishes to you both.

Jeff Slagle · Married on 07/11/2019

The Perfect Choice for our Ceremony

We were very comfortable with Dan from the very start. His attention to detail and reassuring manner kept us at ease and confident through the entire process. His location recommendation was perfectly in line with the parameters we had provided. The ceremony was extremely well done and very moving. We will never celebrate an anniversary without a toast to Dan!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

I'm honored Jeff! Thank you. Just make sure it is good champagne. Ha! I'm so glad you liked the streamside spot I chose -- it and the sunset light were as magical as you both were!

Deborah Slagle · Married on 07/11/2019

Awesome experience for a special day!

We are so happy with the decision to have Dan officiate our wedding vows. We wanted something intimate, informal and in a natural setting. He recommended the perfect location, was very helpful, professional (yet personable) and responded very quickly when contacted. I would definitely recommend his services!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Deborah! I loved our little magical spot you selected by the stream. And the evening light was spectacular. Thank you for placing your trust in me.