Embracing Ceremony Reviews

Embracing Ceremony 6
Embracing Ceremony 7

Jeff Slagle · Married on 07/11/2019

The Perfect Choice for our Ceremony

We were very comfortable with Dan from the very start. His attention to detail and reassuring manner kept us at ease and confident through the entire process. His location recommendation was perfectly in line with the parameters we had provided. The ceremony was extremely well done and very moving. We will never celebrate an anniversary without a toast to Dan!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

I'm honored Jeff! Thank you. Just make sure it is good champagne. Ha! I'm so glad you liked the streamside spot I chose -- it and the sunset light were as magical as you both were!
  • Danielle

Danielle Mckinley · Married on 07/05/2019

From start to finish ,our experience with Embracing Ceremony was amazing !

Our experience with Dan and Embracing Ceremony was the absolute best!! His professionalism was evident from the very first email correspondence about the wedding ceremony. He showed extreme compassion in dealing with some issues we as a couple faced prior to the wedding. When finally meeting him on the wedding day, it seemed as if we were longtime friends.
    The ceremony was perfect - all the words and scripture used were well suited for our particular needs and everyone at the ceremony commented on how beautiful it was! We are so blessed and thankful for having chosen Dan with Embracing Ceremony!!

Sent on 07/16/2019
    Embracing Ceremony 8
    Embracing Ceremony 9

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Danielle! It was great to finally meet you. And I was so happy that your wedding day finally arrived and it was my honor to be the one officiating for you.
  • Jannet

Jannet Mascarenas · Married on 07/04/2019

Mr. Rudy and Jannet Reyes

Dan really took the time to get to know us as individuals. He not only exceeded in meeting our needs. Our guests were heartfelt by the words of love and wisdom that were spoken. Dan, we would like to thank you for an absolutely phenomenal wedding ceremony!

Sent on 07/12/2019
    Embracing Ceremony 10
    Embracing Ceremony 11
    Embracing Ceremony 12
    Embracing Ceremony 13

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

My pleasure Mr. & Mrs. Jannet and Rudy Mascarenas! So glad to have finally met you. It was a beautiful evening!

James Myers · Married on 06/08/2019

Dan was the ideal officiant for our wedding. He will make your ceremony, YOUR ceremony!

Dan did a great job getting to know us as individuals and as a couple. He has a calming presence which also brings gravity to the ceremony. Someone fainted of heat stroke during out ceremony (he ended up being fine, but 911 was called). Dan helped to keep us calm and composed and the ceremony finished beautifully. Dan brings a kind heart and a warm sense of humor to the occasion.

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Embracing Ceremony 14

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

What a great picture! Sandy with Blue Rose Studio was a real pro. Thank you for your kind words James. You and Caley were an absolute delight to work with.

Caley · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect Officiant

Dan was extremely organized and very prompt when responding to messages. We set up a meeting over the phone since we live out of state and I immediately felt at ease when speaking to him (He has a very pleasant and calming voice) . He sent us each a questionnaire which he used to get to know us and our relationship and used our responses and anecdotes to tailor a beautiful ceremony which was perfect for us. He was happy to incorporate our ideas/readings and seemed to understand our style completely. He sent us every draft of the ceremony so we could make changes etc. He walked us through every step of the ceremony and getting a marriage licence. By the day of wedding ceremony I found that his familiar, friendly face and calming presence really helped ease my nerves. We had several of our friends and family tell us that it was the most romantic wedding they had ever been to.

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Embracing Ceremony 15

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Caley. I'm glad my inner peace was tangible for you. I love sharing it! I love what I do.

Cynthia Rangel · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful just beautiful and full of emotions.

Dan was the best wedding officiant that we could have in our wedding. He worked with os on the ceremony and gave us so many beautiful options to choose from. He is very helpful and definitely knows what he is doing. The best part of my wedding was the ceremony Dan created for us.
    I definitely recommend Dan from Embracing Ceremony as your wedding officiant !
    Than you Dan!

Sent on 05/28/2019
    Embracing Ceremony 16
    Embracing Ceremony 17

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Cynthia! And thanks for having the confidence in me to speak a little Spanish! I enjoyed the challenge.
  • Becki

Becki Perkins · Married on 04/05/2019

Mountain Elopement

Dan was phenomenal! With only a little information about us he provided the perfect ceremony. The location, readings and vows, and entire event was exactly what we wanted. We're so happy to have found him and he'll always be a part of our happy memories of that day! Working with Dan was so easy and fun. He took us out to a beautiful place in the mountains with a glorious view, provided gorgeous flowers and tasty champagne, and was the calm and kind presence that is just perfect for a wedding officiant. I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 04/10/2019
    Embracing Ceremony 18

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much Becki! Loved my time with you and so happy to have provided the ceremony you desired.
  • Christopher

Christopher · Married on 12/05/2018

Enchanting Ghost Ranch

Dan was a wonderful officiant.
    During our meetings, Dan guessed the context and text that suited what we wanted. He made our ceremony perfect and touched our family with words, his serenity and moments of silence.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

So happy my words worked not only for you, but for your families as well. Yay! That's what I strive for and knowing I achieved it is very rewarding. Thank you.

Ruth Denney · Married on 12/04/2018

Everything was just right

From the first email to the end of the ceremony, Dan was terrific. Always friendly and polite, he took the time to get acquainted as well as to find out what type of service we wanted, and was an immense help in selecting a location and helping with the paperwork. Emails and phone calls were returned promptly. We were delighted in the ceremony when the day finally came. His remarks, the scripture and the vows were exactly right and were true to who we were. Thank you so very much.

Randy and Ruth Wood

Sent on 12/07/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Ruth, um ... I mean Mrs. Wood! I'm glad to have been able to facilitate a wonderful wedding ceremony so that you have great memories.
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 11/18/2018

We had the most amazing experience with Dan as our officiant. The day was more perfect than I could have imagined. I greatly appreciate all of the time and care he put into our ceremony. Dan was extremely professional, patient with all of our questions, and accommodating with our tight time schedule. We also highly recommend SpiriTaos, the gardens on his property - truly a beautiful choice.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much Holly. I loved having you in my gardens and appreciated that both of you were interested in them. My best wishes.
  • Arhelly

Arhelly · Married on 11/10/2018

Exactly what we wanted!

We didn't want anything big. We wanted to keep it small and special just between my husband and I. Dan did exactly what we wanted. His ceremony was beautiful and on point with our feelings. Extremely happy i can't wait to print our ceremony and place it on our wedding album!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Other than it being a bit chilly we did pretty good! You were both such good troopers despite the chill. Thanks so much. I'm glad to have gotten it right for you!

Don and Nancy Duncan · Married on 10/30/2018

Vow Renewal in Taos, NM

My husband and I hired Embracing Ceremonies to perform our vow renewal ceremony for our 40th wedding anniversary. We first talked to Dan back in March when we began our planning process and was very impressed by how in-depth he was during our phone conversation. He asked a lot of questions to try to get a feel for who we were and what type of ceremony would fit our needs. Shortly before we traveled to Taos, he reached out to us again to go over everything and make sure everything would go as planned. He arrived promptly and delivered a ceremony that far exceeded our expectations! It was beautiful, peaceful and tailored to our Scottish heritage! The flowers were beautiful and even gave us a bottle of local champagne! We can highly recommend him for your special day!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Embracing Ceremony 19

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Loved making your day special Don and Nancy! And it was so fitting to have a bit of rain during your ceremony since the Celtic wedding blessing touts that as good luck!

Brett Chalmers · Married on 10/13/2018

Dan is the BEST!

Dan made our wedding a wonderful, stress-free experience. He was easy to communicate and collaborate with. Definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Brett! You and Erin were a treat to work with. Sorry I couldn't conjure up the spiders I'd promised though. :-)

Madeline Jacknin · Married on 10/13/2018

An incredible experience with Dan Jones

Dan is incredible. Not only did he craft a beautiful ceremony with us, but his calm, kind demeanor helped us feel at ease and trusting. We found his ceremony ideas to be heartfelt and custom to our tastes. We would highly recommend him for any ceremony!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Yay! Thank you so much. It was great working with you and facilitating your wedding day. So great to have met you.

Rebecca Clark · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful and unforgettable ceremony in one of the loveliest settings!

My husband and I wanted a ceremony that was private and intimate. Just the two of us. We chose Dan Jones with Embracing Ceremony and could not have been happier! Dan went over every step with us prior to the service and made sure we had everything we needed in place to have the best experience possible. Dan far exceeded our expectations with the beautiful location, vows and scripture and prompt responses in communication prior to our ceremony. He never hesitated to answer any and all questions we had. I sincerely recommend Embracing Ceremony to anyone wanting to get married in one of the most beautiful areas of our country. It's an experience I will never forget!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Embracing Ceremony 20
    Embracing Ceremony 21

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much Rebecca! I loved working with you and am thrilled to have provided what you were after.

John Boynton · Married on 10/12/2018

Our Taos Wedding

Dan provided us with a wonderful memorable wedding ceremony. He prepared words that had meaning to us and that made our day that much more perfect. In addition, his garden was beautiful and provided just what we wanted. I would highly recommend Dan!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks John! So glad the garden still had some color -- not always the case for an October wedding! All my best.

Cristina · Married on 10/06/2018

We can't thank Dan enough. Our ceremony was perfect. Dan did an amazing job tailoring the ceremony and making it personal for us. Even our guests were raving. In addition, for those doing destination weddings, we were so impressed with how professional and organized Dan was during the preparation process as we were not able to meet in person until the day of the ceremony (we're from Miami). He was extremely responsive via email and we were able to chat over Skype. The ceremony is at the heart of the wedding, and we can't emphasize enough what an amazing job Dan did. HIs demeanor and delivery is perfect, we are so glad we made the right decision having Dan be the one to marry us.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Cristi! I'm so glad I could help make your day so special. It's what I strive for and your affirming I succeeded is icing on the cake. Thank you.

Melissa · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely Perfect

Dan Jones did such an amazing job! I promise you there wasn't a dry eye for the ceremony. He was so much fun to work with and has the absolute best attitude. Dan truly made our ceremony the talk of the wedding. He made our guests feel welcomed and did such a great job communicating to our guests and the wedding party. We couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Embracing Ceremony 22
    Embracing Ceremony 23
    Embracing Ceremony 24

Kaitlynn Stewart · Married on 09/22/2018

Dan was fantastic! Professional and ccommodating!

Dan was fantastic! The booking was quick and we were able to customize our ceremony to meet our nerdy needs!

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Embracing Ceremony 25

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you! Ha! No needs are nerdy. I enjoy learning about people and providing the services that best suit them. I actually was really moved by your setting and the touches you and your families provided.

susan · Married on 09/21/2018

With only a week's notice, Dan created a perfectly tailored ceremony that was even more than we hoped for. Our ceremony was light-hearted and fun and Dan added many thoughtful special touches. We chose an elopement package, which included professional photography, and especially enjoyed that we didn't have to do any planning or coordinating--Dan took care of everything, which made for a stress-free, memorable ceremony. Our ceremony was at Dan's stunning natural garden, with the beautiful mountains in the backdrop. It was a wonderful evening!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

I'm so glad I was able to facilitate a low-stress day for you -- as it should be! It adds to the memories!

Rebecca · Married on 09/13/2018

We selected Embracing Ceremony, Dan Jones to officiate our elopement to Taos. The ceremony went above and beyond our expectations. Dan was available to perform our ceremony with only a two weeks notice. He was easy to work with, and flexible when we needed to adjust the start time the day before. Dan was a relaxed and calming presence during the ceremony. He incorporated readings and poetry that were thoughtful, and reflective of our personalities and tastes. He also provided the wedding script in writing as a keepsake. Dan made our elopement amazing! We highly recommend Dan!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much! My pleasure.

Diana · Married on 09/08/2018

Dan was a great choice for our New Mexico wedding!

We couldn’t be happier with our choice to go with Embracing Ceremony for our northern New Mexico wedding! Dan was amazing. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and it really showed in the ceremony. He had so many great ideas for the ceremony that we never would’ve come up with on our own. He was very professional too. We worked with him months in advance to craft a ceremony that was exactly what we wanted (and he was flexible when we had a couple of last minute changes). And because we picked up our license in Taos County ahead of time, he took care of turning it in after the wedding. We would be happy to recommend Dan and Embracing Ceremony to anyone getting married in the southwest!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you! So nice to have what I'm passionate about doing be appreciated. I'm still thinking about the wonderful setting you chose at Ghost Ranch.

Ashli · Married on 08/25/2018

Dan wrote the most beautiful ceremony for my husband and I. We are both non-religious for the most part, and he instead wrote about energy, Eastern blessings and folkloric subject matter. We had to do a slight relocation the day of the ceremony, due to my mother's health, and Dan was extremely flexible with that. We had a wonderful experience with him and we highly recommend him for your New Mexico nuptials.

Sent on 09/10/2018
    Embracing Ceremony 26

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Ashli. You were great to work with as well!

Eileen · Married on 07/28/2018

Dan was fantastic at our ceremony and leading up to it. He was super easy to work with, made the experience seamless and fun, and allowed us to focus on all of the other stressful elements of wedding planning. Though we only met with him once and filled out a simple questionnaire, he was able to capture the personal details of our relationship perfectly. All of our guests commented on how great Dan was and how meaningful our ceremony was, they couldn't believe we only met with him once. By him providing us with a draft of the ceremony, we felt comfortable standing up there and were able to focus on each other. I would highly recommend Dan if you are planning a wedding in gorgeous Taos.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much Eileen! I'm delighted that I was able to engage your guests. And that you were able to be present and focus on your ceremony and love. That's what it's all about!

Sara · Married on 07/20/2018

Dan was wonderful in every way. He was responsive from the first day we contacted him, and checked in with us at all the right times in the lead up to our big day. It instilled a sense of confidence and ease, which is difficult to even place a value on in terms importance. In addition, the vows that Dan put together were PERFECT. He just "got it;" they were absolutely beautiful, meaningful, and heartfelt. He struck exactly the right balance at the ceremony of seriousness and friendliness, and I think that harmonious tone was reflected in the way that my (now) husband and I interacted with each other. We couldn't have been more comfortable and happy on that special evening. We would highly recommend Dan for your wedding needs. He is truly gifted at what he does. -- Sara & Alistair, Married July 20, 2018, Taos, NM

Sent on 08/26/2018
    Embracing Ceremony 27
    Embracing Ceremony 28

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Sara, thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that what I love doing came through so loud and clear for you!