Embracing Ceremony Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Deb
    Deb R. Married on 05/18/2022

Easy and pleasant.

Our ceremony was customized to our desires and relationship. Perfect!

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Deb! I hope you had a wonderful dinner at The Love Apple. So convenient to Hacienda del Sol! My best wishes!
    Daniel R. Married on 05/15/2022

Every thing was perfect for us

Dan and Deanna were perfect they made us feel relaxed and special answered any questions we had they made our wedding very special loved the cermony it was perfect for us

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Daniel. So great that we had such a beautiful day up in the Taos Ski Valley. I wish you both all the best!
    Dodd, J. Married on 05/11/2022

Amazing wedding

Dan created the perfect wedding memories for us. Thank you, Dan!!
  • Erin
    Erin B. Married on 04/08/2022

Perfect intimate Taos elopement

We were hoping for a low key elopement and initially planned to have our ceremony in a courthouse. However, I stumbled upon Dan's site and loved the idea of having a ceremony outside surrounded by the beauty that is Taos. From the moment I contacted him Dan made everything extremely easy. The location he chose by the Taos Gorge Bridge was breathtaking, and Deanna, the photographer he works with (optional to add on to the ceremony), was also lovely and so easy to work with. Dan's ceremony was clearly carefully prepared and meaningful. Overall, working with Dan made our intimate wedding everything we wanted, and I would definitely recommend him to others who don't want to deal with the typical drama associated with a wedding!

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Erin. Deanna and I loved working with you. We were so appreciative that you trusted us to be the ones to create (and capture by camera) this most special day in your lives.
    Julie V. Married on 03/19/2022

Perfect elopement in Taos thanks to Dan

We decided 1 month prior to our wedding date that we were going to elope and feel very lucky to have found Dan to perform our ceremony. We met with him via Zoom to go over the details of our wedding, what we wanted and hear our "story". He was super helpful in recommending a place to stay in Taos, letting us know about fantastic restaurants in the area and answering any and all preliminary questions we had. And his garden was the perfect spot to exchange our vows! Dan was warm and friendly and he performed a lovely and thoughtful ceremony for us that we couldn't have been happier with. He even played photographer right afterwards and took a few photos of us with snow capped Taos mountains in the background - it was perfect!

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Julie, you were such a delight to work with. I enjoyed having you and Corey pose for pictures afterwards -- I was having fun. I'm glad I captured a few images you like. Thanks for trusting your elopement to Embracing Ceremony!
    Gabriel A. Married on 03/04/2022

Dan had such a beautiful ceremony prepared for us and said exactly the right sermon

A beautiful sermon and the setting was picture perfect

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much. I'm glad we had such a gorgeous day in the winter for your ceremony. All my best to you both.
  • Sara
    Sara K. Married on 01/02/2022

Dan is my hero!

Dan was amazing from the very beginning but he saved the day when our New Years Day wedding was ruined by a major snowstorm. I was snowed into my cabin (even with 4 wheel drive) with no wifi and no cell service. Thankfully, one person in our party had a few bars and we were able to contact Dan. Even though he was dealing with a crisis himself, snowed in with no electricity at home, he was quick to communicate and move our wedding to the next day.

The next day he showed up as promised and performed a perfect wedding ceremony. Our family was raving about his delivery, script, and jokes. They said it was the best and most entertaining ceremony they have ever attended and that he would be worth transporting to Dallas if anyone else in the family gets married.

Dan, thank you for everything.

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

What can I say Sara? I'm dedicated to my profession and want everyone to be completely satisfied. I love what I do! Thank you so much for your ability to flex and make the best of the situation. It was a pleasure working with you.
    Gareth C. Married on 01/01/2022

Thank you for making our wedding so unique and magical!

Dan went above and beyond for us in making our special day an amazingly joyous and memorable occasion, and all with precious little notice and challenging weather conditions to contend with. As an officiant, Dan was a superb orator, and spoke from a script that was thoughtfully-written, evocative, and expressive - a real testament to his professional ability to capture the love and joy of the moment and the day. The combination of his celebratory words with the absolutely stunning backdrop and location made our wedding a day that will live long in our memories. I could not recommend Embracing Ceremony more highly to anyone wishing to tie the knot in a truly unique and magical fashion!

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much Gareth. It was fun working with you and Cadia and I'm glad we were able to navigate through a snowstorm. You were my first wedding of the year and in my new micro wedding SpiriTaos Garden venue. Thanks for the opportunity to contribute to your special day.
  • Emma
    Emma C. Married on 12/24/2021

Best officiant in New Mexico!

Dan provided the officiant services for our Christmas Eve wedding. He was great to work with, extremely flexible and thoughtful in his preparation of the ceremony script, and was able to tailor it perfectly to our personalities and relationship. Dan’s method works well—we enjoyed filling out the questionnaires that allowed him to get to know us and then seeing how he turned those answers into a beautiful ceremony. We planned our wedding from out of state and appreciated meeting Dan on Zoom a few months before the wedding date. We weren’t sure how a non-religious ceremony would go but Dan presented many options in an orderly fashion. Our guests all commented on how much they enjoyed the ceremony, which made us feel really good! On the day of the ceremony, Dan arrived early and was a calm and steadying presence. Highly recommend working with Dan! -Emma & Matt (Austin, TX)

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Emma. I appreciate all your kind words. I love that your guests liked your ceremony -- on top of it working well for you and Matt! All my best wishes for a safe and healthy 2022.
  • Wendy
    Wendy J. Married on 11/07/2021

Amazing Experience

Dan was very professional, kind, funny and knowledgable, he made our elopement very special. He communicated with us throughout the easy process, and was very helpful in answering any questions/concerns we had. The ceremony itself was beautiful and very special. The vows that he prepared for us were perfect. I highly recommend Dan to anyone who is needing an officiant for their wedding!

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Wendy. I enjoyed working with you and I'm glad that we co-created such a good experience for you!
    Ryan D. Married on 10/20/2021

Amazing experience!

Working with Dan was an amazing experience. It doesn't matter if you're getting married or eloping, understanding the ins-and-outs of what is required to make the ceremony happen and legal filing is stressful. Dan helped us through the entire process. On top of that, he stood in the freezing weather at sunrise with us to give us the ceremony of our dreams. I hope everyone that can uses his services does so they can have as smooth an experience as we did!

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

So glad to share your adventure with you Ryan! It was fun ... and yes, chilly! I know it'll be a day you look back on for the rest of your lives. Yay!
  • Emily
    Emily H. Married on 10/14/2021

Great experience

Dan was extremely helpful, professional, and warm both in the planning process and ceremony. We don't live in the area so it was a relief to have someone trustworthy to plan our private elopement. The bouquet and boutonniere were beautiful and seasonal, and the vows he put together were perfect. Dan puts a lot of care into what he does and it shows. The photographer Deanna was also a joy to work with.

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Emily for working with me and Deanna through one of my packages. We love providing the essentials and we're thrilled that it all came together for you so effectively.
  • Alex
    Alex M. Married on 09/30/2021

Couldn't be happier

Dan was great for our elopment. The vows were wonderful, he showed up early to ensure we avoided a 'wall of rain' and made us feel comfortable and relaxed throughout. Highly recommend his services! Alex and Rin.

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Alex & Rin. It was a delight to work with you both and I'm so happy that we were able to wrap up before that rain hit! But the dramatic weather should make for some stunning photos!
    Jessica Q. Married on 09/26/2021

Beyond Outstanding

We did our vow renewal at SpiriTaos Garden and it was everything i expected. Dan married us in 2016 and now we renewed our vows 5 years later in 2021. Dan is so accommodating, professional, creative and made this surprise a unique one to remember. We absolutely love him and would choose him over and over again. Do not hesitate to choose him :-) Dan will make your wedding or vow renewal one to never forget!! So blessed and grateful to have chosen him!! Thanks Dan for making this day a more magical event for us and family.

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Jessica! I loved working with you 5 years ago and am blessed to have you and Auda return for a vow renewal. Your friends and family are so wonderful, I loved hosting them in my gardens.
    Arianna D. Married on 09/10/2021

Dan was amazing

Not only was he responsive but he was considerate and supportive. Especially when my father died 2 months prior to my wedding.

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Arianna. Working with you and seeing the outpouring of love and emotion among your family touched my heart. It is challenging to juggle joy and sorrow in the same moments.
  • Cam
    Cam M. Married on 09/09/2021

Thanks Dan!

Dan Jones listened to what we wanted and gave us a perfect wedding in absolutely every way. His words were thoughtfully chosen and beautifully delivered. Regardless of the size of any wedding, it's stressful! Dan Jones smoothed over every anxiety and made it a perfect day. I recommend him without reservation.

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for validating what I do -- and love doing! It was my pleasure working with you. All my best!
  • Justin
    Justin H. Married on 09/02/2021

Wonderful Officiant!

Dan was very responsive prior to our big day. He set our minds at ease and made sure we knew exactly what to expect. On the day, he arrived promptly and was very thorough and caring with his officiation. Thanks again for making our elopement so special Dan! : )

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

So happy when I can set minds at ease! You're only getting married once, so it is understandable that you'd have a lot of questions and uncertainties. Chances are they're things I have encountered previously, so I'm delighted to share my experiences.
  • Robin
    Robin O. Married on 07/12/2021

Great wedding!

Our wedding ceremony was awesome! Everything was done to our specifications. Everyone involved was professional and courteous. I have to say that my husband was hesitant with booking online since we live too far away to be able to meet with Dan in person, but after our day, he was very pleased with how everything went. The flowers Dan provided were beautiful as well. We honestly could not have asked for a nicer, less stress-free day!

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Robin! It was a pleasure working with you. I'm glad that my package provided everything to make your day special.
    Amy M. Married on 06/25/2021

The Markhams

We absolutely loved Dan! He was very professional and thorough and made sure our ceremony was exactly what we wanted it to be. 100% recommend Dan for whatever kind of ceremony you are looking for.

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so very much Amy! I'm glad the ceremony was perfect for you. I appreciate your kind words.
    Nic Married on 06/18/2021

DAN’s the man!

Dan is wonderful. He met with my wife and I and got to know us before the ceremony. He helped us edit our ceremony and made it tailored to us perfectly with personal little twists. Many people complimented us after the wedding with how because it was and how great DAN was. Thank you!

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much. You were a wonderful couple to work with and I appreciated how much fun your ceremony was! I love seeing smiling, happy, laughing people. Your friends obviously had a lot of love for you and I know the day was very special.
    Helen P. Married on 06/03/2021

Wonderfully joyful and peaceful ceremony in beautiful Taos nature

We decided to elope from LA to Taos without ever having visited before and with hopes for a simple, peaceful ceremony in nature. Dan made the day even better than we could have possibly imagined, guiding us to a truly beautiful place and perfectly sensing our spirit in scripting the ceremony and our loving and balanced vows. Working with Dan was a real pleasure, from his immediate responsiveness and great advice, through calmly ensuring all was in place, to our happy time hiking down together after our joyful ceremony. We had so much fun and are so glad Dan was part of our special day! Super highly recommended! Many thanks Dan! : )

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

It was great spending time with you and hearing about your passions in life. I'm glad I was able to facilitate such a meaningful wedding day for you. Thank you for trusting me to do so!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie R. Married on 05/29/2021

It was absolutely Magical!

The SpiriTaos Gardens was absolutely beautiful. The Garden was such a unique place. Dan was so wonderful and Kind, and very organized. The photographer was so much fun. This made my day so very special. It was intimate.. It was Magical. I highly recommend having your wedding at the SpiriTaos!

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! It was magical and fun having you here as well. You made our "jobs" easy, pleasant and rewarding. It fills my heart to know it was such a great experience for you as well.
  • Ginger
    Ginger H. Married on 05/01/2021

Runaway Wedding

After our wedding was postponed because of Covid, we decided to make it simple. A mountain elopement was the perfect solution! It was so easy to arrange. The mountain backdrop at sunset was perfect, Dan was great and our photographer, Sarah, was so sweet. We had so much fun! I highly recommend Embracing Ceremonies.

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Of course we hate knowing that people's plans have been disrupted. And we're glad we can create happy substitute memories! Thanks for trusting us with your plans and memories Ginger!
    Jessica G. Married on 05/01/2021

Simply wonderful

Dan helped make our day perfect. He was so accommodating and was willing to make it to our venue which was not easy to find. The words he spoke during our ceremony were so beautiful and heartfelt.

Thank you Dan for being a part of our special day! It was perfect! ❤

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

And thank you Jessica for your kind words as well as your warm welcome on your big day. I felt like part of the family during our time together.
  • Kincaid
    Kincaid W. Married on 03/31/2021

Wonderful Officiant

We planned our out-of-state elopement in Taos very last-minute, and Dan could not have been more helpful and terrific to work with. From helping with how to get our marriage license to finding the perfect ceremony spot at the Rio Grande Gorge overlook, Dan was quick to respond and made the process fun, calming and efficient. His ceremony script was beautiful and just what we wanted. We highly recommend working with Dan!

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much Kincaid! I'm glad all worked well for you and am so grateful for the unusually perfect weather we had for late March. My very best wishes.