Embracing Ceremony Reviews

192 Reviews for Embracing Ceremony

• Erin

Erin B. · Getting married on 04/08/2022

Perfect intimate Taos elopement

We were hoping for a low key elopement and initially planned to have our ceremony in a courthouse. However, I stumbled upon Dan's site and loved the idea of having a ceremony outside surrounded by the beauty that is Taos. From the moment I contacted him Dan made everything extremely easy. The location he chose by the Taos Gorge Bridge was breathtaking, and Deanna, the photographer he works with (optional to add on to the ceremony), was also lovely and so easy to work with. Dan's ceremony was clearly carefully prepared and meaningful. Overall, working with Dan made our intimate wedding everything we wanted, and I would definitely recommend him to others who don't want to deal with the typical drama associated with a wedding!

Sent on 09/01/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Erin. Deanna and I loved working with you. We were so appreciative that you trusted us to be the ones to create (and capture by camera) this most special day in your lives.
  • Wendy

Wendy J. · Getting married on 11/07/2021

Amazing Experience

Dan was very professional, kind, funny and knowledgable, he made our elopement very special. He communicated with us throughout the easy process, and was very helpful in answering any questions/concerns we had. The ceremony itself was beautiful and very special. The vows that he prepared for us were perfect. I highly recommend Dan to anyone who is needing an officiant for their wedding!

Sent on 07/29/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Wendy. I enjoyed working with you and I'm glad that we co-created such a good experience for you!
  • Robin

Robin O. · Getting married on 07/12/2021

Great wedding!

Our wedding ceremony was awesome! Everything was done to our specifications. Everyone involved was professional and courteous. I have to say that my husband was hesitant with booking online since we live too far away to be able to meet with Dan in person, but after our day, he was very pleased with how everything went. The flowers Dan provided were beautiful as well. We honestly could not have asked for a nicer, less stress-free day!

Sent on 01/24/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Robin! It was a pleasure working with you. I'm glad that my package provided everything to make your day special.

Jessica G. · Married on 05/01/2021

Simply wonderful

Dan helped make our day perfect. He was so accommodating and was willing to make it to our venue which was not easy to find. The words he spoke during our ceremony were so beautiful and heartfelt.

Thank you Dan for being a part of our special day! It was perfect! ❤

Sent on 05/04/2021

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

And thank you Jessica for your kind words as well as your warm welcome on your big day. I felt like part of the family during our time together.
  • Kincaid

Kincaid W. · Married on 03/31/2021

Wonderful Officiant

We planned our out-of-state elopement in Taos very last-minute, and Dan could not have been more helpful and terrific to work with. From helping with how to get our marriage license to finding the perfect ceremony spot at the Rio Grande Gorge overlook, Dan was quick to respond and made the process fun, calming and efficient. His ceremony script was beautiful and just what we wanted. We highly recommend working with Dan!

Sent on 04/03/2021

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much Kincaid! I'm glad all worked well for you and am so grateful for the unusually perfect weather we had for late March. My very best wishes.

Linda H. · Married on 03/22/2021

Very Pleased

My husband and I decided to elope from Dallas/FW to Taos, NM. I had no clue where to go and when I contacted Dan and all that changed. He suggested a few great spots, all were beautiful. We decided on the Gorge and it was absolutely breath taking.
    Dan was very responsive to my many questions and kept in contact with me every step of the way.
    He gave us lots of options and suggestions on how we wanted our special day to go. Dan was very well spoken and professional. I would highly recommend him for your special day.

Sent on 03/24/2021

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

So happy that I was able to help -- and, that the weather cooperated -- March can be a bit tricky in Taos! I appreciate your kind words and wish you all the best.
  • Lisa

Lisa R. · Married on 02/10/2021

So much more than I expected

Dan provided us with beautiful vows in a gorgeous setting at SpiriTaos Gardens. Even the weather was perfect for being so late in the season. Dan kept in touch with us leading up to the date, and the ceremony was amazing, meaningful, and beautiful. I highly, highly recommend Embracing Ceremony for anyone who needs an accommodating, wonderful officiant.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Lisa. I loving hearing that you found my ceremony meaningful. Nice to know I succeeded in what I strive to do!
  • Julie

Julie S. · Married on 01/10/2021

Wonderful Officiant

I was simply impressed by everything. Dan made everything stress free and our day was simply beautiful. I could not have asked for a more beautiful ceremony and the vows/readings we perfect for the occasion. He is such a wonderful officiant.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Julie. I'm not sure how your wedding date of 10/14/19 came to appear as 2021 here! I'm sure you're glad you didn't wait any longer! Glad you liked the words I wrote and selected.

Lisa R. · Married on 12/22/2020

Very good experience with Dan

Dan was our officiant and do you and I did our photography. Felt very comfortable with both and price was reasonable. Have not seen the photos yet but our ceremony with Dan was very nice.

Sent on 12/28/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Lisa. Deanna from Poetic Images and I loved working with you and I can't wait to see the magic she captured.

Sierra · Married on 10/20/2020

Taos Wedding Ceremony

Absolutely beautiful & perfect in every way. Our officiatant, Dan Jones, created a poetic heart-warming experience I will remember as one of the most special days of my life.

Sent on 10/27/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Sierra! I'm so happy your wedding day will be one of special memories, as it should be! I appreciate the kind words.
  • Gina

Gina B. · Married on 10/01/2020

Wouldn't change a thing

Dan Jones of Embracing Ceremony was all we could have hoped for in a wedding officiant.
    He knew exactly how to make our wedding special, from the flowers he selected to the photographer he invited to work with us.
    The ceremony he created encompassed our spiritual beliefs, our love for each other and the meaning of our relationship. He helped make our wedding day magical.

Sent on 10/04/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Gina! Thank you so much. It was great to finally meet you after months of anticipation. I'm glad my words properly expressed your beliefs and love. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!
  • Karen

Karen R. · Married on 09/19/2020

Cortez Wedding

Dan, is very excellent person. His communication skills are amazing. He helped us with our wedding ceremony and was very understanding on the last minute changes due to the pandemic.

Sent on 09/23/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much Karen. After all the challenges you faced in planning you ended up with the absolutely perfect venue and I think everything went very smoothly. I'm glad I could participate. And yes, with the pandemic we're all having to flex and adjust as things unfold.
  • Amanda

Amanda W. · Married on 09/10/2020

Excellent Service

Very good experience with Dan he welcomed us at any time that worked for us we just wanted plain and simple he was very good with us

Sent on 10/28/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Amanda. So glad we got you married before winter set in here! The drive through the mountains would have been quite different now!
  • Patricia

Patricia K. · Married on 08/01/2020

Attention to detail. Dan made our day memorable!

Dan personalized our ceremony and made us feel entirely relaxed throughout the entire evening. We were married at the Gorge Bridge on the Rio Grande during the golden hour leading into a beautiful sunset. The evening couldn’t have been more perfect if we picked it out of a magazine. The ceremony amongst the ambiance surrounded by mountains, the Gorge and a beautifully golden sunset sky was everything we dreamed of for our special day! We highly recommend Dan as a minister for couples looking for an experience that will last long after the last I do.

Sent on 08/03/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much! I wish I could take credit for those gorgeous skies, but that was the work of a power higher than me. Clearly the forces were aligned to provide you with perfect memories. It was a pleasure meeting you both.
  • Aana

Aana · Married on 03/10/2020

Perfect wedding!

Dan was very professional. He made everything go smooth and there was no stress. He gave us good pointers and we felt at ease before during and after the ceremony.

Sent on 10/05/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Aana. It was a pleasure working with you and Frazier. I hope the streaming worked well so that all your friends and family could enjoy the ceremony with you. My very best wishes!

Pixy A. · Married on 02/14/2020

Beyond Expectations!

Dan was absolutely wonderful! We were coming from Australia, to visit a relative, and decided at the last minute that we wanted to get married while we were there. Dan was super responsive, helpful and understanding of our disorganised ways!!! He helped when we were trying to find a location, picking the perfect spot for us based on what we told him, and was then flexible when we realised, after talking to our relative, that we would have to change it. He was very informative and helpful regarding what we needed to do to be able to get married while we were in the US.
    When we got to New Mexico it was great to meet up with Dan in person, and to confirm that we had made the right choice in him - we immediately felt comfortable with Dan, and felt that he got us and what we wanted.
    On our wedding day Dan was relaxed, supportive and professional. He gave us a beautiful wedding ceremony, and the readings and words he had chosen for us were absolutely perfect.
    Thank you so much Dan - we couldn't have hoped for anything better! You really helped to make such a special day even better.

Sent on 02/19/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Pixy! I'm so glad my words worked well for you both. And thank you for introducing me to the concept of Acknowledgement of Country. So meaningful and important for us to remember. Blessings!
  • Anti

Anti · Married on 02/14/2020

Minister Dan Jones

Dan was lovely! He met with us beforehand to get a 'feel' for the sort of ceremony we wanted and even though this wasn't a long meeting, he nailed it. The poem he started with and his inclusion of an extract from the State of New Mexico legislature on same sex marriage were both very thoughtful and moving. He agreed to come to my aunty's place even though the road there was hazardous. He was very calm and measured. He helped us with all the paperwork. All of the guests commented on how lucky we were to have found him to officiate for us and how much they had enjoyed it. One even said it was the loveliest she had ever been to. Overall, Dan really helped to make the day a moving and memorable and stress-free experience. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 02/19/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Anti! Such a pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet you and Pixy. You're a beautiful couple, I loved the palpable flow of love between you.

Heidi K. · Married on 02/12/2020

Perfect Outdoor Elopement

With so much uncertainty in 2020, it is difficult to schedule a wedding. When my finacee and I decided to elope to the mountains, we found Dan Jones and Embracing Ceremony. He offered everything we needed to have a simple, yet beautiful and elegant ceremony. Dan was flexible to work with and offered great advice. I had complete confidence in Dan that my ceremony would be everything I had envisioned, and it was! Thank you sir for organizing a wonderful ceremony for us!

Sent on 12/07/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Heidi! You were also a pleasure to work with and I'm so glad we found such a perfect spot for your winter elopement. Fresh snow, forest, nearby stream and easy to get to!
  • Mikey

Mikey M. · Married on 02/08/2020

Very professional and delivered the perfect ceremony for me and my family.

Dan Jones was amazing! He arrived on time and willing to be flexible with our location (which was out in the freezing cold). He provided a heart felt ceremony that was perfect for my family. Highly recommend him for your special occasion!

Sent on 02/17/2020

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Mikey. I was glad I had a warm coat and gloves! Your warmth and love helped keep us all smiling.

Heather M. · Married on 11/08/2019

Embracing Ceremony

Dan was superb in making my elopement memorable and special. He was professional and cared about everything to the smallest details. I’m beyond thrilled with how he planned everything and loved how it turned out.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks for noticing Heather! It's a big day for you and I want to be sure that all the memories are positive. I hope your return trip home is a safe one.
  • Viviana

Viviana A. · Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect ceremony and location

Dan was great. His words we’re very touching it was everything we expected and more. We recommend him 100%

Sent on 11/04/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks for trusting me with your wedding ceremony Viviana! I enjoyed working with you both and meeting your friends ... and your son!
  • Leandra

Leandra P. · Married on 10/19/2019

Davis Angel Fire Wedding

Dan was wonderful at our Angel Fire Wedding this past weekend. We spoke several times in the months leading up to the wedding to customize our ceremony. Dan also had many great suggestions to make our ceremony one of a kind. The wine Ceremony he recommended was beautiful and our guests loved it!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

So glad you enjoyed my suggestions and that they were appreciated by your guests! They probably were all wishing they could have a glass of the wine as well! I'm sure they did at the reception to warm up. My best to you!

Ron · Married on 09/19/2019

Intimate Wedding at Spectacular Location

Dan was the perfect wedding officiate. He was flexible and respectful of our wishes. He customized a service that was Native American in flavor but was also inclusive to our Jewish and Christian roots. He included the perfect prayers and vows to complete it. He also accommodated our rather remote location and arrived exactly at the time that he said he would. A very pleasurable and memorable experience to last a lifetime. Thanks again Dan,

Sent on 09/19/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Ron. I'm glad that I was able to fulfill your wishes. Your remote location was awesome! Such a remarkable view of the Ghost Ranch geologic formations. You've got my best wishes always.
  • Valerie

Valerie S. · Married on 09/15/2019

Memorable ceremony on a mountain

Dan put together a beautiful and memorable ceremony and vows that we both loved, seamlessly mixing quotes from an impressive variety of sources. We really enjoyed reviewing the transcript afterward. He is responsive, laid back and kind, and the perfect, most knowledgable choice for a New Mexico hiking wedding!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Valerie! I loved the meadow you chose -- so incredibly memorable for all of us. Yay to your intrepid families for making it up with seemingly minimal complaints! I'm honored to be part of your memories.

Amanda R. · Married on 09/14/2019

Everything was seamless, easy and effective

Dan did a great job guiding us through the entire process and ultimately the flow of our ceremony. We were pleased with the outcome.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Amanda. May I say my services are S.E.E. in the future? (seamless, easy and effective)! I like it. Thanks for that new phrase. So glad everything went well with El Monte Sagrado as well. A beautiful spot for a ceremony, for sure.