Embracing Ceremony Reviews

Embracing Ceremony 5
  • Robin

Robin Orr Nickell · Getting married on 07/12/2021

Great wedding!

Our wedding ceremony was awesome! Everything was done to our specifications. Everyone involved was professional and courteous. I have to say that my husband was hesitant with booking online since we live too far away to be able to meet with Dan in person, but after our day, he was very pleased with how everything went. The flowers Dan provided were beautiful as well. We honestly could not have asked for a nicer, less stress-free day!

Embracing Ceremony 6
    Sent on 01/24/2020
  • Lisa

Lisa Ravenwood · Getting married on 02/10/2021

So much more than I expected

Dan provided us with beautiful vows in a gorgeous setting at SpiriTaos Gardens. Even the weather was perfect for being so late in the season. Dan kept in touch with us leading up to the date, and the ceremony was amazing, meaningful, and beautiful. I highly, highly recommend Embracing Ceremony for anyone who needs an accommodating, wonderful officiant.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Lisa. I loving hearing that you found my ceremony meaningful. Nice to know I succeeded in what I strive to do!
  • Julie

Julie Swanstrom · Getting married on 01/10/2021

Wonderful Officiant

I was simply impressed by everything. Dan made everything stress free and our day was simply beautiful. I could not have asked for a more beautiful ceremony and the vows/readings we perfect for the occasion. He is such a wonderful officiant.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Julie. I'm not sure how your wedding date of 10/14/19 came to appear as 2021 here! I'm sure you're glad you didn't wait any longer! Glad you liked the words I wrote and selected.
  • Amanda

Amanda White · Getting married on 09/10/2020

Excellent Service

Very good experience with Dan he welcomed us at any time that worked for us we just wanted plain and simple he was very good with us

Sent on 10/28/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Amanda. So glad we got you married before winter set in here! The drive through the mountains would have been quite different now!

Heather Miller · Married on 11/08/2019

Embracing Ceremony

Dan was superb in making my elopement memorable and special. He was professional and cared about everything to the smallest details. I’m beyond thrilled with how he planned everything and loved how it turned out.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks for noticing Heather! It's a big day for you and I want to be sure that all the memories are positive. I hope your return trip home is a safe one.
  • Viviana

Viviana Aguayo · Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect ceremony and location

Dan was great. His words we’re very touching it was everything we expected and more. We recommend him 100%

Embracing Ceremony 7
    Sent on 11/04/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks for trusting me with your wedding ceremony Viviana! I enjoyed working with you both and meeting your friends ... and your son!
  • Leandra

Leandra Piro · Married on 10/19/2019

Davis Angel Fire Wedding

Dan was wonderful at our Angel Fire Wedding this past weekend. We spoke several times in the months leading up to the wedding to customize our ceremony. Dan also had many great suggestions to make our ceremony one of a kind. The wine Ceremony he recommended was beautiful and our guests loved it!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

So glad you enjoyed my suggestions and that they were appreciated by your guests! They probably were all wishing they could have a glass of the wine as well! I'm sure they did at the reception to warm up. My best to you!

Ron H · Married on 09/19/2019

Intimate Wedding at Spectacular Location

Dan was the perfect wedding officiate. He was flexible and respectful of our wishes. He customized a service that was Native American in flavor but was also inclusive to our Jewish and Christian roots. He included the perfect prayers and vows to complete it. He also accommodated our rather remote location and arrived exactly at the time that he said he would. A very pleasurable and memorable experience to last a lifetime. Thanks again Dan,

Sent on 09/19/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Ron. I'm glad that I was able to fulfill your wishes. Your remote location was awesome! Such a remarkable view of the Ghost Ranch geologic formations. You've got my best wishes always.
  • Valerie

Valerie Sands · Married on 09/15/2019

Memorable ceremony on a mountain

Dan put together a beautiful and memorable ceremony and vows that we both loved, seamlessly mixing quotes from an impressive variety of sources. We really enjoyed reviewing the transcript afterward. He is responsive, laid back and kind, and the perfect, most knowledgable choice for a New Mexico hiking wedding!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Valerie! I loved the meadow you chose -- so incredibly memorable for all of us. Yay to your intrepid families for making it up with seemingly minimal complaints! I'm honored to be part of your memories.

Amanda Ross · Married on 09/14/2019

Everything was seamless, easy and effective

Dan did a great job guiding us through the entire process and ultimately the flow of our ceremony. We were pleased with the outcome.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Amanda. May I say my services are S.E.E. in the future? (seamless, easy and effective)! I like it. Thanks for that new phrase. So glad everything went well with El Monte Sagrado as well. A beautiful spot for a ceremony, for sure.
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 08/30/2019

Our small but amazing wedding

Dan is awesome and so is his garden that we chose to do the ceremony in. We both don't have family in the area so this was the perfect choice for us. Sarah did an amazing job with taking pictures. Taos is an amazing small town to visit. There was alot to do in the area and getting our marriage certificate was really easy. The whole process could not have been easier and thanks to Dan I am officially married to the love of my life. Thank you!

Sent on 08/31/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Michael. It was great to meet you and Arielle. Her accent delighted me and took me back to my wonderful trips to New Zealand. So glad you're now happily married.
  • Melanie

Melanie Bauer · Married on 08/27/2019

Wonderful vow renewal

Dan took the time to get to know us, even though we are not local, by setting up a video call. As a result, the ceremony he prepared felt very personalized and really captured the essence of our relationship. He made us feel wonderfully comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend choosing Dan to perform your ceremony.

Sent on 09/04/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Melanie! I really enjoyed working with you and am thrilled my ceremony fit you properly. I hope the rest of your trip in New Mexico (especially the time in beautiful Taos!) was over-the-top incredible.
  • Cascade

Cascade Lineback · Married on 08/01/2019

Warm and personalized service

We were looking for an officiant a few weeks before our wedding. We are so glad to have found Dan, who was kind, flexible and attentive to our wishes.
    We wanted a simple, but elegant ceremony, with some spirituality, but not overly religious and that mentioned how we met and our families. Dan fulfilled all that we asked for and we are very happy that it worked out with his schedule.
    He recommended several locations, including his garden, for the ceremony and let us decide when we arrived to Taos (just 3 days before the wedding!) as it was important to us to see the spaces before we made our decision.
    He was also able to recommend a photographer, who took amazing photos.
    Overall, we highly recommend Dan.

Embracing Ceremony 8
    Sent on 10/05/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Cascade! I love helping people find the perfect Taos location for their intimate ceremonies. We have so many great options here! All my best!
  • Audrey

Audrey Newman · Married on 07/27/2019

Incredible elopement in Taos!

My wife and I decided at the last minute that we wanted to celebrate our 5th anniversary by getting married in Taos, NM (one of our favorite places!). We found Dan through a quick web search and although our preferred day was only 3 days away we thought we would give him a call and see if he was available. Dan answered immediately and checked his planner and made miracles happen :) He was available for our date and walked us through the process of getting a NM marriage license (a very easy process compared to our home state of TX) as well as lodging, dinner accommodations, and so much more. Dan even offered us the use of his private gardens for our nuptials. On the day of our marriage Dan was available and so accommodating as we added last minute guests to our small party. His gardens are beyond beautiful and the backdrop of the mountains makes for phenomenal pictures. The whole experience was picturesque and NO stress from start to finish. I would highly recommend Dan and the beautiful and hospital town of Taos. We are so glad we said I do in New Mexico!

Embracing Ceremony 9
    Sent on 08/10/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Audrey! I'm thrilled to have been able to contribute to the success of a memorable day for you in Taos. And my gardens appreciate the mention as well -- they're always happy to be appreciated. My very best wishes to you both.

Jeff Slagle · Married on 07/11/2019

The Perfect Choice for our Ceremony

We were very comfortable with Dan from the very start. His attention to detail and reassuring manner kept us at ease and confident through the entire process. His location recommendation was perfectly in line with the parameters we had provided. The ceremony was extremely well done and very moving. We will never celebrate an anniversary without a toast to Dan!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

I'm honored Jeff! Thank you. Just make sure it is good champagne. Ha! I'm so glad you liked the streamside spot I chose -- it and the sunset light were as magical as you both were!

Deborah Slagle · Married on 07/11/2019

Awesome experience for a special day!

We are so happy with the decision to have Dan officiate our wedding vows. We wanted something intimate, informal and in a natural setting. He recommended the perfect location, was very helpful, professional (yet personable) and responded very quickly when contacted. I would definitely recommend his services!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Deborah! I loved our little magical spot you selected by the stream. And the evening light was spectacular. Thank you for placing your trust in me.
  • Danielle

Danielle Mckinley · Married on 07/05/2019

From start to finish ,our experience with Embracing Ceremony was amazing !

Our experience with Dan and Embracing Ceremony was the absolute best!! His professionalism was evident from the very first email correspondence about the wedding ceremony. He showed extreme compassion in dealing with some issues we as a couple faced prior to the wedding. When finally meeting him on the wedding day, it seemed as if we were longtime friends.
    The ceremony was perfect - all the words and scripture used were well suited for our particular needs and everyone at the ceremony commented on how beautiful it was! We are so blessed and thankful for having chosen Dan with Embracing Ceremony!!

Embracing Ceremony 10
    Embracing Ceremony 11
    Sent on 07/16/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Danielle! It was great to finally meet you. And I was so happy that your wedding day finally arrived and it was my honor to be the one officiating for you.
  • Jannet

Jannet Mascarenas · Married on 07/04/2019

Mr. Rudy and Jannet Reyes

Dan really took the time to get to know us as individuals. He not only exceeded in meeting our needs. Our guests were heartfelt by the words of love and wisdom that were spoken. Dan, we would like to thank you for an absolutely phenomenal wedding ceremony!

Embracing Ceremony 12
    Embracing Ceremony 13
    Embracing Ceremony 14
    Embracing Ceremony 15
    Sent on 07/12/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

My pleasure Mr. & Mrs. Jannet and Rudy Mascarenas! So glad to have finally met you. It was a beautiful evening!

James Myers · Married on 06/08/2019

Dan was the ideal officiant for our wedding. He will make your ceremony, YOUR ceremony!

Dan did a great job getting to know us as individuals and as a couple. He has a calming presence which also brings gravity to the ceremony. Someone fainted of heat stroke during out ceremony (he ended up being fine, but 911 was called). Dan helped to keep us calm and composed and the ceremony finished beautifully. Dan brings a kind heart and a warm sense of humor to the occasion.

Embracing Ceremony 16
    Sent on 06/13/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

What a great picture! Sandy with Blue Rose Studio was a real pro. Thank you for your kind words James. You and Caley were an absolute delight to work with.

Caley · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect Officiant

Dan was extremely organized and very prompt when responding to messages. We set up a meeting over the phone since we live out of state and I immediately felt at ease when speaking to him (He has a very pleasant and calming voice) . He sent us each a questionnaire which he used to get to know us and our relationship and used our responses and anecdotes to tailor a beautiful ceremony which was perfect for us. He was happy to incorporate our ideas/readings and seemed to understand our style completely. He sent us every draft of the ceremony so we could make changes etc. He walked us through every step of the ceremony and getting a marriage licence. By the day of wedding ceremony I found that his familiar, friendly face and calming presence really helped ease my nerves. We had several of our friends and family tell us that it was the most romantic wedding they had ever been to.

Embracing Ceremony 17
    Sent on 06/13/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Caley. I'm glad my inner peace was tangible for you. I love sharing it! I love what I do.

Cynthia Rangel · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful just beautiful and full of emotions.

Dan was the best wedding officiant that we could have in our wedding. He worked with os on the ceremony and gave us so many beautiful options to choose from. He is very helpful and definitely knows what he is doing. The best part of my wedding was the ceremony Dan created for us.
    I definitely recommend Dan from Embracing Ceremony as your wedding officiant !
    Than you Dan!

Embracing Ceremony 18
    Embracing Ceremony 19
    Sent on 05/28/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Cynthia! And thanks for having the confidence in me to speak a little Spanish! I enjoyed the challenge.

Jamie · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent service

Dan provides an excellent service. He is great about working with you to provide a customized ceremony. Very prompt communication as well.

Embracing Ceremony 20
    Embracing Ceremony 21
    Sent on 08/12/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks Jamie! I strive for good service and it is always satisfying to hear I've achieved that. Thanks for the confirmation.
  • Becki

Becki Perkins · Married on 04/05/2019

Mountain Elopement

Dan was phenomenal! With only a little information about us he provided the perfect ceremony. The location, readings and vows, and entire event was exactly what we wanted. We're so happy to have found him and he'll always be a part of our happy memories of that day! Working with Dan was so easy and fun. He took us out to a beautiful place in the mountains with a glorious view, provided gorgeous flowers and tasty champagne, and was the calm and kind presence that is just perfect for a wedding officiant. I can't recommend him enough!

Embracing Ceremony 22
    Sent on 04/10/2019

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much Becki! Loved my time with you and so happy to have provided the ceremony you desired.
  • Christopher

Christopher · Married on 12/05/2018

Enchanting Ghost Ranch

Dan was a wonderful officiant.
    During our meetings, Dan guessed the context and text that suited what we wanted. He made our ceremony perfect and touched our family with words, his serenity and moments of silence.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

So happy my words worked not only for you, but for your families as well. Yay! That's what I strive for and knowing I achieved it is very rewarding. Thank you.

Ruth Denney · Married on 12/04/2018

Everything was just right

From the first email to the end of the ceremony, Dan was terrific. Always friendly and polite, he took the time to get acquainted as well as to find out what type of service we wanted, and was an immense help in selecting a location and helping with the paperwork. Emails and phone calls were returned promptly. We were delighted in the ceremony when the day finally came. His remarks, the scripture and the vows were exactly right and were true to who we were. Thank you so very much.

Randy and Ruth Wood

Sent on 12/07/2018

Embracing Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Ruth, um ... I mean Mrs. Wood! I'm glad to have been able to facilitate a wonderful wedding ceremony so that you have great memories.