Ember Studio Reviews

Ember Studio 1
Ember Studio 2
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful photos & so fun to work with!

Mike & Matt are amazing photographers and so fun to work with! My husband and I really enjoyed shooting with them for both our engagement shots and on our wedding day. The best thing about these guys how passionate they are about their work - and it shows! (https://events.emberwed.com/dombek-froese/) They work together and bounce ideas off of each other in order to get fantastic shots. We loved how they would explain to us what they were doing and why they were doing it. Since my husband and I have no clue about photography, we really appreciated them explaining everything to us.

We also appreciated how Mike & Matt made sure to get us all the shots we wanted. At the church following our ceremony, we only had 15 minutes for family photos (> 100 people!) and Mike did a great job of organizing all our guests to make sure we got all those photos. Following our ceremony, we shot all around Atlanta, including Piedmont Park and Jackson Street Bridge.

The day you get married is a LONG DAY, and it was 95 degrees in Atlanta on ours! At one point my new hubby was worn out and getting tired of the heat and photos. But Mike knew there were more shots we would want on our special day, so he encouraged us to keep going. After a quick break to freshen up, Mike kept us going to shoot individual portraits, photos with all of our wedding party, and shots at our venue. We are now so grateful for that! I We cannot recommend Ember Studios enough!

Sent on 09/14/2019
    Ember Studio 3
  • Andi

Andi Heimer · Married on 12/01/2018

Incredible Pictures!

Mike and Matt were incredible! The quality of their pictures is top notch and they were able to get some amazing shots, even though it was pouring rain our entire wedding day. We especially loved that they turned around over 500 pictures to us only 2 weeks after our wedding!

They both were remarkably inconspicuous during the reception but managed to capture a lot of really amazing candid moments and action shots. I was especially impressed with their lighting on the dark dance floor - the pictures showed everyone clearly without making it look like it was lit up by a bright flash. The "Moon" lighting is really cool and resulted in some really beautiful pictures of the rain at night. I also really appreciated that they didn't take too much time on the posed pictures, allowing us to enjoy the maximum time with our guests but also still capturing every picture we wanted.

One small comment we did have was that prior to the wedding, the communication was a bit lacking. We had received an email confirming that they would call within 2 weeks of the wedding date, but still hadn't heard from them about 1 week before. It took about 2 days to get a hold of Mike, during which I stressed out way more than I should have. I imagine the lapse in communication was likely due to the transition from Mike Moon Studios to Ember Studios, and once we did get a hold of Mike he was able to assure us immediately that all was set, so no harm done at all.

Overall, Mike and Matt definitely earned their five stars. They were really fun to have around and produced excellent pictures in a very short amount of time. We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/18/2018