Em Devaud Events LLC Reviews

19 | Newport, RI

19 Reviews for Em Devaud Events LLC

Amanda and Jason Hochman · Married on 10/21/2018

The Best Night of Our Lives Would Not Have Been Possible Without Em

We just got married two weeks ago in Newport, RI and we are still over the moon with how everything went. None of this would have been possible without Em. We had been working with her for nearly a year before the wedding and throughout the whole process, her answer to everything was yes and she was happy to do anything and more that we ever asked of. She kept us organized, laid out detailed timelines, contacted every and any vendor (along with giving some GREAT recommendations) and always made herself available for a phone call when questions came up. We could not imagine throwing another party without her. We would recommend her to anyone. We are so grateful that Em made our special night exactly what we hoped it would be.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Elyse Greenbaum · Married on 10/06/2018

Best decision we ever made

We can’t begin to put into words how awesome an experience we had working with Em! My daughter and I first met her a year before her wedding and immediately felt right at home. Her warmth and smile are infectious and she never makes you feel that anything is too difficult or too much for her to take on. My daughters wedding weekend was everything we ever dreamed of and more and we owe a lot of it to Em! She was there for us every step of the way and during the wedding weekend she allowed us to be a guest at our own party! She had everything under control and anticipated our every need and then some. On the day of the wedding she had three people with us all day and then Em was there bright and early the next morning with her big smile to help coordinate the brunch. We wholeheartedly recommend her and suggest that anyone planning a wedding in Newport or anywhere close hire her immediately. It will be the best decision relating to the wedding you make!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Eniana · Married on 09/08/2018

The best decision we made!

Em came highly recommended from a coworker and it was hands down the best decision we made. We used her for the month of the wedding package but she went above and beyond with answering our questions and making great recommendations. Em was extremely professional, fun and a joy to have on our special day. Our vendors are still raving about how organized and amazing she was. As an extremely organized and anxious bride I felt immediately at ease with Em’s support. The wedding went off without a hitch and it was all thanks to Em!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Alexandra · Married on 10/08/2017

Em Devaud... HOW does one even put the words to the name. She is exquisite. She is professional. She is admired and liked by everyone and above all, she knows how to throw a party and have FUN doing it. I was married in October and me being the control freak that I am only wanted someone to help me with the execution of the day. Em was with me every.step.of.the.way. leading up to the big day - countless calls going over the timeline, little details, everything you can think of, Em was in the loop on and offered incomparable guidance on. Day-of, I knew I was incredible hands. I didn't have to lift a finger - the wedding day was PERFECT. Not one thing I would have changed and a huge huge part of it was because of Em and her incredible team. I came home to bridesmaids bouquets in vases, my dress hung up, all my gifts neatly together - I mean, come on. Is there anything this woman can't do? She is one in a million and I highly advise you hire her if you want your day to be perfect as well. Thank you again, Em!!! XO

Sent on 02/15/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/09/2017

Em and her team were absolutely fantastic. We hired Em for day-of coordination, and she really went above and beyond to make sure our day went smoothly and was exactly what we wanted. She was super positive and had such great energy, and was always available to us and our parents if we had any questions. She was extra helpful the week leading up to the wedding, driving to my parents house to pick up tons of wedding items so they wouldn't have to transport everything to the venue the day of -- candles, candy bar items, customized decorations and signs, and so much more. Then, she brought all the leftover items to our airbnb the day after the wedding. She had tons of items we were able to use -- lawn games, apothecary jars for the candy bar, birdcage for gifts / cards... And, her wedding emergency kit was incredible -- it was the size of a huge checked bag full of toothbrushes, floss, mouthwash, sewing kits, bobby pins, and dozens (or hundreds) of other things we never even would have thought of (and now can't even remember). Em thought of absolutely everything. We highly, highly recommend hiring Em -- you're in great hands with her and her team!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Gena · Married on 08/26/2017

The best decision we made the entire wedding planning process was hiring Em! We used Em for planning for day of, and she worked with us starting a month out. From the very beginning she was so pleasant to work with, organized, enthusiastic and offered GREAT advice I wasn't getting from my venue. The day of Em and her team were amazing! With the bridal party and the groomsmen all day keeping us on schedule and helping with the million little requests and emergency needs that came up! I can't say enough good things about Em, without her I wouldn't have been able to enjoy my own wedding!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Kim · Married on 12/18/2016

“Everything is happening around me and I am fully taken care of” was the way I felt the day of my wedding thanks to Em! She was like a hired best friend. Our family and friends were blown away by how excellent she was! (They could probably write their own rave reviews for Em!)

Em is bright and cheery and always enthusiastic which is exactly what is needed during wedding planning. She is also very professional with years of experience to lean on. She has a graceful way of handling every situation and bump in the road. Her enjoyment and passion for her work is apparent right from the first meeting. She listened intently and her face lit up with contagious excitement as we told her how we envisioned our day.

Em was close to 9 months pregnant for our wedding (she was completely transparent about this from the start) so she assigned a team of helpers just in case. She still went above and beyond, doing everything personally herself. She had been with me since early morning the day of our wedding, so she must have been just as tired as I was, but she had a huge smile on her face at the end of the night as she was packing up every single Christmas ornament for us. I wont ever forget feeling so grateful in that moment for all her dedication and support and energy.

For those on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, you are not only hiring a professional organizer and coordinator but a reliable go-to person for the little tasks and details. You are hiring a problem solver who is devoted to fixing any issues that arise (much like an insurance investment). You are hiring someone so that you and your close friends and family may fully enjoy the day too!

Sent on 02/08/2017

Lisa · Married on 12/03/2016

I wish I could hire Em to run my entire life. Our wedding was incredible and stress free because of her and her rockstar team of assistants! I can't believe at 8 months pregnant Em spend the whole day making OUR special day perfect- what a hero! We love her and appreciate her so much, and she is SUCH a pleasure to work with. She is responsive, helpful and not overbearing. We used her as DOC, and she was able to give us some guidance without being too forceful. She was great with all members of the wedding, from grandparents to our two year old nephew. Em's services are worth every penny and then some!

Sent on 12/05/2016

GC · Married on 08/13/2016

Working with Em was a pleasure from start to finish. She is so sweet and talented - we had an absolutely wonderful experience. I would highly recommend involving Em in your day as much as possible - she will make everything go smoothly and take all of the stress off of you. And the end result will look beautiful as well :).

Sent on 12/23/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 07/16/2016

We booked Em when we realized we would absolutely need someone to help on the day-of to execute and help with the logistics. From the moment we booked, Em was enthusiastic and immediately had great ideas to add to our vision. She touched base with us regularly to keep us on task and to see if she could help at all. She was a true professional at the rehearsal and made sure we all knew exactly how things would go. On the day-of Em and her team made sure everything ran smoothly behind the scenes and kept me and the wedding party calm. I could go on and on about all the wonderful things Em and her team did to help us! I would absolutely recommend Em for any and all coordinating. She made sure my wedding was exactly what I had envisioned and it would not have been the same without her.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Annie · Married on 07/08/2016

I have nothing but compliments for Em and her team. This was a destination wedding for us so it was important to have someone who was an effective communicator, decisive and responsive. Em was all of those things! We started dialog early on in the process and she was helpful and responsive from day one. Where she shines the most, however, is the day of. She is highly organized, highly communicative and direct, kept the bridal party on schedule and made sure the evening flowed seamlessly. She was always a couple of steps ahead touching base with vendors and coordinating with the wedding party and family VIPs. And she does all of it with a beautiful smile. I really couldn't of done it without her! Thanks Em!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Andrea · Married on 07/06/2016

Em Devaud and her staff made our wedding day absolutely perfect! My husband and I were looking for guidance on how to plan a small scale, laid back and quirky wedding that reflected our personalities. Em entertained our ideas with great enthusiasm and helped us create a wedding that went above and beyond what we were hoping for! She made us feel no less important than her clients who have much larger and more lavish events. Em helped us navigate many tricky circumstances including an unexpected change in date and venue (that were picked before she was hired) as well as awkward family circumstances with great kindness and impeccable attention to detail. Our wedding happened to fall on an extremely hot day and Em and her staff made sure we were comfortable, hydrated and cool. There was not a thing we could have wished, hoped or wanted for that Em and her team did not already have ready to go. She was able to read our personalities and our vision and recommend other vendors that were incredibly professional and easy to work with. Em and the other wedding professionals we selected from her recommendations matched us so well, they felt more like old friends than vendors. Our wedding day was stress free, beautiful and everything we could have hoped for and more. We highly recommended Em Devaud Events and appreciate everything she has done for us!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Em was everything we wanted and could hope for in a wedding planner. We chose the full-service package and she made sure every detail was taken care of, including helping us find amazing vendors, planning a minute-by-minute timeline, and taking care of everything on the day of our wedding so we didn't have to worry. We were married in Newport, which she is extremely familiar with after working hundreds of weddings in the area. She is very organized and detail-oriented and is the reason why our wedding ran flawlessly. From our first meeting with Em we knew that she was the perfect choice. She is so enthusiastic and genuine and made us feel comfortable immediately. We truly think of Em as a friend in addition to our wedding planner!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Michael · Married on 05/30/2015

This is the groom writing this (and I'm doing it on the flight to our honeymoon!) - I just couldn't wait to rave about how absolutely AMAZING Em and her team were! I honestly couldn't imagine not having her there - they took care of EVERYTHING - from tiny details that didn't even begin to cross our mind to answering questions for everyone involved and everything in between. She was so much fun, had a ton of great ideas, and her demeanor made everyone instantly calmer (the way it should be). Even my groomsmen raved about her - so that's saying something.

I could gush for hours but with 100% sincerity - I highly recommend working with Em, she's a true professional that is highly detailed and organized, willing to bend over backwards for anyone/anything, extremely knowledgeable, and she was a blast to have around!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Many months ago, my daughter and I began the process of selecting a venue (and vendors) for her wedding day, which was last weekend in Newport. Although together we made most of the arrangements, as the day grew closer, I began to realize that I might need someone to help take care of details on the day of the wedding, so that I could savor each moment with family and friends.

I asked one of our vendors for a recommendation for an event planner, and she immediately gave me Em's name. When I look back, I cannot imagine the wedding without Em! She was invaluable ... cheerleader, organizer, last minute crisis manager and overall best person you would ever want to guide you through the maze of details that unexpectedly pop up before the wedding. She was fun, her attention to detail was excellent, her enthusiasm was over the top, her knowledge of what to do and avoid was right on, and above all, no request was too much. She responded to our communications promptly, met with us as often as we needed and truly became an integral part of the day, and night, as she stayed to the very end... and was the first person at the post wedding brunch the next day!
    There is no doubt that Em LOVES what she does. Everyone planning a wedding should be so lucky as to have Em Devaud by their side. She is one in a million and I (and my entire family) will miss her!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Em Devaud was an absolute pleasure to work with. We took on the difficult task of planning our wedding in less than 5 months. A vendor that we had been speaking to suggested that we reach out to Em and we feel so fortunate that we received this amazing recommendation. From our first call, I felt at ease with her. She was incredibly responsive and knowledgeable on the wedding vendors in the area. Her positive and warm personality shined through in every interaction we had together. My husband and I had a million details and a large number of vendors we wanted to work with. Em kept us all organized throughout the entire process. Her impeccable taste helped us make important decisions quickly and efficiently on all of our rentals, linens, florals and lighting. Em was prepared to handle each situation throughout the wedding weekend. From having a steamer on hand when the bridesmaids dresses were wrinkled to finding my veil in the bridal suite minutes before walking down the aisle, Em was there to save the day. She became a friend and trusted advisor throughout the last 6 months, and we will miss our daily emails and conversations. Em Devaud was hands down one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. Our parents and wedding party loved her and we would recommend her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/14/2014

kathryn · Married on 06/28/2014

Em Devaud was outstanding!! I truly think she could run a Fortune 500 business! She was delightful to work with, so completely professional and thorough that my daughter and I weekly said to each other how lucky we were to have found Em!
    Em was willing to take on any assignment and she always came through with great ideas and resources. She was sensitive to our budget and always offered alternatives when we were having trouble deciding on something. She responded immediately to any phone call or email and always followed through immediately with whatever we requested.
    She guided us through the shoals of the wedding-planning year with expertise and pleasantness, which gave us confidence and made it fun. The weekend of the wedding she was indispensable and anticipated all the problems which could have occurred, and we thankfully avoided.
    My daughter and I highly recommend Em Devaud Events.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Samantha · Married on 04/12/2014

I don't think anything I write in this review could give Emily enough praise. Emily is every brides dream planner... she is willing to go above and beyond no matter what time of the day (or night). Her bubbly personality is what I noticed first. Im a hugger and so is she so we hit it off right away. Your wedding isn't just a job for her, its something you can tell she genuinely enjoys. Her assistance has gone beyond planning into an amazing friendship. I would recommend Emily to anyone wanting their wedding day to go off perfectly without a worry for the bride (and her mother). Thank you Em for everything you did for us. xo

Sent on 05/06/2014

Em Devaud Events LLC's reply:

Samantha-- YOU are so wonderful and every planners dream bride :-) thank you for your incredibly kind words!