Elyse Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Lauren S. Married on 09/04/2021

The Best There Is!

From the moment I spoke to Elyse on the phone, I knew she was the wedding planner for us! I just got all around good vibes from her calm but professional demeanor. SLO was a destination wedding for my husband and I, as we live in SD. I was intimidated at the thought of planning a destination wedding without seeing/meeting many vendors and materials, along with working full time. Elyse was our saving grace throughout the entire process. Her organization, vision, communication, positivity, and connections within the SLO area made the wedding planning process run SO smoothly! Elyse took my vision and brought it to life. Our wedding was more than we could have ever dreamed of and we owe it to Elyse and her amazing team. 🤍

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren! It was so nice working with you and Kevin, and I'm so glad your wedding was everything you dreamed of!
    Brianna N. Married on 09/04/2021

Best coordinator

I am a wedding vendor in the baking industry! And I have done many weddings with Elyse! She is the best coordinator I have ever worked with!! 100% recommend her to anyone getting married!

Elyse Events's reply:

Aww thank you so much, Bri! That means so much to me and I really appreciate it!
    Kevin I. Married on 08/28/2021

Elyse is the best!

Elyse gifted my wife and me with the best wedding ever! Seriously could not have asked for a better turnout. She was extremely helpful from the initial meeting and our wedding day literally had ZERO flaws. The amount of friends and family who have asked for Elyse's contact information for future reference is a testament to how amazing she made our special day. Can't thank you enough Elyse, we'll be back in touch when it's time for the renewal party!

Elyse Events's reply:

KEVIN! OMG you and Becca are the absolute sweetest. Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it. I loved working with you two and I CANNOT WAIT for the renewal party! :)
    Paul T. Married on 07/30/2021

Awesome experience!!!!

I have known Elyse for many years, she has an open mind approach to her events and most importantly really listens to her clients. She is completely prepared and ensures her "team" of vendors is completely advised of timing and layout as well as any last minute changes. This is incredibly helpful and lends itself to great-teamwork the day of a wedding. She is a delight to know and work with. Always calm, cool and collected.
    As a wedding professional I am completely aware of all the finite details that require the trained eye of a excellent coordinator. I have a sense of calm and relief when I see Elyse will be our shared clients coordinator on such an incredibly important day...

Paul Thompson
    Epic Entertainment

Elyse Events's reply:

Aww thank you so much, Paul! I really appreciate your kind words. I love working with you as well, and am really looking forward to our wedding together this weekend! :)
    D A Married on 07/24/2021

Top notch service

Elyse and her team are great to work with. They were a phone call or step away at all times.

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Dawn! I really appreciate it. Your team on the wedding day was a pleasure to work with! :)
  • Emily
    Emily H. Married on 07/10/2021

Top Notch :)

Elyse is such a pleasure to work with! Professional, organized, easy to reach, and a wonderful energy on site! She is a gem and I highly recommend her services!

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Emily! I really appreciate it! The feeling is mutual, and I absolutely love working at Willow & Oak Estate! :)
  • Christina
    Christina Married on 06/05/2021

Incredible coordinator, even better person

Wow where do I even begin?! From day one Elyse went above and beyond to help make our wedding dreams a reality. She is a rockstar at communicating with vendors, organizing wedding timelines, managing setups and putting out last-minute "fires." Her wedding layouts and timelines were honestly works of art (they were so well done and so easy to read). On our wedding day, she helped create a ceremony and reception space more beautiful than we imagined and effortlessly handled every aspect of the day. We are 1000% certain things would not have turned out so well if it was not for Elyse.

Beyond her amazing work ethic, Elyse is also a wonderful human being. Her positive attitude and infectious spirit permeated throughout our wedding. She is so kind to other vendors and does everything she can to make everyone feel appreciated and valued.

Hiring Elyse was one of the best decisions my husband and I made throughout our wedding planning process. She is the best!

Omg christina!
    Jill A. Married on 05/17/2021

Elyse is fantastic!

Elyse was extremely helpful in planning our wedding, as we did our wedding in SLO as a destination from across the country. Elyse was able to be our eyes on the ground and identify exactly what we wanted after just a few short conversations. After deciding on the venues for our ceremony/reception, she was an excellent quarterback in terms of recommending and coordinating all of the vendors to make our experience truly perfect. If you are thinking about getting married in the central coast, Elyse should be the person you start your search with.

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Jill! I'm so glad your wedding was everything you dreamed of. It was wonderful working with you! :)
    Michele C. Married on 04/10/2021

Calm under pressure!

Elyse is calm under pressure, able to put fires out that you didn't even know existed and has an eye for decor and design that many dream of having. I am a local Wedding Planner and I have had her assist me several times. I know that when she is on my team, I do not have to worry about the tasks I assign her because she knows what to do and will get things done - which is what I need on wedding day! She has great rapport with other vendors, is personable and always has a smile on her face. She is an asset to any team and is a great wedding coordinator!

Elyse Events's reply:

Aww thank you so much, Michele! That means a lot, and I love working with you on your beautiful weddings! :)
    Anna A. Married on 03/27/2021

Amazing job!

Elyse and her staff are so fun and easy to work with. I loved the detailed timeline and layout, everything we ever emailed or chatted about was included in in both the timeline and layout, so much attention to detail! Over the three days of events (rehearsal dinner, wedding and brunch) she handled everything with professionalism and went above and beyond!
    I will definitely be recommending her! Thanks Elyse

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Anna! I really appreciate your kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you and your team as well! :)
    Brett H. Married on 03/09/2021

All around easy, professional, and friendly

I am a wedding entertainment vendor so this review is from that perspective. I loved working Elyse. I can tell that she is going to be around for a while because she treats her vendors well. She was helpful, communicative, and I felt like she had my interest at heart. Thanks for taking care of me and my band!

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Brett! I really appreciate it. :) I loved working with you guys at Ashley & Scott's wedding!
  • Daniel
    Daniel B. Married on 02/10/2021

Elyse is The. Best. In. The. Biz. Period.

It only lets me give 5 stars, but Elyse deserves 500,000!!
    If you're having a wedding, you NEED a good coordinator. If you're getting a coordinator, you NEED Elyse & her team. Best in the business. Total superstar in every area. Immune to stress. A true boss lady who will put out fires before they begin. Funny, fun, friendly -- you couldn't ask for better. Whatever she charges, her services are worth 10x. She is PEACE OF MIND when you need it most. Best wedding decision we made (other than, ya know, the whole marriage thing). We're considering getting married AGAIN just so I have an excuse to work with Elyse more!! Also, follow her on social... Insta game strong

Elyse Events's reply:

OMG Daniel! You are amazing! I absolutely LOVED working with you and Stephanie!!! Thank you so much for the sweetest review, I really appreciate it! I can't wait to see you guys again!
    Aamir K. Married on 04/05/2020

Elyse is awesome

I am a wedding photographer/cinematographer and worked on a wedding with Elyse over the summer. She is organized and really cares about her clients. I would most definitely recommend her!

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you so much, AK! I really appreciate it. It was wonderful working with you and your Photographers as well! :)
    Chris B. Married on 01/07/2020

Great to work with!

As a DJ / MC in the wedding industry here on the Central Coast. Working with a great coordinator is amazing. Just makes the wedding day smooth, fun and perfect for the couples we work with. Elyse would be a great choice for your wedding.

Chris Bailey of Epic Entertainment

Elyse Events's reply:

Aww thank you so much, Chris! I always love working with you guys at Epic Entertainment - some of my favorite DJs!
  • Ashley
    Ashley L. Married on 09/27/2019

Stress-free, well-organized, extremely personable!

I did not think I needed a wedding coordinator because I am extremely ocd, well-organized (spreadsheet queen) and have worked in the wedding industry myself. Hiring Elyse to coordinate our wedding was the best decision we made. Everything was flawless from the month-long communication about contracts, insurance and vendor payments, to the rehearsal music timing run-through and day-of wedding timeline. Elyse and her staff were friendly, professional, and made the day stress-free for me (the bride) which is not easy to do for someone with my type A personality. There were so many little details I hadn't even thought about that Elyse made sure were taken care of. My mom, family members and bridal party were able to enjoy the day and be present for each moment because Elyse and her team were busy making every detail perfect! I cannot recommend her enough!

Elyse Events's reply:

Aww thank you so much for your sweet review, Ashley!!! That means so much and I really appreciate it. I'm so glad your wedding was as flawless as you wanted it to be! I loved working with you and Scott! Give Blue a hug for me!
  • Mark
    Mark M. Married on 08/31/2019

A HUGE weight off our shoulders!!

My wife and I were referred to Elyse by one of our close friends and we are so grateful for her!! Elyse went above and beyond being proactive and responsive. We used the Knot.com wedding planning book and website, with Elyse taking over for the month of, and day of, our wedding. She is professional and organized while being flexible with the various nuances that I’m sure are a part of most weddings.
    For context, our wedding had about 150 people, about 10 vendors, and yes, family politics. :)

I very rarely do reviews but I can confidently say, please do yourself a favor and give her a call!

Mark

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Mark! I really appreciate your kind words. It was such a pleasure working with you and Shielu, and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
  • Hayley
    Hayley M. Married on 08/03/2019

Magical wedding experience!!!

The best decision I’ve ever made was marrying my husband. The second was hiring Elyse as our wedding planner. She handled all of our concerns/thoughts/feelings/anxieties in a timely, friendly, efficient and professional manner. She also became a friendly voice to talk ideas over with. Knowing we had her on our team helped alleviate a ton of anxiety. She was incredible at navigating both me and my husband’s personalities (and we have...um... big ones). Our venue was errrr.... difficult and I think I’d be laying in a ditch somewhere in my wedding dress right now instead of cuddling up with my hubby if it hadn’t been for Elyse’s help. She truly went above and beyond. I’m already thinking of all the other events I want to plan just so I can work with her again!

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Hayley! I loved working with you and Sam so much. Your wedding was incredibly special and I am so honored you chose me to be part of it! #lucyandboboforever
  • Michelle
    Michelle A. Married on 07/04/2019

HIGHLY recommend using Elyse!

We highly encourage all of you who are on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, to DEFinitely hire a wedding planner! In addition, you cannot go wrong with working with Elyse! She is beyond sweet and kind, knows so many awesome vendors (which is a total plus), and made you feel comfortable and valued every step of the way.

Before hiring her, I was that bride who thought.. "Do I really need a planner.. I have all my ducks in a row in my everyday life.. I already know what I want for my big day..." however, Elyse knew exactly how to give me the space I needed and knew how to handle those "I don't know what I'm doing" moments! (Believe me- there will be plenty of ideas you will want to run by her and she always has the best solutions).

Planning a wedding during COVID was no joke STRESSFUL, but, Elyse worked so hard to make sure each decision was smooth and well thought out. She was there every step of the way and we really appreciate her willingness to efficiently communicate with everyone, in addition to, her professionalism throughout the 2 years it took to plan our wedding.

Much love!

Elyse Events's reply:

Aww thank you SO MUCH, Michelle! I really appreciate your kind words. It was such a pleasure working with you and Luke! :)
  • Tanya
    Tanya M. Married on 06/08/2019

Elyse was a pleasure to work with!

Our string quartet played one of Elyse's weddings last month, and she was a pleasure to work with. Everything was smooth, every detail was covered, and she made everything seem easy. Thanks, Elyse!

Elyse Events's reply:

Aww thank you so much, Tanya! I loved how responsive you were through the whole process, and your quartet played beautifully at Stephanie & Daniel's wedding. It was a pleasure working with you! :)
  • Holly
    Holly E. Married on 05/10/2019

Above and Beyond from Day 1

I was impressed with Elyse's enthusiasm and work ethic from the get go. She took time out of her vacation to make the initial call to see if she was the right fit for us. We planned a CA wedding all the way from KY and Elyse was ON TOP of everything from day one. She constantly had a positive attitude (even when I didn't) and regularly rolled with the punches when we ran into road blocks with vendors and family. She was conscientious of our budget and of any concerns I may have had about stuff.
    Our wedding was perfect, more "us" than I ever could have hoped and Elyse was such a shining light throughout.
    I highly recommend Elyse! I hope she is in my life forever so I can watch her continue to grow her business and help give other couples their dream weddings in SLO and beyond!

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Holly!!! I LOVED your wedding - it was so fun and so uniquely you & Daniel. May the force be with you two forever! #DontStopBlevin
    Andrew D. Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing coordinator from start to finish

Elyse did an amazing job at our wedding. We hired her very close to the wedding and she went straight into action to make our wedding perfect. She coordinated with all our vendors to make sure everything was perfect for us. She made sure to keep the event schedule on time and would constantly check in with us if we need anything. I would recommend her in a heart beat for any wedding my friends would have.

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Andy! I loved working with you and Renee to make your day perfect. All the best to you both! :)
    Emily C. Married on 10/27/2018

Emily Crawford - 10/27/18 Wedding

We loved Elyse! We worked with Elyse through SeaVenture Hotel and Restaurant for our wedding in 2018. She was fabulous and took all the stress off me as a bride, especially since we lived so far away and having a little one to care for. She was able to schedule calls around our schedule and was very responsive when I had even the silliest of questions. We had only met her once before our wedding while we were in town for a quick visit and picked up linen samples, but all our detailing planning had to be done over the phone and she did amazing getting just what I had envisioned. The day of she made everything so seamless and if there was a hiccup we never knew it. She even had all our decorations packed up and in our room at the end of the day ready and waiting for us so we never had to worry about them. She for sure goes above and beyond to make your day one to remember and I hope that she will still be event planning when we have our 25th anniversary because I know we would for sure love her help to plan it! Thank you so much Elyse for helping with and being a part of our special day!

Elyse Events's reply:

Aww thank you, Emily! You and Jason were so sweet, and I will remember your first dance with the bubbles forever! :)
    Leslie Married on 09/08/2018
    Elyse is simply the BEST! From the very beginning when I simply inquired, to the last dance of the night, Elyse made our day the BEST EVER!!! It is clear that she loves what she does. She was quick to reply and help every time we needed her. Her professionalism and enthusiasm made the whole process a joy. I never felt stressed because I knew she was organized and prepared. Love love love her!!!!

Elyse Events's reply:

Awww I love you too! Thank you so much, Leslie! I loved working with you and Adam (and your mom)! :)
  • Shira
    Shira Married on 08/25/2018
    I can safely say Elyse helped to make my day the BEST EVER! Here is how:

*She alleviates any stress - she's KNOWS it's YOUR day so she ensures you have nothing to stress or worry about (she has this 'its all good everything is perfect' vibe with a huge smile that just completely relaxes you)
    * She truly cares. You will feel like you're her number one priority
    * She handles it ALL and is there ALWAYS with a smile. If anything did go wrong - I didn't know about it. And everytime I needed her she was magically there (seriously, how did you do it?!)
    *She puts in extra care - we had a very delicate kettubah (Jewish marriage contract) and before I could even worry I heard that Elyse had wrapped it up exactly as it came and it was already in the room. This was absolutely above and beyond.
    * Extra care continued - she even put on my flower crown because my hair person had to run out for a moment. Her attitude was of course absolutely amazing 'everything is perfect and whatever you need'
    * Her joy in helping to make our day the best showed through out the day.

Putting into words how amazing Elyse was for us is hard. It was the best day of our life and there were no hiccups or anything because of Elyse. What's more is she is genuine, because of this you have a planner with integrity who really does want this to be your best day ever.

We can't thank you enough Elyse!!!!

Elyse Events's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH, Shira!!! You and Jake were the sweetest couple, and I loved working with your mom as well! :)
  • Tracey
    Tracey Married on 07/14/2018

Absolutely amazing at what she does!

As a local wedding planner, I've had the pleasure to assist Elyse Events on multiple weddings now, and let me just say... WOW, ELYSE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING at what she does! She is very creative and has a eye for detail and GORGEOUS designs. She is extremely friendly to work with and treats her team, vendor team, couples and their guests with a level of respect that doesn't go unnoticed. She has such a kind heart and it shows! She will go above and beyond to make your wedding day one you will never forget and will cherish for the rest of your lives! I absolutely love assisting Elyse Events and can't wait for the next opportunity to work with her!

Elyse Events's reply:

TRACEY! Thank you so much! This made me emotional and that seriously means the world to me, especially coming from you! I LOVE working with you on wedding days, and I hope we have many more to come! :)