Ellis Event Design Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Katherine B. Married on 11/05/2021

Hire Eden, what a gem!!!

Eden was our wedding planner for a solid 2 years. Due to covid we had to push our wedding a year and she helped as our planner, therapist, and truly a friend. Even under normal circumstances weddings are stressful to plan with all the $ and expectations that go into it, but covid added even more to the pile with moving vendors, added fees, and all the uncertainty.

Eden stayed calm, kind, and helpful with every single interaction. When it came time for our wedding day the weather was completely unexpected - cold and pouring rain. Day of, Eden managed to pull off a backup plan that had guests saying the arrangement was even more beautiful for our plan A. I am very thankful that we found and worked with Eden and highly encourage that you do the same! She knows the industry, the vendors, and many of the popular venues in CHS and will always have your best interest in mind.

Outside of that, Eden is a very calming presence. If you have any nerves/anxiety about the big day she really does radiate positivity and peace. When my bridesmaids started getting worked up she kindly spoke to them as well to make sure it wouldn’t get to me. She is also younger and more in touch with a minimal understated taste that is popular today. She will provide her opinion but never overstep if you disagree. Her suggestions were always helpful and she was willing to think and talk through each and every step.

Long story long, hire Eden and find out for yourself how wonderful she is.
  • Alex
    Alex T. Married on 04/24/2021

The best of the best!

Working with Ellis Event Design is like working with someone that is family. I am in a very special position where I knew the day that I got engaged there was no other wedding planner that I would even consider working with. I am also in the honored position that Eden Ellis was a dear friend before she was my wedding planner. Having known her since we were freshman in college made the experience even more wonderful, but Eden makes all her clients feel like they have known her for years. She was always available to answer any questions we had and sometimes I would have to even tell her to go enjoy an evening out instead of being chained to her email. Eden and I’s relationship blossomed even more through the wedding planning process. If there is one word that I could use to describe her it would be selfless.

She knows that I am more of a type B person, so she would come to me with a couple of options, talk each of them through and then I would easily be able to make the decision. Unlike, some girls that dream of exactly the way their wedding is going to look, I just knew I wanted to have a good time and party with all the people I love after marrying the man of my dreams. Eden was able to interpret this and truly give me the wedding I had not even realized I was dreaming of. For example, I had no idea what kind of linens or table setups I wanted. I am a big lover of tie dye and Eden was able to find the most awesome, and tasteful, tie dye table linens for our reception. I have had so many people approach me after the fact saying how cool they looked and that they never would have thought to do a pattern and deviate from the normal ivory table clothes. Eden can add the most personal touches in ways that only elevates the design.

Budget was the least fun part of the process, but with Eden’s expertise we were able to stretch my dollar as far as it could possibly go and came in right at my budget. The money that was paid for Ellis Event Design’s services was absolutely the best money spent from our wedding budget.

I obviously have insisted and raved about working with Ellis Event Design to every bride I know and the way I always describe working with her is she will always make you feel like this is truly going to be the best day of your life. I know that might sound cliché, but as anyone that has gone through the process of planning a wedding and the stress that inevitably stems from that, the excitement of what is to come can sometimes get lost. I never felt throughout the 17 months of my engagement that it had lost its allure. Anytime there was planning to be done or decisions to be made, it only added anticipation and elation I knew I would have during wedding weekend and that is all thanks to Eden Ellis.

If you are a bride and you are looking for the best possible wedding planner on the market, look no further than Ellis Event Design. You will not only have the absolute best experience, but you will also gain a new friend along the way.
    Shawnti A. Married on 11/01/2020

Eden is the absolute BEST!

There aren’t enough words to thank Eden for the amazing job she did with our wedding. We did interview calls with 10+ planners and we immediately felt like Eden was our girl. She was easygoing, super friendly, and very honest and upfront about costs and what to expect when planning a wedding in the Charleston area (we live in NYC and we couldn’t come to Charleston much for planning so we wanted someone on the ground who knew the ropes of wedding planning in CHS). She helped us stay within our budget (we actually came in under which we were so impressed by) and Eden was on top of every single thing every step of the way. We had some issues with our wedding programs not being delivered the week of our wedding and before I even knew they didn’t arrive, she had called the company and had them refund us, she had the company send her the original proof, and she had them printed locally. This is one of the many many things Eden did throughout the planning process that made us so happy we went with her. Not to mention, she planned this with us during Covid and with all the new rules and guidelines in place, she still made the process easy and straightforward for us. I am so grateful we went with her and couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day.
    Lauren C. Married on 02/22/2020

Insightful & Incredibly Helpful

Eden was amazing to work with! She was very organized and had so many great ideas for our wedding. She’s extremely down to earth and made me feel so comfortable throughout the entire wedding planning experience. I truly could not have done it without her. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a planner!
    Madison H. Married on 02/15/2020

BEST wedding planner in Charleston!!!

I can’t say enough great things about working with Eden throughout the entire wedding planning process. Her connections and recommendations in the Charleston area made it so easy for us to determine the best venue/vendors and ultimately land on a wedding date. We worked with a lot of vendors, but Eden was the one constant that kept everything and everyone in check. She was always quick to respond to my many emails/texts and able to provide advice on all questions regarding wedding etiquette. In addition to keeping us organized and on track throughout our 8 month engagement, she was able to create the perfect wedding day – everything from the ceremony to the reception décor was absolutely beautiful. I never had to worry about contacting any of the vendors prior to the wedding day as she created a detailed timeline for everyone. This gave me and my family such a peace of mind and allowed us to soak in every minute of our special day. My experience working with Eden was truly great and I would recommend her to anyone! She can do as much or as little as you need and will treat you more as a friend than a client. Thank you for making my wedding dreams come true!
    King S. Married on 01/01/2020

We love eden!

Hire Eden as your wedding planner + you are in FABULOUS hands! In addition to being as sweet as can be, Eden always has her clients’ best interest at heart while guiding them through the wedding planning process. With a background in event rentals, she understands the importance of well-constructed floor plans, production schedules + vendor teams. In addition to being a logistic guru, Eden has a killer eye for design. She is always quick to communicate adjustments with our team + provides unbelievably customer service. We highly recommend her services!
  • Allyson
    Allyson G. Married on 12/28/2019

Truly Amazing

We cannot say enough about how much we loved working withEden and Ellis Event Design to plan our wedding. When we started the process ofresearching wedding planners we felt a little uneasy about the fact that we livedfar away from the wedding location and were going to have to rely heavily onwhoever we hired. We heard about Eden and Ellis Event Design through family friendsand after our interview phone call our (aka the bride’s) nerves were completelyput at ease. Not only was the pricing completely reasonable especially for allthe amenities that she includes (multiple lengthy phone calls, vendor researchand pricing, the use of Aisle Planner which helped us organize and trackeverything, her physically picking and dropping wedding items up and off priorto wedding day, setting up the entire reception, etc.), but the investment surpassedour expectations. Eden is responsible, receptive, patient, and responsive and madeworking with her a pleasure. There were many panicky phone calls, texts and emailsfrom us (once again the bride), which she quickly responded to and addressed andcompletely gave us peace of mind at the end of the day. Additionally she wasfantastic with both of our families, helping out in any additional way shecould and constantly was a listening ear. Having worked for a Charleston vendorprior to wedding planning, Eden brings a lot of knowledge to the table and hasworked with many vendors (especially in the Carolinas, but I’m sure all overthe country as Charleston is such a popular place for weddings). The weekend ofour wedding went off without a hitch and everything was seamless. From the rehearsalceremony to our sparkler farewell, Eden and her team were there making sureeverything was perfect. We highly recommend Ellis Event Design and can confidently say that your experience with Eden and her team will be as enjoyable as ours!
    Cary Married on 05/18/2019

More than wonderful!

I highly recommend Paraiso Event Designs. Eden made wedding planning a breeze. Not only is she very experienced and knowledgeable, she has a calming presence that put me at ease. The investment made to hire her paid for itself. My now husband and mother agree it was money well spent! She was very responsive and easy to get in contact with throughout the whole process. I always felt she had my best interest in mind and genuinely cared about making our wedding the best day of our lives. We worked together on the budget and she was very respectful of our budget during planning which meant a lot to me. I never felt like she was trying to gain commission from us compared to other wedding planners in the area. She helped iron out the details I would have overlooked and I never felt stressed the day of the wedding. Any hiccups were handled by Eden without my husband or myself becoming stressed. She saved my nerves when a family tragedy right before the wedding and helped me feel confident with moving forward with planning instead of crumbling over things to do amidst heartache. My family and friends raved about how smoothly everything went. I'm forever grateful for Eden who gave us the most beautiful day and wedding we could have asked or imagined.
  • Debbie
    Debbie F. Married on 05/04/2019

Eden Ellis @ Paraiso Event Design

Eden was fabulous to work with. She thought of every little detail ahead of time and had connections with fantastic service providers which was so important for us since we were a
    all coming from out of town (TX and MD). Eden has a great designer’s eye and created the perfect wedding for my daughter at Lowndes Grove. My husband and I had nothing to do but fully enjoy the day. It all went so smoothly, I cannot imagine planning a wedding without her!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 04/05/2019

We love eden!

Working with Eden was fantastic. She was very knowledgeable with the wedding process but also let us have a hand in the planning which was awesome! At the end of the day I can't imagine planning a wedding without her. She ensured that the day of went perfectly- and it did!
    Brittany Married on 03/09/2019

A dream - our best investment!

Paraiso Event Design is the absolutely best! Eden was highly organized with every detail of our wedding weekend mapped out. She is well connected to all the major vendors and knows really cool niche vendors that brought in elements to our rehearsal dinner and wedding (that I would have never thought of) but truly made the events a dream. The thing about Eden that makes her so special is that she really listens and understands what you want - then works diligently to make it a reality. She works so hard and manages a million little things at once but you never see her as anything but calm. I trusted her completely and felt like I had a friend with amazing sense of design to rely on during the process. She was the best investment we made for our wedding weekend. Everything was a dream thanks to Eden - our family and friends still rave about our wedding.
    Brittany S. Married on 11/10/2018

Eden truly made our dream wedding a reality.

Eden truly made our dream wedding a reality. From the very beginning, Eden listened to our vision and worked tirelessly and thoughtfully to ensure that even the smallest of details were perfect. I especially appreciated how communicative Eden was throughout the entire process. Although she planned our entire reception from start to finish, I always felt as though I knew exactly what was going on and that our preferences were carefully considered. Eden is clearly in contact with the very best vendors in the region and every detail of our day was planned, organized, and executed flawlessly. We attribute everything to Eden's professionalism. I trust Eden completely and would use her over and over again!
    Laura Married on 11/09/2018

Pick Eden!

We are so happy we choose Eden to help plan our big day! I immediately knew she was the girl for the job when we met in person. I actually selected Eden over a well known planner who has been in the Charleston wedding industry for MANY years. Eden kept an upbeat and stress free personality through it all- which I needed the most! Better yet, she nailed our esthetic vision. I received many compliments on the details of our wedding. She also went out of her way for us on more than one occasion which absolutely stood out. Snag Eden as a planner, she has a big future of wedding planning ahead of her!! I truly miss chatting with her now that it’s all over!
    Natalie Married on 11/03/2018

Best money spent

Hiring Paraiso was the best money we spent. Having the ability to remove all of the stress and worries and just take the time to focus on what was really important--getting married--was worth every penny. Eden is so professional, so detailed, and so knowledgeable about everything related to wedding planning. She has wonderful connections and she has lots of experience. Best best BEST decision.
    Casi Married on 07/07/2018
    Eden is an INCREDIBLE wedding planner to work with, and I would suggest her a million times over. She is professional, responsive, detail and vision oriented, but at the same time down to earth. She keeps your vision at the forefront of all the planning and she made sure that on our wedding day we didn’t feel bit of stress, and made sure every little detail exceeded our wildest dreams. We couldn’t have imagined our wedding day to turning out any more beautifully or smoothly than it did, and that is most definitely thanks to her!
    Susan Married on 07/07/2018
    This was our first wedding and from start to finish, our experience moved smoothly and the result was a stunning wedding!
    Morgan Married on 04/12/2018
    Eden was absolutely fantastic in planning our welcome party and wedding! She is truly something special within what can be an extremely overwhelming wedding market.

I don't have enough great things to say about her and can't recommend her business enough!! She was responsive, attentive, helpful, and really knocked it out of the park! I felt like what I wanted in our wedding was all over the place when we first met, but Eden was able to hone in on a few details, sent a vision board that my then fiance and myself absolutely loved, and our day turned out beyond perfect. People complimented every single element she designed!

With Eden having experience in rentals, it really made the most daunting part of the process for Danny and myself SO, SO easy. We didn't even have to think about it. She is knowledgeable in all things wedding related, so no question went unanswered and I never had to worry about the logistics or vendors because she knew everyone we were working with. When we had a few issues, she was right on top of it and got things done immediately. She also offered some much needed words of encouragement when I needed it the most throughout the process of wedding planning.

Paraiso Event Design was worth every single penny and more. Our wedding would have been the same without Eden and all she did for us. We are forever grateful!!
    Brittany Married on 12/09/2017
    I am a decisive person and was told that I was a decisive bride many times, so in the beginning I really didn’t think I needed a planner. I was wrong! Having a second set of eyes, ears, and opinions from a professional was the best decision I ever made.
    My favorite experience working with Paraiso was the availability of my planner! Eden was available 100% of the time. If it was a call, text, or email, she answered within minutes or hours! Eden recommended more than half of my vendors. She genuinely took the time to help me search for various vendors within my budget and could even pull some strings on the price. She is resourceful and knows many people/vendors that she works with on a daily basis. Day one, Eden had me prioritize my budget and decide where to put the most money and the least, this was extremely helpful!
    She also has great taste so I knew whatever I envisioned would be executed beautifully! Many vendors complimented on how organized and detailed the master timeline and various spreadsheets were.
    Paraiso made my engagement and wedding one to remember! The most stressful and tedious tasks that come with planning a wedding were gone the moment I made the decision to use Paraiso. It was great not having to worry about anything because I was in such great hands! My event was flawless and everything I dreamed of. We can’t thank Eden and Paraiso Event Design enough for making our day so special!
    Gwen Married on 10/29/2017
    Working with Eden was a true delight! She was helpful and responsive at every turn. We live in Charlotte, so she gave us wonderful suggestions for Charleston vendors and created a beautiful design for our daughter’s special day at The Cedar Room. Wonderful experience!
    Katie Married on 08/26/2017
    If you are looking for a wedding planner who LOVES to party plan, who is energetic, bubbly, creates your vision even when your lost, mindful of your budget and is on top of it 24/7 you’ve found your person! We couldn’t have been happier with the whole process and we can’t thank you enough for making it easy for us!
    Taylor Married on 06/24/2017
    Eden with Paraiso Event Design was truly a gift when it came to wedding planning. We chose the “month-of” planning package and she managed all final communication with vendors, coordinating the timeline, and so many other logistical concerns they you simply don’t want you or your family to be worried about as your wedding day approaches! I also completely trusted her design taste and knew that set-up for the reception was in good hands with her! She stayed involved in final design touches and knew exactly what I envisioned for our wedding day. As my mom and I reflected after the event, there were so many times that we said- how would that have happened without Eden there? She made our day flow seamlessly. Not to mention that Eden is incredibly sweet and felt like a friend from our first meeting! Hiring an event coordinator was completely worth the investment and we would choose to work with Paraiso Event Design a million times over.
  • Mark
    Mark B. Married on 10/16/2021

Eden was just what we hoped for

We had a wonderful experience with Eden as our wedding coordinator / planner. She was personable, organized, and was struck a terrific balance between listening to what we wanted and guiding us when we clearly didn't know what we were doing. The service for the price is excellent value. Eden hooked us up with great vendors, and everything went very smoothly on the big day in large thanks to Eden. We most highly recommend her!